PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread Part II

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

christopher
09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
No more Vektor for me tonight :( Next show is Metalachi next week.

IrritatedTrout
09-03-2012, 10:58 AM
It just hit me the other day that I will probably have nobody to see Descendents with this Saturday. I was thinking I should start asking around but I don't even have any irl friends who like Descendents or Gogol Bordello. I really don't want to miss this one because Descendents are only getting older and this could possibly be my last chance to see them.

So just go.

christopher
09-03-2012, 11:02 AM
It just hit me the other day that I will probably have nobody to see Descendents with this Saturday. I was thinking I should start asking around but I don't even have any irl friends who like Descendents or Gogol Bordello. I really don't want to miss this one because Descendents are only getting older and this could possibly be my last chance to see them.

The Descendents are playing with Gogol Bordello?? Damn, that would be fucking perfect if it came here! My gf is obsessed with Gogol and I love the Descendents haha

Coma323
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Got Katatonia and Devin Townsend tomorrow night :rocker:
I have some hook ups that are hopefully going to get me backstage to meet them all, and since my GF is a huge fan of Katatonia I am going to try and get them to sign their new CD for her... hope it works out :eyes:

Sweet, I can't wait for these shows in a few weeks. The Kata dudes have been nothing but nice the times I've met them, hope it all goes well for you.

BloodoftheKings
09-03-2012, 01:11 PM
So just go.

My parents probably wouldn't be cool with me going out to Williamsburg by myself.

mankvill
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
My parents probably wouldn't be cool with me going out to Williamsburg by myself.

I wouldn't let my son go to hipster central, USA either.

Anyway: Korpiklaani/Moonsorrow/Tyr/Metsatoll/Stonehaven tonight! So excited.

smearCampaign
09-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't let my son go to hipster central, USA either.

Says the guy who flew to Austin and stayed with some weirdo he met on the internet.

BloodoftheKings
09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
My local record store just announced that Red Fang is doing an early show/signing in the record store the day of their show with Black Tusk in the city. This is great news for me since I was previously working on some crazy plan to cab over to Red Fang after Torche's set since the 2 shows were on the same night.

christopher
09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
My Morning Jacket with Portugal the Man on Sep 11th at the Wiltern.

mankvill
09-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Says the guy who flew to Austin and stayed with some weirdo he met on the internet.

:lovedup:

kalfitegrdan
09-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Primordial/Cormorant on Friday and then possibly KISS and Motley Crue on Saturday.

PVH5150
09-04-2012, 07:56 PM
On Friday, I'll be attending my first ever opening night of any tour.

Rush kicks off their Clockwork Angels tour at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. Small arena, fits maybe 9,000 people. They have a strict no camera policy at this particular place and I'm not very close to the stage, but I'll post the setlist as soon as I get home.

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Friday night myself and my mom will be attending KISS! FUCK YES!

Coma323
09-05-2012, 01:46 AM
They have a strict no camera policy at this particular place and I'm not very close to the stage, but I'll post the setlist as soon as I get home.
It's up to the band not the venue when it comes down to a camera policy.

christopher
09-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Lady Gaga on January 20th! :party:

IrritatedTrout
09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
On Friday, I'll be attending my first ever opening night of any tour.

Rush kicks off their Clockwork Angels tour at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. Small arena, fits maybe 9,000 people. They have a strict no camera policy at this particular place and I'm not very close to the stage, but I'll post the setlist as soon as I get home.

Nice, I'm seeing the next show on Sunday.

brutal_descent
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Kasabian's been postponed to November. Bloc Party November 23rd. Also seems that Primal Fear are coming in December :rocker:

John The Drummer
09-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Katatonia/Devin Townsend last night was pretty rad! I'll post a review if i get time. Korpiklaani on Saturday :rocker:

PVH5150
09-05-2012, 04:39 PM
It's up to the band not the venue when it comes down to a camera policy.

I've only seen one show at the Verizon where cameras were allowed, and that was Van Halen earlier this year. Every other show I've been to has had a no camera policy.

On the other hand, the Garden always allows cameras.

Coma323
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I've only ever seen Nine Inch Nails at that venue and you could take pictures/video however you wanted. I've noticed for most shows the tickets always say no cameras but 9/10 times let you bring them in.

Sepultura69
09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
It seems that I'm stuck in a bit of a jam here......

Saint Vitus and Morbid Angel are playing on the exact same day.. :hmm: :finger2::finger2:

Decisions, decisions... :bouville:

illuminatus917
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Saint Vitus and Morbid Angel are playing on the exact same day.. :hmm: :finger2::finger2:

Go for Vitus.

GarageMetal468
09-05-2012, 05:06 PM

That fucking blows. I don't even know what I'd do.

mankvill
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM

That is horrible that you have to decide between the two. D: Despite Mobid Angel's latest studio efforts, they are still solid live.

PVH5150
09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I've only ever seen Nine Inch Nails at that venue and you could take pictures/video however you wanted. I've noticed for most shows the tickets always say no cameras but 9/10 times let you bring them in.

Hmm. I'll call the venue tomorrow. If I can bring my camera for Rush, I will be very happy.

Coma323
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah it's worth checking out, a friend of mine saw them at Red Rocks a few years ago and was able to take pictures so who knows.

Sepultura69
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
That is horrible that you have to decide between the two. D: Despite Mobid Angel's latest studio efforts, they are still solid live.

What's even worst is that both of these shows are literally within a ten minute drive from my house. :hmm:

They're both playing so fucking close to me, yet...I wanna see them both really badly. I had the opportunity to see Morbid Angel at Scion Rock Fest in 2011, but I decided to go to the small stage tent where a little band called Anaal Nathrakh was performing... ;)

mankvill
09-05-2012, 05:32 PM
What's even worst is that both of these shows are literally within a ten minute drive from my house. :hmm:

They're both playing so fucking close to me, yet...I wanna see them both really badly. I had the opportunity to see Morbid Angel at Scion Rock Fest in 2011, but I decided to go to the small stage tent where a little band called Anaal Nathrakh was performing... ;)

cunt D:<

PVH5150
09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Vitus over Angel, especially if either of them decide to do a handful of new material. Lillie F:65 was great.

illuminatus917
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I had the opportunity to see Morbid Angel at Scion Rock Fest in 2011, but I decided to go to the small stage tent where a little band called Anaal Nathrakh was performing... ;)

Ugh why?

;)

christopher
09-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Saint Vitus is playing three shows in the area, one of which is a free show at the Glass House without Weedeater and Sourvein. They are also playing the 10th at the Bootleg Theater in LA. Come to the Pomona show with me and have a pre bday beer with me, then go see Morbid Angel the next night :D

christopher
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Looks like this is going down after the Scion show :rocker:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539389_3507083247547_1518580474_n.jpg

brutal_descent
09-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Ooh, Tankard April 20th. Might go.

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Looks like this is going down after the Scion show :rocker:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539389_3507083247547_1518580474_n.jpg

I would say these are the band members mugshots, especially Jason, but two dudes on left have hats on. Seriously though two shows, one day sounds like a blast. :tongue:

christopher
09-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I would say these are the band members mugshots, especially Jason, but two dudes on left have hats on. Seriously though two shows, one day sounds like a blast. :tongue:

You coming out?

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
You coming out?

Probably. Gonna download Cattle Decaps discography and Xibalbas to check em out more. If I were to go I'd leave that Scion Show before Barnes comes in and rapes my hearing.

christopher
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Probably. Gonna download Cattle Decaps discography and Xibalbas to check em out more. If I were to go I'd leave that Scion Show before Barnes comes in and rapes my hearing.

Cool. Make sure you get the newest Cattle Decap for sure cause they are playing it from start to finish at the show. I'm going to watch some of 6 Feet Under just cause its free and I'm already there.

Natrlhi
09-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I saw that Skeletits show. Too bad about that. Now it looks like I might not be making the trip after all. Still gotta figure out the travel schedule between me and the other guy on my team, but if I do go, I definitely won't be able to stay extra since my wife will be at home pulling her hair out with the kids as it is.Well guess the fuck what. The trip is back on. Not only that, but there are no flights available that fit my schedule until Friday morning, so it looks like I will be in Providence with no plans on the evening of September 20. What to do?

treghet
09-07-2012, 12:26 AM

It's going to be an awesome day for sure! It will be a mini-Metal Setlists meetup. :D I am really excited to see Cattle Decapitation play all of the new album, but the Xibalba show will be awesome too. They've gotten really popular over the past year and Pomona is their hometown, so it's guaranteed to be insane. I don't know if you've ever been to the Aladdin Jr., but it's about half the size of Chain Reaction.

dcmetal108
09-07-2012, 03:49 AM
You wanted the best and you got it! The hottest band in the land!

KISS!

kalfitegrdan
09-07-2012, 04:31 AM
You wanted the best and you got it! The hottest band in the land!

KISS!

I wanted to go to the one in Wisconsin tomorrow, but the tickets are more expensive than I want to pay.

GarageMetal468
09-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Primordial tonight!!!

treghet
09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I was just about to buy a ticket for the Kreator / Accept tour. $46.85 with the fees. Fuck that. :hmm:

ShatteredFlame
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I may go to the Katatonia and Devin Townsend tour at The Palladium in MA instead. Mainly because A$ap Rocky and Danny Brown are playing in CT at the same day as the Katatonia tour hits NY and lots of my friends are going to that and I don't want to miss it. So for those who have been there how is The Palladium?

Sepultura69
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I may go to the Katatonia and Devin Townsend tour at The Palladium in MA instead. Mainly because A$ap Rocky and Danny Brown are playing in CT at the same day as the Katatonia tour hits NY and lots of my friends are going to that and I don't want to miss it. So for those who have been there how is The Palladium?

I'm surprised someone on this board actually knows who Asap Rocky is...

By the way, I really like Asap Rocky, he is a bit of a "guilty pleasure" for me... I got tickets to go see him with some friends next month.. :eyes:

Coma323
09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
So for those who have been there how is The Palladium?
Personally I don't like it, usually shitty sound is the main reason.

masterguy49
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM

By the way, I really like Asap Rocky, he is a bit of a "guilty pleasure" for me... I got tickets to go see him with some friends next month.. :eyes:

Nah dude, ASAP Rocky is getting really big now, it'd be a surprise if someone didn't know who he is. I don't see him as a guilty pleasure, he's pretty good. I like Danny Brown as well. Gonna try to hit up that show.

mastodon421
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM

The Palladium is my favorite venue. The setup is fucking awesome and the sound is normally quite good. It's kind of run-down so some people don't like it, but if you don't mind the venue not being fancy you'll probably like it. Really the only downside is how disgusting the bathrooms are.

ShatteredFlame
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Nah dude, ASAP Rocky is getting really big now, it'd be a surprise if someone didn't know who he is. I don't see him as a guilty pleasure, he's pretty good. I like Danny Brown as well. Gonna try to hit up that show.

To be honest I don't really like A$ap Rocky that much I am just really loving Danny Brown and really wanna see him. Schoolboy-Q is pretty good too. The A$ab Mob is pretty terrible though (seriously A$ap's crew is wack) so I hope they don't get too much stage time.

The Palladium is my favorite venue. The setup is fucking awesome and the sound is normally quite good. It's kind of run-down so some people don't like it, but if you don't mind the venue not being fancy you'll probably like it. Really the only downside is how disgusting the bathrooms are.

Sounds alright what time is curfew usually?

John The Drummer
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Primordial tonight!!!

I hate you :mad::flame::mad::flame:

mastodon421
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Sounds alright what time is curfew usually?

It's late in Worcester, I think it might be like 1 A.M, but the Townsend show be over somewhere in between 11 and midnight.

masterguy49
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
To be honest I don't really like A$ap Rocky that much I am just really loving Danny Brown and really wanna see him. Schoolboy-Q is pretty good too. The A$ab Mob is pretty terrible though (seriously A$ap's crew is wack) so I hope they don't get too much stage time.

Yeah Danny Brown is my favorite on the tour too

NickLed19
09-07-2012, 06:50 PM
A$AP is awesome.

masterguy49
09-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Was gonna go to see Today is the Day tomorrow, but the time of the show is 9-4 AM. Its a little over an hour drive so we'd get home around like 5 in the morning :eyes:

Think I might go to a local show instead and see some of my favorite local bands.

kalfitegrdan
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM

Uh...who?

christopher
09-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Was gonna go to see Today is the Day tomorrow, but the time of the show is 9-4 AM. Its a little over an hour drive so we'd get home around like 5 in the morning :eyes:

Think I might go to a local show instead and see some of my favorite local bands.

Do shows really go on until 4am out there??

mastodon421
09-08-2012, 04:07 AM
A$AP Rocky is decent. His lyrics are meh, but his flow is pretty good and his production is pretty fucking awesome. I've only heard 1 Danny Brown song and I hated it, but I've heard so many good things that I will probably give him another shot.

brutal_descent
09-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Sonata Arctica February 3rd.

Natrlhi
09-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Well guess the fuck what. The trip is back on. Not only that, but there are no flights available that fit my schedule until Friday morning, so it looks like I will be in Providence with no plans on the evening of September 20. What to do?Okay, let's try this a different way. What I'm trying to say here, Mastodon421, is that I'm going to be in your neck of the woods, and you need an ass-whupping because of your opinion of Yellow & Green. How about you man up and show up to the Skeletits show, so you can get what you've got coming?

Just kidding. I just enjoy meeting members of this forum, and it looks like I might actually be ablt to check out this gig. So what's up, Massholes?

mastodon421
09-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Okay, let's try this a different way. What I'm trying to say here, Mastodon421, is that I'm going to be in your neck of the woods, and you need an ass-whupping because of your opinion of Yellow & Green. How about you man up and show up to the Skeletits show, so you can get what you've got coming?

Just kidding. I just enjoy meeting members of this forum, and it looks like I might actually be ablt to check out this gig. So what's up, Massholes?

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get to the Alston Skeletonwitch show due to my lack of a license (I could get there no problem, but I would be stranded at the subway station about 15-20 minutes from my house once the show got out). I'm fairly sure I'm going to the show down in Pawtucket with my buddy the following night. It's a shame too because it would've really cool to meet you (Though I've been to the same show as a few people on here, I've not met anyone that posts here in person before.)

ShatteredFlame
09-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I've only heard 1 Danny Brown song and I hated it, but I've heard so many good things that I will probably give him another shot.

He's definitely the type of rapper that slowly grows on you. Didn't think much of his record XXX when I first heard it, then I decided to binge it and now I love everything about it. The dude has so much potential. He changes his style so frequently and he is great in doing so to keep things fresh.

masterguy49
09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Do shows really go on until 4am out there??

I've had shows go out till 1 am before(at the same venue this it at). I was completely shocked to see this end at 4am though, its ridiculous. It's just this venue though, others end around 11-12pm. Unfortunately this venue has a lot of good shows, this, Disma, Eyehategod, Weedeater, etc.

BloodoftheKings
09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm trying not to be too bummed about missing Descendents tonight. Hopefully i'll get another chance. I'm probably gonna buy my Devin Townsend/Katatonia tickets sometime in the next couple days.

RAZOR
09-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Primordial tonight! :D We're almost there I believe.

christopher
09-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I've had shows go out till 1 am before(at the same venue this it at). I was completely shocked to see this end at 4am though, its ridiculous. It's just this venue though, others end around 11-12pm. Unfortunately this venue has a lot of good shows, this, Disma, Eyehategod, Weedeater, etc.

I'm sure it's just a mistake then. I doubt the show will go that late. Why don't you call the venue the day of to see what the set times are. There are a few shitty venues in LA that have had the headliners go on super late, like around 1:30 or 2am, but not 3am. I did hear a story once where Crowbar went on at 3:30am in NOLA, buts that it...

TonyD
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
GNR is playing the acoustic Bridge School Benefit, which would be interesting to see, but I doubt I'll end up going.

dcmetal108
09-08-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm sure it's just a mistake then. I doubt the show will go that late. Why don't you call the venue the day of to see what the set times are. There are a few shitty venues in LA that have had the headliners go on super late, like around 1:30 or 2am, but not 3am. I did hear a story once where Crowbar went on at 3:30am in NOLA, buts that it...

I know Steel Panther doesn't go on in Vegas on the Strip till ike 130am or something.

Latest show I've been to was Anvil and that got over at like 140am or something.

christopher
09-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I know Steel Panther doesn't go on in Vegas on the Strip till ike 130am or something.

Latest show I've been to was Anvil and that got over at like 140am or something.

Well that makes sense cause its Vegas. People like to party all night there.

I've been to a few super late shows. I saw Stapled Shut at a bar in LA and they went on around 1:40am and played until around 2am. I saw Digitalism go on at 1am and play until after 2am. I hate when bands go on that late.

Natrlhi
09-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get to the Alston Skeletonwitch show due to my lack of a license (I could get there no problem, but I would be stranded at the subway station about 15-20 minutes from my house once the show got out). I'm fairly sure I'm going to the show down in Pawtucket with my buddy the following night. It's a shame too because it would've really cool to meet you (Though I've been to the same show as a few people on here, I've not met anyone that posts here in person before.)Aw, crap. Seriously? That's too bad. Looks like you're in the opposite direction from Allston than Providence is, too. I would offer to do the driving (after all, I'll be driving a rental car and I don't even have to pay for gas :fist:), but that would make for a pretty damn late night for me, and I have a flight to catch early the next morning. Plus, it sounds like you've got your plans pretty well set anyway.

Oh well. You'll just to wait for that ass-whupping, then. ;)

Primordial tonight! :D We're almost there I believe.No fucking way. Jon had tomorrow night's date posted in his sig, so I figured you Pitt folks were all lined up to go see this show in Rochester for some reason. I was gonna go tonight, but the last sitter on my list was busy and I have to stay home with the twins tonight. Hope you guys are having a blast. I want set lists for Primordial and Cormorant, dammit. :bouville:

RAZOR
09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
No fucking way. Jon had tomorrow night's date posted in his sig, so I figured you Pitt folks were all lined up to go see this show in Rochester for some reason. I was gonna go tonight, but the last sitter on my list was busy and I have to stay home with the twins tonight. Hope you guys are having a blast. I want set lists for Primordial and Cormorant, dammit. :bouville:

Jon is going to the show in Rochester, but my friend Chris and I went up to Cleveland because it's closer, haha. You missed a great fucking show man, I wish you could of made it!

IrritatedTrout
09-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Rush tonight! I'll let you guys know if there are any set changes.

https://twitter.com/IrritatedTrout I'll put it here when it happens if there is a change.

mastodon421
09-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Aw, crap. Seriously? That's too bad. Looks like you're in the opposite direction from Allston than Providence is, too. I would offer to do the driving (after all, I'll be driving a rental car and I don't even have to pay for gas :fist:), but that would make for a pretty damn late night for me, and I have a flight to catch early the next morning. Plus, it sounds like you've got your plans pretty well set anyway.

Oh well. You'll just to wait for that ass-whupping, then. ;)

I have a feeling me going to the Pawtucket show isn't going to work out either. My buddy is the nicest kid you'll ever meet, but he is a spaceshot and an absolutely awful planner. If you we're willing to do me a huge solid and drive me back, that would be awesome. If not, it's completely straight as well. Just let me know.

energymetal14
09-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I have a feeling me going to the Pawtucket show isn't going to work out either. My buddy is the nicest kid you'll ever meet, but he is a spaceshot and an absolutely awful planner. If you we're willing to do me a huge solid and drive me back, that would be awesome. If not, it's completely straight as well. Just let me know.

Hey man, where do you live? I'm going to the Allston show and am coming from north of Boston. I go to Merrimack College so I'll be heading out of the city either way, i could prob. give you a ride back if you needed it.

mastodon421
09-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey man, where do you live? I'm going to the Allston show and am coming from north of Boston. I go to Merrimack College so I'll be heading out of the city either way, i could prob. give you a ride back if you needed it.

I live in Swampscott, which is also north of Boston. Merrimack is in North Andover right? Swampscott is on the way back there, so that would probably work.

Triggz
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Katatonia/Devy tonight :D

energymetal14
09-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah it's in North Andover, so Swampscott wouldn't be too far out of the way. Send me a message or something if you need the ride for sure, and I'm definitely willing to help out!:fist: I know missing a show because you have no ride is never fun.

mastodon421
09-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah it's in North Andover, so Swampscott wouldn't be too far out of the way. Send me a message or something if you need the ride for sure, and I'm definitely willing to help out!:fist: I know missing a show because you have no ride is never fun.

Thanks a lot man, I'll probably take you up on the offer. I'll let you know in the next couple of days.

ShatteredFlame
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm trying not to be too bummed about missing Descendents tonight. Hopefully i'll get another chance. I'm probably gonna buy my Devin Townsend/Katatonia tickets sometime in the next couple days.

I think you lucked out. It turns out that the Riot Fest was shut down before Hot Water Music/Descendants/Gogol Bordello went on due to the storm that hit Brooklyn. Descendants and Hot Water Music played a free show in Saint Vitus that night but of course with the very limited space I'm sure they'll want to make up for their failed Riot Fest appearance.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/09/riot_fest_got_s.html

PVH5150
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Just announced

December 7th @ the Palladium

Sonata Arctica & Arsis

Odd, but awesome pairing.

NickLed19
09-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Do not have another show for over a month. Sucks

John The Drummer
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Do not have another show for over a month. Sucks
I wish I were you.... I have 4 :-|

NickLed19
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM

lol shows are great but I wish I had like 1-2 a month, that would make me look foward to them more. I have had 4 a week before. Its crazy.

Natrlhi
09-09-2012, 06:05 PM

Thanks a lot man, I'll probably take you up on the offer. I'll let you know in the next couple of days.Let's keep in touch about the show. If you guys are going, then I probably will too. Otherwise I might pass. I've seen Skeletits and Early Graves before, and they were OK but not unmissable. I don't have much interest in the other bands.

TonyD
09-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Then don't go...
#firstworldproblems

brutal_descent
09-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Gojira (in Moscow) October 21st. Looks like I'll be double-dipping with Gojira this fall (and in two different countries, too!).

energymetal14
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Let's keep in touch about the show. If you guys are going, then I probably will too. Otherwise I might pass. I've seen Skeletits and Early Graves before, and they were OK but not unmissable. I don't have much interest in the other bands.

Sounds like a good idea. I've already bought a ticket so I'm definitely going unless something major comes up, but I don't see that happening.

PowerMaiden
09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Accept & Kreator tonight !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mastodon421
09-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Let's keep in touch about the show. If you guys are going, then I probably will too. Otherwise I might pass. I've seen Skeletits and Early Graves before, and they were OK but not unmissable. I don't have much interest in the other bands.

Yes I'm definitely going now (because energymetal is the fucking man and is giving me a ride back:metal:) I'm buying my ticket today or tomorrow.

Coma323
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
9/21 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost
9/22 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost
9/23 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost

brutal_descent
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
9/21 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost
9/22 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost
9/23 - Katatonia/Paradise Lost

:D

John The Drummer
09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Then don't go...
#firstworldproblems

:lol:
If anything I'll be skipping Kreator.

ravenheart
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Testament in November. Win.

PVH5150
09-10-2012, 02:01 PM
11/9: Megadeth/Kyng at Lupo's in Providence, RI
11/11: Megadeth/Kyng at Palladium in Worcester, MA
11/13: Megadeth/Kyng at Oakdale in Wallingford, CT

dcmetal108
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Looks like I more than likely won't be going to see Hatebreed next week. :(

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
11/9: Megadeth/Kyng at Lupo's in Providence, RI
11/11: Megadeth/Kyng at Palladium in Worcester, MA
11/13: Megadeth/Kyng at Oakdale in Wallingford, CT

11/25 Megadeth in Charlotte, NC hopefully

illuminatus917
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Primordial/Vektor/Cormorant this Thursday.

Dark Funeral next Thursday.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor four Thursdays from now.

:bliss:

PVH5150
09-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Just announced

Winger
December 6th
Showcase Live
Foxboro, MA

One of the last hair metal bands I've yet to see. Can't wait.

brutal_descent
09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Alcest on Sunday, possibly Tephra next Thursday, and Behemoth next Sunday.

mastodon421
09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Lil B is playing at the Middle East on September 30th. #swag

BloodoftheKings
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Lil B is playing at the Middle East on September 30th. #swag

If you don't actually go I will be greatly disappointed in you.

John The Drummer
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Dose anyone know who is drumming for Testament on their tour? I know I could easily find it, but work computer is too slow to search anything :D

mastodon421
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
If you don't actually go I will be greatly disappointed in you.

I'll be greatly disappointed in myself If I don't go:lol:. 2 of my buddies are down so barring somethind drastic happening, I should be going:party:

BloodoftheKings
09-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll be greatly disappointed in myself If I don't go:lol:. 2 of my buddies are down so barring somethind drastic happening, I should be going:party:

:fist:

I expect a full review w/the setlist.

mastodon421
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
:fist:

I expect a full review w/the setlist.

No problem.

powerslave_85
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM
11/30-Dinosaur Jr./Screaming Females (Paradise Rock Club, Boston)
1/18-Green Day (Manchester, NH)

I don't like Green Day's newer stuff, but I've never seen them and I feel like I need to at least once. Plus, it looks like it's in a smaller venue than they've usually been playing the last few years, which will be cool.

dcmetal108
09-11-2012, 06:32 PM

I don't like Green Day's newer stuff, but I've never seen them and I feel like I need to at least once. Plus, it looks like it's in a smaller venue than they've usually been playing the last few years, which will be cool.

I plan on going to the Chicago date just because I'd also love to see them and enjoy everything from American Idiot and back.

mankvill
09-11-2012, 07:33 PM

There's talk of them bringing back Pop Disaster for kinda a tenth year anniversary thing.

That's: blink-182/Green Day/Jimmy Eat World/Saves The Day

Not entirely sure blink-182 could headline over Green Day, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

dcmetal108
09-11-2012, 07:42 PM
There's talk of them bringing back Pop Disaster for kinda a tenth year anniversary thing.

Not entirely sure blink-182 could headline over Green Day, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

I'm sure they could. Blink 182's last tour with MCR played a bigger venue than Green Day is.

makethemsuffer12
09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Dose anyone know who is drumming for Testament on their tour? I know I could easily find it, but work computer is too slow to search anything :D

Isn't it Hoglan? I mean he's pretty much in the band at this point.

NickLed19
09-12-2012, 02:22 AM

I would go to that for sure. When is Blink gonna tour again?

christopher
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm most likely going to see Metalachi tonight at the LA County Fair. They are playing four shows starting at 6:30pm. My parents wanted me to drop them off at the Fair and pick them up at 7pm, so I might be late to the show.

John The Drummer
09-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Isn't it Hoglan? I mean he's pretty much in the band at this point.

THat's what I figured, but who knows, he could be busy with some other project, causing Testament to get a replacement or something :D

If he for is then I CANNOT miss that show.

kalfitegrdan
09-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Pallbearer/Royal Thunder on Friday. On Saturday I'm going to Riot Fest in Chicago and am going to see a whole shitload of bands (Only catching full sets of Teenage Bottlerocket, GWAR and The Adicts) and gonna be running back and forth between stages all day until like five thirty when I leave to go to Joliet to catch Kreator and Accept.

kalfitegrdan
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Touche Amore tomorrow :drool:

PVH5150
09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Steve Vai at the Wilbur Theater in Boston tomorrow.

Can't wait!

mankvill
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Touche Amore tomorrow :drool:

I've seen TA every time they've played here. I hope I can get to see them on their current tour, even though I really couldn't care less about the other bands.

Natrlhi
09-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Pallbearer/Royal Thunder on Friday.Tonight for me. I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to see them, by myself, in a small hole-in-the-wall venue I've never been to before...just me and my crappy little point-and-shoot camera and the bands who are playing.

Even so, I have the utmost faith that it will be a glorious evening. :bliss:

EDIT: The local openers they have on the bill sound like they might be pretty good. #fingerscrossed

mankvill
09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Venue here just tweeted out that Devin Townsend is closing out the show tonight! :D

illuminatus917
09-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Tonight for me. I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to see them, by myself, in a small hole-in-the-wall venue I've never been to before...just me and my crappy little point-and-shoot camera and the bands who are playing.

Even so, I have the utmost faith that it will be a glorious evening. :bliss:

EDIT: The local openers they have on the bill sound like they might be pretty good. #fingerscrossed

You have to review that.

Natrlhi
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM
You have to review that.ZERO PERCENT CHANCE...that I won't. :D

('tis simply a matter of when...:eyes:)

illuminatus917
09-13-2012, 02:26 PM
ZERO PERCENT CHANCE

:bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville:

...that I won't. :D

http://i50.tinypic.com/10zthf4.jpg

EDIT: And I... am off to see Cormorant, Vektor and Primordial. :D

BloodoftheKings
09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Tom Morello and Jello Biafra are gonna perform at the Occupy Wall Street protest this coming sunday. I'm a little tempted to go.

ShatteredFlame
09-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Damn I had the Touche Amore opening night setlist on my phone but it somehow got erased and I wasn't really planning on posting it by heart.

Let's see I know they played:

And Now It's Happening In Mine
Honest Sleep
Cadence
Throwing Copper
History Reshits Itself
Nine
Suckerfish
Broken Records

Tilde
Pathfinder
The Great Repetition
Art Official
Uppers / Downers
Method Act
Sesame
Condolences
Home Away From Here
Amends

Whale Belly
(another new song, they named it and I forgot what it was called :hecho:, I think it's the long one from the Europe tour)

The only thing I know for sure with the order is that they opened with The Great Repetition and went into Art Official. And the end of the set was Home Away From Here > Amends > Honest Sleep > Condolences. A pretty weird ordered finale.

Show was pretty awesome. Lots of people were there solely for TA and the place just erupted when they played. O'Brother was ok, Balance and Composure are as generic as whatever genre you want to put them in gets, and Circa is just not my thing.

mankvill
09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Damn I had the Touche Amore opening night setlist on my phone but it somehow got erased and I wasn't really planning on posting it by heart.

Honest Sleep
Cadence
Throwing Copper
History Reshits Itself
Nine
Suckerfish
Broken Records

Tilde
Pathfinder
The Great Repetition
Art Official
Uppers / Downers
Method Act
Sesame
Condolences
Home Away From Here
Amends

Whale Belly
(another new song, they named it and I forgot what it was called :hecho:, I think it's the long one from the Europe tour)

The only thing I know for sure with the order is that they opened with The Great Repetition and went into Art Official. And the end of the set was Home Away From Here > Amends > Honest Sleep > Condolences. A pretty weird ordered finale.

Show was pretty awesome. Lots of people were there solely for TA and the place just erupted when they played. O'Brother was ok, Balance and Composure are as generic as whatever genre you want to put them in gets, and Circa is just not my thing.

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i gotta see this tour now. did they do anything off their splits with La Dispute or Casket Lottery?

XDoomsayerX
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM

Honest Sleep
Cadence
Throwing Copper
History Reshits Itself
Nine
Suckerfish
Broken Records

Tilde
Pathfinder
The Great Repetition
Art Official
Uppers / Downers
Method Act
Sesame
Condolences
Home Away From Here
Amends

Whale Belly

Dis set! :drool: So you dont know anything from Circa? Left after Touche?

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i gotta see this tour now. did they do anything off their splits with La Dispute or Casket Lottery?

The new song he's talking about and Whale Belly are from Casket Lottery split.

mankvill
09-13-2012, 10:20 PM
:party:

ShatteredFlame
09-14-2012, 04:12 AM
nothing off the La Dispute split. But yeah Whale Belly is on that Casket Lottery split.

Dis set! :drool: So you dont know anything from Circa? Left after Touche?

The new song he's talking about and Whale Belly are from Casket Lottery split.

I watched Circa because I went with friends who went mostly for them but I'm not really into them so I can't really tell you what they played the only thing I know for sure is that they opened with the first song off the new album.

I'm not really sure if that new song is on the Casket Lottery split. The tracklist I'm looking at only has Whale Belly and a Replacements cover of the song Unsatisfied and I can tell you that it wasn't the cover that they played. I remember the title being "Gravitational..." something...or i could be wrong :eyes:

jd091
09-14-2012, 02:55 PM
So, I'm not going to the Odd Future show on sunday, only the Trash Wang show after.... since I sold my ticket for $130 on stubhub. Paid $30 for it. Odd future fans, man. :D

treghet
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
So, I'm not going to the Odd Future show on sunday, only the Trash Wang show after.... since I sold my ticket for $130 on stubhub. Paid $30 for it. Odd future fans, man. :D

Hahahaha wow. You just won. At everything.

ShatteredFlame
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Damn the CT date didn't even sell out.

christopher
09-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Cattle Decapitation playing Monolith of Inhumanity in its entirety tomorrow!!!!! :D

dcmetal108
09-15-2012, 05:28 AM
My current show list :

Oct. 4th - Trapped Under Ice / Backtrack / Harm's Way / Naysayer - Beat Kitchen
Oct. 11th - Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson - Allstate Arena (?)
Oct. 12th - After The Burial - Reggies
Oct. 16th - IWABO - Mojoes
Oct. 18th - An Evening With Gym Class Heroes - Bottomlounge
Oct. 21st - Mayday Parade - Metro (?)
Oct. 28th - Title Fight - Reggies (?)
Nov. 2nd - Sum 41 - House Of Blues
Nov. 3nd - Napalm Death / Exhumed / Vektor/ Weekend Nachoes - Reggies
Nov. 8th - MXPX - Bottomlounge
Nov. 13th - Skeletonwitch - Reggies (?)
Nov. 16th - Black Dahlia Murder - Aragon Ballroom (?)
Nov. 17th - The Ghost Inside - House Of Blues
Nov. 23 or Nov. 24 - Yellowcard / The Wonder Years - House Of Blues (?)
Nov. 28th - Woe Is Me / Chunk! No Captain Chunk - Bottomlounge (?)
Nov. 30th - Lamb Of God - Congress Theater
Dec. 1st - New Found Glory - Bottomlounge
Dec. 2nd - Asking Alexandria / AILD / SS - Congress Theater
Dec. 11th - Evluveitie - Bottomlounge
Dec. 13th - Stick To Your Guns - Bottomlounge (?)

brutal_descent
09-15-2012, 06:31 AM
* : not sure if going

September:

16 (tomorrow!) - Alcest with Toe and Leech
20 - Tephra *
23 - Behemoth with Survive

October:

08 - Devil Sold His Soul
20 - Job for a Cowboy
21 - Gojira
27 - Electric Wizard with Kongh

November:

01 - Gojira
03 - Sodom
16 - Mono
17 - Korpiklaani
21 - Electric Six *
23 - Bloc Party

December:

12 - Lady Gaga with The Darkness and Lady Starlight

February:

03 - Sonata Arctica

April:

20 - Tankard

treghet
09-15-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm still jealous you get to see Sodom.

PVH5150
09-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Still time for a few more to be announced, but if not, here's how October is looking....

10/1 The Melvins Paradise Boston, MA
10/3 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel State Theater Portland, ME
10/4 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel Webster Theater Hartford, CT
10/9 Heart Orpheum Theater Boston, MA
10/13 Rock N Shock DCU Center Worcester, MA
10/15 Inquisition Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA
10/20 McAuley Schenker Group Rock Junction West Greenwich, RI
10/21 Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson Verizon Wireless Arena Manchester, NH
10/24 Rush TD Garden Boston, MA
10/25 Blue Oyster Cult Showcase Live Foxboro, MA
10/26 Gov’t Mule Orpheum Theater Boston, MA
10/27 Epica/Alestorm/Insomnium Palladium Downstairs Worcester, MA
10/29 Municipal Waste/Napalm Death Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA

brutal_descent
09-15-2012, 08:04 AM
10/1 The Melvins Paradise Boston, MA
10/3 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel State Theater Portland, ME
10/4 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel Webster Theater Hartford, CT
10/15 Inquisition Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA
10/29 Municipal Waste/Napalm Death Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA

:rocker:

treghet
09-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Today begins my barrage of fall shows! Going to leave for Cattle Decapitation in a couple hours and then after that I'm going to go see Xibalba and Stick Together next door. :D

Sepultura69
09-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Today begins my barrage of fall shows! Going to leave for Cattle Decapitation in a couple hours and then after that I'm going to go see Xibalba and Stick Together next door. :D

AND OBITUARY in two weeks! Soooo looking forward to the key club show. Hope to catch you, srm, and xdoomsayer there. I'll most likely PM you my # on the day of the show(that is of course, if you're down to have a little metalsetlist meet up or something. If not, its all good). :D :rocker::rocker:

christopher
09-15-2012, 09:59 AM

Lets hope we don't melt before we get in. It's so fucking hot outside.

christopher
09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
AND OBITUARY in two weeks! Soooo looking forward to the key club show. Hope to catch you and srm, xdoomsayer there. I'll most likely PM you my # on the day of the show(that is of course, if you're down to have a little metalsetlist meet up or something. If not, its all good). :D :rocker::rocker:

are you coming to the Glass House today?

Sepultura69
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
are you coming to the Glass House today?

Nah, I gotta go to work in a couple more hours. Fudge.... :flame:

christopher
09-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Nah, I gotta go to work in a couple more hours. Fudge.... :flame:

Aww lame, well hopefully you can make it out to Saint Vitus with Atheist next month.

Sepultura69
09-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Aww lame, well hopefully you can make it out to Saint Vitus with Atheist next month.

is it like the other scion shows where the show ends by 6pm?

treghet
09-15-2012, 10:18 AM
AND OBITUARY in two weeks! Soooo looking forward to the key club show. Hope to catch you, srm, and xdoomsayer there. I'll most likely PM you my # on the day of the show(that is of course, if you're down to have a little metalsetlist meet up or something. If not, its all good). :D :rocker::rocker:

For sure! :D

is it like the other scion shows where the show ends by 6pm?

Yeah. The info should be announced on Monday.

John The Drummer
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Playing with Abby Wiliams tonight at a shitty dive bar in Olympia. It'll suck ass, or slay.

jd091
09-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Riot Fest so far = The Black Flag Tattoo Convention

jesus christ people

XDoomsayerX
09-15-2012, 01:29 PM

I'll look into Obituary.

Damn I'm too broke to go to a free show(gas! and overdue oil change). haha oh well have fun all you socal metalheads! :rocker:

dcmetal108
09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Riot Fest so far = The Black Flag Tattoo Convention

jesus christ people

I heard from people that are die hard fans of Riot Fest that it fucking blew today. Someone said they started some bands earlier than it said online and they screwed fans over doing that.

AnataFan4Life
09-15-2012, 06:03 PM
So I missed Cerebral Bore at Summer Slaughter. As you all know, they are opening for Dying Fetus and Cattle Decapitation in December, which I will go to if there's a NC date. However, a local venue just announced that Cattle Decapitation will do a headlining show in November, and Dying Fetus will do one in December.

So my question is: do I go to the actual tour and finally see Cerebral Bore at the expense of a shorter Cattle Decapitation set, or do I got to these two local shows and get headlining sets, but miss Cerebral Bore again?

Natrlhi
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm still jealous you get to see everyfuckingthing.
:agree:

Onioner
09-15-2012, 09:32 PM

I'll be back in LA just in time for that show and Kreator, I hope to see you all you dudes there!

brutal_descent
09-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Alcest tonight. Oh, man. I've been waiting for this for about a year and a half now :drool:

ravenheart
09-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Finally at the end of this week I'm back to going to gigs again! I hate the Summer lull.

SEPTEMBER
21 - W.A.S.P.
22 - Marshall Amps 50 Years of Loud Live!

OCTOBER
05 - Astral Doors
07 - Overkill
11 - Slash
16 - Joanne Shaw Taylor
21 - Down
22 - Leprous
26 - Jettblack
28 - Alice Cooper

NOVEMBER
01 - Pentagram
16 - Arena
26 - Rob Zombie
30 - Testament

DECEMBER
01 - Europe
02 - SOiL + Fozzy
07 - My Dying Bride
10 - Katatonia
18 - Fear Factory
20 - Iced Earth
21 - Thunder

christopher
09-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I just found out The Mob are playing two LA shows next month!!!! I'm going to be at one of them for sure! Don't know the exact dates yet.

GarageMetal468
09-17-2012, 09:18 AM
OBITUARY TONIGHT!!!

Sepultura69
09-17-2012, 10:20 AM
So apparently i work on thursday from 8-5pm.... :hmm:

After that i'M OFF for the rest of day... :hmm:

YOB also happens to be playing on that exact same day.... :rocker:

hmmm.. :D

I'm just paranoid that I will get kicked out again like the last YOB show... :eyes: :eyes:

PVH5150
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Just announced

Tombs
October 25th
Middle East Upstairs
Cambridge, MA

The night directly after Rush at the Garden? Schwinggggg

Triggz
09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Yob and Cormorant tomorrow:rocker::rocker::rocker::horns::horns::hor ns:

ravenheart
09-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Yes!! Gojira are coming back. I can now make up for having to miss them in July!

EDIT: Holy mother of fuck you, Trepalium are supporting. FUCK. YES. !!!.

Dextrimental
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes!! Gojira are coming back. I can now make up for having to miss them in July!

EDIT: Holy mother of fuck you, Trepalium are supporting. FUCK. YES. !!!.

GOD DAM IT!!!! I'll never see Trepalium......

energymetal14
09-18-2012, 01:29 PM
My current list of possible show, and this is if everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, there's like a 99% chance I won't make some of these):

9/20 - Ramlord, Finisher @ WWTA (gonna have to miss Infernal Stronghold in order to catch):
9/20 - Skeletonwitch @ Great Scott:rocker:
9/22 - Misser @ Middle East (Upstairs)
9/24 - Saint Vitus, Weedeater, Sourvein @ Middle East Downstairs
9/27 - Sneeze, Lube, Bedroom Eyes @ O'Briens
9/29 - Morbid Angel, Dark Funeral, Grave, Vital Remains, Vadimvon @ Palladium:rocker:

10/4 - Led to the Grave, INTHESHIT @ Ralph's
10/7 - Forces Asphyxiation @ O'Briens
10/15 - Septicflesh, Melechesh, Krisiun, Inquisition, Ex Deo, Inquisition @ Middle East (Downstairs)
10/18 - Phobia, String Intention, D.I.S. @ Dusk:rocker:
10/27 - Epica, Alestorm, Insomnium, System Divide, Blackguard @ Palladium:rocker:
10/29 - Napalm Death, Municipal Waste, Exhumed, Vektor @ Middle East (Downstairs):rocker:

11/2 - Pierce The Veil @ Palladium (yeah I know, I'm not going by choice)
11/11 - Suffocation, Totality, Abnormality, Sexcrement, Scaphism @ Middle East (Downstairs)
11/13 - Red Fang, Black Tusk @ Middle East (Downstairs)

12/21 - Eluveitie, Wintersun, Varg @ Royale:rocker:

The :rocker: are ones I HAVE to be at, or have tix for already. I'm pissed cause Enabler announced a show near me the same night as Phobia, but I gotta go with Phobia. Definitely looking forward to an insane show Thursday and a solid MS meet-up!:party:

Anyone going to any of these shows definitely let me know!

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Hatebreed, Whitechapel, and All Shall Perish tonight. Shit will get wild.

brutal_descent
09-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Another support band got added to the Behemoth bill... damn it. I fucking hate sitting through the locals :hecho:

ravenheart
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
GOD DAM IT!!!! I'll never see Trepalium......

That's what I've always been thinking. CANNOT miss this. Buying my ticket immediately on Friday.

mastodon421
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Skeletonwitch tommorow night! Stoked.

John The Drummer
09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Anthrax/Testament tonight! Stoked to finally see Gene Hoglan in person!

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Leaving now for Hatebreed, Whitechapel, and All Shall Perish.

Sepultura69
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Thinking about hitting up the YOB show tomorrow. I will be off work by 5pm, and seeing YOB perform at a small bar in hollywood sounds like some fun. :D

christopher
09-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Thinking about hitting up the YOB show tomorrow. I will be off work by 5pm, and seeing YOB perform at a small bar in hollywood sounds like some fun. :D

Post a setlist :D

ravenheart
09-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Another support band got added to the Behemoth bill... damn it. I fucking hate sitting through the locals :hecho:

Surely you're seeing Memorain this month?!

brutal_descent
09-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Surely you're seeing Memorain this month?!

Who the fuck are Memorain?

Edit: Did my homework :lol: This sounds cool, but this is the second time they've been here this year, and there are seven locals opening the show. I'll go next time.

ravenheart
09-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Who the fuck are Memorain?

Edit: Did my homework :lol: This sounds cool, but this is the second time they've been here this year, and there are seven locals opening the show. I'll go next time.

The album is awesome.

Natrlhi
09-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Skeletonwitch tommorow night! Stoked.
Wish I could say the same, but in fact I still don't know if I'm going. There are some people I need to talk to at this conference that I haven't had a chance to meet with yet, and if I can't do so before the end of the day, I might have to stay for the dinner function tonight. Even if that happens, it still doesn't necessarily mean I can't make it, but I'd be burning my candle at both ends for sure, because I also have to get up at 7:00 AM at the latest tomorrow morning to catch my flight home.

Let's just say that if I do decide to grace this show with my presence (:cool:), I will be the tall dude wearing a Nile tour shirt, tan cargo shorts, and a baseball cap that will most likely piss off everyone in the venue. :finger:

Natrlhi
09-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Fuck it. I'm going. The people I wanted to talk to have already left, and I've gotten a lot done here in the last few days.

Time for some Skeletits and an ass-whuppin' for Mr. Masto421. :boxer:

illuminatus917
09-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Nile tour shirt

Also a fine choice of apparel to wear to a dinner function.

mastodon421
09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Fuck it. I'm going. The people I wanted to talk to have already left, and I've gotten a lot done here in the last few days.

Time for some Skeletits and an ass-whuppin' for Mr. Masto421. :boxer:

Lol I'm looking forward to getting the shit kicked out of me;). I'm wearing an Obscura tour shirt so if you see me be sure to punch me square in the face.

dcmetal108
09-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Lol I'm looking forward to getting the shit kicked out of me;). I'm wearing an Obscura tour shirt so if you see me be sure to punch me square in the face.

hahah hopefully he doesn't even say a work to you. He just walks up, knocks you out, then walks away.

energymetal14
09-20-2012, 02:44 PM

Haha Skeletonwitch + watching this = gonna be a great night!:party:

John The Drummer
09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Can't decide if I want to do Kreator on Saturday or not, since I will be going to Obituary on Sunday... BLARG.

Sepultura69
09-20-2012, 04:31 PM
YOB tonight @ the "Down and Out" Bar. :rocker:

Natrlhi
09-20-2012, 07:06 PM

hahah hopefully he doesn't even say a work to you. He just walks up, knocks you out, then walks away.

Haha Skeletonwitch + watching this = gonna be a great night!:party:
Well fuck me - I couldn't make it after all. I'm much too tired and frustrated to explain now, and lest I go into a rant or a long boring story nobody cares about, let's just say that a couple of equipment malfunctions occurred and before I knew it, my plans were shot to hell. I'm very disappointed, as I've had the good fortune to have met several members of this forum, but I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight.

I hope you guys are having a blast right now, though. :fist:

For the record, since we're not gonna meet up after all (at least not this time), I was never planning to beat your ass. I might have tried to give you a noogie though.

moobys37
09-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Hanging out with Grim Kim at the Saint Vitus show Sunday.

ShatteredFlame
09-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Well it looks like I'm going to The Eric Andre Show in NYC tomorrow :D

Sepultura69
09-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Post a setlist :D

I just did. A setlist and a sloppy summary of how the show went down. It's 3 am in the morning right now and I'm still shaking at how fucking heavy tonights show was.. :D :bowdown:

VoidFlame
09-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Just got a flyer for a Three headlining show at Foufounes Électriques on November 2nd! Expect a tour announcement soon.

mastodon421
09-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Well fuck me - I couldn't make it after all. I'm much too tired and frustrated to explain now, and lest I go into a rant or a long boring story nobody cares about, let's just say that a couple of equipment malfunctions occurred and before I knew it, my plans were shot to hell. I'm very disappointed, as I've had the good fortune to have met several members of this forum, but I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight.

I hope you guys are having a blast right now, though. :fist:

For the record, since we're not gonna meet up after all (at least not this time), I was never planning to beat your ass. I might have tried to give you a noogie though.

No shit you weren't going to beat my ass, I'm pretty sure beating someone up that's half your age that's not your kid is frowned upon;) In all seriousness though, It really sucks you couldn't make it. I would've really liked to meet you and since I'm probably never going to be in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh area, I unfortunately probably never will. The show was badass though and me and energymetal did indeed have a blast:fist:

illuminatus917
09-21-2012, 12:37 PM
:fist: Metal Set Lists condones beating children.

mankvill
09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Just got a flyer for a Three headlining show at Foufounes Électriques on November 2nd! Expect a tour announcement soon.

Oh yeah, an alternative radio station here does a Halloween show every year and this year it's Coheed And Cambria w/ Dead Sara, The Dear Hunter and Three. I'm assuming maybe C&C and Three are touring together?

smearCampaign
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
War Master tonight!!! The best Bolt Thrower-worship I've ever heard. And in light of the Chaos In Tejas BT announcement, this will be one hell of a party. :rocker:

If you've not heard them, check it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi0K6pOTl4s)!

ShatteredFlame
09-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Well A$AP Rocky w/ A$AP Mob, Schoolboy-Q, and Danny Brown last night turned out to be one of my favorite concerts of the year even for a rap concert. Danny Brown especially was insane and is the first rapper I have seen live where I have had the feeling coming out that I really need to see this dude every single time he comes around, seriously a great performer. Even the interludes between bands, the DJ stuff was great at this show, the dude played banger after banger of some of the best new school rap with old school rap and the crowd loved it.

Even though I missed two of my favorite bands playing NYC (Katatonia and DTP), I am glad to say that I was not disappointed by what I went to instead. Great show.

Sepultura69
09-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Well A$AP Rocky w/ A$AP Mob, Schoolboy-Q, and Danny Brown last night turned out to be one of my favorite concerts of the year even for a rap concert. Danny Brown especially was insane and is the first rapper I have seen live where I have had the feeling coming out that I really need to see this dude every single time he comes around, seriously a great performer. Even the interludes between bands, the DJ stuff was great at this show, the dude played banger after banger of some of the best new school rap with old school rap and the crowd loved it.

Even though I missed two of my favorite bands playing NYC (Katatonia and DTP), I am glad to say that I was not disappointed by what I went to instead. Great show.

Thanks for the mini review. Me and a couple of my friends are going to be hitting this show up on October 26th! reading your review is getting me pretty excited! How was ASAP? I hope he plays "Leaf", "Goldie" and "Keep it G"!

NickLed19
09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Have an Asap setlist?

BloodoftheKings
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I've heard a lot of people say A$AP is god awful live. I heard they play the full song, not just the instrumental, over the PA and half the time he's not even rapping and just has the crowd rap along. Maybe he's gotten better since then. If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed. I understand that not everybody can have a live band but is it really that hard to get your own instrumentals for live shows?

Sepultura69
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed.

That's EXACTLY how it was for Mob Deep at Rock The bells 2011. Piss poor performance, and as you said...just god awful. Both mobb deep sounded horrible and it just made it worst they were rapping over their actually songs, rather than an instrumental. That's why i respect people like GZA, planet asia, ect. They sound incredible and it just sounds flat out awesome to hear them rapping over their respective songs with just the instrumental. Sometimes i won't even look at them and it will sound incredible hearing the rap over their beats.

Heres a great example.. Oh, and I'm in this video.. :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sm2retX5co

ShatteredFlame
09-24-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't think he was lip synching and I don't think I heard the full song coming of the speaker and I am not really familiar with his songs enough to know if he cut them but they seemed long enough to me. Danny Brown also came out to do a song with him and I know they at least played that one in full because it was a couple verses for each of them. Or he could've sucked......I dunno I was 4 blunts in at that point of the show :lol:.

There's no denying that Danny Brown will steal the show from the beginning. There was even moments where he completely dropped the music and just rattled off his verses perfectly.

treghet
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I am going to see Kreator after all! I won tickets. :cool:

PVH5150
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
High On Fire
Goatwhore
Primate
Lo-Pan

November 24th
The Sinclair
Cambridge, MA

masterguy49
09-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I've heard a lot of people say A$AP is god awful live. I heard they play the full song, not just the instrumental, over the PA and half the time he's not even rapping and just has the crowd rap along. Maybe he's gotten better since then. If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed. I understand that not everybody can have a live band but is it really that hard to get your own instrumentals for live shows?

I saw A$AP a few months back, I dug his music but I was kinda disappointed with his show. I still might go see them in November, but last time I saw them it was bad. They just played the music over the PA and tried going crazy like Odd Future

ShatteredFlame
09-25-2012, 09:17 AM
I saw A$AP a few months back, I dug his music but I was kinda disappointed with his show. I still might go see them in November, but last time I saw them it was bad. They just played the music over the PA and tried going crazy like Odd Future

Yeah I definitely see what you mean by them trying to be like Odd Future. His crew was stage diving everywhere but I thought it was pretty cool mainly because I saw Odd Future a few weeks ago in CT and they were highly disappointing compared to when I saw them in NY, besides the crowd sucking none of them even bothered stage diving or giving it their usual and their set was severely cut from other dates of the tour. I know Tyler was sick but the rest of them did not even try to make up for it. With A$AP Rocky I felt like the crowd was way more active and the fact that the A$AP Mob at least tried to put on an energetic performance made it the rare case where I preferred them to Odd Future.

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah I definitely see what you mean by them trying to be like Odd Future. His crew was stage diving everywhere but I thought it was pretty cool mainly because I saw Odd Future a few weeks ago in CT and they were highly disappointing compared to when I saw them in NY, besides the crowd sucking none of them even bothered stage diving or giving it their usual and their set was severely cut from other dates of the tour. I know Tyler was sick but the rest of them did not even try to make up for it. With A$AP Rocky I felt like the crowd was way more active and the fact that the A$AP Mob at least tried to put on an energetic performance made it the rare case where I preferred them to Odd Future.

I would never have expected that at these rap shows now that people would be in the pit and stagediving. I need to check these shows out.

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I would never have expected that at these rap shows now that people would be in the pit and stagediving. I need to check these shows out.

Just because there's stagediving and moshing?

ShatteredFlame
09-25-2012, 11:19 PM
The annoying thing about having mosh pits and stage diving at rap concerts is that eventually a fight breaks out because some moron feels personally offended when pushed. Even when some are jumping around and having fun dancing to the beat there's always others that get pissed at it.

BloodoftheKings
09-25-2012, 11:31 PM
The annoying thing about having mosh pits and stage diving at rap concerts is that eventually a fight breaks out because some moron feels personally offended when pushed. Even when some are jumping around and having fun dancing to the beat there's always others that get pissed at it.

I can only imagine how much this happens at hip hop shows. I cant stand when people act that way at metal/punk shows.

Coma323
09-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Big Business in New Haven tonight

dcmetal108
09-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Just because there's stagediving and moshing?

Pretty much. The few rap shows I've been to have been tamer.

treghet
09-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Kreator and Accept tonight, then Obituary tomorrow! :rocker:

mankvill
09-26-2012, 03:17 PM

best 48 hours ever? :rocker:

John The Drummer
09-26-2012, 03:26 PM

That's how it worked out here in Seattle too... but I missed both due to sinus infection :(

mankvill
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Dunno if I'll go to Nightwish tomorrow. Had a blast at the last few shows I went to where I didn't know anything by the headlining band (Sabaton, White Wizzard), but we'll see.

Ben Folds Five on Friday and Saint Fuckin' Vitus on Tuesday will be amazing, though.

mastodon421
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Coheed and Cambria tomorrow night and BASED FUCKING GOD on Sunday. Should be an awesome weekend.

OraclesofAgony
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I guess Suffocation and Origin are playing an after-party for this: http://www.scionav.com/event/403/french

Traffic is supposed to be insane in LA this weekend so I won't be going. Hopefully I can see Suffocation again on that rumored tour.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I guess Suffocation and Origin are playing an after-party for this: http://www.scionav.com/event/403/french

Traffic is supposed to be insane in LA this weekend so I won't be going. Hopefully I can see Suffocation again on that rumored tour.

Were did you read and find info on suffocation playing for this?!? I wanna see me some suffocation! And I will be off work by 5pm on saturday. I would be way down for this! Plus I've been wanting to see suffocation since I first saw them back at california metal fest 09'.

OraclesofAgony
09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Were did you read and find info on suffocation playing for this?!? I wanna see me some suffocation! And I will be off work by 5pm on saturday. I would be way down for this! Plus I've been wanting to see suffocation since I first saw them back at california metal fest 09'.

Scion A/V posted it on their facebook. If you RSVP for and attend the art show, you get a wristband for the after-party.

christopher
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM

I forgot they are shutting the freeways down!!! I guess I might not be going. We'll see.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 06:17 PM
I forgot they are shutting the freeways down!

wat :hecho:

christopher
09-27-2012, 06:21 PM
wat :hecho:

Well they're just shutting the 405 down from the 10 to the 101. It's still going to cause a mess.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Well they're just shutting the 405 down from the 10 to the 101. It's still going to cause a mess.

I

Hate

The 101!!! :flame:

I'm still going to try and attempt to go to this. The idea of sitting through the gallery sounds boring though :hecho:

But seeing suffocation in a small bar sounds like good times. :rocker:

christopher
09-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I

Hate

I'm still going to try and attempt to go to this. The idea of sitting through the gallery sounds boring though :hecho:

Well I don't think you'll have to sit through the gallery for 3 hours haha I'm sure you can get the wrist band and leave for a bit.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Well I don't think you'll have to sit through the gallery for 3 hours haha I'm sure you can get the wrist band and leave for a bit.

It sucks not having a phone at the moment, gonna have to figure out what to do if I get lost around my way over there. Plus it seems like I have to get on the 101 to get to the art gallery, but apparently the 101 will be shut down on saturday. I hate taking alternate detours.. :bouville: :hecho: :hecho:

hellawaits77ny
09-28-2012, 09:08 AM
East Coast Tsunami Fest tommorrow.

Natrlhi
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM

I

Hate

It sucks not having a phone at the moment, gonna have to figure out what to do if I get lost around my way over there. Plus it seems like I have to get on the 101 to get to the art gallery, but apparently the 101 will be shut down on saturday. I hate taking alternate detours.. :bouville: :hecho: :hecho:Why do you weird hippie types in CA always insist on putting the word "the" in front of the names of freeways, anyway? The rest of just say the number and we're done with it already.

christopher
09-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Why do you weird hippie types in CA always insist on putting the word "the" in front of the names of freeways, anyway? The rest of just say the number and we're done with it already.

:lol: I'm not sure. Someone pointed that out to me a few years ago. I know the rest of the country just says the number, but we say "the" before it. I guess its just a bad habit.

Natrlhi
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
:lol: I'm not sure. Someone pointed that out to me a few years ago. I know the rest of the country just says the number, but we say "the" before it. I guess its just a bad habit.California is one weird fucking country.

moobys37
09-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Just booked a Vattnet Viskar house show Tuesday.

Natrlhi
09-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Who are Fishnet Whiskers, and why are they selling their house?

illuminatus917
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
They said that in Jeepers Creepers too. "The 9"

And I don't think it took place in California.

But yeah, we never make highways definitive here either. It just sounds... awkward.

Natrlhi
09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
They said that in Jeepers Creepers too. "The 9"

And I don't think it took place in California.

But yeah, we never make highways definitive here either. It just sounds... awkward....and you are commenting about minutia like this instead of the new Caspian because...?

;)

Coma323
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
10/1 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Orpheum Theater - Boston, MA

smearCampaign
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Just booked a Vattnet Viskar house show Tuesday.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

treghet
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
California is one weird fucking country.

http://userimages01-akm.imvu.com/productdata/images_c94142dbeaaf66a14730500150074ee6.gif

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Suffocation tomorrow!!! But...

I don't think Frank will be there.

I don't really wanna go through all this trouble to find out its that decripit birth guy filling in. I'm looking at recent youtube videos of their most recent shows and it seems to be the guy from Decrepit birth filling in..

:(

christopher
09-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Suffocation tomorrow!!! But...

I don't think Frank will be there.

I don't really wanna go through all this trouble to find out its that decripit birth guy filling in. I'm looking at recent youtube videos of their most recent shows and it seems to be the guy from Decrepit birth filling in..

:(

How recent were the videos? Frank was at MDF...

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 05:34 PM
How recent were the videos? Frank was at MDF...

August of this year :(

treghet
09-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I just looked around on YouTube, because I thought you must have been watching a video from earlier in the year... well, you were right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiLH9KrfTY

That doesn't necessarily mean that Frank won't be there tomorrow though. But if he isn't, Bill is the best replacement you could get, and it's still a free show.

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean that Frank won't be there tomorrow though. But if he isn't, Bill is the best replacement you could get, and it's still a free show.

I bet bill will be with suffocation tomorrow. Even though decrepit birth didn't play at last nights obituary gig I'm pretty certain that the band members were still in hollywood, more importantly bill...

Also.. free show or not, all that gas aka $$$ that i have to waste during what a lot of people are calling CARMAGGEDON 2(Don't forget the freeways getting shutdown)IS FAR from free, my friend... Far from free..

illuminatus917
09-28-2012, 06:40 PM
...and you are commenting about minutia like this instead of the new Caspian because...?

;)

You're right, I'm wasting time with banalities.

My first inclination of the new Caspian is that it's indeed fucking gorgeous, possibly their most "beautiful" record to date. But I'm still digesting it and I hope I discover more beneath its surface with repeated listens. Or as DuBois would say, "beneath the veil." (Even though he was talking about the stereotypes whites bring to their interactions with blacks).

At this moment I would say it's not as good as pg.lost.

treghet
09-28-2012, 07:11 PM
I bet bill will be with suffocation tomorrow. Even though decrepit birth didn't play at last nights obituary gig I'm pretty certain that the band members were still in hollywood, more importantly bill...

Also.. free show or not, all that gas aka $$$ that i have to waste during what a lot of people are calling CARMAGGEDON 2(Don't forget the freeways getting shutdown)IS FAR from free, my friend... Far from free..

Tomorrow the Obituary tour hits Dallas. I know Decrepit Birth isn't on it anymore, but if Frank wasn't going to play why would Suffocation have been scheduled to play this show if they knew Decrepit Birth would be in Dallas? As for carmageddon, I don't think it will be as bad as the news says. I'm sure there will be noticeably more traffic, but they always exaggerate everything. It's not like you have to go anywhere near that part of the 405 anyway. I understand if you don't want to deal with all that, but I'm just saying... if Frank is there, don't complain about your decision. ;)

OraclesofAgony
09-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Well now that XDoomsayerX (http://www.metalsetlists.com/member.php?u=3943) is going, I will be seeing Suffocation and Origin tomorrow! :rocker:

treghet
09-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Well now that XDoomsayerX (http://www.metalsetlists.com/member.php?u=3943) is going, I will be seeing Suffocation and Origin tomorrow! :rocker:

I expect a set and review! :cool:

OraclesofAgony
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I expect a set and review! :cool:

I can do that. :D

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Same here. Metal set list meet up. :rocker:

Fuck it, if frank is a no show, well, at least I will still get to see Terrance Hobbes shred that fucking guitar into pieces :rocker:

mankvill
09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I just looked around on YouTube, because I thought you must have been watching a video from earlier in the year... well, you were right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiLH9KrfTY

also Origin is playing you fucking cunt

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 08:34 PM
also Origin is playing you fucking cunt

ok mankz now you're not allowed to crash at my pad for calling me a cunt. Have fun finding some one else to room with for your k-pop extravaganza :hmm:

mankvill
09-28-2012, 09:26 PM
ok mankz now you're not allowed to crash at my pad for calling me a cunt. Have fun finding some one else to room with for your k-pop extravaganza :hmm:

;-;!

treghet
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
;-;!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19852866.jpg

ShatteredFlame
09-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Went to a free Dropkick Murphys concert at my college today and the crowd surprisingly was pretty awesome with the moshing and crowd surfing. Security got pissed though and they would go inside the pit to break it up, but there was only 2 of them in a room of like 700 so as soon as they would break up a pit another one would start on the other side of the room :lol:.

BloodoftheKings
09-28-2012, 11:27 PM
BASED FUCKING GOD on Sunday. Should be an awesome weekend.

Can't wait to read your review. I found this partial set from his show last week in Toronto. It looks amazing.

Task Force
I Own Swag
Tiny Pants Bitch :rocker:
Texas
Swag Jerry Rice
Ima Eat Her Ass
Connected in Jail
Charlie Sheen
Woo Woo Swag
Ellen Degeneres
Green Card
Bitch Mob Anthem
Wonton Soup
Based Freestyle
Obama BasedGod
Total Recall
Keep It 100
Vans (The Pack song)
My Arms Are the Brooklyn Bridge

treghet
09-29-2012, 01:41 AM
This just got announced! :D

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/82405747/strife1.jpg

mastodon421
09-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Can't wait to read your review. I found this partial set from his show last week in Toronto. It looks amazing.

Task Force
I Own Swag
Tiny Pants Bitch :rocker:
Texas
Swag Jerry Rice
Ima Eat Her Ass
Connected in Jail
Charlie Sheen
Woo Woo Swag
Ellen Degeneres
Green Card
Bitch Mob Anthem
Wonton Soup
Based Freestyle
Obama BasedGod
Total Recall
Keep It 100
Vans (The Pack song)
My Arms Are the Brooklyn Bridge

I saw that too, Fucking amazing. If he plays Breathe Slow and You Swim on top of that, I will be beyond excited.