PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Montreal, Quebec -- May 2nd, 2012

VoidFlame
05-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Venue: Bell Center
Opening band: Sleigh Bells

The same friend that went to Rammstein also went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers. Here's the set.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Monarchy Of Roses
Around the World
Scar Tissue
Dani California
Charlie
Look Around
Throw Away Your Television
The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
Can’t Stop
Emit Remmus
Under The Bridge
Goodbye Hooray
Californication
Higher Ground
By The Way

------------------

Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Give It Away

ravenheart
05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Aw, look at RHCP pretending they've got more than one song.

Chris_M_S
05-03-2012, 06:55 AM
I'd have to go back and check, but these sets look shorter than what they were playing in, say, 2003 when I saw them. Would be cool to see "I Could Have Lied" but at this point they've put out two albums I haven't listened to and it would be tough to drag myself out to the show. We'll see what happens when they come to St. Louis if there are cheap tickets on Stubhub, maybe I'll go anyway, 9 years is a long time. I miss Frusciante, though, he was my favorite part of the band.

Chris_M_S
05-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah, this is 18 songs, and they did 21 when I saw them. I guess not a massive, massive difference, but I'm just a stickler sometimes. They played a few pretty rad songs when I went: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/red-hot-chili-peppers/2003/smirnoff-music-centre-dallas-tx-3bd7a880.html

Now that I look at it, 2 of the songs on this setlist are just quick little covers Frusciante would do mid-set during a gear change or something, plus "They're Red Hot," which is super short. So it ends up being the same number of songs, basically.

Steev
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
wow, that's a pretty weak setlist

kinda glad I saw them when I did in 2000

MetalIsArt
05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Still, almost no "real" old material.

bigguytoo9
05-03-2012, 08:55 AM
I saw RHCP w/ JOHN on guitar (rightfully) back in 2006. It was a rockin gig but even then the setlist was pretty weak, The Mars Volta opened. Without that Meth head on Guitar this band is nothing exciting in my eyes. Flea stole the show btw.

Chris_M_S
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I hear John is off the wagon again, though I'm not sure what he's supposed to be partaking in. For a guy who says he loves music so much, the fact that he was more prolific making solo material while a member of the Chili Peppers than he's been since his departure is a little troubling.

Sepultura69
05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots in september of 2000 during their "Californication" tour. My mom took me, it was my first concert ever. I was only 12 years old when I attended the show. This was also when John Frusciante was still in the band. It was a nice a gift after being stuck in the middle east/Iran for the last 6 months and for most of the summer. When I returned home to america my mother surprised me with two tickets to see RHCP :D

I know this was a somewhat useless post and didn't really offer anything to the table, or critiquing of this current setlist, but eh, I figure I should just drop my 2 cents on here while this thread is still fresh and running. I guess since i saw Red Hot Chili peppers with John Frusciante during the "californication" tour, that makes me old school :D

MetalIsArt
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots in september of 2000 during their "Californication" tour. My mom took me, it was my first concert ever. I was only 12 years old when I attended the show. This was also when John Frusciante was still in the band. It was a nice a gift after being stuck in the middle east/Iran for the last 6 months and for most of the summer. When I returned home to america my mother surprised me with two tickets to see RHCP :D

I know this was a somewhat useless post and didn't really offer anything to the table, or critiquing of this current setlist, but eh, I figure I should just drop my 2 cents on here while this thread is still fresh and running. I guess since i saw Red Hot Chili peppers with John Frusciante during the "californication" tour, that makes me old school :D

Californication is still a great record imho.

Chris_M_S
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
A lot of those songs still really stand up. "Parallel Universe" really stood out at the live show, but it may have been because the video visuals were so intense and trippy during that one. But "Around the World" totally rips off "Breadfan," right?

slapguitarer
05-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah, not the best setlist. It'll still be a fun time.

Steev
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Californication is still a great record imho.

it's ok, I remember seeing them in 2000 when the Foo Fighters opened, and except for "Me and My Friends" literally the set was nothing but songs off "Californication" and "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik"

always bummed me out how they ignore "One Hot Minute" and "Mothers Milk"

adamclark52
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
it's ok, I remember seeing them in 2000 when the Foo Fighters opened, and except for "Me and My Friends" literally the set was nothing but songs off "Californication" and "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik"

always bummed me out how they ignore "One Hot Minute" and "Mothers Milk"

One Hot Minute had some great songs on it.

Kapper
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
One Hot Minute had some great songs on it.

Agree agree agree. I would have thought that since Frusciante is out, they'd maybe play a couple of tunes off of One Hot Minute - "Warped", "My Friends" and "Aeroplane" are great Chili's songs

Dextrimental
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Very glad I seen RHCP in 2004, can barely remember the show, but the setlist was much better than this, and they did a full 2-2 and a half hour show. I may someday see them again if they play at a very convenient time, but I can't see myself ever trying too hard to catch them again.

MetalIsArt
05-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Agree agree agree. I would have thought that since Frusciante is out, they'd maybe play a couple of tunes off of One Hot Minute - "Warped", "My Friends" and "Aeroplane" are great Chili's songs

They are, and that album contains awesome drumming by Chad.

jd091
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
No Sleigh Bells set?!

masterguy49
05-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Weird that Sleigh Bells opened. i couldn't imagine them being fun in a arena :tongue:

mastodon421
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
No Sleigh Bells set?!

I found one on setlist.fm
True Shred Guitar
Crown on the Ground
Infinity Guitars
Kids
End of the Line
Born to Lose
Never Say Die
Tell Em'
Comeback Kid
Riot Rhythm
Demons
A/B Machines

Better than the Chilli Peppers set actually:lol:

jd091
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I found one on setlist.fm
True Shred Guitar
Crown on the Ground
Infinity Guitars
Kids
End of the Line
Born to Lose
Never Say Die
Tell Em'
Comeback Kid
Riot Rhythm
Demons
A/B Machines

Better than the Chilli Peppers set actually:lol:

Oh hell yeah. I saw RHCP back in '06, with the REAL lineup, so I could care less about 'em now. But I still need to see Sleigh Bells... really bad...

masterguy49
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh hell yeah. I saw RHCP back in '06, with the REAL lineup, so I could care less about 'em now. But I still need to see Sleigh Bells... really bad...

Yes you do, they are so much fun live! :D

300%_Density
05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I probably would have enjoyed seeing them around BSSM but don't think any time after. They used to be fairly crazy & unpredictable on stage. Anymore they make Nickelback seem edgy. No thanks.

MetalMarkLI
05-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Im seeing them tomorrow in Jersey.
Im not a big fan of RHCP at all, but certainly looking forward to see them.
Free ticket as well ;)