PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy & Friends -- Helsinki, Finland -- May 23rd, 2012

300%_Density
05-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Courtesy of setlist.fm

Bark at the Moon
Mr. Crowley
Suicide Solution
The Ultimate Sin (First time played live since 1986)
I Don't Know
Killer of Giants
Shot in the Dark
Rat Salad
Iron Man (with Geezer Butler)
War Pigs (with Geezer Butler)
N.I.B. (with Geezer Butler)
Fairies Wear Boots (With Geezer Butler & Zakk Wylde)
Into the Void (With Geezer Butler & Zakk Wylde)
I Don't Want to Change the World (with Zakk Wylde)
Crazy Train (with Zakk Wylde)
-----------------------------------------------
Mama, I'm Coming Home (with Zakk Wylde)
Paranoid (With Geezer Butler & Zakk Wylde)

No thank you. I'm kinda ok w/ The Ultimate Sin being out of the rotation for 26 years. This is quite underwhelming. Hopefully he gets more friends as the tour continues. :cool:

makethemsuffer12
05-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Ultimate Sin is definitely a cool surprise, but other than that pretty standard.

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Fuck this, I'm going to see Lamb of God instead of coming early to the main-stage to get a good spot for this. I don't call seven Sabbath songs a "unique Black Sabbath set."

Sanitarium78
05-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Yes, most of the set is pretty standard but playing the best three songs off TUS makes the set a win for me:rocker:

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I have zero interest in hearing any solo material Ozzy has. War Pigs and Into the Void isn't enough for me to want to come early to get a spot up front, and miss Lamb of God.

No 'Black Sabbath', 'Hole in the Sky', 'The Wizard', 'Symptom of the Universe', 'Sweet Leaf', 'Hand of Doom', 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' or 'Electric Funeral' makes a sad panda. inb4 you can't always get what you want :tp:

Sanitarium78
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I have zero interest in hearing any solo material Ozzy has. War Pigs and Into the Void isn't enough for me to want to come early to get a spot up front, and miss Lamb of God.

No 'Black Sabbath', 'Hole in the Sky', 'The Wizard', 'Symptom of the Universe', 'Sweet Leaf', 'Hand of Doom', 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' or 'Electric Funeral' makes a sad panda. inb4 you can't always get what you want :tp:

That's fine. There's nothing that says you have to see Ozzy play. Instead of watching him play the same old stuff, you can skip him, get a good spot for LOG and then watch them play the same old stuff;)

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
That's fine. There's nothing that says you have to see Ozzy play. Instead of watching him play the same old stuff, you can skip him, get a good spot for LOG and then watch them play the same old stuff;)

Except that they won't be playing shitty 80s radio metal :tp:

I wouldn't be skipping him either... I just wouldn't make the effort to come early to get a good spot.

IrritatedTrout
05-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Good set, Ultimate Sin is a cool addition. I'd definitely go see this if i could.

300%_Density
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this. But I kinda already did. TUS is not a selling point for me. Was not a fan of that album. Hopefully the bigger names show up in other shows. Geezer & Zakk aren't really that much of a plus IMO. Geezer would be pretty sweet but when Zakk has only been out of the band how long and he's part of the "friends" not that great. I understand this was done kind of on a whim so I don't expect perfection either.

Nater
05-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I wish they had pulled something out like having Lemmy or Lita Ford join him

rjturtle9
05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Call me when they play Diary of a Madman. Until then, no thank you.

ravenheart
05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't call seven Sabbath songs a "unique Black Sabbath set."

Don't remember any of the press releases saying he would... where did you see that?

MPF
05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I didn't realize Ozzy only had 2 friends. :lol:

But seriously, that is a pretty awesome setlist.

ravenheart
05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
The Ultimate Sin (First time played live since 1986)
Killer of Giants
Shot in the Dark
Fairies Wear Boots (With Geezer Butler & Zakk Wylde)
Into the Void (With Geezer Butler & Zakk Wylde)
I Don't Want to Change the World (with Zakk Wylde)

Also, hell yes.

I wonder if Zakk is replacing Gus on the songs he plays on, or they're playing together. Not that it would make much difference seeing as Gus just copies Zakk's playing note for note.

ravenheart
05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I didn't realize Ozzy only had 2 friends. :lol:

But seriously, that is a pretty awesome setlist.

There are only three scheduled to be on the whole tour. The third is Slash, and he'll only appear when he's playing a festival on the same day as Ozz.

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't remember any of the press releases saying he would... where did you see that?

Now that I think about it, Graspop was the only news source to talk about a special Sabbath set... if I end up going to Lamb of God only to find out he did end up doing a special Sabbath set... :flame:

TonyD
05-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Call me when they play Diary of a Madman. Until then, no thank you.

Ay men

Dextrimental
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to this, hopefully with Slash in the ranks he tosses up the setlist a little bit more.

ravenheart
05-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Now that I think about it, Graspop was the only news source to talk about a special Sabbath set... if I end up going to Lamb of God only to find out he did end up doing a special Sabbath set... :flame:

Hey, wouldn't be the first time your expectations were wrong ;)

Sanitarium78
05-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Except that they won't be playing shitty 80s radio metal :tp:

I wouldn't be skipping him either... I just wouldn't make the effort to come early to get a good spot.

Ozzy is nowhere even close to being shitty 80s radio metal. Trust me, there was a lot worse stuff played on the radio back then that was considered metal that harmed the genre a lot more than anything Ozzy did. Yeah, Ozzy had a lot of hits but he how many of those songs back then can you really consider commercial radio metal?

The Ghost at Number One
05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Yes, most of the set is pretty standard but playing the best three songs off TUS makes the set a win for me:rocker:These aren't my favorite three songs off The Ultimate Sin (I'd take Secret Loser and Fool Like You in place of Killer of Giants and Shot in the Dark), but I think it's awesome that he's finally revisiting that album. It's about freakin' time.

sarsip
05-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Nothing from Diary...............

Onioner
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Nothing from Diary...............

He pretty much never plays anything from Diary. And when he does he plays Believer, which IMO is the worst song on that album. If I had my way he'd play Over the Mountain and the title track at every show he ever plays.

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Ozzy is nowhere even close to being shitty 80s radio metal. Trust me, there was a lot worse stuff played on the radio back then that was considered metal that harmed the genre a lot more than anything Ozzy did. Yeah, Ozzy had a lot of hits but he how many of those songs back then can you really consider commercial radio metal?

Bark at the Moon is seriously the only Ozzy song I'd ever be interested in hearing live. Everything he's done is so mediocre to me.

ravenheart
05-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Bark at the Moon is seriously the only Ozzy song I'd ever be interested in hearing live. Everything he's done is so mediocre to me.

I'm sure you're used to being wrong by now though.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm sure you're used to being wrong by now though.

With you around, definitely ;)

bennythedog
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I think Tonight of DOAM is very underrated!! The guitar solo at the end of that song is one of favorite Randy solos!!