PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Sanitarium78
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't know much about AJ Styles, but I would say that the following roster spots are just as you described.

3MB
Tons of Funk
David Otunga
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
R-Truth
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara
Los Matadores
Curtis Axel
Christian
Great Khali
Hunico/Camacho
Curt Hawkins
Most of the Divas

...and more. The company is loaded with uninteresting people.

Agree with all of this except Christian and R-Truth. Christian is still pretty good in the ring and is a solid upper mid card veteran who can help out some of the younger guys by working matches with them. When he's given mic time and is allowed to actually let his personality shine, he's an excellent mic worker. The problem is, the WWE doesn't seem to ever allow him to do that. I guess they don't want him to get over and get bigger pops than Vince's chosen few do.

R-Truth is pretty much the same as Christian now. As he proved a couple years ago when he turned heel, went nuts and became the "it's a conspiracy" R-Truth, he can be an interesting and entertaining character as long as the WWE allows him to showcase it. Unfortunately, the WWE seems to end interesting characters far too soon in recent years and that's a huge problem.

The only one other one on your list I would keep around would be Justin Gabriel. There's no reason he can't be used as a solid mid card guy. Considering both the IC and US champs have very few challengers, he could make a decent contender for one of those championships.

Everyone else, fucking useless.

XDoomsayerX
11-07-2013, 09:56 AM
AJ styles would be buried just like Christian and R-Truth.

They should push Cesaro that dude is a beast plus he even has the look Vince gets a hard on for.

John The Drummer
11-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Saw Hunico and Camacho return last night *unenthusiastic fnger twirl*.... no one seemed to care... its great they're putting The Uso's over so well, though.

dcmetal108
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Saw Hunico and Camacho return last night *unenthusiastic fnger twirl*.... no one seemed to care... its great they're putting The Uso's over so well, though.

The Usos are fucking great.

Sanitarium78
11-09-2013, 04:03 AM
The Uso's are awesome. They're past the point of gaining anything by going over no names like Hunico and Chamacho. While it's cool that Cody & Goldust have the tag belts, I would much rather the Uso's have them. They've been working their asses off all year. Their entrance is great to, it really sets them apart from everyone else.

AJ Styles has denied having any talks with the WWE and said he was never offered a contract. So, him getting a low ball offer is probably bullshit like I originally thought it was.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
It's pretty cool seeing Bre Bella's in ring skills improving ten fold cause of D-Bry helping her out. She actually looks damn good.

Nikki on the other hand...shows how much Cena is a wrestler :lol:

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-11-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL @ the crowd chanting "WE WANT TABLES!!" and "ECW! ECW!" during the divas match :lol:

adamclark52
11-11-2013, 11:21 PM
i just listened to forty five minutes of Diamond Dallas Page on the radio doing an interview and dear god, I love that man. We've talked about this before but he just has the best stories and seems like the nicest guy in the world. I could listen to him for hours. If you're ever listening to the radio, watching TV or somewhere on the internet and a DDP interview or something comes up watch it. The guy is the best. He was never one of my favorite wrestlers when he was active but he's just one of my favorite people now. If I was at a signing or something and he was there I wouldn't be intimidated to talk to him at all. Because I think he'd just be cool with everyone.

On another wrestling related note; I took a wicked fall off a ladder at work today (and landed similar to the way Chris Jericho did at Unforgiven 2004). That was fun. Aside from a badly sprained wrist I'm fine. So I think I'm ready for CZW.

dcmetal108
11-12-2013, 08:11 AM
i just listened to forty five minutes of Diamond Dallas Page on the radio doing an interview and dear god, I love that man. We've talked about this before but he just has the best stories and seems like the nicest guy in the world. I could listen to him for hours. If you're ever listening to the radio, watching TV or somewhere on the internet and a DDP interview or something comes up watch it. The guy is the best. He was never one of my favorite wrestlers when he was active but he's just one of my favorite people now. If I was at a signing or something and he was there I wouldn't be intimidated to talk to him at all. Because I think he'd just be cool with everyone.

On another wrestling related note; I took a wicked fall off a ladder at work today (and landed similar to the way Chris Jericho did at Unforgiven 2004). That was fun. Aside from a badly sprained wrist I'm fine. So I think I'm ready for CZW.

Yeah DDP was extremely nice and down to earth when I met him. He was also really taken back and touched when I mentioned how I loved him in The Devils Rejects.

John The Drummer
11-12-2013, 12:00 PM
LOL @ the crowd chanting "WE WANT TABLES!!" and "ECW! ECW!" during the divas match :lol:

I thought I heard that :lol:
Didn't they chant "THIS IS AWESOME!" as well during that match? I laughed.

rjturtle9
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
So I think I'm ready for CZW.

Did you fall off that ladder into light tubes or something? CZW goes a little too hard sometimes.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Man that fight between the Wyatts and Shield was fucking awesome. The whole place exploded and was going crazy. Shit I was fucking going crazy.

Maideneer
11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Man that fight between the Wyatts and Shield was fucking awesome. The whole place exploded and was going crazy. Shit I was fucking going crazy.

Agreed, for the first time in a while, WWE was exciting.

adamclark52
11-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Did you fall off that ladder into light tubes or something? CZW goes a little too hard sometimes.

I landed on a ceiling tile and it broke in half. "ECW, ECW, ECW".

Sanitarium78
11-13-2013, 06:39 AM
At Survivor Series it needs to be The Shield and The Wyatts vs. Punk, Bryan, The Uso's, Goldust and Cody in a traditional elimination tag match. You've got to at least have one match like that otherwise there's no point of calling the PPV Survivor Series anymore.

dcmetal108
11-13-2013, 09:19 AM
At Survivor Series it needs to be The Shield and The Wyatts vs. Punk, Bryan, The Uso's, Goldust and Cody in a traditional elimination tag match. You've got to at least have one match like that otherwise there's no point of calling the PPV Survivor Series anymore.

They would need a reason to stick everyone together though. That is where WWE is lacking.

John The Drummer
11-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Big E. Langston always looks like he has to piss REALLY REALLY bad.

Sanitarium78
11-13-2013, 12:53 PM
They would need a reason to stick everyone together though. That is where WWE is lacking.

I guess you didn't see the end of RAW where The Wyatts and Shield were about to do a 6 on 2 beat down on Punk and Bryan and then the Uso's, Cody and Goldust made the save.

The match makes perfect sense. The Wyatts are starting to feud with Bryan and Punk and the Shield have has issues with The Uso's, Cody and Goldust over the last few months.

BloodoftheKings
11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
The match makes perfect sense. The Wyatts are starting to feud with Bryan and Punk and the Shield have has issues with The Uso's, Cody and Goldust over the last few months.

But what about Cody & Goldust's feud with the Real Americans? After reading the Smackdown spoilers it seems like it could be Wyatts and the Shield v. Punk, Bryan, the Usos, Curtis Axel, and Ryback.

rjturtle9
11-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I landed on a ceiling tile and it broke in half. "ECW, ECW, ECW".

*Joey Styles voice* OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Big E. Langston always looks like he has to piss REALLY REALLY bad.

Dude I'm busting up!!!!!!! :lol:

After reading the Smackdown spoilers it seems like it could be Wyatts and the Shield v. Punk, Bryan, the Usos, Curtis Axel, and Ryback.

Well that's just stupid.

BloodoftheKings
11-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Well that's just stupid.

I think Heyman is out of the picture now and on the new Smackdown there's supposedly a promo where Axel and Ryback talk about how the whole Paul Heyman guys thing is over. It also said Axel and Ryback get attacked by the Wyatts in the main event.

Maideneer
11-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Anyone catch Kurt Angle, Chris Sabin and Magnus on Extreme Cheapskates (TLC) lol?

Maideneer
11-14-2013, 06:42 PM
During a one-on-one phone interview with Ring Posts to promote WWE's latest DVD release "History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment" (which comes out Nov. 19), former WWE legend and current brand ambassador Jimmy Hart, who is personal friends with Hulk Hogan and has worked with him on several business projects, weighed in on the rumors circulating that Hulk Hogan may once again appear in WWE:

"Hogan knew I was doing this press tour with WWE promoting the DVD," Hart said from Mobile, Ala., on Wednesday. "He told me to say exactly this: Hulk Hogan will be at WrestleMania if he has to buy a ticket and sit at ringside.

"I think he can step into the ring one more time. We have a school in Florida, and he stepped into the ring there and did some stuff, and he looked great. As his friend, I'd be the first one to say, 'Listen Hulk, do us a favor, just go out to the ring to Real American, say OK Brother, rip the shirt, do the pose, sign a bunch of autographs and people will still be just as happy,' ... but he does have a couple of good matches left in him, he really does. I've got my fingers crossed we see something at WrestleMania."

When asked about an opponent for hogan, Hart pointed directly at one name -- the face of WWE.

"At Hogan's Beach a couple months ago we had a Q&A, and I asked the audience, who would everyone like to see Hogan face in WWE, and the answer overwhelmingly was John Cena. I think that would be a great match. John Cena is so classy, this kid is so good. I would like to manage him, but he doesn't need a manager. He reminds me so much of Hulk in a lot of different ways."

In a past interview with the now-defunct Aftermath Radio, Hulk Hogan told the program that he had originally been slated to return to WWE for another match at WrestleMania 25 against John Cena, but his lingering back injury and the apparatus used to try and alleviate his pain not working as hoped prevented him from participating.

PVH5150
11-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Has anybody heard any rumors of Undertaker returning at Survivor Series?

I haven't watched anything in going on a year now and Survivor Series is in Boston. This would mark his 23rd anniversary with the company. If so, I might have to grab a seat.

Maideneer
11-14-2013, 07:02 PM

I haven't watched anything in going on a year now and Survivor Series is in Boston. This would mark his 23rd anniversary with the company. If so, I might have to grab a seat.

Just found a 50-yard line 5th row seat on TM for a low low price of $422.80.

adamclark52
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
I for one would love to see Hogan back for Wrestlemania XXX in some shape or form. And I think we will.

dcmetal108
11-15-2013, 06:54 AM

No its a lie though.

Taker already being penned for WM.

rjturtle9
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Hogan vs Cena would be the worst match in history. That makes me want to watch it. It'll be the worst way to end a (hopefully) fantastic card.

John The Drummer
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM
I really hate how TNA is trying to use that CM Punk storyline for AJ Styles where his contract was expiring and they put the title on him, except actually letting AJ go and wrestle in other companies as if he "stole" the title and is a freelance guy now.... its so dumb :bouville:

adamclark52
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I really hate how TNA is trying to use that CM Punk storyline for AJ Styles where his contract was expiring and they put the title on him, except actually letting AJ go and wrestle in other companies as if he "stole" the title and is a freelance guy now.... its so dumb :bouville:

It's TNA. I heard they're going to have Abyss verses Joseph Park next week, is that true?

Sanitarium78
11-16-2013, 04:39 AM

Styles didn't steal anything. He won the title after his contract expired, he can take the belt which is rightfully his and go defend it wherever he wants since he's not under contract to TNA. The storyline makes perfect sense. That's what WWE should've did with Punk two years ago.

It's TNA. I heard they're going to have Abyss verses Joseph Park next week, is that true?

Yeah, In order to get Abyss to come out of "hiding" Park issued a challenge to him for next week. If Abyss only makes a brief appearance it can be pulled off. All they need is a guy his size, use long hair and a mask to cover up his face and Abyss's entrance jacket to cover up his body and you can have both of them on screen together. I've seen a lot worse make it on to a wrestling program.

adamclark52
11-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Styles didn't steal anything. He won the title after his contract expired, he can take the belt which is rightfully his and go defend it wherever he wants since he's not under contract to TNA. The storyline makes perfect sense. That's what WWE should've did with Punk two years ago.

Yeah, In order to get Abyss to come out of "hiding" Park issued a challenge to him for next week. If Abyss only makes a brief appearance it can be pulled off. All they need is a guy his size, use long hair and a mask to cover up his face and Abyss's entrance jacket to cover up his body and you can have both of them on screen together. I've seen a lot worse make it on to a wrestling program.

I heard they're going to have a match though?

JRA
11-16-2013, 06:51 AM
It's a sad state of affairs when TNA doing the CM Punk angle correctly is something I'm just hearing about now on a metal message board.

adamclark52
11-16-2013, 10:02 AM
It's a sad state of affairs when TNA doing the CM Punk angle correctly is something I'm just hearing about now on a metal message board.

You'll never find a wrestling board speaking of TNA in a positive light.

Sanitarium78
11-17-2013, 07:05 AM
You'll never find a wrestling board speaking of TNA in a positive light.

Unless they're talking about TNA form October of 2011 through October of 2012 which was TNA's best year ever, then no, you won't read anything positive. It's too bad they weren't a bigger company because they absolutely owned WWE in every category in 2012 when it came to putting on good/great weekly shows and PPV's. They could've given Vince the competition needed for him to wake his ass up and change something if more people were aware of TNA and how good they were last year.

2013 for TNA has been the exact opposite for them unfortunately.

Sanitarium78
11-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Wow, feel the excitement in the air? WWE's second longest running PPV, Survivor Series is tomorrow and nobody has posted in this thread in almost a week. These are some sad times in the WWE universe right now.

adamclark52
11-23-2013, 06:32 AM
It's pretty bad how quickly the WWE went from a hundred miles an hour in July to a complete stall.

Sanitarium78
11-23-2013, 06:45 AM
It's pretty bad how quickly the WWE went from a hundred miles an hour in July to a complete stall.

They were doing fine until last month when they had those two PPVs and screwed up the Daniel Bryan vs The Authority storyline. Bryan needed to win because the good guys need to prevail in angle's like that. Giving the belt to Orton instead of one of the hottest faces the WWE has seen in many years is one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen in my 28 years or being a fan. Orton never has good title runs, what makes them think this will be any different? Bryan was a main eventer in the making and they ruined the chance they had to make him a permanent main event guy.

John The Drummer
11-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Wooo... don't we all love the 2 Survivor Series elimination matches? A Diva's one which will probably be horrendous, and then that "extra baggage" one..... sure the guys in it are good, but no one seems to give a single fuck!

adamclark52
11-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I think the lack of fucks given is entirely due to the Big Show main-eventing.

dcmetal108
11-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Yeah Big Show does nothing for everyone it seems. Sure hes good and has been around for a long time but he isn't a main eventer or non tag team belt holder.

adamclark52
11-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Nobody cared about him in 2000, they're certainly not going to care in 2013. He's a good enough wrestler for someone his size but he's an upper mid-carder and that's it. Like you said, tag team champion or Intercontinental Champion.

PVH5150
11-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Wow, feel the excitement in the air? WWE's second longest running PPV, Survivor Series is tomorrow and nobody has posted in this thread in almost a week. These are some sad times in the WWE universe right now.

And it's 3 miles down the street from me at the Garden.

And this is the first year where I haven't given a fuck about anything, at all.

dcmetal108
11-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I do have tickets for a house show the day after Christmas, taking my grandma as her Christmas gift.

They have Punk, Byrant, Heyman, Ryback, Wyatts, Orton, and more labeled to wrestled.

adamclark52
11-23-2013, 07:05 PM
I am excited for the Royal Rumble (because I am every year) and Wrestlemania. I'm excited for Wrestlemania for all the reasons that people criticized last years though, the biggest one is I want to see Hogan. I was actually on ticketmaster last weekend about to buy tickets.

rjturtle9
11-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Plus they just released Chris Hero.

Maideneer
11-23-2013, 08:25 PM
I do have tickets for a house show the day after Christmas, taking my grandma as her Christmas gift.

They have Punk, Byrant, Heyman, Ryback, Wyatts, Orton, and more labeled to wrestled.

Damn, I'm at the NY version that same day and looks like I'm getting Cena, ABD, Show, & Shield.

dcmetal108
11-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Damn, I'm at the NY version that same day and looks like I'm getting Cena, ABD, Show, & Shield.

Ill trade you the Wyatts and Ryback for Shield.

I'm guessing we are getting Punk which is rare for a non taped show here since he'll be in Chicago for Christmas

Maideneer
11-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I'll trade you ABD & Show for a bag of peanuts and a soda.

Sanitarium78
11-24-2013, 04:09 AM

Yeah, it has nothing to do with Randy Orton's boring ass putting us to sleep with another world title run:tp:

Big Show has been getting great reactions lately. His storyline with Triple H and Stephanie actually ended up turning out pretty well for him. His reaction is up there with the ones Punk and Bryan get right now. Big Show is easily the third top face in the company right now.

I don't get the hate I read for Big Show on the internet. Yeah, he sucked the first four or five years of his career but over the course of the last few years he's done the best work we've ever seen from him. For a man his size, he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the solid matches he puts on. He also has a ton of charisma and is very good on the mic. It took him awhile but in terms of putting everything together, ring and mic work and playing his character affectively, but he has been very good over the last couple of years. I don't understand how a lot of fans don't see that?

If this storyline was to go the right way, Big Show should beat Orton clean tonight to get his revenge on Triple H and Stephanie. But they didn't do the right thing with Bryan so I doubt they'll do it tonight.

Sanitarium78
11-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Plus they just released Chris Hero.

From what I saw, his work in NXT wasn't that good. Maybe he just couldn't adjust his style to fit what the WWE wanted.

I don't know how many people here are familiar with Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards but they worked the recent NXT tapings. So maybe The American Wolves will be added to the WWE's improving tag team division in the near future.

adamclark52
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I guess it's equal parts suck for Orton and the Big Show.

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm going to Raw tomorrow. There's a rumor that Mick Foley is going to make an appearance.

PVH5150
11-24-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm going to Raw tomorrow. There's a rumor that Mick Foley is going to make an appearance.

More than likely. He lives like 45 minutes away from Uniondale.

Maideneer
11-24-2013, 11:04 AM

What section you got?

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2013, 11:29 AM
What section you got?

326. It's to the side of the ramp.

rjturtle9
11-24-2013, 12:27 PM
From what I saw, his work in NXT wasn't that good. Maybe he just couldn't adjust his style to fit what the WWE wanted.

I don't know how many people here are familiar with Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards but they worked the recent NXT tapings. So maybe The American Wolves will be added to the WWE's improving tag team division in the near future.

I get to see all three of those dudes next month at PWG All Star Weekend X. I'm super stocked for that show!

Maideneer
11-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Cool. I'm in 108, trying to develop a sarcastic sign.

PVH5150
11-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Cool. I'm in 108, trying to develop a sarcastic sign.

"Katie Vick = Ratings"

adamclark52
11-24-2013, 01:21 PM
The best sign I ever brought was one that simply said "John Cena" with a big heart replacing the O. At the height of Cena hatred in late-2006. My brother brought one to the same show that had "John" at the top and "Cena" at the bottom with a crude drawing of a pile of crap in the center.

John The Drummer
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Not watching... but here are some results so far...

Miz beat Kofi

The Shield + Real Murricans beat The Rhodes', Uso's, and Rey

Big E beat Curtis

Total Diva's beat Real Diva's

Mark Henry beat Ryback

..... I really hope there were some cool storyline things in these matches, because overall... BLAH

PVH5150
11-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Total Divas beat Real Divas

wut? who?

PVH5150
11-24-2013, 05:48 PM
A friend who works security at the Garden said it's the lowest selling PPV in the venue's history (including the old Garden).

Survivor Series 1993
WrestleMania 1998
King of the Ring 2000
Royal Rumble 2003
Summerslam 2006
Survivor Series 2008
Royal Rumble 2011
Night of Champions 2012
Survivor Series 2013

The fact the NoC outsold any SvS made me LOL.

adamclark52
11-24-2013, 07:00 PM
So it looks like the WWE set the groundwork for a title unification match tonight? As much as I don't want to see either combatant in the match (or the most likely outcome of Cena winning) I hope the 'E holds off until Wrestlemania for this match. Unifying the titles after having two championships for over ten years isn't TLC or even Royal Rumble worthy.

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2013, 08:36 PM
I doubt they would do a unification match before Mania. The rumor is that Mark Henry will feud with Orton going into TLC. Apparently they're booked to face each other at house shows in December.

dcmetal108
11-24-2013, 08:37 PM
At least Curtis Axel lost, hopefully they bury him soon.

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2013, 08:43 PM

Better yet, it looks like Del Rio will finally step down to the mid-card.

Survivor Series was pretty lousy but at least the most boring champions now seem to be out of the picture.

adamclark52
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I doubt they would do a unification match before Mania. The rumor is that Mark Henry will feud with Orton going into TLC. Apparently they're booked to face each other at house shows in December.

You never really know. I've seen the WWE be very impatient before. In their eyes a title unification match may not sell as many tickets as (or be as historic as) Rock-Cena III or Cena-Hogan. Debunk those comments all you want but you know they're thinking about it.

Whatever happens the last image of Wrestlemania XXX will be Cena standing tall.

What you won't see is ninety thousand people leaving the arena disappointed.

adamclark52
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM

Haven't they pretty much buried him already?

Maideneer
11-25-2013, 03:08 AM
What you won't see is ninety thousand people leaving the arena disappointed.

Never underestimate WWE writers like that.

Haven't they pretty much buried him already?

Once the title was off him, it pretty much relegated him to a nobody because they never developed his character they just handed him the belt with the background that he was Mr. Perfect's son and that's it. Whoop-dee-doo that's not enough to carry someone on their own without the title. Now that the guy lost the title, the bell curve dropped like a rollercoaster.

Maideneer
11-25-2013, 04:59 AM
326. It's to the side of the ramp.

Look for the guy holding the sign "Kane was Strahan's Dentist". That's me.

adamclark52
11-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Never underestimate WWE writers like that.

Once the title was off him, it pretty much relegated him to a nobody because they never developed his character they just handed him the belt with the background that he was Mr. Perfect's son and that's it. Whoop-dee-doo that's not enough to carry someone on their own without the title. Now that the guy lost the title, the bell curve dropped like a rollercoaster.

What I mean is you won't see it on TV. Just Cena, confetti and the title. And the commentators screaming, "der champ iz here"!

And Curtis Axel was doomed from the beginning.

Maideneer
11-25-2013, 07:31 AM
I see what you wrote there. I just wasn't thinking fourth dimensionally.

Yea that's true, it will be pretty much that huh re: Cena. I guess the well hasn't run dry yet with the kiddies.

John The Drummer
11-25-2013, 12:00 PM
wut? who?

Total Divas = Bellas, Natty, some other chicks

Real Divas = AJ Lee, Tamina, some other chicks

Sanitarium78
11-25-2013, 01:22 PM
The title unification match between Orton and Cena will probably happen at the Royal Rumble. I know wrestlemania is more ideal for it, but if that does happen then the Rumble winner will get nothing at mania since traditionally they would get a world title match. It gives the rumble winner no purpose this year unless they change it. I don't think they would've teased the unification match this soon if it wasn't happening until mania.

JRA
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Man, fuck everything WWE since Summerslam.

BloodoftheKings
11-26-2013, 06:47 AM
The title unification match between Orton and Cena will probably happen at the Royal Rumble. I know wrestlemania is more ideal for it, but if that does happen then the Rumble winner will get nothing at mania since traditionally they would get a world title match. It gives the rumble winner no purpose this year unless they change it. I don't think they would've teased the unification match this soon if it wasn't happening until mania.

I wouldn't be surprised if the match they announced for TLC ends in a no-contest. Doing it at the Rumble would make sense.

Cena becoming undisputed champion sounds like a nightmare but I'll give them til Mania to make things right. If cenawinslol is really how Mania ends them I'm just gonna stop watching this shit for a while.

dcmetal108
11-26-2013, 07:26 AM
So even though she is big on the Total Divas show WWE is thinking about dropping Eva Marie during 2014.

Maideneer
11-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Thank god, she's awful. So is JoJo, so useless. btw, I just read that Steph McMang (Razor voice there) just signed a deal for herself for $325,000 per for 3 years as an in ring performer. Talk about conflict of interest paying off big time.

adamclark52
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm still calling it: Cena verses Rock III at Wrestlemania.

Match one he lost.
Match two he won.
Match three he claims his slot as the biggest star in the history of the industry.

John The Drummer
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm still calling it: Cena verses Rock III at Wrestlemania.

Match one he lost.
Match two he won.
Match three he claims his slot as the biggest star in the history of the industry.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE NO!!!

I wonder if Vinny Mac will make Cena end Taker's streak..... :eyes:
(I know, it won't happen... but he is Super Cena)

Sanitarium78
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
So even though she is big on the Total Divas show WWE is thinking about dropping Eva Marie during 2014.

I haven't read that anywhere. The chick gets heat from the live crowds because she's an unlikeable bitch and is totally unworthy of the spot she has. Plus, she can't wrestle for shit. Just look at Vickie Guerrero, if the crowd gives you heat, Vince will keep you around unless you royally fuck up.

Thank god, she's awful. So is JoJo, so useless. btw, I just read that Steph McMang (Razor voice there) just signed a deal for herself for $325,000 per for 3 years as an in ring performer. Talk about conflict of interest paying off big time.

Jojo is only 19 and just started. I know it's only women's wrestling but I would at least give her two years before I'd say she's useless. People seem to forget that Trish Stratus was god awful in the ring when she first started with the WWF and look how good she became. You never know what may become of someone in wrestling once they get a little experience under their belt.

Maideneer
11-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Jojo is only 19 and just started. I know it's only women's wrestling but I would at least give her two years before I'd say she's useless. People seem to forget that Trish Stratus was god awful in the ring when she first started with the WWF and look how good she became. You never know what may become of someone in wrestling once they get a little experience under their belt.

Considering I almost never see her in the ring, it's tough to get behind that person. Besides, isn't that what NXT is for? She's a roster spot in the big leagues when she should be playing Double A ball.

Sanitarium78
11-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Considering I almost never see her in the ring, it's tough to get behind that person. Besides, isn't that what NXT is for? She's a roster spot in the big leagues when she should be playing Double A ball.

Yeah, she should do some time down in NXT. There are some people who split time between the two rosters, like Summer Rae. In the WWE she's just Fandango's valet and right now in NXT she's part of a whole different storyline with some of the other ladies there. Summer Rae is actually pretty solid in the ring and she does the little things right when it comes to body language and facial expressions. She can be something really good for the Diva's division if she's allowed to show what she can do more on the big stage.

Cesaro pops in and out of NXT as well. At their recent taping's he had a match with William Regal. Luke Harper still shows up there to.

Maideneer
11-26-2013, 02:53 PM
By far and away the best part of the night last night was when everybody started chanting "Kosher Butcher" and "Circumcision" over and over. I'm still laughing about it. Hearing it on TV is one thing, but being there was hysterical.

JRA
11-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Even Vince has to know Cena/Taker will draw more money than Cena/Rock.

I haven't read that anywhere. The chick gets heat from the live crowds because she's an unlikeable bitch and is totally unworthy of the spot she has. Plus, she can't wrestle for shit. Just look at Vickie Guerrero, if the crowd gives you heat, Vince will keep you around unless you royally fuck up.

Yea but Trish Stratus didn't need to be good in the ring because she was so hot you would start beating off in public and no one would blame you.

Jojo is just a 4/10.

OK, she's more like a 7 but if there was ever a perfect time for that joke.....plus just about everyone is a 4/10 compared to her.

rjturtle9
11-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Cesaro pops in and out of NXT as well. At their recent taping's he had a match with William Regal. Luke Harper still shows up there to.

Cesaro had a match with Sami Zayn (El Generico) on NXT and it was better than anything on the main roster.

dcmetal108
11-26-2013, 09:23 PM

Jojo is shit all around but at least Eva Marie is good to look out.

And i really hope Steph doesn't wrestle. Even if she does I don't ever see her getting the belt, shit would hit the fan if she did.

adamclark52
11-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Triple H can win the WWE Championship, she can win the women's and it'll be 2000 all over again. LONG LIVE THE MCMAHON-HELMSLY ERA!

adamclark52
11-29-2013, 03:45 PM
I caught ten minutes of NXT today and I actually really enjoyed it. The wrestling anyway. It was a number one contenders match between two guys who I've heard of but can't remember their names.

The commentary was horrendous though. Renee Young is a hottie but she's never been good on the mic (be it as a commentator, interviewer or back when she hosted a wrestling show on Canadian TV). Her colleague wasn't too bad. But Bo Dallas joined them (since it was a number one contenders match for his title) and that guy suuuuuuuuuuuucked. When he wasn't stuttering or mumbling what was clear enough to understand was cringe-worthy. But, he could be incredible in the ring.

Overall if I ever see it's on again I will watch it. I could tell in ten minutes how some people say it's better than Raw or Smackdown.

dcmetal108
11-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I heard Goldberg was in talks with HHH for wrestlemania but the factor that may make them not sign him is because Goldberg has a INSANE price rate. I guess higher than taker, lesner, and rock. Price is Goldbergs only reason to do it too I guess other than him wanting his son to see him wrestle a match.

Also if Goldberg doesn't sign rumor is WM will be Ryback vs Big Show.

adamclark52
11-29-2013, 10:05 PM
There are so many rumors going around about who will show up at Wrestlemania. It's going to be interesting to see who actually does. I love Goldberg but I think don't think I want to see him in the ring. His ego is so large that he'll demand to be booked over whoever he faces. And if he is asking for such a huge sum then it just shows that he doesn't want to do it. So why bother?

I am getting his DVD for Christmas, I can't wait to go relive that first WCW run. That shit was awesome.

dcmetal108
11-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Yeah I asked for his dvd too and the thing I was reading was saying that HHH even mentioned like "oh imagine the huge pop you'll get when you go out" to Goldberg but all he cares about is money.

adamclark52
11-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Yeah I asked for his dvd too and the thing I was reading was saying that HHH even mentioned like "oh imagine the huge pop you'll get when you go out" to Goldberg but all he cares about is money.

I don't think his heart was ever in wrestling.

John The Drummer
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM

A match that will be as cared about as Lesnar vs Goldberg.....

John The Drummer
11-30-2013, 12:02 PM
WWE needs to wake up and realize that a good card = money...

...and by a good card I'm about around 15 years in the making.....

GOLDBERG VS GILLBERG!!!!!! SPEAR VS SPEAR!!!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!! :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2013, 12:02 PM

They just did that on Raw the other week.

JRA
11-30-2013, 04:12 PM
WWE needs to wake up and realize that a good card = money...

...and by a good card I'm about around 15 years in the making.....

GOLDBERG VS GILLBERG!!!!!! SPEAR VS SPEAR!!!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!! :rocker:

Gillberg? haha, very funny.

dick.

adamclark52
11-30-2013, 04:17 PM
At this point i'd be surprised if Ryback even has a match at Wrestlemania.

John The Drummer
11-30-2013, 04:41 PM
My prediction for TLC

Cena and Orton both climb the ladder at the same time and Cena gets the WWE title, Orton gets the World title..... and it ends down the middle, each winning the others title.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2013, 04:51 PM
My prediction for TLC

Cena and Orton both climb the ladder at the same time and Cena gets the WWE title, Orton gets the World title..... and it ends down the middle, each winning the others title.

That's what everyone is saying. I really hope they don't pull this shit.

adamclark52
11-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Cena must be a 15x champion by now.

rjturtle9
11-30-2013, 07:18 PM
My prediction for TLC

I wouldn't be shocked if that happened, but I think all fingers are pointing to Cena being booked like a God going into Mania then beating whoever they put him against.

XDoomsayerX
12-01-2013, 12:22 PM
WM predictions are either Hogan vs Cena or Rock vs Cena or Undertaker vs Cena for the WWE Title. Cena will win regardless who it is and become the greatest wrestler ever. Then I take a break from pro wrestling again.

Sanitarium78
12-01-2013, 04:35 PM
No way Hogan wrestles a match ever again. It would be worse than Bret's performance when he returned to fight Vince. Hogan has had too many back surgeries and can't even take a bump proper or even hit his leg drop with seriously hurting him self.

There's a reason TNA put a ramp that went from the entrance all the way up to the ring apron when Hogan was there. Now that he's gone the ramp is to. If he can't handle going up and down some stairs, he can't do a match. He'll probably end up being in somebody's corner. That and a nostalgia pop is all he's good for now.

adamclark52
12-01-2013, 04:57 PM
No way Hogan wrestles a match ever again. It would be worse than Bret's performance when he returned to fight Vince. Hogan has had too many back surgeries and can't even take a bump proper or even hit his leg drop with seriously hurting him self.

There's a reason TNA put a ramp that went from the entrance all the way up to the ring apron when Hogan was there. Now that he's gone the ramp is to. If he can't handle going up and down some stairs, he can't do a match. He'll probably end up being in somebody's corner. That and a nostalgia pop is all he's good for now.

That's all I want.

PVH5150
12-01-2013, 08:16 PM
WM predictions are either Hogan vs Cena or Rock vs Cena or Undertaker vs Cena for the WWE Title. Cena will win regardless who it is and become the greatest wrestler ever. Then I take a break from pro wrestling again.

If they end the streak, I'm driving to Stamford and murdering Vince.

dcmetal108
12-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Even Cena wouldn't agree to end the streak.

Maideneer
12-02-2013, 07:11 AM
No one is ending any streak. They need it to continue for sales and marketing purposes. Shirts, DVD releases, appearances, you name it. Knowing it's all about money should provide you some comfort in this case.

dcmetal108
12-02-2013, 08:32 AM
No one is ending any streak. They need it to continue for sales and marketing purposes. Shirts, DVD releases, appearances, you name it. Knowing it's all about money should provide you some comfort in this case.

Too bad Undertakers contract prohibits that.

Dextrimental
12-02-2013, 08:44 AM

This. The streak would only end if they were erasing Undertaker from their merchandising entirely, which they'll never do unless he pulls a Chris Benoit. 'Taker isn't going to lose at Wrestlemania ever, which is why they aren't going to put his match as a title match either.

Maideneer
12-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Too bad Undertakers contract prohibits that.

Well whatever, I didn't know that nor does it matter, I was just speaking generally. You get the idea. :)

Sanitarium78
12-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I was never under the impression it was the Undertaker's contract that limited his public appearances. I always thought it was the deadman gimmick that did. Him not making many public appearances for the WWE fits the gimmick. When he was the American badass it seemed like he did more appearances. As the deadman it just makes sense that he wouldn't be out promoting the WWE because it just doesn't fit the character at all.

Plus, from all the stuff I've heard and read about him, he has an old school mentality and wants to maintain some secrecy and intrigue to his character. He's done a great job of that over the years.

adamclark52
12-02-2013, 09:16 PM
So the WWE fans get to name the new unified title. I'd go with the "WWE Heavyweight Championship".

But the best answer is probably "John Cenas Belt".

Can't wait to see the atrocious new design. You know it's going to suck.

dcmetal108
12-03-2013, 05:46 AM
I was never under the impression it was the Undertaker's contract that limited his public appearances. I always thought it was the deadman gimmick that did. Him not making many public appearances for the WWE fits the gimmick. When he was the American badass it seemed like he did more appearances. As the deadman it just makes sense that he wouldn't be out promoting the WWE because it just doesn't fit the character at all.

Plus, from all the stuff I've heard and read about him, he has an old school mentality and wants to maintain some secrecy and intrigue to his character. He's done a great job of that over the years.

From what I understand his contract now prohibits public appearances as him to help maintain secrecy as if he will wrestle another match.

Chicago Comic Con tried to book him and I asked why WWE declined and they said that was the reason. Contract doesn't allow public appearances.

The Rock however was also tried to book and only denied because of film obligations so he can do public appearances.

adamclark52
12-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I've heard the WWE also has a strict dress code that their wrestlers have to adhere to at all times. The only wrestlers that are exempt? CM Punk and the Undertaker. CM Punk had it written into his last contract and I'm sure the Undertaker did too.

Maideneer
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing. Ambrose looks like Burton from Fear Factory.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Burton_C._Bell_2013.jpghttp://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Dean-Ambrose-With-Mic.jpg

dcmetal108
12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I've heard the WWE also has a strict dress code that their wrestlers have to adhere to at all times. The only wrestlers that are exempt? CM Punk and the Undertaker. CM Punk had it written into his last contract and I'm sure the Undertaker did too.

Really? Whats the dress code like?

I know I've seen Punk wear like H20 and other hardcore band shirts.

adamclark52
12-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Really? Whats the dress code like?

I know I've seen Punk wear like H20 and other hardcore band shirts.

I guess "business" is the best term. Suits, ties, very professional. Punk is one of the few who gets to "be himself".

I'm not sure if they do it anymore but I remember reading it a few years ago.

I have a feeling that working for the WWE isn't as fun as people may think it is.

Sanitarium78
12-06-2013, 06:10 AM
I remember reading about the wrestlers dress code around the time they went to the PG rating. I think it was mainly for public functions but I read Punk got in trouble for not following it. Supposedly, the WWE wanted everyone to look professional whenever they were out in public. Cena, Undertaker, HBK and few other top stars were exempt. Not sure why Cena was since he's the ultimate corporate champ. Taker would just look stupid walking around in a suit all the time, so that made sense.

I haven't read too much about it in the last couple years so I'm guessing they did away with it. I've seen recent pictures of current WWE performers out in public who are dressed casual. It was a stupid idea anyways. If you want the fans to connect with a wrestler, they can't be walking around in a suit and tie everywhere they go. It's easier for the fans to relate to the peformer if they just look like a regular person while they're out and about. If they still do it now, Punk's star is definitely big enough that he is exempt from it. As opposed to back in 08/09 when I first read about the dress code.

Maideneer
12-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Probably wanted to imitate MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA. Almost like being in the military with a uniform code when on leave in some port somewhere.

I once worked at a restaurant where they imitated the dress code for Cheesecake Factory. Everyone dresses in all white there, so I always felt like I was working with nurses and doctors, it was very strange and everyone hated it.

Sanitarium78
12-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I've been reading over the last few days that CM Punk is pretty banged up again. He tweeted something about having busted up ribs and there is also talk of some kind of back injury. Since he's booked in a handicap match against The Shield at TLC, maybe they should have them take Punk out so he can rest up and then return at the Rumble.

I still think Punk has problems with his knee which he supposedly re-injured in his match with Lesnar at Summerslam. Punk has said himself he only has a couple years left. It looks like he might go down the same path as Austin, Foley and Edge where injuries ended their in ring career too early. If he only lasts another few years he'll be the same age Austin and Edge were when they had to retire. Hopefully, he can work something out with the WWE and take an extended break and some point in the near future but with WrestleMania season approaching that probably won't happen.

BloodoftheKings
12-06-2013, 09:12 AM
He tweeted something about having busted up ribs and there is also talk of some kind of back injury.

He said on Raw that his ribs are messed up because he got speared by Roman Reigns so I'm pretty sure that's just part of the story.

I was hoping Punk would be in the main event for Mania but the rumor right now is that it's gonna be Punk v. HHH. That could be a pretty good match I guess.

On an unrelated note I was watching the new NXT yesterday and I was actually really impressed with the Divas match. It was Paige v. Natalya for the women's championship. I think it was the first episode of any wrestling show I've seen where the women's match was the best one. I don't get why the divas matches on the main roster can't be like this.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 10:00 AM
The top WWE stars are getting old fast and they better do something soon. John Cena has been going one hundred and ten percent for almost ten years now and eventually the poor guy is just going to break.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 10:04 AM
He said on Raw that his ribs are messed up because he got speared by Roman Reigns so I'm pretty sure that's just part of the story.

I was hoping Punk would be in the main event for Mania but the rumor right now is that it's gonna be Punk v. HHH. That could be a pretty good match I guess.

On an unrelated note I was watching the new NXT yesterday and I was actually really impressed with the Divas match. It was Paige v. Natalya for the women's championship. I think it was the first episode of any wrestling show I've seen where the women's match was the best one. I don't get why the divas matches on the main roster can't be like this.

I watched NXT for the first time last week and saw an number one contenders match between Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn. It was so good. I forgot that watching wrestling could be fun! It's too bad that there's so much great talent down there that ends up getting called up and repackaged as a Swiss yoddler or a Diva with a gas problem. But that's been happening for years.

BloodoftheKings
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I watched NXT for the first time last week and saw an number one contenders match between Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn. It was so good. I forgot that watching wrestling could be fun! It's too bad that there's so much great talent down there that ends up getting called up and repackaged as a Swiss yoddler or a Diva with a gas problem. But that's been happening for years.

Zayn v. Neville was great. The championship match between Dallas and Neville was lame though.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Zayn v. Neville was great. The championship match between Dallas and Neville was lame though.

Bo Dallas' commentary during the Zayn-Neville was brutal. It was either incoherent mumbling or terrible catch phrases. I think the mumbling was better. Rene Young's wasn't much better.

rjturtle9
12-06-2013, 07:11 PM

They were both big stars in the indies. Those two, along with Solomon Crowe and Kalisko can make some serious noise on the main roster.

dcmetal108
12-06-2013, 08:19 PM
So word going around WWE right now is that Punk and Del Rio are saying they plan on retiring within the next 2-3 years.

Punk because of how beat up he is lately and Del Rio because of age.

Punk has opening said though he only has a few years left if that and doesn't plan on sticking around forever.

XDoomsayerX
12-06-2013, 09:05 PM
So word going around WWE right now is that Punk and Del Rio are saying they plan on retiring within the next 2-3 years.

Punk has opening said though he only has a few years left if that and doesn't plan on sticking around forever.

Well Punk should be put in a program with Dean Ambrose already and put prestige into that damn US title!

adamclark52
12-07-2013, 07:26 AM

They're smart, they don't want to end up like all those crippled old guys.

And as long as Cena is around we're fine...:eyes:

dcmetal108
12-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah Punk said he doesn't plan on staying past him time and once he feels he is done than thats it.

Maideneer
12-07-2013, 06:28 PM
They don't really plan on having Bryan join the Wyatt's do they? If so, it's so beyond stupid I don't know how to word it.

adamclark52
12-07-2013, 06:56 PM
They don't really plan on having Bryan join the Wyatt's do they? If so, it's so beyond stupid I don't know how to word it.

Think of the marketing possibilities; the sheep mask and the goat beard together! You make a goat mask and you'll sell twice as many masks to stupid kids! Or mass produce cheap beards in red, brown and black and sell those to the little bastards!

No, I think Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatts is a great idea. I can't think of anything wrong with it at all.

:eyes:

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Holy shit! AJ Styles is walking away from TNA :eek:

They cant agree to anything and money is still a issue so he's walking. WWE bound :-?

Sanitarium78
12-09-2013, 12:39 PM

They cant agree to anything and money is still a issue so he's walking. WWE bound :-?

I read that TNA wanted him to take a pay cut but he wouldn't. I don't blame him, he's been the backbone of the company since it started. He's done all he can in the company really and he can make some really good money in the independents, Japan and Mexico. I wouldn't mind seeing him in ROH either.

I'm not so sure about him being WWE bound. First of all he would have to change his name since the WWE already has an AJ. Second, Styles is 36 years old, by the time he goes down to NXT and waits for them to come up with something to bring him to the main roster he might be waiting another year or so. I know age doesn't matter as long as you can still go in the ring, but I'm not sure Styles wants to be pushing 40 and starting at the bottom again which is what would happen in the WWE. He wouldn't get higher than IC/US title level anyways. I know the WWE midcard needs some serious help but after 11 years with TNA I get the feeling he might be looking to go out and do his own thing in wrestling for a while.

Christen
12-09-2013, 02:30 PM

He could either be mid card at best in WWE or a top draw in the indies.

rjturtle9
12-09-2013, 06:02 PM
AJ Styles going back to the indies would be awesome. I would love to see him at a PWG show in the future. Maybe another Hero vs Styles match.

John The Drummer
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Wish I went to RAW tonight :(. I think the last event I went to was WrestleMania XIX. Whah! *cry*

Maideneer
12-09-2013, 07:34 PM
GREAT closing segment. That crowd basically buried TLC's buyrate for Sunday. No one cares about it despite the hype, they just want DB to win it.

dcmetal108
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
WWE offered Styles a contract a few months ago and he denied it because WWE was offering like a tenth of what he was making.

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I Lol'd hard at everyone booing the Bella Twins knowing that AJ should have won that. They are really trying to push them but no one is going to stop liking AJ cause she's just so goddamn amazing <3

dcmetal108
12-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I Lol'd hard at everyone booing the Bella Twins knowing that AJ should have won that. They are really trying to push them but no one is going to stop liking AJ cause she's just so goddamn amazing <3

And shes so god damn sexy

adamclark52
12-10-2013, 07:11 AM
As long as a Bella is attached to Cena you'll never get rid of them.

John The Drummer
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Actually watched about 2/3, maybe a little more, of RAW last night (mainly because it was here in Seattle...) and man... I REALLY wish I could have been there. The matches were actually entertaining, the crowd seemed really energetic (especially with D-Bry) and yeah, just an all around great show!

Now if to see if the New Age Outlaws do have one more match :)

Maideneer
12-12-2013, 05:04 AM
Think of the marketing possibilities; the sheep mask and the goat beard together! You make a goat mask and you'll sell twice as many masks to stupid kids! Or mass produce cheap beards in red, brown and black and sell those to the little bastards!

No, I think Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatts is a great idea. I can't think of anything wrong with it at all.

:eyes:

The more I think about it, the more I believe DB will join the Wyatt's, probably as soon as this Sunday in Houston at TLC on Pay Per View for $49.99.

Otherwise, why would they even introduce the story line?

Sanitarium78
12-12-2013, 06:30 AM
The more I think about it, the more I believe DB will join the Wyatt's, probably as soon as this Sunday in Houston at TLC on Pay Per View for $49.99.

Otherwise, why would they even introduce the story line?

It's $54.99 if you want it in HD:tp:

Bryan won't join the Wyatts. He's the most over face on the roster right now and the turn makes zero sense. Heel turns are always better and believable when there's a good motive behind it. Bryan gains nothing from joining the Wyatts. The only reason they brought it up is to add some intrigue to the storyline. Without that, it's just three guys beating the crap out of somebody. They needed to add something else to make it worth watching and Bryan possibly joining them is it.

They could force the heel turn but the fans will never by it. Bryan would be a face again by wrestlemania. Besides, why would the WWE want to turn him since it would just end up putting a huge dent in his merch sales? Bryan is money right now.

Maideneer
12-12-2013, 06:46 AM
It's $54.99 if you want it in HD:tp:

Bryan won't join the Wyatts. He's the most over face on the roster right now and the turn makes zero sense. Heel turns are always better and believable when there's a good motive behind it. Bryan gains nothing from joining the Wyatts. The only reason they brought it up is to add some intrigue to the storyline. Without that, it's just three guys beating the crap out of somebody. They needed to add something else to make it worth watching and Bryan possibly joining them is it.

They could force the heel turn but the fans will never by it. Bryan would be a face again by wrestlemania. Besides, why would the WWE want to turn him since it would just end up putting a huge dent in his merch sales? Bryan is money right now.

I think you're giving too much credit to the writing team. Remember this is the WWE we're talking about. Ever look at a job description for Raw or SmackDown writer when they post it on their careers webpage? It's not even a requirement that the candidate knows or even likes WWE, guys and gals who write for Seinfeld and Friends are the brains behind all this. They wouldn't know a German suplex from an armbar.

If they are trying to create intrigue with these minor occurrences of Husky Harris appearing on the screen once an episode, it's really not doing the trick and no one really cares or is really buying it anyway. It would be more plausible if they were seeking someone like Heath Slater who is total backwoods even though no one cares about him anyway. I just think it's a complete stretch to want people to believe DB is a potential candidate for the Wyatt's.

I don't think it's adding anything to the story, it's just sorta weird.

adamclark52
12-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I think you're giving too much credit to the writing team. Remember this is the WWE we're talking about. Ever look at a job description for Raw or SmackDown writer when they post it on their careers webpage? It's not even a requirement that the candidate knows or even likes WWE, guys and gals who write for Seinfeld and Friends are the brains behind all this. They wouldn't know a German suplex from an armbar.

If they are trying to create intrigue with these minor occurrences of Husky Harris appearing on the screen once an episode, it's really not doing the trick and no one really cares or is really buying it anyway. It would be more plausible if they were seeking someone like Heath Slater who is total backwoods even though no one cares about him anyway. I just think it's a complete stretch to want people to believe DB is a potential candidate for the Wyatt's.

I don't think it's adding anything to the story, it's just sorta weird.

You hit the nail right on the head. If the WWE had any sense he wouldn't even be in this angle, he'd be the champion.

Sanitarium78
12-12-2013, 07:37 AM
It's not even a requirement that the candidate knows or even likes WWE, guys and gals who write for Seinfeld and Friends are the brains behind all this.

I'm guessing it's the people who wrote for Friends because the WWE is about as dull as that show was. At least if the Seinfeld writers were coming up with stuff the WWE would be worth watching. It is pretty sad though that the WWE usually hires out of work TV writers to come up with a lot of their stuff. That's why NXT is booked better than RAW and Smackdown. Dusty Rhodes and Triple H are in charge there.

I guess the story with the Wyatts wanting Bryan to join is a bit weird. But since when have the Wyatts not been weird? If they want to expand the Wyatt family there's a few guys in NXT they could probably call up to fill the roles.

BloodoftheKings
12-12-2013, 03:23 PM
http://youtu.be/5fpuAvKa2ek

John The Drummer
12-12-2013, 03:42 PM

Maideneer
12-12-2013, 07:24 PM
How fascinating...skipping that one!

rjturtle9
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://youtu.be/kyXIY2tkodU

adamclark52
12-12-2013, 10:50 PM

As god awful as that is, why can't they hire someone decent to do Scooby's voice anymore?

adamclark52
12-12-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://youtu.be/kyXIY2tkodU

That was pretty good. Just a bit too choreographed for my liking. The guy with the short hair had some sick moves. That one at 2:30 was good. Both guys were really good.

Sanitarium78
12-15-2013, 10:04 AM
AJ Lee is in trouble:

"AJ Lee reportedly has heat on her with WWE officials after she allegedly caused a scene at the Tribute to the Troops show in Washington. According to the report, AJ saw NBC personality Michelle Beadle, who was hosting, speaking with CM Punk backstage and lost it. Lee apparently delivered an obscenity-laced tirade at her. As the report goes, several people in the company were embarrassed and upset that Lee was coming off like her character in real life, and not in a good way. It is believed that she will be disciplined"

Looks like she might be dropping the Diva's title to Natalya tonight then. At least she'll lose it to the only other diva in the company worth carrying the belt. For those wondering, Punk and AJ are going out with each other and it looks like she got jealous that Punk was talking to another woman. Apparently, a number of high ranking people in the WWE saw AJ's breakdown.

I've seen this reported on a three or four sites, so it may very well be legit.

Maideneer
12-15-2013, 10:50 AM
It always stuns me when professional folks who know the score flip out at something minor causing a major scene. People is people I guess but jeez, control yourself April.

dcmetal108
12-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Punk went from dating Lita to AJ, NICE!

Sanitarium78
12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Punk went from dating Lita to AJ, NICE!

As cute as AJ is, that's a huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned. The ladies a of wrestling should know better than to get involved with Punk since he's well known for being a player.

dcmetal108
12-15-2013, 06:32 PM
As cute as AJ is, that's a huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned. The ladies a of wrestling should know better than to get involved with Punk since he's well known for being a player.

Pretty much every big name in wrestling has slept with the majority of divas.

John The Drummer
12-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Orton beat Cena last night... surprise of the year?

Maideneer
12-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Didn't see it, don't much care. But my guess is they are setting up another Cena win at Rumble, so he could be the #1 contender at WM30, and triumphantly win there to take his oh so rightful place as Lord and Ruler Almighty of wrestling and time immemorial.

Of course I could be wrong.

Sanitarium78
12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hopefully, Vince will realize the mistake he made by not giving Bryan the belt and let him win the Rumble and beat Orton at wrestlemania. That rivalry needs to have the proper ending to it. How boring is this year's road to wrestlemania gonna be with Orton as champ? The guy just sucks the life out of anything he's a part of.

adamclark52
12-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Didn't see it, don't much care. But my guess is they are setting up another Cena win at Rumble, so he could be the #1 contender at WM30, and triumphantly win there to take his oh so rightful place as Lord and Ruler Almighty of wrestling and time immemorial.

Of course I could be wrong.

You are totally wrong. Because his only title is:

DA CHAMP!

dcmetal108
12-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Am I feeling that Punk vs Shawn Micheals will be a WM match.

rjturtle9
12-16-2013, 10:50 PM
That was pretty good. Just a bit too choreographed for my liking. The guy with the short hair had some sick moves. That one at 2:30 was good. Both guys were really good.

The dude in the white is on NXT and should be on the main roster soon. He's been working house shows for a while now and just became number one contender for the NXT title in what many feel was the best WWE match of the year. I just hope they use him right.

Check out that match here.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x17vej0_adrian-neville-vs-sami-zayne_sport

adamclark52
12-16-2013, 11:36 PM
The dude in the white is on NXT and should be on the main roster soon. He's been working house shows for a while now and just became number one contender for the NXT title in what many feel was the best WWE match of the year. I just hope they use him right.

I did see that match, it was awesome. Who's the other guy from the first match you posted?

rjturtle9
12-16-2013, 11:51 PM
I did see that match, it was awesome. Who's the other guy from the first match you posted?

Ricochet. He's my current favorite wrestler in the world. Guy can work!

XDoomsayerX
12-17-2013, 10:35 AM

Thought MOTY was Cesaro vs Sami Zayn

adamclark52
12-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll admit I don't watch much of the current WWE product. The last time I saw Nipple H was probably 2006. I watched the first segment of Raw today, and as soon as Stephanie McSlut said one word I threw up in my mouth.

rjturtle9
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Thought MOTY was Cesaro vs Sami Zayn

That one was good too, but now the Internet folk are saying this one was better. I agree.

John The Drummer
12-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Am I feeling that Punk vs Shawn Micheals will be a WM match.

I can see it happening... or Trips vs Punk with HBK in Trips' corner, and then backstabs Trips allowing Punk to win (for the millionth time).

I wonder if D-Bry vs Cena will happen as well..

XDoomsayerX
12-18-2013, 09:21 AM
That one was good too, but now the Internet folk are saying this one was better. I agree.

Holy shit that match was awesome. That handspring hurricunrana and corkscrew shooting star from Adrian Neville! :drool: Never heard of him and thought dude was gonna be a powerhouse wrestler but nig impressed the hell out of me.

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Right now the ball is in HBK's court to come out of retirement and have one last match at WM30 against Bryan. It's awesome cause that match will probably be one of the greatest matches we will ever see in WWE and WM. Bad because that will probably take Bryan out of the title picture for sure :(

XDoomsayerX
12-18-2013, 10:44 AM
What we all want:
Royal Rumble- Bryan vs Cena vs Orton and Bryan wins the title and Punk wins the Rumble
WM-Punk vs Bryan in a 60 min Ironman Match for the belt

Sanitarium78
12-18-2013, 11:58 AM
What we all want:
Royal Rumble- Bryan vs Cena vs Orton and Bryan wins the title and Punk wins the Rumble

I'd rather see Cesaro against Bryan in a 60 minute ironman match. Punk is great, but Cesaro has a way bigger move set he can show off in a match like that.

I'm hoping Bryan wins the rumble and takes the belt from Orton at mania so he can get his ultimate revenge on him, Trips and Stephanie.

Maideneer
12-18-2013, 12:14 PM
I wanna see Brodus Clay as a "main event playa". Pff.

John The Drummer
12-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Streak vs Streak

Fandango vs Undertaker

Lets do this.

Maideneer
12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Streak vs Streak

Fandango vs Undertaker

Lets do this.

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/krvtzh.jpg

BloodoftheKings
12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
What we all want:

That's definitely not happening. I think Bryan should win the Rumble, and the Wrestlemania card should look something like this.

Orton (c) v. Cena v. Bryan
CM Punk v. Triple H (with HBK as guest ref or at ringside)
Lesnar v. Undertaker
Cody Rhodes v. Goldust
Shield v. Wyatts

Sanitarium78
12-18-2013, 02:06 PM
If Cody/Goldust happens it will probably Dustin's retirement match and he'll put Cody over on his way out. I'm just wondering if they will have one turn on the other? Goldust turning won't make sense since he's a million times more over as a face then Cody is right now. There' no way the crowd takes Cody's side over Goldie.

Taker and Lesnar should happen at mania. I've read that both Taker and WWE management have been wanting to do the match since Lesnar returned. I know they've been teasing some tension in The Shield but a feud between them and The Wyatts has to happen first.

JRA
12-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Does the IWC really love 60 minute matches that much? 2/3 falls matches are the ones that best serve a crowd without boring them.

Also, Taker/Cena or don't bring Taker out at all.

rjturtle9
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I'd rather see Cesaro against Bryan in a 60 minute ironman match. Punk is great, but Cesaro has a way bigger move set he can show off in a match like that.

Yeah, but the odds of Cesaro being main event material by then aren't all too great, so we will take what we can get. Besides, Punk vs Bryan at Mania has the potential of being the greatest wrestling match in Wrestlemania history. Them two would put on great matches against each other all the time.

dcmetal108
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Taker vs Lesner wouldn't be fun and Lesner might kill Taker. Taker wins though.

adamclark52
12-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I just don't want to see Triple H win the Rumble. A match is fine, but no title match.

Maideneer
12-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Zack Ryder is gonna win the Rumble...YOU KNOW IT.

adamclark52
12-18-2013, 09:40 PM
No man, I'm serious. I heard a great quote today:

"the WWE doesn't need Triple H in the main event of Wrestlemania but Triple H needs Triple H in the main event of Wrestlemania".

Maideneer
12-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Unless they role reverse the Summerslam thing where Triple Dick wins the title, then somehow DB comes out with the aid of some anti-authority peeps and wins it back. Yea yea Money In The Bank, details details. Get creative writing team.

XDoomsayerX
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
This what should happen...

AJ Styles is surprise entrant for the rumble and wins it!

Then at WM Aj Styles vs D-Bry vs Punk for the belt somehow.

One can dream hahaha

dcmetal108
12-19-2013, 04:14 AM
This what should happen...

AJ Styles is surprise entrant for the rumble and wins it!

Then at WM Aj Styles vs D-Bry vs Punk for the belt somehow.

One can dream hahaha

AJ Styles wouldn't have a huge pop though. Look how quickly RVD died down.

People like New Age Outlaws, The Godfather with the hoe train, and others have would have bigger pops at RR then Styles would.

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Front page of yahoo had pictures of Styles and headline said "WWE should pounce on rare opportunity"

Just thought that was cool to see on the front page of yahoo.

Sanitarium78
12-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah, but the odds of Cesaro being main event material by then aren't all too great, so we will take what we can get. Besides, Punk vs Bryan at Mania has the potential of being the greatest wrestling match in Wrestlemania history. Them two would put on great matches against each other all the time.

I'm not asking for Cesaro/Bryan in an iron man match at mania, nor am I expecting it to happen that soon. But if the WWE does decide at some point in the near future to do that kind of match, those are the best two guys they have to do it with.

I'm not sure if Punk/Bryan would be the greatest match in wrestlemania history considering they would somehow have to top wrestlemania 20's main event. I'm sure Punk would turn it on again and put on a great match but it's obvious to anyone watching that he's slowed down a bit since summerslam. He's still good in the ring but he's not the same CM Punk in there right now. Bryan, on the other hand has gone to a whole new level.

Front page of yahoo had pictures of Styles and headline said "WWE should pounce on rare opportunity"

That's cool it's on yahoo but as I said before, the WWE will not sign Styles.

The reasons why they won't:

The WWE fans do not know who he is. There wouldn't be this huge pop or debut of any kind if the decided to bring him to the main roster right away.

He'll be 37 next year and while he's still a very good worker, he's getting a little passed his prime now.

If he goes down to NXT, he might be pushing 40 before he gets called up to the main roster.

There's already another AJ in the WWE, so he would have to change his name.

The big tattoo on the right side of his body that says "AJ" with his kids birthdates under that would have to be covered up. So his ring gear will change to a singlet or something like what MVP wore.

Neither of them need each other. The WWE has already got performers both on the main roster and in NXT who can fill the same roll Styles would.

Finally, Styles can make some solid money doing indy shows across North America and can easily get work in both Japan and Mexico. He can make a good living still and be his own boss for the rest of his career.

adamclark52
12-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Yahoo had an article on their front page about how the WWE had missed a huge opportunity having the unification match at TLC but the link was screwed and it wouldn't open. I really wanted to read that article. It was the first time I'd ever seen the WWE mentioned on yahoo (save for Benoit) and I thought it was funny that it was hugely negative.

And AJ Styles will never be in the WWE
because they'll change his name to Chad Radcliff (or something equally as stupid).
and make him come to the ring wearing an eye patch.
It's not supposed to make sense, it's WWE creative.

Sanitarium78
12-19-2013, 10:49 AM
because they'll change his name to Chad Radcliff (or something equally as stupid).

That name sounds familiar. I think they already have a guy working for them called that:lol:

Seriously, over the last decade, the WWE has not put much thought into wrestler's names.

Maideneer
12-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I just drove by the WWE building in Stamford and I tried to take a peek into the windows to see if any McMahons or Levesques were doing any business but alas no. Nice building though.

rjturtle9
12-20-2013, 01:59 AM
This weekend I get to go to my first two PWG shows and I am extremely excited!

hinder5050
12-20-2013, 04:25 PM
hey dont if you guys heard sometime next smackdown will be live instead of recorded in my opion this should have happened a while ago

adamclark52
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM
hey dont if you guys heard sometime next smackdown will be live instead of recorded in my opion this should have happened a while ago

I heard the end of a segment on the radio talking about that. It made it sound like they were going to a new network, or maybe it had something to do with the WWE network, and some of the things that would maybe get changed if they went to a new network. I wish I'd heard the beginning of the segment.

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Looks like Batista is back in the WWE and as a full time.

adamclark52
12-21-2013, 06:15 PM
I have no problem with Batista.

dcmetal108
12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Batista comes back in Jan.

Sanitarium78
12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Batista comes back in Jan.

RAW on January 20th to be exact. Unfortunately, he won't be coming back as the awesome heel he was before he left. Too bad they didn't save him for a surprise entrant in the Rumble, the pop would've blown the roof off the place. He'll still get a great reaction but can you imagine how awesome that would've been for his music to hit as a surprise in the rumble?

adamclark52
12-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, why tell us in advance? And it's the week before the Rumble none-the-less.

Why not just tell us now; Cena will win the title at Wrestlemania, you will be disappointed.

John The Drummer
12-23-2013, 07:41 PM
That opening Diva's match on Raw was horrendous (not that I was expecting any better...) ... wow... just wow.

adamclark52
12-23-2013, 07:58 PM
That was the first Raw I've been able to attempt to watch in a long time, and it was during breaks in football. The matches were fun but the segments were godawful. And to think a few years ago I found Santino entertaining.

dcmetal108
12-23-2013, 08:24 PM
RAW on January 20th to be exact. Unfortunately, he won't be coming back as the awesome heel he was before he left. Too bad they didn't save him for a surprise entrant in the Rumble, the pop would've blown the roof off the place. He'll still get a great reaction but can you imagine how awesome that would've been for his music to hit as a surprise in the rumble?

Yeah.

Details that weren't released is that Batista signed back full time to work going after WM.

Undertaker just signed his contract for a match at WM.

Sinister_Chalupa666
12-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Why not just tell us now; Cena will win the title at Wrestlemania, you will be disappointed.

Should the legendary Hulk Hogan be unable to compete alongside John Cena at WrestleMania XXX on April 6, 2014 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, Cena will face Bray Wyatt instead. That match will be the main event.

Vince McMahon recently stated to the writers and producers that "Cena is the main event until his time is clearly up. That man feeds us!"

XDoomsayerX
12-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Batista coming back is aight but word on the net is he may win the RR. That would be lame.

WM realistic predictions:

Cena vs Bryan vs Orton WWE Title

Punk vs HHH No DQ match

Undertaker vs Lesnar ( 2 out of 3 falls match would be dope especially if this is Taker's last match. Heyman could easily sell that as Lesnar's mouthpiece)

The Shield vs The Wyatts Six man elimination match

Big E vs Batista IC Title (Batista is eliminated by Big E in RR and boom we got a nice feud to make Big E a monster star)

Ladder match for tag titles-Rhodes Bros vs Real Americans vs The Usos vs RyAxel
-If Rhodes bros do feud then replace them with the Matadores and throw in Goldust vs Cody Rhodes as a singles match

AJ Lee vs ??? Divas Title

pre show-20 man battle royale for a chance at the US title on monday night raw the next day. This match can include Kofi, Fandango, Ziggler, Sandow,etc all the dudes who are just doing nothing right now.

Sounds realistic and pretty damn good to me. Y2J may return so he may be in a huge match and Hogan and Goldberg may also make non wrestling appearances. Hoagn could be in Cena's corner or something.

dcmetal108
12-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Sounds realistic and pretty damn good to me. Y2J may return so he may be in a huge match and Hogan and Goldberg may also make non wrestling appearances. Hoagn could be in Cena's corner or something.

Doesn't sound bad but Y2J and Goldberg won't be there.

Last I heard WWE doesn't want to pay the HUGE fee (bigger than Taker and Lesner's) for Goldberg to come back and Jericho has stated on his podcast that he has no intention of wrestling again anytime soon.

dcmetal108
12-27-2013, 04:43 AM
So I went to a WWE House show last night in Rosemont, IL and HOLY SHIT WAS IT GOOD! Almost like a mini Raw.

I'll list the matches in order and give notes.

Ziggler (w) vs Ryback
Big pop for Ziggler for 5 minutes and boos for Ryback everywhere. The crowd went nuts for Ziggy, the first 5 minutes of the match was Ziggler making the crowd cheer him then boo Ryback.

AJ vs Natyala (w)
Was announced as a title match before AJ said she would not be defending her title as a christmas gift to herself. Natyala made her tapout out a sharpshooter. AJ was hot as always and Natyala is really cute too.

Wade Barret (w) vs Tyson Kidd
Bad News Barret had a video before hand saying that it was good that Chicago is called the Windy City and bad news that again Derrick Rose has hurt himself. Crowd cheered for Barrett and Kidd. Kidd had some good flips and jumps over the rope and on the apron but Barrett is just bigger and stronger. Caught Kidd in the air for his finisher.

Daniel Byrant and The Usos (w) vs The Wyatts (6 Man Tornado Tag Cage Match)
Holy shit the chants for Byrant were insane. Everyone in the packed arena standing and doing the hand signs while chanting yes. It was insane to see and be a part of. The Wyatts entrance and music was kinda creepy actually. Usos got a big pop to. All three Wyatts fought and the match was your standard one almost. Good spots but somewhat predictable. Still really cool to see.

Intermission

Kofi Kingston and The Miz vs Prime Time Players (w)
Started off as a special holiday edition of Miz TV with Miz talking to Kofi about their tag match a few weeks ago where Miz walked off on Kofi mid match and cost him the loss. Then Vicki Guerro came out and the arena booed so loudly during her entire speech that no one could actually hear a word she said. Kofi and the Miz both broke character because they couldn't stop laughing in the ring during this. When she finally got done talking Miz told her she'd have to say it again because the crowd booed so loud that no one can her. During the match Miz started to walk off before he saw Kofi about to win so he ran in the ring tagged himself in and went to go for his finisher before Kofi kicked him giving PTP the chance for the finished and win.

Title Match
Sandow vs R Truth vs Big E Langston (w)
R Truth rapped his entire entrance and it took forever, his whats up chants are always funny. Sandow was boring and kept trying to hide behind the entrance or under the ring during the match. Big E is a big ass monster.

Mark Henry (w) vs Fandango
This was the fan chosen match and the voting was between it being a dance off or a match. As pre determined the dance won. Fandango had the crowd singing his entrance and dancing and Henry got a big push. Henry kinda looks like a fat Ahmed Johnson in his day. Fandango went first for the dance off then Henry pulled out a glove and Michael Jacksons Bad started playing and the crowd went nuts. Fandango jumped Henry and Henry beat the crap outta him for a few minutes before Fandango ran and Henry finished his dance. Summer Rae though is hot as fuck.

Last match though was a good one and a repeat. Shield did a video saying how in Chicago they wouldn't let Punk take them again.

Punk vs Shield (3 vs 1 match)
As usual the place went fucking nuts for Punk and Punk was having a blast. He did a roll down the ramp and just loved it. The crowd went on forever it seemed. Match was great and they really paced it to where it was actually reasonable that Punk could defeat them. Really fucking good match. Punk always win though! BEST IN THE WORLD!

Punk afterwards grabbed a mic and did a mini pipe bomb! It included him saying how the holiday house show after christmas is really his favorite since he lives 15 minutes away and he just gets to come see his hometown crowd in a smaller setting. He said he didn't do it last year because he was two weeks past knee surgery. Then he said how WWE originally had just asked him to come out and cut a promo but Punk told them hell no that for Chicago he wouldn't just cut a promo at a televised house show. He said that people don't pay money to see someone come out and talk and that he wanted to make sure Chicago got to see him wrestle. Cutting a promo and just talking isn't what anyone wants to see and wrestling is what we paid for. Some guy then yelled you suck at Punk and Punk called him out saying that its nice to see that he had to steal his moms money or whatever persons hes living with to come here since they always need the seedy scum to be around. He then said that instead of watched the good match that just happened that guy would rather be at next years Wrestlemania to see the groundbreaking new wrestling match thatll change history featuring Cena vs Orton for the 100th time. Then he said he respected the guy for voicing his opinion and he doesnt care if someone doesnt like him because in his own eyes he sometimes think he sucks. He ended it by saying that he doesnt care if anyone likes him because hes CM Punk. Final words by him were "I don't care if you like me because I don't want everyone to love me no matter what, I'm not Hulk Hogan or John Cena, I don't need that"

adamclark52
12-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Should the legendary Hulk Hogan be unable to compete alongside John Cena at WrestleMania XXX on April 6, 2014 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, Cena will face Bray Wyatt instead. That match will be the main event.

Vince McMahon recently stated to the writers and producers that "Cena is the main event until his time is clearly up. That man feeds us!"

That's the most left feild match I've ever heard for Wrestlemania. I think it's a troll.

Maideneer
12-27-2013, 06:40 AM
So I went to a WWE House show last night in Rosemont, IL and HOLY SHIT WAS IT GOOD! Almost like a mini Raw.

I'll list the matches in order and give notes.

Ziggler (w) vs Ryback
Big pop for Ziggler for 5 minutes and boos for Ryback everywhere. The crowd went nuts for Ziggy, the first 5 minutes of the match was Ziggler making the crowd cheer him then boo Ryback.

AJ vs Natyala (w)
Was announced as a title match before AJ said she would not be defending her title as a christmas gift to herself. Natyala made her tapout out a sharpshooter. AJ was hot as always and Natyala is really cute too.

Wade Barret (w) vs Tyson Kidd
Bad News Barret had a video before hand saying that it was good that Chicago is called the Windy City and bad news that again Derrick Rose has hurt himself. Crowd cheered for Barrett and Kidd. Kidd had some good flips and jumps over the rope and on the apron but Barrett is just bigger and stronger. Caught Kidd in the air for his finisher.

Daniel Byrant and The Usos (w) vs The Wyatts (6 Man Tornado Tag Cage Match)
Holy shit the chants for Byrant were insane. Everyone in the packed arena standing and doing the hand signs while chanting yes. It was insane to see and be a part of. The Wyatts entrance and music was kinda creepy actually. Usos got a big pop to. All three Wyatts fought and the match was your standard one almost. Good spots but somewhat predictable. Still really cool to see.

Intermission

Kofi Kingston and The Miz vs Prime Time Players (w)
Started off as a special holiday edition of Miz TV with Miz talking to Kofi about their tag match a few weeks ago where Miz walked off on Kofi mid match and cost him the loss. Then Vicki Guerro came out and the arena booed so loudly during her entire speech that no one could actually hear a word she said. Kofi and the Miz both broke character because they couldn't stop laughing in the ring during this. When she finally got done talking Miz told her she'd have to say it again because the crowd booed so loud that no one can her. During the match Miz started to walk off before he saw Kofi about to win so he ran in the ring tagged himself in and went to go for his finisher before Kofi kicked him giving PTP the chance for the finished and win.

Title Match
Sandow vs R Truth vs Big E Langston (w)
R Truth rapped his entire entrance and it took forever, his whats up chants are always funny. Sandow was boring and kept trying to hide behind the entrance or under the ring during the match. Big E is a big ass monster.

Mark Henry (w) vs Fandango
This was the fan chosen match and the voting was between it being a dance off or a match. As pre determined the dance won. Fandango had the crowd singing his entrance and dancing and Henry got a big push. Henry kinda looks like a fat Ahmed Johnson in his day. Fandango went first for the dance off then Henry pulled out a glove and Michael Jacksons Bad started playing and the crowd went nuts. Fandango jumped Henry and Henry beat the crap outta him for a few minutes before Fandango ran and Henry finished his dance. Summer Rae though is hot as fuck.

Last match though was a good one and a repeat. Shield did a video saying how in Chicago they wouldn't let Punk take them again.

Punk vs Shield (3 vs 1 match)
As usual the place went fucking nuts for Punk and Punk was having a blast. He did a roll down the ramp and just loved it. The crowd went on forever it seemed. Match was great and they really paced it to where it was actually reasonable that Punk could defeat them. Really fucking good match. Punk always win though! BEST IN THE WORLD!

Punk afterwards grabbed a mic and did a mini pipe bomb! It included him saying how the holiday house show after christmas is really his favorite since he lives 15 minutes away and he just gets to come see his hometown crowd in a smaller setting. He said he didn't do it last year because he was two weeks past knee surgery. Then he said how WWE originally had just asked him to come out and cut a promo but Punk told them hell no that for Chicago he wouldn't just cut a promo at a televised house show. He said that people don't pay money to see someone come out and talk and that he wanted to make sure Chicago got to see him wrestle. Cutting a promo and just talking isn't what anyone wants to see and wrestling is what we paid for. Some guy then yelled you suck at Punk and Punk called him out saying that its nice to see that he had to steal his moms money or whatever persons hes living with to come here since they always need the seedy scum to be around. He then said that instead of watched the good match that just happened that guy would rather be at next years Wrestlemania to see the groundbreaking new wrestling match thatll change history featuring Cena vs Orton for the 100th time. Then he said he respected the guy for voicing his opinion and he doesnt care if someone doesnt like him because in his own eyes he sometimes think he sucks. He ended it by saying that he doesnt care if anyone likes him because hes CM Punk. Final words by him were "I don't care if you like me because I don't want everyone to love me no matter what, I'm not Hulk Hogan or John Cena, I don't need that"

So many similarities between this and the MSG show last night (the following are not in order except for the first and last).

Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio
This was definitely the opening match of the night, Del Rio is BURIED wow, even though he got good crowd reaction. Predictably, Mysterio wins with a 619.

Brodus Clay vs Zack Ryder
WOO WOO WOO! My hometown boy was getting slaughtered by fat boy Clay for 99% of the 5 minute match, until Clay missed a turnbuckle splash for a 3rd time, and Ryder pinned him with a curl from behind. Clay went for the cheap heat at the entrance wearing a Celtics jersey. I suspect he'll be wearing a Knicks jersey when they travel deeper into New England this week.

8 Divas Dance-Off followed by a match
They asked fans to vote for either a dance-off or a match, the fake vote determined it was to be a dance-off. So it was the Bellas and The Funkadactyls vs. Aksana, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, and Alicia Fox. After stupid pointless and unexciting "dancing", of course they inevitably attack each other and Brad Maddox comes out and announces a match right then and there. So they all do typical girl wrestling stuff and the Bellas/Funk are the winners. Glad to see Kaitlyn though, she's awesome.

Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs The Real Americans in a steel cage match
Started off slow but really picked up towards the end. My first thought was why is this a steel cage match? Don't they save these things for main events? Whatever, the best part was when Cody moonsaulted off not the top rope, but the top of the cage to pin Cesaro! Holy smokes that's dangerous.

Kane vs Big Show with Booker T as the special guest referee
The Director of Operations felt like wrestling so he did, without mask. Great pop for Booker T, and when Big Show won, that's when the fun began. T gets on the mic and brings out from backstage Michael P.S. Hayes (??!!) and he comes out and does his awesome strut in the ring and then a Moonwalk lol, great to see him. Big Show does a pretend spin-a-rooney with some help from T because he's too fat. And then T finishes it off with his own spin-a-rooney...so much fun.

Curtis Axel vs Sin Cara
Sleeper match of the night. Sin Cara wins...so what. Axel gets on the mic and says no way I'm ending 2013 like this, bring someone else out to wrestle me, blah blah, hence...

Curtis Axel vs The Great Khali
Khali comes out and the place gives a really good pop. Khali beats Axel in under a minute with a head chop. Whoop-dee-doo.

3MB vs Los Matadores & El Torito
Ok, this one I didn't understand. That was NOT Heath Slater in the ring, it was someone else. Mahal & McIntyre were themselves, but I really have no clue who the third was. This other guy was black haired, way different build than Slater, pudgier. My first thought was "is that Ricardo"? I was too far away to tell so I feel like I'll never know. I just don't understand what was going on. Anyway, El Torito pinned that guy for the win.

Cena vs Orton
Oh goodie. The usual Cena sucks/let's go from the crowd, no big surprises or excitement, just back and forth and back and forth with RKO's and power slams and AA's and 5 knuckle shuffles. A knocked out ref to boot, and since it was a title match and they can't have that change hands at a house show, nor can they ever pin Cena to make him look bad, this ended in a Cena win by DQ since Orton felt like punching him in the sack. Cena gets on the mic and does his usual goodwill ambassador type of speech saying how nice it was to be at the new, renovated MSG and how this venue is so important to the company history and all that.

Maideneer
12-27-2013, 06:58 AM
So, it looks like they switch up their house show formats nightly. I just got an email for tomorrow night's show in Newark, as follows:

Cena & Mysterio vs Orton & Del Rio
Big Show vs Kane in a steel cage (w/Booker T as ref)

So they must do the match stipulations on a rotation basis. Cena you get the cage match one night, next night Kane you get the cage, Cesaro the next, etc.

That's kinda nice, it's like when your favorite band switches up their setlist every night...makes it interesting.

dcmetal108
12-27-2013, 08:02 AM
So, it looks like they switch up their house show formats nightly. I just got an email for tomorrow night's show in Newark, as follows:

Cena & Mysterio vs Orton & Del Rio
Big Show vs Kane in a steel cage (w/Booker T as ref)

So they must do the match stipulations on a rotation basis. Cena you get the cage match one night, next night Kane you get the cage, Cesaro the next, etc.

That's kinda nice, it's like when your favorite band switches up their setlist every night...makes it interesting.

Yeah it always changes. Just like the house show I went to last Christmas had the matches changed and rearranged the night of because The Shields flight got pushed back and they had to be main event.

Maideneer
12-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Ha it's already on the net.

/avdYxj_2ho8

dcmetal108
12-27-2013, 08:34 AM
During our cage match one of the Wyatts went to throw a Uso into the cage and instead the Uso bounced on the rope and flung himself right over the cage.

adamclark52
12-28-2013, 03:02 PM
A great read over at wrestlecrap.com

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/rants/2013-a-look-back-in-horror-the-50-worst-items-of-the-year/

dcmetal108
12-28-2013, 03:59 PM
So if all goes well I'll be interview former WWF Champ Ahmed Johnson next month.

Maideneer
12-28-2013, 04:40 PM
So if all goes well I'll be interview former WWF Champ Ahmed Johnson next month.

:lol: will he be one of 15 in attendance at the next Queensryche backyard show?

dcmetal108
12-28-2013, 05:06 PM
:lol: will he be one of 15 in attendance at the next Queensryche backyard show?

haha.

He should be cool to interview because he has no problem talking about all the bullshit that happened when he was in WWF like the cliques, the racism, the cheap shots, and all that.

adamclark52
12-28-2013, 06:40 PM
haha.

He should be cool to interview because he has no problem talking about all the bullshit that happened when he was in WWF like the cliques, the racism, the cheap shots, and all that.

I Googled a current picture of him after you mentioned you were interviewing him. He is still one intimidating motherfucker.

adamclark52
12-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I made it through the first DVD of the Goldberg set tonight. It was good for nostalgia. And really, Goldberg had potential to be a lot better in the ring then he ever was. I think a few more years of training and matches before he got on the grand stage would've made us look at him a lit differently. (I've always liked him, but I've heard a lot of people criticize his ring work).

If I would really change anything about the set, I don't like that they didn't have a little graphic on the bottom of the screen at the beginning of each match stating where and when the match happened.

And I did notice one point at the beginning the commentators "adding" some matches to the streak. When he wins the title against Hogan he's 108-0. The next match on the set is at Bash at the Beach, six days later. The commentators say that they hadden't seen Goldberg since he won the title. Then when he beats Curt Henning they say he's 112-0. But I've heard that the numbers of the streak were fudged a bit and it was closer to 100 to 110 straight wins.

I love watching late-1990's WCW so I recommend the set. But knowing how things worked out, that end of Starcade 1998 really pisses me off.

dcmetal108
12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Looking for a laugh? Meet Skip Sheffield who you may now know as Ryback.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/189001_10150096219406816_4258085_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/185961_10150096219436816_3996094_n.jpg

adamclark52
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Looking for a laugh? Meet Skip Sheffield who you may now know as Ryback.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/189001_10150096219406816_4258085_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/185961_10150096219436816_3996094_n.jpg

It's pictures like that that have to make you feel bad for Ryback. He gets saddled with that character, then finally gets rebranded and called up to the main roster only to get jobbed out on how many straight PPV's in late 2012 and early 2013? Only then to get one of the worst heel turns in recent memory and still get constantly jobbed out.

I always found his FCW profile picture as Skp Sheffield to be the worst:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/198/776/skip_sheffield_display_image.jpg?1271275479

It looks like they just took a Batista wannabe, reached into the prop bin and slapped a cowboy hat on him and told him "NOW SMILE, DAMMIT. YOU'RE A COWBOY". And the poor guy just played along.

Maideneer
12-30-2013, 09:39 PM
He gets saddled with that character, then finally gets rebranded

Nice going there.

Maideneer
12-30-2013, 09:43 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/198/776/skip_sheffield_display_image.jpg?1271275479

This needs to be the most photoshopped pic of all time. Stick a straw in his mouth or a grain of wheat. Razor Ramon had the toothpick, Skip has the chewin' tobacc-uh.

adamclark52
12-31-2013, 05:35 AM
Nice going there.

I never even caught that. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

dcmetal108
12-31-2013, 07:34 AM
At the house show I went to the other night Ryback was the opener and got booed the entire time. No one gave a fuck about him.

He doesn't do the whole "feed me more" gimmick either anymore. Though seeing him at a house show it is so clear that he is a Goldberg wannabe.

adamclark52
12-31-2013, 07:38 AM
Rybacks demotion will go down as the biggest fuck up of 2013.

John The Drummer
12-31-2013, 12:04 PM
RAW was ok, from the little I caught. Diva's match sucked... please... PLEEZ... no more 8/10 Diva Tag Matches, WWE, theyre terrible .So funny they gave Aksana the win :lol:

Awesome to see Lesnar back, again, but I think they can do better than Mark Henry....

D-Bry joining the Wyatt's?.... hope this isn't very long lived....

rjturtle9
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Raw sucked ass last night. I guess they are fixing to bring back Evolution.

300%_Density
12-31-2013, 02:17 PM
So from looking at Wikipedia this Monday is one of those "Old School Raws" or whatever they are called this Monday.

Finding Raw unwatchable for the better part of a decade are these even worth DVRing? I'm really only interested if old guys are gonna be there.

It's sad. In the glory days of '97 - '02 Raw didn't have to stoop to having gimmick shows. People tuned in to watch because the wrestling and story lines were good. I could go on complaining how much I don't like it anymore.

adamclark52
12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
So from looking at Wikipedia this Monday is one of those "Old School Raws" or whatever they are called this Monday.

Finding Raw unwatchable for the better part of a decade are these even worth DVRing? I'm really only interested if old guys are gonna be there.

It's sad. In the glory days of '97 - '02 Raw didn't have to stoop to having gimmick shows. People tuned in to watch because the wrestling and story lines were good. I could go on complaining how much I don't like it anymore.

They do that every year. Drag a few veterans out (who are under contract anyway, just working backstage) and do really nothing. I'd sooner just watch an old DVD or something.

300%_Density
12-31-2013, 08:24 PM
They do that every year. Drag a few veterans out (who are under contract anyway, just working backstage) and do really nothing. I'd sooner just watch an old DVD or something.

I will probably DVR it only because I don't have to delete old stuff out of my DVR for it.

adamclark52
01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
The second disc of the Goldberg DVD brought back some memories.

You know, everyone made fun of WCW in the late 1990's and I did too. But looking back, I think I like it better than late 1990's WWF. They didn't have all the stupid gimmicks and had better in-ring action. I like the characters they had better and they had "the Brain" and Tony Schivonte on commentary. Schivonte gets a lot of shit but I really liked the guy.

This DVD really takes me back to a time I will never replicate. It was really sad to see how much WCW took a dive in 2000/2001.

I don't know if I'm going to bother with disc three since it's all WWE stuff I have on other DVD's.

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 07:35 AM
I've had so much fun thanks to a guy on YouTube. There's a guy on there that has like 85-90% of all nitros & Raws. I've been watching them in order. It's great seeing all the stuff I've missed and re watch some of the other stuff. Can't suggest this enough. On YouTube lookup Kayfab 2 Masses & also Kayfabe 2 Masses. Guess he had so much he had to make 2.

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 07:40 AM
I've had so much fun thanks to a guy on YouTube. There's a guy on there that has like 85-90% of all nitros & Raws. I've been watching them in order. It's great seeing all the stuff I've missed and re watch some of the other stuff. Can't suggest this enough. On YouTube lookup Kayfab 2 Masses & also Kayfabe 2 Masses. Guess he had so much he had to make 2.

I'd enjoy that while it lasts.

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I'd enjoy that while it lasts.

It'll always last for me. I ripped all that off YouTube and put it on portable hard drive. I don't take chances!!!

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 08:00 AM
It'll always last for me. I ripped all that off YouTube and put it on portable hard drive. I don't take chances!!!

That's awesome. But you're still going to pay $14.99 a month for the WWE Network so you can enjoy quality original programming like Total Divas, The Cole and JBL Show, After Total Divas and the Santino Show, right?

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
That's awesome. But you're still going to pay $14.99 a month for the WWE Network so you can enjoy quality original programming like Total Divas, The Cole and JBL Show, After Total Divas and the Santino Show, right?

Man you'd have to pay me to watch Raw now and it's not like I'm paying extra for USA Network. Man that is an awful lineup of new shows.

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling the WWE Network will be a huge disappointment. A guy brought up something the other day that really changed my outlook and that was the NFL Network, the potential it had and the disappointment it's become.

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 08:43 AM
All WWE Network has to do is be WWE on demand only showing more of the same stuff demand already shows. You try to get cute w/ new shows and shit and that will 100% ruin it. Stick w/ what works.

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 08:55 AM
They won't though. They'll fill it with retarded reality shows and those amazing original movies they green-light. And no one will pay for that. The only way to get people to pay for that shit would be to have Raw or Smackdown on the Network.

I hate reality TV but poorly done reality TV is even worse, and the WWE Network will be full of it.

Don't get your hopes up.

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Speaking of terrible original movies, I saw the preview for the one staring the Miz...wow.

Sanitarium78
01-02-2014, 09:12 AM
The main hook that the WWE network has, at least for me, is that the PPVs will be shown on it every month. Except for WrestleMania which you have to buy as a separate PPV. Considering it will only cost $14.99 a month vs the PPVs which cost $60.00 every month right now, that's a good deal. I'm not sure if i'll get it though since it's supposed to be an online streaming thing similar to Netflix. I spend a decent amount of time on my laptop but certainly not enough to pay for a streaming wrestling network. If it were a regular station available on my TV I would probably get it.

For those interested, Chris Jericho has started doing a podcast called Talk Is Jericho. Steve Austin, Edge and Eddie Trunk have been guest so far and Bret Hart is his guest next week. Austin and Edge had a lot of good wrestling stories to tell. I knew a good amount of the Austin stuff since so much of it has been covered on his WWE DVDs though. A lot of the stuff Edge talked about I didn't know.

http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

Maideneer
01-02-2014, 09:47 AM
If WWE Network is $15 a month, that's $180/year, no small penny. Will they reduce the # of PPV's this year to give you less value? It better be absolutely commercial free...if it's like Hulu Plus where you pay for the privilege to watch ads then it's gonna sink. Ever watch a series of videos on the WWE website? Not exaggerating, there is a 30 second video EVERY SINGLE TIME you cue up another video...it's infuriating.

They also better allow you to access it via any device you want, none of this maximum 2 or 4 screens crap. Maybe there will be a 5-times-a-show tutorial from Cole on how to use your WWE app to access this channel.

Switching gears now, Christmas Bounty featuring The Miz is in stores now, and it's a limited edition to every one who wants one!

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Switching gears now, Christmas Bounty featuring The Miz is in stores now, and it's a limited edition to every one who wants one!

I'll wait for it to debut after the Total Divas marathon on the WWE Network.

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
God that's awful. I didn't know it was going to be Netflix like, I thought it was gonna be like an actual channel. For $15 dammit, I want my XFL replays shown as well!!!! :cool:

I don't want it to fail because its WWE but honestly if there's going to be so much stupid shit on there that might BARELY have anything to do w/ wrestling then yea I hope to god it goes belly up. If you are someone who still likes WWE now and gets the PPVs every month then yes its a damn good deal. I remember reading that the 4 big PPVs (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam & Survivor Series) wouldn't be included but the other 8 would be. Not sure if it got changed to just WM or not. They should be nice and if you get the WWE channel they should give you some kind of $ amount off of the 4 main PPVs if that's indeed how they are doing it.

Edit:
After looking it up, it is all non WM PPVs that will be viewable on WWE Network. I'll just copy off of Wikipedia:

"According to reports, WWE's current plan for the network is to launch it during the 1st quarter of 2014, specifically February 24, the day after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.[1] According to other reports, "the initial price point will be in the $10-$12 a month range, with the sign-up being for 6 months; WrestleMania 30 will be viewable on the network, with the plan still being reported as every non-WrestleMania pay-per-view airing on the network in the future; the network won't be a channel on TV, but an app-like service along the lines of Netflix that the viewer will be able to watch online and on devices like smart TVs, PS3, PS4, XBox 360, Xbox One and so on; there will be a live 24/7 stream of content on the network, which is the thing that will separate it from apps like Netflix. However, on-demand viewing will still be a part of the network, as the entire library of RAW and SmackDown episodes, as well as pay-per-views, will be available to watch at launch."

That doesn't sound terrible honestly. I like the app idea along w/ the entire library of Raw/Smackdown episodes. The only thing that I wonder about is what about the WCW/ECW library? I know that you can only keep so much stuff on demand for everybody but I wonder if those other 2 promotions will be represented on there? Obviously I know that there's just as many people who would want WCW/ECW stuff as the would WWE stuff. I don't see myself getting this (not anytime soon atleast) but depending the response and content I'd be open. *Wife approval required of course.

Maideneer
01-02-2014, 12:23 PM
$10-$12/month? Sorry, that's asking a little too much. Promotion the hell out of it at the start...hell sell me a lifetime pass for $500, that's what Sirius/XM did for a while.