PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Three songs on Reign in Blood

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NNiOa1lJqfA/To9WJhgETgI/AAAAAAAAAKs/4GMzf7LToA0/s1600/slayer_-_reign_in_blood.jpg

brutal_descent
05-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Damn it, I only voted for one.

Oh, well :hmm:

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 11:45 AM
This should be fun. Reign in blood is too awesome for a measly two song option, plus the songs are short enough for some of us picky listeners to choose three :D

mankvill
05-20-2012, 11:46 AM
guess what:

Angel of Death
Raining Blood

:cool:

John The Drummer
05-20-2012, 11:52 AM
This is hard.

First pick HAS to be "Epidemic"... DAT INTRO FILL!!!
Second pick was "Angel of Death", it's a classic, can't go wrong with that.
If I hadn't played "Criminally Insane" or "Raining Blood" live a million times, one of them would be my third, but I chose "Post Mortem", it's always been a good song to just listen to.

Bummed on the lack of Aggressive Perfector though, that has always been a great track, even though it is just a Bonus Track.

ravenheart
05-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Too difficult. Can't tell the different between most of the songs :dorky:

kalfitegrdan
05-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Altar of Sacrifice, Angel of Death and Jesus Saves with Necrophobic being possibly interchangeable with Jesus Saves. This was a tough one because this is by far my least favorite of Slayer's first five albums.

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Too difficult. Can't tell the different between most of the songs :dorky:

*sigh*
:tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp:

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Bummed on the lack of Aggressive Perfector though, that has always been a great track, even though it is just a Bonus Track.

To me...Agressive perfector will always be part of the Metal compilations/Haunting the Chapel era of Slayers career. I don't even get why they would re record this song for this albums release when the original is fine as it already is. Plus Toms high pitch girlie screams are way more epic on the 84' version of the release. :D

84' Haunting the Chapel Aggressive Perfector > 86' Reign in Blood Agressive Perfector :cool:

I would make a Haunting the Chapel Poll seeing as it is the Bands greatest work(IMO), but sadly 3-4 songs just won't cut it, plus i'll probably get shit for it. :D

JRA
05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
84' Haunting the Chapel Aggressive Perfector > 86' Reign in Blood Agressive Perfector :cool:

Yea. The early version has a bit more character to it.

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 02:34 PM
This was a tough one because this is by far my least favorite of Slayer's first five albums.

I'm thinking of pulling what JRA did with Metallica....So don't expect this to be the only Slayer poll on this board.

I'm thinking about doing World Painted Blood for the next poll ;)

kalfitegrdan
05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking of pulling what JRA did with Metallica....So don't expect this to be the only Slayer poll on this board.

I'm thinking about doing World Painted Blood for the next poll ;)

Sweet. And dammit. :finger: That's gonna probably be another tough one...

Do chronological order! I want some Show No Mercy up in this bitch.

Sepultura69
05-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Sweet. And dammit. :finger: That's gonna probably be another tough one...

Do chronological order! I want some Show No Mercy up in this bitch.

WE GONNA DO IT MY WAY OR THE HIGH WAY :stoned:

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, though I suggest you take it because it can work wonders for the mind body and SOUL :flame:

Dextrimental
05-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I only voted for one, oopsy.. Criminally Insane, Angel of Death and Post Mortem would taken the other 2 spots.

Indestructible
05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Angel Of Death, Criminally Insane and Raining Blood.

IrritatedTrout
05-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Angel Of Death, Criminally Insane and Raining Blood.

This.

Sanitarium78
05-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Angel Of Death, Postmortem and Raining Blood.

Not sure why we're allowed three songs on this album since most of them you can't tell the difference with, while other albums you created polls for which are vastly better only get two choices?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-20-2012, 06:53 PM
All of them.

I went with Angel of Death, Jesus Saves and the best Slayer song ever, Raining Blood.

mastodon421
05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Angel of Death, Raining Blood, and Jesus Saves.

John The Drummer
05-20-2012, 08:45 PM
To me...Agressive perfector will always be part of the Metal compilations/Haunting the Chapel era of Slayers career. I don't even get why they would re record this song for this albums release when the original is fine as it already is. Plus Toms high pitch girlie screams are way more epic on the 84' version of the release. :D

I would make a Haunting the Chapel Poll seeing as it is the Bands greatest work(IMO), but sadly 3-4 songs just won't cut it, plus i'll probably get shit for it. :D

I enjoy every version of that song, but yes, the old one definitely has more OOMPH to it. That bass diddle in the beginning is the shiznit.

Spiner202
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Angel of Death and Necrophobic are the two easy choices. The third one is a toss up between Altar of Sacrifice and Raining Blood, but I'll go with Altar because it has one of my favourite lines on the album: "Enter to the realm of Satan!"

DisposableJustice
05-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Postmortem and Raining Blood forever Slayer classics

I also choose Criminally Insane, a very underrated tune, love the ride intro:rocker:

Sepultura69
05-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Not sure why we're allowed three songs on this album since most of them you can't tell the difference with, while other albums you created polls for which are vastly better only get two choices?

Way to over exaggerate, buddy. This is the very first poll that I have made on this forum. I have never created a poll before other than this one. Nice job on the over exaggeration. :hmm:

Sanitarium78
05-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Way to over exaggerate, buddy. This is the very first poll that I have made on this forum. I have never created a poll before other than this one. Nice job on the over exaggeration. :hmm:

Whoops, my bad. Since JRA had been creating some polls around here recently I thought he did this one to. Sorry about the confusion.

elturtleboy
05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Alter,Raining, Necro.
That was hard. Whole album is perfect.

JRA
05-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Whoops, my bad. Since JRA had been creating some polls around here recently I thought he did this one to. Sorry about the confusion.

:lol:

Sepultura69
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Wow, people actually voted for reborn and Necrophobic. As much as i hate hearing the ol' "EVERY SONG SOUNDS THE SAME" bullshit I will admit that those two songs are the only songs that give me the Snoooozze every time i give the album a spin. Easily the two worst songs on the album :zzz:

But hey, to each his own.

My three favorite songs hands down..

Postmortem - Toms errie demonic chants and lyrics during the first two minutes just grabs you by the balls, and once you think the song is over, BOOM, then comes the last 50 seconds of the songs which is a huge change of pace, with Tom Belching out the lines "MY SINFUL GLARE AT NOTHING HOLDS THOUGHTS OF DEATH BEHIND!! SKELETONS IN MY MIND TEARING OUT MY SANITY"....Easily one slayers greatest songs...

Angel of Death - i still remember the first time I heard this song, it was one of the last seals to the envelope that made me the fan boy that i am today.

Epidemic - In all honesty, I just love this song because of toms voice, he sounds like an evil sinister fuck as he sprouts out the words

Unyielding kings of agony
Test your body chemistry
Pulmonary overthrow
Possession of your inner throne
Invasions quickly override, malicious domineering strike
Flood your veins commit slow death
Deteriorate your makers met

So fucking evil, I LOVE IT(No homoe):flame:

Anyways, I will eventually post up their other four best albums once enough votes have come in, and those FOUR BEST albums happen to be World painted blood, diablous in Musica, God Hates us All, and Undisputed attitude(cover album), EASILY THE BANDS GREATEST WORK. hell in what? South of who?... Seasons in where?, Show me the money? ;) :cool:

PowerMaiden
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
tough one, I'll have to think about it...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
tough one, I'll have to think about it...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

What?

No.

Fuck that, NOW :flame:

Powermaiden I thought you were listening to reign in blood back in the mid 80s when you were a young geezer, it shouldn't be too difficult to choose a favorite, after 25 years later. ;)

Spiner202
05-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Wow, people actually voted for reborn and Necrophobic. As much as i hate hearing the ol' "EVERY SONG SOUNDS THE SAME" bullshit I will admit that those two songs are the only songs that give me the Snoooozze every time i give the album a spin. Easily the two worst songs on the album :zzz:
How can you not love Necrophobic? That might be the single greatest Slayer song ever. It's only competition is Angel of Death, but I think I've probably listened to Necrophobic more. It's so fast :rocker:

Sepultura69
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
How can you not love Postmortem? That might be the single greatest Slayer song ever. :rocker:

I agree. :cool:

Natrlhi
05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Angel of Death, Postmortem and Raining Blood.

Altar of Sacrifice and Jesus Saves were damn close.

The whole album is awesome.

That is all.

PowerMaiden
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
What?

No.

Fuck that, NOW :flame:

Powermaiden I thought you were listening to reign in blood back in the mid 80s when you were a young geezer, it shouldn't be too difficult to choose a favorite, after 25 years later. ;)

yeah I was but most of the songs are equally good to me with the exception of Postmortem that is my favourite on the album.

But after thinking about it I'm going with the last 3 songs of the album

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Now that Powermaiden has put in his vote I think it's safe to start the next Poll soon.. :D

JRA
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
But after thinking about it I'm going with the last 3 songs of the album

I almost went that route.

OraclesofAgony
05-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Angel of Death, Altar of Sacrifice, Jesus Saves.

kalfitegrdan
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Angel of Death, Altar of Sacrifice, Jesus Saves.

:fist:

Same as mine.

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 09:30 AM
best Slayer song ever, Raining Blood.

Meh.

The best Slayer song ever created is Dead Skin Mask.

;)

El Gordo
05-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Angel of Death
Raining Blood

That's it.

JRA
05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Meh.

Please tell me you're kidding.

makethemsuffer12
05-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Because everyone knows it's Americon.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Meh.

That's not even the 4th best song on Seasons. :tongue:;)

ravenheart
05-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Never understood the hate for Dead Skin Mask.

But then, God Hates Us All is their best album anyway :finger:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Never understood the hate for Dead Skin Mask.

I don't hate it, just not high on my list.

Sepultura69
05-27-2012, 03:05 AM

Of course I am kidding! I have posted numerous times since i first joined this board that I hate dead skin mask! Many many times, it is not only one of their worst songs ever made, but it is also my "piss break" song for when I see them in concert, even though I don't usually take a piss break for Slayer, but if I ever had to go take a dump or a piss, and it was urgent, Dead Skin Mask would definitely by my choice. Hands down, I hate that fucking song. :hmm:

You know, when i have this ";)" posted all the way on the bottom, you should realize I was just being sarcastic. Atleast Ravenbird picked up on it :tongue:

JRA
05-27-2012, 07:57 AM
You know, when i have this ";)" posted all the way on the bottom, you should realize I was just being sarcastic. Atleast Ravenbird picked up on it :tongue:

I picked up on it, I just wanted to make sure.

ravenheart
05-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Except I wasn't kidding. Nat knows what's up.