PDA

View Full Version : Queen to perform with Freddie Mercury hologram

BloodoftheKings
05-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Rock icons Queen – who were due to play at Sonisphere 2012 with singer Adam Lambert before the festival was cancelled – have confirmed that a Freddie Mercury hologram will be making an appearance at a special Queen performance to mark ten years of Queen musical ‘We Will Rock You’.

“It’s a little unfortunate they did that thing with Tupac as we’ve been trying to make Freddie appear on the stage for quite a while,” guitarist Brian May told the BBC, before adding that Mercury’s hologram will not employ the same technology used to bring late rapper Tupac Shakur to life at Coachella in America last month.

May wouldn’t elaborate, but called the “effect” being used “an optical illusion of sorts.”

Meanwhile, we’ve also heard that the team behind the 2Pac hologram are interested in bringing a Kurt Cobain hologram to the stage. Interesting…

Source (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/queen-confirm-a-freddie-mercury-hologram-is-happening-yup-really/)

ugh...

ravenheart
05-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah, this is old news (here anyway). They're not doing it at their actual shows, so who cares? I'm only surprised that stupid musical hasn't had a holographic Freddie in it all along.

The Elvis thing is much worse than this.

treghet
05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Meanwhile, we’ve also heard that the team behind the 2Pac hologram are interested in bringing a Kurt Cobain hologram to the stage.

God, please no. :barf:

Dextrimental
05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah, this is very much all Bryan May, Roger Taylor has openly stated he wants nothing to do with it, hence it not being part of their shows.

dcmetal108
05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, this is very much all Bryan May, Roger Taylor has openly stated he wants nothing to do with it, hence it not being part of their shows.

When I was reading this i was thinking the same thing.

John The Drummer
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
ugh....

What's next? Hologram Euronymous???

MPF
05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
ugh....

What's next? Hologram Euronymous???

At the next Burzum show, he will kill him on stage.

John The Drummer
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
At the next Burzum show, he will kill him on stage.

:lol:

And then he will go to Hologram Jail and get Hologram Raped by Hologram Bubba.

rjturtle9
05-14-2012, 12:22 PM

And then he will go to Hologram Jail and get Hologram Raped by Hologram Bubba.

ravenheart
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Like I said, the Elvis thing is much worse.

stylesclash516
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Is it possible to make a hologram that shits on stage and throws it at an audience? Because I would love to see a GG Allin hologram.

kalfitegrdan
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Is it possible to make a hologram that shits on stage and throws it at an audience? Because I would love to see a GG Allin hologram.

And they're doing a hologram Elvis for real? Fuck, I hate people.

treghet
05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
At least there will be no hologram Chuck for the Death to All tour.

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 02:02 AM
And they're doing a hologram Elvis for real? Fuck, I hate people.

Oh yeah, it's a whole tour. His old band are playing live, with a hologram and his recorded vocals.

http://www.elvis.com/events/concert_tours.aspx

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 02:04 AM
At least there will be no hologram Chuck for the Death to All tour.

Maybe not on the first attempt... but if it's successful...

bennythedog
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Where is it that it says the Elvis thing is a hologram. I saw Elvis the tour a while ago and they were just giant screens with him singing on them. That being said if it was a hologram, it wouldn't much matter, it still would have been great.

People don't understand and completely underestimate the greatness of his backing band, particularly the rhythm section of Jerry Schef on bass and the unbelievable Ronnie Tutt on drums. It was an honor to see those guys perform and if it weren't for this tour, I would have never gotten the chance!