Rock Is Dead
Personal Jesus
Pistol Whipped (Manson on guitar)
Tourniquet
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Sweet Dreams
Antichrist Superstar (w/ podium)
The Beautiful People

Coma White was played during soundcheck.

stylesclash516
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Not bad although I was really hoping he would bring back Angel With The Scabbed Wings.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I like it. Pistol Whipped may be my favorite song off the new album. How was his performance?

eyes_of_the_south
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Very solid performance all around. Manson himself had us worried with that disaster that was the first leg of the tour and the Gold Gods. But, all around good performance. The new songs still need a bit more polishing live, but still good.

Slo-Mo-Tion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM1JZxkFadQ credit goes to twitter.com/basetendencies

Not the best quality, but good enough to get an idea.

bobbie solo
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
too many hits/singles. Could remove 4 of these 5: Disposable Teens, Rock Is Dead, Love Song, Mobscene & Personal Jesus for some deeper cuts from Antichrist, Portrait, Mechanical Animals, Holywood or even something off the newer albums that no one likes. And of course he should be playing for much, much longer. But Manson tours are cashgrabs now for his habit, so it's to be expected. sad.

christopher
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Hmm that setlist is awful. I've seen all the good songs from that. The new songs I've heard so far are terrible, so unless I really like other songs off of the new album, I'm not sure I'm going to see him anytime soon. I was really hoping he would keep Dried up, Tied up and Dead to the World in his set...

eyes_of_the_south
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
too many hits/singles. Could remove 4 of these 5: Disposable Teens, Rock Is Dead, Love Song, Mobscene & Personal Jesus for some deeper cuts from Antichrist, Portrait, Mechanical Animals, Holywood or even something off the newer albums that no one likes.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. Sweet Dreams has probably been played at every show since it made it's debut. Same goes for Disposable Teens and Rock Is Dead. I can understand The Beautiful People being a staple, but even that could go.

There are plenty songs I would personally love that haven't been played in years or at all...

Deformography
Angel With the Scabbed Wings
Kinderfeld
Target Audience
Burning Flag
The Death Song
Mechanical Animals (It was in the set a few years back, but still)
Disassociative
Organ Grinder
Cyclops
Dope Hat (hearing this live again would be awesome)
I Put A Spell On You (as the live cover)

TripKore
04-28-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm not the biggest Manson fan. I used to be into him up until 02/03? I was excited to see him on his 2009 run. And that was such an awful set/performance. So going into this show filming for a buddy, I was in for a snooze fest. Boy was I wrong, Last night set was amazing, so much energy, and it sounded like he was actually trying aside from the few 2012 live pro shot performances over seas and revolver more recently. So heres some quality footage shot by my wife BLiND

Manson - Beautiful People
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loior9_b6Y

Manson - Sweet Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuW6Izu0bU

Manson - Disposible Teens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdyjBTnZoQ4

more to come, also filmed mushroomhead, hedpe, american head charge the night before, videos are all up on the channel www.youtube.com/user/XPlicitConcerts

Take Care

Happy Bunny
04-28-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm seeing this show Sunday night. How was the crowd? Set time?

I coulda sworn Twiggy was still in the band. Bummer.

detuned
04-28-2012, 06:12 AM
I coulda sworn Twiggy was still in the band. Bummer.
he is still in the band. guitarist in the dress in the above videos.

jhdeity
04-28-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm not the biggest Manson fan. I used to be into him up until 02/03? I was excited to see him on his 2009 run. And that was such an awful set/performance. So going into this show filming for a buddy, I was in for a snooze fest. Boy was I wrong, Last night set was amazing, so much energy, and it sounded like he was actually trying aside from the few 2012 live pro shot performances over seas and revolver more recently. So heres some quality footage shot by my wife BLiND

Manson - Beautiful People
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loior9_b6Y

Manson - Sweet Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuW6Izu0bU

Manson - Disposible Teens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdyjBTnZoQ4

more to come, also filmed mushroomhead, hedpe, american head charge the night before, videos are all up on the channel www.youtube.com/user/XPlicitConcerts

Take Care

Nice clips man. The HEd PE - Waiting to Die video is actually Manson sounding like total crap singing Rock is Dead. You have a setlist for Hed PE?

The 1st time I heard Cake & Sodomy I thought I'd be a Manson fan for life but that setlist it total shit to me. His set should be at least 30% Portrait and Antichrist rather than 2 songs. FAIL!

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Wow, you weren't kididng. Judging by those videos, his performance was actually pretty decent. That seems like a really tiny stage for them, though. For some reason I expected more of a stage show. Also, has anyone else noticed that the longer Manson is in the public eye, the more he starts to look like early 90's Trent Reznor?

Happy Bunny
04-28-2012, 07:41 AM
he is still in the band. guitarist in the dress in the above videos.

Aha, gotcha. Just figured he was on bass.

smearCampaign
04-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Also, has anyone else noticed that the longer Manson is in the public eye, the more he starts to look like early 90's Trent Reznor?

The NIN Gave Up video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yVpw1SwJRBI#t=69s) lets you see Manson and Trent side by side in '92.

I think Reznor has been Manson's muse since day one.

electrocute1031
04-28-2012, 07:52 AM
so last nights show was pretty fun. The longer the show went on however the more he seemed to be going through the motions (most notably during Tourniquet and Anti Christ Superstar). Other theatrics, besides the podium included confetti during rock is dead, and a device which blew smoke during the love song (I might be wrong on the song). The crowd itself was pretty mixed, when some pits broke out some people left the floor. Everyone was having a good time, and enjoyed every song he played. I wish he would have swapped some songs out, and or played longer, was bummed songs like Coma White, 1996, little horn, which were on the set list previously weren't played. The Pretty Reckless were okay, I expected them to be worse, but they were fun to say the least. Overall I'm glad I went, and my girlfriend loved it, so that was a bonus.

Pretty Reckless: 5.0

Marilyn Manson: 8.0

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-28-2012, 08:00 AM
The NIN Gave Up video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yVpw1SwJRBI#t=69s) lets you see Manson and Trent side by side in '92.

I think Reznor has been Manson's muse since day one.

He was definitely his muse. But in the past few years, they've had a pretty big falling out, which makes it weirder, in my opinion.

RampinUp46
04-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Hey, Cruel World...
Disposable Teens
The Love Song
No Reflection
mOBSCENE
The Dope Show
Slo-Mo-Tion
Rock Is Dead
Personal Jesus
Pistol Whipped (Manson on guitar)
Tourniquet
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Sweet Dreams
Antichrist Superstar (w/ podium)
The Beautiful People

Would love to see Antichrist Superstar and Personal Jesus live (especially if Manson got picketed like back in the 90's), however it's not a strong enough set to make me pick going 100+ miles to San Antonio in order to see him as opposed to taking the bus to see Eyehategod downtown on that same night.

...Plus his voice has been really sucky since 2003. Either he needs to stick to drinking and doing drugs only after his shows, or he needs to re-learn how to sing.

:2cents:

christopher
04-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Would love to see Antichrist Superstar and Personal Jesus live (especially if Manson got picketed like back in the 90's), however it's not a strong enough set to make me pick going 100+ miles to San Antonio in order to see him as opposed to taking the bus to see Eyehategod downtown on that same night.

...Plus his voice has been really sucky since 2003. Either he needs to stick to drinking and doing drugs only after his shows, or he needs to re-learn how to sing.

:2cents:

go see EHG, it will be way better than manson

RampinUp46
04-30-2012, 08:01 AM
go see EHG, it will be way better than manson

I plan to, man. No real contest there.