Epidemic
Postmortem
Raining Blood
-----
South of Heaven
Snuff
War Ensemble

via setlist.fm, so subject to change

Slayer's first show of 2012; I was hoping for a new song off of WPB, but since they did RIB in full I hope they are saving that for the next few tour dates

Again, we'll see if it holds up, but War Ensemble as the last song feels so weird; Slayer had a facebook contest where they had fans guess the final song, and most people picked Raining Blood or Chemical Warfare; never in a million years would I ever see War Ensemble as the final song;

Overall an ok setlist Although I think there are overdoing it with playing RIB now since they did it in '03, '04' '08 and '09

Dextrimental
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Die By The Sword! Decent setlist, not altogether great, but good. Hopefully the setlist at Graspop is better, they have an hour and fifteen minutes so hopefully we get some variety. War Ensemble is not a song to end with if you ask me, its an opener. Raining Blood should always end their shows.

I think they do Reign In Blood so much because:

a) The press REALLY push that album as being on par with a metal revolution, specially in the UK, Metal Hammer just do not shut up about it.

b) It's only half an hour, so it can be played in it's entirety, and almost an entire other setlist can still be played as well. That said, because it's an album, they can use the 'playing an album in full' excuse to only play an hour, hour fifteen, which is more or less what they did here.

PowerMaiden
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm my wildest dreams they start a show playing the Hell Awaits album in it's entirety

not a bad set though

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

rjturtle9
05-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Too many new songs, and Die by the Sword isn't really my first choice for rarity, but I can live with it.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm my wildest dreams they start a show playing the Hell Awaits album in it's entirety

You and me both. :rocker:

JRA
05-26-2012, 12:51 AM

Amen.

War Ensemble as the last song. Different, but not as different as Angel of Death being the first song would.

DisposableJustice
05-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Hell Awaits in full would be fuckin awesome I would pay to see that multiple times:rocker:

and Angel of Death as an opener would be pretty cool, going right into Piece by Piece:blaze:

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Cool setlist, I aint complaining. I would be satisfied if they played a setlist like this over here, more preferably lame-hem fest since they are only going to get like an hour to an hour and ten minutes. :D

Also, all this hell awaits talk gets me thinking if they would pull it out for next year. Since this lame-hem fest is probably the only tour slayer will hop on for north america I would assume that they will FINALLY after almost seven years FINALLY go on their own Headlining tour/show next year and snag them a couple of good bands as openers.

I wasn't old enough to attend the epic Unholy Alliance tours since i was still a young teenie bopper in high school and wasn't much of an avid concert goer. Hopefully slayer will grow some balls and finally just go on their own goddamn tour. They haven't played here by them selves in my neck of the woods since 2006. 2007 was with mansion, 2008 they didn't play in north america, 2009 was with mansion again, 2010 was the seasons tour with megadeth which was no more than an hour and ten minute set plus it was another CO-headlining tour which in my opening still doesn't justify it as HEADLINING set(plus they were rotating headlining slots on the canada dates), 2011 they played like a 50 minute set at big four, and this year they are playing at lame hem fest. I think its about time they go on their own headlining shindig and a playing hell awaits for its anniversary at next years Unholy alliance(IF THEY EVEN MAKE ONE NEXT YEAR, WHICH THEY SHOULD)would be dandy like fine candy.

my 2 cents :D

oh yeah, cool set again. Die by the sword, reign in its entirety, and closing with WAR ENSEMBLE is cool beans. :cool::cool::D

MetalIsArt
05-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Die By The Sword! Decent setlist, not altogether great, but good. Hopefully the setlist at Graspop is better, they have an hour and fifteen minutes so hopefully we get some variety. War Ensemble is not a song to end with if you ask me, its an opener. Raining Blood should always end their shows.

I think they do Reign In Blood so much because:

a) The press REALLY push that album as being on par with a metal revolution, specially in the UK, Metal Hammer just do not shut up about it.

b) It's only half an hour, so it can be played in it's entirety, and almost an entire other setlist can still be played as well. That said, because it's an album, they can use the 'playing an album in full' excuse to only play an hour, hour fifteen, which is more or less what they did here.

They have played DBTS at almost every show since it was released. :tp:

brutal_descent
05-26-2012, 02:25 AM
They have played DBTS at every show since it was released. :tp:

Slayer haven't played DBTS since 2008.

MetalIsArt
05-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Slayer haven't played DBTS since 2008.

I don't like that song and it's still overplayed. ;)

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I don't like that song

How can you not like that song. :confused:

Technically there is no bad track on Show no mercy. ;)

:cool:

MetalIsArt
05-26-2012, 02:42 AM
How can you not like that song. :confused:

Technically there is no bad track on Show no mercy. ;)

:cool:

I don't like it.

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 02:47 AM
I don't like it.

It's alright because the song doesn't like you either. ;)

MetalIsArt
05-26-2012, 03:59 AM
It's alright because the song doesn't like you either. ;)

Word. :lol:

JRA
05-26-2012, 09:03 AM
They have played DBTS at almost every show since it was released. :tp:

They most certainly have not. I've seen them three times and they didn't play it once.

Blacktooth85
05-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd like to see Slayer do an "Early Years" tour kind of like what Maiden did a few years back. I feel they need to play more stuff from Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits. I know this was a special gig to play Reign in Blood, but i agree they've done that numerous times over the years.. And it is about time they've done they're own headlining US tour, none of this co-headlining bullshit.

mankvill
05-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd like to see Slayer do an "Early Years" tour kind of like what Maiden did a few years back. I feel they need to play more stuff from Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits. I know this was a special gig to play Reign in Blood, but i agree they've done that numerous times over the years.. And it is about time they've done they're own headlining US tour, none of this co-headlining bullshit.

>mfw at my first Slayer show I got Show No Mercy :drool:

hellawaits77ny
05-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Eh, not bad.

And yes, Slayer had not played Die By The Sword since '08.

wroed
05-31-2012, 02:41 AM
Here's our review and photos:
http://www.rockersdigest.com/Article/405/Slayer+_+Sleep+_+Wolves+In+The+Throne+Room+_+Melvi ns+_+Yob+_+A+Storm+Of+Light

...and here's all the other band's set lists:

Sleep setlist:
Dopesmoker (Part I)
Holy Mountain
Dragonaut
Sonic Titan
From Beyond
Dopesmoker (Part II)

Wolves In The Throne Room setlist:
Thuja Magus Imperium
Dea Artio
I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots
Prayer of Transformation

Melvins setlist:
Hung Bunny
Roman Bird Dog
The Water Glass
Evil New War God
Manky
A History of Bad Men
Youth of America (Wipers cover)
A Growing Disgust
The War on Wisdom
The Bit

Yob setlist:
Prepare the Ground
Burning the Altar
Adrift In The Ocean

A Storm Of Light setlist:
Silver
Missing
Wasteland
Wretched Valley
Collapse
Black Wolves

Wrecking Crew
05-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I could live with this setlist at MayhemFest, but it would be even better if Dead Skin Mask would go far far away. And who else wants Crionics for the Show No Mercy track?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
I could live with this setlist at MayhemFest, but it would be even better if Dead Skin Mask would go far far away.

Word.

And who else wants Crionics for the Show No Mercy track?

Final Command, please.

christopher
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I could live with this setlist at MayhemFest, but it would be even better if Dead Skin Mask would go far far away. And who else wants Crionics for the Show No Mercy track?

Evil Has No Boundaries please!!:drool:

Sepultura69
05-31-2012, 11:51 PM
=

Sleep setlist:
Dopesmoker (Part I)
Holy Mountain
Dragonaut
Sonic Titan
From Beyond
Dopesmoker (Part II)

Yob setlist: