Enter Sandman

Encore
Fuel
One
Seek & Destroy

Source = Setlistfm

makethemsuffer12
05-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Wait, did they actually play it backwards?

mankvill
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
So...so they played it backwards!

That's kinda fun.

(sic)&disturbed
05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Yep and I just confirmed that with their website.

makethemsuffer12
05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Ehh... I mean it's an alright idea, I suppose, but I would've preferred it start to finish, then an encore.

IrritatedTrout
05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Interesting. Would see this if it was coming closer than NJ and without all the shit bands.

(sic)&disturbed
05-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I would'nt care either way, I would be just excited about hearing the 3 songs they've never played.

PowerMaiden
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Interesting. Would see this if it was coming closer than NJ and without all the shit bands.

that would mean without Metallica themselves hahaha !!!

sorry I had to say it

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dextrimental
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
We're never going to get rid of Sandman in that pre-encore spot.. Cool idea I guess, playing it backwards. Shortest Straw and For Whom The Bell Tolls are far more exciting propositions in my opinion.

YippiCola
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
i can't believe they aren't bored to death with closing with seek and destroy.

rjturtle9
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Horrible set.

Jochen
05-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Blackened was played too.

(sic)&disturbed
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Blackened was played too.

Fixed! Thank you!

makethemsuffer12
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Some videos are posted online...

All of songs they play at every show. :bouville:

marker
05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
that would mean without Metallica themselves hahaha !!!

sorry I had to say it

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Do you like anything besides Maiden?

300%_Density
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
That seems like such a crime it's taken this long for Don't Tread On Me. The other 2 not played before are kinda meh for me but it's a shame Don't Tread has taken this long.

mankvill
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
This is an awesome set. :D

metallicbrian666
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Worst encore ever

"Oh come on guys, you didn't think we'd forget your favorite song did ya? GIMMEFUGIMMEFAGIMMIEDABAJAWAZA"

mankvill
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Worst encore ever

"Oh come on guys, you didn't think we'd forget your favorite song did ya? GIMMEFUGIMMEFAGIMMIEDABAJAWAZA"

>2009+3
>still hating on Fuel

grow up kiddo

Sanitarium78
05-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, at least the first five songs are awesome.

I would've prefered if they just did the world premeir's of TSW, MFOM and DTOM and saved the other spots for different songs instead of going through with the stupid idea of playing TBA backwards.

Jochen
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
The first five songs are great, and I like the idea of doing the album backwards, but Seek should be changed out, maybe they should just end with One?

Sanitarium78
05-07-2012, 07:07 PM
The first five songs are great, and I like the idea of doing the album backwards, but Seek should be changed out, maybe they should just end with One?

Creeping Death should be the regular closer. It's sad that the song is not a set staple anymore like it should be.

hellawaits77ny
05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Can't wait to check out those debuts.

300%_Density
05-07-2012, 08:39 PM
>2009+3
>still hating on Fuel

grow up kiddo

Still hating on Fuel. I will not change.

DisposableJustice
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Meh, not a fan of playing the album backwards; it'd be a lot cooler if they opened with Sandman, did the album then do 8 songs at the end....I do dig them bringing back the snake pit

Also James is wearing a bad ass vest in most of the photos from the tour page:rocker:

http://www.metallica.com/images/20120507_pics/05may0712_pic12.jpg

TonyD
05-08-2012, 12:28 AM
^ I don't know what's more embarrassing, their performance or the attempt to act like they're anything other than a bunch of fat and happy over the hill fucks cashing in on their past success.

LIVEtoROCK86
05-08-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm down with hearing three songs they've never done before live. I find it hard to believe people are complaining about this set.

MetalIsArt
05-08-2012, 03:01 AM
^ I don't know what's more embarrassing, their performance or the attempt to act like they're anything other than a bunch of fat and happy over the hill fucks cashing in on their past success.

Meshuggah will be the opener for the next tour. And their success isn't in the past. You can hate them all you want, but they are still selling out every seat in the house.

And they are not fat, it's kinda pathetic that some anti Metallica people can't debate in a reasonable way. How old are you?

I can whine for hours about Maiden's lesser records if you don't mind.

:tp:

El Gordo
05-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Meshuggah will be the opener for the next tour. And their success isn't in the past. You can hate them all you want, but they are still selling out every seat in the house.

And they are not fat, it's kinda pathetic that some anti Metallica people can't debate in a reasonable way. How old are you?

I can whine for hours about Maiden's lesser records if you don't mind.

:tp:

Tony's comment seems completely reasonable. You're the one giving a knee-jerk reaction. Let me get this straight though, any band who sells out shows right now isn't cashing in on past successes? Ha.

MetalIsArt
05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Tony's comment seems completely reasonable. You're the one giving a knee-jerk reaction. Let me get this straight though, any band who sells out shows right now isn't cashing in on past successes? Ha.

They made their OWN decision to make Load & Re-Load, not "BOB ROCK TEH DESTROYUR". We are 15 years later now.

I'm proud to be a Metallica fan, despite crapulu.

MetalIsArt
05-08-2012, 03:24 AM

And how's that a knee jerk reaction? Because I dare to defend MY favourite band, that happens to be Metallica?

Please.

brobertson32
05-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Metallica too is my favorite band. I actually love this set list.

And instead of bashing the bands I don't get into, I choose to skip over their set lists in general. Or if looking, I keep all remarks to myself. Not every band is for every person.

makethemsuffer12
05-08-2012, 06:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHQBtQwNNg

The Struggle Within. Sounds fucking awesome.

TheClairvoyant
05-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Pretty cool Metallica set imo, but the encore is pretty weak in my opinion

Sanitarium78
05-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Right, and when you got to see Van Halen and Iron Maiden this summer they're not cashing in by doing the exact same thing. You can't call one band out for it and not another. Not sure why you're calling them fat either considering the guys in Metallica have been skinny twigs since they started.

jhdeity
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHQBtQwNNg

The Struggle Within. Sounds fucking awesome.

I know I haven't listened to that song in 10+ years so that was pretty damn cool.

That intro makes me want to go see Ride the Lightning now. Sitting through all that hipster crap music would be brutal though...

MetalIsArt
05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Right, and when you got to see Van Halen and Iron Maiden this summer they're not cashing in by doing the exact same thing. You can't call one band out for it and not another. Not sure why you're calling them fat either considering the guys in Metallica have been skinny twigs since they started.

This.

El Gordo
05-08-2012, 07:20 AM
They made their OWN decision to make Load & Re-Load, not "BOB ROCK TEH DESTROYUR". We are 15 years later now.

I'm proud to be a Metallica fan, despite crapulu.

What does Load and Re-Load have to do with anything? Metallica's career for at least the past 10 years or so have been about cashing in on past success. It's OK, that's what happens when people run out of good ideas.

MetalIsArt
05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
What does Load and Re-Load have to do with anything? Metallica's career for at least the past 10 years or so have been about cashing in on past success. It's OK, that's what happens when people run out of good ideas.

And when other bands play entire albums and/or mainly old songs it's not cashing in, I take.

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Metallica's career for at least the past 10 years or so have been about cashing in on past success. It's OK, that's what happens when people run out of good ideas.I don't think they ran out of good ideas. Death Magnetic proved that. They just tried to go mainstream for a while, their fans gave them shit for it, and eventually they listened and went back to their roots and made a pretty damn decent comeback album. Nothing wrong with that, really. At the end of the day, it'd probably be better if they hadn't made Load, Reload and St. Anger, sure - but then we wouldn't have GIMMEFUGIMMEFAGIMMEDAWAZABAZA! :rocker:

Chris_M_S
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Whew, glad they did one of these shows already. I'm interviewing them Thursday so this already answers some of the obvious questions

hellawaits77ny
05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Jesus. Why don't people just stop bitching and defending. Every thread about Metallica turns into the same thing.

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Jesus. Why don't people just stop bitching and defending. Every thread about Metallica turns into the same thing.It annoys me too, but think of it this way - if people didn't, this place would be rather fucking boring...

swboyd
05-08-2012, 10:27 AM
I Sitting through all that hipster crap music would be brutal though...

What exactly qualifies as hipster crap nowadays? Modest Mouse and The Arctic Monkeys?

cristianrock
05-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Great! nice idea of play it backwards, however I'm tired of S&D as a closure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHXJWhrcT8
My Friend of Misery, sounds awesome

JRA
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Honestly, I think they figured out they were an oldies show back in 2003 and haven't changed since.