PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

dcmetal108
08-31-2013, 06:15 PM
My gawd! AJ Styles "Pipe Bomb" was fucking horrible.

He's on a short run I feel. His contract was just renewed at the very last second and they only gave him a 3 month contract.

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2013, 06:55 PM
My gawd! AJ Styles "Pipe Bomb" was fucking horrible.

AJ Styles cutting a promo :lol:

dcmetal108
08-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Just watched the first episode of that Total Divas show.

The Bellas seem like bitches.

The two black girls that work with Brodus and Tensai seem like bitches.

The rest of the season seems like catfights and drama.

It was mediocre.

adamclark52
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
I went to a TNA event in January 2012. They were at the Tsongas Center in Lowell, Massachusetts. Place holds 7,500 people. There couldn't have been more than 600 people there. It was sad.

That's bad. And they were in a better place then than now.

I've been to two TNA events and it was back when they were as hot as they ever got (2008). First was a house show in early 2008 and they got forty two hundred people a seventy five hundred seat arena, so over half. Second was the No Surrender PPV in 2008 and the same arena had thirty five hundred people. So a PPV drew less people than a house show.

The house show did have the best non-televised match I've seen in my life; AJ Styles and Samoa Joe verses LAX. The PPV had that AJ Styles verses Frank Trigg MMA match that got inducted into wrestlecrap (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/frank-trigg-vs-aj-styles-you-cant-spell-summarily-awful-without-mma/) this past March. A match so good I'd forgotten I'd even seen it.

Sanitarium78
09-01-2013, 04:36 AM
AJ Styles cutting a promo :lol:

Not nearly as funny as Dolph Ziggler cutting a promo;)

AJ Styles is decent enough at cutting promos but that's not what got him over. Being one of the best in ring performers of the last decade is how he got to where he is now. The promo he did on Thursday was decent enough but i'm not sure why today whenever a wrestler cuts a promo where they're telling the truth it's now considered a pipe bomb? Punk's promo in 2011 was exactly that. AJ Lee's and AJ Styles ones were good promos but had nowhere near the impact Punk's did. So I don't consider them to be pipe bombs.

I'm guessing AJ Styles wins the Bound For Glory series and takes the belt from Bully Ray in October. This will be TNA's way of keeping Styles around for a bit longer and it will bring an end to the terrible Aces & 8s storyline which they have fucked up beyond belief. Maybe with Styles as their top guy again TNA can get back to how good they were in the later part of 2011 and all through 2012.

TNAs marketing still needs to be fixed. Given how popular Jeff Hardy was before he left the WWE, he alone should be able to get a few thousand people to each TNA show. The chance for people to see Sting wrestle again should bring a decent crowd to. The problem is, nobody knows the TNA name and that these guys are with them.

dcmetal108
09-02-2013, 07:44 PM
So I guess Cody Rhodes is done wrestling.

BloodoftheKings
09-02-2013, 09:00 PM
So I guess Cody Rhodes is done wrestling.

He's actually getting married in real life so he's getting time off. He'll probably be back in a couple months.

Is Raw usually this repetitive? Every week it's been

>open with a Bryan/Orton/HHH promo, HHH puts Bryan in an unfair match as the main event
>Fandango bullshit
>PTP win again lol
>guys getting put in unfair matches for talking shit about HHH and Orton
>DBry wins the main event by dq after the Shield interfere, Shield and Orton pound on him until the show ends

XDoomsayerX
09-02-2013, 09:04 PM
He's actually getting married in real life so he's getting time off. He'll probably be back in a couple months.

>open with a Bryan/Orton/HHH promo, HHH puts Bryan in an unfair match as the main event
>Fandango bullshit
>PTP win again lol
>DBry wins the main event by dq after the Shield interfere, Shield and Orton pound on him until the show ends

Serioulsy dis! I thought the D-bry vs HHH in company would be better
Also Big Show almost tearing up, man that last segment was lame. :hecho:

dcmetal108
09-02-2013, 09:20 PM

>Fandango bullshit
>PTP win again lol

Yeah I should of said more and put "done wrestling for now".

Also it's being said Fandango broke his nose during his match tonight.

adamclark52
09-02-2013, 10:57 PM

>Fandango bullshit
>PTP win again lol

Weren't you watching in 1999-2000? Every goddamn Raw went like this:
- opening segment: twenty minute Triple H promo
- some other midcard stuff
- a hardcore match
- some Triple H backstage segment
- Triple H in the main event

That's a little extreme but he did kick off every Raw with a long-ass promo for a long time.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Officially set for WWE Night of Champions:

*WWE champ Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan.
*World champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam.
*WWE Intercontinental champ Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman vs. CM Punk - Handicap match under elimination rules.
WWE Divas champ AJ Lee vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi.

http://www.wrestlingspy.com/2013/09/updated-lineup-for-night-of-champions.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

BloodoftheKings
09-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Weren't you watching in 1999-2000? Every goddamn Raw went like this:
- opening segment: twenty minute Triple H promo
- a hardcore match
- some Triple H backstage segment
- Triple H in the main event

That's a little extreme but he did kick off every Raw with a long-ass promo for a long time.

My original run of watching wwe was 2004-2006.

http://www.wrestlingspy.com/2013/09/updated-lineup-for-night-of-champions.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

They announced all of those matches on Raw already, it's not inside info or anything.

I was thinking they would book Big Show & Mark Henry v. The Shield for the tag titles but then they gave Big Show this dumb role in the Bryan/Orton storyline. I guess it's still possible.

adamclark52
09-03-2013, 07:58 AM
My original run of watching wwe was 2004-2006

Ah, you didn't miss much.

Maideneer
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Can we talk about how useless Ricardo Rodriguez is? I mean, personal ring announcer for RVD?! How silly. Not only does he do nothing for him, he almost takes it the other way anti-climactically. Now they have him rolling his R's more to try and give it a little kick...not working. RVD needs no ring announcer, once that music hits it's gold. I notice he does a lot less now of the in-ring RVD points/chants which sucks. Find another use for RR, because this current role is just poop.

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM

They announced all of those matches on Raw already, it's not inside info or anything.

I was thinking they would book Big Show & Mark Henry v. The Shield for the tag titles but then they gave Big Show this dumb role in the Bryan/Orton storyline. I guess it's still possible.

Big Show vs HHH. Book it.

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Can we talk about how useless Ricardo Rodriguez is? I mean, personal ring announcer for RVD?! How silly. Not only does he do nothing for him, he almost takes it the other way anti-climactically. Now they have him rolling his R's more to try and give it a little kick...not working. RVD needs no ring announcer, once that music hits it's gold. I notice he does a lot less now of the in-ring RVD points/chants which sucks. Find another use for RR, because this current role is just poop.

He can wrestle. Actually pretty good wrestler.

dcmetal108
09-03-2013, 01:49 PM
– There was an incident on RAW that took place during Cody Rhodes’ match with Randy Orton. As seen last night, there were several fans in the front row dressed up as wrestlers (Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, etc.). Because the fans dressed as wrestlers were getting a lot of attention from the crowd, WWE officials sent over security guards to settle everybody down. There was actually some panic backstage and WWE sent some of their own production people in addition to security out to calm things down.
:lol:

Sanitarium78
09-03-2013, 02:11 PM

That's unfortunate. Except for Benoit's and Eddie Guerrero's world title runs, those years were not too good at all.

Ah, you didn't miss much.

Yeah, he only missed the attitude era. Nothing to see there;)

RVD didn't need Bill Alfanso in ECW to talk for him and annoyingly blowing a whistle while he was in his corner during matches but he still did. It's just a "hype man" to add to RVD to make him more of a big deal. CM Punk didn't need Heyman at his side but his WWE title reign last year got about 10 times better once Heyman came in.

Ricardo with RVD makes sense if Ricardo is looking for revenge against Del Rio by backing the guy who will beat him for the title. Possibly with Ricardo getting involved to cost Del Rio the belt. Or Ricardo is just messing with RVD and will cost him his match and join back up with Del Rio. Him turning on RVD makes sense since Del Rio can retain the title through heelish means and losing like that won't hurt RVDs credibility too much. Plus, who doesn't want to see another pointless, boring world title run from Del Rio instead of RVD getting the proper world title run he should've had 10 years ago?

JRA
09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Sanitarium, could you give us your thoughts on the Daniel Bryan as Stone Cold vs HHH as Vince McMahon story?

adamclark52
09-03-2013, 10:53 PM
That was the tail end of the Attitude era, not the golden era of 97-99. I just fucking hate Triple H so much that I can't glorify it for the guy. 2000 was all about the guy and I loath him.

And RVD with Alfonso was just so classic for the time. I loved it. Alfonso was so useless and annoying but just fit so great. God, that goddamn whistle. So annoying but so awesome. Anything from ECW from those years was better than almost anything else. I'm probably looking at it through rose-colored glasses but I have so many great memories from those days.

Ricardo can just go away. But I'm sure he will very soon. Especially if he's teamed up with RVD who's probably going to be gone very soon anyway.

Sanitarium78
09-04-2013, 05:44 PM
That was the tail end of the Attitude era, not the golden era of 97-99. I just fucking hate Triple H so much that I can't glorify it for the guy. 2000 was all about the guy and I loath him.

Then you must have hated 2003 and 2004 when Triple H dominated the WWE and held the belt for most of that time. Triple H was great in his first main event run during the attitude era. Austin was gone for a year with the neck jury and HHH stepped up and carried the company while Austin was out. Those two periods in HHH's career are two of the greatest heel runs of all time.

Sanitarium, could you give us your thoughts on the Daniel Bryan as Stone Cold vs HHH as Vince McMahon story?

It's the best thing they've done in a long time. Yes, they've taken some influence from other past storylines that were similar but they've come up with something very good here. The heels are completely unlikable and you want to see Orton and company get the shit kicked out of them. Of course I always want to see Randy Orton get his ass kicked so nothing has changed for me there. The faces are easy to cheer for and are being portrayed as underdogs very well and you can easily get behind them.

I don't see Bryan as being like Austin. I see him more like Mick Foley back when he feuded with Vince and The Rock for the title in late 1998 and early 1999. Just like Mick, Bryan doesn't have the look of a WWE guy let alone a world champ and should never have made it as far as he has. But his heart, determination and willingness to give it all to entertain the fans has got him in the main event and the people 100 percent behind him. They need to get the belt on him at Night Of Champions. Four times since Summerslam Bryan has been left laying by Triple H and his goons to end the show. This can only happen so much before people lose faith in Bryan and stop believing he can win the belt back. He needs to win at Night Of Champions and have the belt while his character is still going strong and the fans are on fire for him. Otherwise the storyline will be a waste.

Triple H as always is doing a great job as a heel and getting everyone to hate him. He's playing the unlikable corporate heel perfectly. There is a big difference between Triple H and Vince when it comes to them being authority figures though. That is Triple H used to be a wrestler and a very decorated and accomplished one. He may be more fearsome in this role than Vince ever was because people know exactly what Triple H is capable of when someone pisses him off. Nobody wants Trips to bust out his trusty sledgehammer and get nailed with it. Having The Shield as the corporate muscle is a nice addition and makes Triple H come off as even more powerful and threatening with those three guarding the ring while him and Orton are in there.

I think at Night Of Champions we will get a group of faces, lead by Big Show, who will come down to the ring and fight off The Shield during the Bryan/Orton match and it will result in Bryan winning the belt. He deserves more than five minutes as WWE champ. Bryan should at least keep it until Survivor Series where he can drop it back to Orton. At least let the guy have the belt for a few months before Triple H finds a way to take it off him.

rjturtle9
09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I heard that they are gonna keep building Bryan as the underdog until Royal Rumble where he wins the Rumble match and gets the belt at Mania.

adamclark52
09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh I fucking hated 2002-2005. I loved a lot about those years but I fucking hated Triple H then. I still hate him. I've never been madder at wrestling than Summerslam 2003. And to just be "given" the belt. No tournament, no match, just like "we all know you're getting it so...here ya go".

rjturtle9
09-05-2013, 05:16 AM
I've never been madder at wrestling than Summerslam 2003. And to just be "given" the belt. No tournament, no match, just like "we all know you're getting it so...here ya go".

Wait, what?

Sanitarium78
09-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Wait, what?

Back in September of 2002 Brock Lesnar was WWE champ and singed a deal to be exclusive to Smackdown. This left the RAW brand without a champion, so one night Eric Bischoff, the RAW GM at the time, brought back the world heavyweight championship and just awarded it to Triple H. This is where the champions for the separate brands were born and it gave RAW a world title. More importantly they accomplished what they wanted to as it gave Triple H massive heat from the fans for not earning the belt. He went on to dominate RAW for the next two years as champ only dropping the belt briefly to HBK and Goldberg before getting it back pretty fast both times. He did drop the belt to Benoit in 2004 and then Batista in 2005, so Triple H did make a few stars during his run but he usually dominated and buried most guys.

Seriously, how do you not know this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xzDFQQQVPc

rjturtle9
09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Back in September of 2002 Brock Lesnar was WWE champ and singed a deal to be exclusive to Smackdown. This left the RAW brand without a champion, so one night Eric Bischoff, the RAW GM at the time, brought back the world heavyweight championship and just awarded it to Triple H. This is where the champions for the separate brands were born and it gave RAW a world title. More importantly they accomplished what they wanted to as it gave Triple H massive heat from the fans for not earning the belt. He went on to dominate RAW for the next two years as champ only dropping the belt briefly to HBK and Goldberg before getting it back pretty fast both times. He did drop the belt to Benoit in 2004 and then Batista in 2005, so Triple H did make a few stars during his run but he usually dominated and buried most guys.

I was thinking that they gave him the belt at Summerslam. To be honest I didn't watch wrestling much at that time.

adamclark52
09-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I was thinking that they gave him the belt at Summerslam. To be honest I didn't watch wrestling much at that time.

Oh, I they gave him the belt at Summerslam 2003. He was champ at the time but the time for him to lose was that match. Goldberg was on fire during that match, I mean FIRE! Then they snuffed the fire out in less than five minutes. He won the belt the next month at Unforgiven but the heat was dead by then. He should've won at Summerslam.

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Trips name dropped the cruiserweight and European championships. Hopefully its a sign to come cause that would be awesome.

rjturtle9
09-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh, I they gave him the belt at Summerslam 2003. He was champ at the time but the time for him to lose was that match. Goldberg was on fire during that match, I mean FIRE! Then they snuffed the fire out in less than five minutes. He won the belt the next month at Unforgiven but the heat was dead by then. He should've won at Summerslam.

Oh yes I got whatcha mean now.

adamclark52
09-05-2013, 10:25 PM

That segment, that fucking segment. Here I go.

There's one line in that promo that still drives me crazy. It's when Bischoff says "If I would’ve been able to sign you to Nitro I know who would’ve been able to win the Monday Night Wars.", then sucks Triple H’s dick for a minute. Serious? I can think of three guys that would've made way more an impact if they'd have jumped to WCW: Stone Cold, the Rock and the Undertaker. Triple H was popular but I think he registered even lower on the radar the Mick Foley and Kane in those days. And there were some guys that had jumped from WCW that would’ve probably made a bigger impact if they went back. He was, at best, an upper-midcarder in the golden age of the Monday Night Wars. Him jumping to WCW wouldn't have even moved the needle. His first title reign in late 1999 may not have even happened if it wasn’t for the fact that Stone Cold and the Undertaker went out within a few months of each other with bad injuries. I didn't hate him so much at first when he got the title. I was just a little confused that he got it because I didn't see him as a main-eventer. It was the following months where it just got old. It goes back to how this topic got started with how every goddamn Raw started out with him talking about a) who he was going to beat at the next pay-per-view or b) who he just beat at the last pay-per-view. And I hate Stephanie McMahon SO MUCH too so that didn't help either.

I probably just “mark out” too much when I go on about Triple H. Maybe he just is the greatest heel of the modern era. Maybe I just read too much into the backstage politics and stories I read online. And really, some of the people he buried in the years after this promo weren’t really people that needed to be champion anyway. Did we really need to see the belt around Kane, Scott Steiner, Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Kevin Nash’s waists? No, none of them (except Booker) were really right for the belt for one reason or another.

But it was a known fact in those days that Triple H was dating the bosses daughter and was playing the backstage politics game. Back to the promo where he was given the belt. Just the fact that one line is fed from the Triple H machine is wrong on so many levels. And you can tell in Bischoffs voice that there is no sincerity to it. I hated Triple H before that promo but I loathed him after that one line. Just giving him the belt was bad enough but that he tried to put himself over so many greater stars from the Attitude era in doing it. Because I believe that whole scenario was pitched by him and his dumb bitch wife to put him over everyone. That's why to this goddamn day I hate him.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Trips name dropped the cruiserweight and European championships. Hopefully its a sign to come cause that would be awesome.

Bringing in more titles is a bad idea. They don't even have enough contenders to challenge for the belts they have on TV regularly now. Who's challenging Axel for the IC title right now? Who is Ambrose's next US title defense gonna be against? Nobody is feuding with Rollins & Reigns for the tag belts at the moment either. Bringing back old titles won't do anything because the mid card sucks. They're doing a decent enough job of making the current mid card champs look good, the problem they have is that none of the guys that can challenge for these titles are built up enough to be credible threats. You can make a case for The Uso's and The Prime Time Players for the tag titles but that's really it at the moment.

BloodoftheKings
09-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Who is Ambrose's next US title defense gonna be against?

Ziggler.

adamclark52
09-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah, there are too many titles now. The World Heavyweight is really the equivalent of the IC title back in the day and the US may as well be the European title.

If anything they should combine the US and IC titles, then rename the World Heavyweight title the IC title. Even at that you could probably eliminate the US and World Heavyweight entirely.

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2013, 11:19 AM
The IC,US,and World Heavyweight titles should all be one. It would be much more meaningful.

WWE Title
IC Title(combined one)
Tag Titles
Divas Title

Thats all ya need.

dcmetal108
09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Justin Gabriel vs. Fandango: WWE Main Event, Sept. 4, 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bsw93c_jfE)

Damn, Justin Gabriel can move around.

Sanitarium78
09-07-2013, 05:45 AM
That segment, that fucking segment. Here I go.

There's one line in that promo that still drives me crazy. It's when Bischoff says "If I would’ve been able to sign you to Nitro I know who would’ve been able to win the Monday Night Wars.", then sucks Triple H’s dick for a minute. Serious? I can think of three guys that would've made way more an impact if they'd have jumped to WCW: Stone Cold, the Rock and the Undertaker. Triple H was popular but I think he registered even lower on the radar the Mick Foley and Kane in those days. And there were some guys that had jumped from WCW that would’ve probably made a bigger impact if they went back. He was, at best, an upper-midcarder in the golden age of the Monday Night Wars. Him jumping to WCW wouldn't have even moved the needle. His first title reign in late 1999 may not have even happened if it wasn’t for the fact that Stone Cold and the Undertaker went out within a few months of each other with bad injuries. I didn't hate him so much at first when he got the title. I was just a little confused that he got it because I didn't see him as a main-eventer. It was the following months where it just got old. It goes back to how this topic got started with how every goddamn Raw started out with him talking about a) who he was going to beat at the next pay-per-view or b) who he just beat at the last pay-per-view. And I hate Stephanie McMahon SO MUCH too so that didn't help either.

I probably just “mark out” too much when I go on about Triple H. Maybe he just is the greatest heel of the modern era. Maybe I just read too much into the backstage politics and stories I read online. And really, some of the people he buried in the years after this promo weren’t really people that needed to be champion anyway. Did we really need to see the belt around Kane, Scott Steiner, Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Kevin Nash’s waists? No, none of them (except Booker) were really right for the belt for one reason or another.

But it was a known fact in those days that Triple H was dating the bosses daughter and was playing the backstage politics game. Back to the promo where he was given the belt. Just the fact that one line is fed from the Triple H machine is wrong on so many levels. And you can tell in Bischoffs voice that there is no sincerity to it. I hated Triple H before that promo but I loathed him after that one line. Just giving him the belt was bad enough but that he tried to put himself over so many greater stars from the Attitude era in doing it. Because I believe that whole scenario was pitched by him and his dumb bitch wife to put him over everyone. That's why to this goddamn day I hate him.

The promo accomplished what it set out to do then. I think you're underestimating just how popular Triple H was during the attitude era. From when he became the leader of DX all the way up to when he tore his quad in 2001 he was one of most consistently over guys on the roster. He was easily a top five guy during most of that time and was the number two guy in the company when Austin was out for a year with his neck injury. The only ones above Triple H in the attitude era pecking order were Austin, Rock, Taker and maybe Foley for a little while, that's it. Kane was up there to but he never reached the level Triple H did. Triple H going to Nitro during the monday night wars most certainly would've shifted the needle and got people to watch. The curiosity of what WCW would do with him would've been too high. Don't let your hatred for him cloud your judgment on just how over he was and how much he meant to the WWF from 1998-2001. I hate The Rock but it can't be denied how popular he was/is and what he's done for the wrestling business.

The line Bischoff said about winning the war if he had Triple H was just a way to put him over as a big deal. Just like Tony Schivoney used to call each Nitro "the biggest night in the history of out sport" even though it wasn't. It's just how you put over the current product/wrestler by making it sound like the greatest thing ever. JBL calls Del Rio a great world champion even though all his title reigns have sucked. Again, it's just a way to put over the current talent.

Don't forget Triple H became a world champ before he ever started going out with Stephanie. He earned his main event spot when he originally got it. No doubt his marriage to Stephanie has helped his career out greatly, but I honestly think he would've been a multiple time world champ if he didn't marry her. I'm sure it's helped him get a few extra title runs but he still would've been a permanent fixture in the main event for a number of years without being a member of the McMahon family. The guy was that good of a performer at one point which is something people like to forget once they find out who he's married to. As far as his politics go, if anybody is married to the bosses daughter and doesn't use that to their advantage in their career then they are just flat out stupid because we all would do that if we were in that situation.

The only time I was really pissed at Triple H is when he beat Booker T at wrestlemania. There was no doubt Booker should've won that match but HHH made him look like shit and the racists, dick heel won the feud which should just never happen in wrestling.

Ziggler.

Yeah, I thought that's where they might be going after RAW. What happened on Smackdown confirms it now. At least Ziggler is back down on the card and challenging for the title he should be. The guy just isn't world title material.

Justin Gabriel vs. Fandango: WWE Main Event, Sept. 4, 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bsw93c_jfE)

Damn, Justin Gabriel can move around.

He's been like that ever since he came to the WWE. I don't get why he's just a jobber and doesn't at least have a steady spot in the mid card similar to Kofi? The guy can't talk too well but he certainly has the look and a move set that can excite the crowd. Remember how over he got the 450 splash during the nexus angle? He would make a solid IC/US champ, not sure why they can't make room for him to be a regular on the TV?

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Ziggler is in the dog house right now for his comments at SummerSlam. Idk what he said but the company is fucking pissed at him lol.

dcmetal108
09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Ziggler is in the dog house right now for his comments at SummerSlam. Idk what he said but the company is fucking pissed at him lol.

What happened?

rjturtle9
09-07-2013, 07:12 AM
What happened?

Second.

And Ziggler is world champ material. Did you see his pop when he cashed in on Del Rio? And that was when he was heel. The guy is mad over with the fans.

Sanitarium78
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Second.

And Ziggler is world champ material. Did you see his pop when he cashed in on Del Rio? And that was when he was heel. The guy is mad over with the fans.

You mean the pop he got from all the diehard fans who attended the RAW after wrestlemania? Yeah, I heard it and it was a great reaction but it is something that he will not ever be able to duplicate again. There's a huge group of diehard WWE fans who seem to love him but when it comes to wrestling fans as a whole, most don't give a shit about him. Sorry, I don't care how hard you work, if all you do is sell or oversell your opponents offense and have nothing else going for you how are you world championship material? Ziggler is nothing more than a very good seller, that's it. He has very little personality, can't talk for shit and his offense is weak as hell and not believable. The Zigzag? What the hell is that? That move shouldn't even be able to put Hornswaggle down for a three count.

I don't hate Ziggler but the amount of love he gets from some people is really baffling. There's nothing wrong with being a good mid card guy and putting on good matches for your whole career. Plenty of guys have had memorable careers doing just that. Just because you think someone is good doesn't mean they should be a world champ. Ziggler is IC/US title level for life.

adamclark52
09-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Triple H going to Nitro may have shifted the needle for a week but it would've jumped back the next week. There was really only one guy who would've changed the ratings entirely if he jumped to WCW: Stone Cold. The Rock jumping maybe would've levelled things out so they were even. But if Stone Cold jumped to WCW things would've totally flipped around and WCW would've been getting 7's while WWF would've been getting 3's.

I don't know why but I never accepted Triple H as a main eventer at first. Then I grew to despise the guy over the years. I guess he just is the greatest heel of our time.

The only thing I ever hated more than Triple H as a heel is Triple H as a face. And Stephanie McMahon, period.

rjturtle9
09-07-2013, 11:31 AM
You mean the pop he got from all the diehard fans who attended the RAW after wrestlemania? Yeah, I heard it and it was a great reaction but it is something that he will not ever be able to duplicate again. There's a huge group of diehard WWE fans who seem to love him but when it comes to wrestling fans as a whole, most don't give a shit about him. Sorry, I don't care how hard you work, if all you do is sell or oversell your opponents offense and have nothing else going for you how are you world championship material? Ziggler is nothing more than a very good seller, that's it. He has very little personality, can't talk for shit and his offense is weak as hell and not believable. The Zigzag? What the hell is that? That move shouldn't even be able to put Hornswaggle down for a three count.

I don't hate Ziggler but the amount of love he gets from some people is really baffling. There's nothing wrong with being a good mid card guy and putting on good matches for your whole career. Plenty of guys have had memorable careers doing just that. Just because you think someone is good doesn't mean they should be a world champ. Ziggler is IC/US title level for life.

I respectfully disagree.

JRA
09-07-2013, 12:58 PM
What happened?

This, I presume. http://www.prowrestling.com/dolph-ziggler-comments-on-wwe-always-backing-randy-orton/

adamclark52
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
This, I presume. http://www.prowrestling.com/dolph-ziggler-comments-on-wwe-always-backing-randy-orton/

He makes a point, Orton is a Grade-A fuck up who has someone up high looking out for him.

But I heard an interview with Bob Holly a few months ago where he said that Rule #1 in the WWE is no matter how you feel just keep your damn mouth shut.

dcmetal108
09-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I like Orton alot and the guy performs well but they really do give him this time over time again.

Ziggler would be a great champ. A feud with him against Byrant would be some great stuff.

dcmetal108
09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
This Is Hardcore Fest Announce Plans To Get Joey Styles For 2014

This Is Hardcore is one of the countries largest hardcore music festivals. Early this morning after releasing a video that happened during Modern Life Is Wars set featuring two fans recreating some wrestling on stage the fest has announced interest in getting Joey Styles of ECW/WWE fame to do commentary during one headlining next year. Joey Style’s ECW commentary is legendary and if featured during a hardcore set with stage diving and wrestling moves could create one of the most unique and interesting sets in all of music.

So I am asking everyone to tweet Joey Styles (with link shown in picture) about doing it, annoy him, bug him, and just do it until he agrees. Show everyone you know even if they aren’t a fan. This is something that must happen.

http://apocalypticdemise.com/2013/09/08/this-is-hardcore-fest-announce-plans-to-get-joey-styles-for-2014/

Maideneer
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Went to a WWE house show in Brooklyn tonight, not bad at all. House shows are cool because they actually wrestle and keep the drama BS to a real minimum, you also get to see younger talent perform so it's fun. Matches are longer hence less matches than a TV taping. Good to see Bo Dallas again, haven't seen the guy since Rumble. Not even close to packed, the crowd sucked except obviously for DB's entrance. Heyman was the usual gold on the mic. All in all pretty fun.

Rvd vs Ambrose
Real Americans vs Bo Dallas & Sami Zayn (NXT)
Natalya vs Brie Bella
CM Punk vs Curtis Axel
Drew McIntyre vs Tyson Kidd
Uso's vs Reigns/Rollins
Orton vs Bryan

rjturtle9
09-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Went to a WWE house show in Brooklyn tonight, not bad at all. House shows are cool because they actually wrestle and keep the drama BS to a real minimum, you also get to see younger talent perform so it's fun. Matches are longer hence less matches than a TV taping. Good to see Bo Dallas again, haven't seen the guy since Rumble. Not even close to packed, the crowd sucked except obviously for DB's entrance. Heyman was the usual gold on the mic. All in all pretty fun.

Rvd vs Ambrose
Natalya vs Brie Bella
CM Punk vs Curtis Axel
Uso's vs Reigns/Rollins
Orton vs Bryan

This would have been great to see!

Sanitarium78
09-09-2013, 05:55 AM

It wasn't this that got captain oversell in trouble. This was said in character to promote the current storyline. I read he got in trouble for something else he said while out doing promotion for Summerslam. Let's face it, if he said that particular quote about Orton out of character he would no longer have a job right now.

Rvd vs Ambrose
Natalya vs Brie Bella
CM Punk vs Curtis Axel
Uso's vs Reigns/Rollins
Orton vs Bryan

No wrestling fan has or ever will say "It's good to see Bo Dallas again":lol: I'm a little surprised to see that they came back to Brooklyn so quickly. Didn't they just have a RAW or SD taping there a few months ago? I know it's a highly populated area but they should at least have about 6 months between visits. It seems like they came back too soon and got a shit crowd because of that. I haven't been to a house show in a long time but there are always fun.

Tonight's RAW is from Toronto, so the crowd will be awesome. Can't wait to see how they react to everything. Plus, Edge is advertised to make an appearance on the show:rocker: Too bad he had to retire the way he did, nobody has really taken his place since he left, you can make an argument that maybe Punk or Bryan have I guess. The WWE just doesn't feel the same without him. Especially when it comes to the world heavyweight championship, the title has fallen so far down the card since Edge retired.

Maideneer
09-09-2013, 06:50 AM
No wrestling fan has or ever will say "It's good to see Bo Dallas again":lol: I'm a little surprised to see that they came back to Brooklyn so quickly. Didn't they just have a RAW or SD taping there a few months ago? I know it's a highly populated area but they should at least have about 6 months between visits. It seems like they came back too soon and got a shit crowd because of that. I haven't been to a house show in a long time but there are always fun.

Anybody connected to IRS is a welcome sight, hence my soft spot for Bo Dallas. But yea, Raw was just a few months ago at Barclays, and Smackdown just before that at Nassau Coliseum. And Raw is at Nassau again the Monday after Thanksgiving (2 Overkill shows on the Sat/Sun, Raw on Monday and Slayer on Wed :frigginawesome:)

Crowd was sparse because let's face it, they charge too much for house shows, it's the same price as Raw for gods sakes, at least lower the price by a touch or at least Groupon the damn things off. I got mine on the cheap through Stubhub, no way I'm paying full price.

Maideneer
09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Oh don't forget Goldust is appearing on Raw tonight too :)

Maideneer
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Excellent Raw last night. Crowd was great, Edge was good, Goldust was rocking but the match of the night...Cesaro vs Marella. When the crowd chants 'holy shit' and the announce team acknowledges and agrees then it's a good match. It just proves that even mid-carders/low-carders can own the damn arena, you just need the right personalities, a good gimmick, a few stunning moves and 10 minutes.

rjturtle9
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Excellent Raw last night. Crowd was great, Edge was good, Goldust was rocking but the match of the night...Cesaro vs Marella. When the crowd chants 'holy shit' and the announce team acknowledges and agrees then it's a good match. It just proves that even mid-carders/low-carders can own the damn arena, you just need the right personalities, a good gimmick, a few stunning moves and 10 minutes.

Agreed 100%. The Goldust/Orton match wasn't bad either. Seeing Dustin in Goldust gear but not fully in character, just kicking ass, was awesome. Me and 3 other friends watched Raw and we were marking out like retards last night. It was fun.

John The Drummer
09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
BAH! I knew I should have watched all of RAW, but kept changing between that and YouTube :lol: . Did catch Orton vs Goldust, that was awesome. Still think they should make Cody vs Goldust at WrestleMania :)

rjturtle9
09-10-2013, 03:09 PM
BAH! I knew I should have watched all of RAW, but kept changing between that and YouTube :lol: . Did catch Orton vs Goldust, that was awesome. Still think they should make Cody vs Goldust at WrestleMania :)

Dustin has been wanting to do that for the past couple of years but WWE won't give it to him. It's supposed to be Goldust's retirement match.

John The Drummer
09-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Dustin has been wanting to do that for the past couple of years but WWE won't give it to him. It's supposed to be Goldust's retirement match.

GAH. No surprise. That'd be a really good match. I know I said I'm not big on Cody Rhodes, but having two brothers battle would bring great in ring chemistry. Goldy did look a little stiff at times, but kicked ass considering he isn't a full time wrestler. Was awesome how everyone seemed to think he was going for the Curtain Call, then went to Cody's finisher.

On a side note.... I wonder if if Wrestlermania 31 will bring Streak vs Streak with Undertaker vs Fandango :lol: :lol: :lol:

BloodoftheKings
09-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I checked the results of tonight's Smackdown taping and it doesn't say they booked any other matches for NoC. It appears the final card is

Bryan v. Orton
CM Punk v. Axel/Heyman
RVD v. Del Rio
Brie Bella v. Natalya v. AJ v. Naomi
PTP v. The Shield
PTP v. Tons of Funk v. Usos v. Real Americans v. 3MB

Seems a little short. Idk what happened to Ziggler v. Ambrose. Do they ever announce matches at the last second?

dcmetal108
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
PTP are wrestling twice?

Sanitarium78
09-11-2013, 06:33 AM
PTP are wrestling twice?

Probably. They're fighting in that five team elimination match on the pre-show to see who faces The Shield on the PPV for the titles. I'm guessing since the Usos already had a couple shots recently, that PTP will win and face The Shield.

Yes, BloodoftheKings, they do announce PPV matches at the last second or sometimes not at all. There's been plenty of PPV's over the last couple years where they'll add an unadvertised match on to the card because they realize they've got some time to fill. Maybe the announcers will mention something on Smackdown about a US title match. It's not like it matters since we all know that the match will be nothing more than Ziggler bumping like hell for Ambrose and he will retain the title.

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
A legend is retiring from WWE today :'(

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross announced that he is retiring from WWE today, after 20 years of service, to focus on his personal business endeavors.

Jim has had a long and storied career at WWE, both on the corporate staff as well as his television persona, calling some of the most memorable matches in WWE history as the voice of Monday Night Raw and SmackDown for more than two decades. He made his debut with WWE at WrestleMania IX in 1993 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007 by his long-time friend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Jim has made many contributions to WWE and the sports-entertainment industry, and we thank him for his many years of service and wish him well.

Sanitarium78
09-11-2013, 12:17 PM
A legend is retiring from WWE today :'(

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross announced that he is retiring from WWE today, after 20 years of service, to focus on his personal business endeavors.

Jim has had a long and storied career at WWE, both on the corporate staff as well as his television persona, calling some of the most memorable matches in WWE history as the voice of Monday Night Raw and SmackDown for more than two decades. He made his debut with WWE at WrestleMania IX in 1993 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007 by his long-time friend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Jim has made many contributions to WWE and the sports-entertainment industry, and we thank him for his many years of service and wish him well.

Technically, he's been retired for a while since he hasn't done anything regular on TV in a long time. At least he makes it official and can probably get some fans to stop bothering him about coming back and announcing full time.

No doubt, Jim Ross is the best play by play guy in wrestling history. He made everything seem important and with his excitement and enthusiasm he made the big matches and moments seem that much bigger. He always put over the talent, matches and storylines better than anyone. He made you believe in the product and the wrestlers which is something that is sorely missed with today's WWE commentary. When JR called it, you believed it.

dcmetal108
09-11-2013, 08:34 PM
So for the few that I haven't talked about it on facebook with. JR was not in fact retiring. It was a PR stunt to help make his career look better because he has in fact been fired from WWE. Ric Flair was also fired from WWE as well. This all stems from the Summerslam press event where Flair was drunk,

adamclark52
09-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Fired or future endeavored? I can't see what JR would ever do to be flat-out fired. But people get future endeavored all the time and they can always come back.

Flair on the other hand...I really don't care any more. After the beautiful send-off he got from the WWE to come back a couple of years later in TNA, I lost all respect for the guy. I know he's a financial mess but he had to be able to make money in other ways than physically wrestling.

adamclark52
09-11-2013, 09:41 PM
However I'm reading on various news sites that he has indeed gotten fired for not cutting Flair off while he was mouthing off during the panel at Summerslam, where JR was the MC. So again, the WWE shits on good ol' JR and he's just the scapegoat I guess.

I think he'll be back again some day and in some form. But, if this is the end for him it's too bad that this is how it ended: thanks to a drunken Ric Flair.

dcmetal108
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah he did get fired for not taking Flair off and letting him talk.

I don't see him coming back, they flat out fired him out of the blue, no warning, no send off, or RAW special.

JR can go make a living off his BBQ stuff.

JRA
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Ric Flair was also fired from WWE as well.

Holy fuck, this I didn't know!

adamclark52
09-12-2013, 05:27 PM
This is a pretty good list the WWE posted of the top-15 pay per views (http://www.wwe.com/classics/15-best-pay-per-views).

ECW Heatwave '98 is essential, Survivor Series 1995 is actually really good, Wrestlemania X-7 was epic and One Night Stand 2005...I don't even need to say anything.

Some of my other favorites are Survivor Series 2002 and 2003, Wrestlemanias IV-VIII, Wrestlemania XIX and Royal Rumble 2004.

John The Drummer
09-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Wrestlemania XIX

Dat Shooting Star Press..... and I was there in person..... shit was brutal :hecho:

adamclark52
09-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Dat Shooting Star Press..... and I was there in person..... shit was brutal :hecho:

I remember watching it in a theater with about two hundred other people. You could hear a pin drop. We all thought he was dead.

That was definitely the single most memorable moment from that Wrestlemania but Chris Jericho verses Shawn Micheals was a great match, Stone Cold verses the Rock was really good too and had really good build and the Hulk Hogan verses Vince McMahon Street Fight was very fun. Overall it was a very good card. The worst match was actually the Undertakers! You don't say that these days.

Sinister_Chalupa666
09-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah he did get fired for not taking Flair off and letting him talk.

I don't see him coming back, they flat out fired him out of the blue, no warning, no send off, or RAW special.

JR can go make a living off his BBQ stuff.

I was so fucking pissed when I found this out.

Sanitarium78
09-13-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't understand why JR is talking the fall for this? Nobody has ever been able to control Flair. All of a sudden JR is just supposed to know how to do that? I don't know what Flair was saying that caused so much stir but wouldn't cutting the man off and asking him to leave have made a bigger scene then just letting him stay and rant about whatever he wanted? Surely, Vince can't be this stupid either, he had to know what he was getting into when he asked Flair to make a public appearance. Everyone knows Flair is never gonna quit his partying ways, so the odds of him showing up drunk or at the very least buzzed and saying whatever he wanted were pretty high to begin with.

I know Vince, Stephanie and HHH are very busy people but one of those three or someone else from upper management should've been there to oversee the whole thing in case it did get out of hand. When you give Ric Flair a live mic these days, the odds of that happening are pretty good. I see this more as Vince, Stephanie and HHH's fault then JR's.

dcmetal108
09-13-2013, 09:04 AM
From what I've heard Steph and Vince were the ones that made the call to have him fired. I guess before the press event was over Steph had already made the call to Vince for it.

adamclark52
09-13-2013, 12:21 PM
JR deserves a send-off that rivals HBK or Flairs (though Flair didn't deserve his). In fact, he deserves a bigger send-off. He deserves a whole Raw dedicated to him with an hour of the program just for speeches and tributes. Instead that moron Vince, that stupid bimbo Steph and that goddamn lapdog Triple H once again shit on one of the most important figures in WWF/E history. In history. He's just as important as Hogan, Austin or Cena. He's the voice of the WWE. They probably just did this so unceremonious because they're still waiting for the Micheal Cole experiment to succeed. Why do they downplay how important JR was/is? (I still stand on my soapbox and say that one of the big things that made me stop watching WWE on a regular basis was Micheal Cole on Raw). Maybe I'm too old school, maybe I need to get with the times. I don't think JR needs to be doing Raw anymore but he deserves to go out in style. Not be sent packing by those fucking moron McMahons. Not this way.

adamclark52
09-14-2013, 05:51 PM
This speaks volumes. (http://www.twnpnews.com/2013/09/mike-tenay-taz-watching-nfl-game-impact-tapings/)

dcmetal108
09-14-2013, 09:56 PM
This speaks volumes. (http://www.twnpnews.com/2013/09/mike-tenay-taz-watching-nfl-game-impact-tapings/)

Gotta have something interesting to watch.

So CM Punk was at Riot Fest watching Rancid, I was also there watching Rancid.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1240164_10151662022058737_799395293_n.jpg

BloodoftheKings
09-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm glad Bryan is champion but that match was shit. Maybe they intended to make Orton look like a bitch but Bryan won way too easily. His matches with individual members of the Shield were more intense.

The CM Punk match was cool. I'm stoked to see Ryback as a Heyman guy.

adamclark52
09-16-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm glad they're doing something productive with Ryback. I can't remember a career getting so deflated so fast. And with Heyman as a mouthpiece all could be corrected and forgotten.

Sanitarium78
09-16-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm glad they're doing something productive with Ryback. I can't remember a career getting so deflated so fast. And with Heyman as a mouthpiece all could be corrected and forgotten.

Yeah, and unlike Axel, Ryback has some personality and charisma. He is decent on the mic to. He's kind of like Lesnar when it comes to that. He can hold his own OK on the mic but Heyman can help by doing most of the talking. Maybe we will see Ryback go after Axel and take the IC title from him. Doing that and having Heyman by his side will do a lot to help start repairing the damage that has been done to him since his pointless heel turn.

Then, a year from now when they want to turn Ryback face again, Heyman is the perfect guy to do it against.

dcmetal108
09-16-2013, 08:49 PM
I think Heyman will help Ryback some but the damage has been done for him. He was really forgotten.

adamclark52
09-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Heyman with Ryback won't elevate him (Ryback) to Brock Lesnars level, but it will elevate him passed Sin Caras level. They should have done this first then had him go after the title.

adamclark52
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Gotta have something interesting to watch.

So CM Punk was at Riot Fest watching Rancid, I was also there watching Rancid.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1240164_10151662022058737_799395293_n.jpg

I don't think it's possible for Punk to be any more awesome. Isn't the dude banging Lita? And wasn't he banging Maria a few years ago?

Sanitarium78
09-18-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't think it's possible for Punk to be any more awesome. Isn't the dude banging Lita? And wasn't he banging Maria a few years ago?

Don't forget about Beth Phoenix and Daffney to. This is his second go around with Lita. Someone should go to Punk's Wikipedia page and under the title "championships and accomplishments" they should include all the females in wrestling that he's banged.

adamclark52
09-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Don't forget about Beth Phoenix and Daffney to. This is his second go around with Lita. Someone should go to Punk's Wikipedia page and under the title "championships and accomplishments" they should include all the females in wrestling that he's banged.

Daffney...:drool:

dcmetal108
09-19-2013, 05:34 AM
I don't remember who said it but I think Punk has pretty much fucked just about every diva out there.

adamclark52
09-19-2013, 07:05 AM
CM Punk...:bowdown:

dcmetal108
09-19-2013, 08:27 AM
I just wanna hear about how AJ is in bed!

Maideneer
09-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Can I say Vickie Guerrero is just the worst. The end.

PVH5150
09-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Can I say Vickie Guerrero is just the worst. The end.

Vickie Guerrero: The reason I want to kill Eddie for dying.

adamclark52
09-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I think she's okay. I remember seeing a Raw/Smackdown taping in late-2008 and she got the biggest heat of anyone. I think it's sad that Eddie left her in such financial strife when he died that she still has to travel with the WWE to make ends meet. I'm sure she doesn't hate it but I'm sure there are other things she'd rather be doing. And I give the WWE credit for keeping her around to help her out.

rjturtle9
09-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Vickie Guerrero: The reason I want to kill Eddie for dying.

Backstage drama?

Sanitarium78
09-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Daffney...:drool:

Yep.

I would've loved to have seen her get a run as knockouts champ but TNA never gave her the belt for some strange reason. It's too bad she may never wrestle again because of all the injuries she suffered. She took some crazy bumps for a female wrestler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVHl0FkH9Y

I think it's sad that Eddie left her in such financial strife when he died that she still has to travel with the WWE to make ends meet.

Where did you hear about this? All I know is that Vince promised to take care of Vickie because of Eddie's untimely passing. I've never heard anything about Eddie being in financial trouble before he died.

dcmetal108
09-22-2013, 06:30 AM
I don't find Daffney attractive, like at all.

adamclark52
09-22-2013, 07:21 AM
I can't remember where I read it but I know I read it. He made money in the WWE but wasn't careful with it and left Vickie with not much. Do you really think a mid forties housewife would want to tour constantly with the WWE if she didn't have to?

Sanitarium78
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM
So, they're expecting the fans to cheer the Bella twins over AJ Lee? I don't see how that happens. They're really trying to get everyone behind Brie by mentioning on TV her real life relationship and now engagement to Daniel Bryan. I just don't think it will work, there is just no reason to give a fuck about Brie's on screen character.

Unfortunately, I don't have the spare cash to go to this sunday's PPV which will be here in Buffalo. Unless I win tickets or something I won't be there. I would've liked to have gone since the WWE has been pretty good since Summerslam and at this show they will crown a new WWE champ for sure. Oh well, maybe I can work something out by sunday and get some cheap seats at the last minute.

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Rhodes Bros. v. The Shield should be cool but what happened to the Usos? The night after NoC they won a #1 contenders match. Anyway here's my prediction for the ppv.

Orton def. Bryan
CM Punk def. Ryback
RVD def. ADR, Sandow cashes in
Rhodes bros. def. The Shield
AJ def. Brie
Sandow def. Ziggler

dcmetal108
10-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Rhodes Bros. v. The Shield should be cool but what happened to the Usos? The night after NoC they won a #1 contenders match. Anyway here's my prediction for the ppv.

Orton def. Bryan
CM Punk def. Ryback
Rhodes bros. def. The Shield
AJ def. Brie
Sandow def. Ziggler

Agreed except I want Ziggler to win.

Also I really did like the Usos.

John The Drummer
10-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Wasn't there just a PPV like... 2 weeks ago...?

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Wasn't there just a PPV like... 2 weeks ago...?

Yeah, and there's gonna be another one 3 weeks later.

Scratch this. That's just what I want to happen. Realistically Del Rio will just retain again.

John The Drummer
10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
This is really cool. One of the guys from a local radio show here went to Summerslam and got the chance to interview some of the wrestlers. Here is a small compilation of some of his interviews.

Funny story, apparently Damien Sandow was totally cool to him and they were shooting the shit... until the camera started rolling, he then went right into his character and acted like a total dick :lol: (as seen in this video).

Also, Cody Rhodes seems like a really cool guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSEvZ8diMHI

dcmetal108
10-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Booker T seems cool but too bad the 2-3 times I've went to meet him he's been a no show.

adamclark52
10-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Here's a listing of some ideas the WWE has for future DVD releases. (http://www.twnpnews.com/2013/10/wwe-surveys-fans-potential-dvd-releases/) I think that while the WWE does have a goldmine with all the libraries they've bought the last few years a lot of these seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Best of Santino Comedy Hour? Wow, that would suck. Best of Velocity? I've been dying to see Chavo Guerrero verses Chuck Palumbo again. A Christmas Collection...really? And I think we've got enough Stone Cold, Shawn Micheals, John Cena and Rock compilations. Yeah, they're running out of stuff.

They only ones I'd be interested in are another Jericho comp (there's still a lot of great WCW stuff and early WWF stuff out there), a WCW "Best of" and a Best of RVD.

There's a shit ton of stuff I'd want to see released but I'm one of the few who'd want to see a Best of Raven or Sabu collection so I know that will never happen.

dcmetal108
10-04-2013, 11:11 PM
* Best of Velocity
* Brothers of Destruction
* Top Divas
r

I'd buy those three.

adamclark52
10-05-2013, 03:41 AM
I'd buy those three.

I missed the Divas one. I'd never buy it but it's a worthy released. They'd have to include the Trish verses Lita match that main evented Raw in late-2005 (or 2006, I can't remember but it was an awesome match).

Sanitarium78
10-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Screw all those DVD sets. I want one for Arn fuckin Anderson already. You can't tell me there's not a few discs worth of matches in the WWE's massive video library to make an Arn Anderson collection. It's not like he's faded into obscurity either, he's been working as a road agent in the WWE for a long time now. There's no reason he should not have had a DVD collection. If they can make a DVD about Mid-South Wrestling and release it, they sure as hell can do one for Double A.

adamclark52
10-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Screw all those DVD sets. I want one for Arn fuckin Anderson already. You can't tell me there's not a few discs worth of matches in the WWE's massive video library to make an Arn Anderson collection. It's not like he's faded into obscurity either, he's been working as a road agent in the WWE for a long time now. There's no reason he should not have had a DVD collection. If they can make a DVD about Mid-South Wrestling and release it, they sure as hell can do one for Double A.

Yeah, that'd be a good one too. I can't say I'd buy it but if there are enough people willing to buy the Mid-South Wrestling DVD there's probably enough to buy one on him too.

rjturtle9
10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
There was nothing on that list that I would be interested in, maybe The Brother's of Destruction DVD, but that's it. I like the documentaries they put out. Would be great for them to put out another Monday Night Wars documentary (the old one was only an hour long) and more wrestler documentaries with bonus matches (Rob Van Damn, Sting, DDP, Kurt Angle). As for "best of" compilations, I'd like Best of WCW Thunder and a new hardcore matches compilation.

adamclark52
10-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I want them to release more complete boxed sets of PPVs like they did with Wrestlemania, Summerslam and the Royal Rumble. I want them to do ones for B-pay per views. If they released a complete anthology of Halloween Havoc I would buy it without a thought. I love watching the undercard matches that have been forgotten. You never know what you'll see in those matches. Like the Bret verses HBK Iron Man match has been released a bunch of times over the years. But if you watched the rest of Wrestlemania XII you see Stone Cold, Triple H and Sable in their Wrestlemania debuts. And the awesome hardcore match between Goldust and Roddy Piper. Not all good matches in any way, shape or form. But interesting pieces of history.

rjturtle9
10-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I want them to release more complete boxed sets of PPVs like they did with Wrestlemania, Summerslam and the Royal Rumble. I want them to do ones for B-pay per views. If they released a complete anthology of Halloween Havoc I would buy it without a thought. I love watching the undercard matches that have been forgotten. You never know what you'll see in those matches. Like the Bret verses HBK Iron Man match has been released a bunch of times over the years. But if you watched the rest of Wrestlemania XII you see Stone Cold, Triple H and Sable in their Wrestlemania debuts. And the awesome hardcore match between Goldust and Roddy Piper. Not all good matches in any way, shape or form. But interesting pieces of history.

I have full years worth of PPVs on my external hard drive. Torrent sites kick ass!

John The Drummer
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
YouTube has a great amount of older PPV's. Watched a few over the last 3-4 months, great memories :D

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
So Cena is back already and facing Del Rio for the title at Hell In A Cell :|

dcmetal108
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
So Cena is back already and facing Del Rio for the title at Hell In A Cell :|

Yep I read he has been wrote in a few months earlier than expected because of last weeks all new low score.

Sanitarium78
10-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Cena has come back early from injuries before, so this can very well be legit. I'll remain suspicious until I actually see Cena on TV again. This is a good thing for the World Heavyweight title though. If this match does happen, Cena will not lose and he will elevate the title back to main even status. It's ridiculous how far down the card the title has fallen since Edge retired. Putting it on Cena will give more credibility to the belt than anyone who's held it over the last couple of years. Maybe it will lead to a title unification match at Mania against Punk or Bryan?

BloodoftheKings
10-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Everyone keeps saying they need to make the WHC important again but I think having 2 titles of equal importance when the brands aren't separate is a stupid idea. They really should just do a unification match already and then maybe make the US or IC more important.

XDoomsayerX
10-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Cena vs Bryan WHC/WWE Title unification match at WM, make it happen WWE!

adamclark52
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah but guys, having the World Heavyweight Championship on Cena and then having a title unification match at Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan will only lead to one thing: Cena winning again. And do you really want to see that?

I agree with unifying the titles. But believe me it will lead to Cena coming out of the main-event of Wrestlemania champion.

Maideneer
10-08-2013, 05:03 AM
I think there need's to be a gimmick unification PPV.

Jinder Mahal vs someone who will beat him which causes 3MB to break up and Mahal to join forces with Khali as a tag team. They can call them The Help Desk. Drew McIntyre can join forces with Wade Barrett (where's he been btw?) and name themselves Tea & Crumpets. Maybe Regal can join them too.

Heath Slater can go backwoods (he is from WV and still has the accent) and join the Wyatt Family somehow.

Now that would be fun and original.

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 07:04 AM
I think there need's to be a gimmick unification PPV.

Jinder Mahal vs someone who will beat him which causes 3MB to break up and Mahal to join forces with Khali as a tag team. They can call them The Help Desk. Drew McIntyre can join forces with Wade Barrett (where's he been btw?) and name themselves Tea & Crumpets. Maybe Regal can join them too.

Heath Slater can go backwoods (he is from WV and still has the accent) and join the Wyatt Family somehow.

Now that would be fun and original.

Jesus Christ. Don't give creative any ideas.

dcmetal108
10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
So I tried watching a free old stream of Sundays PPV.

Why was Ziggler the dark match?

Couldn't even get through the first match with RVD vs Del Rio. So fucking boring! Plus whats the angle where Del Rios guy is with RVD.

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 08:55 AM

Couldn't even get through the first match with RVD vs Del Rio. So fucking boring! Plus whats the angle where Del Rios guy is with RVD.

All I've heard about Battleground is that it was bad.

Sanitarium78
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM

Screw why Ziggler is in the pre-show match, why is Damien Sandow, the current money in the bank holder in the pre-show match and not doing anything relevant? Ziggler is in the perfect spot as show curtain jerker. He's got a decent enough fan base and sells well enough in the ring to get the crowd pumped up right away.

The reason Ricardo was with RVD was because he split from Del Rio and to piss him off he sided with RVD who was challenging Del Rio for the world midcard championship.

The PPV wasn't that good and i'm glad I didn't have the extra money to go to it since it was here in Buffalo. They've done a good job building a couple of the feuds currently but most of the show was just thrown together at the last minute.

BloodoftheKings
10-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah but guys, having the World Heavyweight Championship on Cena and then having a title unification match at Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan will only lead to one thing: Cena winning again. And do you really want to see that?

I agree with unifying the titles. But believe me it will lead to Cena coming out of the main-event of Wrestlemania champion.

I know "cenawinslol" but why can't Bryan win that match. I also think it's likely they would do a triple threat with Orton, who would be the WWE champion.

Jinder Mahal vs someone who will beat him which causes 3MB to break up and Mahal to join forces with Khali as a tag team. They can call them The Help Desk.

:lol:

Couldn't even get through the first match with RVD vs Del Rio. So fucking boring!

I thought that match was actually pretty decent.

All I've heard about Battleground is that it was bad.

Supposedly people were chanting that they wanted refunds after it ended. There was a couple good matches but the ending was really stupid.

John The Drummer
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I watched a small bit of Raw last night and got stoked when Ricardo Rodriguez was going to face Del Rio...... then they did the usual "youre a manager and can only win by having someone take your opponents attention so you can get the quick roll up"

Ive watched some of Ricardos matches and hes great in the ring! Such a failed opportunity at shocking everyone....oh wait, thats WWE for ya!

adamclark52
10-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I think Cena would end up being the unified champion based on the fact that I've heard ratings have been shit the last couple months and who's been gone for a couple months? Oh, Cena. So they'll blame the low ratings on Daniel Bryan "not being a draw" (even if it's other reasons) and give the belt and spotlight back to old reliable. I'm not saying that's what I want but it's what they'll do. Go back to what works.

dcmetal108
10-09-2013, 03:50 AM
They should put the belt back on Punk, I mean the ratings were great when he had it.

Sanitarium78
10-09-2013, 05:38 AM
They should put the belt back on Punk, I mean the ratings were great when he had it.

What are you talking about? The rating's were just as low at this time last year. I remember them hitting some all time lows for RAW a few times last fall.

It has nothing to do with Bryan not being a draw or if Cena is there or not. RAW cannot compete with monday night football and the MLB playoffs in october. The show just hasn't been consistently exciting enough over the last several years to get fans to watch over the NFL.

XDoomsayerX
10-09-2013, 10:27 AM
What are you talking about? The rating's were just as low at this time last year. I remember them hitting some all time lows for RAW a few times last fall.

It has nothing to do with Bryan not being a draw or if Cena is there or not. RAW cannot compete with monday night football and the MLB playoffs in october. The show just hasn't been consistently exciting enough over the last several years to get fans to watch over the NFL.

The WWE is plain dumb if they think they can compete with MLB,NFL, or NBA.

adamclark52
10-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Of course it has nothing to do with Bryan being a draw or Cena being there or not. But they need a scapegoat and they have something against Bryan. Therefore they'll blame him not being a draw for the reason that ratings are down and Battleground getting low buys.

BloodoftheKings
10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
http://youtu.be/ihczF88YjYs?t=4m

John The Drummer
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
http://youtu.be/ihczF88YjYs?t=4m

A NEW BOTCHAMANIA, WOO!!!

On another note... this is pretty crazy!.... (in an "awww" kind of way)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4vwZNhH8

Sanitarium78
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
On another note... this is pretty crazy!.... (in an "awww" kind of way)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4vwZNhH8

Perfectly acceptable reaction to meeting the goddess that is Lita. I still got a copy of that Lita video on VHS lying around my house somewhere.

dcmetal108
10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
That Botchamania was fucking hysterical.

adamclark52
10-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Shaniqua mad.

XDoomsayerX
10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Jesus Christ are the Bellas useless -___-

rjturtle9
10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Jesus Christ are the Bellas useless -___-

The backstage segment right?! My god that was horrible.

adamclark52
10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I've felt nothing towards the Bellas since their debut, which I consider one of the stupidest in WWE history (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD3hyqvddiA). That was at the hight of the WWE's stupid-cartoon-era (Hornswoggle, Carlito). When they left I was all like "whatever". And when they came back I was all like "whatever, which one got her boobs done?"

BloodoftheKings
10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
The backstage segment right?! My god that was horrible.

[Brie and Nikki heard screaming behind the door]
Bryan: WHERE IS HE!?
Brie: I don't know.

XDoomsayerX
10-14-2013, 09:16 PM
[Brie and Nikki heard screaming behind the door]
Bryan: WHERE IS HE!?
Brie: I don't know.

For reals, that segment was beyond bad. They should stay off tv and especially away from D-bry stuff.

BloodoftheKings
10-14-2013, 09:20 PM
On a positive note I've discovered the smackyoutv classics channel today and it's a good time killer. Watching Summerslam 04 right now.

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-14-2013, 10:54 PM
BAH GAWD KING! BAH GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLDUST AND CODY ARE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John The Drummer
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Oh shit they did!? That's pretty cool.... kinda dumb.... but cool at the same time. At least WWE is actually doing something with the titles.

On another note, I watched a small bit of RAW, as usual, and was really amazed at the D-Bry vs ADR match. I normally cannot stand ADR, but those two work GREAT together!

Sanitarium78
10-15-2013, 12:29 PM
I've felt nothing towards the Bellas since their debut, which I consider one of the stupidest in WWE history (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD3hyqvddiA). That was at the hight of the WWE's stupid-cartoon-era (Hornswoggle, Carlito). When they left I was all like "whatever". And when they came back I was all like "whatever, which one got her boobs done?"

What a minute, Victoria and Natalya had an alliance together? I don't recall this at all. What's really sad is when they show Carlito and Primo towards the end and it makes you realize that Primo still has a job with the WWE while Carlito doesn't. That's not cool.

dcmetal108
10-15-2013, 07:33 PM
I would destroy Natalya.

Sanitarium78
10-16-2013, 06:54 AM
I would destroy Natalya.

On the off chance that ever happens, she would destroy you first:lol:

If any of the total divas beat AJ I hope it's Natalya. It's strange how long she's been with the company now without them ever really giving her a long term push. They start and stop things with her so many times it's ridiculous. They've given her some really stupid and embarrassing things to do on TV to. I just don't get it.

dcmetal108
10-16-2013, 08:28 AM

If any of the total divas beat AJ I hope it's Natalya. It's strange how long she's been with the company now without them ever really giving her a long term push. They start and stop things with her so many times it's ridiculous. They've given her some really stupid and embarrassing things to do on TV to. I just don't get it.

No one will top AJ, remember she the most popular diva.

adamclark52
10-16-2013, 08:36 AM
What a minute, Victoria and Natalya had an alliance together? I don't recall this at all. What's really sad is when they show Carlito and Primo towards the end and it makes you realize that Primo still has a job with the WWE while Carlito doesn't. That's not cool.

It was from 2007-2010, not worth remembering.

BloodoftheKings
10-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Big E Langston turned face on Smackdown last night. Hopefully this means he's getting some kind of push.

John The Drummer
10-16-2013, 11:53 AM

the fart gimmick .....

Sanitarium78
10-16-2013, 04:00 PM
the fart gimmick .....

Yep, that and her being The Great Khali's valet. Such a waste of time. That farting thing they had her do was just about the worst thing I've seen in my almost 30 years of watching wrestling. Don't get me wrong, I like a good bodily function joke as much as anybody, but it was completely pointless. I've seen some dumb ass shit in wrestling but that ranks up at the top of the list. How do you even think something like that up? I don't mind some comedy in wrestling but that stuff just wasn't funny. It did more to damage and embarrass Natalya than anything else.

Maideneer
10-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Random undercard thoughts:

Why does Tons of Funk have the cheerleaders? If anything, PTP should have them, to complete the athlete theme. Brodus Loser needs to be dropped from the roster and Tensai needs his former role back, just more vicious. There's so many other roster members that can go to local hospitals and cheer up kids, bye bye Brodus.

Aksana needs more air time ASAP. She got a new hairdo and she is SMOKING. Push this woman now.

Way too much R-Truth right now. He's really boring and I mute the TV every time he enters because I can't stand JBL yelling WHAT'S UP over the speakers.

More Zack Ryder is always needed.

And on the "where are they" notes, does anyone have status updates on the whereabouts for these people?

Wade Barrett
Mark Henry
Kane

BloodoftheKings
10-16-2013, 06:26 PM
And on the "where are they" notes, does anyone have status updates on the whereabouts for these people?

Wade Barrett
Mark Henry
Kane

Kane took time off because they're filming a sequel to that shitty movie he was in. I don't know about the other two.

adamclark52
10-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I think Wade Barrett is getting repackaged. And Mark Henry; probably injured again.

Sanitarium78
10-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Mark Henry has an injured hamstring and Barrett has had visa issues so he can't go back to the US and work until that is sorted out. I read an interview with Barrett online where he mentioned that's why he hasn't been around for the last month.

I'm all in favor of more Aksana on TV but just make her a valet. Even with the low standards there are for women's wrestling, she is just atrocious in the ring. Women being just managers can still work today. Summer Rae is doing a great job being in Fandango's corner. It's the only thing about him worth watching.

Bray Wyatt is also injured. He bruised his calf muscle at a house show last weekend. I guess he'll just sit in his rocking chair and cut promos for the next few weeks while he heals up. I'm perfectly fine with that.

BloodoftheKings
10-16-2013, 08:02 PM
When are they gonna bring up that girl Paige from NXT? She might actually make divas matches worth watching.

John The Drummer
10-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Actually watched a good amount of SmackDown for the first time who knows how long. Was impressed, but mainly because they had CM Punk, The Shield, The Rhodes' and D-Bry on it.

Might start tuning in more if they have people worth watching on more often :)

John The Drummer
10-20-2013, 03:45 PM
I recently saw Drew McIntyre (sp?) in a match, and call me crazy, but that dude has the image of a champion. Get him out of 3MB, brush up his in ring skills, and give that dude some more lime light.

Sanitarium78
10-20-2013, 04:20 PM
I recently saw Drew McIntyre (sp?) in a match, and call me crazy, but that dude has the image of a champion. Get him out of 3MB, brush up his in ring skills, and give that dude some more lime light.

I guess you weren't watching 3-4 years ago when he debuted and got a really good midcard push and was IC champ a couple times. He was even endorsed by Vince on TV and his gimmick was "The Chosen One". Drew was just a straight up heatless ass kicker in the gimmick. He still needed to sharpen his in ring and mic skills a bit more but the star potential with him was obvious. For some reason they stopped pushing him, jobbed him out and then started this 3MB nonsense.

He also had a awesome entrance theme during his Chosen One gimmick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY0PxoilxzM

Here's a video compilation of what he can do in the ring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPLqKuYd9t4

John The Drummer
10-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Nope, it was a recent match! I dunno why, but him with super long hair (not in a ponytail) and shit just makes him look like he could be a bigger star.

John The Drummer
10-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Here is what I am referring to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagxqqWn9e0

dcmetal108
10-21-2013, 07:58 AM
About the "WWE 2K14" Downloadable Content Program*

The "WWE 2K14" downloadable content program is scheduled to include the following items, which will be available on the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox 360 and on PlayStation Network for the PlayStation3 system:

Content Group #1 – nWo Pack and Accelerator:

Playable New World Order (nWo)-themed Superstars: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Syxx, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner and The Giant;
Accelerator: Enables players to unlock all in-game items, as well as customize individual WWE Superstar attributes:
The nWo Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99
The Giant will be available free of charge
The Accelerator will be available for a suggested purchase cost of $1.99
The Accelerator is currently scheduled for release on launch day – Oct. 29, 2013, in North America and Nov. 1, 2013, internationally;
The nWo Pack is currently scheduled for worldwide release in Nov. 2013.

Content Group #2 – WWE Superstars and Moves Pack:

WWE Superstars: Fandango and Big E Langston
WWE Divas: Brie Bella, Nikki Bella and Summer Rae
Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves and taunts, including the Black Widow (made popular by AJ Lee) and the Koji Clutch (made popular by CM Punk):
WWE Superstars and Divas, along with the Moves Pack, will be available for a suggested purchase cost of $7.99
Summer Rae will be available free of charge
All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in Dec. 2013.

Content Group #3 – WWE Legends and Creations Pack:

WWE Hall of Famers: Bruno Sammartino and “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes
Legendary WWE Superstars: “Ravishing” Rick Rude and Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Playable Superstar: WWE Manager and pop culture icon Virgil
Custom Superstar Parts Pack: 15 new Superstar parts to utilize for the most creative freedom in WWE Games history:
WWE Legends and the Creations Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99
Virgil will be available free of charge
All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in Jan. 2014.

Not a bad list of wrestlers for DLC.

also huge :lol: towards "WWE Manager and pop culture icon Virgil"

John The Drummer
10-21-2013, 12:05 PM
That nWo pack looks awesome! Surprised there are no Wyatt's.... and wtf, the Bella's weren't already in the game? Odd.

JRA
10-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Cool, now I can job all of nWo to Bryan Danielson, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio.

dcmetal108
10-21-2013, 08:25 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1375872_532609766826690_1691277923_n.jpg

Thats a pic taken right before the main event at the TNA PPV Bound For Glory last night.

Bound For Glory is TNA's Wrestlemania.

John The Drummer
10-22-2013, 03:14 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1375872_532609766826690_1691277923_n.jpg

Thats a pic taken right before the main event at the TNA PPV Bound For Glory last night.

Bound For Glory is TNA's Wrestlemania.

Yikes... :(

BloodoftheKings
10-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I actually watched a little bit of BfG. I forgot how bad TNA is. Some of the matches featuring their top guys weren't even as good as the average Raw match.

Sanitarium78
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
TNA has been fucking awful this year. Which is really sad because 2012 was easily the best year the company had in a long time, if not ever. It's like they only had about a years worth of good ideas after Russo got fired and now they don't have a clue what to do with anyone.

Their biggest problem is their lack of marketing and booking arenas that are way too big for them to fill. Bound For Glory was held in an arena that sits around 13,000 from what I read. What the hell are the people in charge thinking? No wonder the company is losing money and looking to move back to the Impact zone for their TV tapings again. The company is nowhere near as big as they think they are. Unfortunately, it took leaving the Impact zone for their weekly TV tapings for them to realize that.

There are plenty of small to mid sized venues they could book and fill up respectably. It wouldn't cost them as much to tape Impact at these venues and it would save a ton of money. They also never have Impact tapings in NYC, Philly, Boston, Detroit, Toronto and Montreal. Places that have always been wrestling hot towns they completely ignore. They need to take a look at how Ring Of Honor books their shows. They book small gyms and convention halls for their shows and they do just fine. They know who they are and what they're capable of. Hopefully, TNA can figure that out before it's too late, but with an idiot like Dixie Carter running things, that probably won't happen.

Maideneer
10-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm sure that was just the non-TV side ;)

XDoomsayerX
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Was that PPV any good?
TNA has loads of talent and sometimes I'll watch some of their matches but like WWE, actually worse currently, their storylines are shit. I saw AJ Styles cut some 'Pipe Bomb' promos my god is he a bore on the mic. Also their new PPV system is kind whack they have these random themed PPVs that are taped way in advance o_O

Lastly, HIAC PPV seems like another PPV to ignore.

adamclark52
10-23-2013, 05:29 AM
TNA has to get over trying to compete with the WWE. You have to work hard and earn the success they have. It takes forty years to fill huge stadiums. Dixie and whoever else is in charge seems to think that having a wrestling company is all you need to fill places up. They'll go back to the Impact Zone and be fine for a few years. Then they'll think they're a big promotion and go out and fail again.

That picture is sad. It reminds me of WCW circa-2001.

adamclark52
10-23-2013, 05:31 AM
And from what I heard the PPV was not good. The main event however, got great reviews.

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Alright help me decide peeps.

Tomorrow is our Comic Con and Brett Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Virgil :lol: , and Mexican Hernandez.

Now I will only be able to meet two cause I don't have that much money to go around. For damn sure I am meeting Brett but idk who the other is.

Hall, Pac, or Nash? Which one guys :-?

rjturtle9
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM

Tomorrow is our Comic Con and Brett Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Virgil :lol: , and Mexican Hernandez.

Now I will only be able to meet two cause I don't have that much money to go around. For damn sure I am meeting Brett but idk who the other is.

Scott Hall, although I personally would never pay money to take pictures with people.

dcmetal108
10-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Nash. Nash was really nice when I bet him. X-Pac is nice too. I'd love to meet Steiner, Bagwell, and Norton.

JRA
10-24-2013, 09:13 AM

Fuck all three of em. Meet Scott Steiner, and ask him to say you got some fatasses.

Sanitarium78
10-24-2013, 10:31 AM
I would go with Hall or Nash. Scott Steiner could be fun if you can get him to go off on one of his crazy rants.

The only wrestler I would make an exception to meet now would be The Undertaker. Meeting these guys isn't that big of a deal though. Usually you get an autograph and/or pic with them and maybe you say a few words to each other and it's over. Not worth the time and money unless it's someone you really like or you're one of those wrestling obsessed fans.

adamclark52
10-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Meet Virgil and make sure a ton of people get a picture of you with him. Then the photos will make the rounds on the internet and you'll be know as the guy who actually got a picture with Virgil.

But honestly I'd go with Nash. I've heard he's actually a really nice/cool guy.

John The Drummer
10-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Virgil.

dcmetal108
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I would go with Hall or Nash. Scott Steiner could be fun if you can get him to go off on one of his crazy rants.

The only wrestler I would make an exception to meet now would be The Undertaker. Meeting these guys isn't that big of a deal though. Usually you get an autograph and/or pic with them and maybe you say a few words to each other and it's over. Not worth the time and money unless it's someone you really like or you're one of those wrestling obsessed fans.

You'll never meet Taker. His contract prohibits it.

BloodoftheKings
10-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Scott Steiner could be fun if you can get him to go off on one of his crazy rants.

FAAAAAAAAAT ASSES

Sanitarium78
10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
You'll never meet Taker. His contract prohibits it.

That must be something new. I've seen video clips of him at the wrestlemania fan axcess singing things before. I'm talking about ten or so years ago when he was still wrestling full time. Things maybe different now when it comes to that since he only works one match a year.

I know I will never meet him. He's my favorite wrestler of all time but I really have no desire to meet him unless the opportunity to do it was too good to pass up.

John The Drummer
10-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Turned on TNA last night... and fell asleep :lol:

Sanitarium78
10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Turned on TNA last night... and fell asleep :lol:

That was a bad show. Way too many talking segments. At least they tried to salvage it with the AJ Styles/Bully Ray world title rematch. They really need to get their shit together and find a way to get back in the direction they were going in 2012.

I don't even think Austin Aries was on last night. It can't be an episode of Impact if he's not on.

BloodoftheKings
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Do any of you know of this wrestler named UltraMantis Black? He formed a hardcore band with members of Pissed Jeans and it sounds like it's gonna be a cool project.

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Man Comic Con has been awesome the past two days. The NWO panel was so much fun to watch. Hearing them talk about matches, backstage, who they hated to wrestle, and all the road stories was just so great.

I got to give to DDP man cause Scott Hall looks amazing. Dude stole the show for sure with his stories. It's just awesome to see him not fucked up you know? I hope he can keep it up.

Didn't pay for autographs or anything haha. Just went up to them all and shook their hands and talked with some for a bit. X-Pac was so awesome cause he didn't give a shit about you paying to take a pic with him or get shit signed. Dude was just taking pics with anyone who wanted one. Was cool as fuck to talk to as well. Got to talk with Hall for a bit as well and told him how awesome it was to see him looking fit and good. He said he's never felt better in his life and that he wants it to stay this way. So hopefully he keeps it up.

adamclark52
10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
I CALL BULLSHIT.

I never even got a chance to post my thoughts on Cena winning the World Heavyweight Championship. I was going to say that it was good and bad. Good because his winning the title would elevate it back to a respectable level. And good because if a lower card guy (like Damien Sandow) could beat him for it it would elevate them too. But bad because I could see him facing Orton in a title unification match he would ultimately win. And bad because I know the WWE doesn't consider a guy like Sandow on the same level as Cena, so if he were to cash in I could've seen him losing.

And before I could post it Sandow cashes in, dominates Cena, gets hotter than hell in the process...and loses. FUCKING BULLSHIT. It's days like these that I fucking hate the WWE and their eternal push of Cena.

Maideneer
10-29-2013, 04:58 AM
He sells merch and tickets. That's #1 priority to them, ALWAYS. Don't you think they're afraid of live events turning into that pic of TNA we saw above? I doubt it will happen, but it seems like they are just making sure.

I like Sandow too, and I like PTP, Ryder, Drew McIntyre, Barrett, Ambrose, Cesaro, and even Heath Slater is good. But this roster is so way overloaded with undercards and is so bottom heavy they need to rethink this approach.

They almost need to trim the fat, bring back genuine jobbers to not bury genuine talent and give good pushes to the best of the best.

Maideneer
10-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Interesting article, I love metrics like this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/much-wrestling-wwe-raw-may-surprised-142700204--spt.html

Sanitarium78
10-29-2013, 05:50 AM
That Sandow cash in was strange. It's rare they book someone to look strong but also look like a chump at the same time. Sandow and Cena put on a pretty good match and Sandow looked decent even in defeat. But when you factor in the sneak attack on Cena's injured arm and the fact that Sandow couldn't put him away in a long match, Sandow really comes out looking bad in the end.

That's the huge issue with the MITB winner. They sometimes give to guys who can be main eventers like Sandow, but they just aren't quite at that level yet. There's also times where they give it to people who should never be main eventers. Ziggler, Swagger and The Miz come immediately to mind. I like Sandow but I thought it was too soon for him to win the MITB. I think he could benefit more from having a good run with the IC or US title first before becoming world champ. Maybe that's just the old school fan in me talking but that's one of the things midcard titles were used for back in the day.

JRA
10-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Boy is the internet not happy about this Bryan angle.

adamclark52
10-29-2013, 08:10 AM
He sells merch and tickets. That's #1 priority to them, ALWAYS. Don't you think they're afraid of live events turning into that pic of TNA we saw above? I doubt it will happen, but it seems like they are just making sure.

I like Sandow too, and I like PTP, Ryder, Drew McIntyre, Barrett, Ambrose, Cesaro, and even Heath Slater is good. But this roster is so way overloaded with undercards and is so bottom heavy they need to rethink this approach.

They almost need to trim the fat, bring back genuine jobbers to not bury genuine talent and give good pushes to the best of the best.

You hit the nail on the head, I'm just fucking tired of it. I'm not made that he cashed in and lost. If he had of cashed in and lost to Alberto Del Rio, or CM Punk or Orton I'd be applauding the WWE for doing something different. It's just why is it ALWAYS Cena?

That said, if MitB was around in the late 1990's and someone tried to cash in on Stone Cold they'd have lost. And if someone tried to cash in on Triple H circa 2002-2005 they wouldn't have had a chance. But that never happened, this always does. I didn't even watch Raw, if watched the video posted on WWE.com of the match. But that five minutes reminded me why I never watch any more.

I'd imagine this is how wrestling fans from the 1960's and 1970's felt in the 1980's when Hogan and Hulkamania was going strong.

adamclark52
10-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Boy is the internet not happy about this Bryan angle.

I think they've dragged it out too long and he's lost a lot of steam. The thing I'm most unhappy about is the prospect of Shawn Micheals coming back for a match. I'd prefer guys to stay retired. Especially when they get a good send-off like he did. If he comes back once he'll keep coming back and he'll be no better than Ric Flair or Terry Funk.

But if he does come back it just shows that the WWE has no faith in their young talent and they have to bring back another "part timer" to fill seats. Just like last years Wrestlemania, and probably this years too.

The WWE may be in more trouble than you think when it comes to the future. They're fine now because those guys can still go but in ten years HBK, the Undertaker and so on won't be able to go, period. Wrestlemania XXX will be fine and probably Wrestlemanias XXXI thru XXXIV, but what are they going to do come Wrestlamania XXXIX?

JRA
10-29-2013, 08:31 AM
While HBK vs. Bryan Danielson would put on a hell of a clinic, he shouldn't come back unless it's against The Rock.

Sanitarium78
10-29-2013, 08:55 AM
While HBK vs. Bryan Danielson would put on a hell of a clinic, he shouldn't come back unless it's against The Rock.

Why? So we can see the Rock put on another piss poor match like the ones he did with Punk and Cena last year, no thanks. If HBK returned for a match with Bryan at wrestlemainia you know damn well he would get himself into good enough shape to put on another great match. If he returned, HBK would without a doubt make the match the best it could be. He has a better chance of doing that with Bryan then he does with The Rock. Plus, the storyline is already there with Bryan and HBK. What kind of story could they come up with that would make him come out of retirement to face the Rock? If Bryan goes over HBK in a match it would make Bryan an untouchable star in the company. The Rock and HBK gain nothing if one beats the other.

The WWE completely fucked up all the build up they gave Bryan over the last few months by not giving him the belt. It's been awhile since a face was as over and hot as Bryan has been these last six months or so. For them to completely ignore that and not cash in on a Bryan title run is just down right stupid and really shows how out of touch Vince has become. But I guess it's that time to push Boreton again because 10 boring world title reigns wasn't enough for him already.

No matter what Vince thinks or does, Randy Orton is just never gonna be the guy like he's always wanted him to be since he first debuted ten years ago. He's just too boring.

dcmetal108
10-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Following the Hell in a Cell PPV last night, Ryback posted the following on Twitter…

"Hey here is an idea. How about you guys find 3 things u enjoyed about HIAC and be happy. Being miserable sucks I get it ur fat, but just try"
— Ryback (@Ryback22) October 28, 2013

ORIGINAL REPORT FROM EWN: There is reportedly a lot of heat on Ryback from WWE over the last month. There is a feeling backstage that Ryback's in-ring work has regressed. In addition, many WWE officials apparently feel that Ryback is becoming more of a danger in the ring for his opponents and has been roughing up other workers, such as CM Punk.

Another reason that Ryback has heat is because his recent media appearance have not gone as well as planned. There are reportedly talks that Ryback acts like he does not want to be at the events and is hard to deal with. One source says his "ego has gone through the roof" during the past several months. Another source says that Ryback looks constantly "annoyed" when making appearances for WWE.

There are reports that Vince McMahon is considering taking Paul Heyman off of Ryback, so Heyman can work with another wrestler. A quote that was said about Ryback is "the bloom is off the rose" unless he can turn things around.

That's from the page that I get all my wrestling news and TNA downfall pics from.

Looks like Ryback is a huge douche. I say let Ryback face Lesner so Lesner can show him what really being in pain is like.

Also Ryback has almost zero fan support anymore. Dude is dead.

dcmetal108
10-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Why? So we can see the Rock put on another piss poor match like the ones he did with Punk and Cena last year, no thanks. If HBK returned for a match with Bryan at wrestlemainia you know damn well he would get himself into good enough shape to put on another great match. If he returned, HBK would without a doubt make the match the best it could be. He has a better chance of doing that with Bryan then he does with The Rock. Plus, the storyline is already there with Bryan and HBK. What kind of story could they come up with that would make him come out of retirement to face the Rock? If Bryan goes over HBK in a match it would make Bryan an untouchable star in the company. The Rock and HBK gain nothing if one beats the other.

The WWE completely fucked up all the build up they gave Bryan over the last few months by not giving him the belt. It's been awhile since a face was as over and hot as Bryan has been these last six months or so. For them to completely ignore that and not cash in on a Bryan title run is just down right stupid and really shows how out of touch Vince has become. But I guess it's that time to push Boreton again because 10 boring world title reigns wasn't enough for him already.

No matter what Vince thinks or does, Randy Orton is just never gonna be the guy like he's always wanted him to be since he first debuted ten years ago. He's just too boring.

This. I LOVE Orton as a wrestler but the guy doesn't have the personality to be top dog. I get that they keep him up high because he's huge with the crowd but when you have guys like Punk, Daniel, Ziggy, and even Cena who have mic skills and such it makes no sense.

And also don't even count on Rock being back for Wrestlemania. Reports are that there are no plans for him to be back in WWE for it.

adamclark52
10-29-2013, 09:02 AM

Yeah I agree that HBK vs. the Rock really would make no sense since I don't think they've ever even been in the same arena together. But, when does shit have to make sense to the WWE. It would put asses in seats.

If HBK was to come back I'd want to see him go against three people. Bryan because it would be a hell of a match. The Undertaker because it would be a hell of a match. And Triple H because of the backstory.

But I'll keep saying "stay retired HBK" until two weeks from now when they announce he's wrestling as a part of Team Triple H at Survivor Series.

XDoomsayerX
10-29-2013, 10:04 AM
HBK better stay retired, its lame when wrestlers come back from retirement.
Seriously though WWE has the talent to make top stars Vince needs to just take a damn chance. If they blame no Cena recently for low ratings god are they dumb. Mlb playoffs have been on and football are big factors :tp: Ambrose, Bryan, Cesaro, Big E, Sandow, Rollins, Cody. Also Ziggy gets mad pops when used right. These nigs can all be huge! I didnt watch HIAC nor Raw but reading the highlights just sounds lame. Super Cena and Orton champs again, been there done that to death. On a positive note I read HIAC and RAW had some great wrestling though.

John The Drummer
10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Raw was ok for the 90 minutes that I caught (switching between that and Big Bang Theory :) )

It's great they are giving Tamina Snuka more time as AJ's right hand... woman. Those two seem to be the only women right now that are actually talented in the ring and not just "OMG LOOK AT US WE ARE SO CUTE!!!" Also good that they are doing more with the Wyatt's and making them seem more active and not just another 3MB or Fandango. Sure, they could do a lot more with them, but it's great that they are getting more than a quick build up, then big drop (ryback).

Kane also came back, and after his match he took off his mask and gave it to Stephanie.... I didn't catch what was said though....so not sure what that meant.... kinda lame though....

dcmetal108
10-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I still don't see why the Wyatts are popular.

hinder5050
10-29-2013, 09:35 PM

because they are errie and different they make me think to the time when hung people on a cross and that was the first time i really started watching and second whats up with them botching sandow and third the storyline of daniel bryan and tripple h is pissing me off pretty bad:bouville:

adamclark52
10-29-2013, 11:07 PM

The wrestling show I listen to on Sirius XM was popping huge for them once their first vingette aired up until they made their debut. I swear they were building it up like it was the second coming. Then they made their debut and even that show stopped talking about them. Granted, that debut didn't go over too well. The crowd chanting "Husky Harris" really killed it. And a feud with Kane isn't anything to get excited about. Let's face it, Kane is just a stepping stone at this point. When I saw the vigettes I thought they were really cool but didn't know how it would transcend to wrestling. And I guess it really hasn't.

But, it looks like they went after CM Punk Monday so that could be a step in a very good direction. From what I've heard Bray Wyatt is a very good wrestler and good on the mic, so the back and forth between him and Punk could be epic.

John The Drummer
10-30-2013, 11:38 AM

They're a great throwback to when wrestling was good.... when people had CHARACTERS. When they acted a role, and not just "Hi I'm Joe Somebody and I want to fight you for the title" or "Hi, I'm Jim Peters and I don't support you, so I want to fight you".

I have grown quite bored of a majority of the current wrestlers and how they're just "People". I don't want cartoon charaters like Los Matadoras, but characters that put on a great performance and know how to act their part.

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
They're a great throwback to when wrestling was good.... when people had CHARACTERS. When they acted a role, and not just "Hi I'm Joe Somebody and I want to fight you for the title" or "Hi, I'm Jim Peters and I don't support you, so I want to fight you".

I have grown quite bored of a majority of the current wrestlers and how they're just "People". I don't want cartoon charaters like Los Matadoras, but characters that put on a great performance and know how to act their part.

Fuck you! El Torito is awesome :lol:

John The Drummer
10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Fuck you! El Torito is awesome :lol:

:finger:

I will admit, Primo and Epi.... I mean Fernando and other guy are GREAT in the ring, but they don't need that gimmicK!!!!

Someone will probably point out that I am talking in circles, but it's hard to put into words. We just need more characters that are fun and enjoyable for everyone and not just a select crowd.

BloodoftheKings
10-30-2013, 04:43 PM
HOLY SHIT :O

1st Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane
WrestleMania 21 · April 3, 2005

JESUS CHRISTO :O

Maybe when the DVD comes out they will do one of two things.

1) blank out his name and just blur his face.

2)CGI another wrestler in his spot.

Someone on 4chan just posted about this dvd and I remembered it coming up in this thread. He said they cut out Benoit's intro and every mention of him in the commentary.

adamclark52
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
What Benoit did was terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. But it's really too bad that his legacy got completely fucked. He had such a great year in 2004 and it's just been written off and erased. Do I blame the WWE? No, I wouldn't want to be in any way associated with him either. But so much great material is lost now. It just makes me sad.

Especially when they release Wrestlemania XX and Triple H doesn't tap to anyone anymore.

Sanitarium78
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
What Benoit did was terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. But it's really too bad that his legacy got completely fucked. He had such a great year in 2004 and it's just been written off and erased. Do I blame the WWE? No, I wouldn't want to be in any way associated with him either. But so much great material is lost now. It just makes me sad.

Especially when they release Wrestlemania XX and Triple H doesn't tap to anyone anymore.

Benoit winning the world title at maina 20 was one of the last times I can recall where something happened in wrestling that made me stand up and cheer while watching it in my living room. I remember he had Triple H in the crossface for so long I didn't think he was going to tap at all. I remember while Trips was in the crossface my dad, brother and I were all screaming at the TV "TAP YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! TAP!!!"

The embrace between Benoit and Eddie after the match was awesome. I will admit that when I've watched that in recent years I get a little choked up. Eddie's title win the month before and Benoit's at wrestlemaina 20 were easily two of the most emotional world title wins you will ever see. That's the problem now, there isn't too much to get emotionally invested in with today's WWE. They had something close with Daniel Bryan but they blew that by not giving him the belt and letting him run with it.

adamclark52
10-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Benoit winning the world title at maina 20 was one of the last times I can recall where something happened in wrestling that made me stand up and cheer while watching it in my living room. I remember he had Triple H in the crossface for so long I didn't think he was going to tap at all. I remember while Trips was in the crossface my dad, brother and I were all screaming at the TV "TAP YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! TAP!!!"

The embrace between Benoit and Eddie after the match was awesome. I will admit that when I've watched that in recent years I get a little choked up. Eddie's title win the month before and Benoit's at wrestlemaina 20 were easily two of the most emotional world title wins you will ever see. That's the problem now, there isn't too much to get emotionally invested in with today's WWE. They had something close with Daniel Bryan but they blew that by not giving him the belt and letting him run with it.

I watched Wrestlemania XX in a packed theater and everyone was going apeshit at the end of that match. And the visual of him and Eddie at the end is one of the greatest images in wrestling, period. Not the current era, not the last thirty years, period. And now it's had to have been erased.

And even worse is so many good matches are lost. It's not like he was ever a low card guy and a PPV would be fine without his matches. He was always in a main-event or high profile match.

And he was the last guy I ever thought would end up like that. Without sounding crude, guys like Eddie Guerrero, Bryan Adams, Bam Bam Bigelow...they really didn't surprise me when they went. But Benoit was a guy who I thought was a stand up guy with a good head on his shoulders. A guy who would be wrestling for ten or fifteen more years and then retire comfortably into a backstage role. WWE for life, basically.

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-31-2013, 01:07 PM
What also sucks is that match isn't part of the 30 years of Wrestlemania in WWE 2k14. I would have loved to have relived that match in the game cause they show the highlight package and story before the match and post celebration afterwards. Would have been awesome to see that in the game :'(

JRA
10-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Kevin Nash "lol death of the business shortmen can't draw"

John The Drummer
10-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually watched about 1/4 of Main Event last night..... Kofi vs Ryback..... those looked like some stiff shots from Kofi :eyes:

Sanitarium78
11-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Actually watched about 1/4 of Main Event last night..... Kofi vs Ryback..... those looked like some stiff shots from Kofi :eyes:

I've read that the powers that be have soured on Ryback a lot recently. Supposedly they think he's regressed in the ring. Maybe Kofi was told to make his shots stiffer than usual because of that? In Ryback's defense, they've jobbed the guy out so badly since wrestlemania, it's understandable that he may not want to improve too much since they've shown no faith in him.

dcmetal108
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I've read that the powers that be have soured on Ryback a lot recently. Supposedly they think he's regressed in the ring. Maybe Kofi was told to make his shots stiffer than usual because of that? In Ryback's defense, they've jobbed the guy out so badly since wrestlemania, it's understandable that he may not want to improve too much since they've shown no faith in him.

Read the big post I made like two days ago.

BloodoftheKings
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Ryback really is pretty boring in the ring. I wouldn't mind if he gets buried.

There seems to be some debate on the internet about whether Sandow is getting buried or if the failed MitB cash-in was the beginning of his push. I hope it's the latter. I don't even see how you can bury him any further, he hasn't won any matches since he won MitB.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Holy shit Kharma lost a lot of weight O_O need to get on that DDP Yoga :lol:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/syn_marc666/63f61549423bfb7748359f45b3ed8430_1024_zpsead2b85e. jpg

John The Drummer
11-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow! Thats crazy. Good for her. She was pretty big, and didn't she have a kid as well? Wonder if she'll return to wrestling.

adamclark52
11-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Wow! Thats crazy. Good for her. She was pretty big, and didn't she have a kid as well? Wonder if she'll return to wrestling.

She actually had a miscarriage very late in the pregnancy. Around a month or so before her final WWE appearance.

I met her once after a TNA house show. Such a nice, happy lady. Complete opposite of her wrestling characters.

dcmetal108
11-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Jake "The Snake" Roberts wants to buy TNA, and he wants YOU to help him:

Roberts has said that he plans on starting an Indiegogo campaign in order to raise money to buy the company.

Roberts recently moved out of DDP's accountability home and is now living with his lawyer.

On his plan to buy TNA, Roberts said, "God, it needs to. I mean, I watched for 10, 12, 15 years, however long it's been out there and they suck. I guarantee you if I get the opportunity, in a matter of six months, I'll be pissing Vince McMahon off. My numbers will beat his, I guarantee that."

Roberts also confirmed he's been lobbying to participate in the 2014 Royal Rumble match and was asked if he would rather do that or buy TNA. He said he would rather purchase TNA in order to make pro wrestling what it needs to be again.

He really is a fucking idiot, that only adds to the fact that he is a complete asshole.

If he thinks he can turn TNA around and go up against Vince he really must be smoking crack again.

adamclark52
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
He really is a fucking idiot, that only adds to the fact that he is a complete asshole.

If he thinks he can turn TNA around and go up against Vince he really must be smoking crack again.

Even if Jake has turned his life around I would never give him money. I can see the guy taking all that money and going back down the bad road he was on before.

XDoomsayerX
11-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Out of boredom I saw Dbry HIAC match man HIAC matches are so pointless now.

dcmetal108
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Even if Jake has turned his life around I would never give him money. I can see the guy taking all that money and going back down the bad road he was on before.

I gave him money and regretted it after meeting him. Don't be labeled as a free signing then scream at people when they either don't want to pay or do pay and then you tell them it'll be even more money if they want a picture. Then when you say no he yells at you.

adamclark52
11-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I gave him money and regretted it after meeting him. Don't be labeled as a free signing then scream at people when they either don't want to pay or do pay and then you tell them it'll be even more money if they want a picture. Then when you say no he yells at you.

He was probably jonesing for some crack. That's why I'd never give him money. It would all go right into booze, whores and drugs. He can be preaching the DDP yoga thing now but he's so far gone I think he'll be back to his old self in less than a year. Especially if the WWE let him back. Whatever money he got and glory he was able to relive for that one night would cause a total relapse.

Too bad, because you watch those matches and promos from the late-1980's and early 1990's and the guy was fucking awesome. The matches were good but the promos were just awesome.

adamclark52
11-02-2013, 01:35 PM
He was probably jonesing for some crack. That's why I'd never give him money. It would all go right into booze, whores and drugs. He can be preaching the DDP yoga thing now but he's so far gone I think he'll be back to his old self in less than a year. Especially if the WWE let him back. Whatever money he got and glory he was able to relive for that one night would cause a total relapse.

Too bad, because you watch those matches and promos from the late-1980's and early 1990's and the guy was fucking awesome. The matches were good but the promos were just awesome.

I forgot to add using the money to pay some of the (probably) thousands of people he owes and want to break his legs.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Daniel Bryan is indeed out of the WWE Title picture after the storyline "reset" at last Monday's RAW. For now, there are no plans for Bryan to contend for the championship.

There is at least some talk of putting some contention back on Bryan during WrestleMania season but he is in a program with CM Punk and The Wyatt Family for the next few months.

In WWE's mind, they made Bryan a star and showed the audience that he can hang with their other top Superstars. The storyline is that Bryan couldn't overcome The Authority, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, so later on down the line this can be addressed again.

For fucks sake. And WWE wonders why their ratings are always dropping and they can't build stars for the future. You fucked up with Ryback big time and now you could potentially fuck up your hottest thing on the planet right now. I just can't.

XDoomsayerX
11-02-2013, 10:49 PM
D-Bry vs Cena for title unification leading to any PPV especially WM wouldve dope. Or image is ya replace Cena with Punk and thrown in more best in the world promos fuuuck

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I would love a D-Bry vs Cena at WM 30 for both titles. As long as Bry wins though :P

dcmetal108
11-03-2013, 06:30 AM
I hate that they have pushed Punk down so much.

dcmetal108
11-03-2013, 06:38 AM
I also just read that TNA is going back to shooting shows in Orlando.

JRA
11-03-2013, 01:29 PM
The only thing Cena should be doing at WM XXX is challenging (and losing to) Taker's streak.

BloodoftheKings
11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I hate that they have pushed Punk down so much.

He was champion for over a year, it makes sense to leave him out of the spotlight for a little while. His feud with Heyman was still the 2nd biggest story line of the past few months and when Lesnar was involved it completely out shined the WWE title story.

The only thing Cena should be doing at WM XXX is challenging (and losing to) Taker's streak.

It's probably gonna be Lesnar v. Taker at mania. I wouldn't mind seeing Cena in the main event as long as he doesn't win.

adamclark52
11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Cena verses Orton, title unification at Wrestlemania XXX, Cena wins. Calling it now.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Hogan vs Taker for WM30. Calling it now.

Sanitarium78
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Hogan isn't in shape to wrestle a match anymore. Especially the caliber of one the fans have come to expect from The Undertaker at wrestlemania. If they don't go with Lesnar against Taker at mania I will be shocked.

Hogan's good to make and appearance in the Royal Rumble for five minutes and then get eliminated. Beyond that he is completely useless for any kind of in ring competition due to how many back surgeries he's had over the last few years. It's worth him being a surprise entrant in the Rumble just for the pop he would get. The arena would completely explode. He could still be part of the wrestelmania card but he would probably have somebody else wrestle on his behalf with him being in their corner.

Punk has not been pushed down the card. They were using him to try and elevate Axel and Ryback. Plus, the fans would get bored with him just like they did with Cena if all he did was stay in the main event and have the belt all the time. It's not like he's sitting aroung doing nothing. This story with Heyman has kept him busy and has given him a legit reason as to why he's been out of the title picture for so long.

Cesaro and Swagger make a good tag team but every time I watch them i'm always thinking that Cesaro is too good to be stuck doing this. Give him the IC title and let him tear it up as a single's wrestler. Someone needs to beat The Honkey Tonk Man for the longest IC title reign of all time. My vote goes to Cesaro.

adamclark52
11-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I've never seen much of Cesaro aside for his WWE stuff but I've heard the guy is an absolute beast in the ring.

dcmetal108
11-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Rumor going around is that Billy Corgan (of Smashing Pumpkins and who also owns his own wrestling promotion here in Chicago which is booked by Raven) is in talks to buy TNA with meetings and paperwork already happening.

BloodoftheKings
11-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Cesaro is the man.

http://i.imgur.com/pseXOTP.gif

Sanitarium78
11-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Rumor going around is that Billy Corgan (of Smashing Pumpkins and who also owns his own wrestling promotion here in Chicago which is booked by Raven) is in talks to buy TNA with meetings and paperwork already happening.

I also read that Jeff Jarrett and Eric Bischoff are in the running to buy it to. Billy Corgan is the hot rumor right now. I would prefer Jarrett or Bischoff to get ownership. I know Corgan is a big wrestling fan but I would prefer someone to buy it who has knowledge about running a wrestling organization on a national level. TNA's problem has always been having ownership that didn't know how to run a big name wrestling promotion. I would feel more confident about TNA's future if Bischoff or Jarrett got it.

I think Vince paid about 3 million to get WCW. I wouldn't be shocked if TNA was sold for less than a million.

PVH5150
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM

Would that include a theme song with a whiny voice for every superstar?

dcmetal108
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I hope if someone buys TNA it isnt Jarrett. Fuck that prick. All I've ever heard is horror stories about him.

Sanitarium78
11-05-2013, 06:23 AM
I hope if someone buys TNA it isnt Jarrett. Fuck that prick. All I've ever heard is horror stories about him.

Well, if he does get TNA, the company will come full circle since he's one of the people who started it and was part of the original ownership. Corgan has his music as his top priority, so being the owner I don't think will be a good thing. As Vince McMahon has shown us, in order to be a successful wrestling company, the majority owner has to be 100 percent committed to the organization.

XDoomsayerX
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
That big show beatdown was nice but show vs orton :barf: :barf:

John The Drummer
11-05-2013, 12:00 PM
So is Hogan out of TNA? I don't follow it at all.... as just curious with you guys talking about him makign a guest appearance at Royal Rumble.

ALso..... Tyson Kidd.... HELL YEAH! So awesome to see him back, such a beast in the ring. I hope they get Justin Gabriel away from the "Los Locales" or whatever and put them back together.....

Sanitarium78
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
So is Hogan out of TNA? I don't follow it at all.... as just curious with you guys talking about him makign a guest appearance at Royal Rumble.

ALso..... Tyson Kidd.... HELL YEAH! So awesome to see him back, such a beast in the ring. I hope they get Justin Gabriel away from the "Los Locales" or whatever and put them back together.....

Hogan is gone from TNA and from what I've read on a few sites, has made a verbal agreement to come back to the WWE. As of yet no contract has been signed though.

It was nice to see Tyson Kidd back. Hopefully, they keep him with Natalya as his manager/mouthpiece since he can't talk for shit and Natalya is at least passable on the mic. I thought that Los Locales were Tyson and Ricardo Rodriguez? The tag division is a little crowded right now so i'm not sure where Kidd and Gabriel would fit into it if they got back together. Being a singles competitor and maybe getting a push towards the IC or US title would be better for Kidd right now. Especially, if they want to try and push him because he's on Total Divas.

XDoomsayerX
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Hogan wins the rumble then cena vs hogan at wm. dats money right deeeer

also cena busted out a lot of moves last night o_o

adamclark52
11-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Well, if he does get TNA, the company will come full circle since he's one of the people who started it and was part of the original ownership. Corgan has his music as his top priority, so being the owner I don't think will be a good thing. As Vince McMahon has shown us, in order to be a successful wrestling company, the majority owner has to be 100 percent committed to the organization.

We'd just have to put up with him (Jarrett) as champion again.

John The Drummer
11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Hogan is gone from TNA and from what I've read on a few sites, has made a verbal agreement to come back to the WWE. As of yet no contract has been signed though.

I thought that Los Locales were Tyson and Ricardo Rodriguez?

Guess I should have figured since he is in WWE 2k14 (not that it'd matter much if he was still in TNA though...)

Aw snap, I think you may be right on that one. Hopefully they let Ricardo be a singles competator.... he was pretty good from the videos I saw pre-Del Rio announcer.

dcmetal108
11-06-2013, 08:33 PM
So I guess WWE offered AJ Styles a contract at 20% of what TNA pays him, he said no deal and is rumored to be going back to TNA but mainly wrestling overseas until TNA signs him again.

Sanitarium78
11-07-2013, 06:22 AM
So I guess WWE offered AJ Styles a contract at 20% of what TNA pays him, he said no deal and is rumored to be going back to TNA but mainly wrestling overseas until TNA signs him again.

Styles is under contract to TNA right now. Him not having a contract, leaving the company with the belt and defending it in places like Japan and Mexico is all part of the storyline.

I call bullshit on the WWE offer. Styles may not be that big of a deal to the WWE but i'm sure there are a number of people in management who know the ring veteran Styles is and what he brings to the table. If he would to be offered something by the WWE i'm sure it would be respectable.

adamclark52
11-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Styles is under contract to TNA right now. Him not having a contract, leaving the company with the belt and defending it in places like Japan and Mexico is all part of the storyline.

I call bullshit on the WWE offer. Styles may not be that big of a deal to the WWE but i'm sure there are a number of people in management who know the ring veteran Styles is and what he brings to the table. If he would to be offered something by the WWE i'm sure it would be respectable.

Bedsides, what's twenty percent of a bounced cheque?

dcmetal108
11-07-2013, 08:23 AM

WWE wouldn't do anything with him thats why the offer is so long. Styles wouldn't be big in WWE or bring a huge crowd or anything.

Maideneer
11-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Styles wouldn't be big in WWE or bring a huge crowd or anything.

I don't know much about AJ Styles, but I would say that the following roster spots are just as you described.

3MB
Tons of Funk
David Otunga
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
R-Truth
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara
Los Matadores
Curtis Axel
Christian
Great Khali
Hunico/Camacho
Curt Hawkins
Most of the Divas

...and more. The company is loaded with uninteresting people.