PDA

View Full Version : Baroness -- Dallas, TX -- April 30th, 2012

natureboy
05-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Opening for Meshuggah at House of Blues (sorry, didn't stay for their set and wouldn't have known their songs had I stayed). Decapitated was first on the bill but I only caught the last half of their last song.

Ogeechee Hymnal
A Horse Called Golgotha
New song ("I will be home again")
Steel That Sleeps the Eye
Swollen and Halo
The Gnashing
Take My Bones Away
Bullhead's Psalm
The Sweetest Curse
Isak

Obviously lots of Blue Record(:horns:), only one Red song (:mad:) and two new tracks. New ones sounded good, looking forward to the new album.

Chris_M_S
05-01-2012, 06:53 AM
What venue did they play? I'm a Dallas native, just curious. I could look it up but I'm feeling pretty lazy this morning

natureboy
05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Sorry, House of Blues. I will edit the post.

bigguytoo9
05-01-2012, 07:05 AM
One week till I see this in Van. Will totally do up a review for it. Btw, at least if there's only ONE Red Album song, its ISAK!!!

Chris_M_S
05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Ah, the HOB didn't really get up and running until I moved away. I think I walked through a Perry Farrell show in the small room there once, watched "Mountain Song" and left. Sorry, guess that's irrelevant here.

bigguytoo9
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Ah, the HOB didn't really get up and running until I moved away. I think I walked through a Perry Farrell show in the small room there once, watched "Mountain Song" and left. Sorry, guess that's irrelevant here.
DJ set? or what?

Chris_M_S
05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
I think it was with Satellite Party but he still played some Jane's stuff. I literally just walked into the room, saw the song, and walked out. I miss having a town where I knew everyone and could just breeze in and out of stuff like that.

VoidFlame
05-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Damn, I can't complain about this set. It's going to be my first time seeing them, can't wait!!

jd091
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Aw man, I'd like something from First or Second. Oh well.

bigguytoo9
05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Aw man, I'd like something from First or Second. Oh well.
I wonder how long it's been since they've played any of that material. Red Album/Blue Record we're probably good enough to tour on for quite some time.

slapguitarer
05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm disappointed that they're only doing one song off Red Album, again. And it's Isak, again. I do love that song though. Most of the other stuff I've seen before, but I'm much more familiar with it now. Will be an awesome show regardless! :rocker:

HugeRockStar
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Looking forward to seeing them as I don't think they've toured here for Blue Record, if they did I missed it, so I'm fine with this set. I saw them with Genghis Tron and Bison BC when they were touring Red and they played pretty much that whole album that night.

Autojector
05-02-2012, 08:15 AM
I wonder how long it's been since they've played any of that material. Red Album/Blue Record we're probably good enough to tour on for quite some time.

It's not that rare for them to do "Tower Falls" or "Red Sky." Can't wait to see them in the fall!