PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

es156
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I have missed so many shows lately that I should probably create The Official 'Missed Shows' Thread instead. But regardless, here is The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread Part II. Have at it.

christopher
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I am going to see Weekend Nachos with ACxDC in a few hours :D

treghet
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I didn't even notice the other thread had reached 666. As for my upcoming shows, I'm really looking forward to the Occupation Domination tour next weekend. :D

masterguy49
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
THIRD.

IrritatedTrout
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Mastodon, Megadeth / Rob Zombie, and college graduation all coming up the week of May 6 -13.:D

kalfitegrdan
04-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I didn't even notice the other thread had reached 666. As for my upcoming shows, I'm really looking forward to the Occupation Domination tour next weekend. :D

Occupation Damnation tomorrow! :party:

Also seeing Nice Peter (the creator of Epic Rap Battles of History) live on Saturday.

GarageMetal468
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Origin tomorrow as well!

christopher
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm going to see Coffin Hunter on May 3rd for free in Hollywood. Jack Gibson from Exodus plays banjo and is the lead singer of the band!

Target at the Market (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luw-0tQeLOw)

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I am going to see Weekend Nachos with ACxDC in a few hours :D

I hate you. ;)

brutal_descent
04-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Kind of conflicted about going to see Red Fang next month; the only reason why I shouldn't is that I have a role in a major performance the day after that will pretty much determine whether I pass my theatre class. On the other hand, if I go, I get to interview the band, and have a kick-ass evening! I'll probably end up going to see Scott Kelly's solo show the week before if I don't see Red Fang though, so win-win.

/whiny rant :eyes:

street_burial
04-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Got my pit ticket for Mayhem Fest the other day, Getting my ticket for Six Feet Under from a local band next week, ordering Summer Slaughter tickets next week, and ordering a ticket today to see Crossfade in June.

And I got a summer job at an outdoor venue that was popular in the 80's that's re-opening so I'll be working the first show which is Kix

IrritatedTrout
04-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Got my pit ticket for Mayhem Fest the other day, Getting my ticket for Six Feet Under from a local band next week, ordering Summer Slaughter tickets next week, and ordering a ticket today to see Crossfade in June.

And I got a summer job at an outdoor venue that was popular in the 80's that's re-opening so I'll be working the first show which is Kix

What venue?

TonyD
04-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Mastodon, Megadeth / Rob Zombie, and college graduation all coming up the week of May 6 -13.:D

Nice, I'm jealous.

Mastodon/Opeth tonight. I'll be wearing my Kyuss Kiss logo shirt if any of you creeps are going.

street_burial
04-27-2012, 01:02 PM
What venue?

Shiley Acres

dcmetal108
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Got Day 2 of The Rumble tomorrow. 100 Demons, Cruel Hand, Trapped Under Ice, Harm's Way, The Mongoloids, Death Threat and more! Oh yeah and I'll be hanging out with JD for most of the day.

TonyD
04-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Peeked at the Meshuggah sets from the Euro tour :wow:

mastodon421
04-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Rammstein tonight!

christopher
04-29-2012, 01:03 PM
I just bought my tickets to see Death Grips on July 1st at the Echoplox :D

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2012, 01:07 PM

:fist:

At around 1 am last night I was reminded that i'm supposed to see Marilyn Manson tonight. This can be fun I guess.

christopher
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM

At around 1 am last night I was reminded that i'm supposed to see Marilyn Manson tonight. This can be fun I guess.

Ughh I'm sorry to hear that. I would be really pissed if I bought tickets to this tour. Please post a review if you can.

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Ughh I'm sorry to hear that. I would be really pissed if I bought tickets to this tour. Please post a review if you can.

I'm going for free.

VoidFlame
04-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Voivod's playing the entire Dimension Hatröss album at the Sala Rossa on June 7th :party::party::party:

Natrlhi
04-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Voivod's playing the entire Dimension Hatröss albumboner boner boner fap fap fap

...at [someplace far, far away from where I live] on June 7th :party::party::party:boner lost

Natrlhi
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Peeked at the Meshuggah sets from the Euro tour :wow:Looks like they're playing almost the same set here, too. Take a peek at the set from Houston last night (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/meshuggah/2012/house-of-blues-houston-tx-5bde4be4.html).

christopher
05-02-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm going to try and drag my gf to see Jason and the Punknecks this Thursday in LA. They're so awesome live!

BloodoftheKings
05-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Just found out Cerebral Ballzy is opening for OFF! at the NYC show. :rocker:

masterguy49
05-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Lucky! They're my #1 need to see right now, next to Terror :bouville:

makethemsuffer12
05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
So I think my friends and I are gonna have an epic nu-metal weekend this summer. Gonna drive out to Holmdel to see SOAD, crash the night in Brooklyn, then drive out to Hartford for Mayhem fest early in the morning. SOAD one night, Slipknot the next. 14 year old me is stoked as fuck.

ravenheart
05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Ahem...

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/blacksabbath2012birminghamposter.jpg

So yeah:

MAY
05 - Primordial - London
13 - 3 Inches of Blood/Havok/Angelus Apatrida - London
19 - Black Sabbath - Birmingham
23 - Guns N' Roses - Newcastle
26 - Judas Priest/Saxon - London
30 - Jettblack - London?

JUNE
6-9 - Sweden Rock Festival - Solvesborg
11 - Saint Vitus - London?
12 - Megadeth - London
14 - Chantel McGregor - London
16 - Chris Cornell - Manchester
18 - Guns N' Roses - Montpelier
20 - Godsmack - London
29 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper - Camden, NJ
30 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper - Bristow, VA

JULY
04 - Gov't Mule - London
15 - Jon Oliva's Pain - London
27 - Tony Martin - Birmingham

SEPTEMBER
07 - Jon Amor Blues Group - London
15 - Fu Manchu - London
21 - W.A.S.P. - London
22 - Marshall Amps 50 Years of Loud Live - London

OCTOBER
07 - Overkill - London
16 - Joanne Shaw Taylor - London
22 - Leprous - London

NOVEMBER
04 - Astral Doors - London
18 - Sodom - London

DECEMBER
01 - Europe - London
07 - My Dying Bride - London
21 - Thunder - Manchester

brutal_descent
05-04-2012, 05:08 AM
MAY
07 - Red Fang - Moscow
20 - Katakysm/Marduk/Vader - Moscow :rocker:
21 - Every Time I Die - Moscow :rocker:
28 - Katatonia - Moscow

JUNE
02 - Cannibal Corpse - Moscow :rocker:
08 - *shels - Moscow
20 - Slayer - Moscow :rocker:
22-24 - Graspop Metal Meeting - Dessel, Belgium :rocker:
28 - Obituary - Moscow
29 - Moving Mountains/Papier Tigre - Moscow

JULY
02 - Faith No More - Moscow :rocker:
15 - Ghoul/Slough Feg/Gravehill - San Francisco, CA :rocker:
20 - Melvins - San Francisco, CA

AUGUST
10-12 - Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - San Francisco, CA
25 - Suis La Lune - Moscow

SEPTEMBER
15 - Rage - Moscow
21 - Crystal Castles - Moscow
22 - Kasabian - Moscow

OCTOBER
13 - Enter Shikari - Moscow
27 - Mike Portnoy/Tony MacAlpine/Derek Sherinian/Billy Sheehan - Moscow

NOVEMBER
03 - Sodom - Moscow :rocker:
10 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Moscow

AnataFan4Life
05-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Behemoth tonight :rocker:

ravenheart
05-04-2012, 05:57 AM
MAY
07 - Red Fang - Moscow
20 - Katakysm/Marduk/Vader - Moscow :rocker:
21 - Every Time I Die - Moscow :rocker:
28 - Katatonia - Moscow

JUNE
02 - Cannibal Corpse - Moscow :rocker:
08 - *shels - Moscow
20 - Slayer - Moscow :rocker:
22-24 - Graspop Metal Meeting - Dessel, Belgium :rocker:
28 - Obituary - Moscow
29 - Moving Mountains/Papier Tigre - Moscow

JULY
02 - Faith No More - Moscow :rocker:
15 - Ghoul/Slough Feg/Gravehill - San Francisco, CA :rocker:
20 - Melvins - San Francisco, CA

AUGUST
10-12 - Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - San Francisco, CA
25 - Suis La Lune - Moscow

SEPTEMBER
15 - Rage - Moscow
21 - Crystal Castles - Moscow
22 - Kasabian - Moscow

OCTOBER
13 - Enter Shikari - Moscow
27 - Mike Portnoy/Tony MacAlpine/Derek Sherinian/Billy Sheehan - Moscow

NOVEMBER
03 - Sodom - Moscow :rocker:
10 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Moscow

What, no Black Sabbath? ;) :finger:

brutal_descent
05-04-2012, 06:49 AM
What, no Black Sabbath? ;) :finger:

Before the tour got cancelled I had TWO different opportunities to see them :mad:

IrritatedTrout
05-04-2012, 07:08 AM
May:
9 - Mastodon
13 - Rob Zombie / Megadeth

June:
21 - Iron Maiden / Alice Cooper
23 - Iron Maiden / Alice Cooper
29 - Iron Maiden / Alice Cooper
30 - Iron Maiden / Alice Cooper

July:
9 - Roger Waters
12 - Scorpions
21 - Kiss (probably)

August:
7 - System of a Down

September:
9 - Rush

GarageMetal468
05-04-2012, 11:03 AM
AUTOPSY TOMORROW!!!!!

It just sold out, can't believe it took that long. This is going to be the best show of the year, no doubt about it.

ravenheart
05-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Primordial tonight.

kalfitegrdan
05-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Primordial tonight.

AUTOPSY TOMORROW!!!!!

It just sold out, can't believe it took that long. This is going to be the best show of the year, no doubt about it.

This!

Taking my friend, who's moving to Minnesota next week, to Autopsy as a last concert experience with him (for awhile at least), since I've been to more concerts with him than anybody else. (Well, aside from friends that I met at shows and see at most of 'em.)

John The Drummer
05-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Primordial tonight.

I hope they come back to the States sometime soon, they kicked ass on the Pagan Knights tour (I think that was the one they were on)

treghet
05-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Voivod's playing the entire Dimension Hatröss album at the Sala Rossa on June 7th :party::party::party:

Wow, that's awesome. I hope they play a lot of old songs on the Shockwave tour.

brutal_descent
05-06-2012, 07:56 AM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/77383136/ilpUXaaSIDY.jpg

stooooooked

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Now i'm not sure if i'm going to any shows at all this month. I just remembered Sabaton was playing the night before the show and I wound up missing it, it doesn't seem like anybody else is going to Behemoth or Overkill so I might just wind up going to neither, and I have to talk to the guy i'm supposed to see OFF! with cause i'm not 100% sure if he's still going.

As far as next month goes I have Tenacious D tickets already and there's no way i'm missing Maiden or Death Grips.

christopher
05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Now i'm not sure if i'm going to any shows at all this month. I just remembered Sabaton was playing the night before the show and I wound up missing it, it doesn't seem like anybody else is going to Behemoth or Overkill so I might just wind up going to neither, and I have to talk to the guy i'm supposed to see OFF! with cause i'm not 100% sure if he's still going.

As far as next month goes I have Tenacious D tickets already and there's no way i'm missing Maiden or Death Grips.

Death Grips cancelled all shows..

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Death Grips cancelled all shows..

WHAT

The venue's website still has it listed. I hope they reschedule sometime soon.

ShatteredFlame
05-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Hey I'm going to Behemoth.

Death Grips seem like fucking scumbags if they really cancelled their tour without telling any of the venues. They should also know when they're due in the studio and should not be booking shows during then.

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey I'm going to Behemoth.

Death Grips seem like fucking scumbags if they really cancelled their tour without telling any of the venues. They should also know when they're due in the studio and should not be booking shows during then.

Do you think Behemoth is gonna sell out? Cause if I go I was planning on buying tickets at the door.

I don't see why Death Grips has to make another album so soon. It's cool when bands are productive and put out new material at a fast rate but I don't think i'm gonna get bored of The Money Store any time soon.

slapguitarer
05-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't see why Death Grips has to make another album so soon. It's cool when bands are productive and put out new material at a fast rate but I don't think i'm gonna get bored of The Money Store any time soon.

Yeah, it seems pretty ridiculous that they'd cancel tour plans to work on a new album when The Money Store just came out.

ShatteredFlame
05-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Do you think Behemoth is gonna sell out? Cause if I go I was planning on buying tickets at the door.

Not sure. I already have an advanced ticket myself.

Anyone who has been to the Behemoth tour in other cities can confirm if it sold out or not?

BTW Ryan are you going to Primus on the 19th at the Paramount Theater in Huntington?

treghet
05-06-2012, 01:52 PM
The Behemoth show in Hollywood sold out.

MPF
05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
In the next 7 days:

5-10: Dax Riggs at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis (Interviewing Dax)
5-13: Meshuggah, Baroness, Decapitated at First Ave in Minneapolis (Interviewing Decapitated)

masterguy49
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM

I think they previously promised two albums this year, so if they're somehow behind I can see why they would cancel their tour to complete it.

christopher
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I still think it sucks we all got excited and bought tickets. Oh well, I'll see them one day. I just found out Dead Prez is playing on May 18th at a bar in Santa Ana. I get off work at 1045 that night, so I'll head straight there and hopefully be there before they go on.

mastodon421
05-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I am happy I didn't buy tickets yet, I was literally going to in a few days. The place they were playing at here (T.T The Bears in Cambridge, which is just outside of Boston) is a fucking hipster bar/club, so I hope whenever they tour again, they don't play there.

christopher
05-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I just want me refund to come back faster so I can pay my credit card off in time haha

BloodoftheKings
05-06-2012, 03:24 PM
BTW Ryan are you going to Primus on the 19th at the Paramount Theater in Huntington?

No. Since they're doing Green Naugahyde in it's entirety again I figured it's not worth it.

I am happy I didn't buy tickets yet, I was literally going to in a few days. The place they were playing at here (T.T The Bears in Cambridge, which is just outside of Boston) is a fucking hipster bar/club, so I hope whenever they tour again, they don't play there.

I think no matter where they play tons of hipsters are gonna show up.

smearCampaign
05-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Local radio station had a weekend special on tickets to Soulfly, so I'm seeing 'em Tuesday for $10. That price was too low to pass up.

kalfitegrdan
05-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Not sure. I already have an advanced ticket myself.

Anyone who has been to the Behemoth tour in other cities can confirm if it sold out or not?

The Chicago show sold out.

Sepultura69
05-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Local radio station had a weekend special on tickets to Soulfly, so I'm seeing 'em Tuesday for $10. That price was too low to pass up.

Meh. Max is fatt. He smells like shit. Still a legend though.

mastodon421
05-07-2012, 04:09 AM
I think no matter where they play tons of hipsters are gonna show up.

I know, I just don't want them to play at a hipster venue as well. The Middle East, which is also in Cambridge, could have the show and it wouldn't be at a hipster venue.

ravenheart
05-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes! Pentagram return to London in November.

40 years: no Pentagram shows
11 months: 3 Pentagram shows

Crionics
05-07-2012, 10:27 AM
If I finish the final of my English research paper today, I can see Megadeth :party:

GarageMetal468
05-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Just found out Dropdead aren't playing some shows on the Nasum tour.

"we had to cancel the Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Montreal shows due to some issues that came up we couldn't do anything about. Sorry. We'll get out there to make it up at some point."

:flame:

brutal_descent
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
+ Anneke van Giersberghen November 13th
+ Jucifer June 9th

christopher
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM

"we had to cancel the Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Montreal shows due to some issues that came up we couldn't do anything about. Sorry. We'll get out there to make it up at some point."

Aww that fucking sucks

John The Drummer
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Got offered a free ticket to Origin this Saturday in exchange for a free ticket to Marduk, might take this :D

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
So is anybody in the Chicagoland area going to see Clutch on Friday?

dcmetal108
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
So is anybody in the Chicagoland area going to see Clutch on Friday?

Nope. It's 21+. If you were next Tuesday I'd say go see Trivium at the same venue since I'll be there.

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Nope. It's 21+. If you were next Tuesday I'd say go see Trivium at the same venue since I'll be there.I know it's 21+ ... that's why I'm asking. Otherwise I'd just assume you and JD and the rest of the crew would be there.

So let me re-phrase:

Is there anybody in the Chicagoland area who is old enough to attend this show, and is indeed going?

(Sheesh, didn't think I had to be that literal about it... ;))

GarageMetal468
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I know it's 21+ ... that's why I'm asking. Otherwise I'd just assume you and JD and the rest of the crew would be there.

Not necessarily. It's a pain in the ass for people who are in the city to go to Mojoes, especially since by the time Mojoes shows are done, Metra lines aren't running anymore.

Luckily for me I'm in the suburbs and have a car, so Mojoes isn't really much of a problem unless I'm at school which is away from both Joliet and Chicago. But yeah, 21+ show, pretty pricy as well so I don't think I'd be going regardless as much as I wanna see Clutch. Plus Hellyeah = :barf:

kalfitegrdan
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM

I've never heard Dropdead, so it's not that big of a deal for me, but that still sucks.

treghet
05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I've never heard Dropdead, so it's not that big of a deal for me, but that still sucks.

Listen to them now!

Natrlhi
05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hellyeah = :barf:Yeah no doubt. That's why I'm on the fence about going. It's basically a matter of paying thirty bones just to see Clutch - a band who's a hell of a lot of fun live, but whom I've seen twice and who tours constantly.

They are playing some pretty decent sets on this tour, though - including two or three new songs per night. If it weren't for that, I'd have probably blown this off already.

I'm coming to NW Indiana either way, though - it's just a matter of whether to take off work early Friday and pay for an extra night at the hotel, or just come in on Saturday morning as per the original plan.

Deciding whether or not to see Clutch shouldn't be this fucking hard... :confused:

christopher
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Listen to them now!

THIS x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000!

dcmetal108
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Not necessarily. It's a pain in the ass for people who are in the city to go to Mojoes, especially since by the time Mojoes shows are done, Metra lines aren't running anymore.

Luckily for me I'm in the suburbs and have a car, so Mojoes isn't really much of a problem unless I'm at school which is away from both Joliet and Chicago. But yeah, 21+ show, pretty pricy as well so I don't think I'd be going regardless as much as I wanna see Clutch. Plus Hellyeah = :barf:

Yea getting to Mojoes is a bitch. Even driving it takes over a hour for me.

Listen to this though : Since I don't have a car and Trivium is one of my favorite bands ever my dad agreed to take me (He's not a huge fan of screaming, he mainly likes older metal/hard rock). So he will drive from NW Indiana into the city to get me, then to Joliet, then back to the city to drop me off, then back to NW Indiana. Shit load of driving.

Natrlhi
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Yea getting to Mojoes is a bitch. Even driving it takes over a hour for me.

Listen to this though : Since I don't have a car and Trivium is one of my favorite bands ever my dad agreed to take me (He's not a huge fan of screaming, he mainly likes older metal/hard rock). So he will drive from NW Indiana into the city to get me, then to Joliet, then back to the city to drop me off, then back to NW Indiana. Shit load of driving.You need to buy your old man a few beers, bro-ham. :fist: (EDIT: After thedriving part, of course ;))

What part of NW Indiana, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in both Merrillville and Crown Point, and my wife is from Highland.

dcmetal108
05-09-2012, 06:42 PM
You need to buy your old man a few beers, bro-ham. :fist: (EDIT: After thedriving part, of course ;))

What part of NW Indiana, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in both Merrillville and Crown Point, and my wife is from Highland.

He lives in Whiting. Like he can drive to the casino and be there in less than 10 minutes. We've filmed wrestling in Merrillville before near the Plaza Theater or whatever it's called and that was like a 40 minute drive.

I told him though I'd take him to Giordonos and buy him some deep dish since he misses not having one near him.

kalfitegrdan
05-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Driving up to Madison, WI on Friday to see The Black Dahlia Murder/Exhumed/Fuck the Facts.

MPF
05-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Driving up to Madison, WI on Friday to see The Black Dahlia Murder/Exhumed/Fuck the Facts.

I may or may not be at the show on Saturday In Eau Claire, WI. all depends on how these interviews go and if I can afford it.

Dax Riggs (technically today) and Decapitated on Sunday have my top priority.

ravenheart
05-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Goddamnit. Shit support AGAIN for a big band who could get just about anyone to open for them. The number of times that happens is just ridiculous. Who the hell even are No One Is Innocent anyway? And do they have to suck quite so much?

Natrlhi
05-10-2012, 06:28 AM
He lives in Whiting. Like he can drive to the casino and be there in less than 10 minutes. We've filmed wrestling in Merrillville before near the Plaza Theater or whatever it's called and that was like a 40 minute drive.

I told him though I'd take him to Giordonos and buy him some deep dish since he misses not having one near him.Ah, sure - Whiting. Up there by Wolf Lake and shit. I know the area. Speaking of the Star Plaza, that's where I'll be staying - Saturday night for sure, maybe tomorrow night depending on whether I decide to come in early for the Clutch show.

Also, you are a very good son for taking your pops to Giordano's - that shit is the fucking bomb. :fist:

GarageMetal468
05-10-2012, 08:27 AM

With my schedule clearing up I think I may be going as well! I'll be going with some people from home. Would it be a good idea to buy in advance or at the door?

Natrlhi
05-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Deciding whether or not to see Clutch shouldn't be this fucking hard... :confused:Fuck it, I'm in (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=465238&postcount=6245).

VoidFlame
05-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm seeing two of my fiends' bands tonight: Les Fort Beaux Hommes ("The Fairly Handsome Men") and the Winston Band. Also, on saturday, I'm seeing two great Quebec black metal bands: Chasse-Galerie and Spirit of the Forest (their first show ever!).

brutal_descent
05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
No shows until the 20th, when I see Marduk and Vader open up for Kataklysm :eyes:

MPF
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Dax Riggs tonight. I'm either interviewing him before or (surprisingly) after the show. I won't find out till I get there. I'm really looking forward to it.

GarageMetal468
05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Change of plans, I am going to Destruction tonight!!! Hopefully I can make BDM/Exhumed tomorrow but it all depends on money.

kalfitegrdan
05-10-2012, 02:44 PM
With my schedule clearing up I think I may be going as well! I'll be going with some people from home. Would it be a good idea to buy in advance or at the door?

Absolutely no clue. I'm gonna buy mine in advance because I don't want to drive two and a half hours for nothing. Black Dahlia does has a tendency to sell out small places. Just look at the House Cafe. No idea the size of this place though.

brutal_descent
05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Faith No More are playing the same night as Rotten Sound with The Black Dahlia Murder... FML. :flame: :mad: :hmm:

treghet
05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Rotten Sound > Faith No More

Problem solved. :)

brutal_descent
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, there are a few factors too:

1. The venue FNM are playing at is the one Priest played at; the sound butchered Priest's show for me, but according to a friend of mine most of the shows he's attended there have been without any complaints concerning the sound quality.

2. I'm seeing Rotten Sound's singer with Nasum.

3. I've seen the Black Dahlia Murder three times now.

I'm probably just going to wait until the week before the two shows, then see the setlist for FNM's tour; if they aren't playing at least 17 or 18 songs, I'm going to Rotten Sound.

treghet
05-11-2012, 10:24 AM

But that's not seeing Rotten Sound. ;) I'd also like to add that Rotten Sound destroys live.

christopher
05-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah don't see FNM. I think they're terrible. Go see Rotten Sound. If you use the argument that you're seeing Nasum and that counts for both bands again, then don't go to either show.

brutal_descent
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah don't see FNM. I think they're terrible. Go see Rotten Sound. If you use the argument that you're seeing Nasum and that counts for both bands again, then don't go to either show.

Unless your basis for saying that is that they're terrible live, that doesn't mean much to me seeing as how I love their music.

dcmetal108
05-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Unless your basis for saying that is that they're terrible live, that doesn't mean much to me seeing as how I love their music.

BDM > all

ravenheart
05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Well, there are a few factors too:

1. The venue FNM are playing at is the one Priest played at; the sound butchered Priest's show for me, but according to a friend of mine most of the shows he's attended there have been without any complaints concerning the sound quality.

3. I've seen the Black Dahlia Murder three times now.

I'm probably just going to wait until the week before the two shows, then see the setlist for FNM's tour; if they aren't playing at least 17 or 18 songs, I'm going to Rotten Sound.

FNM would be sold out way earlier than the week before here.

mastodon421
05-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Sleigh Bells is coming to the House of Blues in Boston on July 3rd. I think I might go.:eyes:

brutal_descent
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
FNM would be sold out way earlier than the week before here.

Both London shows are sold out already, if I'm not wrong.

ravenheart
05-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Both London shows are sold out already, if I'm not wrong.

They booked a second show? :eyes:

brutal_descent
05-11-2012, 02:23 PM
They booked a second show? :eyes:

Second one is at the Brixton Academy, and the first is at a venue I can't recall.

ravenheart
05-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Second one is at the Brixton Academy, and the first is at a venue I can't recall.

The first one to be announced as at Brixton...

dcmetal108
05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
So this will suck for Nat since he drove all the way to Mojoes but I guess like right before they opened doors they announced that Clutch had just cancelled and weren't going to play.

GarageMetal468
05-11-2012, 09:33 PM
So this will suck for Nat since he drove all the way to Mojoes but I guess like right before they opened doors they announced that Clutch had just cancelled and weren't going to play.

Fucking wow.

Nat, if you see this, I'm very sorry.

brutal_descent
05-12-2012, 01:13 AM
The first one to be announced as at Brixton...

07/08 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo
07/10 - O2 Academy Brixton

dcmetal108
05-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Fucking wow.

Nat, if you see this, I'm very sorry.

Yea I guess Mojoes was giving refunds to people and if you had online tickets and still went they gave you like a $10 refund additional.

From the looks of people posting about it on Facebook , there are alot of people trashing Mojoes now.

street_burial
05-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Possibly seeing Powerglove on the 25th :party:

brutal_descent
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
A Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree, King Crimson) drum clinic on the 19th, if it doesn't end too late.

Probably going to Rotten Sound instead of Faith No More, since my friend saw Guns N' Roses at the venue FNM are playing at last night and said the sound was as shit as it was at Priest.

Natrlhi
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Yea I guess Mojoes was giving refunds to people and if you had online tickets and still went they gave you like a $10 refund additional.

From the looks of people posting about it on Facebook , there are alot of people trashing Mojoes now.That's not exactly what happened. The information I got said that Neil had blown out his voice and couldn't perform, so they regrettably had to cancel. Nothing to do with Mojoes. If people were trashing the venue online, then they were / are idiots (shocker). The ten-dollar refund thing was that you could see the show and get ten bucks back because Clutch wasn't there. If you decided not to attend at all (which is what I did), then supposedly you could get a full refund.

I just went to the casino and played poker. Fuck it. It's Clutch - they'll be back.

I've already e-mailed the web site where I obtained my ticket, so hopefully tha refund will go smoothly. No big deal.

Oh, and here is some more detail from Clutch's web site, corroborating what I typed above:

Shows cancelled
Posted: 05/11/2012 Clutch fans... the show tonight in joilet has been cancelled due to medical issues with Neil's voice. Hellyeah, Monstro and Kyng will still perform. If you do not want to attend the show as is... please return to place of ticket purchase for a refund. If you do attend the show, you waive your right to any refund. Clutch will not be rescheduling this show.

The May 12th show in Detroit, and the May 13th show in Flint... this weekend, will be rescheduled and all tickets purchased will be honored for new date. We will have details on rescheduled Detroit and Flint date later this week. Stay tuned to pro-rock and our facebook page for the upcoming reschedule announcement.

Source: http://pro-rock.com/index.cfm?page=headlines&hid=195

ravenheart
05-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Tonight: 3 Inches of Blood + Goatwhore + Havok + Angelus Apatrida

brutal_descent
05-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Marduk and Vader on Sunday :rocker: :rocker:

Dextrimental
05-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Anthrax in November, with Sodom the next day! Dublin Thrashaton as it's being called, gonna be a good one!

dcmetal108
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Trivium and Dirge Within tomorrow night!

I CAN'T WAIT!!

John The Drummer
05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Anthrax in November, with Sodom the next day! Dublin Thrashaton as it's being called, gonna be a good one!

I am so jelly of your shows over on the other side of the world :(

VoidFlame
05-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Destruction in a few hours! :rocker:

llama lom
05-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Who's going to Meshuggah tomorrow?

MPF
05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Sabaton tomorrow night. No Interview, just going for sheer enjoyment.

ravenheart
05-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Wait, Anthrax are doing what in November?

IrritatedTrout
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Their supporting Motorhead.

Dextrimental
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Their supporting Motorhead.

This, but Dublin is getting an off date with just Anthrax! Very happy I get to see them with Joey Belladonna, and the last of the big 4 to see doing a headlining set!

ravenheart
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Damnit, thought some extra headline dates had come out of the blue. Will be missing them then.

Did see them play to 800 people in March though :D

jd091
05-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Woah, Meshuggah is tomorrow for me. Totally forgot. :lol: 6 months ago I would have been freaking out, but I haven't listened to them in forever, and barely spun the new album out of boredom. I'm sure they're gonna be as sick as I've always heard. Really excited for Baroness, too, but I'd be peeing in anticipation if they were actually playing old stuff.

brutal_descent
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Coven with Hatchet, Witchaven, and a Band of Orcs @ Oakland Metro July 7th, and Trash Talk @ Slim's July 16th.

Abysmally low number of shows in SF this summer compared to last summer... the Melvins @ Slim's July 20th, Tidal Wave on the 15th, OSL from the 10th to 12th of August, and two Dead Congregation shows on the 5th and 6th, of which I'll probably only see one if I'm lucky.

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Nothing else for me this week... until Saturday, but that's not really an important show. Especially with a lame local DJ as the only opening act.

Dextrimental
05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Damnit, thought some extra headline dates had come out of the blue. Will be missing them then.

Did see them play to 800 people in March though :D

Venue they're playing here is 650, it's going to rule!

GarageMetal468
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Shit, looks like NATO is in Chicago this week and they're blocking off a lot of the streets from cars getting through, and the street that Reggies is on is one of them. There was gonna be a chance that I could make it to the show but not anymore now if I can't drive there.

llama lom
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Shit, looks like NATO is in Chicago this week and they're blocking off a lot of the streets from cars getting through, and the street that Reggies is on is one of them. There was gonna be a chance that I could make it to the show but not anymore now if I can't drive there.

This might be stupid, but can't you drive to an El stop and commute from there? It's like an extra 4 bucks, but it's Nasum.

GarageMetal468
05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
This might be stupid, but can't you drive to an El stop and commute from there? It's like an extra 4 bucks, but it's Nasum.

Depends on what line in this case. I think the pink line is having interferences. And I start my new job that night so I can't make the show, but if I'm out early enough I'm gonna try booking it there. Apparently 290 has no problems and neither does State street as far as I know. I'm gonna find out from other people the day of.

kalfitegrdan
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM

I heard about that shit. I'm leaving like an hour earlier than usual and hoping I can find a way around all that the bullshit.

jd091
05-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I'm a little worried about going to Nasum because of that. Shit's gonna be ugly, And I won't be surprised if riots break out. :hecho:

In other news, Meshuggah was fucking insane. Everything I expected and more. Demiurge was a PERFECT opener; so great live. Sets were the same; debating if posting a review is even worth it.

John The Drummer
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Maryland Death Fest next week! :party:

IrritatedTrout
05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Next show for me is the kick-off of the Maiden England world tour!

jd091
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Hey, do Agalloch shows usually sell out fast? Or am I fine waiting a bit to buy tickets? I wanna make sure I'm in town that weekend.

christopher
05-16-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm still debating on making the drive to Dead Prez on Friday. I'm sure it will be awesome and I already bought a ticket haha If I do go, I will be the only white guy there. Last time I saw them, I was in the front row with a Plutocracy shirt on, singing along to every song and I was the only white guy in the venue. :lol:

jd091
05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm still debating on making the drive to Dead Prez on Friday. I'm sure it will be awesome and I already bought a ticket haha If I do go, I will be the only white guy there. Last time I saw them, I was in the front row with a Plutocracy shirt on, singing along to every song and I was the only white guy in the venue. :lol:

:lol:

IrritatedTrout
05-17-2012, 05:42 AM
I'd say you're fine for a bit but don't wait too long.

ravenheart
05-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Depends how big the venues are, surely? I get the feeling a band like Agalloch are pretty much always going to sell roughly the same number of tickets regardless of the size, so the question is are they playing places smaller than that number, or bigger?

ShatteredFlame
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Actually the last Agalloch tour seemed to undersell. They played a pretty small art gallery type venue in NYC that holds only a few hundred and it took until a few days before to sell out and even then it was mostly because of scalpers.

kalfitegrdan
05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Agalloch sold out last March at Reggie's, so I wouldn't wait too long.

street_burial
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Got my ticket for Six Feet Under and DYING FETUS in the mail today. I'm fucking excited. And ordering a ticket for the Dethklok show in Philly, Saturday as soon as they go on sale.

rjturtle9
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Rammstein tonight!!! Excited as fuck!!! :rocker:

mankvill
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Origin
Cattle Decapitation
Decrepit Birth
Aborted
Troglodyte
Loculus

TOMORROW!

street_burial
05-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Black Breath and Martyrdod are playing a free show in Baltimore on July 4th. If I can get a couple people to go I'll be there.

treghet
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Black Breath and Martyrdod are playing a free show in Baltimore on July 4th. If I can get a couple people to go I'll be there.

I can never understand why people pass up shows just because they don't have a friend to go with.

dcmetal108
05-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I can never understand why people pass up shows just because they don't have a friend to go with.

Yeah I go to shows by myself alot. Either that or depended on show I'll meet up with JD or something.

larvtard
05-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Well, most people would probably be able to find someone else to talk to in lieu of a friend;)

Still, I'd never pass up a show even if I was going alone, but I'd still feel awkward at the show, y'know?

EDIT: no you probably don't know ;)

John The Drummer
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Going to shows alone is really boring, especially when the show is out of your normal genre you see and you know no one that you know will be there. I normally get the drunk Pantera fan to talk to me... :(

BloodoftheKings
05-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Going to shows alone is really boring, especially when the show is out of your normal genre you see and you know no one that you know will be there.

This. I've never really attempted going to a show alone but when I saw Touche Amore last month I was gonna meet up with several people but I got there earlier than everyone so I was alone for the first few bands. If it was a metal show I probably would have been able to talk to any random dude but this clearly wasn't a metal crowd and people kinda just looked at me weird as I sat by myself.

street_burial
05-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Because I don't have a drivers license.

IrritatedTrout
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
I go to 90% of shows alone. Blows my mind that people don't go to a show because they'd have to go alone. I would hardly have seen any bands if I did that.

mankvill
05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Because I don't have a drivers license.

lol

brutal_descent
05-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Marduk with Vader on Sunday, and Every Time I Die on Monday.

Edit: About going to shows alone... I used to do it all the time since none of my friends from school listened to the same music I did. However, because I did, I ended up meeting a shitload of really cool people that I am still friends with. A lot of them frequent shows as much as I do, so I'm relatively never alone at shows :rocker:

ravenheart
05-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Black Sabbath tomorrow :rocker:

ravenheart
05-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Marduk with Vader on Sunday, and Every Time I Die on Monday.

Edit: About going to shows alone... I used to do it all the time since none of my friends from school listened to the same music I did. However, because I did, I ended up meeting a shitload of really cool people that I am still friends with. A lot of them frequent shows as much as I do, so I'm relatively never alone at shows :rocker:

Random people who talk to me at shows annoy. Surprised? ;)

christopher
05-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I just found out I can make it to the free Metalachi show next week in Fullerton! :mexico:

treghet
05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I just found out I can make it to the free Metalachi show next week in Fullerton! :mexico:

Go to Integrity tomorrow! RSVP is still open.

treghet
05-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Black Sabbath tomorrow :rocker:

It's going to be funny when you post the setlist without writing a review and everybody gets pissed.

christopher
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Go to Integrity tomorrow! RSVP is still open.

I forgot to request tomorrow off of work, so I work until 5pm. I'm going to try and get out 30 minutes early. I work 10 or so minutes from the Glass House, so I'm gong to book it straight there when I get off and hopefully see most of Integrity. I really wanted to see Ringworm but oh well.

ravenheart
05-18-2012, 10:28 AM
It's going to be funny when you post the setlist without writing a review and everybody gets pissed.

I'm sure most of us could guess the setlist now. I'll only have net access via my phone until Sunday afternoon anyway :finger:

Fates Guardian
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
MDF is my next definite show, and I'm thinking about seeing Negura Bunget the night before it starts. Problem is, it's a 10-hour drive from where I live in Georgia up to Baltimore, and I'm worried about a) sleep and b) getting there on time. Fuck the MDF organizers for putting NB on at the same time as Artillery. If they'd just delete one of these no-name grind bands, or at least shift things around, I wouldn't be in this conundrum. :mad:

street_burial
05-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Got a ticket for Black Breath :D

treghet
05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I forgot to request tomorrow off of work, so I work until 5pm. I'm going to try and get out 30 minutes early. I work 10 or so minutes from the Glass House, so I'm gong to book it straight there when I get off and hopefully see most of Integrity. I really wanted to see Ringworm but oh well.

Ah, that sucks. Well let me know when/if you get there!

street_burial
05-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Dethklok and Lamb Of God, September 1st.

GarageMetal468
05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
MDF is my next definite show, and I'm thinking about seeing Negura Bunget the night before it starts. Problem is, it's a 10-hour drive from where I live in Georgia up to Baltimore, and I'm worried about a) sleep and b) getting there on time. Fuck the MDF organizers for putting NB on at the same time as Artillery. If they'd just delete one of these no-name grind bands, or at least shift things around, I wouldn't be in this conundrum. :mad:

But think of the cruster elitists!!!

But really, Artillery and Negura Bunget is going to be a fucking ridiculous time when it comes around. I may just do half and half or just stick with Artillery depending on how they are.

Spiner202
05-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm leaving for Destruction/Warbringer in about half an hour. I'm pretty pumped because even though thrash is my favourite subgenre, I really haven't been to as many thrash shows as I wanted to. I've never seen either band, but I imagine they'll both be insanely awesome :D

brutal_descent
05-20-2012, 03:31 AM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/76605680.jpg

Toooooonight! :rocker:

treghet
05-20-2012, 03:37 AM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/76605680.jpg

Toooooonight! :rocker:

You better post sets and a review! Specifically, the Vader set. ;)

brutal_descent
05-20-2012, 03:43 AM
You better post sets and a review! Specifically, the Vader set. ;)

Unless I catch a set from Kataklysm, I won't be able to say what they played, but I'll do my best for Vader and Marduk :horns:

treghet
05-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Kataklysm will only play their crappy recent material anyway.

brutal_descent
05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Kataklysm will only play their crappy recent material anyway.

Well, I might not even stick around for their set since I've got to get home and finish an essay for English, so no promises ;)

treghet
05-20-2012, 03:49 AM
I wouldn't either, actually. :lol: Since it would be pretty anticlimactic after Marduk and Vader.

christopher
05-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Leftover Crack is playing July 6th at the Observatory in Santa Ana, CA!!!! :party:

makethemsuffer12
05-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Meshuggah tomorrow. :rocker:

christopher
05-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Ughhh!! This is the same night as Slayer :( I already got a Slayer ticket...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/382384_10151003422780337_643585336_11787238_177105 2274_n.jpg

GarageMetal468
05-22-2012, 09:26 PM
LEAVING FOR MARYLAND DEATHFEST TOMORROW MORNING

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mankvill
05-22-2012, 09:42 PM

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/382384_10151003422780337_643585336_11787238_177105 2274_n.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

I wish Bloody Phoenix was coming here after MDF

christopher
05-22-2012, 11:30 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

I wish Bloody Phoenix was coming here after MDF

The cool thing about that show is I can leave early, right before Bastard Noise starts their set :D I haven't seen Lack of Interest in a year. I keep missing them.

Epidemic Reign
05-23-2012, 10:05 AM

haha, this totally remins me of TCM.

*reminds.

*drunk*

ravenheart
05-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Guns N' Roses later tonight.

I think Thin Lizzy are about to go on.

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 09:34 PM
My tentative schedule for my time in CA:

07/06 Dead Congregation/Grave Miasma/Vastum/Anhedonist/Apocryphon/Mortuous @ Oakland Metro
07/15 Ghoul/Slough Feg/Gravehill @ McLaren Park Amphitheater
07/16 Trash Talk @ Slim's (maybe)
07/20 Melvins @ Slim's
07/23 Reel Big Fish/Big D and the Kids Table/Suburban Legends @ Regency Ballroom
08/03 Judgement Day/Giant Squid @ Bottom of the Hill
08/10-12 Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
08/11 Agalloch/Taurus @ Great American Music Hall

slapguitarer
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
My tentative schedule for my time in CA:

07/06 Dead Congregation/Grave Miasma/Vastum/Anhedonist/Apocryphon/Mortuous @ Oakland Metro
07/15 Ghoul/Slough Feg/Gravehill @ McLaren Park Amphitheater
08/11 Agalloch/Taurus @ Great American Music Hall

:rocker:

kalfitegrdan
05-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Nothing for two weeks until Marduk/1349 at Reggie's on June 8th and after that God Module at Reggie's, also on June 8th.

BloodoftheKings
05-24-2012, 09:50 PM
OFF! on Tuesday and Tenacious D next month are my only definites right now. The Casualties is 18+ but i'm turning 18 less than 2 weeks after the show so i'm hoping they cut me some slack. I'm also considering seeing Volbeat/Iced Earth on the 22nd (mainly because it's prom night and i'd like to be able to say I did something). I'm probably not going to Municipal Waste but i'll still consider it. I'm most likely going to Maiden/Cooper but I still need to get tickets.

christopher
05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Nothing for two weeks until Marduk/1349 at Reggie's on June 8th and after that God Module at Reggie's, also on June 8th.

What? haha are they combined shows or is the Marduk show early and the other show after?

kalfitegrdan
05-24-2012, 10:08 PM
What? haha are they combined shows or is the Marduk show early and the other show after?

It's an early/late show type thing. Marduk starts at six. God Module starts at midnight.

treghet
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
It's an early/late show type thing. Marduk starts at six. God Module starts at midnight.

Then wouldn't the God Module show be on June 9th? ;)

brutal_descent
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Edit: not anymore

kalfitegrdan
05-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Then wouldn't the God Module show be on June 9th? ;)

:lol: I was thinking the same thing when I first read that it started at midnight.

Epidemic Reign
05-25-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm doing the Volbeat/Hellyeah/Iced Earth thing...

...super pissed that Iced Earth isn't the headliner...

and then Fear Factory and Cattle Decap ;)

dcmetal108
05-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Was thinking about going to see Volbeat/ All That Remains Sunday for $20 but it's going be a 2 hour or so drive.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Katatonia on Monday.

Onioner
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Well Brutal and Slap, looks like I'll be seeing you guys at Tidal Wave, and Agalloch at least. This summer is a bit dry for shows all around, besides the usual amphitheater tours and stuff, but I'm sure there'll be some fun local shows in the coming months.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Well Brutal and Slap, looks like I'll be seeing you guys at Tidal Wave, and Agalloch at least. This summer is a bit dry for shows all around, besides the usual amphitheater tours and stuff, but I'm sure there'll be some fun local shows in the coming months.

Not a Giant Squid/Melvins/Dead Congregation fan?

Sepultura69
05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I love how half the people that are attending Mayhem Fest are just putting it as "Slayer" on their sigs. :lol:

Onioner
05-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Not a Giant Squid/Melvins/Dead Congregation fan?

Isn't Giant Squid the same day as Maiden? Gotta keep my priorities straight haha. And I got to see the Melvins recently here in LA, so I'm not in a hurry to catch them again so soon. As for Dead Congregation, I don't really know their music at all to be honest.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Isn't Giant Squid the same day as Maiden? Gotta keep my priorities straight haha. And I got to see the Melvins recently here in LA, so I'm not in a hurry to catch them again so soon. As for Dead Congregation, I don't really know their music at all to be honest.

Haha, forgot about Maiden being on the same day since I can't go. You should check out DC... I doubt you'll get another chance to see them in a long time.

Onioner
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Haha, forgot about Maiden being on the same day since I can't go. You should check out DC... I doubt you'll get another chance to see them in a long time.

you can't go to Maiden? Dude that sucks, what's preventing you from going? And I'm not really much of a death metal guy, so I don't think I'd have a lot of fun at one of Dead Congregation's shows.

brutal_descent
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
you can't go to Maiden? Dude that sucks, what's preventing you from going? And I'm not really much of a death metal guy, so I don't think I'd have a lot of fun at one of Dead Congregation's shows.

The credit-card swiping bullshit... doesn't matter anymore anyway, all the good seats have been bought.

Son of a bitch, Landmine Marathon just announced they're playing in Oakland, and it's the same night as DC. :flame:

kalfitegrdan
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Was thinking about going to see Volbeat/ All That Remains Sunday for $20 but it's going be a 2 hour or so drive.

That shitty fest thing in Rockford? "Rock Monkey Ruckus" or something like that?

christopher
05-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I love how half the people that are attending Mayhem Fest are just putting it as "Slayer" on their sigs. :lol:

It makes me feel better about my life :lol:

smearCampaign
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Black Cobra, Gaza and Lord Dying tonight.

Black Cobra live = heavy as :bricks:

mankvill
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Black Cobra, Gaza and Lord Dying tonight.

Black Cobra live = heavy as :bricks:

fuck yeah. i'm so excited to see them again. heaviest thing ever.

mankvill
05-25-2012, 04:37 PM
FUCKING GOD DAMNIT THE PROTOMEN ARE GOING TO BE IN KANSAS CITY ON MY BIRTHDAY BUT I'LL BE IN TEXAS!

eff...

NecroRob
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Nasum tomorrow at some vegan bar I've never heard of. Should be intimate and fucking intense :rocker:

ravenheart
05-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Judas Priest + Saxon tonight.

treghet
05-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Judas Priest + Saxon tonight.

Now that's an awesome lineup. Hopefully no other bands?

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Judas Priest

I heard they are suppose to be changing their setlist up for tonight. Hopefully they play tyrant and genocide, and maybe here come the tears. Don't forget Fire burns below ;)

treghet
05-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I heard they are suppose to be changing their setlist up for tonight. Hopefully they play tyrant and genocide, and maybe here come the tears. Don't forget Fire burns below ;)

If they played Tyrant I would be so jealous. I have a feeling they will come back to the US again, and if they do, hopefully they play it. It seems like every time a hugely popular band says "this is our last tour" there is another one a few years later.

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 01:20 AM
If they played Tyrant I would be so jealous.

Same here, but too bad they are going to be playing the same set that they have been playing since they started the epitaph tour back in summer of 2011, but then again I wouldn't say its bad, it's actually pretty kick ass. I would definitely hit the tour again if they come back here in the U.S. I had a blast at the show that they did in november of last year in San Bernardino, I never had so much fun just wilding out and doing air guitar solos and drumming for two straight hours. Amazing live band and the new guy did justice to every tune that they busted out, especially during Beyond The Realms of Death, Painkiller, and victims of changes. Those stood out to me the most. Easily the best out of the three times that i have seen priest.

brutal_descent
05-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Too many of my friends are going to Marilyn Manson tonight :lol: No idea why they'd want to shit out a grand just to hear fourteen songs.

Sepultura69
05-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Too many of my friends are going to Marilyn Manson tonight :lol: No idea why they'd want to shit out a grand

Holy fucking shit. A grand? Are you over exaggerating or is it really that expensive over there?

brutal_descent
05-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Holy fucking shit. A grand? Are you over exaggerating or is it really that expensive over there?

Pretty much all the shows here are either $10-25 or $75-100. It's pretty fucked up, but it's also good for me, because that means I can just stick to the cheap shows. Judas Priest and Slayer are the only shows this year I've gone to/am going to respectively which are around the latter: about $55.

treghet
05-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Pretty much all the shows here are either $10-25 or $75-100. It's pretty fucked up, but it's also good for me, because that means I can just stick to the cheap shows. Judas Priest and Slayer are the only shows this year I've gone to/am going to respectively which are around the latter: about $55.

You do know a grand means $1,000 not $100, right?

ravenheart
05-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Now that's an awesome lineup. Hopefully no other bands?

Kobra & The Lotus are opening. They're the latest booked-on-every-tour band in Europe. Not interested, so I'll be in the pub.

Saxon are playing 50 minutes. Priest are playing 140 :D

I'm not expecting a different setlist though. I think "special" just means "small".

brutal_descent
05-26-2012, 05:59 AM
You do know a grand means $1,000 not $100, right?

-_____-;;

http://lolpie.com/images/archive/content/1/1/time-to-stop-posting-Vnbbc.jpg

brutal_descent
05-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Looks like Anders got sick and won't be at tomorrow's Katatonia show :(

treghet
05-27-2012, 01:54 AM
-_____-;;

http://lolpie.com/images/archive/content/1/1/time-to-stop-posting-Vnbbc.jpg

Explain. :confused:

brutal_descent
05-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Explain. :confused:

The macro was directed towards myself :lol:

treghet
05-27-2012, 02:06 AM
The macro was directed towards myself :lol:

Oh, gotcha. :lol:

ravenheart
05-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Nothing for me for the next 9 days, then it's off to Sweden for four days of:

Soundgarden
King Diamond
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Motorhead
Edguy
Sepultura
Adrenaline Mob
Axel Rudi Pell
Ugly Kid Joe
Symphony X
Mastodon
Gamma Ray
Sebastian Bach
Pentagram
Saint Vitus
Katatonia
Bad Company
Hell
Year of The Goat
Dynazty

Plus maybe Motley Crue, Blue Oyster Cult and Bonafide.

brutal_descent
05-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Soundgarden
King Diamond
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Motorhead
Sepultura
Adrenaline Mob
Symphony X
Mastodon
Pentagram
Saint Vitus
Katatonia
Hell

:drool:

Need to see Vitus, Pentagram, King Diamond, and Symphony X sometime soon.

slapguitarer
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM
King Diamond

I hate you.

IrritatedTrout
05-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Ian Anderson is coming to the nowhere town of Newport News, VA this October. Nice.

Sepultura69
05-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I hope i'll be able to see Church of Misery next week. Depending on if my boss will let me get the day off since I close on that very special day, and I usually don't get off until around one in the morning. I hope I'll be able to see Church of Misery because I doubt they will be coming back anytime soon to the U.S, and this is their first run through north america :bouville:

hb420
05-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I hope i'll be able to see Church of Misery next week. Depending on if my boss will let me get the day off since I close on that very special day, and I usually don't get off until around one in the morning. I hope I'll be able to see Church of Misery because I doubt they will be coming back anytime soon to the U.S, and this is their first run through north america :bouville:

That really sucks man, I'm seeing them next Sunday. I have a predicament for Wednesday though, Chelsea Wolfe, Ceremony, and Midnight/Toxic Holocaust all on the same fucking night. :flame: Don't know what to pick.

christopher
05-27-2012, 10:52 PM
That really sucks man, I'm seeing them next Sunday. I have a predicament for Wednesday though, Chelsea Wolfe, Ceremony, and Midnight/Toxic Holocaust all on the same fucking night. :flame: Don't know what to pick.

Midnight/Toxic Holocaust

brutal_descent
05-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Cannibal Corpse on Saturday, and Chairlift the next Sunday.

christopher
05-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Tonight! Nasum, Nausea, Landmine Marathon and Early Graves at the Black Asshole in Inglewood!!

treghet
05-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Tonight! Nasum, Nausea, Landmine Marathon and Early Graves at the Black Asshole in Inglewood!!

:lol: wtf

GarageMetal468
05-30-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm not working next Monday so I think I'm gonna be seeing Antisect then!

christopher
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
:lol: wtf

One time, I made a fb post about the Black Castle and Rhett from Gravehill commented on it and called it the Black Asshole. I will forever call it that :lol:

PowerMaiden
05-31-2012, 12:35 PM
07-juil-12 LeBreton Flats Park d'Ottawa Iron Maiden Maiden England 2012 Alice Cooper

08-juil-12 Colisée Pepsi de Québec Iron Maiden Maiden England 2012 Alice Cooper

11-juil-12 Centre Bell de Montréal Iron Maiden Maiden England 2012 Alice Cooper

13-juil-12 Toronto's Molson Amphitheater Iron Maiden Maiden England 2012 Alice Cooper

14-juil-12 Sarni'a Bayfest Iron Maiden Maiden England 2012 Alice Cooper

10-sept-12 Metropolis De Montréal Kreator Teutonic Thrash tour Accept Swallow The Sun

02-oct-12 Metropolis De Montréal Anthrax Worship Music Testament Death Angel

02-nov-12 Centre Bell de Montréal The Australian Pink Floyd

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ShatteredFlame
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Missed so many awesome shows lately but um Radiohead tonight :party:

BloodoftheKings
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Ever since that thread where we listed every show we've ever been to I've been keeping a list and adding to it every time I see a show. The way things are looking, Maiden on the 27th will be my 50th show. :party:

Dextrimental
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Bill Bailey tonight, Lamb of God the 13th, then Graspop for this month.

Lots more getting announced, Evile in October, Jett Black in October..!

slapguitarer
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Gonna go see Young Hunter (http://younghunter.bandcamp.com/album/stone-tools) tomorrow. And then Sleep on the 5th! :rocker:

Sepultura69
05-31-2012, 11:05 PM

I just got my new schedule. I get off at four in the afternoon on the 5th of June which means I will be able to see them, I'TS OFFICIALLY ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. :D :D :D :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

hb420
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I just got my new schedule. I get off at four in the afternoon on the 5th of June which means I will be able to see them, I'TS OFFICIALLY ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. :D :D :D :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Hell yeah man that's awesome! I've been into them for almost 4 years now. I can't believe I'm finally going to get to see them. :party:

mankvill
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM
In order tonight:

Wild//Tribe
Mauser
Ghoul
Mammoth Grinder
Gates of Slumber
King's Destroy
Magic Circle
Hail!Hornet
Church of Misery
Saint Vitus

slapguitarer
06-01-2012, 04:30 PM
In order tonight:

Wild//Tribe
Mauser
Ghoul
Mammoth Grinder
Gates of Slumber
King's Destroy
Magic Circle
Hail!Hornet
Church of Misery
Saint Vitus

:rocker:

brutal_descent
06-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Cannibal Corpse tonight (my first time seeing them) and Chairlift next Sunday.

ravenheart
06-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Bill Bailey tonight, Lamb of God the 13th, then Graspop for this month.

Lots more getting announced, Evile in October, Jett Black in October..!

I'm keener on that Evile tour now that Wolf have been confirmed as support.

smearCampaign
06-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Today's schedule:

Dropdead
Power Trip
Midnight
Toxic Holocaust
Terrorism
Morbosidad
Ares Kingdom
Black Witchery
+ replacements for Loss and Absu?!

brutal_descent
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Cannibal Corpse was fucking SICK. Twenty songs of pure insanity! Didn't get to hear Fucked With a Knife or Decency Defied but eh, I guess to hear all your favorite CC songs you have to see them more than once :rocker: Review coming soon!

mankvill
06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
About to head down to Black Witchery/Ares Kingdom/Morbosidad/Terrorism. No replacements for Loss or Absu :(

masterguy49
06-02-2012, 06:40 PM
About to head down to Black Witchery/Ares Kingdom/Morbosidad/Terrorism. No replacements for Loss or Absu :(

No Loss or Absu!? LAME

SHOULDA WENT TO MDF

mankvill
06-02-2012, 06:46 PM
No Loss or Absu!? LAME

SHOULDA WENT TO MDF

CiT cost me $2.50 to get here though

masterguy49
06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
CiT cost me $2.50 to get here though

Oh well that explains it :lol:
WELL SHOULDA SAVED UP YOUR MONEY

hb420
06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
:rocker: CHURCH OF FUCKIN' MISERY TOMORROW :rocker:

mankvill
06-02-2012, 11:40 PM
:rocker: CHURCH OF FUCKIN' MISERY TOMORROW :rocker:

Enjoy! My favorite band of CiT so far

Sepultura69
06-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Enjoy! My favorite band of CiT so far

Even better than Saint Vitus? ;)

treghet
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Destruction today! :D

hb420
06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Church of Misery annihilated my perception of heavy tonight and I'm a better man for it. :D