PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie -- Holmdel, NJ -- May 11th, 2012

TheWhisper88
05-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Got to the venue just as Lacuna Coil was ending so I do not have a setlist for them. Megadeth came on and sounded great. Dave sounded better than I've heard him in the past and the set was atleast slightly different than usual so that was a plus as well. I was finally able to hear Sweating Bullets! :party: During A Tout Le Monde, Christina from Lacuna Coil came out to sing the duet version with Dave.
Rob Zombie came on after a while and put on a good show. I am pretty sure I included everything in the setlist but I may have missed a song and I'm almost positive with the order but could be slighty wrong too. This was the first time I've seen him headline and it was quite entertaining. Plenty of pyro, effects, video screens, stuff walking around the stage, etc. The crowd was kinda lame, as it was an ampitheater and like nobody was getting into the music, and Rob kept ragging on everyone for it. During Thunderkiss, John 5 played a cool guitar solo and Rob walked around the crowd. He walked literally right in front of me down the walkway so that was pretty cool too. The place was pretty full for the exception of the last seated section furthest from the stage...and for some strange reason they did not sell lawn tickets for this show. Both Megadeth and Zombie played for a little over an hour, maybe like 70 minutes each. Overall a great show and I definitely recommend it if its coming near you. Setlists:

Megadeth
Never Dead
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Sweating Bullets
A Tout Le Monde
Headcrusher
Trust
Who's Life (Is It Anyways?)
Public Enemy No. 1
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

Rob Zombie
Jesus Frankenstein
Superbeast
Scum Of The Earth
Never Gonna Stop
Living Dead Girl
More Human Than Human
Demonoid Phenomenom
Mars Needs Women
Black Sunshine
Pussy Liquor
Thunderkiss '65
Dragula

TonyD
05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
:zzz:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Woah, that's only an hour or so set from Zombie....way too short for a headliner.

stylesclash516
05-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Black Sunshine

:drool::drool:

tenchimyo
05-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Decent setlists, maybe a bit short for Robert I agree. How was his stage show this time around?

VelvetHarry
05-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Not really into Rob Zombie's solo stuff but holy crap Black Sunshine :rocker:

Glad I got to see White Zombie co-headline with Pantera back in the day

Steev
05-14-2012, 05:52 AM
I wouldnt expect him to do "Black Sunshine" often, at the show he said he hadn't played it in 20 years and probably wouldn't for another

the following night it was dropped from the set

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-14-2012, 06:09 AM
I wouldnt expect him to do "Black Sunshine" often, at the show he said he hadn't played it in 20 years and probably wouldn't for another

Wasn't it on the Zombie Live album back in 2007?

Steev
05-14-2012, 06:11 AM

well that's odd then

300%_Density
05-14-2012, 06:56 AM

It was

Blacktooth85
05-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Black Sunshine, nice! Now if he would just play the rest of La Sexorcisto in its entirety to celebrate the 20th anniversary that would be a heck of a setlist. I know I'm talking out my ass but it's a nice thought.

stylesclash516
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Black Sunshine, nice! Now if he would just play the rest of La Sexorcisto in its entirety to celebrate the 20th anniversary that would be a heck of a setlist. I know I'm talking out my ass but it's a nice thought.

I would much rather see him play Astro-Creep: 2000 which would mean we get to hear Electric Head Pt. 1 & 2 plus Blood, Milk, & Sky. :drool: Either way I definitely think he should bring back some more White Zombie songs.

Blacktooth85
05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I would much rather see him play Astro-Creep: 2000 which would mean we get to hear Electric Head Pt. 1 & 2 plus Blood, Milk, & Sky. :drool: Either way I definitely think he should bring back some more White Zombie songs.

Yeah i actually like Astro-Creep better too. Both albums are killer... Too bad Rob thinks no one wants to hear any White Zombie anymore, just the "hits".

converge241
05-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Not really into Rob Zombie's solo stuff but holy crap Black Sunshine :rocker:

Glad I got to see White Zombie co-headline with Pantera back in the day

That was a great tour! w/Deftones (and at least for the MA show Anal Cunt)

Whitze Zombie had such a huge stageshow was thinking itd be hard to top but Pantera had the massive wall of amps and opened with Suicide Notes I and II - well I over the PA with the curtain up and drop/open for pt II. Ive seen White/Rob Zombie a number of times and that tour was probably the pinnacle

bobbie solo
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
imagine if he broke out Supercharger Heaven? fuck.

stylesclash516
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
imagine if he broke out Supercharger Heaven? fuck.

Last date of the Zombie/Slayer tour: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rob-zombie/2011/wamu-theater-seattle-wa-2bd08c7e.html

I was so pissed Pittsburgh didn't get Super-Charger Heaven as most other dates on the tour did. Tomorrow will be my 4th time seeing Rob Zombie and so far the only White Zombie songs I saw him play were Thunder Kiss '65 and More Human Than Human. Unless he mixes up the set for tomorrow I don't see any more songs being added to my list. :(

TonyD
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw him play that too, one of his/the band's best songs.

IrritatedTrout
05-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Were they selling Zombie / Megadeth tour shirts with this design:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/zombiemegatourmay.jpg

Because I saw a few in Maryland but none at the shirt stall. Either they sold out or they were bootlegs.