PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie to unveil first "Lords of Salem" trailer tomorrow in concert

Steev
05-10-2012, 07:27 AM
aaaaaaaawesome

kommie
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
why do people let him make movies...... why?!?!? and why the hell do people watch them?

mastodon421
05-10-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm curious to see how this turns out, he has shown some potential as a director. I liked The Devil's Rejects to an extent, but House of 1000 Corpses is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Didn't see either of his Halloween movies, so I can't comment on those.

Steev
05-10-2012, 07:55 AM
My favorite will always be El Superbeasto

though I still have a signed theatrical poster from The Devil's Rejects that I won at Ozzfest 2005

BloodoftheKings
05-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I think Rob Zombie is capable of making a good movie, he just hasn't yet. The Devil's Rejects had somethings going for it but I can't really say I liked it.

girnny777
05-10-2012, 08:07 AM
His first Halloween was fucking terrible, I didn't even bother with the second. Yeah, when I saw the original I was definitely thinking "Hey you know what this needs? A rape scene!"

BloodoftheKings
05-10-2012, 08:08 AM
His first Halloween was fucking terrible, I didn't even bother with the second. Yeah, when I saw the original I was definitely thinking "Hey you know what this needs? A rape scene!"

The first one is a masterpiece compared to the sequel.

Steev
05-10-2012, 08:08 AM

though I still have a signed theatrical poster from The Devil's Rejects that I won at Ozzfest 2005

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Superbeasto was awesome. I love "... Rejects" and "... Corpses" too. Halloween wasn't that bad, mostly because it was little more than a shot-for-shot remake. I haven't seen the sequel.

Whatever you think of his versions of Halloween, the next one will be worse.

I'm looking forward to Lords of Salem.

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 08:14 AM
why do people let him make movies...... why?!?!? and why the hell do people watch them?

The answer to both of these questions are "because you're wrong."

Natrlhi
05-10-2012, 08:44 AM
why do people let him make movies...... why?!?!?Because they are fucking awesome.

and why the hell do people watch them?Because they are fucking awesome.

EDIT: also what raven said

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 08:49 AM
"Heidi, a blond rock chick, DJs at a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster) forms part of the "Big H Radio Team." A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, a gift of the Lords. She assumes it's a rock band on a mission to spread to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords' record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma. Later, Whitey plays the Lords' record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with his listeners. The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon, Heidi and her cohorts are far from the rock spectacle they're expecting. The original Lords of Salem are returning and they're out for blood. "

Sounds like trolling to me. It's the only plot summary submitted to IMDb.

kommie
05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
"Heidi, a blond rock chick, DJs at a local radio station, and together with the two Hermans (Whitey and Munster) forms part of the "Big H Radio Team." A mysterious wooden box containing a vinyl record arrives for Heidi, a gift of the Lords. She assumes it's a rock band on a mission to spread to spread their word. As Heidi and Whitey play the Lords' record, it starts to play backwards, and Heidi experiences a flashback to a past trauma. Later, Whitey plays the Lords' record, dubbing them the Lords of Salem, and to his surprise, the record plays normally and is a massive hit with his listeners. The arrival of another wooden box from the Lords presents the Big H team with free tickets, posters and records to host a gig in Salem. Soon, Heidi and her cohorts are far from the rock spectacle they're expecting. The original Lords of Salem are returning and they're out for blood. "

Sounds like trolling to me. It's the only plot summary submitted to IMDb.

Sounds like something Rob Zombie would make.

kommie
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
"A local DJ plays a cursed record and unwittingly unleashes a coven of 300-year old witches who were secretly imprisoned and tortured during the Salem Witch Trials."

From Wikipedia, still sounds awful.

dcmetal108
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Really looking forward to it. Devils Rejects is one of my favorite movies ever and 1000 Corpses was awesome as well. Didn't care for the Halloweens though.

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 01:24 PM
The same text on IMDb is also on the official page for the movie on Zombie's website... but seeing as he's been so secretive about it so far... it could be a hoax.

If it IS the actual plot... it does sound terrible. Absolutely not in keeping with his previous plots. I'll be very disappointed if this turns out to be the actual storyline.

John The Drummer
05-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I guess I'll do my reviews as well... (btw, I LOVE shitty movies)

House of...: It was OK, nothing great, but it definitely had its moments.
Devils Rejects: I need to watch this one again, I didn't get into it much when I first saw it, so maybe watching it years later will help.
Halloween: I enjoyed it a lot. Really all I can say.

I never saw Superbeasto or H2, but really want to. I can't wait to see this new movie though, it will be interesting.

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I can't wait to see this new movie though, it will be interesting.

Not with that storyline it won't.

PVH5150
05-10-2012, 08:16 PM
His original movies are good.
His remakes suck asshole.

dcmetal108
05-10-2012, 08:17 PM

It's a crazy story but he'll make it good.

ravenheart
05-11-2012, 02:58 AM
It's a crazy story but he'll make it good.

I wish I had your faith :eyes:

converge241
05-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Werewolf WOmen of the SS was the best "film" he did.

He could use someone filtering his ideas. Corpses, Rejects, and Halloween I have good ideas but could ahve used some help carrying them along to full rewarding films

Halloween II was a TRAIN WRECK

AnthG
05-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Rob Zombie's best film isn't even a full film. It's the trailer for Werewolf women of the SS. I want to revisit House of 1000 Corpses. I didn't like it the first time around, but I need to rewatch it. Oh, and the Halloween remake sucked.

Steev
05-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Speaking of El Superbeasto, Tom Papa will be at the show tonight

John The Drummer
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM

I have a love for shitty horror movies ;)

Check out Blood Reaper. It was shot on [what looks like] a handycam, and sucks (plot, acting, directing, everything). The killer in the movie looks nothing like the one on the cover, and one of the characters randomly disappears 1/3 the way through, and no one seems to notice :lol:. Sadly, I've seen this movie probably close to 20 times.

Steev
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
So they showed the trailer right before "Dragula"

looks solid, definitely different from other RZ movies

BlindGuardian93
05-12-2012, 07:23 AM
So who closed RZ or Megadave? I was confused because i figured Zombie would close but its called the Th1rt3en world tour

Steev
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Zombie closed the show out

BloodoftheKings
05-13-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6_XMwTwVms

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-13-2012, 02:48 PM
^ Thanks for the post! I have to say, it looks like Suspiria in a way. Can anyone tell what that was at 1:02?

dcmetal108
05-13-2012, 04:06 PM
OH MY GOD! I CANT WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!