PDA

View Full Version : Rock the Bells 2012

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Zf3Os.jpg

It's pretty good I guess but last year's line up was much better.

christopher
05-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Hologram Eazy E!!!!

stylesclash516
05-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Is that Prodigy as in The Prodigy?

Chris_M_S
05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Prodigy of Mobb Deep

mankvill
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
>Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, Tyga, E-40, Yelawolf
>good

pick one

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
>good

pick one

>Nas, Ice Cube, Method Man & Redman, Deltron 3030, Immortal Technique, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Prodigy, and Bone Thugs.
>bad

pick one

street_burial
05-15-2012, 11:30 PM
HOLY FUCK DELTRON 3030!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShatteredFlame
05-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Weakest lineup I've seen from this fest by far.

TheDeadPanda
05-16-2012, 01:10 AM
i know im fairly new here, but why is this posted? haha

NickLed19
05-16-2012, 02:40 AM
>good

pick one

Tyga and Wiz are good.

mastodon421
05-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Tyga and Wiz are good.

You're a funny guy. Easily the worst lineup they have ever had (Wiz, Tyga, J.Cole, Dipset, Kendrick Lamar, and Mac Miller seriously?), especially after last year's straight-up amazing lineup. Nas, Atmosphere, Method and Red, Slick Rick, Deltron 3000, Immortal Technique, Prodigy, and (to an extent) Kid Cudi would be cool though.

BloodoftheKings
05-16-2012, 05:10 AM
You're a funny guy. Easily the worst lineup they have ever had (Wiz, Tyga, J.Cole, Dipset, Kendrick Lamar, and Mac Miller seriously?), especially after last year's straight-up amazing lineup. Nas, Atmosphere, Method and Red, Slick Rick, Deltron 3000, Immortal Technique, Prodigy, and (to an extent) Kid Cudi would be cool though.

Kendrick Lamar isn't that bad.

Steev
05-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Sounds fun, but everything is that damn Labor Day weekend

mastodon421
05-16-2012, 07:17 AM

He's still pretty bad though, but not quite as bad some of the others listed (especially Tyga, Wiz, and Mac Miller)

natureboy
05-16-2012, 07:34 AM
How is Big Daddy Kane billed so low?

smearCampaign
05-16-2012, 09:02 AM

+1

larvtard
05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
i know im fairly new here, but why is this posted? haha

METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :rocker::rocker::rocker:

THRASH TIL DEATH

NickLed19
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM

Kendrick is really good.

300%_Density
05-16-2012, 08:52 PM
That's got enough old names on there I would no doubt go if it was close.

Sepultura69
05-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Weakest lineup I've seen from this fest by far.

This.

That's got enough old names on there I would no doubt go if it was close.

And this.

TonyD
05-21-2012, 12:16 PM
THIS ISN'T METAL
But I might actually go to this.

Edit: General admission lawn $100+ lolnothanks

ShatteredFlame
06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
"DMX, Eve, Jadakiss, Pusha T & Future Just Added to the All-Star Lineup

First Major Performance of Wu-Block Album Featuring Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, Jadakiss, Sheek Louch & Styles P

Previously Announced J Cole & 2 Chainz Added to New Jersey Market; Common Added to San Bernardino Market"

mastodon421
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
lol DMX and Eve. The only thing missing now is Ja Rule.

Sepultura69
06-04-2012, 10:01 AM

I just might skip out on this one. The bad out weighs the good, and honestly, i don't think any of those old school cats like Big Daddy Kane and slick rick will get no more than a 15 min setlist. Also, I gotta admit that I have been over spoiled by the past rock the bells. Lets a take a look shall we? Here a couple rock the bells that I have been fortunate enough to attend. And when you compare all these with the current line up.....the current line up is kind of dog shit when you look at all the other ones that I have attended....

Lets see......

Rock the Bells 2007:

Rage Against the Machine
Wu Tang Clan
Cypress Hill
Public Enemy
Black Starr(partial reunion)
Jedi Mind Tricks
Cage
The Roots
Nas
EPMD
MF DOOM

Rock the Bells 2008:

A Tribe Called Quest
Nas
Rakim
The Pharcyde REUNION
De La Soul
Ghost Face Killa and Raekwon
METHOD MAN and Red Man
Immortal Technique

Rock the Bells 2010: This is when they decided to do the "Album" trend and perform full classic albums from start to finish...

Snoop Dogg
with Warren G, Tha Dogg Pound, Lady of Rage and RBX PERFORMING SNOOPS CLASSIC DEBUT IN ITS ENTIRETY. DOGGY STYLE

A Tribe Called Quest PERFORMING THEIR CLASSIC ALBUM MIDNIGHT MARUADERS IN ITS ENTIRETY

Wu-Tang Clan PERFORMING 36 CHAMBERS IN IT'S ENTIRETY

Ms. Lauryn Hill

Rakim PERFORMING PAID IN FULL IN ITS ENTIRETY

KRS-One PERFORMING CRMINAL MINDED IN IT'S ENTIRETY

Slick Rick performing THE GREAT ADVENTURES OF SLICK RICK IN ITS ENTIRETY

DJ Premier doing a tribute to the all mighty GANG STARR, rest in peace guru.

ROCK THE BELLS 2011: Once again, following the tradition of album trends.

Raekwon the Chef and Ghost face Kill performing ONLY BUIT 4 CUBAN LINX in its entirety.

Nas perfomring illMATIC in it's entirety

Black Moon Performing Enta Da Stage in it's entirety. EASILY MY FAVORITE PART OF THE FEST. FUCKING EPIC

Cypress Hill performing BLACK SUNDAY in its entirety

Mobb Deep doing all of the INFAMOUSE from start to finish.

Souls of Mischief doing all of 93 till infinity, the entire fucking album!!

Lauryn Hill doing the miseduction of lauryn Hill

GZA performing his legendary record...LIQUID SWORDS. From start to finish, ahahha this was my 5th time seeing gza perform this album. He tend to do it a lot at his own small shows at little clubs and bars, but seeing it at a big hip hop festival was still just as epic, and gza still got it for a 40 something year old. Sounded tremendous live and probably the best out of the 5-6 times that i HAVE Seen him.

Masta Killa from WU Tang Clan doing a special solo set which consisted of nothing but classic Wu-tang tracks. He never does solo shows so to see him do this one off date was a sight to behold, and he is incredible live. He's like in his 40s but he sounds like he's fucking 21, oh my god THAT VOICE...

So yeah...

When you have been spoiled like me and have had the opportunity to attend these epic ass fests, seeing the current line up is kind of depressing..

Dmx, Ja Rule, Kid Kudi, Whiz kalifa, Lupe Fiasco, 2 chains, Schoolboy Q, Kendrick Lamar. And many more to be announced.....Gross, no thank you..

I think I will officially be sitting out rock the bells this year. It was a fun ride while it lasted but it goes downhill from here, my friends...

ShatteredFlame
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
I've known about it since 2009 and always wanted to go but 1. 2009 show was at Jones Beach so it was ridiculously over priced 2. 2010 show was probably the most legendary in my opinion but my friends had no money 3. 2011 show started like the weekend I moved into college so at the time I had no idea how to travel from CT and NY through public transportation.

This year I could get to NJ but I do not even want to with this lineup. Rock the Bells was always something awesome to discuss among true fans of hip-hop, now I wouldn't doubt that I'm going to see countless facebook posts about Wiz, Kid Cudi, Kendrick, Mac Miller etc. fans which is only going to remind me how much of a downfall this lineup is compared to the previous years. The only act I would go out of my way to see this year is Deltron 3030 and that is pretty much the only thing good about this lineup because with them playing live it seems like the rumor that their 2nd album coming out this year actually seems possible which is pretty exciting :party:.

Sepultura69
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
The only act I would go out of my way to see this year is Deltron 3030 and that is pretty much the only thing good about this lineup because with them playing live it seems like the rumor that their 2nd album coming out this year actually seems possible which is pretty exciting :party:.

That would rock, a 2nd deltron album is way overdue. I remember being blown away by the first release. It is amongst one of the best concept albums ever made, and easily one of the best hip hop albums ever. I think dan the automator is a very underrated producer who doesn't get much love. He produced the entire deletion 3030 album, he produced the entire Dr. Octogancolgolgyst by Kool Keith, and not many people know this but..

He also produced a good portion of the Gorillaz debut album. I'm pretty certain he did the entire album, i could be wrong, but he produced a large portion of that classic record.

And I agree, I would be down to go to this fest, but enduring half those rappers is not good enough for me get a ticket. Like I said. The BAD out weighs the GOOD. It's funny if you think about? Whiz Kalifa was one of the opening acts at rock the bells 2010 on the 2nd stage, now he is one of the main headliners on the MAIN stage for this year. What is this world coming to.....

300%_Density
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
What is this world coming to.....

Shitty. Safe. Over polished hip hop. If that answers your question.

ShatteredFlame
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Well it seems like I completely jumped the gun with that rant there. According to the Rock the Bells site this is the NJ lineup:

http://gu-images.com/rockthebells/fliers/acts_nj.jpg
A few horrible acts here and there but most of the acts I despise are not present. Depending on how much the 1 day ticket is I just might go.

Way better than the two CA dates :lol:
San Bernardino date:
http://gu-images.com/rockthebells/fliers/acts_sb.jpg

Mountain View date:
http://gu-images.com/rockthebells/fliers/acts_mv.jpg

xskizzelzx90x
06-05-2012, 12:35 AM

ITS MURRRRRRDERRRRRR.

NickLed19
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
2 Chainz son

ShatteredFlame
06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Additions

Holmdel NJ:
Big Sean
Curren$y
MOP
Sean Price
Action Bronson :party:

San Bernardino CA:
Curren$y
Sean Price

mastodon421
06-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Sean Price is a solid addition and lol at Big Sean NOW MAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKER HAMMER TIME.

Sepultura69
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Damn, now that they have both line ups separated and announced for both days I really wanna go now. The good outweighs the bad. Saturday august 18th has a pretty lame line up but my god, the 19th is EPIC!

Saturday August 19th has

Dj Quick
Deltron 3030 performing all of 3030
Ice Cube
Nas
Bone Thugz performing all of East 99 in its entirety
Atmosphere
Red man
Das EFX
EPMD
Big Daddy Kane.

My god i would totally hit this up, but there is one problem.....

They are only selling one ticket, and its for both days, and they are a wooping

two hundred dollars!?!!!?!

You fucking kidding me!?!? What about the people that have a life, got work and don't have time to be there for two straight days?!?! Plus, the first days line up is just atrocious! If only they were selling two separate tickets instead of one single two day passes for 200 bucks. Pretty fucking lame if you ask me....

Damn, i guess rock the bells has gotten pretty mainstream. TWO day fests overcharging people just cause it is filled with shitty mainstream artists and upcoming rising douchers. 200 bucks, fuck that shit...

I remember when I got my ticket for Rock the Bells 2007 for a measly 65 bucks, and that included the fees and everything, not only that, but this was back when it was FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. For the 2007 line up our show was just one GA 60 dollar ticket and they were only selling tickets for one price. Not lodge seat tickets, no lawn seat tickets, none of that bullshit...it was just one price, and it was first come first serve...meaning...those who showed up late would have to stay in the back where the lawn is, and those SUCH AS MYSELF, who showed up as early as nine in the morning got to be in the front of the very front of the show.. Oh yeah and the line up was 1000000000 x better than this. Our line up for 2007 was

Rage Against the Machine
Wu Tang Clan
Cypress Hill
Public Enemy
EPMD
Nas
The Roots
Jedi Mind Tricks, and MANY MORE...but that alone was worth the 65 dollars General admission ticket...

I would go this year in a heartbeat, but the fact that they are only selling them as a single two day pass ticket for two hundred bucks? No thank you. Sucks too, cause i would love to see Deltron 3030... :(

street_burial
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Deltron 3030 performing all of 3030

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sepultura69
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Honestly, i have seen all of these artists, but the biggest reason I would have wanted to go to this was to see Del perform Deltron 3030 in it's entirety, what makes it even more epic is that Dan The Automator(who produced the entire album) is going to be there as well as Dels DJ!