PDA

View Full Version : Wintersun Time Update

DementedX14
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Finland's WINTERSUN have released the following update regarding their long-awaited second album:

Hello friends!

Time for some album(s) news. Wintersun's Time is going to be two albums, titled TIME I & TIME II. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:

All the 80min of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.

We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.

The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of "hard listening (not easy listening)" material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me). Both albums will be approx. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.

We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these "modern times." No more years of silence for us!

We hope you'lll approve our new little "plan" and support us when the "Time" comes!

The track listing for TIME I looks like this:

TIME I
1. When Time Fades Away
2. Sons of Winter and Stars
I Rain of Stars
II Surrounded by Darkness
III Journey Inside a Dream
IV Sons of Winter and Stars
3. Land of Snow and Sorrow
4. Darkness and Frost
5. Time

TIME I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012! TIME II will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing TIME II meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!

We can't wait for you guys to hear TIME I material and play it to you live! Have a great summer!

- Jari & Wintersun boys

WINTERSUN are confirmed to headline this year's edition of the so-called HEIDENFEST tour kicking off in October supported by Korpiklaani, Varg, Trollfest and Krampus, before they go on touring the world. Further infos, dates and tickets on www.heidenfest.eu

SOURCE (http://www.facebook.com/notes/wintersun/wintersun-album-update-track-listing-revealed/10151756957115234)

idrinkwine732
05-29-2012, 01:09 PM
TIME I mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012!

:snivel:

AnataFan4Life
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
:drool:

John The Drummer
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
released in early fall of 2012! ]

lol no it won't :D

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
The official release date for Time 1 is October 19th.

Fates Guardian
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
So they want to release it as two albums just so as to stay 'visible', as it were? Otherwise it would seem like they could just release it as a double album (label permitting). Either way, I'm not the biggest Wintersun fan (I do enjoy 'Wintersun', mind you), but hell, after all these years, I'm curious about these albums. =]

AnataFan4Life
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Maybe now we will see the new Necrophagist, Anata, Cryptopsy, and Gorguts albums too >_<

treghet
07-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Maybe now we will see the new Necrophagist, Anata, Cryptopsy, and Gorguts albums too >_<

That should be out before the end of the year.

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20617

SomewhereInTime72
07-05-2012, 01:24 AM
I desperately hope that it actually comes out finally. :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
07-27-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't know how long it's been out but I stumbled upon the cover art today. I like it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3lbAHvkZtb4/TWUvLboQvvI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/gZP0p8qFhUE/s1600/wintersuntimecoveror4.jpg

kommie
07-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I though a song was posted :flame: and yea, the cove is kinda old.

kommie
10-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Time. Has. Leaked.

CreptorStatus
10-15-2012, 06:50 AM
And unfortunately, its completely underwhelming. :(

kommie
10-15-2012, 07:17 AM
And unfortunately, its completely underwhelming. :(

Are you talking about the new Ensiferum?

CreptorStatus
10-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Are you talking about the new Ensiferum?

Haha nope, but that was very underwhelming as well. As for Wintersun, don't get me wrong, I am a gigantic fan and have had Time I preordered months ago but the album is pretty disappointing. Its 40 minutes long and about 8 of minutes of it is instrumental orchestra interlude filler stuff. The 3 actual songs on the album are smothered in Synth orchestra making all the amazing guitar and drum work inaudible. The songs go nowhere and overly long. And where are all the memorable melody lines and choruses? Where is all the ridiculous neoclassical shred solos and great riffs? Anyway sad times for me.

Regardless I will be seeing them in December. Hopefully they don't include that 13 minute long Synth string song in their set.

anomynous
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Here we go, another extremely overrated album coming.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm digging the album but I will agree to an extent that it's underwhelming. The problem is it's too short. I know this is only half of Time and we're getting part 2 next year but I think when you finally release a new album after your fans have been waiting for 7 years it should be more than just 3 songs, even if 2 of those songs are over the 10 minute mark.

MPF
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I guess I'm one of the few here that is not disappointed at all. It's half of the full album and I can't say that I am disappointed until Time II comes out. So far It's a fantastic album, the three real songs that are on here were worth the wait.

John The Drummer
10-15-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't see how this took 20 years (or whatever) to write :lol:
It's not bad, but really, only three real songs? That is quite a let down.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't see how this took 20 years (or whatever) to write :lol:
It's not bad, but really, only three real songs? That is quite a let down.

It's only half the material. This and Time part 2 were both part of the same writing process. They're just splitting it up into two albums to keep people interested and stay in the spotlight longer.

John The Drummer
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
It's only half the material. This and Time part 2 were both part of the same writing process. They're just splitting it up into two albums to keep people interested and stay in the spotlight longer.

I understand that, but as you said yourself, for their first album in years, why not do more?

CreptorStatus
10-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Not to mention if Time II ALSO has 10 minutes of interlude tracks they easily could have cut out all those tracks and released an epic ass 60 - 70 minute record.

I've listened to it quite a bit at work yesterday and its grown a little on me. But its just not up to par with their legendary S/T album.

BloodoftheKings
10-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I've listened to it quite a bit at work yesterday and its grown a little on me. But its just not up to par with their legendary S/T album.

Again, i'm not making final judgements until part 2 is out. I'm viewing this as half an album.

kommie
10-16-2012, 11:54 AM
What I find most odd is how 'The Way of the Fire' isn't on this one, as they played it live last year.

kommie
10-16-2012, 08:35 PM
This was the original track list:

1. When time fades away

2. Sons of winter and stars

3. Land of snow and sorrow

4. Darkness and frost

5. Time

6. Way of the fire

7. Storm

8. Silver leaves

9. Outro

So unless he writes more songs, Time II will have 4 songs, and one (Outro) probably guaranteed instrumental song.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Liking it so far. Listened to it all the way through twice. It's different from the first album but the Wintersun sound is there. Time is my favorite track.

Is it just me or does When Time Fades Away sound like a Japanese version of the Game of Thrones theme song?

kommie
10-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Liking it so far. Listened to it all the way through twice. It's different from the first album but the Wintersun sound is there. Time is my favorite track.

Is it just me or does When Time Fades Away sound like a Japanese version of the Game of Thrones theme song?

If you look into anything about the album, Jari mentions a lot that the album has Japanese influence, especially the first song.

W0unds
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
After some Festival- and Summer show announcements we thought we might also give you a heads up regarding TIME II.

2012 was a really great year for us, the release of TIME I was a huge success and we did two successful tours and many sold out shows. But we are aiming even higher and take Wintersun to the next level in 2013! We have 3 official webstores up and running (Europe, Finland, North America) and we hope you guys like the available items. Thereīll be constant updates and new products and we will also have interesting competitions and specials coming up on our pages, so be sure to check it all out.

We are starting the mix of TIME II and it will be released early 2014. The album will continue where TIME I left, but it will be an upgrade in production, it will be equally epic, if not more. It will contain some "fast stuff" and some guitar shredding (incl. 7 solos) like some of you metal heads and guitar wankers have been wishing for. It will also contain some of the most beautiful music ever written, that will bring a tear to your eye.

We are playing some huge summer festivals in Finland and in EU (Incl. Tuska, Nummirock, Metalfest, Beastival, Hellfest...) and for the first time going to Spain. We are also taking part in EMMA GAALA ("Finnish Grammy") in March for the nomination of "Best Metal Album of the Year". We know itīs going to be an exciting year. It is because all of you who have supported us during the years, we have been able to grow and continue to do what we love.

Thank you for all the support!

Stay tuned for some further exciting live news soon! We hope to see all of you on the road and during the festival season 2013!

From Wintersun's Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151421608737402&set=a.10151063141622402.457619.8120427401&type=1) - Time II to be released in early 2014.

Rocco44
02-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Another year? "Some of the most beautiful music ever written"? haha

MPF
02-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I didn't realize it took over 12 months to mix, master, and process an album...honestly, there is no reason why this couldn't come out, at the latest by Fall.

That said I will be looking forward to it.

SomewhereInTime72
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I almost wish the music wasn't incredible so that I could be more resentful. The slowness is pretty absurd.

energymetal14
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
I almost wish the music wasn't incredible so that I could be more resentful. The slowness is pretty absurd.

I agree. It is crazy how long they take to release stuff, but I really liked Time I and I'm sure i will also love Time II.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiaJjqaFZE

Rocco44
02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiaJjqaFZE

Definitely. I downloaded this and the quality is really good. You can actually hear the guitars so I almost prefer that mix to the actual album.

John The Drummer
02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Anyone want to make bets on how many times this gets pushed back?

kommie
02-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Anyone want to make bets on how many times this gets pushed back?

6 years