Dead
Deceiver
Dementia Access
When All Is Said and Done
Unchallenged Hate
Suffer the Children
Nom de Guerre
Breed to Breathe
Nazi Punks Fuck Off (Dead Kennedys cover)
Human Garbage
You Suffer
Instinct of Survival

Nasum

Mass Hypnosis
This Is...
The Masked Face
Scoop
Bullshit
Relics
Shadows
Corrosion
Multinational Murderers Network
Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow
The Smallest Man
The Professional League
A Welcome Breeze of Stinking Air
I See Lies
No Sign of Improvement
Tested
Time to Act!
The Black Swarm
Circle of Defeat
Closer to the End
Fury
Wrath
I Hate People
Inhale/Exhale
---
?
The Idiot Parade

Negura Bunget

Țesarul de lumini
Poartă de Dincolo
Pămīnt
Cunoașterea tăcută
Norilor
Blăznit
Hora soarelui
Dacia hiperboreană

Setherial

Summon the lord with horns
Shadow of the throne
The mournful sunset of the forsaken
For dem MIT blod
Shades over universe
Subterranean
Enemy of creation

Unsane

Sick
Rat
Against the Grain
?
Decay
Commited
Scrape
Alleged
Ha Ha Ha (Flipper cover)

Nickweiser
05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
that Napalm Death set RULES! Lots of new stuff but its all good cause Utilitarian rules.

I wish i coulda had the money to afford going to this. Hopefully ND does a us tour soon!

girnny777
05-28-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.returntothepit.com/rttppics/nasum049_882864.jpg

masterguy49
05-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Idiot Parade and another song was played as an encore too

christopher
05-28-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm kind of bummed Nasum cut Lopanddebandsprincipen

GarageMetal468
05-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Mini review pt 2!

Ghoul - 3rd time seeing Ghoul and as always, they're incredibly fun live. The crowd was going crazy for them! I was in my ketchup suit for the party brigade stuff (which was weak as shit this year, I may add, don't know why though) and I met up with some people I remember from last year. But yeah, excellent performance as usual from Ghoul.

Demigod - Hot damn they were awesome! Slumber of Sullen Eyes is such a killer death metal album and the songs from that album sounded so good live. Another one of my favorites of the fest.

Macabre - Only caught the first song, and it was DOG GUTS!!! I never thought they'd bust that one out again, let alone as the opener! Unfortunately I had to leave to do some stuff but I'm sure I'll see Macabre again in a matter of months, they're always playing Chicago.

Artillery - At first I thought they were gonna be mediocre and it would be worth my time to see Negura Bunget instead (who I also heard were amazing live), but GOD DAMN Artillery fucking tore it up! Wanting to see those songs from By Inheritance live was totally worth it, even if they only played 2 from that album! The Challenge was great live too, and closing with Terror Squad was a way to go out! Even the new songs sounded awesome! Another one of my favorites, I never would've expected that!

Napalm Death - I do believe that this is my personal favorite of the fest. These guys were fucking brutal, fast, and above all, LOUD. Such a crazy performance. I didn't like Utalitarian at first listen, but the songs from that album sounded so good live that I'm gonna have to give it a few more listens! And being in that pit for Suffer the Children, especially when the breakdown hit, was one of the most brutal moments of my life. I'm seriously hoping they come back to the states to tour.

Godflesh - Only caught the first few songs since my friends wanted to leave to get food, and it was either that or starve the rest of the night (didn't wanna shell out a ton of money for overpriced food at the fest). From what I heard it sounded like they were gonna play all of Streetcleaner but I guess that wasn't the case. I was really enjoying them live too! Sucks but it was a long day, what are you gonna do...

Setherial - Cool for like 15 minutes, then I got bored. Something about Swedish black metal live just doesn't work for me.

Nasum - Missed them in Chicago but it was worth the extra week to see them here! They slayed live as everyone's been telling me! A hell of a set to end the second night of the fest.

BloodoftheKings
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Macabre - Only caught the first song, and it was DOG GUTS!!! I never thought they'd bust that one out again, let alone as the opener! Unfortunately I had to leave to do some stuff but I'm sure I'll see Macabre again in a matter of months, they're always playing Chicago.

I'm still waiting for someone to post a Macabre set. Great to hear they pulled out Dog Guts. They never fucking come to NY :mad:

Wrecking Crew
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
So is Godflesh really back together? That would be awesome since I love Godflesh but hate Jesu. Glad I got to see them back in '96 since I thought they were done but I would certainly go see them again, hopefully they will go on a full U.S. tour.

VoidFlame
05-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Napalm Death

Circumspect
Errors in the Signals
Everyday Pox
Can't Play, Won't Pay
Protection Racket
Silence Is Deafening
The Wolf I Feed
Fatalist
Practice What You Preach
Quarantined
Next of Kin to Chaos
Analysis Paralysis
The Kill
Deceiver
Dementia Access
When All Is Said and Done
Unchallenged Hate
Nom de Guerre
Retching on the Dirt
Nazi Punks Fuck Off (Dead Kennedys cover)
Human Garbage
You Suffer
Instinct of Survival

I've acually mistaken "Dead" for "The Kill" and "Breed to Breathe" for "Retching on the Dirt". Editing would be cool :D

girnny777
05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
They also played "Suffer The Children" after Unchallenged Hate.

masterguy49
06-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Shit well I'm not doing anything so I thought I'd do a little write up for DAY 2 BITCHES. Looking back I'd probably say this was my favorite day overall, I was fully rested and had a blast the WHOLE day. So lets break this shit down!

Alright so after a good well rested night I get up and get ready to go down to the venue. I get there fairly early and meet up with Larvtard to go in. When I first get in I spend a few minutes looking through merch and everything then go to catch Castevet. I didn't know much from these guys, but they sounded good. Unfortunately they did get boring after a while. All in all though, it was a good start to the show.
6/10
Before I knew it Nashgul came on, who I was looking forward to a good deal. They sounded awesome, but the main problem was that their breakdowns got repetitive after a while. No big deal though, they still sounded awesome and I enjoyed their set a lot.
7.5/10
Next up was Ghoul, who I've heard great things about. Naturally I was pretty excited and when they got up on stage I was not disappointed. They sounded tight, fast, and fucking awesome. The on stage antics just added to the fun set they were already pulling it out. Definitely one of the funner bands of the weekend!
8.5/10
Then everyone proceeded to go out to go see Demigod, who I was looking forward too greatly. I love Slumber of Sullen Eyes so I was highly looking forward to their set. Thankfully they did not disappoint, they sounded heavy and tight as fuck, it was awesome. Even Mr. IDONTLIKEDEATHMETALANYMORE seemed to be enjoying them a lot. They were great and I'm glad I saw them.
8/10
Then I had to make a choice to see Today is the Day or Macabre, I went in to see Today is the Day and they sounded alright, outside Macabre sounded okay too, but they were more entertaining. I saw the rest of their set, it was all alright. The vocalist seemed to try to hard on the killings and stuff. It was entertaining though, so I did enjoy myself.
Artillery was next but I was starving, so I went to get food from the sandwich shop near by and chilled near the stage outside and listened to them. They sounded good and I enjoyed them. Wish I was actually there though, oh well!
Macabre: 6.5/10
I got in and Napalm Death was soon, but Negura Bungetwas still playing, so I went to check em out fast. They sounded good, but I was too excited for Napalm to care, I proceeded back outside and got close for Napalm. Soon they got on and WOW they sounded AWESOME. I was blown away, they are one of the greatest live bands ever, no doubt. One of the best bands of the weekend no doubt, I loved it from start to finish. Plus the mosh pits were some of the most intense pits I've ever been in. They killed me but it was so much fun. One of the greatest sets of my life.
Napalm Death: 9.5/10
I then got a beer and chugged it down to go see Godflesh. When they were first announced, I didn't care, but I learned to love their work by the time of the festival, so I was excited. Once they slammed into Like Rats I was in love. They sounded so heavy and awesome. It sounds ridiculous but I jumped in the pit most of their set. The music was so heavy with really pumped up beats and it was the first push pit I've seen(seriously how the fuck these people didnt get tired of circle pits, I'll never know). It was a fun time and no one was pushing out of anger or anything. People were having a good time, singing along, and head banging to the legendary Godflesh.
9.25/10
Unsane and Serethrial i don't remember much so I won't talk about them. After Serethrial I chugged down a jager bomb(or 2) and some jack and coke. I was pretty drunk for one of my most anticipated bands of the night, NASUM. The moment they got on stage with an awesome lengthy intro and went into Mass Hypnosis I went nuts. I was in the pit the whole time, screaming words I knew, crowd surfing during less moshy songs/parts. I was going nuts the whole time and I loved every second of it. I beat my record and crowd surfed 6 times their whole hour long set and moshed all the other minutes I wasnt crowd surfing. Its possibly the greatest set I've seen in my life and the most fun I've ever had, probably cause I was drunk, BUT WHO CARES! They were great and I was so sad at the end to know this was my last time I'd ever see them, but I'm glad I did. Nasum: 9.75/10 (Maybe too high, but its based on experience and how much fun I had)
What a fucking great day!

Sepultura69
06-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Shit well I'm not doing anything so I thought I'd do a little write up for DAY 2 BITCHES. Looking back I'd probably say this was my favorite day overall, I was fully rested and had a blast the WHOLE day. So lets break this shit down!

Alright so after a good well rested night I get up and get ready to go down to the venue. I get there fairly early and meet up with Larvtard to go in. When I first get in I spend a few minutes looking through merch and everything then go to catch Castevet. I didn't know much from these guys, but they sounded good. Unfortunately they did get boring after a while. All in all though, it was a good start to the show.
6/10
Before I knew it Nashgul came on, who I was looking forward to a good deal. They sounded awesome, but the main problem was that their breakdowns got repetitive after a while. No big deal though, they still sounded awesome and I enjoyed their set a lot.
7.5/10
Next up was Ghoul, who I've heard great things about. Naturally I was pretty excited and when they got up on stage I was not disappointed. They sounded tight, fast, and fucking awesome. The on stage antics just added to the fun set they were already pulling it out. Definitely one of the funner bands of the weekend!
8.5/10
Then everyone proceeded to go out to go see Demigod, who I was looking forward too greatly. I love Slumber of Sullen Eyes so I was highly looking forward to their set. Thankfully they did not disappoint, they sounded heavy and tight as fuck, it was awesome. Even Mr. IDONTLIKEDEATHMETALANYMORE seemed to be enjoying them a lot. They were great and I'm glad I saw them.
8/10
Then I had to make a choice to see Today is the Day or Macabre, I went in to see Today is the Day and they sounded alright, outside Macabre sounded okay too, but they were more entertaining. I saw the rest of their set, it was all alright. The vocalist seemed to try to hard on the killings and stuff. It was entertaining though, so I did enjoy myself.
Artillery was next but I was starving, so I went to get food from the sandwich shop near by and chilled near the stage outside and listened to them. They sounded good and I enjoyed them. Wish I was actually there though, oh well!
Macabre: 6.5/10
I got in and Napalm Death was soon, but Negura Bungetwas still playing, so I went to check em out fast. They sounded good, but I was too excited for Napalm to care, I proceeded back outside and got close for Napalm. Soon they got on and WOW they sounded AWESOME. I was blown away, they are one of the greatest live bands ever, no doubt. One of the best bands of the weekend no doubt, I loved it from start to finish. Plus the mosh pits were some of the most intense pits I've ever been in. They killed me but it was so much fun. One of the greatest sets of my life.
Napalm Death: 9.5/10
I then got a beer and chugged it down to go see Godflesh. When they were first announced, I didn't care, but I learned to love their work by the time of the festival, so I was excited. Once they slammed into Like Rats I was in love. They sounded so heavy and awesome. It sounds ridiculous but I jumped in the pit most of their set. The music was so heavy with really pumped up beats and it was the first push pit I've seen(seriously how the fuck these people didnt get tired of circle pits, I'll never know). It was a fun time and no one was pushing out of anger or anything. People were having a good time, singing along, and head banging to the legendary Godflesh.
9.25/10
Unsane and Serethrial i don't remember much so I won't talk about them. After Serethrial I chugged down a jager bomb(or 2) and some jack and coke. I was pretty drunk for one of my most anticipated bands of the night, NASUM. The moment they got on stage with an awesome lengthy intro and went into Mass Hypnosis I went nuts. I was in the pit the whole time, screaming words I knew, crowd surfing during less moshy songs/parts. I was going nuts the whole time and I loved every second of it. I beat my record and crowd surfed 6 times their whole hour long set and moshed all the other minutes I wasnt crowd surfing. Its possibly the greatest set I've seen in my life and the most fun I've ever had, probably cause I was drunk, BUT WHO CARES! They were great and I was so sad at the end to know this was my last time I'd ever see them, but I'm glad I did. Nasum: 9.75/10 (Maybe too high, but its based on experience and how much fun I had)
What a fucking great day!

awesome review my persian brother. :D

masterguy49
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
awesome review my persian brother. :D

Thanks, dude. Wish you could have been there :rocker:

Shades of Gray
06-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Nasum's encore was "The Idiot Parade" followed by "Den Svarta Fanan." I've never understood why they play ""Den Svarta Fanan" as often as they do for an encore; it's not one of the best from Human 2.0 and no one sings along because it's in Swedish.

I disagree with Masterguy's 6.5 rating for Macabe. I've seen Macabe three times and that was by far the best show I've seen them put on which is saying something since they're always a good show live, in my opinion. I suppose that Macabe is kind of a love it or hate it band among metal fans; I find them to be criminally underrated.

From what I remember, here's a (probably) partial/out of order Macabe set:

Dog Guts
Hitchhiker
Scrub A Dub Dub
McMassacre (James Huberty)
Serial Killer
Nero's Inferno
The Bloody Benders
The Iceman
Nightstalker
Albert was Worse Than Any Fish in the Sea
Zodiac
Vampire of Dusseldorf
Countess Bathory

masterguy49
06-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Nasum's encore was "The Idiot Parade" followed by "Den Svarta Fanan." I've never understood why they play ""Den Svarta Fanan" as often as they do for an encore; it's not one of the best from Human 2.0 and no one sings along because it's in Swedish.

I disagree with Masterguy's 6.5 rating for Macabe. I've seen Macabe three times and that was by far the best show I've seen them put on which is saying something since they're always a good show live, in my opinion. I suppose that Macabe is kind of a love it or hate it band among metal fans; I find them to be criminally underrated.

From what I remember, here's a (probably) partial/out of order Macabe set:

Dog Guts
Hitchhiker
Scrub A Dub Dub
McMassacre (James Huberty)
Serial Killer
Nero's Inferno
The Bloody Benders
The Iceman
Nightstalker
Alber was Worse Than Any Fish in the Sea
Zodiac
Vampire of Dusseldorf
Countess Bathory
I can see why you would disagree, I think I was being a bit harsh. Overall though I just find the music okay, I did enjoy some of the songs a lot, but overall it was eh for me.