Use My Third Arm
Walk (with Andreas Kisser)
Strength Beyond Strength
Domination / Hollow
Becoming / Throes of Rejection
5 Minutes Alone
Fucking Hostile
This Love
Seek & Destroy (Metallica cover) (with Jason Newsted)
Whiplash (Metallica cover) (with Jason Newsted) (Dimebag on Vocals, and Phil on Guitar)
Primal Concrete Sledge
Planet Caravan (Black Sabbath cover) (with Chuck Billy)
Cowboys From Hell

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pantera/1994/san-jose-arena-san-jose-ca-63d64aaf.html

Sounds like an amazing show, especially with those guests!

John The Drummer
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
WTF!?!!!?!?!?! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris_M_S
04-28-2012, 08:18 AM
The YouTube footage of the Pantera/Metallica jam is pretty great, Phil rips and Dime is having a blast

JRA
04-28-2012, 08:31 AM
TBH, a little bit disappointing at the lack of stuff from FBD, considering it was their #1 album. No 25 Years? No Slaughtered? No fucking I'm Broken? I'm Broken was a single and a video for christ sakes!

velvetgrass
04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
A close friend of mine said he saw Pantera with Type O Negative as the opening band in Madison, Wisconsin on the Far Beyond Driven tour. The problem is I can't find a date or any idea of when that would have been. If somebody could help me find the date or the specific leg of the tour I would appreciate it!

elturtleboy
04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
:blaze:

adamclark52
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Almost the same setlist from when I saw them opening for Black Sabbath in 1999, albeit a little more expanded and with all those guests. Regarless, Pantera were awesome (the new song though....)

John The Drummer
04-28-2012, 02:09 PM
TBH, a little bit disappointing at the lack of stuff from FBD, considering it was their #1 album. No 25 Years? No Slaughtered? No fucking I'm Broken? I'm Broken was a single and a video for christ sakes!

It also lacks songs from Projects, Power Metal, I am the Night, and Metal Magic ;)

JRA
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
It also lacks songs from Projects, Power Metal, I am the Night, and Metal Magic ;)

Except FBD was their current album at the time, smartass.

sarsip
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I saw the Pantera/Type O show in Montreal. March 4th 1995. The whole night was amazing! Type O played Blood Kisses:drool:...........

Phil got in a bit of trouble with Security.

I miss Pantera, so great!!

stomper622
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Wow, thanks for posting this. I was at this show and vividly remember it.

No band could match Pantera in the early to mid 90's.

Thanks!

PhonicsMonkey
04-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Pantera did play those songs on the first leg. I saw them three times on that tour, all in Detroit, and the first leg was at the State Theatre in April. They played I'm Broken and Slaughtered.

There was a third leg in early 1995, which Type O Negative opened. The shirts stated 'Far Beyond Civilization', as it was mostly secondary markets. They played the Michigan State Fairgrounds Coliseum in Detroit in February of 1995, so the Wisconsin date was right around there, I'd guess. I will have to dig out my old spiral bound notebooks. I attended tons of Metal shows, and wrote down all of the setlists.

endless_pain
04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
I saw this tour at Floatrite Park in Somerset WI on 8/13/94. I think they played I'm Broken. I was up front and I remember being really squashed. A couple of songs into it, they had to stop the show because the baricades were breaking. Phil had to ask everyone in the crowd to take 2 steps back so the could re-enforce them. That took probably about 10 min before they could start the show again.

Sepultura were supposed to open but, I guess Max had knee surgery and couldn't play. A MN band opened instead, along with Prong.

I'm glad I was able to catch this tour!