PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts(or Shirt) that hold memories..

Sepultura69
05-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I know some of you gotta have em'. The reason i decided to create this thread was a little incident that happen a couple weeks ago. A giant hole tore into my favorite sepultura shirt which I've had since 2007, and it's held a lot of epic memories, I decided to take it to a place to get it stitched up and fixed cause the hole is FAR TOO big for me to do this kind of thing, it's suppose to be ready by tomorrow. I would be pissed the fuck off if i ever lost this shirt. I remember one time I was moving out from Placentia back to irvine after getting into some scuffles with my ex roommates and I went through hell and high water to look for that shirt and eventually found it. It's not only one of my favorite shirts but it looks really old school and faded out, like vintage style. And i've gotten many compliments from random people on how awesome the shirt is. It's a black shirt with the bands name in green(the beneath the remains era sepultura logo), with all four original members right underneath the name, during their young "hey days". It's not only one of my favorite shirts but a reason to why I'm making this thread..

I've probably worn this shirt at over a zillion dozen shows from hip hop to Metal. To be precise, I have worn this shirt at the following shows, just to name a few at the top of my head:

Scion Rock Fest: Morbid Angel, Obituary, Immolation, Atheist, Anaal Nathrakh, Wormrot, Integrity, Cough, Nails
Metal Masters: Judas Priest, Testament, Motorhead, and BLACK Sabbath(with Dio ;))
Judas Priest Farewell epitaph gig in november 2011
The Big Four in indio California
Slayer @ Mayhem fest 2009
American Carnage: Slayer, megadeth, Testament
Carcass, Suffocation, Repulsion, Exodus @ California Metal Fest
Thrasho De Mayo: Evil Dead Reunion :tongue:
Sepultura @ Anahiem House of blues
Sepultura @ Hollywood House of Blues
Sepultura @ San Diego House of Blues :D
Sepultura @ Yost theater in Sant Ana :D
Warbringer headlining show @ the Whisky in summer of 2010
Souly Fly
NAPALM DEATH
Power of the Riff: Pentagram, EYEHATEGOD, pelican, Winter
Kreator w/Exodus @ hollywood house of blues
Destruction @ Chain Reaction in 2009
Death Angel @ Chain reaction in 2011
Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan @ Rock the Bells 2007 :eyes:

Just to name a few. This shirt holds a lot of great memories, many epic fights, pits, moshing, and all around great shows that I have attended. I would flip a bitch if I lost this shirt. :flame:

Out of all my favorite times wearing this shirt, it would easily have to be at my first sepultura show in anahiem, the big four in california, seeing Slayer play one of my favorite albums ever in it's entirety(Seasons in the Abyss), seeing the Legendary Carcass, and Napalm Death. Those are the ones that always stick out to me the most.

I know some of you guys have them, so please do share :cool:

adamclark52
05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I love my Darkthrone 'Transylvanian Hunger' shirt just because I think it fucking rules!

christopher
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I think the most common shirts I'm found in are my Hank III and Archgoat shirts haha

Sepultura69
05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I think the most common shirts I'm found in are my Hank III and Archgoat shirts haha

Yeah, the first time I saw you was at the Grave show and you wearing an Archgoat shirt :tongue:

masterguy49
05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I've noticed every time I wear a Deftones shirt, I've had great luck. Good grades, good luck with girls, etc. Other than that I don't think I have to many huge memories with shirts.

ShatteredFlame
05-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I learned in college that my DRI black logo shirt and my Wolfbrigade - Comalive black shirt are the only 2 real metal shirts I wear that get recognized on a regular basis by hardcore and punk fans.

My white God Is An Astronaut shirt with name of the band and some sun symbol thing is always something people like to comment on. A lot of girls say they like the symbol and the name of the band is always questioned.

christopher
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, the first time I saw you was at the Grave show and you wearing an Archgoat shirt :tongue:

I also wear my Wormrot shirt a lot. My gf gets pissed cause I wear it every time we go to Disneyland :lol:

christopher
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I've noticed every time I wear a Deftones shirt, I've had great luck. Good grades, good luck with girls, etc. Other than that I don't think I have to many huge memories with shirts.

I seem to have good luck with girls in my Lack of Interest and Shrinebuilder shirts haha

rjturtle9
05-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I also wear my Wormrot shirt a lot. My gf gets pissed cause I wear it every time we go to Disneyland :lol:

:lol: Which shirt is it?

Dextrimental
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Slayer 2006 tour shirt - My first piece of concert merchandise, and my big first big metal concert.

Trivium Blue Angel Ascendancy shirt - My brother bought me this t shirt for the Christmas before I seen them live for the first time.

Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction shirt, with G N F''N R'S on the back - First band t shirt I ever bough period.

Graspop 2009 shirt - My first metal festival.

Down 2008 Tour shirt - Just great memories tied with that concert and around that time.

Apart from that, some of my shirts have some seriously bad memories tied with them haha. I've retired most of my tour shirts now because I just have too many, I'll always keep the tour ones, but I'm considering selling some of my non tour ones, I just don't wear them.

John The Drummer
05-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I am not sure if any of you were familiar with the Seattle band NME, but they were pretty big in the underground scene with their "Unholy Death" album back in the 80's. I finally got one of their shirts after their guitarist, Kurt, commited suicide some years ago by driving off of a bridge. I never met the guy in person, but we talked online quite a bit when I was young and getting started in my bands. He definitely went out of his way for helping me learn the ways of being in an up and coming band.

Another shirt I wear a lot is my Absu shirt. My girlfriend got it for me for my birthday two years ago, and since we are in a situation where we haven't been with each other physically for over a year now, I wear it all of the time. (sorry to be all mushy :D)

larvtard
05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I remember in 2010-2011 that every single metal show I went to that I wore my Vektor shirt, people always commented. I don't think it'll happen as much now, now that they're getting insanely popular, but a year or two ago they were probably the most beloved underground band

christopher
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
:lol: Which shirt is it?

I have two Wormrot shirts. One with the Abuse cover on it and another with the Dirge cover on it. I don't think I've worn the Dirge one to dland, but have worn the Abuse one a bunch of times, especially on days we are hanging out in fantasyland :lol:

IrritatedTrout
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Love all my concert shirts, only wear 'em to shows though. I guess if I had to pick my most important ones it'd be my Maiden Florida '09 and '11, and New York '10 shirts.

BloodoftheKings
05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Just recently I found my old Rob Zombie shirt from the 7th grade and it fits again since I've lost weight. I bought that shirt at the first concert I've ever been too and it might be the first band shirt I've ever bought.

Nick_to_the_face
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM
My Cannibal Corpse Tomb of the Mutilated shirt is one that I've always had good times with :D though my girlfriend doesn't care for it much :lol:

OraclesofAgony
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
My Behemoth - Pazuzu shirt because it was the first band shirt I ever bought, and it's still wearable. :tongue:

Recently my Hour of Penance - The Vile Conception shirt has become my go-to shirt. I've only had it for about a month because it was impossible for me to find one until I finally saw them live.

Christen
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM
My Megadeth Gigantour 2008 t-shirt because it was the first shirt I bought at a show as well as my first Iron Maiden and Def Leppard shirts because they were gifts from a friend.