PDA

View Full Version : Original DIO line-up to tour

ravenheart
05-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Vivian Campbell: "I met up with the original Dio band guys, Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain and Claude Schnell again last night. Now that I've brushed-up on how to play those solos again, we're planning to jam some more and plan to do some gigs, too. We found a great singer who can really do justice to Ronnie's parts."

*sigh* Depending on the singer, I might see this though, if it comes here.

John The Drummer
05-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Every Dio tribute band should just tour together.

ravenheart
05-04-2012, 05:59 AM
The only possible way this can work is if they use Jorn Lande, Asim Searah or Marco Hietala. I've seen no evidence from anyone else not already in a Dio tribute band who could do it. Unless they pull some unknown out of thin air, which could also be interesting.

I have to say though, Sabbath and Dio are the only two acts I remain interested in seeing this many tribute bands for. I've seen two Dio tribute shows so far, and am looking forward to seeing more.

In terms of combining, all the members of Dio should tour together. You've got two former members in Southern Cross, three in Dio Disciples, and now four others in this band. They should all play together with lots of singers and play songs from ALL of the albums.

slapguitarer
05-04-2012, 06:55 AM
This needs to stop already. Too many people trying to capitalize on Dio's death.

IrritatedTrout
05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
This needs to stop already. Too many people trying to capitalize on Dio's death.

This. Especially since Viv is an asshole and hated Dio anyways.

anomynous
05-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Especially Wendy Dio.

Thrasher-NY
05-04-2012, 09:02 AM
This. Especially since Viv is an asshole and hated Dio anyways.

EXACTLY! Vivian Campbell is an ungrateful POSER!! Screw Him!
Total phony....mercenary

Caped Crusader
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
We found a great singer who can really do justice to Ronnie's parts."

Unless Ronnie's ghost is hanging around, the only other person who could possibly compare to him is Jorn Lande. Possibly Bruce Dickinson, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Dextrimental
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
My question is, where's the PanterA tribute/reunion? Seems to be the last big metal iconic band that hasn't been tributed or reunited for a tour! I guess the remaining members are making enough money without it....

makethemsuffer12
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
My question is, where's the PanterA tribute/reunion? Seems to be the last big metal iconic band that hasn't been tributed or reunited for a tour! I guess the remaining members are making enough money without it....

Or maybe people respect the legacy more considering the fucked up way Dime went. If anything I'm glad it hasn't happened.

snowdog2112
05-04-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwZBo8FQvo&feature=player_detailpage:rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm interested even though I find it odd Viv would play in a tribute band of a man who wished he would "fucking die."

I know I'm in the minority but I'm all for these Dio tributes, since I can't see the man himself anymore.

Now if only these tribute bands would realize Dio/Sabbath had more songs than Heaven and Hell and The Mob Rules.

So I'm guessing this new tribute band with Viv and Co. won't be going past Sacred Heart for their material.