PDA

View Full Version : Possible Megadeth and Overkill tour in the fall.

justinm4bama
05-11-2012, 07:21 AM
My buddy did the meet and greet last night in Atlanta with Overkill. He asked Bobby when and with who they are coming back and he said they will be back in Atlanta in November with Megadeth :rocker:

treghet
05-11-2012, 07:33 AM
ehhhhhhh...

justinm4bama
05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
ehhhhhhh...

Haha what? That would be a pretty good tour if Megadeth changed their set up more.

treghet
05-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Megadeth probably won't change their set, and if they do they won't add anything worthwhile. Plus, the fact that it's Megadeth means tickets will be expensive as hell.

justinm4bama
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Megadeth probably won't change their set, and if they do they won't add anything worthwhile. Plus, the fact that it's Megadeth means tickets will be expensive as hell.

That's true. Tickets will probably be around $45 here, and cost of parking, gas, etc. I would really hate to see how much I spend on going to shows :tp:

RampinUp46
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
:rocker:

If Megadeth changes their setlist up a bit, this would be a really sweet tour.

...Not very likely knowing Dave these days, but hey!

detuned
05-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Megadeth probably won't change their set, and if they do they won't add anything worthwhile.
i wouldnt be too sure of that

treghet
05-11-2012, 07:52 AM
i wouldnt be too sure of that

Right, because they're going to pull out My Last Words and play it for every date on the tour.

Steev
05-11-2012, 07:54 AM
That'd be cool, I mean I'm seein Megadeth tonight and again next weekend, but sounds like a fun show

mastodon421
05-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Sounds good to me:rocker:

PVH5150
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Plus, the fact that it's Megadeth means tickets will be expensive as hell.

Gigantour tickets in January were $49.

That is far from expensive.

IrritatedTrout
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Sounds cool.

treghet
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Gigantour tickets in January were $49.

That is far from expensive.

I just searched an upcoming Megadeth show (without Rob Zombie) on LiveNation. Ticket prices with charges:

Balcony - $34.75-52
Orchestra - $52-62.50
Pit - $101.50

And for the Overkill / DRI show in New York:

GA - $39.45

Obviously ticket prices vary from venue to venue, but in this particular case, to get in the pit at the Megadeth show vs. the Overkill show there is a $60 difference. To even get into the Megadeth show (and sit in the very back rows) you're still paying a few dollars less than it does to get a spot on the rail for Overkill. This might not be the case for every city the tour hits, but for ones like LA, where I am, it means paying a lot more. Maybe if you're okay with having far away seats or just not an Overkill fan this isn't a problem, but I don't want to see Overkill and sit down in the back when I could pay almost the same price to be in the pit and see them do a headlining set instead.

Jochen
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd hit it.

TheDeadPanda
05-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I just searched an upcoming Megadeth show (without Rob Zombie) on LiveNation. Ticket prices with charges:

Balcony - $34.75-52
Orchestra - $52-62.50
Pit - $101.50

The only concert around here ive ever seen that has pit for over 100 is linkin park... thats outrageous. I doubt many venues would charge close to that..

PVH5150
05-11-2012, 11:37 AM

Balcony - $34.75-52
Orchestra - $52-62.50
Pit - $101.50

And for the Overkill / DRI show in New York:

GA - $39.45

Obviously ticket prices vary from venue to venue, but in this particular case, to get in the pit at the Megadeth show vs. the Overkill show there is a $60 difference. To even get into the Megadeth show (and sit in the very back rows) you're still paying a few dollars less than it does to get a spot on the rail for Overkill. This might not be the case for every city the tour hits, but for ones like LA, where I am, it means paying a lot more. Maybe if you're okay with having far away seats or just not an Overkill fan this isn't a problem, but I don't want to see Overkill and sit down in the back when I could pay almost the same price to be in the pit and see them do a headlining set instead.

And the day after that $101 dollar show, they're playing with Rob Zombie at Stage AE in Pittsburgh and all tickets are general admission and are $47.50.

Willing to bet the venue of the $101 tickets is operated/owned by Ticketbastard/LiveNation.

MPF
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I'd go for Overkill alone. I've yet to see Megadeth either, so that would be cool.

mankvill
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
jesus tits, new yawk is expensive. Overkill headlining here a week and a half ago was $22 and when I saw Megadeth headline the exact same club a few years back (probably the smallest venue Megadeth has played in 20 years :rocker: ) it was like $30.

Sanitarium78
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM

Balcony - $34.75-52
Orchestra - $52-62.50
Pit - $101.50

What the hell? The most i've ever paid to see Megadeth was on the first gigantour and they were like $55 and that was in an amphitheater. I had pretty good seats to. The other times i've seen them recently have been in genreal admission venues and the tickets were around $40-$45. It's hard to believe they're charging that much now because Megadeth ticket prices have always been reasonable.

HugeRockStar
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Would rather Overkill headline in a smaller place with a bunch of cool openers. How many times do I need to see Megadeth play the same set

treghet
05-11-2012, 04:54 PM
And the day after that $101 dollar show, they're playing with Rob Zombie at Stage AE in Pittsburgh and all tickets are general admission and are $47.50.

Willing to bet the venue of the $101 tickets is operated/owned by Ticketbastard/LiveNation.

You should reread the parts "obviously ticket prices vary from venue to venue" and "this might not be the case for every city the tour hits, but for ones like LA, where I am, it means paying a lot more." If you want to nitpick though, no not every date will be expensive as hell, but some will be, and overall Megadeth will undoubtedly cost more than Overkill alone.

jesus tits, new yawk is expensive. Overkill headlining here a week and a half ago was $22 and when I saw Megadeth headline the exact same club a few years back (probably the smallest venue Megadeth has played in 20 years :rocker: ) it was like $30.

Keep in mind you live in Kansas. :finger:

Would rather Overkill headline in a smaller place with a bunch of cool openers. How many times do I need to see Megadeth play the same set

Exactly.

mankvill
05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Keep in mind you live in Kansas. :finger:

Yeah, it's not just concerts though. Like, I talk to people from the east coast all the time saying like a 1 Bed/1 Bath apartment is like $1,300 while here they're on average about $600 o_o;

but back on topic!

gangrene
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
It's always a good time when Megadeth & Overkill tour together--wouldn't miss it!
It's way too early to even speculate about the set: isn't Megadeth doing the whole Countdown record in their set now??

treghet
05-11-2012, 06:00 PM
It's always a good time when Megadeth & Overkill tour together--wouldn't miss it!
It's way too early to even speculate about the set: isn't Megadeth doing the whole Countdown record in their set now??

Good point. As of now it's only for the Chile show, but there's a good possibility that they will continue to do it. I suppose that would be better than playing the same set they're doing now. I'm not that into the album though.

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Good point. As of now it's only for the Chile show, but there's a good possibility that they will continue to do it. I suppose that would be better than playing the same set they're doing now. I'm not that into the album though.

Mexico too, apparently.

I hope this tour happen's, cuz I am not seeing Overkill tomorrow and it would give me incentive to see Megadeth again, because while I enjoy their shows, their setlists always manage to bore me. :lol:

gangrene
09-15-2012, 07:26 AM
My buddy did the meet and greet last night in Atlanta with Overkill. He asked Bobby when and with who they are coming back and he said they will be back in Atlanta in November with Megadeth :rocker:

So now what's going on with Overkill in November instead..and why not this?? :confused:

justinm4bama
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
So now what's going on with Overkill in November instead..and why not this?? :confused:

Maybe Overkill already had something booked or management did anyways. :tp:

ravenheart
09-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Overkill never do anything unless the money is good. It probably wasn't.

Onioner
09-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Overkill never do anything unless the money is good. It probably wasn't.

This. Apparently they charge the same rate everywhere as they do for East Coast venues, even in markets where they're not popular. From what I heard, the turnouts on the last tour were pretty bad, so I can't imagine these guys are too eager to do another coast to coast run.