All The Heavy Lifting
Spectrelight
Curl Of The Burl
Bedazzled Fingernails
Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Blood And Thunder
Creature Lives

Not all that extended, but it was pretty short notice I guess. Still, I'd love to get some extra Mastodong in DC tomorrow.

mastodon421
05-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Ol' Nessie is a fucking awesome addition, especially on a whim.

girnny777
05-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Mikael Akerfeldt was in a car accident, that's why Opeth didn't play.

petrovar
05-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Mikael Akerfeldt was in a car accident, that's why Opeth didn't play.

A guy who was at the show said the merch guy for Opeth said that Mikael was getting off their bus, fell and hit his head. He should be OK.

Onto to Mastodon...Ol'e Nessie?????????? :drool:. So mad I didn't get that at my show. That must have been sweet.

JRA
05-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Ol' Nessie is a fucking awesome addition, especially on a whim.

indeed

Feed The Gods
05-08-2012, 08:40 AM
This set is definitely not right. They played Iron Tusk and March of the Fire Ants right near the end. I am absolutely certain of that. They also played The Sparrow right before Creature Lives. And no, Ole' Nessie was not played. I would've died if I saw that song.

IrritatedTrout
05-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, setlist.fm has now been changed to say Tusk and Ants.

larvtard
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Gotta say I am pleasantly surprised that Mastodon extended their set. Usually big bands with big egos wouldn't give a shit about extending sets if put in a situation like this

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
This set is definitely not right. They played Iron Tusk and March of the Fire Ants right near the end. I am absolutely certain of that. They also played The Sparrow right before Creature Lives. And no, Ole' Nessie was not played. I would've died if I saw that song.

Yeah, setlist.fm has now been changed to say Tusk and Ants.I would consider trading "Nessie" for both "Ants" and "Tusk" if I hadn't heard them play both live already. Just sayin'.

MPF
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM
2 corrections:

It was in fact Iron Tusk and March Of The Fire Ants. Sadly not Ole Nessie

Mikael came out and said what actually happened today. He hit his head in Mastodon's bus. No broken arm, no car crashes.

TonyD
05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
2 corrections:

It was in fact Iron Tusk and March Of The Fire Ants. Sadly not Ole Nessie

Mikael came out and said what actually happened today. He hit his head in Mastodon's bus. No broken arm, no car crashes.

What?

MPF
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
What?

Ol Nessie was not played last night, Although Iron Tusk, March Of The Fire Ants, and I did forget Creature Lives, was played.

Mikael made an announcement on facebook about what happened. He will be playing tomorrow nights show. Tonight was just a traveling day anyways, so only MN got fucked out of Opeth. Probably because I couldn't make it to the show last night. :D

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd love to get some extra dong in DC tomorrow.Yeah, I'll bet you would, freakboy.

IrritatedTrout
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I'll bet you would, freakboy.

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be settling for the standard-length dong.:eyes:

Travis The Dragon
05-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Last night, my dad and I checked out some of Mastodon's music and absolutely loved it! So, at the last minute we decided to go to the show. WOW! Both Ghost and Mastadon were super amazing! And you were all right about Ghost. They need to be heard live to truly appreciate them. They were mind blowing!

That's too bad about Mike though. I'm just thankful it wasn't more serious and that he can continue the tour.

masterguy49
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Last night, my dad and I checked out some of Mastadon's music and absolutely loved it! So, at the last minute we decided to go to the show. WOW! Both Ghost and Mastadon were super amazing! And you were all right about Ghost. They need to be heard live to truly appreciate them. They were mind blowing!

That's too bad about Mike though. I'm just thankful it wasn't more serious and that he can continue the tour.
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif

Also, Mastodon*

TEDIUM88
05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, for what it's worth, I have a copy of the setlist from last night, but it's the same one from other dates, doesn't have the additions on it.
Anyway, I was hanging out back afterwards and saw Mike on his bus, looked fine, but didn't come out to talk. Brann from Mastodon said something about getting his head stapled shut.

Interesting side note, I talked to one of the Ghost members out of costume (no idea which one, he claimed to have never even heard of Ghost) but I chatted with him in Swedish and he said he came from Linköping. I didn't get a pic, but he looked a lot like Katatonia's drummer. If that helps anyone figure out who he was, then good luck.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-09-2012, 05:21 PM
What tipped you off that he was a member of Ghost? I hear the guys are all really nice, and being a Ghost fan, I'd love to chat with them for a second, though I know they can't really acknowledge the band. *coughTobiasForgecough*

TonyD
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Last night, my dad and I checked out some of Mastodon's music and absolutely loved it! So, at the last minute we decided to go to the show. WOW! Both Ghost and Mastadon were super amazing! And you were all right about Ghost. They need to be heard live to truly appreciate them. They were mind blowing!

Ultimate troll right here

TEDIUM88
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
What tipped you off that he was a member of Ghost? I hear the guys are all really nice, and being a Ghost fan, I'd love to chat with them for a second, though I know they can't really acknowledge the band. *coughTobiasForgecough*

Well he came up to the fence wearing a leather jacket and asked for a light for his cig. He was obviously not a roadie, had a Swedish accent (that's when I asked him if he spoke it) and wasn't a member of Opeth.

RampinUp46
05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah, for what it's worth, I have a copy of the setlist from last night, but it's the same one from other dates, doesn't have the additions on it.
Anyway, I was hanging out back afterwards and saw Mike on his bus, looked fine, but didn't come out to talk. Brann from Mastodon said something about getting his head stapled shut.

Interesting side note, I talked to one of the Ghost members out of costume (no idea which one, he claimed to have never even heard of Ghost) but I chatted with him in Swedish and he said he came from Linköping. I didn't get a pic, but he looked a lot like Katatonia's drummer. If that helps anyone figure out who he was, then good luck.

That was Tobias Forge - or "that guy who we think/know is Papa Emeritus". Dude's from that city according to Metal Archives.

TEDIUM88
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
No, not Tobias Forge. Forge isn't blond. Like I said, this guy looked a lot like Katatonia's drummer Daniel Liljekvist (http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/81/8a95055878a84db3bb03a2b919258cdd/l.jpg)