PDA

View Full Version : Dethklok / Lamb Of God / Gojira

Pages : 1 [2]

MPF
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Also, I just realized this. If the tour was all said and done and none of the bands were touring this summer....they would have said it by now, rather then saying it all tomorrow. They wouldn't leave people to wonder unless there was a Plan B.

RampinUp46
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
With a post like this it pretty much calls out "CANCELED", but hopefully, AND HOPEFULLY, I am an optimistic guy afterall, they will announce a line up change and the tour will still happen :light:

I honestly don't give a crap if LERMUHGERD is on it or not.

Pretty much this. I was in it for Dethklok mostly; Lamb of God was just a bonus.

I got pretty fucking lucky with the announcement too - I'll be in San Antonio tomorrow through the 31st, so I'll know if I should buy the tickets or just not go.

AnthG
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
All 3 Bands are scheduled to play Heavy TO. I hope that if the tour's cancelled, that Dethklok and Gojira still make it out to play Heavy TO and MTL.

DementedX14
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Gojira should do a headline tour.

kommie
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Gojira should do a headline tour.

ive said this before, but I don't think smaller RoadRunner bands do headlining tours. they're not exactly Nickleback.

kommie
07-25-2012, 07:16 PM
because bands have to be nickelback sized to do a headline tour /SARCASM

the notion of roadrunner purposely not allowing small bands to do headline tours is ridiculous

I just don't see them doing letting Gojira, an overseas French band doing it.

detuned
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
attempt to derail this before it gets retarded FAILED

kommie
07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
attempt to derail this before it gets retarded FAILED

RoadRunner just closed two of their offices down, will probably close another down, and their original CEO is supposed to leave. that and Gojira's new CD sold 11,000 copies here first week, not a large number. I love Gojira, but I don't see it happening. Others here have agreed with me, don't remember who though.

scream4icecream
07-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Gojira did a headlining tour before they were on Roadrunner (if my memory is correct, I forget when they signed), so I can't imagine there being much of a problem now that they have more exposure on a larger label. I think the only thing that would block it at this point is logistics / planning / other bands. If the original tour falls through, i'd be all for a Gojira headlining tour, I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about Dethklok.

treghet
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
RoadRunner just closed two of their offices down, will probably close another down, and their original CEO is supposed to leave. that and Gojira's new CD sold 11,000 copies here first week, not a large number. I love Gojira, but I don't see it happening. Others here have agreed with me, don't remember who though.

Cannibal Corpse sold 9,846 in its first week. 11k may sound like a small number, but for a metal band that's actually really good.

mastodon421
07-26-2012, 06:59 AM
http://lambgoat.com/news/18770/Dethklok-Lamb-of-God-Gojira-tour-canceled

Officially canceled. Shock of the century.

AnthG
07-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Any band can do a headlining tour. That Gojira can do a headlining tour isn't up for question, it's how many people they can pull in at their shows. I'd guess something like 300-400

Spiner202
07-26-2012, 07:01 AM
In Flames is replacing Lamb of God at Heavy TO. It looks like Gojira and Dethklok are still playing.

AnthG
07-26-2012, 07:04 AM
In flames is underwhelming compared to LoG, but considering the short notice it's much better than nothing. I still like In Flames, so it should be good.

Jochen
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing Gojira. I'm almost considering going to Knotfest just to see them, and I haven't LOG since the Sacrament tour. At least they're hopefully doing a fall tour.

300%_Density
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Any band can do a headlining tour. That Gojira can do a headlining tour isn't up for question, it's how many people they can pull in at their shows. I'd guess something like 300-400

Maybe I'm just thinking about my part of the country but I'm guessing in some places 3-400 people still might be more than they could get in some places. No offense to them but I don't see them pulling in a ton of people.

MPF
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing Gojira. I'm almost considering going to Knotfest just to see them, and I haven't LOG since the Sacrament tour. At least they're hopefully doing a fall tour.

Well there is nothing saying they won't be playing Knotfest. So they just might still be playing it.

dcmetal108
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Great now to argue with Groupon for a refund.

imanidiot777
07-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Just saw a Facebook post from the band, tour cancelled.

Here it is:

LAMB OF GOD/ DETHKLOK TOUR CANCELED...

Due to the continued incarceration of LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe in the Czech Republic, the band’s co-headline tour with Dethklok scheduled to begin August 1st in Seattle is being cancelled. The band regrets the decision but the uncertainty of Randy’s release makes it impossible to carry on with the tour. Upon Randy’s release, it is the band’s intention to rebook a tour in the fall and at this time the band fully intends to participate in the Mayhem Cruise in December.

LAMB OF GOD wishes to thank Dethklok, Adult Swim and Gojira for their support and patience as well as all of the promoters who had dates on the tour. Last but certainly not least, the band thanks all of the fans who bought tickets for the tour and who have been supportive of Randy and the band over the last month that Randy has been held in Prague. Without the fans, there is no LAMB OF GOD.

KillerCannabis
07-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Of course, the one time I easily score pit seats at the Gibson this would happen...

kommie
07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Glad I saw em back in January.

imanidiot777
07-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Glad I saw em back in January.

That was awesome in the small clubs in January.

kommie
07-26-2012, 08:31 AM
That was awesome in the small clubs in January.

painfully crowded but awesome. my body was aching for a couple days after that.

ShatteredFlame
07-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Damn, I don't care about Lamb of God but without them Gojira would probably never come to CT :(

anomynous
07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Of course.

Seems stupid to screw over Dethklok & Gojira too.........

treghet
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Of course.

Seems stupid to screw over Dethklok & Gojira too.........

Yeah, because that was definitely what Lamb of God was trying to do this whole time.

anomynous
07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, because that was definitely what Lamb of God was trying to do this whole time.

Yeah, clearly it was and that's what I said.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/2mq1cmg.gif

There's no real reason the tour can't continue with replacement band(s). Dethklok & Gojira are getting screwed over just like all the bands on Shockwave, who had touring plans for a month+ , then cancelled because of the "headliner". They're losing out on income too, and unlike LoG, they have no reason not to tour.

What happened to Randy sucks, but Dethklok & Gojira shouldn't have to not tour because of it.

kommie
07-26-2012, 09:05 AM
I don't think the promoters would just add bands last second. If I paid to see Lamb of God, Dethklok, and Gojira I'd be pissed to see LoG replaced with someone like Bullet for my Valentine, AILD, or some shit like that. I've always wanted to see Dethklok, but previous tours they've done, the other bands to me were 'meh'. Plus, I'm rather sure LoG have more ticket selling power than Dethklok.

treghet
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, clearly it was and that's what I said.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/2mq1cmg.gif

There's no real reason the tour can't continue with replacement band(s). Dethklok & Gojira are getting screwed over just like all the bands on Shockwave, who had touring plans for a month+ , then cancelled because of the "headliner". They're losing out on income too, and unlike LoG, they have no reason not to tour.

What happened to Randy sucks, but Dethklok & Gojira shouldn't have to not tour because of it.

That's what you implied with your vague statement. When a headlining band drops off of a tour everybody who bought tickets up to that point has the choice to receive a refund. At this point I doubt they would be able to find a replacement, seeing as the tour is days away from starting. And for Dethklok and Gojira to tour on their own they would have to play at much smaller venues, because a lot of people would likely opt for the refund without Lamb of God. Canceling the tour is simply the best option right now.

anomynous
07-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Except two things (not that it matters, what happened happened and it sucks for LoG):

They've known it was a possibility LoG couldn't do it for almost a month now, and the tour was billed as a co-headliner with Dethklok.

treghet
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Except two things (not that it matters, what happened happened and it sucks for LoG):

They've known it was a possibility LoG couldn't do it for almost a month now, and the tour was billed as a co-headliner with Dethklok.

I don't think they anticipated it going on this long, so they probably didn't line up a replacement in time. I don't think it being billed as a co-headliner would matter, since they are still one of the headlining bands. But if they were really specific about it then people would only get refunds for the days Lamb of God closed the show, which would piss off a lot of fans.

MPF
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZdY9rw-uo

moobys37
07-26-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't think the promoters would just add bands last second.

As a promoter, I wouldn't care. Dethklok at least in Pittsburgh is a big enough draw to headline where they were playing alone.

anomynous
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Looks like Dethklok might be putting together a replacement tour? (https://twitter.com/_Brendonsmall/status/228549148364898304)

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
They are both supposedly putting together fall tours. I bet they just reshedule this tour.

anomynous
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
.......if randy's out by then

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-26-2012, 11:42 AM
If the judge denies the prosecutor again he will be free on bond. The prosecutor can only file 2 motions to block his release.

TonyD
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/images/i/227/i02/cross-fingers-100712-02.jpg?1324321126
Gojira headlining tour...

detuned
07-26-2012, 12:51 PM

the scale of this tour was predicated by the combined popularity of LOG and dethklok. for dethklok/gojira to continue on the tour and not lose a ton of money and play to half empty arenas, they would have had to downgrade venues, and even trying to do so a month ago when randy was first taken in was most likely not enough time to do so. youve gotta realize the touring market has gotten so saturated that a lot of times tours have be planned upwards of 6 months or more, so i can only imagine there wasnt much available to them, therefore little choice but to cancel.

dcmetal108
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Here's what I think.

Dethklok could do like a HOB (1,000-1,200 capacity) headlining tour with great support and do well.

Gojira would prolly do a club tour (500 person capacity) and I don't think that would even sell out.

John The Drummer
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Well shit. /thread

Northern_Shaman
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Gojira sold out a 500-person capacity venue when they headlined here in 2009 with barely any actual support at all. I have no doubt that they could have a successful headlining tour now with their increased popularity. Provided they don't book shows in the shit markets I hear about on here :lol:. Hopefully them and Dethklok are back as soon as possible.

detuned
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
dethklok off knotfest, nothing said about gojira, "We will be announcing replacement artists imminently"
https://twitter.com/slipknot/status/228576224635674624
https://twitter.com/slipknot/status/228576439824433153

though both are still on at least heavy to
https://twitter.com/HeavyTOFest/status/228596475444207616

MPF
07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

detuned
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
oh, gojira's tour dates have been updated, TO, MTL and knotfest still on there. maybe they can scrounge up some last minute headline shows to fill up the 5 days between MTL and knotfest.

Nater
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
They could always try and get on a couple of the Tresspass America shows in between

treghet
07-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Gojira sold out a 500-person capacity venue when they headlined here in 2009 with barely any actual support at all. I have no doubt that they could have a successful headlining tour now with their increased popularity. Provided they don't book shows in the shit markets I hear about on here :lol:. Hopefully them and Dethklok are back as soon as possible.

Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying they wouldn't be able to pull of a headlining tour. Not only did they already pull one off, but they've toured the US numerous times as a support band. It's not like they're new to the US market. And as I pointed out a couple pages back, their new album outsold Cannibal Corpse's in the first week. I'm sure they would be able to fill up clubs just fine.

kommie
07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying they wouldn't be able to pull of a headlining tour. Not only did they already pull one off, but they've toured the US numerous times as a support band. It's not like they're new to the US market. And as I pointed out a couple pages back, their new album outsold Cannibal Corpse's in the first week. I'm sure they would be able to fill up clubs just fine.

I'm not saying they couldn't, they have and i saw them, I'm saying I don't see Roadrunner paying for it.

Gojira posted on FaceBook that they might do a show in the city August 9th. :drool:

detuned
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Gojira
Thursday, Aug 09, 2012 9:30 PM EDT
Santos Party House, New York, NY
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4812765

ShatteredFlame
07-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Gojira
Thursday, Aug 09, 2012 9:30 PM EDT
Santos Party House, New York, NY
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4812765

:drool: Going!

detuned
07-27-2012, 09:08 PM
and another

Mon, August 13, 2012
Doors: 6:00 pm / Show: 6:30 pm
Palladium Upstairs
Worcester, MA
Tickets $16.00 adv., $16.00 day
http://www.ticketfly.com/event/148197

Xenocide
07-27-2012, 09:32 PM
YES
YES
YES
YES

mastodon421
07-28-2012, 05:12 AM
and another

Mon, August 13, 2012
Doors: 6:00 pm / Show: 6:30 pm
Palladium Upstairs
Worcester, MA
Tickets $16.00 adv., $16.00 day
http://www.ticketfly.com/event/148197

FUCK YES

DementedX14
07-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Hoping for a Chicago date. :snivel:

scream4icecream
07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Hopefully they can work a Philly show around those NYC and MA dates, it's been waaaay too long since I've seen them

RAMNOfficial
07-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Dethklok just announced a show in the same venue at the same date as the cancelled LOG/Dethklok/Gojira show in Vancouver, BC.
Link - https://www.facebook.com/events/450901714930903/

I just got an email that this show was announced today.

Northern_Shaman
07-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Dethklok just announced a show in the same venue at the same date as the cancelled LOG/Dethklok/Gojira show in Vancouver, BC.

Where did you receive that e-mail from? I'll be really stoked if this is happening, but that event listing looks far from official.

zerkz
07-29-2012, 06:58 AM

I got the same thing. It's from that stupid BandsinTown thing. I'd say its not real/an error.

treghet
07-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I wish Gojira would put together a whole tour. They might as well, since they will already be here.

detuned
07-29-2012, 07:56 AM
booking a full proper tour within 2 weeks is a piece of cake

treghet
07-29-2012, 08:05 AM
booking a full proper tour within 2 weeks is a piece of cake

Where did I say it was easy to book shows on short notice? If they have no plans to fill the void in their schedule they might as well use their time here to book what they can. They're not going to make any money sitting at home, are they?

detuned
07-29-2012, 08:18 AM
they also are not going to make money sitting in hotel rooms every other day or more because only a handful of venues were available to them

treghet
07-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Let me show you their current itinerary for the next month.

Aug 9 -- NYC
Aug 11 -- Heavy TO
Aug 12 -- Heavy MTL
Aug 13 -- Worcester, MA
Aug 18 -- Knotfest (Somerset, WI)

Do you see the gap between the Massachusetts show and Knotfest? There's no reason for them to not try to book dates between them. And if they are able to book more afterward, why not? They seemed to book the NYC and MA dates just fine, so it's not completely out of the question to book more. Now aside from the fact that you don't know that they won't be able to find venues on short notice, do you really think they're the type of band to stay at hotels? To my knowledge, most bands their size sleep in their vans, or if they're lucky their label will rent them a bus. With that said, no, I don't think they could put together a month and a half long tour, but I think they could put together enough dates to call it a small tour.

detuned
07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
im very well aware of that schedule, and as ive said earlier in this very thread, i was already expecting them to attempt to fill in that gap. by "whole tour" i figured you were talking something like filling in the entire 2 months they had allotted for the dethklok tour.

treghet
07-29-2012, 09:30 AM
im very well aware of that schedule, and as ive said earlier in this very thread, i was already expecting them to attempt to fill in that gap. by "whole tour" i figured you were talking something like filling in the entire 2 months they had allotted for the dethklok tour.

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to do a tour that extensive even if they had a proper one. I just think they could fill in some of that time to make the trip out here worthwhile. Whether it be just a few more dates or a couple weeks, they should try to make the most out of the situation they're in.

Natrlhi
07-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Not to be a buzzkill, but I have a feeling none of this is going to happen.

Some evidence, straight from Dethklok's home page:

July 29, 2012 | No Comments

Dethklok and Lamb Of God have cancelled their upcoming tour. The much anticipated tour, set to commence on August 1, 2012, cannot go on as scheduled due to the arrest and incarceration of Lamb Of God singer, Randy Blythe. Gojira was the opening act.

ADULT SWIM STATEMENT REGARDING UPCOMING TOUR:

In light of circumstances beyond our control, the upcoming Dethklok and Lamb of God with Gojira summer tour has been canceled. Refunds will be available to customers who already purchased tickets through their point of purchase. We thank Dethklok fans for their continued support and look forward to releasing information about the bandís upcoming third album and a planned fall tour in the coming weeks.

LAMB OF GOD STATEMENT REGARDING UPCOMING TOUR:

Due to the continued incarceration of LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe in the Czech Republic, the bandís co-headline tour with Dethklok scheduled to begin August 1st in Seattle is being cancelled. The band regrets the decision but the uncertainty of Randyís release makes it impossible to carry on with the tour. Upon Randyís release, it is the bandís intention to rebook a tour in the fall and at this time the band fully intends to participate in the Mayhem Cruise in December.

LAMB OF GOD wishes to thank Dethklok, Adult Swim and Gojira for their support and patience as well as all of the promoters who had dates on the tour. Last but certainly not least, the band thanks all of the fans who bought tickets for the tour and who have been supportive of Randy and the band over the last month that Randy has been held in Prague. Without the fans, there is no LAMB OF GOD.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
So it seems they will be booking entirely new tours instead of just post-poning this one. I'm cool with that. I hope Gojira opens on the Dethklok tour.

XDoomsayerX
07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Gojira is the main reason I wanted to attend this so hopefully they do just tour with Dethklok or some other small tour that wont cost me a ton of cash.

detuned
07-30-2012, 05:14 AM
better LOG and dethklok tour seperately, smaller venues and (hopefully) cheaper tickets. hopefully gojira supporting LOG.

ShatteredFlame
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
They're also playing Brooklyn at Music Hall of Williamsburg on 8/14 :eek:

detuned
07-30-2012, 10:01 AM
They're also playing Brooklyn at Music Hall of Williamsburg on 8/14 :eek:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000048FBF102E1E6

Monday, Aug 20, 2012 7:00 PM EDT
Peabody's, Cleveland, OH
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4817555