PDA

View Full Version : Metal Setlists MDF Meet Up!

GarageMetal468
05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
So this is the thread where we'll organize the massive meet up of people on here at Maryland Deathfest! From what I know (PLEASE tell me if you're going and I forgot to put your name on this) here are the people going.

GarageMetal468
VoidFlame
masterguy49
larvtard
xa123
RAZOR (last 2 days)
illuminatus917 (Only Thursday and Sunday)
idrinkwine732
John The Drummer
daimonos
schwenger
Blackened12
Fates Guardian
girnny777

I'm assuming that all of you (except RAZOR) are going for all 4 days. Please list any suggestions to where we would meet up and what time, as well as what day. Or if you just happen to run into me, say hi! I'll be wearing my patch vest there with a big Atheist - Piece of Time (http://www.cmdistro.com/images/xlarge/20099.jpg) back patch, with a big King Diamond Logo above it. I'll probably have a CamelBak on me as well.

So yeah, throw out suggestions and what we wanna do. I'll update this as we get more ideas.

mankvill
05-15-2012, 10:50 AM
hey guys, who's gonna meet up with me at chaos in tejas?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg

idrinkwine732
05-15-2012, 11:01 AM
I only know for certain that I'll be wearing a Cormorant - Metazoa shirt at some point during the fest. If anyone wants to make sure we meet up, just PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

daimonos
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
hey guys, who's gonna meet up with me at chaos in tejas?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg

Moobys!

John The Drummer
05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I only know for certain that I'll be wearing a Cormorant - Metazoa shirt at some point during the fest. If anyone wants to make sure we meet up, just PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

I think the idea of sharing cell phone numbers might be the most productive way. I won't have any internet access so I don't have a way to check in on here or whatever if any plans are changed/made.

If not, then I guess all of us will probably find each other one way or another, saying plans are not made prior. I'll be the dude in the black shirt with long hair and a beard. :lol:
...if that's too vague then I have a soulfly tat on my inner right arm, viking on my left upper arm, sword on the bottom of that arm, and I should have my Borknagar dragon and Thor's Hammer tattoos by then on my right upper arm.

illuminatus917
05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I'll only be at the festival on Thursday and Sunday. Got other plans for Fri/Sat.

RAZOR
05-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm really short so you guys might not be able to find me too well if we don't have a plan or whatever. :lol:

Blackened12
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
I'll be there all 4 days!

John The Drummer
05-15-2012, 08:12 PM
oh oh oh oh oh!!! I'll be the asshole yelling "PAAAAAAANTURRRRRRRUUUUUUUUHHH!!!!" during every band. It's a Seattle tradition :D

Fates Guardian
05-16-2012, 08:39 AM
I'll be there. If I do decide to wear my vest (which is doubtful because it's in a state of incompletion/disrepair), it has a big Fates Warning backpatch with a Blind Guardian one above it. Should be easy to spot, again, IF I wear it.

VoidFlame
05-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't have a vest, so let's organize a real meet up somewhere! :D

GarageMetal468
05-16-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't have a vest, so let's organize a real meet up somewhere! :D

Well, any suggestions? I was thinking the second day before the fest starts. The first band doesn't go on til 3 something, and I didn't plan on getting to the Sonar til 5 because Ghoul is on then. Would that work?

VoidFlame
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Well, any suggestions? I was thinking the second day before the fest starts. The first band doesn't go on til 3 something, and I didn't plan on getting to the Sonar til 5 because Ghoul is on then. Would that work?

Sure!

masterguy49
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm down whenever, wherever. Just give me the when and where bros.

RAZOR
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Or we can do something Saturday so I can meet all you guys too! :p

That's harder though because it starts earlier and there's bands all day.

GarageMetal468
05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Or we can do something Saturday so I can meet all you guys too! :p

That's harder though because it starts earlier and there's bands all day.

Yeah that's a tough one... I have a short break in between Dragged Into Sunlight and Black Witchery. I say it's up to whenever you're free.

But as for the Friday meet up, any preferred locations?

VoidFlame
05-16-2012, 01:10 PM
But as for the Friday meet up, any preferred locations?

It's going to be my first time in Baltimore, so I have no idea. Maybe near the hotels? I know the Days Inn (where I'll be staying) is right next to the Radisson.

John The Drummer
05-16-2012, 01:16 PM
It's going to be my first time in Baltimore, so I have no idea. Maybe near the hotels? I know the Days Inn (where I'll be staying) is right next to the Radisson.
I am in the same boat. Me and my buddy will be at the Radisson. So the idea of meeting near everyones hotel may be the best. There is a good amount of restaurants/bars in between the hotels and the venue, judging by Google Maps.

GarageMetal468
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I was thinking somewhere at/outside the Sonar because we all have different places we're staying at. I'll be at Home2 Suites, although I don't think anyone on here is gonna be there.

girnny777
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm going all 4 days and staying at the Radisson like all the cool dudes going.

mankvill
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Someone print out a picture of a Mankey and hold it up when you guys take a MS.com picture ;_;

John The Drummer
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll probably just Private Message everyone my number in a completely NON creeper way :lol:

treghet
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Someone print out a picture of a Mankey and hold it up when you guys take a MS.com picture ;_;

You had a choice... and you chose Chaos! :nonono:

daimonos
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
GarageMetal, if you still have my number just text me that weekend and I'll meet up with everyone. I don't know much about where anything is and I'll be with a group of people, so just let me know and I'll meet up!

RAZOR
05-21-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm planning on getting into Baltimore around 10-10:30 Saturday morning, so we could have a meetup then somewhere.

Or if not you guys can just PM me and we can exchange numbers and whatnot so we can meet up whenever!

mankvill
05-21-2012, 08:44 AM
there better be a human pyramid with noga at the top or i will be piiisssssseeeddd

daimonos
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
there better be a human pyramid with noga at the top or i will be piiisssssseeeddd

:lol:

GarageMetal468
05-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Alright how about this. Friday around 3:30 or 4, we meet up outside near the door to the inside of the Sonar. Also, just plan out what to wear that day so it's easier to spot everyone.

I'll make it easy and wear a blue Corrosion of Conformity shirt that day. Also keep an eye out for that Piece of Time back patch!

RAZOR, I'll PM you my number tomorrow and Saturday just let me know where you are and I'll point you to everyone on here. Chances are we'll have another meet up the next day, but this time we'll (hopefully) all know each other by then.

VoidFlame
05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Why can't we meet before 3:30? Castevet is a great band and I don't want to miss them. I'll be wearing an Amorphis The Karelian Isthmus shirt.

John The Drummer
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I *THINK* I messaged some of you guys my number, the second message to the rest of you all didn't seem to send properly (at least I don't think it did O__o)

I'll plan on wearing Camo Shorts and some sort of band no sleeve. Just look for my thor's hammer and viking tattoos on my arms....or just text me :D

RAZOR
05-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Hah! That would be awesome. :lol:

RAZOR, I'll PM you my number tomorrow and Saturday just let me know where you are and I'll point you to everyone on here. Chances are we'll have another meet up the next day, but this time we'll (hopefully) all know each other by then.

Sounds good! :D

GarageMetal468
05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Why can't we meet before 3:30? Castevet is a great band and I don't want to miss them. I'll be wearing an Amorphis The Karelian Isthmus shirt.

I will probably be getting food/hanging with people until Ghoul comes on. Never heard of Castevet and didn't bother checking them out, plus I basically have no breaks the rest of the day. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for that Amorphis shirt. If you see me, say you're from the forum or something. My name is Dan.

I *THINK* I messaged some of you guys my number, the second message to the rest of you all didn't seem to send properly (at least I don't think it did O__o)

I'll plan on wearing Camo Shorts and some sort of band no sleeve. Just look for my thor's hammer and viking tattoos on my arms....or just text me :D

I got your number and I'll text you around 4 or 4:30 if I don't find you before.

illuminatus917
05-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Also, just plan out what to wear that day so it's easier to spot everyone.

I'll be in a bright hawaiian shirt with brown cargo shorts and sandals sipping a Raspberry mojito.

masterguy49
05-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I'll be there all 4 days. If I'm wearing my battle jacket, I have a circuler/pentagram Slayer backpatch. I'll have a Warbringer, Suffocation, Bloodbath, and Bolt Thrower patch as well. Those are all I have, so it'll be pretty light on patches. Shirt wise I'm not sure yet, I'll check. I'll also have my Nasum cap I made on.

John The Drummer
05-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Last day of work for me then leaving tomorrow morning! Hope to meet you guys there. And I still remember that I owe a few of you drinks :D

GarageMetal468
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Last day of work for me then leaving tomorrow morning! Hope to meet you guys there. And I still remember that I owe a few of you drinks :D

Same here! Also, for those checking out the party bands, I'll be in my ketchup costume again since I couldn't find a mustard one.

masterguy49
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm getting there thursday at like 10 in the morning. If anyone wants to chill before the thursday shows start hit me up

street_burial
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
fuck every single one of you.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfznkYs6H1qamo4b.gif

brutal_descent
05-23-2012, 02:19 AM
fuck every single one of you.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfznkYs6H1qamo4b.gif

keep it in your pants brah

mastodon421
05-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Bummed I can't go, but I hope all of you have a great fucking time:rocker:

Blackened12
05-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there this weekend. Last year I went with a friend of mine and he can't go this year so I'll probably be soldiering this alone otherwise. :cool: By the way this might be a little late, but if any of you guys have a place that you're staying at in the city and don't mind I would be forever thankful if I could crash with you for the first few days. I REALLY don't feel like making 2 hour long commutes every day back home to and from Southern Maryland. I mean gas is cheap right now but not that cheap :lol:
I think I'll be wearing a black Iron Maiden Final Frontier tour shirt with the album artwork on the front and my name is Dan. Did we ever unanimously decide on a place/time to meet up beforehand tomorrow?

xa123
05-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Leaving tonight! Can't wait! I'll probably be wearing either a black Katharsis shirt or a white Repugnant shirt on thursday and friday. So if you see a guy with one of these shirts speaking french, come and say hi ;)

Sepultura69
05-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Bummed I can't go, but I hope all of you have a great fucking time:rocker:

This, all of this.

GarageMetal468
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there this weekend. Last year I went with a friend of mine and he can't go this year so I'll probably be soldiering this alone otherwise. :cool: By the way this might be a little late, but if any of you guys have a place that you're staying at in the city and don't mind I would be forever thankful if I could crash with you for the first few days. I REALLY don't feel like making 2 hour long commutes every day back home to and from Southern Maryland. I mean gas is cheap right now but not that cheap :lol:
I think I'll be wearing a black Iron Maiden Final Frontier tour shirt with the album artwork on the front and my name is Dan. Did we ever unanimously decide on a place/time to meet up beforehand tomorrow?

I dont think we really decided on a place. Its just find whoever and say hi.

Leaving tonight! Can't wait! I'll probably be wearing either a black Katharsis shirt or a white Repugnant shirt on thursday and friday. So if you see a guy with one of these shirts speaking french, come and say hi ;)
Got it. Also in the event Im not wearing my vest, here are the shirts I brought:
Thursday: Immolation, sleeves cut off
Friday: blue Corrosion of Conformity shirt
Saturday: Exhorder
Sunday: Ghoul

idrinkwine732
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I'll be most recognizable as wearing a Cormorant Metazoa shirt on Friday

christopher
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Can someone please post what Terrorizer songs that Nausea plays?

street_burial
05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Can someone post what merch Dying Fetus has with them?

mankvill
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Can someone post what merch Dying Fetus has with them?

If it's the same as on the Metalliance tour, they have some shirts, about 4 or 5, and all their Cd's and then vinyl for Descend Into Depravity.

masterguy49
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm not gonna be wearing my vest either, too incomplete and hot. I'll wear my Nasum cap. Thursday I'll be wearing my Eaten Back to Life shirt, friday I'll probably wear my Skeletontits shirt. Saturday I'll probably wear the Autopsy shirt I'm getting thursday. Sunday, I'm not sure. But I'm sure the Nasum hat will give me away, since I sewed it on. Regardless I have GarageMetal's number and John the Drummer's number. Anyone who wants to hang out just PM me or just say hi to me if you see me. I'm pretty short(5'7"ish) and brown :tongue: so it won't be too hard to miss me

street_burial
05-23-2012, 03:57 PM
If it's the same as on the Metalliance tour, they have some shirts, about 4 or 5, and all their Cd's and then vinyl for Descend Into Depravity.

did they have this? http://pad.indiemerch.com/i/5/d/5dc2244ea4/293.jpg

Fates Guardian
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Not bringing my vest, but here are the shirts I packed:

Blind Guardian - 'The Forgotten Tales'
Queensryche old logo
Nokturnal Mortum - 'The Voice of Steel'
Necrophobic - 'The Call'
Deceased, green shirt, no back print
Katatonia, tan 'Sounds of Decay' shirt

I'll probably bring my Negură Bunget 'VÓrstele PamÓntului' shirt too. Just look for a dark-haired, overweight, 5'10" white dude... I'm sure that narrows it down for all of you. =D

mankvill
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
did they have this? http://pad.indiemerch.com/i/5/d/5dc2244ea4/293.jpg

They did indeed :lol:

mankvill
05-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Nokturnal Mortum - 'The Voice of Steel'

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/I_590344_2201672.gif

RAZOR
05-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm just wearing plain tank tops, but my vest has an Electric Wizard (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3t5035WZ51qm24cwo1_500.jpg)backpatch with "Iron" above it and "Maiden" below it, so if you see me don't be afraid to say hello!

street_burial
05-23-2012, 09:01 PM
They did indeed :lol:

YES! :party::party:

idrinkwine732
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be hectic as shit. I gotta get up early and finish packing shit at like 7, get my new key for my new place, go to class, get back to my room at like 11:30 and have everything out by 12ish. Then I go to Baltimore at 5:05.

Only 14 more hours till I get going! If anyone wants to meet up, just give me a PM here, I'll still check it and stuff.

mastodon421
05-24-2012, 05:34 AM
I just have one request for all of you peeps for the weekend, if Morbid Angel plays any song besides "Nevermore" off of Illuid Divinuim Insanus, throw tomatoes and/or feces at them for me please:D;)

girnny777
05-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Today I'm rocking my red Obliteration - Nekropsalms shirt, and for the rest of the weekend I have packed:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
Master - 25th anniversary shirt
Kreator - Tour shirt
Napalm Death - Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Enslaved - old school logo

VoidFlame
05-24-2012, 06:35 AM
If anyones going to the show today, I will be the skinny french guy with semi-short hair and a High on Fire Blessed Black Wings shirt. Come and say hi :D

GarageMetal468
05-24-2012, 07:07 AM
We should really have a spot to meet up at...

How about this, like half an hour before Dying Fetus comes on, we meet outside the door to the Sonar?

masterguy49
05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
We should really have a spot to meet up at...

How about this, like half an hour before Dying Fetus comes on, we meet outside the door to the Sonar?
I'm down, I'll send you a text or something. Like I said, Eaten Back to Life shirt with a nasum hat. I'll also have red backpack.

girnny777
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll see if I can find you guys. Like I said, red Obliteration shirt, jeans.

VoidFlame
05-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Didnít see any of you guys yesterday.

Iíll be wearing my Amorphis The Karelian Isthmus shirt, an Augury hat and a Destruction patch on my jeans. Come talk to me :D

GarageMetal468
05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Blue Corrosion of Conformity shirt, ketchup costume during Ghoul. Don't be shy!

GarageMetal468
05-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Day 3! I'll be in an Exhorder - Slaughter In the Vatican shirt for anyone I haven't seen yet.

larvtard
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
I'll be wearing a whitish-gray Early Graves t-shirt and greenish-gray shorts if anyone wants to say hi. I'm skinny w/ short brown hair too. Think I'm gonna be in a banana suit for Haemmorhage.

RAZOR
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm walking around with probably the only guy with an Anvil t-shirt on, it says "METAL ON METAL" on the back, so if you see me say hello! ^^

girnny777
05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm walking around with probably the only guy with an Anvil t-shirt on, it says "METAL ON METAL" on the back, so if you see me say hello! ^^

Hahaha, were you on the rail for Anvil? If so I was literally right behind you.

girnny777
05-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Also I'm wearing a Judas Priest -Sad wings of Destiny shirt, with jeans and glasses, feel free to say hi!

RAZOR
05-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Hahaha, were you on the rail for Anvil? If so I was literally right behind you.

Haha yes I was! That's great. :lol: