PDA

View Full Version : Shadows Fall -- San Antonio, TX -- May 1st, 2012

maxpower
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
This was the first date of the Fear Factory / Shadows Fall Tour. Unfortunately I couldn't stick around for all of Fear Factory but got to see about 6 songs. It was cool to see Dino back up there. Everyone seemed to be having a good time in both Shadows Fall and Fear Factory. The openners were Legacy of Disorder, The Devastated and The Browning. I wasn't familiar with any of them, but all were entertaining and a solid mix of music.

Brian had problems with his mic the first few songs, and eventually ended up taking Jonathan's mic. Shadows Fall is one of my favorite bands and I think always bring it live. Definitely full of energy. They played a few new songs and they all sounded good; no crazy changes in their sound just solid Shadows Fall. Setlist as follows

thoughts without words
still I rise
divide and conquer (new song)
stepping outside the circle
the power of I and I
fire from the sky (new song)
king of nothing
what drives the weak
the unknown (new song)
the light that binds

Unfortunately like I said it was getting late and I had an early morning so I only stayed for the first 5-6 Fear Factory songs, but they sounds great too.

x-voltage
05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Can't wait to go to this show. Two great bands.

John The Drummer
05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't think this tour is coming to Seattle, but I really hope to check out Fear Factory some day. I love a lot of their releases, but everytime they tour I'm normally playing a show the same night, plus Gene Hoglan on drums!? Hellz yeah.

As for Shadows Fall, I got tired of them quickly since all of their albums/songs sound exactly the same.

Blacktooth85
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't think this tour is coming to Seattle, but I really hope to check out Fear Factory some day. I love a lot of their releases, but everytime they tour I'm normally playing a show the same night, plus Gene Hoglan on drums!? Hellz yeah.

As for Shadows Fall, I got tired of them quickly since all of their albums/songs sound exactly the same.

Gene Hoglan isn't playing with Fear Factory anymore. A guy named Mike Heller from the band System Divide is the new drummer. Don't know much about him, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.

MPF
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Gene Hoglan isn't playing with Fear Factory anymore. A guy named Mike Heller from the band System Divide is the new drummer. Don't know much about him, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.

He's a hell of a drummer too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhisGLZCxiA

cristianrock
05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Gene Hoglan is playing with Testament right now

John The Drummer
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM

AAHHHHH REALLY!?!??!? :bouville:

(sic)&disturbed
05-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Gene Hoglan is playing with Testament right now

Someone stole Gene's boots!