PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Saw that John The Drummer suggested one and I've been wanting to make one for a while. So let's discuss all past , present , and future about Pro Wrestling.

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
The Official "Fake Wrestling" Thread

Fixed ;)

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Pro Wrestling. Not Sports Entertainment.

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Pro Wrestling. Not Sports Entertainment.

There's a difference? ;)

Sanitarium78
04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Let's see, from 1984-1992 and again from 1996 -2002 wrestling was awesome. Presently, there needs to be more guys around that are as good as CM Punk and Daniel Bryan otherwise the future is gonna suck worse than it does now.

I think that just about covers everything.

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Up until about 2000 wrestling was good.

CM Punk's good as is Jericho. Got to see CM Punk as a no name jabber whose job it was to just take a beating about 12 years ago.

But we need more stuff like ECW and WCW. Two best companies ever.

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I grew up watching Hulk Hogan (and later, Randy Savage), Sgt. Slaughter and The Iron Sheik (among others) on Sunday mornings.

Then I got away from watching wrestling for many years.

Then, back in the early 2000's or so, I watched for a year or two while Goldberg was a big thing. He was the only one I liked, and I used to watch entire episodes just to see his matches. Everything else was crap to me. Goldberg was the shit.

Now I don't give a fuck anymore (again).

That just about sums it up for me. :tongue:

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Goldberg was awesome. If you ever saw the DVD that was released called "The Rise And Fall Of WCW" they explain how making Goldberg lose was the worst mistake they ever made and how after his loss they knew the company was going down.

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Goldberg was awesome. If you ever saw the DVD that was released called "The Rise And Fall Of WCW" they explain how making Goldberg lose was the worst mistake they ever made and how after his loss they knew the company was going down.Well it was definitely the beginning of the end of my watching WCW, that's for sure.

John The Drummer
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Awesome thread! :D

I must agree that WWE needs more people like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, everyone else is so stale and boring. Jack Swagger? Dolph Zigler? I'd rather watch Brooklyn Brawler wrestle the Great Khali in an Iron Man Match.

I turned it on for a second last night and caught the "CM Punk is drunk" thing with the cops and the sobriety test, that was fucking stupid.

mankvill
04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?

rjturtle9
04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I stopped watching WWE and TNA. I focus more on the Indys now, especially the Southern California ones. If you guys want good wrestling, check out CZW!

Dextrimental
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I stopped watching WWE and TNA. I focus more on the Indys now, especially the Southern California ones. If you guys want good wrestling, check out CZW!

My brother is one of the biggest wrestling geeks I know, he swears by CZW and ROH. no bullshit wrestling, right there!

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?:lol:

RAZOR
04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I haven't actually sat down and watched wrestling since the early 2000's. I'll flip it on every now and then but it's always so silly I turn it off. :lol:

scream4icecream
04-24-2012, 02:15 PM

PWG is about as good as it gets for Independent wrestling nowadays, I used to love CZW back when they had guys like Steen, Generico, Hero & Necro Butcher, about 2004-2008 i'd say. It's still a lot of fun but it's gone downhill in recent years with most of the names jumping to the WWE.

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I actually drove to Iowa with my dad last summer for the wrestling hall of fame inductions at the wrestling museum there. Got to hang out and meet such greats as Terry Funk (nicest guy I've ever met (twice)), Jim Ross, Jerry Briscoe, Hacksaw Jim Duggon, Mick Foley (asshole of the year), Mad Dog Vachune, Larry "The Axe" Henning, and Baron Von Rashke! among a few others I can't remember. But got to do a meet and greet, watch a roundtable discussion with them, then hang out with them in a conference hall before going to dinner with them all and doing the induction ceremony.

Coolest thing ever was getting to ride in a elevator with my dad , Terry Funk, and I and get to talk and joke around with him.

El Gordo
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
My brother and I grew up idolizing guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, Jake Roberts, etc. I continued watching with mild interest throughout the 90's and enjoyed watching the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker. When I started college my roommate and I would religiously get right baked every Monday night and watch Raw. Then one fateful Monday, Mae Young gave birth to a goddamn bloody rubber hand. WTF? That episode of Raw stopped that ritual right there. Weirdest, stupidest shit I've ever seen.

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 08:31 PM
My brother and I grew up idolizing guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant, Jake Roberts, etc. I continued watching with mild interest throughout the 90's and enjoyed watching the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker. When I started college my roommate and I would religiously get right baked every Monday night and watch Raw. Then one fateful Monday, Mae Young gave birth to a goddamn bloody rubber hand. WTF? That episode of Raw stopped that ritual right there. Weirdest, stupidest shit I've ever seen.

We need to get MPF in here, he has some fucked up Mae Young clips.

rjturtle9
04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
PWG is about as good as it gets for Independent wrestling nowadays, I used to love CZW back when they had guys like Steen, Generico, Hero & Necro Butcher, about 2004-2008 i'd say. It's still a lot of fun but it's gone downhill in recent years with most of the names jumping to the WWE.

I can't think of any CZW wrestler that has gone to WWE?

kalfitegrdan
04-24-2012, 11:45 PM
you mean Grown Men In Underwear - The Soap Opera?

:lol: This.

MPF
04-24-2012, 11:56 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581994_287801687971882_264520100300041_656844_7369 99051_n.jpg

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581994_287801687971882_264520100300041_656844_7369 99051_n.jpg

hahah I know you know about wrestling. :D

adamclark52
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I was huge into wrestling as a kid from about 1984-1992, then lost track until 1998. Then it got so interesting and I was into it again until early 2009. I'd watch it to this day but I work nights and have other things to do. And I'll agree that the product has gone downhill since early 2009 with only a few flashes of brilliance to sedate the hardcore fans (Nexus' first invasion, CM Punk quitting last summer). Micheal Cole played a big part in my stopping watching. too. He's gotten better lately but that character they had him playing around Wrestlemania XXVIII was brutal. The only PPV I watch last year was the Royal Rumble and the guy fucking made it unbearable.

CZW; from what I remember that was just a rip-off of the extreme side of ECW, and one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. Anyone can jump off a twenty foot cage and land in a pile of broken glass. Seeing that in ECW was awesome because they never overdid it, but the one CZW tape I saw was just two hours of homeless people killing themselves. ECW would have that shit, but throw in awesome wrestling at the same time.

Wrestling fans have to be one of the worst bunch. You can say you liked Brock Lesnars return last week and twenty of them will swarm you and tell you that you're wrong and here's why. I was on a wrestling board for a long time (still a member) but I had to stop posting. I was just sick of people telling me why I didn't like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I really could go on for hours about wrestling. I still love it.

elturtleboy
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I still watch it even tho most of the story lines are stupid.
I'm a big fan of CM Punk.
Not a TNA fan,tho they have the best wrestlers I just find it boring.
I'm also big on Lucha Libre.

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I was huge into wrestling as a kid from about 1984-1992, then lost track until 1998. Then it got so interesting and I was into it again until early 2009. I'd watch it to this day but I work nights and have other things to do. And I'll agree that the product has gone downhill since early 2009 with only a few flashes of brilliance to sedate the hardcore fans (Nexus' first invasion, CM Punk quitting last summer). Micheal Cole played a big part in my stopping watching. too. He's gotten better lately but that character they had him playing around Wrestlemania XXVIII was brutal. The only PPV I watch last year was the Royal Rumble and the guy fucking made it unbearable.

CZW; from what I remember that was just a rip-off of the extreme side of ECW, and one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. Anyone can jump off a twenty foot cage and land in a pile of broken glass. Seeing that in ECW was awesome because they never overdid it, but the one CZW tape I saw was just two hours of homeless people killing themselves. ECW would have that shit, but throw in awesome wrestling at the same time.

Wrestling fans have to be one of the worst bunch. You can say you liked Brock Lesnars return last week and twenty of them will swarm you and tell you that you're wrong and here's why. I was on a wrestling board for a long time (still a member) but I had to stop posting. I was just sick of people telling me why I didn't like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I really could go on for hours about wrestling. I still love it.

Wasn't CZW made by one of the wrestlers from ECW and had like 80% of the roster? I think I have a bunch of CZW dvds.

Also if anyone has Netflix on the instant queue they have a bunch of good wrestling dvds.

John The Drummer
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
It's a really bummer that TNA took such a nose dive once Hulk Hogan became so active in it. I remember when it first came out that it was awesome. Tons of new faces, a few older guys making appearances, it was entertainment. But now it is just so stale and doing what WWE does by having the same shit every week. Same faces, same matches, everything. Their backstage segments are weak too with the whole "Hidden camera around the corner" perspective.

They shouldn't have improved their production and kept it how it used to be :(

rjturtle9
04-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Yeah, you're wrong about everything bro. Czw was started by John Zandig, who wrestled in Japan. Later in it's history, they would bring some old ECW talent in for some shows, but for the most part, CZW was started using almost exclusive talent from the wrestling school they ran.

And on your average CZW card, there would only be one or two hardcore matches tops, the rest is some of the best wrestling from some of the best wrestlers in the country. Yeah, a lot of their brutal stuff is over done here and there, but it's an alternative to the traditional wrestling fans, and CZW caters to all wrestling fans. Seriously, they've had some of the best techical wrestling matches I've ever seen.

Sanitarium78
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Has anyone ever attended a Wrestlemania? I went to Wrestlemania 18 at the Toronto skydome in 2002. Considering i've been a fan since I saw Randy Savage beat Tito Santana for the Intercontinental title back in 1985 it was pretty big for me that I got to attended a Mania.

It was a really great experience to be in the audience especially to witness Hogan vs The Rock. To hear that annoying piece of crap The Rock get booed out of the building like he rightfully should be was great:D Pretty solid card overall from what i remember, RVD beat Regal for the IC title, Angle/Kane, Steve Austin/Scott Hall, Edge/Booker T, Undertaker/Flair and HHH/Jericho for the WWF undisputed championship was the main event.

I also attended the fan access at the CNE they had that weekend. My brother and I got to meet and get autographs from Ric Flair, The Big Show and Chris Benoit. I actually spoke to Benoit for a minute to because it was the end of the day and there wasn't anybody around. He was out with and injury and the time and I was telling him I was looking forward to him coming back. After the way his life ended it's kind of odd to think back on it and realise I had a brief conversation with a murderer. In recent years i've faded in and out when it comes to watching the weekly shows but the Benoit family tragedy almost made me stop watching completely.

Anyways, Wrestlemania is quite an experience to attend and if the last three or four of them hadn't sucked I would recommend that any WWE fan attend one at some point.

John The Drummer
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah, you're wrong about everything bro. Czw was started by John Zandig, who wrestled in Japan. Later in it's history, they would bring some old ECW talent in for some shows, but for the most part, CZW was started using almost exclusive talent from the wrestling school they ran.

And on your average CZW card, there would only be one or two hardcore matches tops, the rest is some of the best wrestling from some of the best wrestlers in the country. Yeah, a lot of their brutal stuff is over done here and there, but it's an alternative to the traditional wrestling fans, and CZW caters to all wrestling fans. Seriously, they've had some of the best techical wrestling matches I've ever seen.

I've been dying to get into CZW, but never got the chance. The most I've ever seen are the episodes of Botchamania that feature all the botches from CZW :D (which I recommend every past and present wrestling fan to watch, there are over 200 of them now).

Has anyone ever attended a Wrestlemania?

I was at Wrestlemania 19 when it was here in Seattle. It was so much fun. Limp Bizkit was the musical guest and the entire Safeco Field errupted in a "Boo" when they played. Also got to witness the Brock Lesnar Shooting Star Press botch live, it really didn't look as bad as it did on TV.... but damn... OUCH.

MPF
04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I used to be the biggest wrestling fan anyone could ever meet. From age 3-12 no one could have been a bigger wrestling fan for both WWF and WCW, and in the later parts ECW when it was on TNN.

I still have a lot of the knowledge of those years in my head, although some of it is gone. Hearing about Buff Bagwell today kinda really killed my day. :(

This is still the instant that kill wrestling for me and haven't been able to enjoy it since:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpdBoqLJ68

El Gordo
04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
This is still the instant that kill wrestling for me and haven't been able to enjoy it since:

YES! YES!!! That's the one! You and me both, brother! That scene changed my best friend and I forever.

Sanitarium78
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I used to be the biggest wrestling fan anyone could ever meet. From age 3-12 no one could have been a bigger wrestling fan for both WWF and WCW, and in the later parts ECW when it was on TNN.

I still have a lot of the knowledge of those years in my head, although some of it is gone. Hearing about Buff Bagwell today kinda really killed my day. :(

Yeah, that was one of the more "what the fuck?" things they've ever done. I don't mind stupid shit like this being done when it's just some useless undercard people involved in it. What turns me off is when they do dumb shit like that at the main event level. A perfect example is when HHH fueded with Kane for the world title like ten years ago and accused Kane of necrophilia with his ex-girlfriend. Which resulted in a lot of awful backstage video stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcBOB_xGW5I

The video was edited but you get the point.

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
So theres are chance that May 11th I'm going to see Resistance Pro. It's Billy Corigans promotion that he runs with Raven and some other guys. Vader is the special guest and I will buy the VIP tickets to get front row and do a meet and greet with Corigan, Vader, Raven, Rhyno (who I've met 2 or 3 times), and others. Really want to see Vader and dying to meet Raven.

SomewhereInTime72
04-25-2012, 09:00 PM
GUYS GUYS

did u no wrestling is fake

Christen
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Been a pro wrestling fan since I was a kid. My stance on pro wrestling is the same as my stance on metal: Some people like it and some people don't. I've seen the WWE live 4 times (Only house shows since that's all that comes here but it is on my bucket list to go to WrestleMania at least once). I used to love TNA but these days I think it's garbage. Got in to wrestling when some friends showed me WCW back in the day.

JRA
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Was more into the video games than I was the TV shows. I was into it from 92-94, before Doink The Clown made me ashamed to watch it.

Gotten back into it recently, though I've been watching it's history moreso than following current events.

adamclark52
04-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I was at Wrestlemania X8, Rock's ass got boo'd hard. I almost went to Wrestlemania VI but tickets were too expensive and I don't think my dad wanted to go anyway.

I also saw Summerslam 2004, Unforgiven 2006 and a bunch of Raw's and Smackdowns between 2002 and 2008, all in Toronto. Not to mention house shows. I probably saw the WWE live 20 times. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to want to got see them.

I saw a TNA PPV in Oshawa too, I think it was No Surrender 2008? I had really good seats four rows back and there was a really good ladder match between Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal.

adamclark52
04-26-2012, 09:04 AM

I don't know what tape he had, maybe it was some "CZW's Most EXTREME matches" or something but it really wasn't too great. I'm sure they had some good stuff but their extreme was just (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNibT_9-IJI)

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
If I didn't work Sunday night the WWE PPV is like 15 minutes away from me with the two big matches being

Brock Lesner vs John Cena
Chris Jericho vs CM Punk (Chicago Street Fight)

Those would be awesome to see.

Sanitarium78
04-26-2012, 02:27 PM
If I didn't work Sunday night the WWE PPV is like 15 minutes away from me with the two big matches being

Brock Lesner vs John Cena

Those would be awesome to see.

I'm not sure how good Lesnar/Cena will be considering it's been so long since Brock has wrestled a match in the WWE. Punk/Jericho will be awesome though. It's hard to think of a PPV match where those two didn't deliver something good.

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure how good Lesnar/Cena will be considering it's been so long since Brock has wrestled a match in the WWE. Punk/Jericho will be awesome though. It's hard to think of a PPV match where those two didn't deliver something good.

I think Lesner will do good just based off that it's his huge match return and they are really pushing it.

Did you see the clip from Raw where Lesner gets on top of Cena and punches him in the face and messes his shit up. It was a accident but he hit him good and now WWE is pushing the clip saying that Lesner is bringing the realness back to WWE.

Christen
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I think there's a pretty good chance Cena will lose that match and possibly take some time off afterwords.

John The Drummer
04-27-2012, 12:20 PM

Itd be better if they didn't ban blood :hmm:

adamclark52
04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I can see Lesnar/Cena going either way. I always knew he'd be back and I figured they'd job him out big time when he did IF he had come back out of desperation. But I think he didn't and he probably did enough negotiating to make sure he's going to come across looking good win or lose. I don't know if they'll hand Cena a second big loss after Wrestlemania, I really thought he was going to win that one. Like it or not he is their biggest star and to have him start losing all these big matches doesn't seem like something the WWE would have him do.

But, I'm going to go with Brock winning. If it wasn't Extreme Rules I could've seen a DQ or something but that probably won't happen.

scream4icecream
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't know what tape he had, maybe it was some "CZW's Most EXTREME matches" or something but it really wasn't too great. I'm sure they had some good stuff but their extreme was just (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNibT_9-IJI)

Early CZW is generally pretty crappy, it started getting good i'd say around the end of 2001-2002. Even then, the DM's weren't great and only got better around the mid 2000's with guys like SeXXXy Eddy, Necro Butcher, Nick Mondo and Drake Younger. Too bad Nick Gage is in jail for a few years or i'd count him, dude was crazy intense when he wrestled.

I have a weird feeling they are going to try and work a "shoot" angle with Cena and Lesnar, and it will probably be pretty lame. Pretty funny to think that they wrestled each other at the April PPV way back in 2003..don't ask me how I remember that.

scream4icecream
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I can't think of any CZW wrestler that has gone to WWE?

I forget what names they are gonna go by when they are on TV, but if you're familiar with Jon Moxley, he's signed and ready to debut any day now, I saw him work a dark match at Raw in Philadelphia back in December..Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli might be considered ROH guys, but I mainly followed them in CZW so I count them too.

I actually saw CM Punk wrestle his one match ever in CZW

adamclark52
04-28-2012, 12:38 PM
There wasn't another promotion with the initials "C.Z.W." or something similar, was there? Because what's getting described here is totally different from what I remember seeing.

John The Drummer
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't know if they'll hand Cena a second big loss after Wrestlemania, I really thought he was going to win that one. Like it or not he is their biggest star and to have him start losing all these big matches doesn't seem like something the WWE would have him do.

It's very unfortunate that Cena is the "poster boy" the WWE. I have never liked the guy, even when he did his first television match against Kurt Angle as a no body (I think that was his first official match at least).

At least people like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are there to make things a bit more tollerable... just give Daniel Bryan the title back please.

Also, am I the only one who felt Edge's induction into the Hall of Fame is a bit pre-mature? Yes he was a great wrestler, and its unfortunate that he had to retire so early... but at least wait it out another year or two.

adamclark52
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Also, am I the only one who felt Edge's induction into the Hall of Fame is a bit pre-mature? Yes he was a great wrestler, and its unfortunate that he had to retire so early... but at least wait it out another year or two.

I agree but they are starting to run out of BIG names from the past to induct every year (at least one's Vince wants to) so a big name is a big name and they take what they can get. The same could be said for HBK to have gotten inducted, because I wouldn't be surprised to see him step back into the ring some day. Or Flair, as long as someone's willing to pay he'll never retire.

I really thought that this would be the year that Macho Man and Elizabeth got inducted. Maybe, as sad as this sounds, if his death had occurred closer to a Wrestlemania he would've gotten in, then he'd have been fresh in peoples minds and inducting him would've been a good PR stunt for the WWE. But by this point mainstream media had forgotten about him and there was no real benefit to inducting him. Sad, that whatever happened between him and Vince had to happen.

elturtleboy
04-28-2012, 06:25 PM
CM Punk/Daniel Bryan are the best wrestlers on it right now. Cena is a crappy poster boy. They shouldve gave that to hmmmm idk I guess Randy Orton. I'm glad knowing I'm not the only one on here that watches it.

JRA
04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
CM Punk/Daniel Bryan are the best wrestlers on it right now. Cena is a crappy poster boy. They shouldve gave that to hmmmm idk I guess Randy Orton. I'm glad knowing I'm not the only one on here that watches it.

As played out as Cena is, I'll take him over Orton any day. Orton just sucks.

adamclark52
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM

I can't believe the two of them have been around for ten years now!

rjturtle9
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM

What?!

Sanitarium78
04-30-2012, 05:44 AM
CM Punk/Daniel Bryan are the best wrestlers on it right now.

I'll take that one step further and say because of what they do on the mic they're the two best overall workers in wrestling today. I've also gotta give some love to TNA here because when you're talking about best overall workers today Bobbie Roode, James Storm and Austin Aries are in that conversation as well.

What?!

You heard him right Orton sucks. At least as a main eventer he does. Seriously, has there ever been a more boring personality that has been at the top of the card as long as him? He does fine work when he's in the ring but when he opens his mouth he's terrible. He's had everything handed to him since he started and no matter how much they shove him down our throats it doesn't take the "boring" out of him. Lately though Orton has been doing what he's perfect for, having great midcard matches and getting guys like Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes ready to be in the main event one day.

John The Drummer
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I am so sick of all these <1 minute divas matches. Do they really think they are that big of a joke? There are at least a few tha can actually put on an enjoyable match, yet all they get is some stupid tag match that ends with the most dominant Diva pinning her nemesis.

Sanitarium78
05-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I am so sick of all these <1 minute divas matches. Do they really think they are that big of a joke? There are at least a few tha can actually put on an enjoyable match, yet all they get is some stupid tag match that ends with the most dominant Diva pinning her nemesis.

Yeah, the WWE treats their female performers and division like shit now. At least in TNA they give them time to work an OK match every week and use them as an important part of their show. I think when ever Beth Phoenix and Natalya's contracts run out they should go over to TNA. At least the ladies get a little respect there if they're decent in ring workers. I've always wanted to check out Shimmer, i've heard if wanna see women's wrestling that's what you need to watch.

While we're on the subject of female wrestlers, I must say that Velvet Sky has the best ring enterance ever:drool:

dcmetal108
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Itd be better if they didn't ban blood :hmm:

What? No they didn't. From what I heard that last PPV was bloody and Cena was bloody during his match.

John The Drummer
05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
What? No they didn't. From what I heard that last PPV was bloody and Cena was bloody during his match.

They must have stopped then. Because a little bit ago, if someone bled, they would stop the match and clean them up. I've seen videos on YouTube of it, it's pathetic.

adamclark52
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
They must have stopped then. Because a little bit ago, if someone bled, they would stop the match and clean them up. I've seen videos on YouTube of it, it's pathetic.

I think it depends on the match and the circumstances. There used to be blood on RAW and I think they've phased that out, but a match like Cena/Lesnar and being at the Extreme Rules PPV I think it was expected. I'm pretty sure Extreme Rules is the only one with blood anymore (unless the match calls for it) unless it's inadvertant and small, like from a lip.

dcmetal108
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm going to a Indy show tonight. First show I've been to in a while where I can be a complete fan. Matches will be great saying that a few of the wrestlers I've started to know personally from the other promotion I work for are wrestling. One is a tornado tag Chicago street fan.

Also guest tonight is WCW star DDP (Diamond Dallas Page). Always loved him and had like a pillow wrestler of him since I was like 4 so I am taking that and I'm going to have him sign it and take a picture of me and him holding it. Brings back memories.

Also going to have him sign my copy of "The Devils Rejects" too.

dcmetal108
05-29-2012, 11:15 AM
So two weeks ago I got to do my first two video interviews with a few pro wrestlers. No one huge but still cool enough to do it and hear stories. The Machine interview he actually states how he's a huge metalhead and that inspired him.

Undead Kingdom Reviews Interview With Hardcore Craig. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GqiZQTF7PY)

Undead Kingdom Reviews Interview With Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl7mS2HsYto)

adamclark52
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
So when Randy Orton violates the Wellness Policy a third time and is fired will the WWE not just be able to rehire him?

dcmetal108
06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
So when Randy Orton violates the Wellness Policy a third time and is fired will the WWE not just be able to rehire him?

More than likely or they will just hire him back since he makes money. Why what did he do this time?

Also I am going to a local show Saturday night. It's going to be crazy. Main event is a tornado tag steel cage hardcore match. Last month the same match happened without a cage and it was great so can't wait.

Also will have another NO DQ match along with some other great matches! Can't wait! :party:

Sepultura69
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I haven't watched WWF since they dropped the F and change it to WWE. I use to be a huge wrestling fanatic back in the day. RAW is War 90s attitude era was my shit back in the day, does anyone remember the main theme by anthrax that they would use to play during breaks and stuff? Awwww those were the good ol days, seeing Stone Cold Steve Austin at raw is war in person will always be one of the greatest moments of my life, he even through a bunch of steam wiser beers at our direction after the show was over :D :D,

i'm not talking about that poppy cock bullshit raw that they have now with new lame rock pop papa roach bullshit music being played,

I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS SHIT MY PEOPLE, This was my era of wrestling. I'm glad i got to witness this generation of Wrestling, the greatest era, THE ATTITUDE ERA, 1997-2000 RIP :fist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKaz_Re0aVY&feature=related

Oh and for those that are at lost, this is the Anthrax song i was talking about, they would always play this tune through out the 2 hour raw shows, especially when hyping up matches. It's even more epic when you're at the show and the song is just being blasted in your face as you await the next match, especially during commercial breaks. Good times..

ANTHRAX Monday night raw is war theme song. Goddamn i forgot how epic raw is war and old WWF use to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUG0bCjA3BM :D

One of the best wrestling shows will alway be Wrestlemania 2000, I was there at the anahiem pond and witnessed the epic fatal 4 way elimination match between big show, rock, mick foley, and triple h for Triple HS world heavy weight title, and it was technically MICK foleys last match. But nothing will ever beat the first time i saw stone cold steve austin on raw is war, it was like seeing slayer for the first time or something, just an incredible feeling and experience i will never forget that shit. Too bad i have only had the opportunity to see stone cold once, I didn't get to start hitting up wresting events and shows until around 2000 and so forth, with Wrestlemania 2000 being my first wrestling event ever, or as some would like to call it, WrestleMania XVI..

Just felt like dropping my two cents, had no idea we had a fucking wrestling thread until now. Too bad I stopped watching Wrestling once John Cena and other douchers infected the company. World Wrestling Federation 97-2000 attitude era will always be my hey days of Wrestling. Kind of fell of the tip mark, but what do i know, i haven't watched wrestling in probably more than five years. But hopefully it's not as shitty as i last remember. :hecho:

Sanitarium78
06-21-2012, 04:36 AM
2001 and 2002 were good years to and I think those years are still considered part of the attitude era. I went to a ton of wrestling shows back then whenever they hit my town, Rochester or up in Ontario Canada. From '97-2002 you couldn't stop me from going to see the WWF live. I even went to a number of WCW shows during the monday night wars and my city was a regular stop for ECW and I never missed a show from them here. It all fucked up once Vince bought WCW and ECW out and decided to make it all one show. The worst thing was sperating the rosters between Raw and Smackdown. That idea ran it's course years ago yet they still do it now.

The WWE has been bad for awhile but usually there's always a few guys I like that keep me watching still.There's only two reasons to watch now are CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. If it weren't for them two I would've completely stopped watching but they're both good enough to keep my interest.

Sepultura69
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
2001 and 2002 were good years to and I think those years are still considered part of the attitude era. I went to a ton of wrestling shows back then whenever they hit my town, Rochester or up in Ontario Canada. From '97-2002 you couldn't stop me from going to see the WWF live. I even went to a number of WCW shows during the monday night wars and my city was a regular stop for ECW and I never missed a show from them here. It all fucked up once Vince bought WCW and ECW out and decided to make it all one show

Same here! I use to hit up WWF shows all the time when ever they were in my town, especially the ones that weren't broadcasted live, i liked the NON-live events more because tickets were cheaper and the shows were over all "smaller" than the smack down, RAW counterparts, plus they would take out the titan trons making their entrance quite short so you were even closer to the super stars than ever before(at least this was how it was for MY show). That's awesome that you got to hit up some WCW shows and ecw as well! I never had the opportunity to go to any wcw or ecw shows. All though I use to watch all three brand respectively. The only thing I hated about WCW Nitro was that it would be played one hour before WWF Raw is war, and then once Raw is war started I would have to flip back from USA to watch raw and back to TNN to watch WCW nitro, it was pretty annoying. I loved WCW just as much as WWF at some point so it was kind of a bitch flipping through wwf raw to see whats going on in WCW nitro. Having both brands play their respective programs at same time during the last hour of one show and the first hour of the other was just retarded to the max. It's a damn shame they had to kill off wcw. There were moments in the coming years when i though WCW had the upper hand on WWF, but then wwf would do something to out do wcw, and then wcw would pull out something from their sleeves, a never ending cyle of the Monday night wars.

Speaking of Vince buying the brands, I totally remember the ECW WCW vs WWF story line, holy shit was that pretty awesome and refreshing. I remember Rob Van Damn being one of the people on the opposite brand that EVERYONE LOVED, even though they were the "heels" technically, but what ever RVD did he would always have everyone on his side with massive amounts of cheers and Applauses. ahahhaha, i remember that quite well. I wanna say i stopped watching Wrestling over all around the time that whole WWF Vs WCW ECW thing died down and john cena starting infecting the company, but this was before john cent went all I'M A RAPPER AND GOTTA DRESS LIKE I'M HOOD HOP. Back when john cent was just a white dude in tight black undies ahahahah

Also Sanatarium, You're right I take that back, I would say the Attitude era went as far back to 2001-2002, but after 2002 it went down hill from there. 2001-2002 definitely had its epic moments. Kurt angle shined a lot during those years, The rock got into some epic feuds, Undertaker made his triumphant return at Judgement Day in 2001 as the Motorcycle driving, bad ass walking mean mother fucking DEAD MAN, STONE COLD going full on Heel and joining forces with vince mc mahan, damn fuck me side ways i can't believe i still even remember most of these. Glad the wrestling guy in me still has it. Hell I still have some of my past shirts and merchandises from past shows like my Y2J RAW IS JERICHO, DEAD MAN INC, the Rocks 9/11 shirt, and other shirts from past wrestling events that i have purchased. :D

This thread might actually be pretty cool. Nice to know there is a thread were i can pretty much blabber on about my old Wrestling life from back in the day. I can literally go on from King of the Ring Hell in the Cell 98 foley vs Undertaker up until 2002 when Kane took his mask off and went all crazy schizophrenic on us. I remember so much shit from my old wrestling days, the awesome story lines, even the border line retarded ones, like Triple H dressed up as kane and having sex with a dead corpse.....

dcmetal108
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
haha I am diehard wrestling fan. Love off WWF and diehard WCW and ECW fan.

I'm just shocked now thinking about it , how many big names wrestlers I've met and talked to.

To name some :

X-Pac
Bad Ass Billy Gunn
Road Dogg
Petey Williams (TNA)
Kevin Nash
Jerry Lynn
Steve Carrino
Rhyno (3 times)
Terry Funk (twice) *
Mad Dog Vachune *
J.R. (WWE) *
Gerald Briscoe *
Mick Foley (asshole) *
Hacksaw Jim Duggane *
Larry "The Axe" Henning *
DDP (WCW)
Baron Von Rasche *
Bob Roop *
And prolly about 10 more I cant think of

The ones with the * next to their name I met in Iowa last year when my dad and I traveld up to the wrestling hall of fame and go to go watch a roundtable discussion with the guys (maybe 50 fans to to watch it), then go to a meet and greet. Then after that we got pizza and sat behind JR. Later that night we went into a conference room and got to hang out and drink with everything then they had a giant dinner for us all and the award ceremony. After that we all just hung around again. 90% of the guys would just take 100's of pictures with you, stand around and joke and generally were just happy to be there and talk to you.

dcmetal108
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Same here! I use to hit up WWF shows all the time when ever they were in my town, especially the ones that weren't broadcasted live, i liked the NON-live events more because tickets were cheaper and the shows were over all "smaller" than the smack down, RAW counterparts, plus they would take out the titan trons making their entrance quite short so you were even closer to the super stars than ever before(at least this was how it was for MY show). That's awesome that you got to hit up some WCW shows and ecw as well! I never had the opportunity to go to any wcw or ecw shows. All though I use to watch all three brand respectively. The only thing I hated about WCW Nitro was that it would be played one hour before WWF Raw is war, and then once Raw is war started I would have to flip back from USA to watch raw and back to TNN to watch WCW nitro, it was pretty annoying. I loved WCW just as much as WWF at some point so it was kind of a bitch flipping through wwf raw to see whats going on in WCW nitro. Having both brands play their respective programs at same time during the last hour of one show and the first hour of the other was just retarded to the max. It's a damn shame they had to kill off wcw. There were moments in the coming years when i though WCW had the upper hand on WWF, but then wwf would do something to out do wcw, and then wcw would pull out something from their sleeves, a never ending cyle of the Monday night wars.

Speaking of Vince buying the brands, I totally remember the ECW WCW vs WWF story line, holy shit was that pretty awesome and refreshing. I remember Rob Van Damn being one of the people on the opposite brand that EVERYONE LOVED, even though they were the "heels" technically, but what ever RVD did he would always have everyone on his side with massive amounts of cheers and Applauses. ahahhaha, i remember that quite well. I wanna say i stopped watching Wrestling over all around the time that whole WWF Vs WCW ECW thing died down and john cena starting infecting the company, but this was before john cent went all I'M A RAPPER AND GOTTA DRESS LIKE I'M HOOD HOP. Back when john cent was just a white dude in tight black undies ahahahah

Also Sanatarium, You're right I take that back, I would say the Attitude era went as far back to 2001-2002, but after 2002 it went down hill from there. 2001-2002 definitely had its epic moments. Kurt angle shined a lot during those years, The rock got into some epic feuds, Undertaker made his triumphant return at Judgement Day in 2001 as the Motorcycle driving, bad ass walking mean mother fucking DEAD MAN, STONE COLD going full on Heel and joining forces with vince mc mahan, damn fuck me side ways i can't believe i still even remember most of these. Glad the wrestling guy in me still has it. Hell I still have some of my past shirts and merchandises from past shows like my Y2J RAW IS JERICHO, DEAD MAN INC, the Rocks 9/11 shirt, and other shirts from past wrestling events that i have purchased. :D

This thread might actually be pretty cool. Nice to know there is a thread were i can pretty much blabber on about my old Wrestling life from back in the day. I can literally go on from King of the Ring Hell in the Cell 98 foley vs Undertaker up until 2002 when Kane took his mask off and went all crazy schizophrenic on us. I remember so much shit from my old wrestling days, the awesome story lines, even the border line retarded ones, like Triple H dressed up as kane and having sex with a dead corpse.....

Please dont remind me of that.

adamclark52
06-21-2012, 09:53 AM
I'd say the Attitude -era ended around Wrestlemania X7, which was around the same time that ECW and WCW died.

Sepultura69
06-21-2012, 10:52 AM
haha I am diehard wrestling fan. Love off WWF and diehard WCW and ECW fan.

I'm just shocked now thinking about it , how many big names wrestlers I've met and talked to.
Terry Funk (twice) *

Holy fucking shit! Terry Funk is a Hardcore legend. Him and Mick Foley hands down. Sure they were not even close to technical or complex performers, but goddamn have they both been in some of the most brutal, most bloodiest fucking blood fucking most disgusting and most hellish matches ever. :rocker:

Please dont remind me of that.

my bad :lol:

dcmetal108
06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Holy fucking shit! Terry Funk is a Hardcore legend. Him and Mick Foley hands down. Sure they were not even close to technical or complex performers, but goddamn have they both been in some of the most brutal, most bloodiest fucking blood fucking most disgusting and most hellish matches ever. :rocker:

my bad :lol:

Terry Funk is the nicest guy ever. First time I met him my dad had him sign his ECW belt that we have signed by most of the orginal champions (including Catcus Jack!) and Funk was just in awe by it. Second time we met him we had him sign the picture of me and him and he was like "ahhh I remember that, that belt is awesome" then had took a bunch of pictures with so I had some good ones with him.

John The Drummer
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I feel that WWE kinda died when Kurt Angle got big. He was great, but I feel made things a bit bland at times :\

Any chance anyone watched Impact last night? I hate that brand a lot, but had nothing else to do and turned it on. The ending was horrific, if you thought WWF's Katie Vick storyline was horrendous.... wow... this was just pathetic.

adamclark52
06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
I feel that WWE kinda died when Kurt Angle got big. He was great, but I feel made things a bit bland at times :\

Any chance anyone watched Impact last night? I hate that brand a lot, but had nothing else to do and turned it on. The ending was horrific, if you thought WWF's Katie Vick storyline was horrendous.... wow... this was just pathetic.

I watched TNA for about the first year it was on Spike. But once it became the Land of the WWE Rejects it started getting really bad. And too many backstage segments. Plus commercials on Spike are usually 40% of the hour. Too much going against it.

dcmetal108
06-22-2012, 07:02 PM

I liked Kurt Angel when he was a babyface, ,the second he got real big and turned heel and dropped the whole gold medal thing I hated him.

Also when TNA started I loved it, LOVE the 6 sided ring, they use to have alot of matches with little talk and now it is talk with a few matches just like WWE.

Sanitarium78
06-23-2012, 04:42 AM

I agree that the stroyline on Impact with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter is fucking awful. The strange thing is Impact has actually been a really good show over the last several months. They utilize their roster better than the WWE does and they actually put emphasis on the championships and make them seem credible and worth something. Robert Roode's world title run has been done very well and Austin Aries X division title run has been excellent. Wrestling always runs a stupid storyline or two but overall TNA I think has been really good lately. If you actually watch a few full episodes and give them a chance you'll see what i'm talking about. They've got rid of the cancer that was Vince Russo as head writer and even though the AJ Styles story is terrible, they are doing a lot of other things very well. Most of their rivalries are booked well now and are making sense, which is way better than the ADD booking Vince Russo used to do.

Some interesting info here, the last Raw that took place under the WWF name was here in Buffalo and I attended it. I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.

Sepultura69
06-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.

Damn, that's fucking awesome. It's crazy since half those performers are now dead, but you were fortunate enough to see some of those guys!

The only person on that list that i have seen are Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan :eyes:

John The Drummer
06-23-2012, 07:22 AM
I agree that the stroyline on Impact with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter is fucking awful. The strange thing is Impact has actually been a really good show over the last several months. They utilize their roster better than the WWE does and they actually put emphasis on the championships and make them seem credible and worth something. Robert Roode's world title run has been done very well and Austin Aries X division title run has been excellent. Wrestling always runs a stupid storyline or two but overall TNA I think has been really good lately. If you actually watch a few full episodes and give them a chance you'll see what i'm talking about. They've got rid of the cancer that was Vince Russo as head writer and even though the AJ Styles story is terrible, they are doing a lot of other things very well. Most of their rivalries are booked well now and are making sense, which is way better than the ADD booking Vince Russo used to do.

Some interesting info here, the last Raw that took place under the WWF name was here in Buffalo and I attended it. I also went to a lot of shows when I was a kid back in the 80s and saw all the guys from back then live. Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake The Snake Roberts, Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Rude, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD, the list goes on and on. The show where the Honkey Tonk Man beat Ricky Steamboat for the IC title also happened here in Buffalo and I was in attendance to see the start of the longest IC title run in the company's history.

They got rid of Russo!?!?! I may have to give it another chance. I always forget when Impact is on, so I channel surf and then catch the last 30 minutes of it. I want to give it a chance, but it is hard for me to watch, but it isn't just TNA, WWE has been hard to watch as well, unless CM Punk or Daniel Bryan are on.

The main thing I actually give TNA credit for is the fact that their women's division is better than WWE's. They have the eye candy, but at the same time have the skill and can put on a good match. WWE is just about showing off some T&A in between the sweaty dudes in tights rolling all over each other.

XDoomsayerX
06-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I stopped watching wrestling for a while but recently got back into it. Like some peeps have said, all the young talent is what keeps me watching. Specifically Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, etc. Wrestling wise though TNA and WWE have been both solid, just storylines with their big stars have been dumb. Hopefully we get a 60 min Iron Man match between Bryan and Punk. :D

dcmetal108
06-24-2012, 06:49 PM
So the indie show I went to last night had one NO DQ match and they used a cookie sheet I gave them and one wrestler had my dad (we know the guy) throw a chair into the ring and then had everyone in the venue go old school ECW and all start throwing every chair into the venue.

And the hardcore tornado tag cage match WAS FUCKING OVER THE TOP INSANE! All four guys bled like pigs and used another cookie sheet I gave them. They all feel in thumb tacks a bunch, used a trashcan and a 2X4. Ended the match with one guy going off the top of the cage threw a table that was on fire. The guy lit it using a entire bottle of lighter fluid and the guy that went threw it stayed on fire. I was like 6 feet from the ring. INSANE!

John The Drummer
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
So the indie show I went to last night had one NO DQ match and they used a cookie sheet I gave them and one wrestler had my dad (we know the guy) throw a chair into the ring and then had everyone in the venue go old school ECW and all start throwing every chair into the venue.

And the hardcore tornado tag cage match WAS FUCKING OVER THE TOP INSANE! All four guys bled like pigs and used another cookie sheet I gave them. They all feel in thumb tacks a bunch, used a trashcan and a 2X4. Ended the match with one guy going off the top of the cage threw a table that was on fire. The guy lit it using a entire bottle of lighter fluid and the guy that went threw it stayed on fire. I was like 6 feet from the ring. INSANE!

:eek::eek::eek:
I'm moving to Chicago. :lol:

Raw last night.. was ok, at least for what I was awake for.... the AJ/Kane storyline is so stupid, but Sycho Sid made a guest appearance against... some dude I can't remember, but always wrestles people just to make them look good, anyway, it was cool to see Sid. :rocker:

dcmetal108
06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
The next show for that promotion will be their wrestlefest which will have Jerry Lynn (ECW!) and Golddust (first indy show ever).

It will also feature a deathmatch which from the promoter said will include fire, light bulbs, barbed wire, panes of glass and more.

adamclark52
06-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I've finished the first bluray in the newest WWE "ECW Unreleased Vol. 1" compilation. It's really not the best ECW compilation I've seen but it's still good. One thing I've found VERY surprising is how big of a star (in ECW standards anyway) they make Shane Douglas out to be. And the lack of Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Gangstas, Dudley Boys and Raven. They seemed to really forget some of the guys that made ECW so important, on this video anyway. But, I guess most of those guys got their times to shine on other videos. This one has really focused a lot on Shane Douglas, Sabu and Rob Van Dam so far.

So far, halfway through I give it a 3 out of 5 and say that it's the worst of the WWE produced ECW videos I've seen, although I never saw the one called Extreme Rules they put out in late 2007(?), but I've seen a lot of the matches from that on different videos and it could be better than this one.

dcmetal108
06-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I watched most of the first disc. That second match with Raven vs Dreamer was fucking awesome. They were really hitting each other hard some of the times.

adamclark52
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I was pretty disappointed at the beginning of Disc 2 when Joey Styles goes out of his way to make Mike Awesome look really bad again. Anyone would do what he did. He hadn't been paid in a month and WCW was offering five times what his ECW contract would never pay him. Let the poor guy rest in peace.

dcmetal108
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I'll have to watch it. I'm hoping disc 2 and 3 feature more "Hardcore" stuff.

Did you see WWE just put out a boxset that is the best of street fights.

John The Drummer
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
This ECW collection sounds very hit or miss. Is it all matches or is there some documentary to it too? "The Rise and Fall of ECW" is one of my favorite DVDs in my collection, so it'd be nice for more documentary style stuff.

dcmetal: Have you seen it or read any info on it? I just saw it advertised during RAW (i think) and it sounds like it could be a nice purchase. The Attitude Era Hardcore matches were some of the best entertainment in all of wrestling.

adamclark52
06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
This ECW collection sounds very hit or miss. Is it all matches or is there some documentary to it too? "The Rise and Fall of ECW" is one of my favorite DVDs in my collection, so it'd be nice for more documentary style stuff.

dcmetal: Have you seen it or read any info on it? I just saw it advertised during RAW (i think) and it sounds like it could be a nice purchase. The Attitude Era Hardcore matches were some of the best entertainment in all of wrestling.

Hit or miss it the best way I'd describe it. There's stuff on it that's just awesome like the RVD & Sabu vs. Hayabus & Jinsei Shinzaki match and Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka. But then there's stuff like Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio or Taz vs. Tommy Dreamer that isn't really worth getting excited over.

There's not too much talking, just Joey Styles setting up what was going on at the time before a few of the matches.

The best ECW video I've seen is probably the one WWE released called "Bloodsport".

XDoomsayerX
06-29-2012, 03:17 PM
You guys are all savages!? :confused:

Just messing! Ladder Match DVD and those WWE ECW's ones are pretty good. Terry Funk vs Sabu in that barbed wire match is just fucking crazy.

Hardcore wrestling in WWE has pretty much died though. Peeps raved about Taker/HHH HIAC this year but I thought it was whatever. Lesnar/Cena was bloody and well done though. Ladder matches even have lost their feel.

adamclark52
06-29-2012, 03:46 PM
You guys are all savages!? :confused:

Just messing! Ladder Match DVD and those WWE ECW's ones are pretty good. Terry Funk vs Sabu in that barbed wire match is just fucking crazy.

Hardcore wrestling in WWE has pretty much died though. Peeps raved about Taker/HHH HIAC this year but I thought it was whatever. Lesnar/Cena was bloody and well done though. Ladder matches even have lost their feel.

I've been trying to think what may be my all-time favorite ECW match and that may well be it. The part where Sabu's bicept gets ripped open and he's tapping it up, all while being suplexed by Funk and completly no-selling it, is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

My favorite ECW memory as a whole is when Jerry Lawler "invaded" at Barely Legal. That whole segment was just intense.

John The Drummer
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I've been trying to think what may be my all-time favorite ECW match and that may well be it. The part where Sabu's bicept gets ripped open and he's tapping it up, all while being suplexed by Funk and completly no-selling it, is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

My favorite ECW memory as a whole is when Jerry Lawler "invaded" at Barely Legal. That whole segment was just intense.

I NEED to see that Sabu match. I hear about it on every documentary, yet have never witnessed it.

Also, really? Everytime I see segments of the Jerry Lawler "invasion" I think it seems dumb and random... I guess I just need to watch the whole thing :eyes:

adamclark52
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I NEED to see that Sabu match. I hear about it on every documentary, yet have never witnessed it.

Also, really? Everytime I see segments of the Jerry Lawler "invasion" I think it seems dumb and random... I guess I just need to watch the whole thing :eyes:

It's on the Bloodsport DVD, if you can find it you should buy it.

Christen
06-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Can't say I'm as stoked about this year's MITB PPV as I was about last years.

Sanitarium78
06-30-2012, 06:05 AM

Actually it wasn't random at all. This was around 96/97 when WWF and ECW had a wroking agreement with each other and the guys from ECW were showing up on RAW for a bit. Vince was just trying to get an up and coming wrestling organization some national exposure and it worked out well for ECW and raised their profile quite a bit.

One of the main things in the breif time they did this was Jerry Lawler's real life distain for ECW was used in the storyline. He would have words with Heyman and put down the guys from there every chance he got. He became a really hated guy because of that, espcially to the ECW faithful. So when he showed up on an ECW PPV in the sacred ECW arena he got a ton of heat from the crowd and it set up a match with Tommy Dreamer. Everyone at this point wanted to see Lawler get his ass kicked, honestly who doesn't since he's so goddam annoying. Basically, Lawler's "invasion" made sense and it set up what every ECW fan wanted to see and that was Tommy Dreamer beating him at the next PPV.

Yes, I know I just showed what a huge wrestling nerd I am with what I wrote above. But this was the Attitude/Monday Night Wars era and old school ECW in it's prime, if you watched it during this time you can never forget what happened and how great it was:rocker:

John The Drummer
06-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Ahhh man. That was RIGHT BEFORE I started to get into Wrestling myself, so whenever I see footage of it I get confused since they don't give THAT MUCH of a back story to the whole situation. Thanks for the info!!

Sanitarium78
07-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Talking about the old ECW has got me thinking about all the shows I went to. My city was a regular stop for them from 1997 until they went out of buisness. They usually stopped by at least twice a year. Some of them were TV tapings while others were just house shows. We also got one PPV here, the November To Remember in 1999.

I'm gonna have to compile a list of all the cool stuff I saw at these ECW shows and i'll post it as soon as i'm finished with it.

dcmetal108
07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
For anyone who remembers him Paul Bearer from WWE just emailed me.

adamclark52
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
How can you NOT remember Paul Bearer!

JRA
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Actually it wasn't random at all. This was around 96/97 when WWF and ECW had a wroking agreement with each other and the guys from ECW were showing up on RAW for a bit. Vince was just trying to get an up and coming wrestling organization some national exposure and it worked out well for ECW and raised their profile quite a bit.

One of the main things in the breif time they did this was Jerry Lawler's real life distain for ECW was used in the storyline. He would have words with Heyman and put down the guys from there every chance he got. He became a really hated guy because of that, espcially to the ECW faithful. So when he showed up on an ECW PPV in the sacred ECW arena he got a ton of heat from the crowd and it set up a match with Tommy Dreamer. Everyone at this point wanted to see Lawler get his ass kicked, honestly who doesn't since he's so goddam annoying. Basically, Lawler's "invasion" made sense and it set up what every ECW fan wanted to see and that was Tommy Dreamer beating him at the next PPV.

Yes, I know I just showed what a huge wrestling nerd I am with what I wrote above. But this was the Attitude/Monday Night Wars era and old school ECW in it's prime, if you watched it during this time you can never forget what happened and how great it was:rocker:

It blows my mind that Lawler is a babyface in Memphis.

Sanitarium78
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
It blows my mind that Lawler is a babyface in Memphis.

It blows my mind that he's been as mediocre as he's been his whole career (wrestling, talking, commentating) and yet still has a regular job in the WWF/E going on about 20 years now. Seriously, the only person who's been crappier at their job for longer is Michael Cole, Lawler was at least OK for his first year or two in the WWF. The sad thing is Lawler is built up to be some kind of legend in the buisness but what has ever really done? He's a minor league wrestler, always has been and always will be. Hell, even a lot of the guys from the original ECW can say the got a run in WCW, WWF or both as fulltime wrestlers, Lawler never even got that far back in his supposed heyday.

Speaking of completely unappealing performers, can anyone explain to me the appeal of Jeff Hardy and why fans love him so much? He's sloppy in the ring and he can't talk worth a damn. Am I supposed to like him just because he paints his face goofy colors and he used to jump off cages/ladders and go through tables 12 years ago? The guy is just flat out annoying.

XDoomsayerX
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
It blows my mind that he's been as mediocre as he's been his whole career (wrestling, talking, commentating) and yet still has a regular job in the WWF/E going on about 20 years now.

Speaking of completely unappealing performers, can anyone explain to me the appeal of Jeff Hardy and why fans love him so much? He's sloppy in the ring and he can't talk worth a damn. Am I supposed to like him just because he paints his face goofy colors and he used to jump off cages/ladders and go through tables 12 years ago? The guy is just flat out annoying.

All of this so true! Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey and will forever will be. Peeps dig that shit, like "OMG he just took that big ass bump dayuuum!" He sucks though. His feud with CM Punk was awesome though Punk owned him and called out his drug addiction yet Punk was the heel. :lol: An yeah Lawler is pure trash. I actually cannot stand WWE and TNA announcing. Cole and Lawler are easily the worst.

adamclark52
07-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Micheal Cole is one of the main reasons I don't watch WWE anymore. But Mike Teney and Don West aren't any better.

The last few years I got all those boxed sets of the old PPV's from WWE (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble) and no duo was better than Heenan and Monsoon. I watched back in the day but was too yound to fully appreciate them. Ventura was really good too, and for some reason I've always liked Tony Schiavone.

Fun thing I noticed watching those old videos, did you know that Bill Alfonso was a referee for the WWE in the 1980's and 1990's. It's wierd to see him pop up once and awhile.

dcmetal108
07-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Currently watching Rise And Fall Of ECW.

Anyone remember the singapor cane match between Dreamer and Sandman. That shit was crazy.

Also anyone remember the match where Dreamer threw a cig into Sandman eyes then hit him in the other with the cane and after that match they said Sandman actually stayed in his house for a month to follow the story. Didnt answer the phone or door or anything.

XDoomsayerX
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone follow the current products? MITB was forgettable and predictable.

adamclark52
07-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Currently watching Rise And Fall Of ECW.

Anyone remember the singapor cane match between Dreamer and Sandman. That shit was crazy.

Also anyone remember the match where Dreamer threw a cig into Sandman eyes then hit him in the other with the cane and after that match they said Sandman actually stayed in his house for a month to follow the story. Didnt answer the phone or door or anything.

I remember it from the video, never watched it when it was on-going, but that shit was awesome.

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 07:30 AM

I honestly try not to watch the new shows. I like wrestling matches, not 3 hours of a badly scripted drama.

XDoomsayerX
07-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I honestly try not to watch the new shows. I like wrestling matches, not 3 hours of a badly scripted drama.

True. I don't ever watch the shows. I just read the Wrestling Write Up on IGN. Shit is funny and if I hear of a good match or PPV I'll check it out. I'll never be able to follow and watch on a regular basis.

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
ECW Mass Transit Incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8WRmRp4Z0&feature=related)

Remember this!

Christen
07-17-2012, 08:31 PM

It was okay. There was a shit ton of moves being botched though. Doesn't even come close to touching last years.

adamclark52
07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
ECW Mass Transit Incident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8WRmRp4Z0&feature=related)

Remember this!

Didn't the kid die a few years ago?

dcmetal108
07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Didn't the kid die a few years ago?

Yeah he died because of him being a fat fuck. Honestly his weight killed him.

JRA
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
The attitude era wasn't killed by Austin turning heel. It was killed by Katie Vick. Cos even then the "Hardcore" fans had enough.

rjturtle9
07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Alright, I'm bored. I didn't want to post this on the dream setlist forum, so I'm doing it here. Dream wrestling roster. 40ish wrestlers, also women's division, commentators, announcers, GM... etc. GO!

I'll post mine in a bit.

Sanitarium78
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Alright, I'm bored. I didn't want to post this on the dream setlist forum, so I'm doing it here. Dream wrestling roster. 40ish wrestlers, also women's division, commentators, announcers, GM... etc. GO!

I'll post mine in a bit.

Is this an all time list? Can we include anyone rom any era of wrestling, living or dead?

rjturtle9
07-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Is this an all time list? Can we include anyone rom any era of wrestling, living or dead?

Well, on mine I only used wrestlers that are alive and injured wrestlers are good too like Edge. And yes any era. It's your list not mine. ;)

rjturtle9
07-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Dream Federation:

GM:
Mick Foley

Commentators:
Joey Styles & Stone Cold Steve Austin

Backstage Interviewers:
Mean Gene Okerlund

Championship Belts:
Undisputed Championship
Tag Team Championship
United States Championship
Lightweight championship
Woman’s Championship
Hardcore Championship

Women’s Division:
1. Lufisto
2. Torrie Wilson
3. Kelly Kelly
4. Gail Kim
5. Sara Del Ray
6. Lita
7. Mickie Knuckles
8. Trish Stratus

Male Division:
1. The Rock
2. Sting
3. Diamond Dallas Page
4. Edge
5. C.M. Punk
6. Randy Orton
7. Chris Jericho
8. Kurt Angle
9. Rob Van Damn
10. Sabu
11. Jeff Hardy
12. A.J. Styles
13. Daniel Bryan
14. Johnny Nitro
15. Mr. Kennedy
16. Ultimo Dragon
17. Vampiro
18. Yoshohiro Tajiri
19. The Great Muta
20. Psicosis
21. Billy Kidman
22. Masada
23. Petey Williams
24. Ruckus
25. Sexxxy Eddie
26. Danny Havoc
27. Sick Nick Mondo
28. Human Tornado
29. Ryuji Ito
30. Jun Kasi
31. Joey Ryan
32. Hayabusa
33. Angel
34. Tito Escondio
35. Lil Cholo
36. B-Boy
37. Ray Rosas
38. Orion
39. Labyrinth
40. Pinky

Sanitarium78
07-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Lufisto
Mickie Knuckles
Masada
Ruckus
Sexxxy Eddie
Danny Havoc
Sick Nick Mondo
Human Tornado
Ryuji Ito
Jun Kasi
Angel
Tito Escondio
Lil Cholo
B-Boy
Ray Rosas
Orion
Labyrinth
Pinky

Who???

I'm still working on my list but Foley will be my GM to.

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 05:42 PM
My roster would be mainly the roster of original ECW with about 10 people from WCW and 10 from WWF put in

rjturtle9
07-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Who???

I'm still working on my list but Foley will be my GM to.

They are a mix of Indy workers, and Japanese/Canadian workers. Remember, there is more to wrestling besides what's on tv ;)

dcmetal108
07-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't ever pick Foley as GM.

adamclark52
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Foley was never GM but he was commissioner in 2001 (same role but for the entire WWF rather than one show) and it wasn't very good. He was too nice of a guy. You need an asshole, like Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman, to make the role really work.

Bischoff is still my all time favorite GM, back from the days when the role actually meant something.

dcmetal108
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Anyone see the 1000th Raw last night?

I have it tivo'd but did end up seeing The Undertaker / Kane return. Brought back great memories.

John The Drummer
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I fell asleep when Taker was coming out, hope I didn't miss much.
The FULL (minus Chyna) DX reunion was nostalgia central :D

dcmetal108
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
To think that I've met X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Billy Gunn before is awesome. Although Road Dogg is a huge drunk.

rjturtle9
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Best part was Mae Young's hand child all grown up.

Sanitarium78
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Best part was Mae Young's hand child all grown up.

That was pretty funny but the best part was Punk turning heel at the end by laying the Rock out:rocker:

rjturtle9
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
That was pretty funny but the best part was Punk turning heel at the end by laying the Rock out:rocker:

Hell yeah!!! Although Punk is gonna lose the match most likely, I still got his side!

300%_Density
07-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Downloaded torrent. Almost done w/ all of Raw. This was the 1st Raw I've watched in its entirety in almost 10 years. And it was fantastic. If it could still be this fun I would still watch every week. So much fun.

John The Drummer
07-25-2012, 03:34 PM

I wonder if CM Punk will be able to come off as a Heel. His character is so sarcastic, but in an entertaining way that gets people to love him. Hopefully they don't make him act like Orton or Jericho and all will be good.

Downloaded torrent. Almost done w/ all of Raw. This was the 1st Raw I've watched in its entirety in almost 10 years. And it was fantastic. If it could still be this fun I would still watch every week. So much fun.

Amen to that :light:. I doubt it'll stay this enjoyable though, maybe for a week or two, if even that.

Sanitarium78
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
I wonder if CM Punk will be able to come off as a Heel.

You're obviously not familiar with his heel work in the past then, he makes a great heel.

John The Drummer
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM
You're obviously not familiar with his heel work in the past then, he makes a great heel.

I am only familiar with his WWE heel, which I wasn't too big on. I feel he has himself over so much as a Face that it'll be hard to get on peoples bad sides again, but we shall see.

Sanitarium78
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I am only familiar with his WWE heel, which I wasn't too big on. I feel he has himself over so much as a Face that it'll be hard to get on peoples bad sides again, but we shall see.

Not if he does stuff like this again it won't be:rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAVVzZuTqo

300%_Density
07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Amen to that :light:. I doubt it'll stay this enjoyable though, maybe for a week or two, if even that.

I figure they bought another week of my time. Don't like a 3 hr Raw. Did they learn zero from watching those bloated 3 hour Nitros years ago? Even during attitude era, a 3 hr Raw would be too much.

Sanitarium78
07-26-2012, 05:06 AM
I figure they bought another week of my time. Don't like a 3 hr Raw. Did they learn zero from watching those bloated 3 hour Nitros years ago? Even during attitude era, a 3 hr Raw would be too much.

I don't undertand this complaint i've seen pop up in recent years about the 3 hour Nitro's being a bad decsion because it wasn't. WCW was as hot as any wrestling company had ever been at that time and they had a huge roster to showcase. Going the three hours was a great idea since it allowed them to showcase more of their talent which believe it or not, WCW excelled at during the monday night wars.

The three hour nitro's didn't hurt WCW at all. It was adding another two hour show on thursday and their inability to elevate newer/younger talent that killed off the company. There were too many hours of wrestling per week to fill after they added WCW Thunder on thursdays and it caused an oversaturation of the product. One three hour nitro every wasn't bad at all but adding in more programming was the wrong choice. Vince Russo coming in and fucking up everything was the nail in the coffin.

As for RAW going to 3 hours, i've heard USA has wanted them to do that for a number of years now but Vince always turned the idea down. They probably just offered him more money then he could refuse and that's why he changed his mind on it. Unless the WWE starts using their roster better the 3 hour Raw's will not be successful because they just don't have the talent depth right now to make both a 3 hour Raw and a two hour Smackdown entertaining on a weekly basis.

JRA
07-26-2012, 06:52 PM

That should have happened back in April.

Sanitarium78
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
That should have happened back in April.

It wouldn't have made as much sense then, now it does. The only concern I have is that the WWE is already heel heavy, so who does he feud with besides Cena until he meets Rock at the Rumble? Orton? Mysterio? There really isn't anyhting all that promising to choose from right now. Maybe they'll throw HHH or Undetaker out there for a month or two to fight him?

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Gathering Of The Juggalos 2011 Legends Wrestling Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHnEtlJbtU)

All wrestling fans check this out. Last year they had tons of legends just battle each other all night.

Like one match is just old ECW. A 6 man tag with Shane Douglous, Al Snow, Sabu, Raven, Rhyno, and someone else.

Roddy Piper vs bob ortan vs mick foley vs terry funk.

Also has Coco B Rare *(idk how to spell it) Greg The Hammer, Jerry Lawler.

Tag match with Kevin Nash and X-Pac vs Billy Gunn and Road Dogg.

Sanitarium78
08-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Gathering Of The Juggalos 2011 Legends Wrestling Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHnEtlJbtU)

All wrestling fans check this out. Last year they had tons of legends just battle each other all night.

Like one match is just old ECW. A 6 man tag with Shane Douglous, Al Snow, Sabu, Raven, Rhyno, and someone else.

Roddy Piper vs bob ortan vs mick foley vs terry funk.

Also has Coco B Rare *(idk how to spell it) Greg The Hammer, Jerry Lawler.

Tag match with Kevin Nash and X-Pac vs Billy Gunn and Road Dogg.

This card would've been awesome 10-15 years ago when most of them could still go:lol: I don't know what exactly happened with Rhyno but he was treated like shit in both WWE and TNA. The guy should've been a much bigger star than what he is. Due to the big reception they got on Raw 1,000 and the sad state of tag team wrestling in WWE right now, they should bring back Billy Gunn and Road Dogg for a year or two and use them to help revive the tag division and get the younger teams over a bit. But that makes sense so there's no way Vince's senile ass will ever do it.

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Did you watch it? They all still have it.

And I've met and talked to Rhyno multiple times and he is super down to earth and loves doing indie shows. Like I talked to him in Indiana last time I saw him and he said afterwards he was going straight to the airport to canada to do a toy signing at a local toy store.

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are both really nice. Billy Gunn is still in great shape and a great wrestler but Road Dogg pretty much stayed out of the ring for the tag team match i saw him at for a indie show since he was really shit faced and over weight.

rjturtle9
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
X Pac looked very out of shape at the 1,000th episode. But New Age Outlaws looked great! Bring them back!!

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Road Dogg has a huge gut.

XDoomsayerX
08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Watched Raw live on TV for the first time in ages and was surprised. D-Bryan hanging with Cena was a nice, granted Cena is still the same ol' piece of shit. Still a good amount of wrestling and story development, I was shocked.

Sanitarium78
08-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Watched Raw live on TV for the first time in ages and was surprised. D-Bryan hanging with Cena was a nice, granted Cena is still the same ol' piece of shit. Still a good amount of wrestling and story development, I was shocked.

Yeah, now that Raw is three hours they're actually giving matches more time now. It's only a few weeks into the three hour shows so I expect Vince to fuck things up eventually when they have a good thing going, he's been very good with that over the last decade.

Raw is the perfect show to watch on DVR today. They waste half of the show on pointless recaps and social media garbage, it's nice to fast forward by all that crap and get the show done in about an hour. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Jericho are the only guys worth watching anyways.

XDoomsayerX
08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Jericho are the only guys worth watching anyways.

Really? I dig Dolph Ziggler and Damien Sandow a good bit. Seriously Sandow should just bury that atrocity that is that dancing fat blob. Also I hope they do rejuvenate the tag division and take the title of Santino.

rjturtle9
08-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Really? I dig Dolph Ziggler and Damien Sandow a good bit. Seriously Sandow should just bury that atrocity that is that dancing fat blob. Also I hope they do rejuvenate the tag division and take the title of Santino.

Dolph Ziggler is the man!!! Santino is good too but his gimmick is complete shit!

Sanitarium78
08-09-2012, 05:48 AM

I like Damien Sandow to but i'm always careful not to get into new characters too much at first in case Vince decides to change his mind and do nothing with them after their initial big push. Just look at how far guys like Swagger and The Miz have fallen after being world champs or how they ended R-Truth's entertaining crazy paranoid heel persona last year before it ran it's course. CM Punk's storyline from last summer is another perfect example of how in recent times the WWE fucks up good things. Sandow will be a great character to watch every week IF they keep what they're doing with him going for a few years.

Ziggler is good in the ring but overall he's nothing special. His biggest talent is making his opponets look good which is why he should never be anything more than an IC or US champ. If you need someone different every now and then to challenge the world champ for a month and give him a good match and put the champ over strong, Ziggler's your guy. Other than that he has no character, his mic skills are average and his finisher is one of the weakest moves i've ever seen. Maybe this feud with Jericho will teach him to bring out his personality more because until that happens he's midcard for life. He also needs to get rid of the comedy act that is Vickie Guerrero and stand on his own if the WWE wants the fans to take him seriously as a world title threat. But at least he's not as boring as Cody Rhodes.

John The Drummer
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
What happened to Ted DiBiase Jr? He wasn't anything special, but decently enjoyable.

Sanitarium78
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
What happened to Ted DiBiase Jr? He wasn't anything special, but decently enjoyable.

He's been out with a broken ankle for awhile now. It's also possible that due to his lack of personality that he slowly faded away and dissolved into nothing and nobody's noticed yet:lol:

XDoomsayerX
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Ziggler is good in the ring but overall he's nothing special. His biggest talent is making his opponets look good which is why he should never be anything more than an IC or US champ. If you need someone different every now and then to challenge the world champ for a month and give him a good match and put the champ over strong, Ziggler's your guy. Other than that he has no character, his mic skills are average and his finisher is one of the weakest moves i've ever seen. Maybe this feud with Jericho will teach him to bring out his personality more because until that happens he's midcard for life. He also needs to get rid of the comedy act that is Vickie Guerrero and stand on his own if the WWE wants the fans to take him seriously as a world title threat. But at least he's not as boring as Cody Rhodes.

Great points here. WWE does have great wrestlers but they're pretty weak on the mic. Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kid being other two big examples. Also Sheamus can put on good matches but damn is his character lame plus he looks goofy. Hopefully Wade Barret's return starts a good program and D-Bryan starts a better feud than Kane.

rjturtle9
08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
At Summerslam tonight :D Got floor seats right by the entrance ramp!

dcmetal108
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS!

XDoomsayerX
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM

Read that it was underwhelming. Probably awesome live though! Went to One Night Stand and dat TLC between Undertaker and Edge was dope. :rocker: Also Dreamer pointing at my ECW sign/me was so cool. :tongue: I actually show up on some shots sometimes cuz I had seats near the announcers. Oh how remember starting "Holy Shit!Holy Shit!Holy Shit!" chants. Good times.

John The Drummer
08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
So now that it's been a few weeks for the 3 hours of RAW every Monday, how does everyone feel about it? It definitely gives everyone a better chance at showing what they can do, but at the same time... just feels like 3 hours of Raw.

XDoomsayerX
08-21-2012, 02:22 PM
So now that it's been a few weeks for the 3 hours of RAW every Monday, how does everyone feel about it? It definitely gives everyone a better chance at showing what they can do, but at the same time... just feels like 3 hours of Raw.

Waaay to many recaps for something that just happened and I hate this TOUT and TWITTER shit, so fucking lame. Don't watch it live though just youtube all of WWE stuff so I dont have to watch the crap. Also Y2J was written off in a anti-climatic way and Punk is still the best in the world. haha :tongue:

dcmetal108
08-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Y2J was wrote off though so he could do Uproar.

Oh well going to see RAW live in two weeks!

John The Drummer
08-21-2012, 03:45 PM
and I hate this TOUT and TWITTER shit, so fucking lame.

Amen to that. I hate social networking as it is, and to have it as one of WWE's main things now is so fucking annoying. All the stupid "#" in the corners during every match is just retarded.

Sanitarium78
08-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Y2J was wrote off though so he could do Uproar.

Oh well going to see RAW live in two weeks!

I understand why Jericho is leaving but I think it sucks that they finally had him go back to the Y2J character and then he's gone so fast. Both matches with Ziggler at Summerslam and Raw were good, but it's still done nothing to convince me that Ziggler is a main eventer in anyway. Also, the announcers saying that Jericho finally won the big one at Summerslam really shows how bad Jericho's recent return has been. If beating Ziggler in the opening match of a PPV is considered big for someone like Jericho then he should've never came back in the first place.

Enjoy the Raw you're going to and try to stay awake. Thank the gods I DVR it because I couldn't imagine having to sit through the horror that is a three hour live Raw now.

Amen to that. I hate social networking as it is, and to have it as one of WWE's main things now is so fucking annoying. All the stupid "#" in the corners during every match is just retarded.

This is one of the reasons their product is so bad right now. They're more conserned with this bullshit than actually trying to get the bulk of their roster air time so they can get over with the audiences. I don't like Twitter but at least I understand it's purpose. Tout has to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen though. How about you actually give the performers interview time on the shows to say what they've gotta say? More people will see it to, imagine that? I read that WWE has part ownership in Tout so unfortunately it's not going anywhere soon.

Sorry, to sound like a bitter old wrestling fan but i've been a fan since about 1986 or so. My first wrestling memories are seeing Randy Savage beat Tito Santana for the IC title back when winning that belt actually meant something speical. Wrestlemania 2 was the first PPV I ever watched and while the matches weren't always the greatest back then it was the hype that sold you on everything. That's what's missing now, there's little to no hype about the big matches anymore and they don't get you excited for them at all. In all the years i've been watching the last two or three years have easily been the worst the overall WWE product has been. It's not the fault of the talent, just like any other job they go out there and do what they're told. It's this generic, play it safe PG booking bullshit and all this constant social media stuff that's killing it.

Thanks to anyone who read that whole thing. I didn't expect to go on that long. I guess as a life long fan i've had a few grievences built up in me that I had to get off my chest:D

XDoomsayerX
08-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks to anyone who read that whole thing. I didn't expect to go on that long. I guess as a life long fan i've had a few grievences built up in me that I had to get off my chest:D

It's all good man, the product should be better and you make great points. Even some little things bug me like the other day Lawler said something similar to this while Ryback was gonna try to suplex two dudes at the same time. "Omg, he's not gonna do that, is he?" Seriously Lawler, this boring muscle Ryback has been doing that since his debut. How dumb are you? So happy Punk kicked him in the head even if it's fake. Honestly the quality that is Punk and Bryan are the only reasons I'm still interested. Those two define wrestling.

dcmetal108
08-21-2012, 05:58 PM
The fact that Paul Haymen has so much air time right now makes me want to cry.

I already know it has most of the original ECW guys pissed off still.

John The Drummer
08-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Tout has to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen though. How about you actually give the performers interview time on the shows to say what they've gotta say? More people will see it to, imagine that? I read that WWE has part ownership in Tout so unfortunately it's not going anywhere soon.

I thought Tout was something WWE came up with .... oops :D

And about Ryback...he is so lame...nothing great....but sadly one of WWE's most interesting wrestlers right now...IMO, and that is just pathetic.

XDoomsayerX
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
And about Ryback...he is so lame...nothing great....but sadly one of WWE's most interesting wrestlers right now...IMO, and that is just pathetic.

I KNOW. Goldshit 2.0. Oh well Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro are bad ass and I'm sure they will get a chance to put on clinics. Especially Cesaro, another ROH guy. :D

JRA
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Sorry, to sound like a bitter old wrestling fan but i've been a fan since about 1986 or so. My first wrestling memories are seeing Randy Savage beat Tito Santana for the IC title back when winning that belt actually meant something speical. Wrestlemania 2 was the first PPV I ever watched and while the matches weren't always the greatest back then it was the hype that sold you on everything. That's what's missing now, there's little to no hype about the big matches anymore and they don't get you excited for them at all. In all the years i've been watching the last two or three years have easily been the worst the overall WWE product has been. It's not the fault of the talent, just like any other job they go out there and do what they're told. It's this generic, play it safe PG booking bullshit and all this constant social media stuff that's killing it.

It's much more than welcome. You hear so many "disillusioned" wrestling fans whining on the internet, but they've only been "disillusioned" since 2006. Whereas you actually have some *ahem* age and your so called "bitterness" can be justified because at least you've actually stuck through with it. It reminds me of a review I read on Metal-archives.com:

"I read this kid who hated the new Celtic Frost album after he's been waiting so long for it. Fuck you kid, you've only been waiting since 2005! I've been waiting since 1989! And this album is fucking horrible!"

adamclark52
08-23-2012, 11:05 AM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The WWE has a history of jumping on something, driving it down our throats for a while until we can't stomach it anymore and then quietly forgetting about it (Diva Search, XFL, guest hosts). It has gone on for quite a bit now though, especially the Twitter shit.

PVH5150
08-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I wish they let Cesaro stay as Claudio Castagnoli. Him being himself was one of my favorite ROH personalities.

John The Drummer
08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
So .... last nights Raw.... Ryback vs Jack Swagger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

XDoomsayerX
08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
So .... last nights Raw.... Ryback vs Jack Swagger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That Bryan and Kane segment! :lol:

Also Punk bled! :eek: That match/segment was cool cuz Lawler is such a annoying character and those "I'm the King of Memphis, Tennessee!" :lol: It's lame though too cuz I'm sure this is just set up so Punk loses. :tp:

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I get to see the Cena vs Punk match next week!

Sanitarium78
08-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I get to see the Cena vs Punk match next week!

That's a match next week? Aren't they main eventing the next PPV with the title on the line?

I just love what Punk said to Lawler during the opening segmanet of RAW. That sums up how i've always felt about Lawler. Jerry Lawler is the greatest minor leauge wreslter of all time, it's a joke he's labeled a legend and got into the WWE Hall Of Fame, which itself is mostly a joke anyways so I guess it makes sense. Lawler has never beat anyone who's mattered on a level that mattered. He only became a world champ in the AWA because Curt Henning was leaving to go to the WWF and he needed to drop the belt to someone. To call Jerry Lawler a legend in wrestling is an insult to all the true legends of the buisness who actually accomplished things that were historic.

Loved the anger management segments with Kane and Bryan. The part with Bryan and the kid in the goat mask was great. It was pretty funny how calmly Kane ran through the history of his character to. I have to give some serious props to Kane, he's always been one of my favorites but he's had a rocky history in the WWF/E. He's been given some awful storylines and some very bad oppents which resulted in some matches that were painful to watch. But the guy is always up for anything and he always tries his best to make whatever they're currently doing with him work. He's done a good job since the whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing a few months back. I never thought I would say this in 2012, but Kane is one of the main reasons to watch RAW right now besides Punk and Bryan.

dcmetal108
08-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Yea its the next main event PPV match.

That's just what the email I just got for RAW next week said.

WWE Championship Title Match:

John Cena VS CM Punk

I already know who will win since it's one guys hometown.

Sanitarium78
08-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Yea its the next main event PPV match.

That's just what the email I just got for RAW next week said.

WWE Championship Title Match:

John Cena VS CM Punk

I already know who will win since it's one guys hometown.

That's probably the dark match after RAW goes off the air. They always have a special match for the fans in attendance after the taping is over. For the Smackdown taping last night Sheamus defended the world title against Del Rio and Orton in the drak match main event.

dcmetal108
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
That's probably the dark match after RAW goes off the air. They always have a special match for the fans in attendance after the taping is over. For the Smackdown taping last night Sheamus defended the world title against Del Rio and Orton in the drak match main event.

If its a title match then I doubt it would be the dark match. I mean usually the dark match is before it goes live.

Though I know my dad and sister saw RAW live in Dec here and they ran out of the time and the big match of the night was suppose to be a CM Punk cage match and they ended up just doing it after the show and my dad said it lasted like 5 minutes and was over pretty quickly.

Sanitarium78
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
If its a title match then I doubt it would be the dark match. I mean usually the dark match is before it goes live.

Though I know my dad and sister saw RAW live in Dec here and they ran out of the time and the big match of the night was suppose to be a CM Punk cage match and they ended up just doing it after the show and my dad said it lasted like 5 minutes and was over pretty quickly.

No, it's the dark match after the show is over. It's just a little special thing they do for the fans in attendance. They've been doing matches like this after the taping's for a few years now.

I went to a Smackdown taping a few years ago when Swagger was champ and he was feuding with Big Show. All the local advertisments said there would be a title match between them at the show. They had the match but it was after the taping and it did not air on Smackdown that week. Basically the match was just a run through for the PPV match they had coming up together.

Ther RAW I went to in Feburary of last year advertised locally a tag match between then WWE Champ The Miz and CM Punk against Cena and Orton and guess when that match happened? You got it, after RAW went off the air as the special dark match main event. The match your dad and sister saw when they went to RAW was that, just like how Punk/Cena for the title next week will be a dark match after RAW is over. Remember, i've been watching since 1986, I know my shit:D

dcmetal108
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
No, it's the dark match after the show is over. It's just a little special thing they do for the fans in attendance. They've been doing matches like this after the taping's for a few years now.

I went to a Smackdown taping a few years ago when Swagger was champ and he was feuding with Big Show. All the local advertisments said there would be a title match between them at the show. They had the match but it was after the taping and it did not air on Smackdown that week. Basically the match was just a run through for the PPV match they had coming up together.

Ther RAW I went to in Feburary of last year advertised locally a tag match between then WWE Champ The Miz and CM Punk against Cena and Orton and guess when that match happened? You got it, after RAW went off the air as the special dark match main event. The match your dad and sister saw when they went to RAW was that, just like how Punk/Cena for the title next week will be a dark match after RAW is over. Remember, i've been watching since 1986, I know my shit:D

I see. I've only been watching since like 95' that I can remember, I mean I was only two in 95' haha.

adamclark52
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
That's a match next week? Aren't they main eventing the next PPV with the title on the line?

I just love what Punk said to Lawler during the opening segmanet of RAW. That sums up how i've always felt about Lawler. Jerry Lawler is the greatest minor leauge wreslter of all time, it's a joke he's labeled a legend and got into the WWE Hall Of Fame, which itself is mostly a joke anyways so I guess it makes sense. Lawler has never beat anyone who's mattered on a level that mattered. He only became a world champ in the AWA because Curt Henning was leaving to go to the WWF and he needed to drop the belt to someone. To call Jerry Lawler a legend in wrestling is an insult to all the true legends of the buisness who actually accomplished things that were historic.

Loved the anger management segments with Kane and Bryan. The part with Bryan and the kid in the goat mask was great. It was pretty funny how calmly Kane ran through the history of his character to. I have to give some serious props to Kane, he's always been one of my favorites but he's had a rocky history in the WWF/E. He's been given some awful storylines and some very bad oppents which resulted in some matches that were painful to watch. But the guy is always up for anything and he always tries his best to make whatever they're currently doing with him work. He's done a good job since the whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing a few months back. I never thought I would say this in 2012, but Kane is one of the main reasons to watch RAW right now besides Punk and Bryan.

I agree, but I really liked Lawler as a heel against Bret Hart in the mid-1990's. And as I said a few pages back, his segment in ECW at Barely Legal '97 is one of my favorite moments in wrestling ever.

JRA
08-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Lawler was the top guy in Memphis in the 80's, which were the last days of the territory days. Like it or not, that does mean something.

XDoomsayerX
08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
dcmetal108, sanitarium78 is right. Dark match same thing when I went to Smackdown taping in SD, Mysterio vs Kane in a Cage match. It was beyond lame, they had a cheap cage set up and it was like 5 mins max. Usually that's what they are, short go home matches where face wins.

Also I really do hope they dont take the title off of CM Punk and build him up to be an awesome heel and eventually feuds with The Rock. Just think of them promos they would put on. :eek:

John The Drummer
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
dcmetal108, sanitarium78 is right. Dark match same thing when I went to Smackdown taping in SD, Mysterio vs Kane in a Cage match. It was beyond lame, they had a cheap cage set up and it was like 5 mins max. Usually that's what they are, short go home matches where face wins.

Also I really do hope they dont take the title off of CM Punk and build him up to be an awesome heel and eventually feuds with The Rock. Just think of them promos they would put on. :eek:

One of the Raw's that I attended had a triple threat dark match, I forgot who vs who, but I remember Triple H, Undertaker, Booker T, and Golddust were involved. Mr. McMahon interupted and they had a Spin-a-rooni contest, causing Undertaker to leave :lol:. I believe it was a prank on him.

And yes..... The Rock vs CM Punk would be amazing, even the promos. Both are amazing on the microphone. Why must Cena be the "Face of WWE" (not like Face/Heel, but THE GUY) when CM Punk is so much more entertaining.

Sanitarium78
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I see. I've only been watching since like 95' that I can remember, I mean I was only two in 95' haha.

I was two in 1980. The main event dark match that they do at TV tapings I believe started because they wanted to increase attendance at the shows. It's a good idea to, give the local fans a world title match and it will probably get more people to buy tickets just for that. I'm not sure how well it's worked but improving the overall product is the main thing they need to do to boost attendance.

I agree, but I really liked Lawler as a heel against Bret Hart in the mid-1990's. And as I said a few pages back, his segment in ECW at Barely Legal '97 is one of my favorite moments in wrestling ever.

Lawler has always been annoying as fuck. His feud with Bret was fucking awful and hard to watch at times and it had nothiing to do with Bret. He was unbareable in that ECW storyline in '97 as well and it's all because he just sucks so bad at what he does. He was never talented enough to make it on a major scale and his terrible work in his two biggest rivarlries ever shows why he'll always be minor leauge for life.

Lawler was the top guy in Memphis in the 80's, which were the last days of the territory days. Like it or not, that does mean something.

Not really. It's like saying because a local band is the top local band in your area it means something. If they never go anywhere and continue to play the genreal region for the rest of their active days, overall what they've done doesn't mean anything. That pretty much sums up what Lawler's wrestling career was like.

So, I guess the WWE has already forgotten about Antonio Cesaro and that he won the US title from Santino on the Summerslam preshow, huh? I read the Smackdown spoliers for this weeks show and he wasn't on it. The only time he's appeared since winning the title was on SD last week. Not a good way to start off a title run when he's only appeared on one of the four TV shows they've had since winning it. Too bad titles don't mean anything anymore, the only reason the WWE still has them now is so they can use them as props to help sell replicas of them on their web page.

XDoomsayerX
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
And yes..... The Rock vs CM Punk would be amazing, even the promos. Both are amazing on the microphone. Why must Cena be the "Face of WWE" (not like Face/Heel, but THE GUY) when CM Punk is so much more entertaining.

Because he stills sells merch which has created a comfort zone for Vince. Pathetic really since Cena has been stale since forever. He cant wrestle and has the same formula: get beat up 90% of the match "overcome the odds" even though his biceps are bigger than his opponent, 5 moves of doom, win. Case in point his match with Bryan. And then his mic work...oh god. Anyways, remember when Punk cut that sick promo and started saying Vince is a millionaire who should be a billionaire. I agree if Vince listened to the fans and focused on wrestling and a more PG13+ product WWE would have more fans and whatnot. Idk just my 2 cents.

So, I guess the WWE has already forgotten about Antonio Cesaro and that he won the US title from Santino on the Summerslam preshow, huh? I read the Smackdown spoliers for this weeks show and he wasn't on it. The only time he's appeared since winning the title was on SD last week. Not a good way to start off a title run when he's only appeared on one of the four TV shows they've had since winning it. Too bad titles don't mean anything anymore, the only reason the WWE still has them now is so they can use them as props to help sell replicas of them on their web page.

Really? Laaame. I read that CM Punk and Seth Rollins are gonna team up against Cesaro and Chris Hero in some ROH dream match for an upcoming NXT taping or something. I hope thats true and they start putting Cesaro on TV more.

Sanitarium78
08-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Really? Laaame. I read that CM Punk and Seth Rollins are gonna team up against Cesaro and Chris Hero in some ROH dream match for an upcoming NXT taping or something. I hope thats true and they start putting Cesaro on TV more.

That was a special dark match that took place after the recent round of NXT tapings. The match wasn't recorded and was just a special thing for the fans in attendance. It's not like it matters since nobody watched ROH when those guys were in it anyways. Oh wait, nobody watches ROH now either.

Ok, i've trashed the garbage that is the current WWE product enough lately. Let's talk about what's good in wrestling at the moment and that's TNA Impact. Yes, you heard it right, TNA currently has the best weekly televised wrestling product right now. It has been for almost a year now. Last fall they finally decided to fire Vince Russo as the head booker and very slowly the company has gotten their heads out of their asses and the product has direction and has improved greatly.

They have good matches every week that go longer than two minutes. They also put an emphasis on championships and make them matter. They also got about 12 guys who are believeable threats to the world title so it doesn't get stale like the WWE where they have the same four guys fight for the belt for months on end.

Yes, they still have a lot of old WWE guys they use a lot but none of them have been world champ for almost a year now. They still use them and focus on them but the former WWE guys are no longer THE focus of the company. Robert Roode has been the best heel in wrestling the past year and his world title run from November of last year until Austin Aries beat him two months ago was great.

Some of you ROH/Indy nerds might know who Austin Aries is. He's a great overall worker, he's as talented as Punk or Byan both in the ring and on the mic. He's done a very good job so far as world champ and being the companys top face.

Is TNA perfect? No, only Curt Henning is that. But they've built their whole roster up pretty well and always put on a solid show every week and they actually get you to care a little bit about things unlike the WWE.

Impact is on thursday nights at 8 on Spike TV. Give it a shot and watch it for a month or so, I garuntee you'll find something that will make it worth your time to watch it.

Oh yeah, they also have AJ Fuckin Styles to:rocker:

adamclark52
08-30-2012, 09:20 AM

I know that cheap cage you're talking about. At a house show back in 2003 when Kane was feuding with Shane McMahon there was a cage match booked. Everyone was excited because we knew what Shane was capable of doing to himself with a cage (even though it was a house show we expected at least one decent spot). Then they set up this tiny little cage that Kane was actually only six inches shorter than and the match was an absolute bore. Everyone in attendance (and there were a lot, it was at the Air Canada Center in Toronto) was like, "what the fuck!?!?! Survivor Series better not be that bad!?!?!". Their match at Survivor Series 2003 was a few weeks later and didn't live up to expectation either.

That goes back to the whole Kane not being all that great all the time discussion a few pages back.

adamclark52
09-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I used to love the Smackdown games on PS2, now I'm really tempted to get WWE 13 since there doesn't seem to be too much of interest coming out this Christmas.

One thing I always wish they'd done with the Smackdown games was let you import your own music for entrances. Since they have the technology now I can't see why they don't. Or do they?

Here's my question; what song would be your entrance music? For the longest time mine would have been Fractured Millennium by Hypocrisy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj57_YEZ6so) But now I think I'd use Otherworld from Final Fantasy X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLQhzsJG0A).

John The Drummer
09-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I am not sure about PS3, but on 360 you can import your own music. You just make a playlist of the song that you want, then when creating your entrance you choose it. At least.... that's how it was. I haven't played them for a few years now.

Sanitarium78
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
You can import your own music on the PS3 for WWE games. It's been like that for a few years now. I remember after Chris Benoit died I downloaded a CAW of him and I used "Walk With Me In Hell" by Lamb Of God as his entrance music. It just seemed to fit him so well after what happened.

dcmetal108
09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Raw tonight was fucking awesome. What happened when it went off the air was amazing.

XDoomsayerX
09-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Raw tonight was fucking awesome. What happened when it went off the air was amazing.

Raw wasnt bad tonight. Kane and Bryan :lol: :bowdown: AND Heyman and Punk!:eek::drool:

What happened off air?

dcmetal108
09-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Raw wasnt bad tonight. Kane and Bryan :lol: :bowdown: AND Heyman and Punk!:eek::drool:

What happened off air?

Hayhem was there for the 1 second he was on film other than that he didn't come out.

And after about 5 minutes off air CM Punk came out, grabbed one of Cena's armbands and started mocking him. Then he went onto to say how he would fight someone but Cena already took a beating and started going on on Cena.

Cena's music comes on and he runs to the ring and him and Punk start fighting. A minute after that Alberto Del Rio comes out and teams with Punk and beats up Cena. Then over the next few minutes with a minute increment or so Shamus, Randy Ortan, whoever the guy that holds the US title is, Dolgh Ziggler, Alex Ryder, and someone else came out did turned into like a 3 on 3 battle. It ended with Punk leaving and Ziggler leaving Randy Ortan, Cena, and Shamus in the ring and Ziggler threw the Miz who was doing commentary into the ring as bait. The Miz starts going off on how he is better then Ortan, Shamus, and Cena so all three do their finishing moves on him. Then Ortan and Shamus stood around for like 15 minutes shaking hands with everyone in the front row.

XDoomsayerX
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hayhem was there for the 1 second he was on film other than that he didn't come out.

And after about 5 minutes off air CM Punk came out, grabbed one of Cena's armbands and started mocking him. Then he went onto to say how he would fight someone but Cena already took a beating and started going on on Cena.

Cena's music comes on and he runs to the ring and him and Punk start fighting. A minute after that Alberto Del Rio comes out and teams with Punk and beats up Cena. Then over the next few minutes with a minute increment or so Shamus, Randy Ortan, whoever the guy that holds the US title is, Dolgh Ziggler, Alex Ryder, and someone else came out did turned into like a 3 on 3 battle. It ended with Punk leaving and Ziggler leaving Randy Ortan, Cena, and Shamus in the ring and Ziggler threw the Miz who was doing commentary into the ring as bait. The Miz starts going off on how he is better then Ortan, Shamus, and Cena so all three do their finishing moves on him. Then Ortan and Shamus stood around for like 15 minutes shaking hands with everyone in the front row.

I see. Sounds random but thats normal for after taping stuff. I just wanted more Punk seeing as how its home town. At least have a match for his home town faithful right? Still, wrestling shows are always fun. I even went to a lucha libre one outside at some like fair grounds. :tongue:

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 05:08 AM
The brawl was awesome to see since it was all the big wrestlers of Raw last night. Although I did want to see more of CM Punk every time even a video came on of him the place went insane.

Nater
09-04-2012, 05:49 AM
The Kane/Dbry anger management stuff has been golden and easily my favorite part of Raw the past couple weeks. I also think Ryback is the man.

Sanitarium78
09-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Still, wrestling shows are always fun. I even went to a lucha libre one outside at some like fair grounds. :tongue:

Oh yeah? Well, I went to Wrestlemania 18 in Toronto:rocker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_X8

Last night's RAW was good. I can't believe the fans voted for Kane & Bryan to "hug it out" when it's so obvious they should be a tag team. They play too well off each other and it would just be stupid for the WWE to let a golden opportunity like that slip away. Plus, if they want to give the tag division some credibility putting the belts on the duo of Kane and Bryan is a good way to do that.

They also might want to change the look of the tag titles. Part of making a title valuable is what the belt looks like to. If it looks like shit, like the current ones do, then no one will take it seriously. The level of the IC title was raised greatly by bringing the old design back. They need to do that with the tag titles.

They need to bring back the tag title design they had from the mid 80s all the way up to 2002. Guys looked like champions when they wore those, now I don't know what to make of those belts. The same goes for the current WWE Championship design. Until they get rid of that and actually make it look like a championship, the world heavyweight title will still be the most credible title they have.

adamclark52
09-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I watched the first fifteen minutes of Raw and made it up until AJ did her skip around the ring. I hate it when the WWE insists in characters ALWAYS doing their little quirks no matter what. Why not have her come out, do her skip, go into the ring and make her announcement? Having her skip at the end I just saw Vince McMahon reminding her before she went on, "don't forget to skip, people think you're crazy" then when she was on going through her head "enter-pose-skip-talk-skip, enter-pose-skip-talk-skip;...oh shit I forgot the first skip".

That's a character that people are going to loath in the years to come.

XDoomsayerX
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
The Kane/Dbry anger management stuff has been golden and easily my favorite part of Raw the past couple weeks. I also think Ryback is the man.

Ryback is so boring. Wrestles like him come by the numbers, just another generic powerhouse meat head. Maybe I'm wrong but all his matches have been against jobbers and doing the same shit. WWE needs to emphasize on technical and more high flying wrestling.

Oh yeah? Well, I went to Wrestlemania 18 in Toronto:rocker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_X8

Last night's RAW was good. I can't believe the fans voted for Kane & Bryan to "hug it out" when it's so obvious they should be a tag team. They play too well off each other and it would just be stupid for the WWE to let a golden opportunity like that slip away. Plus, if they want to give the tag division some credibility putting the belts on the duo of Kane and Bryan is a good way to do that.

They also might want to change the look of the tag titles. Part of making a title valuable is what the belt looks like to. If it looks like shit, like the current ones do, then no one will take it seriously. The level of the IC title was raised greatly by bringing the old design back. They need to do that with the tag titles.

They need to bring back the tag title design they had from the mid 80s all the way up to 2002. Guys looked like champions when they wore those, now I don't know what to make of those belts. The same goes for the current WWE Championship design. Until they get rid of that and actually make it look like a championship, the world heavyweight title will still be the most credible title they have.

Fuuuck that Wrestlemania crowd live must of been epic. Totally agree with you here on the titles stuff, those tag tittles look like huge pennies so stupid. That WWE title has looked lame since it first dawned but that shit sells so Vince will never change it. I'm pretty sure they'll make Bryan and Kane a tag team just gonna make that anger management thing carry on more. I think there gonna try to throw AJ into anger management then make her their manager and go to dominate the tag team division, now that would awesome. Throw in Rey and Sin Cara as a tag team and we got a decent division.

I watched the first fifteen minutes of Raw and made it up until AJ did her skip around the ring. I hate it when the WWE insists in characters ALWAYS doing their little quirks no matter what. Why not have her come out, do her skip, go into the ring and make her announcement? Having her skip at the end I just saw Vince McMahon reminding her before she went on, "don't forget to skip, people think you're crazy" then when she was on going through her head "enter-pose-skip-talk-skip, enter-pose-skip-talk-skip;...oh shit I forgot the first skip".

That's a character that people are going to loath in the years to come.

That skipping shit just seems random plus her character doesn't seem crazy any more. She just comes out and announces a match like any other manager.

adamclark52
09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
The Wrestlemania X8 crowd was really good (I was there too) but it was insane during Rock vs. Hogan. Don't listen when the vingettes say the crowd was split 50/50. I'd say it was closer to 62,000 for Hogan, 6,000 for the Rock. I've never heard a louder crowd, even at concerts. That's one of those wrestling moments I with I could relive.

XDoomsayerX
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
The Wrestlemania X8 crowd was really good (I was there too) but it was insane during Rock vs. Hogan. Don't listen when the vingettes say the crowd was split 50/50. I'd say it was closer to 62,000 for Hogan, 6,000 for the Rock. I've never heard a louder crowd, even at concerts. That's one of those wrestling moments I with I could relive.

Yeah they always say 50/50 split. I'll never understand the love for Hulk Hogan. If any guy defines boring as fuck its him.

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjQeosuBCA&feature=player_embedded

Bryan is amazing and needs to main event dude is so over :lol:

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Yea the anger management segments were funny and Ryback really kinda reminds me of Goldberg from how he acts.

John The Drummer
09-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Anger Management Segments: Can't stand them, so ridiculous. Sure they're funny, but come on, I want some wrestling and not some stupid "bro bonding" stuff.

Ryback: I sadly enjoy him, to a point, but he cannot sell anything, hes all attack and nothing else. He looks sloppy when he gets beat on.

AJ: I love her character. She needs to be super crazy again though and not so normal.

I read into WWE 13 more and I am stoked for the story mode, ATTITUDE ERA!!!!!!!

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Anger Management Segments: Can't stand them, so ridiculous. Sure they're funny, but come on, I want some wrestling and not some stupid "bro bonding" stuff.

Ryback: I sadly enjoy him, to a point, but he cannot sell anything, hes all attack and nothing else. He looks sloppy when he gets beat on.

AJ: I love her character. She needs to be super crazy again though and not so normal.

I read into WWE 13 more and I am stoked for the story mode, ATTITUDE ERA!!!!!!!

Yeah I am buying WWE 13 on release day.

AJ is a awesome character in whatever she does (and she is so god damn sexy)

CM Punk is by far one of the best wrestlers in WWE and can work a crowd like no other.

Sanitarium78
09-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Ryback is so boring. Wrestles like him come by the numbers, just another generic powerhouse meat head. Maybe I'm wrong but all his matches have been against jobbers and doing the same shit. WWE needs to emphasize on technical and more high flying wrestling.

I'm tired of reading on the internet when people say this guy or that guy can't wreslte. Well, guess what? That's not the role some guys are best for. Guys like Ryback, Big Show and Kane for example are not there to wrestle. They're there to kick people's asses and there's room for both ass kickers and technical masters in wrestling. Always has been and always will be.

Yeah, 95 percent of the crowd was for Hogan. That was such a great experience. I've been going to wrestling shows since the mid 80s. I've been to RAW and Smackdown taping's and a number of PPVs and i've never been apart of a crowd like that one. They weren't hot only for Hogan/Rock but for pretty much the whole show.

I'll never understand the love for Hulk Hogan. If any guy defines boring as fuck its him.

If you wanted show your ignorance as a wrestling fan, then you've done it with this statement. If you don't understand the love people have for Hogan you just don't get what pro wrestling is about. Yes, he's not a good wrestler but neither is the Rock. Hogan was an entertainer, just like the crock, and had a character that was universally loved because his charisma was off the charts. Let's put it this way, The Rock wishes he had the charisma Hogan had from 1984-1992. He brought in millions of fans, myself included, a lot of those fans are still around today. Without Hogan WWF/E would've died years ago. Yes, Hogan is THAT important to the hostory of wrestling.

AJ is a awesome character in whatever she does (and she is so god damn sexy)

She also grew up a wrestling fan so she actually wants to do this unlike the female models the WWE hire to "wrestle". She also plays video games and reads comic books which at least for me, adds to her sexiness.

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah I'd love to just chill with AJ.

I think she is the only good diva in WWE right now.

They need Divas like Trish Stratus and Lita to come back or get someone like them, someone that is not only pretty and can act but is a god damn good wrestler at the same time.

XDoomsayerX
09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm tired of reading on the internet when people say this guy or that guy can't wreslte. Well, guess what? That's not the role some guys are best for. Guys like Ryback, Big Show and Kane for example are not there to wrestle. They're there to kick people's asses and there's room for both ass kickers and technical masters in wrestling. Always has been and always will be.

True. Someone like Samoe Joe and Brock Lesnar were capable of both though. I just prefer them over just power houses. I'll just wait until they put Ryback in an actual feud with someone to further any more judgement.

On the Hogan note I didn't watch him in his prime days so I honestly have no say on his best stuff. Just feel like his character wouldn't interest me but he does come from a different era of wrestling that I didn't watch so it makes sense.

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Hogan at his prime was the true American wrestler. Hard not to love. Plus one of the best ring entrance songs of all time.

I AM A REAL AMERICAN!

Sanitarium78
09-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Yeah I'd love to just chill with AJ.

I think she is the only good diva in WWE right now.

They need Divas like Trish Stratus and Lita to come back or get someone like them, someone that is not only pretty and can act but is a god damn good wrestler at the same time.

I think Layla is actually pretty good in the ring. She's improved a lot when you look at the fact she started out not knowing anything about the buisness and was just a diva search winner. Plus, her ass is just fantastic:drool:

Beth and Natalya a both good in the ring but the WWE doesn't use them. Eve is also decent to. She trains in brazilian jujitsu, so if the WWE decided to turn that into a story she could probably really show some good stuff during her matches. But that makes too much sense so they won't do it. You could have the WWE's first ever female submission expert. Which could be cool since it's never been done before.

True. Someone like Samoe Joe and Brock Lesnar were capable of both though. I just prefer them over just power houses. I'll just wait until they put Ryback in an actual feud with someone to further any more judgement.

On the Hogan note I didn't watch him in his prime days so I honestly have no say on his best stuff. Just feel like his character wouldn't interest me but he does come from a different era of wrestling that I didn't watch so it makes sense.

The WWE has come out with a couple of Hogan DVD sets you should check out. While were on the history lesson, if you'v never seen the DVDs of Ric Flair, Jake The Snake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage and The Four Horsemen the WWE released, you need to change that as soon as possible. I'm sure they're on sale at the WWE shopzone but I wouldn't know because every time I go to wwe.com I never get past looking at pictures of the divas.

If you can't afford all of that i'm sure there's other ways you can go online to see them.

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I
The WWE has come out with a couple of Hogan DVD sets you should check out. While were on the history lesson, if you'v never seen the DVDs of Ric Flair, Jake The Snake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage and The Four Horsemen the WWE released, you need to change that as soon as possible. I'm sure they're on sale at the WWE shopzone but I wouldn't know because every time I go to wwe.com I never get past looking at pictures of the divas.

If you can't afford all of that i'm sure there's other ways you can go online to see them.

Will look into these.

On the diva topic, WWE doesn't have a terrible divas as stated better. Obviously most are attractive, Layla and Eve:drool:, and are decent in the ring just the WWE doesn't emphasize/improve on the division which is silly considering there is a 3 hour Raw and online shows as well. Wish Kharma(Awesome Kong) would of worked out, that would've been cool to see her on the big stage.

adamclark52
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
If you ask me, the WWE never had a better Divas devision than it did in 2002-2006. I actually gave a crap about womens matches then, that one with Lita and Trish headlining Raw was a wicked match. But when Trish and Lita left within a few months of each other in late 2006 it all went downhill.

And tying in Divas with Wrestlemania X8 I'll never forget that, for some reason, after Hogan vs. the Rock they had the Divas match (Three-Way of Trish, Lita and Jazz, I think) and I'd never heard a crowd die so fast. Way to suck the life out of a crowd, even though it was Trish's hometown.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
If you ask me, the WWE never had a better Divas devision than it did in 2002-2006. I actually gave a crap about womens matches then, that one with Lita and Trish headlining Raw was a wicked match. But when Trish and Lita left within a few months of each other in late 2006 it all went downhill.

And tying in Divas with Wrestlemania X8 I'll never forget that, for some reason, after Hogan vs. the Rock they had the Divas match (Three-Way of Trish, Lita and Jazz, I think) and I'd never heard a crowd die so fast. Way to suck the life out of a crowd, even though it was Trish's hometown.

Actally the whole point of putting the match in that spot was to kill the crowd for a bit. If they put the world title match on right after Hogan/Rock it would've been too much for the crowd. They needed to ge their energy back, kinda like how a band will throw a slower song into the set so everyone can catch a breather for a few minutes. Still, the crowd was dead for the world title match anyways. It was a good match but there was no drama to it because everybody knew HHH was winning, so most didn't really care. Hogan and Rock was the main event of the show and the crowd had nothig left after that. In fact, there were a lot of people who left the venue after that match.

How dare you talk about the divas division from 2002-2006 and not mention Victoria:D

adamclark52
09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Actally the whole point of putting the match in that spot was to kill the crowd for a bit. If they put the world title match on right after Hogan/Rock it would've been too much for the crowd. They needed to ge their energy back, kinda like how a band will throw a slower song into the set so everyone can catch a breather for a few minutes. Still, the crowd was dead for the world title match anyways. It was a good match but there was no drama to it because everybody knew HHH was winning, so most didn't really care. Hogan and Rock was the main event of the show and the crowd had nothig left after that. In fact, there were a lot of people who left the venue after that match.

How dare you talk about the divas division from 2002-2006 and not mention Victoria:D

I didn't want to get into listing Divas that we all knew were there. But yes, Victoria was probably my favorite. She was a wicked wrestler, she was hot and her finisher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4VYqkEf5g) is still one of the most brutal moves I've seen in my life, up there with the Canadian Destroyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6r2gi-k5iE) and F-5 as one of my all-time favorites.

dcmetal108
09-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I didn't want to get into listing Divas that we all knew were there. But yes, Victoria was probably my favorite. She was a wicked wrestler, she was hot and her finisher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4VYqkEf5g) is still one of the most brutal moves I've seen in my life, up there with the Canadian Destroyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6r2gi-k5iE) and F-5 as one of my all-time favorites.

That is one crazy fucking finisher.

XDoomsayerX
09-08-2012, 06:34 PM
It looks so fake though. I know, I know it's wrestling we're taking about but physically you can't perform that with no aid from the person being Canadian Destroyed.

adamclark52
09-09-2012, 09:59 AM
That is one crazy fucking finisher.

If you're talking about Victoria's, you should try YouTube some matches where she used it on Christy Hemme. Christy could sell that move so well...because she was so bendy. :eyes: There was a few times where I thought for sure that she'd snapped Christy's back in half.

adamclark52
09-09-2012, 10:06 AM
At least I think it was Christy Hemme.

XDoomsayerX
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM
No Surrender on papers seems like a miss. And boy does TNA love putting Daniels and AJ Styles together.

hinder5050
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
jerry the king lawler passed put during comentry at tonights raw and is now in stable condition hope he gets better soon

dcmetal108
09-10-2012, 07:47 PM
jerry the king lawler passed put during comentry at tonights raw and is now in stable condition hope he gets better soon

He had a heart attack mid broadcast

hinder5050
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
He had a heart attack mid broadcast

i only heard he passed out that sucks tho also just imagine if the fans would him to fight cm punk tonight instead of randy orton and he passed iut during the match

dcmetal108
09-10-2012, 08:22 PM
i only heard he passed out that sucks tho also just imagine if the fans would him to fight cm punk tonight instead of randy orton and he passed iut during the match

From what WWE has said he had a heart attack and medics came and did everything they could to keep him alive and thankfully it worked.

John The Drummer
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Best wishes to Lawler! I thought it was just a work at first, since WWE is known for doing kind of fucked up things at times, so I didn't think much of it. But when Michael Cole stopped commentating after the announcement, I figured it was for real :(

Sanitarium78
09-12-2012, 06:34 AM
If you're talking about Victoria's, you should try YouTube some matches where she used it on Christy Hemme. Christy could sell that move so well...because she was so bendy. :eyes: There was a few times where I thought for sure that she'd snapped Christy's back in half.

I think he's talking about the Canadian Destroyer. While you do need help from your opponets to perform most moves, the amount of help Peety Williams needs to pull that move off makes it compeltely laughable and not believable in the least. Are we really supposed to believe that the opponet is willing to flip himself all the way over in order to take that move? If he's gonna put that much effort into taking it, then he can just as easily reverse his way out of it.

As far as Victoria goes, yes, her finisher is one of the best i've ever seen. She's been wrestling in TNA for a couple years now under the name Tara. For a women who's 41 years old, she's still hot as hell and can still bring it in the ring.

Here's her match against Gail Kim from last weeks episode of Impact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1Gbj8l2oI

Sanitarium78
09-13-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm not sure how I missed this but the weekly Smackdown TV taping is taking place here on the 25th. Either I haven't been paying attention or the WWE has done a shitty job of promoting it. I'm guessing it's a little bit of both.

dcmetal108
09-13-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm not sure how I missed this but the weekly Smackdown TV taping is taking place here on the 25th. Either I haven't been paying attention or the WWE has done a shitty job of promoting it. I'm guessing it's a little bit of both.

They dont promote that great.

Sanitarium78
09-13-2012, 07:51 AM
They dont promote that great.

Which is sad because I remember back in the day, the mid 80s/early 90s, they used to run advertising spots all the time on when they were coming to the area. They used to have a spot every week on Prime Time Wrestling where they would advertise the upcoming shows. Weather it was here in Buffalo, Rochester or up in Canada like Toronto, St Chatherines or Hamilton, they would always let you know through radio and TV commercials when they would be in the genreal region. Obviously, the internet doesn't make that as much of a necessity now but it would still be nice to see/hear some advertising about an upcoming show. Especially when you consider how much money the WWE has, they can certainly afford a little bit to promote shows.

It was the same during the attitude era. There were commercials not only on RAW and Smackdown for local shows, but during other TV programs and a lot of radio advertisment. I read that Smackdown shows have been poorly attented for the last few years. If they do so little marketing for the brand nationwide, it's easy to see why that is.

The latest on Lawler is he suffered a heart attack and from the reports I read it appears as if he was clinically dead for a bit at the arena and they brought him back with difribulators backstage. He got some stents put in his body to help expand his viens and blood flow. It seems he's doing a lot better now and there was talk of him being sent home soon. The lesson here is, don't have a 62 year old man compete in a match with guys who are 30 years younger and in peak physical shape.

dcmetal108
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah I went to a Smackdown house show in Hammond Indiana maybe a year and a half ago and it wasn't packed. They just had the wrestlers walking from behind a curtain. No presentation at all. It was like a low level indy show look. Still good matches.

And Dec.26th is a Smackdown house show in Chicago. At the same place they just did the sold out LIVE Raw show.

I don't see the small level house show selling it out. Might still attend though.

XDoomsayerX
09-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Boredom...Night of Champions Predictions: Bold=winners indent=who I'd like to win

Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena
Layla (c) vs. Kaitlyn
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Ryback(Preshow Battle Royal winner)
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
The Miz (c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara

This cards looks okay. Wrestling wise Punk and Cena( Punk losing though will suck :( ) will prob deliver and Orton/Ziggler, Tag Team, and Fatal Four Way should be solid. Del Rio really needs to move on that story is boring now and he doesn't seem like a threat now Barrett should get involved in World Title situation after this PPV, US Title Match who cares, and Fatal Four Way: Miz is boring, Mysterio is too banged up, Cara is a botch master, and Rhodes is a good wrestler who really needs a gimmick change. Too soon to put titles on D-Bry/Kane though it would be cool, Divas division who cares, and Ziggler needs a win over Orton.

hinder5050
09-15-2012, 03:27 AM
[QUOTE=XDoomsayerX;488068]Boredom...Night of Champions Predictions: Bold=winners indent=who I'd like to win

CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Ryback(Preshow Battle Royal winner)
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan

I agree with you on most but cm punk will walk out champ, randy orton will beat ziggler, ryback will win us championship and kane and bryan will become tag champs

dcmetal108
09-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Orton and Punk will win no doubt.

Also I dont see Kane And Bryan winning. R Truth and Kingston are a good tag team and I see Kane and Bran losing then going back to feuding.

Sanitarium78
09-15-2012, 04:54 AM
PPV predictions sounds like a fun thing to do every month.

Battle Royal for US title Shot: Zack Ryder wins.

US Title match: Cesaro over Ryder.

Cesaro just won the title and it looks like the WWE might be trying to do something with him, so he won't lose the belt this soon. Ryder will give him a good match and will have the crowd behind him. Could be the start of a nice little feud if they decided to go this way.

Diva's title: Layla wins.

It looks like Layla and Eve will be the next feud for the belt so there's no reason for her to lose it here. Plus, how hot Layla is should be reason enough for her to keep the title until she retires.

IC title fatal fourway: Miz wins.

This should be a fun match. Miz has been pretty good in the ring since coming back and becoming IC champ. Cody is good in the ring but really has nothing else to offer in anyway. The masked midgets will do all their flippity floppity high flying stuff to keep the match exciting but they'll be better off as a tag team. I think Miz is gonna get fed to Ryback eventually and that's who he'll drop the title to.

Tag titles: Kane & Bryan win.

All four guys in this match know what they're doing and it will no doubt be a good one. The WWE is just plain out stupid if they don't have Kane and Bryan win. They've been trying to give the tag team division a spark for awhile now but nothing has worked. Bryan and Kane as champs will give it that spark they need, not to mention give instant credibility to the tag titles. For some reason Kofi and Truth haven't really done much as tag champs. Which is strange considering how charismatic and good they are in the ring, especially Kofi who I think is very underrated. Let Kane and Bryan run with the belts for a bit and maybe have Kofi and Truth go their seperate ways and get involved in the IC or US title hunt.

Orton Vs Ziggler: Orton wins.

I know Ziggler should win this but he won't since the WWE has a history of treating some of their money in the bank winners like shit before they push them. This will be a very good match, too bad the right guy won't win.

World title: Sheamus wins.

Please just fuckin end this awful feud already. Sheamus and Del Rio have put on some good matches with each other already and this should be no different. It's just the storyline has gotten really dumb now and it's time for both of them to move onto something else. Hoepfully Sheamus can start something with Wade Barrett or Ziggler after this. Tuning Orton heel and having him feud with Sheamus isn't the worst idea in the world either.

WWE title: Punk wins.

Punk will drop the belt to Cena eventually, i'm thinking at Survivor Series. But with Punk's recent turn and alignment with Heyman it's too soon to make the title change yet. Oh yeah, where has Big Show been the last few weeks? Just like Punk is now, Show used to be a "Paul Heyman guy" awhile back. I predict he will renew his old relationship with Heyman and help Punk retain the belt.

Overall, it looks like it will be a good card. At least we don't have to see Triple H crush the momentum of a rising star like he did at last years NOC when he beat Punk and completely fucked him over.

John The Drummer
09-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Kane/D-Bry is a hard call. Thety could win it, but a WWE house show for here is advertising Kane vs D-Bry in a cage match :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
PPV predictions sounds like a fun thing to do every month.

-Cesaro just won the title and it looks like the WWE might be trying to do something with him, so he won't lose the belt this soon.

-It looks like Layla and Eve will be the next feud for the belt so there's no reason for her to lose it here. Plus, how hot Layla is should be reason enough for her to keep the title until she retires.

-I think Miz is gonna get fed to Ryback eventually and that's who he'll drop the title to.

-Bryan and Kane as champs will give it that spark they need, not to mention give instant credibility to the tag titles.

-I know Ziggler should win this but he won't since the WWE has a history of treating some of their money in the bank winners like shit before they push them. This will be a very good match, too bad the right guy won't win.

-Please just fuckin end this awful feud already. Sheamus and Del Rio have put on some good matches with each other already and this should be no different. It's just the storyline has gotten really dumb now and it's time for both of them to move onto something else. Hoepfully Sheamus can start something with Wade Barrett or Ziggler after this. Tuning Orton heel and having him feud with Sheamus isn't the worst idea in the world either.

-Punk will drop the belt to Cena eventually

-Overall, it looks like it will be a good card. At least we don't have to see Triple H crush the momentum of a rising star like he did at last years NOC when he beat Punk and completely fucked him over.

I'm down for predictions every month. Also I agree with all these points here. You're Big Show point is pretty good, never thought of that actually. Good way to turn Punk full heel.

Kane/D-Bry is a hard call. Thety could win it, but a WWE house show for here is advertising Kane vs D-Bry in a cage match :eyes:

Probably made that before current storyline or just a dark match.

adamclark52
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
They'd be stupid to put the belt on Cena at this point of his career. So yeah, he's winning.

XDoomsayerX
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
D-Bry/Kane are champs, Punks is still the best in the world, and Eve(:lovedup:) is champ. All is well :D

hinder5050
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
jbl is now doing commentary great move!!!

Sanitarium78
09-19-2012, 06:20 AM
I hope Lawler never comes back. Ross and JBL are such a huge step up on commentary it's not even funny. It won't last though, since it's more important to Vince to have Lawler's bland useless commentary and pickering with Cole then actually putting over the wrestlers and making everything seem important.

JBL did more to build CM Punk in two shows than Lawer or Cole have done in the last year. That's how you do commentary, you build up the wreslters and you make what they're doing sound like the most important event in the world. That's how you get the crowd to buy into everything. JR and JBL know how to do this as good as any commentators ever have. It's a shame it won't last though, Night Of Cahmpions and RAW had such an exciting and fresh feel to them because of the change at commentary. JBL absoultely owned both shows and his commentary made you wanna watch.

I love how JBL also went into some of the wrerstlers history and brought up their past accomplishments. Not only their accomplishments in WWE but he also mentioned what Sin Cara won in Mexico and what Tensai did in Japan. That's how you make the wrestlers credible, run down every accolade they've gained in their careers no matter what organization it happened in. It might actually get fans to care a little bit more about the performer in the ring, imagine that?

adamclark52
09-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I didn't see JBL doing commentary the last two shows but I remember on Smackdown he was a little over the top for me. But a change is always good.

XDoomsayerX
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
King is god awful and I totally agree with sanitarium78, keep JBL and JR or at least one of em. JBL owning Cole! :lol:

John The Drummer
09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I miss Jerry when he was all about "PUPPIES!!!!!!" :( Damn you PG.

Sanitarium78
09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I miss Jerry when he was all about "PUPPIES!!!!!!" :( Damn you PG.

King's commentary doesn't suck because of PG, it's sucked for almost 20 years now. He was never any good at it and it amazes me that he's been this useless at his job for this long and still manages to keep it. Seriously, when was the last time Lawler got you excited for anything? That's the job of an announcer in wrestling and he's failed miserably ever since he started. His jokes are crony and lame and he adds nothing to the matches.

John The Drummer
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
King's commentary doesn't suck because of PG, it's sucked for almost 20 years now. He was never any good at it and it amazes me that he's been this useless at his job for this long and still manages to keep it. Seriously, when was the last time Lawler got you excited for anything? That's the job of an announcer in wrestling and he's failed miserably ever since he started. His jokes are crony and lame and he adds nothing to the matches.

Armaggedon 1999
WWF Divas Pool Match

King knew what was up :rocker:

But yes, overall, he was never that great. They need JBL to be full time, he is a great commentator.

rjturtle9
09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Bring back Joey Styles!

Sepultura69
09-21-2012, 10:34 AM

"PUPPIES!!" "PUPPIES". Sorry, the moment I read this post that was the first thing that popped in my head. That's probably lawlers signature quote :lol:

Sanitarium78
09-22-2012, 04:22 AM
"PUPPIES!!" "PUPPIES". Sorry, the moment I read this post that was the first thing that popped in my head. That's probably lawlers signature quote :lol:

Lawler didn't even come up with that. Shocking I know, that the boring and bland commentator who's never had anything useful to say got his signature quote from somebody else.

The Road Dogg was the one who came up "puppies". I can't remember if it was Sable or Debra but Road Dogg was cutting a promo in the ring while one of the divas was in the ring with him and he told her something like "to take off that top so we can see your puppies". Then King decided to steal it because he's not original enough to come up with his own signature line. Well, that's enough trashing of the greatest minor league wrestler of all time.

I think after a few months that the WWE is actually figuring out how make these three hour RAW's pretty decent. There seems to be less time filling now and more focus on building up the midcard guys which is a very good thing. Look at what's happening with the tag titles now that Kane and Bryan have them. The belts are actually a main focus and the long dead WWE tag team divison looks to be getting rejuvinated quite a bit from this. Hopefully they'll let Kane and Bryan run with this for awhile because it's really helping out the division so far.

"I'm the tag team champions!!!":D

JRA
09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Lawler didn't even come up with that. Shocking I know, that the boring and bland commentator who's never had anything useful to say got his signature quote from somebody else.

The Road Dogg was the one who came up "puppies". I can't remember if it was Sable or Debra but Road Dogg was cutting a promo in the ring while one of the divas was in the ring with him and he told her something like "to take off that top so we can see your puppies". Then King decided to steal it because he's not original enough to come up with his own signature line. Well, that's enough trashing of the greatest minor league wrestler of all time.

Wow, I never knew that.

adamclark52
09-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I think Paul Heyman was a worse commentator than Lawler. Heyman may have a great mind for the wrestling business and know how to write great angles but pretty much every promo he does (with the exception of One Night Stand 2005) is exactly the same.

example: "Brock Lesnar is a this, Brock Lesnar is a that, Brock...Lesnar...Will...Whatever".

Change "Brock Lesnar" with someone else's name and there's a Heyman promo.

adamclark52
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
It's sad that Beth Phoenix is probably leaving. She's the last of the womens wrestlers who could make me care about anything she was involved in. I guess that Natalya girl is pretty good but I've never watched Superstars or NXT so I've never seen her do anything except that one "fart" gimmick last year.

Sanitarium78
09-29-2012, 05:35 AM
It's sad that Beth Phoenix is probably leaving. She's the last of the womens wrestlers who could make me care about anything she was involved in. I guess that Natalya girl is pretty good but I've never watched Superstars or NXT so I've never seen her do anything except that one "fart" gimmick last year.

Natalya was doing OK in the WWE before she became a superstars/NXT only diva. She was diva's champ a couple years ago. So she has done something before, even if people don't remember it. I don't blame Beth for leaving at all, since she lost the divas title earlier this year they haven't done shit with her. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for a lot of these performers who bust their ass for so long to finally make it the WWE and when they do, the "creative" team can't come up with anything for them consistanly. It must be hearbreaking for them to show up to the shows regularly only to find out they won't get used again that night. Especially, for somebody like Zakk Ryder who busted his ass to get noticed on his own without the help of the WWE machine, only for the WWE brass to resent him for it and job him out all the time instead of captilizing on it more.

Kelly Kelly also asked for her release and was granted it yesterday. She was nice to look at but overall she isn't a big loss. I guess Kaitlyn will now fill the role of the "blonde diva who sucks in the ring but will get put on TV because she's hot."

I know WWE divas division hasn't been good for awhile but i'm really tired of people not giving Eve and Layla some respect for their work. They're both pretty solid in the ring and if they want to make the division better those two are good enough performers to build it around them.

adamclark52
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Kelly Kelly also asked for her release and was granted it yesterday. She was nice to look at but overall she isn't a big loss. I guess Kaitlyn will now fill the role of the "blonde diva who sucks in the ring but will get put on TV because she's hot."

That makes me happy. The happiest I've been about a release since Ashley Massaro.

John The Drummer
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with how enjoyable the 1.5-2 hours that I caught of RAW was. Tyson Kidd vs Antonio Caesaro was amazing! Anyone catch what went down between CM Punk and Vince?

rjturtle9
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with how enjoyable the 1.5-2 hours that I caught of RAW was. Tyson Kidd vs Antonio Caesaro was amazing! Anyone catch what went down between CM Punk and Vince?

They beat the hell out of each other. CM Punk got into a fight with a fan, it was cool.

John The Drummer
10-09-2012, 01:06 PM
They beat the hell out of each other. CM Punk got into a fight with a fan, it was cool.
SHIT! I need to look that up tonight :eek:

rjturtle9
10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
SHIT! I need to look that up tonight :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtMDOnW6qg

Sanitarium78
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtMDOnW6qg

Fans should never shove a wrestler like that. Punk was just defending himself, the fan could've had a weapon or something. I've been to plenty of wrestling shows, their security isn't exactly top notch. It turns out though that Punk hit the wrong guy. There were other people shoving him and he just blindly swung behind him and nailed the wrong person. According to Punk, some of the fans were saying "let's push him down the stairs". So if he didn't take a swing at somebody, something worse could've happened.

Is anyone gonna check out the new Punk DVD that came out yesterday? I'm probably gonna watch it today or tomorrow. It's kind of dumb for the WWE to turn him heel before the planned DVD was to be released though. Keeping him a fan favorite would've helped it sell more.