PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

dcmetal108
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
They need to push Orton again!

adamclark52
12-22-2012, 10:23 AM
There's an old saying; "if you throw enough shit at the wall, eventually something will stick". They've been throwing Orton at the wall for ten years.

The only time I ever enjoyed that guy was his match with Mick Foley at Backlash in 2004 up until his feud with the Undertaker in late 2005.

dcmetal108
12-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I just like him as a whole. He's a great wrestler and even with his bad roles I always loved him.

adamclark52
12-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I honestly thought you were joking when you said push him again. That's the (sarcastic) reaction he usually gets.

JRA
12-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Weither you like him or not, Cena's time is up. And that's what comes with carrying the company for so long. He doesn't let it on but I bet his body is a complete wreck after going steady for almost ten years. I bet he's exempt from the Wellness Policy as well.

They have to get on finding a new face SOON. Because if he keeps going at the rate he is now he will just crash hard one day and they'll be fucked. But the problem is that they've waited so long and depended on him for so long while they should have spent the last three years building someone. Now they just throw people like Ryback at the crowd, expect the crowd to love them and it doesn't work out long-term.

Smarks have been saying Cena's time is up since 2006. WWE "threatened" a heel-turn in the build up to Wrestlemania but of course that went nowhere.

adamclark52
12-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Smarks have been saying Cena's time is up since 2006. WWE "threatened" a heel-turn in the build up to Wrestlemania but of course that went nowhere.

I'm not making a smark comment about him being done. I've just see the guy going non-stop for ten years, doing house shows (which I think he does), coming back from injuries probably to early, doing PR appearances, filming movies, doing TV interviews; it has to be catching up to him. The WWE schedule is brutal for wrestlers alone, but has to be ten times worse for him. The workload probably played a big role in his marriage ending.

I smarked out hating the guy in 2005 but these days I really could care a less.

Sanitarium78
12-22-2012, 05:02 PM
They need to push Orton again!

So that would be undeserved push #951 for his boring ass. The only way i'm in favor of another big push from him is if he turns heel and goes back to playing the character he did when he was feuding with Triple H going into wrestlemania a few years ago. That's the one and only time his character was ever interesting at all. The guy is just awful as a face and has done nothing to earn the unbelieveable amount of chances the WWE has given him to make him a mega star. He's very good in the ring but absolute shit on the mic, just like his dad was. I know Orton is only in his early 30s but the guy has nothing left to do. Unless they want to use him to help build up some newer guys I see no purpose for him anymore. He's never going to be the guy for them, though Vince will probably never stop trying to make him the guy even though he's got ten years of proof that Orton will never be that.

As for Cena, i've read some online reports that he's working pretty banged up these days which really shouldn't come as a surprise. Supposedly his run as a full time performer will be coming to an end in the near future.

Sanitarium78
12-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Hey, I was at this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQft1Hkr-S0

RVD defeats Bam Bam Bigelow for the ECW TV title:rocker:

John The Drummer
12-25-2012, 06:55 AM
am i the only one who noticed how uncomfortable michael cole and the king were during RAW last night? talk about "losing your core fan base 101"

dcmetal108
12-25-2012, 08:57 AM
So I'm taking my grandma to see Smackdown tomorrow night. That was her christmas gift from me.

She started crying from how happy she got.

Sanitarium78
12-25-2012, 06:38 PM
So I'm taking my grandma to see Smackdown tomorrow night. That was her christmas gift from me.

She started crying from how happy she got.

Wow, your grandma is a wrestling fan to? Since they were off tonight because of the holiday, i'm pretty sure your show will be the Smackdown TV taping for this week.

adamclark52
12-25-2012, 06:43 PM
am i the only one who noticed how uncomfortable michael cole and the king were during RAW last night? talk about "losing your core fan base 101"

Last night was probably the first full RAW I've watched in at least three years and I found a lot very difficult. Just so many stupid little things. But the thing that bugged me the most was Daniel Bryans "NO, NO, NO" chants. It was okay when he was the heel champion but now WWE has just turned him into a cartoon character.

dcmetal108
12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Wow, your grandma is a wrestling fan to? Since they were off tonight because of the holiday, i'm pretty sure your show will be the Smackdown TV taping for this week.

Yeah she's been into wrestling since like the 70's.

Sanitarium78
12-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah she's been into wrestling since like the 70's.

Same with my dad, he's been a fan for like 50 years. He still watches it today. He's the reason my older brother and I became life long fans. In fact it's rare that when we get together if the conversation doesn't drift into what's going on in wrestling at that time.

Since the show you're going to tonight might be the Smackdown taping for the week, maybe you'll see something cool like Ziggler cashing in his MITB. He's gotta do it at some point right? And the WWE can sure use a shake up in the world title scene.

dcmetal108
12-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Same with my dad, he's been a fan for like 50 years. He still watches it today. He's the reason my older brother and I became life long fans. In fact it's rare that when we get together if the conversation doesn't drift into what's going on in wrestling at that time.

Since the show you're going to tonight might be the Smackdown taping for the week, maybe you'll see something cool like Ziggler cashing in his MITB. He's gotta do it at some point right? And the WWE can sure use a shake up in the world title scene.

Yeah my dad has been watching wrestling for like 40 years too. He actually has a bar in his place that is wrestling themed with tons of signed stuff including a ECW Championship Belt he bought then him and I went around and had a lot of the original ECW Champs sign it.

But I don't know if tonight will be the taping since it is billed as a house show and if I remember they said the biggest names would be like Orton and Shamus.

dcmetal108
12-27-2012, 06:43 AM
So the house show I went to last night was pretty awesome. Great seats and some good matches.

Got to see a battle royal which was pretty cool.

Also a threeway match with Wade Barret vs Alerbto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston! I really like Barret and Kofi is fucking amazing as always. Kofi had one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Main event was Big Show vs Shemus in a cage match and that was actually a insanely good match. Then they thanked up and everyone started to leave. Next thing you know they start announcing that it appears the curfew is 11 not 1030 so they have time for one more match which was originally cancelled due some of the guys not arriving yet.

So they start taking down the cage and Matt Striker announces that one of the men in the last match which was a 6 man tag would be Ryback! The crowd went fucking apeshit. So eventually Ryback comes out and the crowd goes apeshit! Then all of a sudden fucking Daniel Byrant walks out of the ramp and that crowd lost it mind again! Even I was going crazy. Then the lights went out and the music started and Kane came out! Again, apeshit!

Next thing you know I look to my right (We were pretty close to the floor plus I had a aisle seat) and one of the guys from the shield is standing right next to me. He stood there for like 2 minutes before going down to the ring since The Shield were all coming down from each side of the arena. But I got a amazing picture of him since he was only like 10 inches from me.

The match though was really good and afterwards Daniel Byrant was just playing with the crowd for a while.

Really cool ending to a fun night.

adamclark52
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
So the house show I went to last night was pretty awesome. Great seats and some good matches.

Also a threeway match with Wade Barret vs Alerbto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston! I really like Barret and Kofi is fucking amazing as always. Kofi had one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Main event was Big Show vs Shemus in a cage match and that was actually a insanely good match. Then they thanked up and everyone started to leave. Next thing you know they start announcing that it appears the curfew is 11 not 1030 so they have time for one more match which was originally cancelled due some of the guys not arriving yet.

So they start taking down the cage and Matt Striker announces that one of the men in the last match which was a 6 man tag would be Ryback! The crowd went fucking apeshit. So eventually Ryback comes out and the crowd goes apeshit! Then all of a sudden fucking Daniel Byrant walks out of the ramp and that crowd lost it mind again! Even I was going crazy. Then the lights went out and the music started and Kane came out! Again, apeshit!

Next thing you know I look to my right (We were pretty close to the floor plus I had a aisle seat) and one of the guys from the shield is standing right next to me. He stood there for like 2 minutes before going down to the ring since The Shield were all coming down from each side of the arena. But I got a amazing picture of him since he was only like 10 inches from me.

The match though was really good and afterwards Daniel Byrant was just playing with the crowd for a while.

Sometimes you have even more fun at house shows than TV tapings or PPV's. I've got a few good memories:
-Sitting in the third row at a RAW house show in Barrie, Ontario in late 2004. Triple H was there (!) and even though I hate the guy he got right in the face of some guy beside me. I mean nose-to-nose. And the guy was just giving it to Triple H. Triple H just stared right in the guys eyes, didn't even blink. And the guy was giving him a good verbal beating. The only bad part was Triple H's comebacks was something lame like, "your mother". But wow that was intense.
-Another house show in Barrie in summer 2006. I didn't like the DX reunion but for whatever reason at that show they announced a special third member of DX that evening: Ric Flair. Everyone went apeshit. Even though Ric Flair was still a very active competitor at the time but I don't think anyone thought Triple H, Shawn Micheals AND Ric Flair would come to a hole like Barrie.
-Meeting Rob Van Dam at a house show in Oshawa, Ontario in early 2003. My wife had to go to the bathroom, and I was pissed because we were late. So I stood there waiting for her and RVD was down the hall signing autographs. I turned into a twelve year old boy and went over and he was like, "hey dude, want me to sign my shirt?". I liked the shirt, and didn't want to ruin it, but I said yes anyway. Maven was there too, but no one cared.
-watching an incredible tag team match between AJ Styles and Samoa Joe against the LAX in Oshawa in early 2007, I think. I can't remember if it was Samoa Joe or Christopher Daniels, but it was a really good match.

John The Drummer
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
House shows are great...

I remember the first one I went to back in the Attitude era, I believe one of the matches was Mankind vs Triple H in a hardcore match. They ended up going backstage and all the crowd started saying "COME ON! THERE ARE NO VIDEO CAMERAS!!!", thus they abruptly came back out :lol:

I met Stacy Keibler, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Ric Flair when i won a backstage meet 'n' greet. They were all really cool and chill. RVD ended up showing up late and walked by my friend and I and said "Hey dudes!" and patted us on the shoulder :D :D :D (I was like... 14 or 15, maybe even younger, so it was AMAZING).

Sanitarium78
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Sometimes you have even more fun at house shows than TV tapings or PPV's.

No, you always have more fun at house shows than TV tapings. Especially today when RAW is a bunch of recap vidoes, advertising and commentarotrs talking that you can't even here live. Seriously, the last live RAW I went to was in Feburary of 2011, Triple H pedigreed Sheamus through the announce table after being gone for almost a year, in case anyone remembers that. Anyways, it was all videos, interviews and skits both in the ring and in back and hardly any wrestling happened on the show. The worse thing was the crock did one of his boring ass 20 minute "via satillite" promos to hype that he was hosting wrestlemania. It was just fuckin awful, not only because it was one of the crock's usual outdated and never been funny lame catchpharase after lame catchpharase promos but if I wanted to watch someone on the screen I wouldn't have bought a ticket and stayed home instead. Easily the deadest crowd i've ever seen for a whole show and i've been going to wrestling events since 1986.

It didn't used to be like that, the TV tapings used to be great back during the mid 80s/early 90s and during the attitude era house shows were equally as good. House shows and PPVs are the shows to see today because at least you get some real wrestling matches. I won't be attending a live RAW for awhile yet, the last one I went to was no doubt the worst WWF/E show i'd ever been to. I'll go to a house show for RAW but there is no way i'm sitting through the garbage that is the 3 hour recap and twitter/tout shilling show that it's become now.

One of my favorite house show memories was a WWF one my brother and I went to in 1996. Our seats were in the first row of the lower bowl, right by where the wrestlers came out. Basically when the wrestlers walked out and they looked to their left, my borther and I would've been just about the first people they saw. Owen Hart and The British Bulldog were in a tag match that night, they were heels and pretty much got booed out of the building as they made their entrance. My brother and I on the other hand gave them a standing ovation. Bulldog looked at us and gave us a thumbs up and Owen looked at us, rasied his fists in the air and yelled "Woooooo!!". It's strange to look back on that now that they're both dead but it was cool of them to acknowledge the only two people in the crowd cheering them that night:D

Wrestlers seem to be able to have more freedom at house shows to since it's not on TV. What adamclark said about Triple H and the fan having a staredown will happen at the non TV shows a lot more. Longtime fans seem to know that to since i've seen a lot of people talk more shit to the wrestlers at house shows than at the televised ones.

The Dudleys back in the old ECW days were the kings of staring down fans who would talk shit to them on the way to the ring. Then they would get in the ring and talk shit to the fans and sometimes they would get somebody so pissed they would jump the rail and try to get in the ring to get a piece of them. That happened at an ECW houe show I went to. The Dudleys got in the ring before their match and Bubba grabbed the mic and just started laying into some guy in the front. Finally after Bubba had been talking shit to him for a few minutes he said to the guy "I bet your mother taught you how to suck dick" and that set the dude off and he came over the rail. Security got him before he could get to the ring though. Oh, those were the days when a heel could actually be a fuckin heel.

I've got a lot of house show memories. I'm gonna have to think for awhile and i'll post some of the better stuff I can recall.

John The Drummer
12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
"I bet your mother taught you how to suck dick" and that set the dude off and he came over the rail. Security got him before he could get to the ring though. Oh, those were the days when a heel could actually be a fuckin heel.

Wasn't that a mother and daughter?

Sanitarium78
12-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Yeah, he did the joke that way to but since a monther and daughter weren't in the crowd that night I guess he changed it up a bit. There was probably a standard list of insults Bubba regualrly used.

rjturtle9
12-27-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm pretty sure they recycled insults when they weren't on tv.

Sanitarium78
12-29-2012, 05:13 AM

So Kofi, Ryback, Kane are Smackdown guys? I thought for sure they were "officially" on RAW. With them not sticking to the brand split anymore it's hard to tell which guys are on which roster now. I wasn't even sure if Bryan was still supposed to be a SD guy anymore either.

Big Show and Sheamus have been putting on some good PPV matches these last couple of months so it's no surprise the match was good. In terms of knowing how to play his character and his in ring work, I think the last two or three years have been the best of Big Show's career. He's really doing everything equally as good over the last couple years.

My only knock on Sheamus is that they make him too comical. He needs to be a straight up badass like he was when he first turned face. He's a good in ring worker and has decent mic skills and a likeability to him. Some ocassional comedy is good but he needs to be a more serious character. They're making him too much like Cena with all this funny stuff and not taking things as seriously as he should, that's not a good thing.

House shows are always fun because you get quality matches and there's no time taken up by all the recaps and twitter/tout bullshit.

A little something for all the AJ Lee fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_kRNX7CftgM

adamclark52
12-29-2012, 10:12 AM
No, you always have more fun at house shows than TV tapings. Especially today when RAW is a bunch of recap vidoes, advertising and commentarotrs talking that you can't even here live. Seriously, the last live RAW I went to was in Feburary of 2011, Triple H pedigreed Sheamus through the announce table after being gone for almost a year, in case anyone remembers that. Anyways, it was all videos, interviews and skits both in the ring and in back and hardly any wrestling happened on the show. The worse thing was the crock did one of his boring ass 20 minute "via satillite" promos to hype that he was hosting wrestlemania. It was just fuckin awful, not only because it was one of the crock's usual outdated and never been funny lame catchpharase after lame catchpharase promos but if I wanted to watch someone on the screen I wouldn't have bought a ticket and stayed home instead. Easily the deadest crowd i've ever seen for a whole show and i've been going to wrestling events since 1986.

Yeah, but I've been to a few crappy house shows too. I remember one in Toronto in late 2003 that advertised Goldberg and a cage match between Kane and Shane McMahon. Goldberg came out right at the beginning and speared Maven (I think) and that was it, less than a minute. And the cage match was cheesy. And I went to another particularly bad one in Oshawa in early 2005 or 2006. Right before MNM debuted, because they wrestled there and no one knew who they were. It was just a bad show all around.

Most of the Raws/Smackdowns I went to did suck, except one that was a RAW and Smackdown taping and Vickie Guerrero came out at the beginning and the crowd hatred was INTENSE. That was fun.

Of the PPVs I've been to only Wrestlemania X8 was memorable (obviously). Summerslam 2004 sucked and Unforgiven 2006 wasn't very good either. The only good part of Summerslam wasn't on TV, it was when some guy jumped from the crowd onto JBL's limo roof, and fell through. Later in the match the Undertaker chokeslammed JBL through the limo roof, but the cat was already out of the bag for the live audience.

adamclark52
12-29-2012, 10:40 AM
So Kofi, Ryback, Kane are Smackdown guys? I thought for sure they were "officially" on RAW. With them not sticking to the brand split anymore it's hard to tell which guys are on which roster now. I wasn't even sure if Bryan was still supposed to be a SD guy anymore either.

It's another surefire sign that the brand extension should just end. It really only involves mid/low-card guys anymore. Neither show has enough main-eventers to stand on their own.

dcmetal108
12-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Big Show and Sheamus have been putting on some good PPV matches these last couple of months so it's no surprise the match was good. In terms of knowing how to play his character and his in ring work, I think the last two or three years have been the best of Big Show's career. He's really doing everything equally as good over the last couple years.

My only knock on Sheamus is that they make him too comical. He needs to be a straight up badass like he was when he first turned face. He's a good in ring worker and has decent mic skills and a likeability to him. Some ocassional comedy is good but he needs to be a more serious character. They're making him too much like Cena with all this funny stuff and not taking things as seriously as he should, that's not a good thing.

House shows are always fun because you get quality matches and there's no time taken up by all the recaps and twitter/tout bullshit.

A little something for all the AJ Lee fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_kRNX7CftgM

No they still pushed tout a shit load!

adamclark52
12-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Okay, so like I keep saying I don't watch WWE broadcasting at all these days but I read recaps and go on boards. What the fuck is 'Tout'?

Sanitarium78
12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
It's another surefire sign that the brand extension should just end. It really only involves mid/low-card guys anymore. Neither show has enough main-eventers to stand on their own.

I looked up the rosters on WWE's page. Kofi, Kane, Bryan, Ryback and The Shield are all on the RAW roster. If they needed these guys to complete a Smackdown house show card then they really need to unify the world titles and put the shows back together. Which is something i've been in favor of for awhile now. The WWE probably won't do that though since having two brands will allow them to run more house shows in more places on the weekends which creates more revenue. If they really want to keep the shows seperate then they need to honor that. Build up the rosters better that way each show can stand on it's own. If makes no sense to have the WWE champ and the world heavyweight champ wrestling on the same show (RAW) every week. It confuses the hell out of the real fans, so it might just be turning off potential new fans who can't make sense out of it either.

The shame of it is, they have the talent to make two seperate rosters good on their own without anyone crossing between them. They just need to buld everyone up better. One of the main problems is there are no credible mid card verterans around right now to help put the younger guys over and give them a boost. So all you have is young up and comer beating another young up and comer and nobody gains anything out of it since these guys lack credibility in the eyes of the fans.

No they still pushed tout a shit load!

Oh well, hopefully they didn't do as bad of a job selling it as Cole and Lawler do with everything. Those two couldn't sell a fully cooked steak to a starving homeless man.

adamclark52
12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
The brand split was good from it's inception until Brock left really. After that RAW thrived with Triple H, Flair, Booker T, Jericho, Evolution, Benoit. Even though Smackdown still had Angle and Undertaker it really started to suffer. Putting the belt on JBL was a death sentence. In hindsight he wasn't too bad but at the time it was terrible. Once Cena exploded after Wrestlemania 21 things could have picked up for Smackdown but they traded him to Raw. Sure, Smackdown got Batista but he was nowhere near the level of Cena. It was downhill from there.

The brand split made sense at first since they had so many starts after the Invasion. But once all those guys started retiring, leaving, getting fired and dying :eyes: it really became senseless. The Royal Rumble last year was a prime example. You look at the list from 2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(2003)) (first year after the split) and it's filled with stars and beloved wrestlers with a few jobbers in there. In 2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(2012))'s Rumble there are four guys I still consider stars (Jericho, Orton, Sheamus and Big Show) and the rest are all fine wrestlers, but nobodies.

I really hope they up the ante with this years Rumble and either bring out some stars (yesteryears or todays, even if it means people wrestling twice in one night) or at least do something memorable. The only thing I remember from last years was knowing that Michael Cole and Booker T were going to enter after Jerry Lawler did. And Kharma's return/final appearance.

dcmetal108
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
I should point out that they did announce before the match that the Ryback, Daniel Byrant, Kane Vs The Shield match was just for Chicago since it was the opening night of the tour and the day after christmas.

Sanitarium78
12-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Okay, so like I keep saying I don't watch WWE broadcasting at all these days but I read recaps and go on boards. What the fuck is 'Tout'?

Pretty much a live action version of twitter and the worst thing the WWE has ever invested in. Yes, it's worse than the XFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tout_(company)

The WWE has part ownership in it. Here's where the idiocy of Vince really comes to the forefront. Instead of having wrestlers cut promos and promote fueds/matches or other WWE realted stuff on TV like they used to, they have them do it on tout which only reaches about half of the WWE viewing audience. No wonder nobody can become a star and get over today because they rather have them talk on twatter or tout instead of in front of a live TV audience where more people can see you.

It gets better though, they also show on RAW sometimes fans touting their thoughts on what's going on. Which just talks up more time that could be spent on having a wrestler do a 60 second promo where millions of fans can get to know that person better. It seems the WWE wants social media to be more over than 95 percent of their roster and i've gotta say, they're achieving that goal very well over the last couple years.

No wonder they can't get anybody to be a major star anymore, they put way more time into getting social media over than they do their talent. Sometimes I wonder if I wasn't a fan during the 80s and during the attitude era, if this garbage would piss me off as much as it does.

Sanitarium78
01-02-2013, 05:58 AM
So, if Punk isn't ready for his title match with Ryback on RAW next week does anyone think they'll change it to a triple threat at the Rumble? I know his injury wasn't that major but he's straight edge and doesn't take pain killers or any other kind of medicine, so it's possible he might not be 100 percent healed by monday.

EDIT: Punk has been medically cleared to wrestle on monday. Hopefully nothing bad happens and his feud with the Rock will still happen and Punk can beat his ass and keep the title until after wrestlemania. The Undertaker is my favorite ever but I think it would be cool if Punk fought him at mania in a title vs streak match and Punk actually wins and breaks the streak.

XDoomsayerX
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Antonio Cesaro is a beast. Seriously dat uppercut!

Lets see if this Ryback/Punk match happens.

XDoomsayerX
01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
EDIT: Punk has been medically cleared to wrestle on monday. Hopefully nothing bad happens and his feud with the Rock will still happen and Punk can beat his ass and keep the title until after wrestlemania. The Undertaker is my favorite ever but I think it would be cool if Punk fought him at mania in a title vs streak match and Punk actually wins and breaks the streak.

This would be dope. :cool:

adamclark52
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Pretty much a live action version of twitter and the worst thing the WWE has ever invested in. Yes, it's worse than the XFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tout_(company)

The WWE has part ownership in it. Here's where the idiocy of Vince really comes to the forefront. Instead of having wrestlers cut promos and promote fueds/matches or other WWE realted stuff on TV like they used to, they have them do it on tout which only reaches about half of the WWE viewing audience. No wonder nobody can become a star and get over today because they rather have them talk on twatter or tout instead of in front of a live TV audience where more people can see you.

It gets better though, they also show on RAW sometimes fans touting their thoughts on what's going on. Which just talks up more time that could be spent on having a wrestler do a 60 second promo where millions of fans can get to know that person better. It seems the WWE wants social media to be more over than 95 percent of their roster and i've gotta say, they're achieving that goal very well over the last couple years.

No wonder they can't get anybody to be a major star anymore, they put way more time into getting social media over than they do their talent. Sometimes I wonder if I wasn't a fan during the 80s and during the attitude era, if this garbage would piss me off as much as it does.

Like I keep saying; Vince is an idiot. He's like a three year old with a toy (tout being the toy). He'll play with it for a while, he'll be inseperable from it. But he'll get tired of it soon and forget about it.

John The Drummer
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Did... did.....

DID RYBACK ACTUALLY PUT ON A DECENT MATCH WITH CM PUNK LAST NIGHT!? :eek:
...well... I enjoyed it. CM Punk vs The Rock should be pretty good.

dcmetal108
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
That TLC match was the tits! I mean Punk took some hard hits mainly when Ryback lifted him over his head and threw him against the ladder and when he threw back over the ropes thew the table.

Next weeks RAW is the 20th anniversary :

Rumors so far are

Original DX (all of them ever in it)
Stone Cold
Undertaker
Kevin Nash
Vader
Scott Hall

XDoomsayerX
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Did... did.....

DID RYBACK ACTUALLY PUT ON A DECENT MATCH WITH CM PUNK LAST NIGHT!? :eek:
...well... I enjoyed it. CM Punk vs The Rock should be pretty good.

It was aight. I dug how Punk called the rock out on his shitty same promo stuff. Sooo true all rock does is tell lame jokes.

That TLC match was the tits! I mean Punk took some hard hits mainly when Ryback lifted him over his head and threw him against the ladder and when he threw back over the ropes thew the table.

Rumors so far are

Stone Cold
Undertaker
Kevin Nash
Vader
Scott Hall

Lame lame lame. These shows are always are a bore and go no where.

Sanitarium78
01-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Rumors so far are

Stone Cold
Undertaker
Kevin Nash
Vader
Scott Hall

You're nuts if you think WWE would ever have Scott Hall show up on live TV anymore. He's had way too many alcohol and drug issues for them to do that.

The best bump in the TLC match was the one Ryback took when he was powerbomed through a table on top of the stairs by The Shield. When Ryback press slammed Punk into the ladder and bent it was cool to.

Lame lame lame. These shows are always are a bore and go no where.

So, it would be no different than the bulk of the RAW's that the WWE has been doing for the last year. It's never a bad idea to see the two greatest of all time, The Undertaker and Stone Cold show up. It's wretelmania season now and they need to do whatever they can to get people to watch. They're booking the current roster like crap so people don't care enough about them to watch unless the throw in some stars from the past.

adamclark52
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Everyone gives me shit for saying this, and I know it won't happen, but Chyna was a very important part of DX and if they're going to have "everyone" that should include her.

JRA
01-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Punk breaking the streak would be stupid. Only two people have [had] the authority to do that IMO.

1. Sting
2. HBK

and #2 failed.

and 20th anniversary of Raw? Kind of bad timing. Too soon after the 1000th episode. They just won't top it.

dcmetal108
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I think that since Chyna is a porn star now they won't have her.

And I could see Scott Hall coming back for this one night, I mean look how many WWE guys have done drugs and still showed up. Having Hall back as Razor Ramone for one night would be a insane crowd reaction.

adamclark52
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
She could use the crack money.

dcmetal108
01-08-2013, 07:27 PM
So at tonights shooting for Smackdown I guess Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show for the belt.

XDoomsayerX
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
So, it would be no different than the bulk of the RAW's that the WWE has been doing for the last year. It's never a bad idea to see the two greatest of all time, The Undertaker and Stone Cold show up. It's wretelmania season now and they need to do whatever they can to get people to watch. They're booking the current roster like crap so people don't care enough about them to watch unless the throw in some stars from the past.

True aside from last night's Raw they usually are whatever. I really hated those dumb holiday skits they did, such trash.

I just hope they really dont put the strap on The Rock. :tp:

John The Drummer
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
So at tonights shooting for Smackdown I guess Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show for the belt.

whaaaaaat?!?! didnt see that coming.

True aside from last night's Raw they usually are whatever. I really hated those dumb holiday skits they did, such trash.

I just hope they really dont put the strap on The Rock. :tp:

i agree, but maybe itd give zigler a chance to cash in.....i dunno. im still curious for when its going to happen.

i just watched cm punks promo from last night, WOW, i love when he mentioned that little jimmy gets more tv time than tyson kidd.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Punk breaking the streak would be stupid. Only two people have [had] the authority to do that IMO.

1. Sting
2. HBK

and #2 failed.

and 20th anniversary of Raw? Kind of bad timing. Too soon after the 1000th episode. They just won't top it.

How exactly is Sting one of the two guys qualified to end Taker's streak? He's certainly not more worthy of it than Kane. If Triple H and HBK aren't gonna break it, there's no way in hell they'll let Sting do it. What would be the point? If someone were to ever break the streak it sould be someone on the fulltime roster right now who can benefit from it. Right now the only guy on the roster in that position is Punk. Imagine how much heat he would get from that alone. Not only could he talk shit about his long title run but he can also talk about how he's the only guy to beat The Undertaker and Wrestlemania. He could live off that for the rest of his career and he would be an untochable main eventer for the rest of his WWE days.

I think that since Chyna is a porn star now they won't have her.

And I could see Scott Hall coming back for this one night, I mean look how many WWE guys have done drugs and still showed up. Having Hall back as Razor Ramone for one night would be a insane crowd reaction.

You obviously aren't aware of how deep Scott Hall's substance abuse problems go.

Copy and pasted from Wikipedia:

__________________________________________________ _________________

Hall was charged with second degree murder after shooting a man with his own gun (after wrestling it away from him) in an altercation outside of a nightclub. According to Hall, this was done in self-defense. The charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. In a 2011 interview for ESPN, Hall admits killing the man, and says he is unable to forget the incident.

1990s

Hall's problems with drugs were made public in the late 1990s, and were incorporated into a controversial WCW storyline.During the storyline, Hall was arrested for keying a limousine while intoxicated outside of a night club in Orlando, Florida, causing $2,000 in damages. Hall's ex-wife, Dana, attributes their 1998 divorce to Hall being unable to control his drug use.

On October 10, 2008, Hall was arrested during a roast of the Iron Sheik, held at a Crowne Plaza hotel in New Jersey. A comedian, Jimmy Graham, had joked, "After The Sheik and Hacksaw Jim [Duggan] got caught snorting coke in the parking lot, his career fell faster than Owen Hart." An enraged Hall charged at Graham and knocked down a podium, then grabbed the microphone from him and yelled about how Graham was disrespecting Hart. Graham described the incident on his MySpace page, claiming that he loved Hart as a wrestler and a man and that he believed Hart would have laughed at the joke. He claimed that Hall was drunk at the time of the attack.

Hall was arrested on May 14, 2010, and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting a police officer. Police were called to the Hitching Post Bar in Chuluota after Hall (who had been "drinking heavily", according to the police report), "became aggressive". When they arrived, they found Hall yelling and cursing at amateur wrestling personalities and bar staff. Hall was told he was not allowed to return to the establishment. In his police statement, Hall described himself as an unemployed professional wrestler, despite having a job with TNA Wrestling (who would release him a month later). After his release from TNA, Hall checked into rehab, paid for by WWE. Hall checked out of the rehab facility in early October 2010.

Weeks after he checked into rehab, Hall had both a defibrillator and a pacemaker implanted in his chest. He was hospitalized twice in 2010 for double pneumonia (affecting both lungs). During this time, Hall started having seizures and was soon diagnosed with epilepsy. He now has to take 11 different medications on a daily basis to treat his heart and seizure problems.

Hall was the only member of The Kliq not on hand to see longtime friend Shawn Michaels inducted to the WWE Hall Of Fame. He had decided not to attend any Wrestlemania XXVII festivities due to his doubts of his ability to remain sober in that type of environment.

On April 6, Hall was reportedly taken to the hospital due to a seizure. Hall's representative, Geena Anac, issued a press release denying he had overdosed, saying that Hall was at home and doing fine that day. Anac said Hall was in hospital that night to be treated for extremely low blood pressure, and that Hall visits his doctor on a regular basis while recovering from double pneumonia, for blood work and checkups.

On April 8, Hall showed up for his appearance at a Top Rope Promotions wrestling show in Fall River, Massachusetts, apparently intoxicated. Hall, still wearing a hospital bracelet, was helped into the ring by two men because he was struggling to walk on his own. He cut a promo and was confronted by local wrestler Gino Giovanni, who was trying to begin his scheduled match with Justin Credible. After the match between Giovanni and Credible, Hall, slurring his words, tried to goad Giovanni back into the ring. On April 9, TMZ reported Hall had been taken to hospital following the previous day's appearance. Hall was treated for cardiac issues and remained in the hospital for three days. According to medical reports, Hall was being treated after overdosing on both opiates and benzodiazepines.

Top Rope Promotions released a statement on April 11, regarding Hall's behavior and performance. Promoter Steve Ricard said Hall had arrived the day before the event in a wheelchair with three bottles of prescription pills in his possession, and had demanded his appearance fee the next day, although he was already paid. Hall allegedly made many threats to the staff, and many demands regarding money and when he would perform. According to Ricard, Hall threatened to kill him if he screwed Hall over.

Longtime friend Kevin Nash commented on Hall's recent problems, saying that he will always be there for Hall. Nash also claimed that Hall is not a drug addict, but rather that he suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Eric Bischoff, another of Hall's close friends and former boss, said he wished he knew how to help him, and that he was an amazing talent and a great person, but that his "demons" were killing him.

On May 8, following a worrying and confused telephone conversation with his ex-wife Dana, Hall abruptly ended the call. Dana alerted police to her concerns for his safety, and Hall allegedly had a verbal altercation with them (and her) when they attempted to enter his house. Dana said Hall was "threatening to beat them all up, doing the crotch chop thing to them, making a fool of himself, ranting and raving like a crazed mental person". Following this, Dana cut off all remaining ties with Hall.

Around this time, Scott and his estranged son Cody had a brief reconciliation and Hall began mentoring him to become a professional wrestler. According to Dana, this reconciliation lasted only a month.

On October 20, ESPN's E:60 featured a documentary detailing Hall's experience with drugs and alcohol. It included interviews with several of Hall's family members (including his ex-wife and son, Cody), as well as several prominent figures and close friends from the wrestling industry (including Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Eric Bischoff, and Stephanie McMahon).

On April 6, Hall was arrested in Chuluota, Florida at around 9:31 p.m., by deputies of the Seminole County Sheriff's office, who did not make the reason for arrest public. The arrest was later reported to be for a domestic disturbance involving his girlfriend, Lisa Howell. Hall allegedly choked Howell while he was drunk. He was taken to a hospital in Seminole County to be medically cleared prior to being taken to a drunk tank. Hall denied the choking allegations.

__________________________________________________ _________________

So as you can see, the dudes got problems:(

Sanitarium78
01-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Del Rio winning the belt doesn't make any sense to me. Big Show was actually having a pretty decent run with it and his title reign ended for no good reason really. I'm guessing they want to have Ziggler cash in on Del Rio since it would be believeable that he could beat him more than beating Big Show.

Still, another nonsensical Del Rio title win that won't mean anything and will do way more harm than good for him like his two short meaningless runs as WWE champ back in 2011. If they guy isn't gonna be booked seriously as a main eventer then drop him down and have him get the US or IC title instead. At least then he won't be used as a meaningless transtional world champ. When he loses the belt, which will be soon I believe, the guy is gonna have no credibility left anymore. They have him lose most of his world title chances and then when he does win it he only has it for a month or less. Absolutely stupid booking.

adamclark52
01-09-2013, 09:42 AM
The Big Show is such a jobber sometimes. He's always just keeping the belt warm for someone else.

adamclark52
01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
I remember Wrestlemania X8 when the nWo was "hot" in the WWE they didn't even give Nash a match out of fear that Hall would no-show or get fired before his match with Stone Cold, so Nash was their backup plan. Hall ended up fired a month later.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
For those who follow the independents, WWE has signed El Generico. Supposedly because of the success guys like Punk, Bryan and Cesaro are having, Triple H has decided to go after more bigger names on the indy scene.

dcmetal108
01-09-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't see how someone said Sting would be one of the people to break Undertakers streak. Has Sting ever even been in WWE?

I mean Sting is within my top 3 of all time and even I don't think he would deserve it.

adamclark52
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah I agree with all you guys on the Sting issue. People have been on it for years. But now especially a large portion of the WWE's audience would have no idea who Sting is.

I'd say Shawn Micheals, Triple H or Kane should end it. Or an up and coming guy. Or best of all, just never end it.

mankvill
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
remember when the undertaker piledrived that guy into a coffin

that was kewl

dcmetal108
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Their best bet is to not end it, them ending it would be a HUGE hit to WWE and drive almost all their hardcore fans away.

Why end what is easily one of WWE's most well known records by one of their most well known guys.

adamclark52
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
remember when the undertaker piledrived that guy into a coffin

that was kewl

I remember when Anaal Nathkrah put out a good album, in 2001.

BURN!

XDoomsayerX
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
For those who follow the independents, WWE has signed El Generico. Supposedly because of the success guys like Punk, Bryan and Cesaro are having, Triple H has decided to go after more bigger names on the indy scene.

Cool with this! Chris Hero should be called up, heard good things about him. I want to see Dean Ambrose and Seth rollins in matches alreasy haha

adamclark52
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Wrestlecraps Gooker awards nominations are out (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/time-to-vote-the-2012-gooker-awards/). Like we were discussing a few months ago, 2012 was a forgettable year so nothing really stuck (or stunk) out like past years.

I voted for AJ Lee. I know people like her but the few times I've seen her it's been cringe-worthy.

And the new wrestlecrap.com launched, and like any other site that completely redesigns after 10+ years I hate it but will get used to it.

Sanitarium78
01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Wrestlecraps Gooker awards nominations are out (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/time-to-vote-the-2012-gooker-awards/). Like we were discussing a few months ago, 2012 was a forgettable year so nothing really stuck (or stunk) out like past years.

I voted for AJ Lee. I know people like her but the few times I've seen her it's been cringe-worthy.

And the new wrestlecrap.com launched, and like any other site that completely redesigns after 10+ years I hate it but will get used to it.

My vote went to Natalya's farting gimmick. It didn't last long but in all my years as a wrestling fan i've never seen something that stupid and pointless before. Why she didn't quit the WWE after this i'll never know. Her payckeck must be really good is all I can say.

People can shit on AJ Lee's various lovers angle all they want but it did end up putting a number of performers over. Besides AJ herself, the angle helped Bryan get over huge, helped reginvigerate Kane's career and made him a popular face again and it led to the formation of Team Hell No. Now they're using AJ to help get Ziggler more over and to introduce Big E Langston. They could scale AJ's screen time back a little now but her storyline this year has helped out more talent than it's hurt.

The Claire Lynch storyline was terrible but the excellent performaces by Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and AJ Styles helped make the horrible angle watchable.

Aces & Eights hasn't been going well lately but the story hasn't reached it's climax yet, so it's hard to vote for that when it hasn't been finished. The leader, who I believe to be Bully Ray, still has to be revealed. Only when the mastermind behind it is made known can I judge on weather the angle has been a flop or not.

The Ryder/Eve storyline tunred Eve into a star, which was something that the Diva's division desperately needed. Just because Ryder didn't benefit from it everyone shits on it. Eve turned heel and develpoed a character for the first time in her WWE career and to both her and the WWE's credit, they capitalised on that. I give Ryder credit for getting over on his own but the bottom line is, his character isn't that good, at least as a face and his in ring work is fine but nothing special.

Daniel Bryan losing to Sheamus in 18 seconds is the reason I will never pay money for a WWE PPV again. I've got no problem with Sheamus winning but to have the world title match go down like that is flat out one of the most embarrassing things Vince has ever done. Shit like this makes you wonder why you bother with the WWE anymore.

adamclark52
01-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Even though I voted for the AJ angle you never know how it could play out. Natalyas farting gimmick is over and it did nothing but damage, just like that Clair Lynch angle. But who knows where AJ or Aces & Eights could lead. It's better to wait until an angle is done before it's deemed crap (unless its just that bad). Mark Calloway probably went into the WWF's offices in 1990 and heard what they had in line for him and probably though his career was going to go nowhere fast.

Sanitarium78
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Even though I voted for the AJ angle you never know how it could play out. Natalyas farting gimmick is over and it did nothing but damage, just like that Clair Lynch angle. But who knows where AJ or Aces & Eights could lead. It's better to wait until an angle is done before it's deemed crap (unless its just that bad). Mark Calloway probably went into the WWF's offices in 1990 and heard what they had in line for him and probably though his career was going to go nowhere fast.

The Claire Lynch angle didn't do that much damge. Daniels and Kazarian really shined in their role during it and came out of it much better than they were before it. They had been tagging for awhile before this angle but they never truely developed their characters as a team until this storyline. They are easily two of the best reasons to watch TNA now. Without this storyline, I don't think Daniels and Kaz would've came up with the entertaining characters they have now.

Now that i'm talking about this stuff it does seem that some of the bad angles this year did have some good come out of them at least.

rjturtle9
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Daniel Bryan losing to Sheamus in 18 seconds is the reason I will never pay money for a WWE PPV again. I've got no problem with Sheamus winning but to have the world title match go down like that is flat out one of the most embarrassing things Vince has ever done. Shit like this makes you wonder why you bother with the WWE anymore.

Not to mention it was the first match on a Wrestlemania card. That loss was just horrific. I didn't even watch all of Wrestlemania after that. Just the main events.

adamclark52
01-11-2013, 05:49 PM
The Claire Lynch angle didn't do that much damge. Daniels and Kazarian really shined in their role during it and came out of it much better than they were before it. They had been tagging for awhile before this angle but they never truely developed their characters as a team until this storyline. They are easily two of the best reasons to watch TNA now. Without this storyline, I don't think Daniels and Kaz would've came up with the entertaining characters they have now.

Now that i'm talking about this stuff it does seem that some of the bad angles this year did have some good come out of them at least.

I've honestly only read about the Clair Lynch angle and heard that it was terrible. And how the WWE had an angle that was very similar after it.

I hope it wins. That way TNA can finally have something to post on the front page of their website and tell the world that they beat the WWE at something two out of the last three years.

Sanitarium78
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Not to mention it was the first match on a Wrestlemania card. That loss was just horrific. I didn't even watch all of Wrestlemania after that. Just the main events.

The fan backlash from that has been great though. I think Vince wanted Bryan out of the title picture for good and that's why he did that. But the fans felt cheated out of a good match and bad for Bryan so they let Vince know by making him one of the most over guys in the company since then.

Wrestlemania would've made more sense to start with Big Show and Cody for the IC title. The way the angle played out, Cody had embarassing loss written all over him. Show could've came out gave Cody the knockout punch and it would've been over like that. Most importantly, it would've made sense from a storyline perspective. The choice to do that in the Sheamus Bryan match was pointless and as they proved at the next PPV, those two can have a very good match with each other. Too bad they weren't allowed to show that on the biggest show of the year.

John The Drummer
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
id laugh so hard if the leader of aces and eights turned out to be...

*drum roll*

VINCE RUSSO

dcmetal108
01-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Am I the only person here who likes Daniel Byrant?

John The Drummer
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Daniel Byrant?

whozat?

;)

John The Drummer
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
but in all seriousness, d-bry is awesome. he really needs to get into it with cm punk again. they put on some good matches.

XDoomsayerX
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM

but in all seriousness, d-bry is awesome. he really needs to get into it with cm punk again. they put on some good matches.

Like this guy said him and CM Punk need to match up again. D-bry and cesaro would put on clinics as well. Any Cesaro fans out there, he has been getting great TV time, hopefully they put him on a cool angle with someone. Also the shield kinda faded hopefully they come back again with a purpose.

John The Drummer
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
cesaro, d-bry, punk, kidd, gabriel, the wwe doesnt need people like sheamus and cena running the show with such great "rising stars" (quotes because punk and d-bry have already been around the block, but still fresh, compared to what vince shoves down our throats every week)

hinder5050
01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
daniel bryan is probaly a top 5 for me in the current wwe

Sanitarium78
01-12-2013, 04:30 AM

Do you even read this thread? Everyone here loves him from what i've read. In fact, a number of pages ago I went on about how he should be pushed as the top face in the company. At least for a little while, to give Cena a break and for Vince to decide who his next guy is gonna be. Kinda like how Bret Hart filled the gap of being the top guy between Hogan and HBK.

cesaro, d-bry, punk, kidd, gabriel, the wwe doesnt need people like sheamus and cena running the show with such great "rising stars" (quotes because punk and d-bry have already been around the block, but still fresh, compared to what vince shoves down our throats every week)

I got some bad news about Kidd, he busted his knee up bad at a recent house show and reports say he'll be out for almost a year. Him and Gabriel weren't going anywhere at all so it doesn't matter. They've been tagging for almost a year now and they've barely got any TV time. Of course it would help if either one had any character or personality to speak of that could get you behind them in the least. Being good in the ring doesn't get you much of anything in the big time, you need some kind of personality. There are very few exceptions to this, Chris Benoit being the best example. But he made everything so beliveable it was hard for people not to get behind him.

daniel bryan is probaly a top 5 for me in the current wwe

Bryan is second for me right behind Punk. After that would be Cesaro and Sandow. Punk is right at his peak now but still has a few good years left. The potential in Bryan, Cesaro and Sandow is huge and the WWE hasn't even tapped into all I feel those three are capable of.

dcmetal108
01-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Like this guy said him and CM Punk need to match up again. D-bry and cesaro would put on clinics as well. Any Cesaro fans out there, he has been getting great TV time, hopefully they put him on a cool angle with someone. Also the shield kinda faded hopefully they come back again with a purpose.

The Shield unfortunately hasn't faded yet as they broke up the first match of Smackdown last night and beat up Orton costing him the match.

XDoomsayerX
01-12-2013, 02:11 PM
The Shield unfortunately hasn't faded yet as they broke up the first match of Smackdown last night and beat up Orton costing him the match.

I probably worded that wrong. I want The Shield to become bigger and have a purpose. When they attacked Orton, it just seemed random. Pretty sure they're involved with Punk somehow.

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 03:27 PM
id laugh so hard if the leader of aces and eights turned out to be...

*drum roll*

VINCE RUSSO

Or Vince McMahon...

"It was me Dixie, it was me all along!!!!"

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 04:02 PM
It seems like TNA has made a decision I actually approve of and are scaling back to four PPV's a year. I'm sure it's mostly because they hemorrhage so much money but I think that it's a good idea.

Sanitarium78
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
It seems like TNA has made a decision I actually approve of and are scaling back to four PPV's a year. I'm sure it's mostly because they hemorrhage so much money but I think that it's a good idea.

It is a good idea to have less PPVs. It's very old school and it allows time for feuds to build up and for champions to have longer reigns. But what they're replacing the monthly PPV's with isn't. The months they don't have PPVs they will tape specially themed shows called One Night Only and it will focus on something different like one month will be the X Division and the next will be the tag team division or something. They will air on friday nights and cost $14.99.

That's right, they're gonna charge you to watch pre-taped PPVs. Dumbest idea ever since the spoilers will be out long before the show airs. This one night only concept would be better if it was on free TV but this will flop terribley for them on PPV.

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
It is a good idea to have less PPVs. It's very old school and it allows time for feuds to build up and for champions to have longer reigns. But what they're replacing the monthly PPV's with isn't. The months they don't have PPVs they will tape specially themed shows called One Night Only and it will focus on something different like one month will be the X Division and the next will be the tag team division or something. They will air on friday nights and cost $14.99.

That's right, they're gonna charge you to watch pre-taped PPVs. Dumbest idea ever since the spoilers will be out long before the show airs. This one night only concept would be better if it was on free TV but this will flop terribley for them on PPV.

Of course it will. But remember; this is a company that started out as a PPV only company and taped a months worth of shows at once. And they had the Johnsons.

It's the first Gooker nominee of 2013!

Sanitarium78
01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Of course it will. But remember; this is a company that started out as a PPV only company and taped a months worth of shows at once. And they had the Johnsons.

It's the first Gooker nominee of 2013!

Them starting out on PPV really wasn't a bad idea. Since they were a new company people were probably curious in checking them out, so I don't think the spoilers hurt them that badly then.

The problem is for those that don't get the PPVs online somehow, why would you pay for a show that was pre-taped 3 months before? They don't start airing these until april but they already taped the first two today. That's right, we know PPV spoilers months in advance. It's one thing to have them a week or a few days ahead but months? That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. I'll still probably check the shows out once they show up on a torrent site but Dixie, Hogan and whoever the hell else is in charge are more out of touch than Vince if they think people are gonna pay to watch these shows.

These shows are supposed to operate sperately from the TNA storylines so I guess they're just fun shows to watch that won't have any barring on the current angles. On free TV this is a good idea but it's not for PPVs.

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Them starting out on PPV really wasn't a bad idea. Since they were a new company people were probably curious in checking them out, so I don't think the spoilers hurt them that badly then.

The problem is for those that don't get the PPVs online somehow, why would you pay for a show that was pre-taped 3 months before? They don't start airing these until april but they already taped the first two today. That's right, we know PPV spoilers months in advance. It's one thing to have them a week or a few days ahead but months? That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. I'll still probably check the shows out once they show up on a torrent site but Dixie, Hogan and whoever the hell else is in charge are more out of touch than Vince if they think people are gonna pay to watch these shows.

These shows are supposed to operate sperately from the TNA storylines so I guess they're just fun shows to watch that won't have any barring on the current angles. On free TV this is a good idea but it's not for PPVs.

Starting as PPV only wasn't a bad idea but the way they went about it was. Look at the wrestlecrap.com induction on it. I don't know many people who were going to pay for the Flying Elvis, midgets and Jeff Jarrett as your centerpiece every week.

And the new PPV idea could work if:
1. they do what you said and have no storyline elements
and a big
2. they go all out
If they have a X-Division only PPV they have to have at least one KILLER match on it that gets a lot of internet buzz and people will pay for it. And not just Styles vs. Daniels #2934, I mean something big. Or if they have a Hardcore one they have to do something huge that people will just want to see. They'll have to focus soley on the wrestling because I don't know how many times I skipped a Smackdown because I read the spoilers two days in advance. And they'll have to do it for every PPV.

Speaking of wrestlecrap.com, the new site is brutal.

PVH5150
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Full list of 2013 PPVs

Royal Rumble – 1/27/13 – Phoenix, AZ
Elimination Chamber – 2/17/13 – New Orleans, LA
WrestleMania – 4/7/13 – East Rutherford, NJ
Extreme Rules – 5/19/13 – St. Louis, MO
TBD – 6/16/13 – Chicago, IL
Money In The Bank – 7/14/13 – Philadelphia, PA
SummerSlam – 8/18/13 – Los Angeles, CA
Night Of Champions – 9/15/13 – Detroit, MI
Over The Limit – 10/6/13 – Buffalo, NY
Hell In A Cell – 10/27/13 – Miami, FL
Survivor Series – 11/24/13 – Boston, MA
TLC – 12/15/13 – Houston, TX

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I will be ordering the Royal Rumble this year. I do every year. It's consistantly my favorite PPV. Even if the Rock wins, whatever. Me and my wife print out a list of all the participants and try to guess who's next, competing for the title "Queen of the Rumble". I won last year.

I may order Wrestlemania just because it's Wrestlemania. It depends on if I get my kids to bed in time. Last year I had my son sleeping by 7:45 and was ready to go, and I forgot that Wrestlemania always starts an hour earlier. So I wasn't going to pay for a show that was already an hour in (and I read results online and was just a little off-put by the first match).

PVH5150
01-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm shocked we're getting another PPV so soon. We had Rumble 11 & Night of Champions 12. Now Survivor Series 13 (we also has Survivor Series 08).

Before that, they were few and far between.

Survivor Series 93, Wrestlemania 14, King of the Ring 2000, Royal Rumble 03 & Summerslam 06. Probably more if you count Worcester & Providence, but I have no clue what those cities have hosted.

I don't like the fact that Los Angeles is the home of Summerslam now. That was one of the better events I went to when it was here in 2006.

I may try to get a nosebleed seat for Mania, just to say I was there. But that's a total crapshoot. Jersey in April? Could be 90 degrees, could be a blizzard.

Sanitarium78
01-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Full list of 2013 PPVs

It's good to see they've settled on the location for the Rumble since it's only a couple weeks away:lol:

The last PPV I went to here was Armageddon 2008 where I had to witness the horror of Jeff Hardy winning his first WWE title in a triple threat against Edge and Triple H. Awesome crowd reaction when he won but to this day I don't get his appeal and the guy has zero talent. He has always had mathes with the best guys possible so Jeff Hardy has always looked way better than what he is. All the great matches he's been in are because a superior worker carried his ass. He has never once elvated anyone or helped to make anybody look good. I don't understand why this guy has been so protected by the wrestling world since he started.

Night Of Champions 2011 came here but I skipped that due to how badly they botched CM Punk's push after Summerslam that year. If the WWE is doing OK and the card looks like it might be worth checking out live i'll try and go to Over The Limit later this year. But that PPV is happening when the WWE is traditonally on their "don't give a shit until the Rumble" part of the year, so who knows if the card will be any good.

PVH5150
01-13-2013, 07:19 AM
It's good to see they've settled on the location for the Rumble since it's only a couple weeks away:lol:

The last PPV I went to here was Armageddon 2008 where I had to witness the horror of Jeff Hardy winning his first WWE title in a triple threat against Edge and Triple H. Awesome crowd reaction when he won but to this day I don't get his appeal and the guy has zero talent. He has always had mathes with the best guys possible so Jeff Hardy has always looked way better than what he is. All the great matches he's been in are because a superior worker carried his ass. He has never once elvated anyone or helped to make anybody look good. I don't understand why this guy has been so protected by the wrestling world since he started.

Night Of Champions 2011 came here but I skipped that due to how badly they botched CM Punk's push after Summerslam that year. If the WWE is doing OK and the card looks like it might be worth checking out live i'll try and go to Over The Limit later this year. But that PPV is happening when the WWE is traditonally on their "don't give a shit until the Rumble" part of the year, so who knows if the card will be any good.

I disagree to a point. As a singles competitor, I can understand where you're coming from. However, I distinctly remember him & Matt having some of the most awesome tag team matches in the 1999-2001 window. Royal Rumble 2000 against the Dudleys & Mania 17 in the first TLC match come to mind.

adamclark52
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
During his first run with the WWE I thought Jeff Hardy was pretty good. All those TLC matches, the match with RVD at Invasion and especially the match against the Undertaker for the WWE title (in May or June 2002) was all great stuff. But yeah, he was just a spot monkey. I never saw too much ECW or X-Division stuff at that point, so Jeff Hardy was the most extreme (X-Treme) high-flying guy I'd seen. I just don't buy him as World Champion material. Solid upper-mid card guy who steals the show; yes, absolutely, he did that for years. Guy who the show is built around and the marquee name; no. And I've probably read too much into the internet dirt sheets because now when I see they guy I just see a burnt out junkie who's going to end up like Jake Roberts (same goes for Matt, probably more so).

It also doesn't help that on one of his DVDs there was a section with his music...my wife wanted to watch it...we made it through about twenty seconds...dear god.

Sanitarium78
01-14-2013, 06:12 AM
I disagree to a point. As a singles competitor, I can understand where you're coming from. However, I distinctly remember him & Matt having some of the most awesome tag team matches in the 1999-2001 window. Royal Rumble 2000 against the Dudleys & Mania 17 in the first TLC match come to mind.

Those matches weren't great because of Jeff Hardy. They were great because of the gimmick and the fact that there were five awesome workers, Matt Hardy, The Dudleys and Edge and Christian to make it great. Look at his career, he's always been matched up with guys who at a completely other level than him. The reason for that is because he's not very good and he needs the best workers in order to make him look like he's something. Every great match he's every been in has always been because he's in the ring with people like The Undertaker, RVD, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guererro, CM Punk, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode. Those are just a few examples, the list goes on and on. The guy is incapable of having a good match unless he's going against the best workers possible. If Jeff Hardy was as special as they want us to believe he is then he could have a good match with anybody. That's what true main eventers and talented wrestlers do. Jeff Hardy has proven time and again that he can't get it done unless he has someone carry his useless ass to something special.

For some reason the wrestling world has always had a hard on for the guy and he gets handed everything and protected worse than Randy Orton has. I just don't get it.

During his first run with the WWE I thought Jeff Hardy was pretty good. All those TLC matches, the match with RVD at Invasion and especially the match against the Undertaker for the WWE title (in May or June 2002) was all great stuff. But yeah, he was just a spot monkey. I never saw too much ECW or X-Division stuff at that point, so Jeff Hardy was the most extreme (X-Treme) high-flying guy I'd seen. I just don't buy him as World Champion material. Solid upper-mid card guy who steals the show; yes, absolutely, he did that for years. Guy who the show is built around and the marquee name; no. And I've probably read too much into the internet dirt sheets because now when I see they guy I just see a burnt out junkie who's going to end up like Jake Roberts (same goes for Matt, probably more so).

It also doesn't help that on one of his DVDs there was a section with his music...my wife wanted to watch it...we made it through about twenty seconds...dear god.

It's funny the reason you liked Jeff Hardy is the main reason I didn't like him from the start. I had been watching ECW for a fews years before he came to the WWF and had seen RVD and Sabu do all this crazy high flying shit for awhile. Jeff Hardy was pretty much a copycat of what those two had been doing in ECW and he was a bad copycat to. Everything he did, all the high flying spots and risk taking was done first and much better by RVD and Sabu. I know wrestlers rip each other off all the time with moves and storylines but it was just so blantanly obvious Jeff was trying to be RVD and Sabu that it was just fuckin sad and unoriginal.

Jake Roberts has been trying to clean himself up recently from what i've read. Matt Hardy has got himself back together after his meltdown a couple years ago and is now werstling in ROH and i'm sure he's taking other independant bookings. I will give Jeff Hardy credit for one thing, it does seem he's sobered up and gone straight since he's come back to TNA. But he's just a terrible world champ and his reign has screwed up all the good shit TNA had been doing last year.

dcmetal108
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Full list of 2013 PPVs

I wonder what the Chicago one is?

Also remember the 20th anniversary Raw is on tonight!

PVH5150
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM

Also remember the 20th anniversary Raw is on tonight!

One can hope they bring back King of the Ring. Never understood why they got rid of that.

adamclark52
01-14-2013, 03:57 PM

What was Junes PPV last year?

Sanitarium78
01-14-2013, 04:29 PM

I think it's the WWE's new PPV concept. TBD will be the night where all matches are made up on the spot. No hype, no anything, you don't know what matches you will see until the show is going:lol:

dcmetal108
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Kinda dumb idea unless the matches are kickass.

I mean like the matches aren't the same guys fighting each other like every week.

XDoomsayerX
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Eve Torres, a beautiful woman and talented wrestler, just quit. Women's division is complete trash now.

JRA
01-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't know, that seemed a bit kayfabe to me.

XDoomsayerX
01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't know, that seemed a bit kayfabe to me.

I looked it up and it seems legit. I just dont see why that division exists still.

Diff note they gonna just feed Ziggler to Cena? seriously they make him look so weak. He carries the whole match and Cena gets multi kick outs while Ziggler cant kick out of a random FU. :tp::tp:

rjturtle9
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
This episode of Raw is boring as fuck! Just as usual.

dcmetal108
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I've known for a few days that Eve was quitting. I think she is going to TNA.

Raw was generic though but that Rock part was funny as all fuck.

John The Drummer
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
im glad you guys are on the east coast. saves me time in case RAW ends up sucking :D
<3

PVH5150
01-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Eve Torres, a beautiful woman and talented wrestler, just quit. Women's division is complete trash now.

Kaitlyn is hotter and a better wrestler.

PVH5150
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
That was the most underwhelming "special" episode of wrestling I've ever seen.

Hell, I was at the fucking Decade of Smackdown episode in Boston and at least we got to hear Iron Sheik rant for a couple minutes!

JRA
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
That was the most underwhelming "special" episode of wrestling I've ever seen.

Hell, I was at the fucking Decade of Smackdown episode in Boston and at least we got to hear Iron Sheik rant for a couple minutes!

FACK DE TOMMOLLOW! U NO FACK DEALL CUM 2NITE!

FACKIN BULLSHIIII!

PVH5150
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
FACK DE TOMMOLLOW! U NO FACK DEALL CUM 2NITE!

FACKIN BULLSHIIII!

CAMEL CLUTCH MAKE YOU HUMBLE!!!!!!

dcmetal108
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
The thing is there was nothing special about the episode other than the flashbacks they did showing clips. That and McMachan stating how its because of him that everything is so big and how hes a huge fucking genius.

adamclark52
01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
That's the thing with nostalgia, even it can get old. From what I've heard this was almost a carbon copy of the RAW 10th anniversary show (worst gimmicks, flashbacks, Vince). I think they may have done awards that night too, but they do that every year now. And having the 1000th episode special six months ago doesn't help either. In this digital age when I can see whatever I want whenever I want you have to come up with something better than a bunch of clips.

XDoomsayerX
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
They just need quality matches and better promos. Is it really that hard? and fuck they something on Wednesdays now?! :confused:

dcmetal108
01-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Well there was suppose to be a shit load of WWF guys on Raw last night but like 2 days before this Vince called and cancelled the entire thing to do a regular Raw instead.

dcmetal108
01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
WZ has learned from sources inside WWE that the reason The Undertaker, Bret Hart and other big name legends weren't used on Raw last night was because Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels weren't available.

As reported, Austin and HBK were both in Las Vegas for a hunting convention which is why they weren't in Houston for RAW.

Because those two could not make it, WWE decided to drop any plans of using other big name legends, most notably The Undertaker and Bret Hart. The feeling was they didn't want to have a bunch of legendary names on RAW and it draw attention or heat on Austin and Michaels for not being there.

Mick Foley was there obviously for the Hall of Fame announcement.

As for Ric Flair being there, his appearance was justified as he was on RAW a few weeks ago and is slowly being worked back in as a regular role player on WWE programming.

So this happened.

John The Drummer
01-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Well that's stupid. Stone Cold was at the 1000th Episode either. :eyes:

Sanitarium78
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Kinda dumb idea unless the matches are kickass.

I mean like the matches aren't the same guys fighting each other like every week.

I was joking about that. They're probably working on a new PPV theme and just don't know what it is yet. WCW isn't around anymore, so nothing like that is likely to happen.

Diff note they gonna just feed Ziggler to Cena? seriously they make him look so weak. He carries the whole match and Cena gets multi kick outs while Ziggler cant kick out of a random FU. :tp::tp:

Ziggler does a good job of making himself look weak without Cena's help. His offense isn't impressive at all and Ziggler just doesn't have "it" plain and simple. A great IC/US champ and part time main eventer from time to time but he will never have a big run as a top guy. His best ability is making others look good and the WWE will forever use him for that.

He wasn't even supposed to win MITB. Barrett was set to win it lasy year before he got injured. I think they just gave it to Dolph with no plans whatsoever for him to do anything with it.

Kaitlyn is hotter and a better wrestler.

Who's hotter is certainly debatealbe but who's a better wrestler isn't. Eve is a lot better wrestler and is a legitimate fighter. Eve has trained in brazillian jujitsu at the Gracie academy for years now. She's leaving the WWE to start up a women's self defense class there. Kaitlyn has come along nicely over the last two years considering she had no wrestling experience before this. But Eve is much better and if she wanted to, she could grab one of Kaitlyn's limbs, take her down and have her tapping out in 20 seconds.

Well that's stupid. Stone Cold was at the 1000th Episode either. :eyes:

Austin was recovering from a knee surgery he had a few weeks before the show and was on crutches. Hard to whoop somebody's ass like that.

I love how people think these legends have nothing better to do than sit by the phone and wait for the WWE to call them up for some special RAW. These guys have their own lives and other commitments, they just don't jump and say "yes" everytime the WWE comes calling.

I don't recall much talk on the previous RAWs about a lot of old timers being on hand for this weeks RAW. So i'm not sure what everyone is so upset over:confused:

XDoomsayerX
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Ziggler does a good job of making himself look weak without Cena's help. His offense isn't impressive at all and Ziggler just doesn't have "it" plain and simple. A great IC/US champ and part time main eventer from time to time but he will never have a big run as a top guy. His best ability is making others look good and the WWE will forever use him for that.

He wasn't even supposed to win MITB. Barrett was set to win it lasy year before he got injured. I think they just gave it to Dolph with no plans whatsoever for him to do anything with it.

Who's hotter is certainly debatealbe but who's a better wrestler isn't. Eve is a lot better wrestler and is a legitimate fighter. Eve has trained in brazillian jujitsu at the Gracie academy for years now. She's leaving the WWE to start up a women's self defense class there. Kaitlyn has come along nicely over the last two years considering she had no wrestling experience before this. But Eve is much better and if she wanted to, she could grab one of Kaitlyn's limbs, take her down and have her tapping out in 20 seconds.

Damn you aint Ziggler fan. Its cool to each their own. All that eve stuff I didnt know but she looked better in the ring, like more fluid and smooth ya know doing moves n stuff. Kaitlyn is okay at best, attractive sure. At least she aint kelly kelly god what an awful wrestler.

JRA
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
I don't recall much talk on the previous RAWs about a lot of old timers being on hand for this weeks RAW. So i'm not sure what everyone is so upset over:confused:

There's also the problem that this was unfortunately just way too soon after the 1000th episode special. They bring in the legends as attractions and for that one they pulled out all that they could. They were probably hoping to get everyone that wasn't there for the 1000th episode (including Austin) and just came up short.

I thought the reason Austin wasn't at the 1000th episode was because he was shooting a film?

dcmetal108
01-15-2013, 07:10 PM

They never announced it to the public but they already had the calls made for WWF guys to be on but since Stone Cold and HBK were in Texas or something for a gun show they cancelled them all.

Sanitarium78
01-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Damn you aint Ziggler fan.

Actually I don't mind him at all. I just don't think he's a permanent main eventer. His offense is too weak, the addition of the superkick is a good one but let's face it when does that move not look impactful? His promos are inconsistant as fuck and he just doesn't have the it factor. There's nothing wrong with being a successful midcarder your whole career. Plenty of guys have done that and are remembered for the great work they did. Ziggler would progress further in his career if he didn't sell so good for his opponets. Until he stops that all he's gonna be used for is to make everyone else look good and that's what will keep him in the midcard. I don't know, there's just something missing with him. Honestly, in another 10-15 years, I don't think most fans will even remember Ziggler.

They never announced it to the public but they already had the calls made for WWF guys to be on but since Stone Cold and HBK were in Texas or something for a gun show they cancelled them all.

I believe I read the gun show was in Vegas. I think some fans get too upset over this stuff though. I'm glad they had the anniversary show and let the current roster take the spotlight. Maybe Vince will learn to let the current guys run with the ball more often and not rely on the old guys all the time because there will come a time when Rock, Triple H and Taker can't do it anymore and he will have to look to the current roster to draw.

By the way, how awesome was it that Barrett beat Orton clean on RAW? They fucked up Barrett's return at first but since winning the IC title it looks like he's back on track. Hopefully he can win MITB this year like he was supposed to last year before he got hurt.

dcmetal108
01-16-2013, 05:27 AM
I was expecting Orton to win but I heard that he might be taking some time off of WWE for personal reasons so he might start to slowly fade away then maybe make his return and win the belt.

adamclark52
01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Honestly, in another 10-15 years, I don't think most fans will even remember Ziggler.

They may forget Dolph Ziggler but I'll never let the memory die...of...NICKY!

Sanitarium78
01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
They may forget Dolph Ziggler but I'll never let the memory die...of...NICKY!

The Spirit Squad was an awful gimmick but at least it's one that will be remembered. I can't say the same for the lame character Ziggler has now.

So, I read that the WWE is looking to induct DX, Hall & Nash into the hall of fame this year. I have no problem with that other than the fact this mean that one of the most annoying pieces of shit ever in the world of wrestling, X-Pac will get in before way more deserving guys.

adamclark52
01-16-2013, 05:17 PM
So, I read that the WWE is looking to induct DX, Hall & Nash into the hall of fame this year. I have no problem with that other than the fact this mean that one of the most annoying pieces of shit ever in the world of wrestling, X-Pac will get in before way more deserving guys.

He needs the crack money too.

JRA
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I gotta say, after watching Sean Waltman's YouShoot, I just can't hate the guy.

adamclark52
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
So they're wanting to get Brock for another year (http://www.twnpnews.com/2013/01/wwe-offers-a-new-contract-to-brock-lesnar/). I like the guy's character and think he'd be a fool not to sign it...so I doubt he'll sign it.

rjturtle9
01-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Just got back from my first WWE house show. It was pretty cool!

Sanitarium78
01-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Just got back from my first WWE house show. It was pretty cool!

My first house show was back in 1986. Hulk Hogan defended the title against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff in the main event.

I'm sure your house show had a main event world title match that involved a red hot fued between two hated rivals as well. Oh wait, the WWE doesn't have rivalries like that anymore nevermind:lol:

So, what matches took place at the show?

rjturtle9
01-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Um, let me see if I can remember...

Brodus Clay vs JTG

Jack Swagger vs some dude who's never on tv

The current Divas champion vs Jimmy Snucka's daughter

Damian Sandow vs some NXT dude

Damian Sandow and Cody Rhoads vs NXT dude and Rey Mysterio

John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler

Intermission

Zack Ryder vs Tensai

Antonio Ceasaro vs The Miz

CM Punk vs Ryback

Lots of rasslin, little talking.

JRA
01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
My first house show was back in 1986. Hulk Hogan defended the title against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff in the main event.

Was it this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMwCIdp-Ik&feature=context-vrec

adamclark52
01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
The line up of entrants for the Rumble this year is looking so much better than last years; a who's who of...who?

Hopefully it's a good one.

And with seven spots open I'm gonna call it now: returning will be Brock Lesnar, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, the New Age Outlaws and MVP.

Sanitarium78
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Was it this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMwCIdp-Ik&feature=context-vrec

The link isn't working. It wasn't a special show or anything, it was just a regular house show the match took place at. They had a big rivalry at the time and they probably ran this match at a lot of house shows leading up to their big steel cage match for the belt in early 1987 on an episode of saturday nights main event. Not too long after this Hogan started his fued with Andre for WM3. Imagine that today though, months of build up to a match that actually got you excited and anticipating what would happen. Orndorff was a serious threat to Hogan and him winning the belt wouldn't have been shocking, but obviously they had much bigger plans for Mania that year.

The line up of entrants for the Rumble this year is looking so much better than last years; a who's who of...who?

Hopefully it's a good one.

And with seven spots open I'm gonna call it now: returning will be Brock Lesnar, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, the New Age Outlaws and MVP.

The rumble match is always fun but when you already know the winner ahead of time it's not as exciting. This year it's so obvious that Cena is winning so he can take the title from the Rock at mania. No other outcome makes sense at all.

Shelton is coming back for sure. I read that he gave his notice to ROH and will be back. It would be cool to see Carlito and the NAO come back for a little while to. The midcard does need some credible guys to come back and help get the younger guys over a bit.

The only way I want MVP back is if the WWE gives him the main event push and world title run he should've rightfully had in his first time there. I really don't know how you fuck up a guy with that much star quality and main event potential. The guy just has "it" and the fact that Vince fucked that up somehow is one of the biggest mistakes he's made over the last 5 or 6 years.

adamclark52
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
The rumble match is always fun but when you already know the winner ahead of time it's not as exciting. This year it's so obvious that Cena is winning so he can take the title from the Rock at mania. No other outcome makes sense at all.

Shelton is coming back for sure. I read that he gave his notice to ROH and will be back. It would be cool to see Carlito and the NAO come back for a little while to. The midcard does need some credible guys to come back and help get the younger guys over a bit.

The only way I want MVP back is if the WWE gives him the main event push and world title run he should've rightfully had in his first time there. I really don't know how you fuck up a guy with that much star quality and main event potential. The guy just has "it" and the fact that Vince fucked that up somehow is one of the biggest mistakes he's made over the last 5 or 6 years.

Of the guys I listed I think the most likely to return are, in order:
1&2. The New Age Outlaws
3. Hacksaw Jim Duggan (he always shows up as filler)
4. Shelton Benjamin
5. MVP
6. Carlito
7. Brock Lesnar

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Nice to see a thread like this here. Guess I will list my top 5 favs lol.

1. Punk
2.The American Dragon aka Bryan Danielson :rocker::rocker::rocker:
3. Antonio Cesaro
4. Damien Sandow
5. Ziggler

Soon as they start single matches Ambrose and Rollins will be up there for sure :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Also Punk's second major pipe bomb on Jan 7th was just fucking amazing. So glad WWE has been giving him free will on the mic cause he is the ultimate heel and the best person on the mic.

"You can't leave a mark on the champs face. Come Royal Rumble, understand, when you step in the ring...Your arms are too short to box with god"

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::r ocker:

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
They gave Punk free reign on mic because they know he will say whatever he wants anyway.

Watch his dvd they put out when he talks about it. His first free speech he did got cut off when he started bashing Vince.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
They gave Punk free reign on mic because they know he will say whatever he wants anyway.

Watch his dvd they put out when he talks about it. His first free speech he did got cut off when he started bashing Vince.

Dude, I'm a big Punk fan lol. Bought that shit on bluray first day and been following him since ROH. I seriously marked out so bad when they let him air his frustrations live like that. A lot of people thought it was fake but the real fans knew that shit was 100% RAW(no pun).

It's just nice to see them actually give someone who isn't Trips, Cena, or Rock the mic power like that.

Want more pipe bombs :party::party:

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Remember in the dvd when he talked about a small promotion named Steel Domain he did when he first started?

I've known him since then. Seeing him as a small child getting the shit beat out of him for like 30 minutes lol. I still have the video my dad took of it too.

Oh yeah and CM Punk only lives like 20 minutes at most from me!

Sanitarium78
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
I've known him since then. Seeing him as a small child getting the shit beat out of him for like 30 minutes lol. I still have the video my dad took of it too.

You're 19 and you're talking about seeing the now 34 year old CM Punk as a small child:lol:

As far as the original pipe bomb goes, didn't they say on the DVD that the WWE knew he was gonna air his grievences but they didn't know what he was gonna say? I thought his mic getting cut off was part of the plan the whole time to make it seem more real. His mic got cut off the next week to so I think that was always supposed to be part of it.

The interviews Punk has had the last three weeks have been awesome. Too bad it will all be for nothing since we all know The Rock is winning on sunday. And why shouldn't the Rock win? He's so worthy right? Putting the belt on the Rock is like promoting a person who only works 12 hours a week at a job to the head of the company.

Punk's title reign has been so meaningful and brought so much prestige back to that shitty looking belt, that when he loses he should lose to someone who can benefit from it. Not to someone who's only here for a couple months and will be gone for the rest of the year once mania is over.

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 03:02 PM
I should of worded that different haha. I watched Punk wrestle when I was a small child lol.

And yeah I think WWE knew he was going to say whatever was bothering him but didn't know the extant of what would be said.

JRA
01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Punk's title reign has been so meaningful and brought so much prestige back to that shitty looking belt

No he really hasn't. The only reason he's had it for this long is because management figured out that they can just make Cena look like he's above the belt by having him headline every PPV without a title match anyway. They made it clear that the belt doesn't mean jack shit because Cena is still their top guy. They might as well throw the belt away and call it the John Cena show at this point.

rjturtle9
01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
No he really hasn't. The only reason he's had it for this long is because management figured out that they can just make Cena look like he's above the belt by having him headline every PPV without a title match anyway. They made it clear that the belt doesn't mean jack shit because Cena is still their top guy. They might as well throw the belt away and call it the John Cena show at this point.

This! He headlines everything, whether it be a title match, non title match, or even a shitty promo.

PVH5150
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
This! He headlines everything, whether it be a title match, non title match, or even a shitty promo.

And this is 97% of the reason I stopped watching on a full time basis in 2005 when it first became the John Cena show. I started again for a while in 2006 when the DX reunion & ECW came around. After those fizzled out, I watched the Chris Benoit memorial show before anybody knew what happened surrounding that case. Then.....it became the PG circus. Since 2008, I've probably watched 10 full episodes and gone to 2 live events (Survivor Series 08 & Royal Rumble 11). Nothing about the business excites me anymore.

Meanwhile, I'm at home with every episode of Raw from 1998 to 2003, every episode of Smackdown from 1999 to 2003 & every PPV from 1998 to 2003 on my external drive. I still get goosebumps from some of those events after I haven't watched them for years.

rjturtle9
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Meanwhile, I'm at home with every episode of Raw from 1998 to 2003, every episode of Smackdown from 1999 to 2003 & every PPV from 1998 to 2003 on my external drive. I still get goosebumps from some of those events after I haven't watched them for years.

I needa get that on mine!!!!

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I have all the wrestling PPV's from like 78 to 2004 from every promotion on dvd along with a shit load of of old WWF tapes, ECW, WCW, TNA , ROH, and then a couple hundred more random wrestling dvds lol.

JRA
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I have all the wrestling PPV's from like 78 to 2004 from every promotion on dvd along with a shit load of of old WWF tapes, ECW, WCW, TNA , ROH, and then a couple hundred more random wrestling dvds lol.

What about Mid-South and AWA?

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
What about Mid-South and AWA?

A majority of them.

PVH5150
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM

A few of those are worth a mint if you have the original packaging & still in good condition. I know for a fact that a few of the In Your House PPVs from 1996 were only sold through mail-in and they've fetched close to 150 bucks on eBay.

dcmetal108
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
A few of those are worth a mint if you have the original packaging & still in good condition. I know for a fact that a few of the In Your House PPVs from 1996 were only sold through mail-in and they've fetched close to 150 bucks on eBay.

Well they are worth nothing now because they were all transferred from the original VHS's my dad had of them off and he threw away all the ORIGINAL WRESTLING VHS'S AFTERWARDS :(

adamclark52
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I never chimed in on the Dolph Ziggler conversation that was going on a few pages ago. I see the guy as potentially being the Curt Henning of his generation. A guy who consistently has solid matches and carries his opponents a lot of the time, but never gets to that top level. He'll never be a World Champ (except for maybe a month) but will always be in the upper-mid card having dependable matches that make a PPV worth watching (when the main event is another Cena vs. whoever). And maybe, in ten to fifteen years he'll be revered like Curt Henning is.

My biggest problem with him has always been the name. What a stupid handle they gave the guy. What was wrong with Nick Nemeth?

Sanitarium78
01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
I never chimed in on the Dolph Ziggler conversation that was going on a few pages ago. I see the guy as potentially being the Curt Henning of his generation. A guy who consistently has solid matches and carries his opponents a lot of the time, but never gets to that top level. He'll never be a World Champ (except for maybe a month) but will always be in the upper-mid card having dependable matches that make a PPV worth watching (when the main event is another Cena vs. whoever). And maybe, in ten to fifteen years he'll be revered like Curt Henning is.

My biggest problem with him has always been the name. What a stupid handle they gave the guy. What was wrong with Nick Nemeth?

Ziggler will never be revered as Henning is. Dolph just doesn't have that something special that Curt did. Henning would've been WWF champ if it wasn't for that back injury that took him out for awhile.

adamclark52
01-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Ziggler will never be revered as Henning is. Dolph just doesn't have that something special that Curt did. Henning would've been WWF champ if it wasn't for that back injury that took him out for awhile.

I think he has the potential. I really like what I've seen from the guy. I remember when he first showed up with that greasy mullet, I was like "you're fucking kidding me". He's done well since then.

Oh, and

Dolph Ziggler: greasy mullet
Curt Henning: greasy mullet

Sanitarium78
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
I think he has the potential. I really like what I've seen from the guy. I remember when he first showed up with that greasy mullet, I was like "you're fucking kidding me". He's done well since then.

Oh, and

Dolph Ziggler: greasy mullet
Curt Henning: greasy mullet

Curt Henning:

A top ten all time worker both in the ring and on the mic.

A true wrestling legend in his own time and now.

Greatest IC champ of all time.

Was so good he made the IC title as important as the world title.

A FUCKIN WRESTLING GOD

Dolph Ziggler:

...... hold on i'm thinking of something.......

...... OK still thinkin.......

Oh wait, i've got it now!! The guy hasn't done shit enough to even be considered anything like Curt Henning.

The mullet is where the comparisons end. Ziggler will be 33 years old this year and has still yet to really do anything that significant and impactful in the wrestling world. When Henning was 33 he was already out of wrestling because of his back injury. He had his most memorable run as Mr. Perfect and he had a huge impact and influence on future generations of wrestlers from '88-'91. When he came back in '92 he was still very good but obviously his back issues prevented him from performing at a level a world champ would need to.

If Ziggler has all this potential, why hasn't he reached it yet? It seems to me that by this age we would know for sure how great he is, we don't though. Most main event talents by the time they get Ziggler's age, you know that they are great. How much longer does Ziggler need to prove that he is great? My answer is never because if he was, we would've seen it by now and there would be no debate about how good he is. He's a good talent, but he's just not good enough to reach the potential so many think he can.

I can't believe I actually had to put up an argument about how Ziggler is nowhere in Henning's league and never will be. Henning's body of work stands on it's own and is remembered now and will always be remembered for decades to come. Ziggler on the other hand hasn't had that memorable of a career and he never will.

I really want to like Ziggler more, but the IWC overates the crap put of him so much that it makes it hard for me to do that.

adamclark52
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Curt Henning:

A top ten all time worker both in the ring and on the mic.

A true wrestling legend in his own time and now.

Greatest IC champ of all time.

Was so good he made the IC title as important as the world title.

A FUCKIN WRESTLING GOD

Dolph Ziggler:

...... hold on i'm thinking of something.......

...... OK still thinkin.......

Oh wait, i've got it now!! The guy hasn't done shit enough to even be considered anything like Curt Henning.

The mullet is where the comparisons end. Ziggler will be 33 years old this year and has still yet to really do anything that significant and impactful in the wrestling world. When Henning was 33 he was already out of wrestling because of his back injury. He had his most memorable run as Mr. Perfect and he had a huge impact and influence on future generations of wrestlers from '88-'91. When he came back in '92 he was still very good but obviously his back issues prevented him from performing at a level a world champ would need to.

If Ziggler has all this potential, why hasn't he reached it yet? It seems to me that by this age we would know for sure how great he is, we don't though. Most main event talents by the time they get Ziggler's age, you know that they are great. How much longer does Ziggler need to prove that he is great? My answer is never because if he was, we would've seen it by now and there would be no debate about how good he is. He's a good talent, but he's just not good enough to reach the potential so many think he can.

I can't believe I actually had to put up an argument about how Ziggler is nowhere in Henning's league and never will be. Henning's body of work stands on it's own and is remembered now and will always be remembered for decades to come. Ziggler on the other hand hasn't had that memorable of a career and he never will.

I really want to like Ziggler more, but the IWC overates the crap put of him so much that it makes it hard for me to do that.

My key word was "potential". He hasn't reached that level, and he probably never will but he might.

You never know what could happen. Who'd have thought the Ringmaster would've been so huge, or that Sin Cara would've been such a collosal failure (in some eyes).

dcmetal108
01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah Ziggler had potential as a wrestler but instead they gave him a shitty personality and Vince will never let him do anything.

Instead the reign on Cena will continue.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-24-2013, 07:06 PM
This would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than fucking Miz getting Falir's Figure 4.

"- The current storyline where The Miz is being pushed as the "next Ric Flair" was originally earmarked for Dolph Ziggler. With Ziggler, the idea was going to be more of Flair being his manager but Ziggler was going to be given the Figure Four and doing the same gimmick Miz is doing as a babyface.

Regarding turning Ziggler babyface, it looks like those plans have been put on hold for the time being."

Sanitarium78
01-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Yeah Ziggler had potential as a wrestler but instead they gave him a shitty personality and Vince will never let him do anything.

Instead the reign on Cena will continue.

There's a lot you can blame on Vince, but Ziggler's lack of charisma and good mic skills isn't one of them. The guy just doesn't have the ability to connect with the WWE audience on a large scale. That is what will prevent him from going any further than he is. Maybe a face turn will change that because Dolph wrestles more like a face with the way he sells moves.

This would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than fucking Miz getting Falir's Figure 4.

"- The current storyline where The Miz is being pushed as the "next Ric Flair" was originally earmarked for Dolph Ziggler. With Ziggler, the idea was going to be more of Flair being his manager but Ziggler was going to be given the Figure Four and doing the same gimmick Miz is doing as a babyface.

Regarding turning Ziggler babyface, it looks like those plans have been put on hold for the time being."

I wonder how true this is? Just seems stupid to waste something like this on The Miz. He's OK in the role he's got now but he's just never gonna be that big. Flair passing the torch to Ziggler could've been the one thing to solidify him in the main event picture. Especially if Flair did most of the talking. I think I smell a classic Flair double cross on Miz coming.

Did everyone see how bad Miz botched the figure four in his match with Ziggler on RAW? How do you fuck up a move that bad, especially when it's supposed to be your new finisher? When my brother and I used to wrestle around the house when we were kids, I was always able to put that move on him pretty easily. If we could do it at home there's no reason Miz can't do it right in the ring:lol:

dcmetal108
01-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Yeah I saw how he fucked that move. I remember when I use to put that on my little brother with ease lol. Miz needs to learn to wrestle lol. I still find it funny that he was just some reality star who got lucky in WWE.

adamclark52
01-25-2013, 07:59 AM
I really don't like the Miz. I couldn't stand the guy from day one in the $1,000,000 Tough Enough, I could tolerate him when he was teaming with Morrison (only because I liked Morrison) and I couldn't fucking believe it when they put the title on him AND put him in the main event of a Wrestlemania.

Maybe I'd like him more in a role of a Chris Jericho, early WWF mid-card heel. But as a main-eventer, no way, never. And as a face, no way.

He's always going to be that retard from some reality show.

But it just goes to show that you have no idea who's going to go where. I stopped watching wrestling in 1993 and came back in 1998 and couldn't believe how much the careers of guys like HBK, HHH, Hall and some many others had changed. If I had of stopped in 2008 and tuned in today I would probably be amazed at how things had changed.

dcmetal108
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
See I never liked the Miz even when he was with Morrison. I never even like Morrison a bit.

adamclark52
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
See I never liked the Miz even when he was with Morrison. I never even like Morrison a bit.

I wasn't huge on Morrison either, save those few times he pulled off a cool jump or that one Rumble where he hung on to the guardrail. I think his finisher was kinda cool too.

But teamed with a moron like Miz he was gold.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2013, 04:03 PM
I thought Miz & Morrison were a good team. Miz was the only guy that was able to get Morrison to show any kind of personality and that's really the only time in Morrison's run with the WWE that I liked him.

As far as the Miz goes, I never saw any of the reality shows he was on and never heard of him until he came to the WWE. You got to give the guy some credit though because it's obvious that he's worked hard to improve himself since he first started. He's nothing great in the ring but his work is certainly acceptable and he can put on some decnt macthes with the right people. His IC title run really helped him out a lot and I think he's better now than he was when he was WWE champ.

Miz cashed in the MITB before he was ready. He never had that defining fued that made you think he was ready for the main event before the cash in. His face run has been awful so far, he hasn't changed his character one bit from when he was a heel and that's why it's not working. On the other hand Del Rio's face turn is working out very well, there's little things he's changed with his character and how he carries himself. It really is the little things the wreslters do that make the face/heel turns work successfully.

dcmetal108
01-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Jake The Snake IndieGogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/jakethesnake?c=home)

So Jake The Snake started a indie go go campaign for making in helping him make a comeback and get the arm surgery he needs.

They rewards are really good to from being in his new documentary credits to autographs, shirts, phone calls, weekly video chats, and the grand one people getting to come over and stay at DDP's house with him and DDP for a few days.

I'll be getting the autograph and dvd I think.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Looks like Carlito and Shelton Benjamin might in the rumble. Both spotted in Phoenix :party::party::party:

PVH5150
01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Looks like Carlito and Shelton Benjamin might in the rumble. Both spotted in Phoenix :party::party::party:

That would be cool. Shelton was always one of my favorites.

dcmetal108
01-27-2013, 08:55 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483104_526402587380611_1506685533_n.jpg

This is a indy show by me next month! I hope I can go!

adamclark52
01-27-2013, 09:59 AM
So from what I've heard somewhere between 17 and 24 people are confirmed for the Rumble tonight, including: Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Jinder Mahal, John Cena, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Michael McGillicutty, Randy Orton, Ryback, Sheamus, The Great Khali, The Miz, Titus O’Neil, Wade Barrett and some NXT rookie who won some tournament.

I think it's a good bet that Cena will win, but let's have some fun and pick someone else to win. I'll go with Randy Orton. Ziggler and the Miz will probably have the best showings. And the Uso's will be the yearly "in there for less than ten seconds" guys.

dcmetal108
01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
I say Ziggler and he'll cash it after wrestlemania when Cena has the belt and lose.

Also everyone please watch this clip from Jake The Snake :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCEJ2quQTw

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Rumble in a hour :party::party::party:

Here is a stream if anyone needs one:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/165869/1/watch-wwe-royal-rumble-2013.html

Can't wait for Rock to box with god. Punk going to kick some ass tonight. In Punk we trust X :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 03:00 PM
oh and Cesaro vs Miz for the US title will be the prematch to the Rumble.

If you want to see that go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/wwefannation

PVH5150
01-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Chris Masters and Shane Helms also spotted near the venue tonight

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 03:15 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! HURRICANE :party::party::party::party::party:

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Looks like Miz really fucked his knee there.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Surprise surprise Cena won the Rumble :tp::tp::finger2::finger2:

John The Drummer
01-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Who didnt see that coming v___________v

WWE.... you have proven yourself worthless.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
CENAWINSLOL

adamclark52
01-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Am I disappointed that Cena won the Rumble? Yes. Am I disappointed that none of these "surprise" entrants came to be? Yes (I don't really consider Jericho much of a surprise anymore). Am I disappointed that the Rock won? A little, I really didn't care too much because the next WWE PPV I'll probably buy is next years Rumble. But what killed the night for me was not putting the Rumble last. I hate when they do that. It just took the wind out of the sails completely for me. Part of the fun of the Rumble is, because I love it so much, waiting and anticipating for it to happen. This is only the second time I ever remember it not being the last match, and both times it's happened the show has completely been ruined for me.

The Big Show/ADR match was pretty good. The Rock/CM Punk match was okay. And the Rumble itself wasn't too bad. Better than last years by far. Ziggler, Jericho and Rhodes looked like gold, which wasn't much of a surprise. Kofi's chair bit seemed like a back-up plan when he realized there was no way he could make the jump from the announce table. But just bad placement killed it.

The Great Khali has never been a ring general by any means, but man did he look bad tonight! That poor guy can barely walk, just retire before you hurt yourself.

And I thought Santino was out for at least a year with a bad neck?

My wife is this years Queen of the Rumble again, she picked three people who were coming out next (Daniel Bryan, Jinder Mahal and Wade Barrett) to my two (Randy Orton and the Miz).

mankvill
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/397981_453151048085221_453086996_n.jpg

This would be awesome if only I knew who the 2 wrestlers were supposed to be.

adamclark52
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/397981_453151048085221_453086996_n.jpg

This would be awesome if only I knew who the 2 wrestlers were supposed to be.

That actually is hilarious. The guy with the beard is Danial Bryan and the other guy is Kane.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Kane is part of a tag team? And he's wearing the mask again?

PVH5150
01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Kane is part of a tag team? And he's wearing the mask again?

Kane returned masked at the end of 2011.
And he's been teaming with Daniel Bryan for 4 or 5 months.
Their name is Team Hell No.

JRA
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Isn't the winner of the Rumble only supposed to get a shot at the Smackdown title?

adamclark52
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Isn't the winner of the Rumble only supposed to get a shot at the Smackdown title?

It's been blurred over the years but I remember it being for a main-event title shot at Wrestlemania, at whichever title. But the last few years it seems like it's resulted in someone going after the Smackdown title, and the last couple years it's been the curtain-jerking match (first on the card).

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
I give the show a 4 out 5 even though everyone and their mother knew the outcome of today's Rumble and title match.

Pre-Show match-Cesaro vs Miz was pretty good. Looked like Miz really fucked his leg(later they said ankle) so we will see what happens with that. Cesaro looked dominate still and I am loving that he is starting to get over with the fans. Dude got a nice pop after he pinned Miz. I really like Cesaro and would make a good champion with some work.

Del Rio vs Big Show- was a fine LMS match. Good ending to it and made Del Rio believable about beating the giant. Still think this is setting up for Ziggler to cash in and win at the Chamber PPV or WM. Either way Ziggler should make a good WHC on Smackdown.

Team Hello No vs RhodeScholars- real good tag match.I love when these two teams match up cause they bring the best out of each other. I thought this was the night that THN would drop the titles but guess not :party::party:

Royal Rumble-Like someone said earlier that this should have been last. It's called the Royal Rumble for a reason and it's supposed to be the main event. Just shows how WWE works and think that stars aka Rock are bigger than this event. It was still a pretty good rumble though. At times it looked unpredictable but as soon as you saw the last three wrestlers in the ring...well the excitement went out the window. For me at least cause I knew who would win. I did like seeing Jericho return and Goldust coming back was awesome.

Main Event:

Rock vs Punk- Was not a bad match. You could tell Rock has trouble with these kind of wrestlers since they are more than the average joe big man type. Punk's unorthodox style pushed him to the limits and maybe the next match they do will be better. Was still pretty cool to see this match since I never thought I would. I liked the little mini submission wrestling they did for a good couple minutes. other than that I was pretty shocked Punk won but as soon as Vince came out the excitement left me again. I knew Rock would get his second chance and win the belt and that's what happened.

Was hoping Punk would win and then drop the belt at the Chamber PPV to Rock but guess not. Overall it was still a solid PPV even if the outcome was known before hand. Solid matches all around a and fun Rumble.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Also just found this out.

"Shelton Benjamin and Carlito did not return in the Rumble match, despite previous reports. PWInsider reports that the two ended up being booked at the same hotel WWE used because they were in town for an indy show."

And I was excited for nothing lol.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Kane returned masked at the end of 2011.
And he's been teaming with Daniel Bryan for 4 or 5 months.
Their name is Team Hell No.

It doesn't surprise me that much that they would switch the character back to his original form (kinda like what they did with the Undertaker after that whole biker gimmick phase) but in the years I watched wrassling Kane was always a loner. It's kind of weird to think of him being in a tag team unless it's with another character who has some kind of demon gimmick.

PVH5150
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
It doesn't surprise me that much that they would switch the character back to his original form (kinda like what they did with the Undertaker after that whole biker gimmick phase) but in the years I watched wrassling Kane was always a loner. It's kind of weird to think of him being in a tag team unless it's with another character who has some kind of demon gimmick.

Surprisingly, he's been tag champion in one form or another 11 times.

Twice with Mankind, Big Show, Undertaker & X-Pac and once with Daniel Bryan, The Hurricane and Rob Van Dam.

The runs with Mankind & X-Pac were both pretty early on in the Kane character. He debuted at the end of '97 and the title runs were in '98 and '99.

Chris_M_S
01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
I enjoyed it. Cena winning wasn't a surprise, neither was Rock, if you bought into the theory that they were building them to a rematch at Wrestlemania. I'm sad to see Punk's reign end, but it could make for some amusing stories going forward with him trying to get vengeance or whatever and being generally angry about everything.

Other than the result of the Rumble and the Rock/Punk shenanigans, I enjoyed everything else. I was glad to have Cesaro retain (quickly becoming my favorite), Team Hell No is a delight, even though the incident during the Rumble might mean they're nearing their end, and I love the hell out of anything Ricardo Rodriguez does, so that made for a fun match. I was surprised they didn't try to shoehorn in some divas nonsense, but they haven't built up Tamina enough yet to go for a title run against Kaitlyn, unless they're planning to have Kaitlyn vs AJ coming up, which could be amusing. Where the hell has Layla been?

Anyway, yeah, it was fun. Just bought tickets for the house show in Cape Girardeau, MO, in 2 weeks, where one of the advertised matches is Team Rhodes Scholars (I proudly own a Damien Sandow shirt) vs ...the New Age Outlaws? What? But we also get Punk, Miz, Cesaro and Ryback, so it should be pretty fun.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Looks like Brock is set for two more years in the WWE :party::party::party:

According to a reliable source, Brock Lesnar has reportedly come to terms with WWE on a deal that will keep him with the company for 2 more years, through WrestleMania 31.

Lesnar has been working on a 1-year limited-appearance deal that called for approximately two appearances per month. With Lesnar off WWE television since the summer, WWE has been saving up the remaining dates on his current deal and plans to feature Lesnar prominently on television in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 29.

Lesnar’s new contract would presumably include similar terms and opens up a slew of new storyline possibilities in the months ahead.

elturtleboy
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
I enjoyed The Rock/Punk match a lot. More tha I expected. Cena wining the rumble was lame but totally expected. Also,I got so excited when Goldust came out.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Team Rhodes Scholars (I proudly own a Damien Sandow shirt)

Dude! I love the Damien Sandow evolution shirt. I want one so bad lol.

adamclark52
01-27-2013, 11:28 PM

It's sort of an odd-couple, love/hate relationship with the two of them.

And with that beard, Daniel Bryan could be confused for some sort of devil. They do call him a "goat" a lot.

PVH5150
01-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Looks like Brock is set for two more years in the WWE :party::party::party:

According to a reliable source, Brock Lesnar has reportedly come to terms with WWE on a deal that will keep him with the company for 2 more years, through WrestleMania 31.

Lesnar has been working on a 1-year limited-appearance deal that called for approximately two appearances per month. With Lesnar off WWE television since the summer, WWE has been saving up the remaining dates on his current deal and plans to feature Lesnar prominently on television in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 29.

Lesnar’s new contract would presumably include similar terms and opens up a slew of new storyline possibilities in the months ahead.

So, 10 million dollars for 50 or so dates?

What a lucky fucking prick.

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
The Rock won and Cena won -______-

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 12:42 PM
I really hope Vince thinks of the fans for once and makes the WM Main Event The Rock vs Cena vs Punk. We all know that won't happen though.

adamclark52
01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
I keep saying it; but Cena beats Rock this year, they're tied 1-1, that sents up the tie-breaker at WM30 next year. Bank on it.

JRA
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
I keep saying it; but Cena beats Rock this year, they're tied 1-1, that sents up the tie-breaker at WM30 next year. Bank on it.

:hecho: Sanitarium, I have no idea how you've managed to put up with this crap for 27+ years.

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Just read a review on Amazon where someone said that the PG stands for "Predictable Garbage" :lol:

adamclark52
01-28-2013, 03:58 PM
I've been watching for just as long as Sanitarium and it's always peaks and vally's. What was awesome then isn't that great, in hindsite. And what sucks now may be looked fondly upon in the future. A lot of people look fondly on the Hulkamania years now, but I'm sure it was sickening to some people at the time. And how is this any different, really? It twenty years when (I don't know) Bo Dallas is starting his thirty-seventh one month reign as WWE champion we might look back at Rock vs. Cena and say, "those were the good ol' days".

Speaking of Bo Dallas, he did great last night. They should've spent some more time focusing on him because that's how you make a star.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Lets see where Raw takes us tonight.

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM

I'm not even going to waste my time. Luckily I have band practice so I'll miss a good hour and a half of RAW anyways.

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2013, 04:05 PM
So not only was the ending of thw royal rumble itself lame but Punk vs Rock was a borefest of a match. so slow and rock botched a lot of moves.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
So far so good lol. Punk going crazy.

Looking forward to Cesaro vs Orton.

adamclark52
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
A lot of people are saying a "pipe-bomb" and a "gong".

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
This looks like the end of Heyman and Punk :'( Such a damn good team to break up. On the other hand guess it's setting up for Lesnar's return in a couple months with Heyman.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM

TAKER :party::party::party::party::rocker::rocker::rocke r::rocker:

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Ohhhh ok... a CM Punk promo may actually be amazing.

This looks like the end of Heyman and Punk :'( Such a damn good team to break up. On the other hand guess it's setting up for Lesnar's return in a couple months with Heyman.

I'm glad, I really don't like Heyman with him. A lot of people on here think its a great team, but I just don't see it. Punk doesn't need Heyman to praise him and talk him up, Punk can do that on his own.

adamclark52
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I'd say a gong is more likely than a pipe-bomb.

But, it is the 'E. We may just get a whole lotta Cena and the Rock and maybe a pissed off Punk doing nothing?

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Welp, the positive I could take out of that match is Cesaro still looks dominate and that Orton needed help to beat him.

dcmetal108
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Random news :

Ziggler said he will unify the two titles at WM this year.

Word is that WWE reached out to Trish Stratus last week, regarding being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. According to reports, she has accepted the offer to be inducted.

Shelton Benjamin, Carlito and Shane Helms as well as many others were called out to Phoenix, AZ and were told they’d be a part of the Rumble PPV. As always, plans changed and they were “screwed” over. All were backstage at the event and went there earlier in the day thinking they’d be returning in the Rumble match

Jericho is back for another year with the WWE. Bruno Sammartino has agreed to be put in the WWE Hall of Fame. Brock Lesnar resigned with the WWE for another 2 years.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
HOLY SHIT! Bo Dallas beat Wade Barrett in a match :eek::eek::eek:

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Ziggler said he will unify the two titles at WM this year.

Ziggler should have won the Royal Rumble, then used it to face The Rock at WrestleMania for the WWE title, and cashed in his MitB to win the World Title sometime in between.

I'm not a Ziggler fan, but it'd sure mix everything up... WWE needs that.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
The Shield seriously need to be booked in a match on Raw already.

adamclark52
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Shelton Benjamin, Carlito and Shane Helms as well as many others were called out to Phoenix, AZ and were told they’d be a part of the Rumble PPV. As always, plans changed and they were “screwed” over. All were backstage at the event and went there earlier in the day thinking they’d be returning in the Rumble match

If they got their flights and hotels paid for and maybe a little money for their troubles I'd be like "sure, Lanny Poffo did it, so can I"

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Poor Albert. Nothing will ever change for him lol.

dcmetal108
01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
If they got their flights and hotels paid for and maybe a little money for their troubles I'd be like "sure, Lanny Poffo did it, so can I"

They maybe got their hotel payed for. I mean I know Shelton has a huge push to come back and he just left ROH.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
LESNAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
So wait a second...Jericho, The Rock, and Lesnar are back interesting.

WM this year wouldve been better had it been The Rock vs Cena II no title, Punk vs Undertaker Title vs The Streak(too bad they really never let Punk make the WWE Championship mean something and made him a using cheap tactic same ol heel stint at times) Ziggler vs Jericho MiTB briefcase on the line and then a decent under card involving Cesaro, Barret, D-Bry and what not.

Who knows we may still get quality matches which is what matters.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2013, 05:18 AM
Overall, I thought the Rumble was OK. Del Rio and Show put on the best match of the night. Nice spot with Show throwing Del Rio off the light stacks and through the table. Cool ending to the match to, going back to how Cena beat Batista a couple years ago in their LMS match.

The tag title match was decent but nothing really that special. We've seen these guys wrestle in one form or another consistantly for the last few months so the freshness of it is taken away now. I'm surprised they didn't go with the title change since Sandow can certianly use some gold around his waist and is good enough to carry Cody for a bit in order to keep Rhodes relevant. Just like Sandow has since the tag team first got together. Since both the IC and US champs are heels right now, I really don't know what they have in store for Sandow going into mania if they're not gonna let him have a run with the tag titles.

The Rumble as always was a fun match but way too many nobody's that you knew had no chance of winning. The best part was Jericho's return. Holy shit what loud reaction he got. If I were there I would've been losing my mind like everyone else did when he came out. After the reaction Goldust got and the encounter he had with Cody, I would keep Goldie around and build a good undercard match between the two for mania. If they can somehow make Dusty the guest referee that would be great. I knew Cena would win and that made it pretty anticlimatic. If you really wanted to see the crowd explode at the end, Jericho should've won. A very nice showing for Jericho and I loved when the crowd chanted "you still got it" he said "I never lost it, baby!!" You're damn right Jericho.

Punk and Rock was just terrible. I've never seen Punk have to carry a match like he did that one. Rock was fuckin useless and did absolutely nothing to make the match good. Punk did everything in his power to save this crap match but when you're wrestling an aging, part time wreslter who was never that good in the ring during his prime anyways, there is only so much the great CM Punk can do to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

JBL has some great comments during the match though. He said how there's a difference between being in shape and being in ring shape. Rock was not in ring shape for this match and it was so obvious. Kudos to JBL for pointing this out since it was obvious the Rock just wasn't ready for this match. The ending sucked and Punk has every right to be pissed. He pinned the Rock in the ring and won the match. His long title reign shouldn't have ended in a screw job like that. But it's not like Vince cares about the belt anyways. He just put it on a fuckin part timer who hasn't done shit recently to earn that.

RAW was a pile of crap for the most part. Orton/Cesaro and Sheamus/Sandow were good macthes but the bulk of the show was filler garbage. Punk, Jericho and Lesnar's retun saved the show from being a complete loss. As usual, Jericho saves us once again. I'm surprised Vince took the F5. I read awhile back that because of his age and doctors orders he wasn't allowed to take bumps anymore. Nice to see Lesnar back. There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.

Lastly, I know the WWE hall of fame is joke for the most part but it's nice to see Trish Stratus get in. Now if she can just get back the look she had when she wrestled before the induction we'll be all set. She's still hot now but my god her body was unbelievable back when she was wrestling.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Trish is still smoking and I could really care less about Lesner being back because his contract is still just do a few PPV's and then a Raw beforehand to promote it.

Also I heard the Golddust vs Rhodes match is a huge possibility right now but it'll have to answer soon because Golddust is planning on retiring.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Trish is still smoking and I could really care less about Lesner being back because his contract is still just do a few PPV's and then a Raw beforehand to promote it.

At first I didn't like the agreement they made with Lesnar. But now I realise he's nothing more than a special attraction for them. If he's used more often it simply doesn't become speical at all. When he shows up, you know something major is going down. He's like a popular recurring character on a TV show who always makes an impact when they show up. They lay low for awhile and then when they finally come back around you know something big is happening. That's exactly the role Lesnar has now and i'm OK with that.

Because of the surgeries he had for his severe case of diverticulitis I doubt he could do a full time schedule anyways. That was one of the major things that caused him to leave the UFC. He just couldn't take shots to the gut anymore.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 06:40 AM
See I don't dig the whole thing of Lesner coming in, beating the shit out of someone the leaving. I don't like the whole UFC tough guy coming out to hurt someone angle they gave him.

adamclark52
01-29-2013, 08:54 AM
I forgot about Jerichos "I never lost it, baby" comment. Classic Jericho.

He's the reason I started re-watching wrestling in '98. I thought it was cool to see all the guys I grew up watching still kicking around in WCW and it was cool to see all these new stars that the WWF had made, but the one thing that stuck with me was this guy in WCW with goofy hair who came out to a backwards version of Pearl Jams Even Flow and made fun of Konnan. Jericho saved me in 1998! If he does the cocky heel gimmick again; gold.

JRA
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.

Spoony argued that element of danger evaporated when he lost to Cena the first time.

adamclark52
01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
This is pretty funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uEVzknxE&feature=player_embedded).

And something tells me this guy is a member of the F.A.N. boards and has close to 20,000 posts since Feb 2012.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Spoony argued that element of danger evaporated when he lost to Cena the first time.

Who the hell is Spoony? I think Lesnar got that element back after he hurt both HBK and HHH this summer.

This is pretty funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uEVzknxE&feature=player_embedded).

And something tells me this guy is a member of the F.A.N. boards and has close to 20,000 posts since Feb 2012.

That's a funny video. The guy is right though, Rock is just back to promote a movie and then he's leaving. The WWE title should never be given to a part timer. I don't care what they did in the past or what their drawing power is.

And who the fuck is this Bo Dallas nobody and why is pinning the IC champ in two minutes with some crappy looking move? It would've been fine of it was a competitive 10 minute match and he caught a worn down Barrett by surprise with the move. But to pin him while he was still fresh so quickly really makes their IC champ look weak and a champ should never look weak in the ring.

XDoomsayerX
01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
The Rumble as always was a fun match but way too many nobody's that you knew had no chance of winning. The best part was Jericho's return. Holy shit what loud reaction he got. If I were there I would've been losing my mind like everyone else did when he came out. After the reaction Goldust got and the encounter he had with Cody, I would keep Goldie around and build a good undercard match between the two for mania. If they can somehow make Dusty the guest referee that would be great. I knew Cena would win and that made it pretty anticlimatic. If you really wanted to see the crowd explode at the end, Jericho should've won. A very nice showing for Jericho and I loved when the crowd chanted "you still got it" he said "I never lost it, baby!!" You're damn right Jericho.

Punk and Rock was just terrible. I've never seen Punk have to carry a match like he did that one. Rock was fuckin useless and did absolutely nothing to make the match good. Punk did everything in his power to save this crap match but when you're wrestling an aging, part time wreslter who was never that good in the ring during his prime anyways, there is only so much the great CM Punk can do to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

JBL has some great comments during the match though. He said how there's a difference between being in shape and being in ring shape. Rock was not in ring shape for this match and it was so obvious. Kudos to JBL for pointing this out since it was obvious the Rock just wasn't ready for this match. The ending sucked and Punk has every right to be pissed. He pinned the Rock in the ring and won the match. His long title reign shouldn't have ended in a screw job like that. But it's not like Vince cares about the belt anyways. He just put it on a fuckin part timer who hasn't done shit recently to earn that.

RAW was a pile of crap for the most part. Orton/Cesaro and Sheamus/Sandow were good macthes but the bulk of the show was filler garbage. Punk, Jericho and Lesnar's retun saved the show from being a complete loss. As usual, Jericho saves us once again. I'm surprised Vince took the F5. I read awhile back that because of his age and doctors orders he wasn't allowed to take bumps anymore. Nice to see Lesnar back. There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.

Sooo much right on this post. Especially the bold. I was seriously shocked how bad the Punk/Rock match was. I mean i thought it wouldve been at least good back n forth match but nope. I also dug Punks comments on Raw about how he'll be here to wrestle whenever but that doesnt work for The Rock only does PPVs.

JRA
01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Who the hell is Spoony? I think Lesnar got that element back after he hurt both HBK and HHH this summer.

A fuckface that used to make 90 minute videos of him being on camera alone and unscripted whining about how TNA episodes sucked in 2010 (not that they didn't, but he still sucks). I was just hoping you would say something that would prove him wrong and that was all I needed.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
I guess Lesner broke Vince's pelvis from that F5.

Sanitarium78
01-30-2013, 05:43 AM
I guess Lesner broke Vince's pelvis from that F5.

I read that there was footage on WWE.com of Vince getting put into an ambulance after that. From what i've read it seems like it's a real injury. Vince didn't take the move right either. You're supposed to land flat on your face while taking the F5, not flipping onto your back.

Of course the nearly 70 year old Vince shouldn't be taking a move like that from a beast like Lesar in the first place.

rjturtle9
01-30-2013, 07:32 AM
I read that there was footage on WWE.com of Vince getting put into an ambulance after that. From what i've read it seems like it's a real injury. Vince didn't take the move right either. You're supposed to land flat on your face while taking the F5, not flipping onto your back.

Of course the nearly 70 year old Vince shouldn't be taking a move like that from a beast like Lesar in the first place.

From what I read, the injury is a work just to get Triple H back and have him fight for his father in law. The way Vince took the F5 was so that he could land on his back, much easier than a front bump. If I was someone his age, I would have landed that way too, and this is coming from someone who was trained by a pro to take bumps, so I know what I'm talking about.

Chris_M_S
01-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Nevermind that shit.

JACK SWAGGER IS BACK

Sanitarium78
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Nevermind that shit.

JACK SWAGGER IS BACK

I never understood why they buried the guy as bad as they did. He didn't make a good world champ but that's more the WWE's fault for giving him the belt way too soon.

I think they've done all they can with him as a heel. It's time to make him a face and play up the whole all american american thing and have him fued with Cesaro over the US title. With the way Cesaro has been putting down america the storyline pretty much writes itself and you can have Swagger beat him for the belt and bring the US title "back home".

While Swagger may not be a main eventer for them ever again, the guy has the skills to go in the ring. There's no reason he can't be a succuessful midcard guy for the WWE.

Chris_M_S
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I only realized the other day that I went to college with him. IF ONLY I HAD BEEN FRIENDS WITH JACK SWAGGER

Chris_M_S
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Also, yeah, the Swagger vs Cesaro thing makes sense. I bet they do that at house shows before they make it a TV angle (if they do), because pretty much only faces win at house shows, especially the ones I go to in rural Missouri. My friends and I are the only smartasses who show up cheering for Tensai and Cesaro and Sandow and etc. Layla came out to fight Aksana in a ridiculous American flag getup that I don't remember her ever wearing on TV.

John The Drummer
01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I was watching a few short clips from the Rumble... a couple things I noticed...

1. WHY HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THE GODFATHER EVEN SHOW UP IF HES GOING TO BE ELIMINATED THE MOMENT HE GETS IN THE RING!? I know... WWE is stupid and known for this, but way to slap him and every fan of the Attitude Era in the face.

2. Goldust's appearance definitely seemed to go over well with everyone. Like it was a huge thing, as if it were... say... Stone Cold randomly showing up (k, maybe not THAT big, but still). I really hope they let him feud with his brother, that'd be fun to watch. (Didn't they already feud though?)

Chris_M_S
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
You guys, Miz TV is on! Ryback is talking! I have it on mute! Big E Langston should be the only person allowed to do interviews from here on out

Sanitarium78
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
I was watching a few short clips from the Rumble... a couple things I noticed...

1. WHY HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THE GODFATHER EVEN SHOW UP IF HES GOING TO BE ELIMINATED THE MOMENT HE GETS IN THE RING!? I know... WWE is stupid and known for this, but way to slap him and every fan of the Attitude Era in the face.

2. Goldust's appearance definitely seemed to go over well with everyone. Like it was a huge thing, as if it were... say... Stone Cold randomly showing up (k, maybe not THAT big, but still). I really hope they let him feud with his brother, that'd be fun to watch. (Didn't they already feud though?)

The reason the Godfather got eliminated so quickly is because he's been retired for a few years and was probably in no shape to do anything in the ring. I read awhile back that he owns a strip club in Vegas and that's all he does now. The WWE paid him to show and he probably thought it would be something fun to do even though he only lasted a few seconds.

Cody and Goldust have never feuded. A couple years ago they had an encounter during a segament on Smackdown. But it wasn't Goldust, he came out to talk to Cody as himself but nothing else came of it. So the rivalry would be fresh if it were to happen.

Chris_M_S
01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I LOVE DANCIN' TENSAI

Sanitarium78
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I LOVE DANCIN' TENSAI

You should probably just quit watching wrestling then.

adamclark52
01-30-2013, 06:39 PM
You should probably just quit watching wrestling then.

This is actually the second time they've done that to the poor guy. I remember around the end of the Invasion they teamed him up with Scotty II Hotty and started calling him the "Hip-Hop Hippo". And it lasted until Wrestlemania X8.

Sanitarium78
01-30-2013, 07:54 PM
This is actually the second time they've done that to the poor guy. I remember around the end of the Invasion they teamed him up with Scotty II Hotty and started calling him the "Hip-Hop Hippo". And it lasted until Wrestlemania X8.

Yeah and it absolutely sucked then to. Of course anything with Scotty 2 Hotty sucked. The only reason he got over was because everyone loved Rikishi so much and he was buddies with him on screen. Same goes for Lawler's kid.

Albert should've never been brought back with the whole Japanese gimmick. If he was actually Japanese and not fat, bald and white it could've worked. They should've just brought him back as A-Trian which was the best of all his characters from his first run in the WWE. They could've still acknowledged his time in Japan and tweaked his character a little to incorporate what he learned during his time there. The "Albert" chants wouldn't have been an issue and possibly never would've happened in the first place.

It doesn't matter anymore now since he fucked himself over when he sandbagged Ryback a few months ago when he went all dead weight and didn't give him any help when Ryback was trying to get him up for his finisher. That's why he's back to doing comedy again.

adamclark52
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
I remember A-Train actually having some decent matches in the WWE in 2002/2003 and showing some good wrestling skills. I remember his match with the Undertaker at Summerslam 2003 being surprisingly good.

I'm sure he'll get "future endevored" soon. Too bad, but as long as he got some $$$ I'm sure he'll go back overseas and make a decent career a bit richer.

Chris_M_S
01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Dude had the hairiest back I've ever seen back in the day

dcmetal108
01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
E60: The Scott Hall Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4IbTRRtSc)

For anyone that didn't see the ESPN thing about Scott Hall.

Chris_M_S
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Just watched it. I knew he was in bad shape, but holy shit.

John The Drummer
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Caught the last 45 minutes of Impact last night....
TNA NEEDS to do big arenas all the time, it helps so much.

adamclark52
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Caught the last 45 minutes of Impact last night....
TNA NEEDS to do big arenas all the time, it helps so much.

Seriously, they were in a big arena? It wasn't five hundred people in a five thousand seat arena?

And way to go TNA winning the 2012 Gooker! At least you beat the WWE at something! If only it wasn't for sucking more than they did. But damnit, WE WON!

"This is wrestling"

"This is wrestling"

Chris_M_S
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
DON'T MISS THE RETURN OF JACK SWAGGER TONIGHT ON SMACKDOWN EVERYONE

SWAG SWAG SWAG

John The Drummer
02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Seriously, they were in a big arena? It wasn't five hundred people in a five thousand seat arena?

And way to go TNA winning the 2012 Gooker! At least you beat the WWE at something! If only it wasn't for sucking more than they did. But damnit, WE WON!

"This is wrestling"

"This is wrestling"

an arena in england. looked pretty packed, tbh.

DON'T MISS THE RETURN OF JACK SWAGGER TONIGHT ON SMACKDOWN EVERYONE

SWAG SWAG SWAG

OMG HE NEEDS A GIMMICK LIKE THAT
#SWAGger

Sanitarium78
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
TNA recorded a months worth of Impact shows during their UK tour last week. Yes, they do fill up arenas in the UK and are more popular there than the WWE is over there. I guess fans over there like good wrestling, storylines with a point, interesting characters and are tired of getting their intelligence insulted by Vince on a regular basis. Oh yeah, TNA is also TV14 so you don't have to worry about any kiddy crap all the time.

Starting in March, TNA will permanently be taking Impact on the road every week. The first stop is in Chicago. It only took them ten years but they finally got their heads out of their asses and realise that they need to take their major program on the road.

Hopefully, over the next couple years they can expand enough to give the WWE some serious competition. The only way Vince is gonna change anything is if he gets a swift kick in the ass from the competition like WCW did in 1996.

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
From what I read, the injury is a work just to get Triple H back and have him fight for his father in law. The way Vince took the F5 was so that he could land on his back, much easier than a front bump. If I was someone his age, I would have landed that way too, and this is coming from someone who was trained by a pro to take bumps, so I know what I'm talking about.

He has a real hip injury that requires surgery. That F5 and and injury they said he has is a work to get him off tv so he can have his surgery.

PVH5150
02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
TNA recorded a months worth of Impact shows during their UK tour last week. Yes, they do fill up arenas in the UK and are more popular there than the WWE is over there. I guess fans over there like good wrestling, storylines with a point, interesting characters and are tired of getting their intelligence insulted by Vince on a regular basis. Oh yeah, TNA is also TV14 so you don't have to worry about any kiddy crap all the time.

Starting in March, TNA will permanently be taking Impact on the road every week. The first stop is in Chicago. It only took them ten years but they finally got their heads out of their asses and realise that they need to take their major program on the road.

Hopefully, over the next couple years they can expand enough to give the WWE some serious competition. The only way Vince is gonna change anything is if he gets a swift kick in the ass from the competition like WCW did in 1996.

Last time I saw TNA, there were about 500 people in an 8,000 seat arena.

If they're gonna take this on the road permanently, they need to scale back to, at most, 2,500 seat theaters.

If they keep booking major arenas week after week, I give them a year, two at most, before they're bankrupt.

John The Drummer
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I was really bored last night and ended up watching a little bit of Smackdown. It's gotten better, since I used to watch it at least.

I've never been too big on Del Rio, but the last few matches I've watched... damn, he can really put on an amazing match. I hope he goes far, he seems to be one of the few that WWE seems to be doing something right with (which sadly isn't saying much, :lol: )

Jack SWAGgger has stepped it up quite a bit too. I used to hate him, but now he just has so much more aggression and so much more energy, or it seems like it at least. I can see him being either a super Heel or a super Face, and not be as annoying as John Cena.

adamclark52
02-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Sunday January 27th, 2013
10:42pm: Michael destroys copy of "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment" Blueray

Monday January 28th, 2013
10:00am: Best Buy opens, Michael rebuys Blueray copy of "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment" due to collection incompletion.

Chris_M_S
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
We are witnessing the SWAGpocalypse

John The Drummer
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM
What happened on RAW? I got caught up watching "two best friends play..." and didn't care to watch Monday Night Cena.