PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ward Officially A No Go For Sabbath

300%_Density
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
BLACK SABBATH drummer Bill Ward has released the following statement:

"Dear SABBATH fans and fellow musicians,

"I sincerely regret to inform you that after a final effort to participate in the upcoming SABBATH shows, a failure to agree has continued. At this time I have to inform you that I won't be playing with BLACK SABBATH at the Birmingham gig dated May 19th, 2012, nor will I be playing at [U.K.'s] Download [festival] on June 10th, 2012. Further, I will not be playing at Lollapalooza [festival] on August 3, 2012.

"It is with a very sad heart that I bring you this news. I am sincerely passionate in my desire to play with the band, and I'm very, very sorry that it's fallen to this. This statement is even more painstaking to write, as I was particularly excited to play alongside Tony Iommi after the recent treatments he underwent. I wanted that to become a reality.

"To express my thoughts about you, the SABBATH fans, I'm going to speak to you all through an experience my brother James had recently. My brother Jimmy lives in the U.K. When speaking with him a couple of days ago, he told me that an acquaintance had stopped him on the street and confronted him, 'Is your brother playing Birmingham? What's going on? I waited in line with my son and paid X amount for the concert tickets.'

"The man's son is a young drummer. He's going to see SABBATH, and he wants to see Bill Ward play drums.

"Upon hearing this news, I felt horrible. I couldn't help feeling some resentment towards the failure to reach an agreement, the failure to remember where we came from, the failure to be as brothers, as we once were.

"To be clear, I'm not blaming the other guys or finding any faults with them. I would think it can't be easy for them either, but this situation is just really sad. It's sad that it's come to this. 'This' will surely leave a mark and be unwelcome to the memory. Hopefully 'this' will heal and pass in time.

"My heart sank when Jimmy told me about this young boy. I know this boy is going to be disappointed, and I don't know how to amend it, other than to put my arms around the boy and tell him I love him.

"SABBATH fans have a voice and a face. To me you're human, you have families and despair. You have ferocity and emotions and graciousness, and at this moment, as far as I'm concerned, you are also that young boy in England. I don't know how to amend my part in these failings other than to put my arms around you and say I love you and let you know I'm very, very sorry.

"Throughout this process, which began over a year ago, I have had to stand up for myself time and time again. I have had to stand up for myself and in doing so realize my actions indirectly, although unintentionally, are upsetting and hurting a lot of you. I know in my heart I couldn't have done these concerts by agreeing the terms suggested. I made a solemn vow after the last European and Ozzfest concerts that I would never again enter into what was, in my opinion, a totally unsatisfactory contract. I have to stand for something, and as painful as it is, I'm doing it.

"Earlier in April 2012, I'd been asked to participate 'minimally' in the Download festival. I believe I'd been offered no more than three songs to play while another drummer presumably played the rest of the show with BLACK SABBATH. I was not willing to participate in that offer. I was not prepared to watch another drummer play a SABBATH set, while I was to play only three songs.

"I found out about the Birmingham gig on Monday, April 30 through the Internet ad. I was taken aback somewhat by the date, and the fact it was Birmingham. Knowing the 'signable' contract negotiations were at best in shreds, I was upset by the idea that the band was going to play Birmingham and play it assumedly without me. I had no prior knowledge of the date and location, and I felt totally excluded. We contacted the representative for BLACK SABBATH to see if something could be worked out. In the meantime, my drum crew and I, along with our U.S. endorsers, finished all the necessary planning for a swift departure to the U.K. There wasn't a whole lot to complete; we'd all been on standby more or less since mid-January 2012. The remaining work in the U.K. was confirmed done by our European and U.K. endorsers and we were good to go by Friday, May 4 2012. There were two stress points: firstly, getting an agreement in place, and secondly, getting to England in a timely manner. Jetlag time was taken into account as well as drum practice, a drum practice room in the heart of Birmingham, accommodation, and travel arrangements were all in place to meet with any band rehearsals that may have transpired before the Birmingham show. So far everything that had been arranged was on my dime, but we didn't move ahead without a realistic confirmation.

"Communications between the representative and my lawyer continued through the weekend of May 5, finalizing on Wednesday, May 9. The offer we received on May 9 was, 'Come to the U.K., play for free and see how the first show goes.' I was tempted. Playing for free would not have been a problem for me, but 'seeing how the first show goes' left an element of risk which could have affected Download. My ideal thought was to play in full the Birmingham show, in full Download, and in full Lollapalooza.

"I had notified the representative that May 10 was my cutoff day in order to have good lead-in time for England. On the night of May 9, I asked for a brief letter to be sent to the representative asking to find out if we were at an end. On the morning of Thursday, May 10, I received a reply in the affirmative. After consulting with my advisors and crew, a decision was made to let go and stop.

"I can't prioritize the SABBATH fans making one show more important than the other. I can't do that. All of you are important. It's all the gigs or none at all. I can't come to Birmingham and 'see what happens' knowing there is a risk of not being able to play Download or Lollapalooza. Again, for me, it's all or nothing. I had to say 'no' to Birmingham on the principle of wanting to play all the shows.

"Saying no to Birmingham is very difficult for me. My family grew up in Birmingham. BLACK SABBATH grew up in Birmingham. It's still my hometown and I resent having to arrive at such a difficult choice.

"Although the statement was made that 'the door is always open' for me, as explained above, walking through that door is not always as easy as it sounds. There are many complicated issues and unseen and unspoken agendas on hand. I can assure you, my criteria for a 'signable' contract is based in mindful principles, respectability, and acknowledgement of my history within the band.

"I hold no malice or resentment towards the other band members. I love them; I'm tolerant of them; I'm frustrated with them, as they may be with me. My fight has never been with them. I'll love them forever. In my opinion, nobody wins this time; the band doesn't win; the fans for an original lineup don't win. Nobody wins, nobody. Even the ones who thought they did.

"I didn't want to make this decision, but I have to be honest and transparent. This is the statement I didn't want to write; it's the last thing I wanted to do. But, I have written it, and now it can go into the universe.

"Since spring of 2011, I've waited patiently and hopefully for a signable contract, you know the rest. I stand for the boy in the U.K., for the coming drum student, for all the drummers, who write their parts out and get stiffed on the publishing, I stand with the SABBATH fans chanting 'Bill Ward' and asking 'why?' and I stand with Tony and Geezer and Ozzy.

"On a final note, even though I'm at an end with the upcoming announced concerts, I will remain with an open mind and a position of willingness to negotiate 'signable' terms with SABBATH's representatives in the future.

"Stay strong. Stay safe.

"With all my heart and strength, I love you, Bill Ward.

mankvill
05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
to put my arms around the boy and tell him I love him.

:eyes:

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Beyond caring.

300%_Density
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
:eyes:

That one did border on awkward.

christopher
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Damn, that sucks they were only going to let him do three songs at Download. I wouldn't want to watch another person having fun on stage if I were him. Poor Bill.

TonyD
05-15-2012, 01:45 PM
That's a bummer man.

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
So, odds on Tommy Clufetos?

IrritatedTrout
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Fucking sucks.

Sanitarium78
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Um, were we expected to read that whole damn thing? Just get to the fuckin point Bill. Considering they're not playing anywhere even remotely close to me, I couldn't care less he won't be with them.

marker
05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
So, odds on Tommy Clufetos?

I'll go with Vinnie Appice.

Steev
05-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I'll go with Vinnie Appice.

It would make a little more sense, but no it'll be Tommy Cluefetos

basically things will go ahead as "Ozzy and Friends" except at 2 or 3 show Tony Iommi will be playing

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh well. :hmm:

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
It would make a little more sense, but no it'll be Tommy Cluefetos

basically things will go ahead as "Ozzy and Friends" except at 2 or 3 show Tony Iommi will be playing

Tommy was rumored to be rehearsing with Sabbath earlier this month.

christopher
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Tommy was rumored to be rehearsing with Sabbath earlier this month.

I'm sure he was. Especially since he's suppose to play with Sabbath twice in the next month.

DisposableJustice
05-15-2012, 10:54 PM
TLDNR:eyes:

christopher
05-15-2012, 11:04 PM
TLDNR:eyes:

what?

adamclark52
05-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Why is this news? Didn't he only play the first leg of Sabbaths first reunion in 1999 then get replaced by Mike Bordin of Faith No More for any other shows they did since then as Black Sabbath?

ravenheart
05-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Why is this news? Didn't he only play the first leg of Sabbaths first reunion in 1999 then get replaced by Mike Bordin of Faith No More for any other shows they did since then as Black Sabbath?

It's news because when the reunion was announced, Bill Ward was in. Since then there have been ongoing negotiations over his contract, which concluded last week.

ravenheart
05-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Um, were we expected to read that whole damn thing? Just get to the fuckin point Bill. Considering they're not playing anywhere even remotely close to me, I couldn't care less he won't be with them.

I'm seeing them, and I couldn't care less.

That said, Clufetos playing is a nightmare. He is simply incapable of playing the songs properly.

kalfitegrdan
05-16-2012, 02:11 AM
At least this makes my decision on whether to pay 95 dollars before service fees for a Lollapalooza ticket a hell of a lot easier. :lol:

ravenheart
05-16-2012, 02:58 AM
At least this makes my decision on whether to pay 95 dollars before service fees for a Lollapalooza ticket a hell of a lot easier. :lol:

It makes any difference at all?

MetalIsArt
05-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Just stop the reunion folks. And I'm starting to think that there will never be a new album.

ravenheart
05-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Just stop the reunion folks. And I'm starting to think that there will never be a new album.

Nah, just carry on. Bill's really not THAT important.

daimonos
05-16-2012, 08:48 AM

There actually were no service fees on Lollapalooza tickets, but they're sold out now anyways. The cheapest I could find a single day pass for Friday being sold for online was $170. So it doesn't look like I'll be going either :(

natureboy
05-16-2012, 09:12 AM
There actually were no service fees on Lollapalooza tickets, but they're sold out now anyways. The cheapest I could find a single day pass for Friday being sold for online was $170. So it doesn't look like I'll be going either :(

I have a single day for Friday. I will sell you mine for face.

MetalIsArt
05-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Well, they shouldn't have announced it as it was some kind of second coming of Christ, I mean: everyone was so excited.

But here comes Pink Floyd with Money again... ;)

DisposableJustice
05-16-2012, 10:56 AM
what?

Too Long Did Not Read;)

TonyD
05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I have a single day for Friday. I will sell you mine for face.
So you have an extra or are you going and not seeing Sabbath? :lol:
I hope not

Uh, no.

ravenheart
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, they shouldn't have announced it as it was some kind of second coming of Christ, I mean: everyone was so excited.

But here comes Pink Floyd with Money again... ;)

What they shouldn't have done is say it's all four of them when at least one of them hadn't actually signed the contracts yet. That was silly of everyone, including Bill.

Nevertheless, it's not really going to matter one way or the other.

Most of the people saying they shouldn't have done this, or they shouldn't have done that, or now it sucks etc. would still go and see them if they had the chance. They just can't, so bitching about it feels justified.

To be honest, I don't think this show on Saturday is going to be mind-blowing, but I probably won't ever see them again, especially not in a 3,000 capacity venue, so it's worth it. Most of you all would do the same if they came to your town.

I'll be happy if they bust out just one new song.

bennythedog
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Bill's no less important than Tony or Geezer. That being said, how much more money does Sharon need?

gilpdawg
05-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Bill has played all shows billed as Black Sabbath since 1999. Bordin played the 1997 shows.

ravenheart
05-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Non-statement from the band: "We have decided not to make any detailed comment on Bill's latest statement. There are two sides to every story. We have been working hard at rehearsals making excellent progress after Tony's treatments and we have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows. See you at Download."

MetalIsArt
05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Non-statement from the band: "We have decided not to make any detailed comment on Bill's latest statement. There are two sides to every story. We have been working hard at rehearsals making excellent progress after Tony's treatments and we have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows. See you at Download."

There are two sides to every story. ;):D

anomynous
05-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Saw this gem in the "history" section of the Black Sabbath website:

“In my opinion, there’s only ever been one Black Sabbath, and that’s Iommi, Osbourne, Butler and Ward,” Osbourne told Goldmine. “And the beauty of Sabbath is that we’re all still alive.”

Fates Guardian
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla ... mID=174182

Bill Ward's been cropped from the band photos on Black Sabbath's website. Way to go, guys. That showed him.

TonyD
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Saw this gem in the "history" section of the Black Sabbath website:

I remember hearing that before any of this happened, that's what really got me in the first place.

treghet
05-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Bill Ward's been cropped from the band photos on Black Sabbath's website. Way to go, guys. That showed him.

Working link to the article: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174182

Fates Guardian
05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh shit, didn't even realize I posted a messed-up link. Thanks!

MetalIsArt
05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
This is beyond pathetic, and no mention of the albums made without Ozzy, just a very small reference.

Stop this bs right now.

ravenheart
05-19-2012, 01:36 AM

That must have taken quite a while...

MetalIsArt
05-19-2012, 01:50 AM
That must have taken quite a while...

Yeah. Probably done by Jack Osbourne.

makethemsuffer12
05-19-2012, 06:17 AM
"I feel sad to see the Sabbath reunion becoming a bit of a soap opera on the internet. It has been a very tough year for us as a band, having announced our reunion plans, only for Tony to be diagnosed with lymphoma, leaving us no choice but to postpone the proposed Sabbath tour, and then for Bill to go public on his site about an un-signable contract. None of us knew how Tony was going to respond to his intensive chemo therapy, and radiotherapy. Ozzy and myself flew to England to be with Tony, and on his “good” days, we’d meet at his home studio and put ideas together for the upcoming album, all sitting down together, no drummer involved, just 3 of us quietly putting together ideas. We thought that when we had enough songs together for a full band rehearsal, we’d move back to L.A and put the whole thing together with Bill. Unfortunately, to our surprise, Bill issued a statement on his site saying he’d been offered an un-signable contract. He hadn’t told any one of us he was having contractual problems, and frankly those things are worked out between our representatives, and never between the four of us let alone in public. We had the idea of keeping just one show in this year, hoping that Tony would be well enough for that show, and that things with Bill would be sorted. As you may expect, a one off show at Donnington Festival (Download) costs an absolute fortune to stage, involving over 50 people, transport, air fares, hotels, meals, agents, promotors, accountants, lawyers etc, so none of us, expected to make much money from it- it was a one off Sabbath show for the fans, before we go into recording the new album. Apparently, this wasn’t acceptable to Bill’s representatives, they wanted an amount that was so unrealistic that it seemed to have been a joke. So we resigned ourselves to doing Download without Bill, hoping he’d change his mind and at least make a guest appearance. We started rehearsals a few weeks ago with Tommy Cluefetos, the drummer who will be on the Ozzy and Friends Tour. Brilliant drummer and good bloke. It was decided we’d better do a warm up show, to break the ice since we haven’t played together live. The O2 Academy was available in Birmingham, where we were rehearsing, so we decided on that, and to make a donation to Help For Heroes Charity, since we’d be ironing out any glitches we may have. Then Bill put out a further statement saying he’d been ready to play the Birmingham show , but he was expected to have to do it “for free”- well, I think that’s basically how you raise money from gigs for charity – you play them “for free”.

All I am saying is that there are two sides to everything. I do hope to play with Bill again some day. For whatever reason; it wasn’t meant to be this time. Bill’s made his decision, and I have to respect that. Hopefully this painful year will be worth the wait for the new Sabbath album and end in joy and happiness for all.

Stay frosty,
Geezer"

From Geezer's FB.

MetalIsArt
05-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Yes, but still: those pics without him & ignoring the albums without Ozzy smells like one thing: $haron wants it to be like this.

I still think Bill is "wrong about it all" too, but it's a bit obvious. And no, I don't think there will be a new Sabbath album.

ravenheart
05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Let's not forget Bill bailed out on H&H too. No Sharon involved there.

Anyway, I'm in Birmingham now. Passed the venue about 45 minutes ago and people are already queuing. It's now 2 hours to door time.

makethemsuffer12
05-19-2012, 07:41 AM

True, (H&H made more sense with Vinnie, anyway) but if Ozzy's involved, Sharon is involved. Whether or not she had something to do with Bill getting a shit contract is unknown.

MetalIsArt
05-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Anyway, I'm in Birmingham now. Passed the venue about 45 minutes ago and people are already queuing. It's now 2 hours to door time.

Because he was never the Dio fan, it's the reason he left mid tour in 1980 too.

ravenheart
05-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Because he was never the Dio fan, it's the reason he left mid tour in 1980 too.

Yet still agreed to do it, then quit. Coincidence? I don't think so.

daimonos
05-19-2012, 09:21 AM
True, (H&H made more sense with Vinnie, anyway) but if Ozzy's involved, Sharon is involved. Whether or not she had something to do with Bill getting a shit contract is unknown.

What you (and everyone else on the internet) fail to understand is that Sharon doesn't manage Sabbath. She manages Ozzy. Sharon doesn't call the shots when it comes to Black Sabbath. Sabbath has their own representatives/management/lawyers who deal with this stuff. For once, Sharon isn't to blame...

Fates Guardian
05-19-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.blacksabbath.com/discography.html

Notice anything missing there? Maybe a few things?

daimonos
05-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Past Lives?

JRA
05-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Meh.

Helmed by guitarist Iommi, Black Sabbath persevered through a succession of lineup changes that sometimes did and sometimes didn’t include Butler and Ward. Several of Black Sabbath’s post-Osbourne albums - especially Heaven and Hell (1980), Mob Rules (1981) and Headless Cross (1989) - are highly regarded by hardcore fans. But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested.

Fates Guardian
05-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Right, because they're playing with the classic lineup now. :tp:

It's not a matter of what could be bested or not, anyway. It's a matter of preserving their entire discography, about half of which they've just deleted for no good reason.

DementedX14
05-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I wondering if Mike Portnoy is the substitute drummer. :D

MPF
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I wondering if Mike Portnoy is the substitute drummer. :D

I Was wondering that too. He said he would never do it because Black Sabbath isn't Black Sabbath without Bill.

Sanitarium78
05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I Was wondering that too. He said he would never do it because Black Sabbath isn't Black Sabbath without Bill.

Like the same way Dream Theater isn't Dream Theater without him:lol:

At least if he became Sabbath's drummer and possibly did a full tour with them it would give him something to do that I would give a shit about. Plus, he could really do justice to a lot of the stuff Bill did back then.

PowerMaiden
05-19-2012, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't go see them without Bill, maybe it's just me but this doesn't feel right, whoever is responsible for it doesn't realy matter for me. Work it out and then we have something going

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

300%_Density
05-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Hmmm... http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174228

Original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ozzy Osbourne (vocals) and Geezer Butler (bass) have released the following statement:

"At the request of [original BLACK SABBATH drummer] Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current BLACK SABBATH lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the BlackSabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows."

ravenheart
05-20-2012, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't go see them without Bill, maybe it's just me but this doesn't feel right, whoever is responsible for it doesn't realy matter for me. Work it out and then we have something going

Everyone who can't go to one of the three shows anyway is saying this.

So far haven't spoken to anyone intending to go to one of the shows who is now not because of Bill. Only people who were never going in the first place.

Coincidence?

JRA
05-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174228

Original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ozzy Osbourne (vocals) and Geezer Butler (bass) have released the following statement:

"At the request of [original BLACK SABBATH drummer] Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current BLACK SABBATH lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the BlackSabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows."

Yet it's ok for his picture to be up using photographs for the history section?

Bill, you are kind of an idiot.

kalfitegrdan
05-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Everyone who can't go to one of the three shows anyway is saying this.

So far haven't spoken to anyone intending to go to one of the shows who is now not because of Bill. Only people who were never going in the first place.

Coincidence?

I was intending on going. I'm not going now because of the lack of Bill, but also because of the exorbitant ticket prices for Lollapalooza.

MetalIsArt
05-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Meh.

Helmed by guitarist Iommi, Black Sabbath persevered through a succession of lineup changes that sometimes did and sometimes didn’t include Butler and Ward. Several of Black Sabbath’s post-Osbourne albums - especially Heaven and Hell (1980), Mob Rules (1981) and Headless Cross (1989) - are highly regarded by hardcore fans. But when all was said and done, the classic lineup could not be bested.

The classic lineup made amazing albums, DUH, but not all of them are equally great.

And no matter how good the concert was, this isn't the classic reunion. BTW, if you like it or not: many albums have been released under the Sabbath moniker without Ozzy, so they should've been on the site. Geezer played on some of them too, and Bill was on Born Again.

ravenheart
05-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Geezer played on some of them too, and Bill was on Born Again.

He was on Heaven & Hell too.

ravenheart
05-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I was intending on going. I'm not going now because of the lack of Bill, but also because of the exorbitant ticket prices for Lollapalooza.

The latter is far more important than the former, and I guarantee no matter how much you argue to the contrary, it's the main reason. Although, the price wouldn't be that bad if you were going for loads of the bands. But yeah, for one band a festival ticket price is never worth it.

ravenheart
05-21-2012, 01:36 AM
More from Bill:

"Dear Sabbath fans and musicians,

I have read Geezer’s statement of May 19 titled Heavy Heart. Out of respect for the Birmingham gig, I wanted to wait 24 hours before releasing this statement. There are some points he brought up which I want to respond to.

1) I had indeed notified Ozzy, Tony and Geezer, well before my first public statement, that I was having contractual difficulties.

2) I came out into a public forum to be accountable to the fans primarily, and to say at a public level there’s a problem. The band members stopped talking and corresponding with me some time ago, with the exception of a nice letter from Tony on my birthday. Prior to that, Geezer and I were corresponding, but that stopped abruptly in late February after I emailed a specific question to him.

3) In my statement of May 15, I clearly stated I would play Birmingham for free. That was not a problem – charity or otherwise.

4) My Download fee was not an extravagant amount. Originally, when Download was part of a full tour, I had asked for a decent fee. More recently, as we were negotiating just Download/Birmingham and Lollapalooza, I told my attorney that I would accept the proposed small Download fee, but there were other parts of the offer that were unsatisfactory.

I will continue to be honest and respectful towards the band and our fans. I will also confront any untruths about me, and any fault finding missions aimed at me that come to my attention.

I hope the band and the fans had a good gig in Brum."

kalfitegrdan
05-21-2012, 01:41 AM
The latter is far more important than the former, and I guarantee no matter how much you argue to the contrary, it's the main reason. Although, the price wouldn't be that bad if you were going for loads of the bands. But yeah, for one band a festival ticket price is never worth it.

It is mostly the price, not gonna argue that, but Bill not being there pushed me from leaning towards going to definitely not.

MetalIsArt
05-21-2012, 02:32 AM
He was on Heaven & Hell too.

I know, but you get my point.

ravenheart
05-21-2012, 05:27 AM
It is mostly the price, not gonna argue that, but Bill not being there pushed me from leaning towards going to definitely not.

Maybe you should give Bill the money you were going to spend on the ticket. He clearly needs some financial aid ;)

kalfitegrdan
05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Maybe you should give Bill the money you were going to spend on the ticket. He clearly needs some financial aid ;)

:lol:

TonyD
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
I just realized... who the hell is gonna sing Swinging the Chain?