PDA

View Full Version : Every Time I Die -- Moscow, Russia -- May 21st, 2012

brutal_descent
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Going to piss off a lot of people by this, but I don't think I can sum up the show in anything other than "one of the [five] best shows I have ever been to in my life." I don't see what I could possibly say; whoever reads this with an appreciation for ETID who has already seen them won't need a description of the brilliance that their live show is. Whoever reads this with a dislike for the band and/or their live show... well, this thread wasn't for you in the first place. If you like Every Time I Die, go see them; they're fun (but not silly fun), chaotic (but not scary chaotic), and flawless. I will say that I finally popped my stage-diving cherry at the show, and feel pretty fucking good about it. That said, I won't be stage-diving at any shows that aren't core/punk/thrash, but I definitely see why it's so fun now. After the show, I got a setlist from the stage; I also had the whole band sign my copy of Ex Lives, which is my second signed CD now after YOB's last album. Anyway, here's the set from ETID's first show in the Motherland:

Underwater Bimbos From Outer Space :rocker:
Holy Book of Dilemma
Wanderlust :rocker:
No Son of Mine :rocker:
After One Quarter of a Revolution :rocker:
I Suck (Blood)
The New Black
Floater :rocker:
Bored Stiff :rocker:
Kill the Music :rocker:
A Wild, Shameless Plain
Typical Miracle
Apocalypse Now and Then
We'rewolf :rocker: (got to sing a bit of the song into the mic)
The Marvelous Slut :rocker:
Ebolarama

Tourette's (Nirvana cover) :rocker:
I Been Gone a Long Time

jd091
05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
They're totally silly-fun I'd say. But maybe that's 'cause I saw them perform while only wearing speedos. :lol:

kalfitegrdan
05-23-2012, 06:08 PM
They're totally silly-fun I'd say. But maybe that's 'cause I saw them perform while only wearing speedos. :lol:

At GWAR?

I hate ETID, but they covered my favorite Nirvana song, so that's pretty cool.

larvtard
05-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I hate ETID

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Lazy_baby_eating.gif

jd091
05-24-2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Lazy_baby_eating.gif

:lol: I fuckin' love you, man

converge241
05-24-2012, 04:30 AM
Been Gone is such a good closer

mastodon421
05-24-2012, 05:27 AM
That set is so fucking good (Bored Stiff, Kill The Music, and Wanderlust :drool:, my only complaint is I wish they were playing better songs off Ex Lives (stoked to see I (Suck Blood) in there though). Glad you finally got to see them, they are a great live band. I'm highly considering going to Warped Tour primarily to see them, After the Burial, and Born of Osiris.

smearCampaign
05-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Awesome set. Fuck the haters. ETID slay live. I still spin Hot Damn! on a regular basis, such a good record.

dcmetal108
05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Such a great set. Their easily within my top 5 most wanted to see live acts.