PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

rjturtle9
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Is anyone gonna check out the new Punk DVD that came out yesterday? I'm probably gonna watch it today or tomorrow. It's kind of dumb for the WWE to turn him heel before the planned DVD was to be released though. Keeping him a fan favorite would've helped it sell more.

I really want to buy the bluray, especially for all the IWA and ROH stuff on it. And I was thinking the same thing, he should have stayed face for the dvd release but hey, that's WWE thinking for ya.

dcmetal108
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I really want to buy the bluray, especially for all the IWA and ROH stuff on it. And I was thinking the same thing, he should have stayed face for the dvd release but hey, that's WWE thinking for ya.

I will be buying the blu ray of it. I still have a camera tape my dad recorded over 12 years ago of a indie show we went to (I was like 6). It had CM Punk wrestling a match where all he did was get the shit beat out of him.

Sanitarium78
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I've only watched the documentary part of the CM Punk DVD and it was excellent. It was a lot longer than others they've done before. It went into pretty good detail and it talked a lot about his early years and had a good amount of time dedicated to when he was in Ring Of Honor. I also liked how they mentioned the backstage politics that go on and how Punk had to deal with that in the WWE. I'm surprised they would do that with a DVD about one of their current top stars. But i'm guessing Punk wouldn't let them release it unless there was complete honesty in it.

After last night's RAW I really think they're gonna put the title on Ryback. They're giving him the Ultimate Warrior/Goldberg/Lesnar push and the crowd is responding to it really well now. They may as well go with it and see what happens, maybe they have a new star on their hands? If it doesn't work then you just have him drop the title back to Punk.

dcmetal108
10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
I loved in the Punk documentary how they've talked about Steel Domain because thats where I first saw him in 2000 and the guy he's friends with Colt Cabana I've seen him wrestle a ton, recorded a few matches of him and talked to the guy a shit ton of times.

I also liked how CM Punk made it clear that he is a punk and hardcore fan. From what I understand they made the dvd off of Punk's rule on what he wanted to do and say.

adamclark52
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I've only watched the documentary part of the CM Punk DVD and it was excellent. It was a lot longer than others they've done before. It went into pretty good detail and it talked a lot about his early years and had a good amount of time dedicated to when he was in Ring Of Honor. I also liked how they mentioned the backstage politics that go on and how Punk had to deal with that in the WWE. I'm surprised they would do that with a DVD about one of their current top stars. But i'm guessing Punk wouldn't let them release it unless there was complete honesty in it.

After last night's RAW I really think they're gonna put the title on Ryback. They're giving him the Ultimate Warrior/Goldberg/Lesnar push and the crowd is responding to it really well now. They may as well go with it and see what happens, maybe they have a new star on their hands? If it doesn't work then you just have him drop the title back to Punk.

At least they dropped the Skip Sheffield cowboy gimmick he had in FCW. That would put the asses in the seats.

John The Drummer
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM

The Documentary was amazing. I too am surprised the WWE actually allowed all that backstage stuff to be involved in the DVD. Talking about "writing" new scripts and stuff. We all know WWE is fake, but still, shocking they would actually do something like that.

I haven't looked up the results of RAW, but is it gonna be CM Punk vs Ryback at the next PPV????

Sanitarium78
10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
I haven't looked up the results of RAW, but is it gonna be CM Punk vs Ryback at the next PPV????

Yes, Cena had elbow surgery earlier this month and still isn't cleared to compete yet. So they've thrown Ryback into the title picture to take his place. I don't get why you have to look up the results of RAW when there are recording devices available now where you can actually record the show and then watch it when you have time. Futuristic concept, I know;)

For those that don't know WWE has a show on wednesday nights called WWE Main Event which is show on the station ION. Anyways, Kofi beat Miz for the IC title on tht show tonight. So let's congradulate Kofi on not only winning the real IC title belt but also being stuck in the exact same spot he was in three years ago. The guy can go in the ring, can talk and has good charisma, as to why he isn't a main eventer yet is very puzzling to me.

John The Drummer
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes, Cena had elbow surgery earlier this month and still isn't cleared to compete yet. So they've thrown Ryback into the title picture to take his place. I don't get why you have to look up the results of RAW when there are recording devices available now where you can actually record the show and then watch it when you have time. Futuristic concept, I know;)

For those that don't know WWE has a show on wednesday nights called WWE Main Event which is show on the station ION. Anyways, Kofi beat Miz for the IC title on tht show tonight. So let's congradulate Kofi on not only winning the real IC title belt but also being stuck in the exact same spot he was in three years ago. The guy can go in the ring, can talk and has good charisma, as to why he isn't a main eventer yet is very puzzling to me.

I dont have any way to record it, smartass :finger:

JRA
10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
You know there's actually a decent chunk of heat for that title match. One the one hand, this would certainly give Ryback a chance to be taken seriously, and losing this match would stall things for his career. On the other hand, I don't think CM Punk should lose the title yet. What they need to do his get rid of Heyman and turn Punk back to the character of just burying everything that sucks about the product.

Theory = Punk loses to Ryback, Cena beats Ryback and gets the title back on him. Dumb idea, but they clearly don't believe in Punk as a champion, and have had Cena headline over him regardless. At least this way Punk doesn't lose his credibility.

John The Drummer
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I second your idea of getting rid of Heyman and turning Punk back into that character. Not a Face, but not a full on Heel. What I have noticed with WWE, their image of a "super heel" is someone with no personality. Not saying Punk's current character doesn't have personality, but it is very watered down from what he can do.

When they gave Jericho a huge heel turn, no personality, just very serious. Randy Orton, no personality (and still none :lol: ). WWE needs to just go for it and not make their characters so fucking stale.

Give Punk the microphone and no script and let him do his thing, ratings will fly.

rjturtle9
10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I really don't want Punk to lose the belt any time soon. I want to see Rock and Punk at Royal Rumble!

Sanitarium78
10-25-2012, 04:26 PM
I really don't want Punk to lose the belt any time soon. I want to see Rock and Punk at Royal Rumble!

Punk might actually win on sunday. The hot rumor going around is that Lesnar will come down and cost Ryback the match. Probably something like giving him an F5 and then throwing Punk on top for the pin. It still makes Punk look like the weak heel the WWE wants him to be and it doesn't damage Ryback too badly since he was screwed by a force stronger than him in Lesnar.

WWE needs to do something because this weeks RAW had the lowest TV rating since 1997. I know that there was football, baseball playoffs and the presidential debate but RAW only getting a 2.5 cable rating with only 3.5 million viewers is very alarming. They might just go through with Ryback winning to see if that gets fans interested again because right now they're just not.

Rock and Punk will be a good feud mainly because Punk will school the Rock on the mic and show everyone how stale the Rock's act really is. But there's no way someone who's not even a part time wrestler right now should win the WWE championship. I don't care who you are, putting the belt on the Rock is like putting the belt on Lesnar, HHH or Taker right now. If they're not full time they shouldn't be getting the major title but unfortunately that's probably what will happen at the Rumble. Then I will quit watching wrestling until after Mania so I don't have to sit through another Rock title run.

We're lucky this isn't the attitude era anymore, I would really be going off on how much I can't stand the Rock:D

rjturtle9
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Rumor has it, WWE wants Rock vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania. I could see it happening. Two biggest contracts headlining Mania for the title seems like the best route for them at this point. We will have to wait and see in 4 months...

John The Drummer
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Oh, may I add more Ryback shit?

He sucks in the ring still. He is so sloppy. He looks stiff when delivering, but when he is receiving he is beyond terrible and cannot sell worth a shit (omg that sounded so wrong)

JRA
10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Because you know, making Punk look like a strong heel is completely out of the question. Has it never occurred to them that the reason they have low ratings is because they're booking Punk to look weak?

and honestly, I never liked The Rock that much either. He is one of the great talkers, but the only reason he got over is because his gimmick was a bully and a lot of the kids that grew up in the 80's and 90's were bullying teenagers themselves and he gave them material.

Sanitarium78
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh, may I add more Ryback shit?

He sucks in the ring still. He is so sloppy. He looks stiff when delivering, but when he is receiving he is beyond terrible and cannot sell worth a shit (omg that sounded so wrong)

It was the same with The Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg when they were the faces of their companies. Both were shit in the ring but they had that character mystique to them that got the fans behind them and Ryback has the same thing going for him right now. If it brings something fresh to the main event scene and most importantly, makes money then they should go with it. Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.

One more thing about the bad RAW rating's, before Punk's heel turn the show was getting around a 3.0 rating with around 4.5 to 5 million veiwers every week. The rating's started regularly dropping below that since Punk went full on heel. Besides Orton, Punk was the only other guy on the roster all the fans could agree on cheering for. The heel turn has turned fans away and is hurting their veiwership right now.

JRA
10-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.

Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Wo7hLTIE

dcmetal108
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
It was the same with The Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg when they were the faces of their companies. Both were shit in the ring but they had that character mystique to them that got the fans behind them and Ryback has the same thing going for him right now. If it brings something fresh to the main event scene and most importantly, makes money then they should go with it. Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.

One more thing about the bad RAW rating's, before Punk's heel turn the show was getting around a 3.0 rating with around 4.5 to 5 million veiwers every week. The rating's started regularly dropping below that since Punk went full on heel. Besides Orton, Punk was the only other guy on the roster all the fans could agree on cheering for. The heel turn has turned fans away and is hurting their veiwership right now.

Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg are leagues ahead. Goldberg was really the first of his kind of Ultimate Warrior was just different than everyone. Ryback is just another cheap knockoff trying to be Goldberg and he does nothing for me.

Let's just bring back Goldberg.

Also Wrestlemania PPV should be Rock Vs Punk.

adamclark52
10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
It's too bad Undertaker is so beat up because I would pay to see him verses Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That would be a legit, decent feud rather than throwing two guys in the ring. I guess Rock and Lesnar do have a past but it was just one match that was nothing too special.

dcmetal108
10-25-2012, 11:28 PM
It's too bad Undertaker is so beat up because I would pay to see him verses Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That would be a legit, decent feud rather than throwing two guys in the ring. I guess Rock and Lesnar do have a past but it was just one match that was nothing too special.

I think Undertaker is done and a Undertaker vs Lesner match would suck. Lesner would end up hurting Undertaker too badly. Just let the Undertaker be done and let the streak live on.

adamclark52
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Undertaker is done and a Undertaker vs Lesner match would suck. Lesner would end up hurting Undertaker too badly. Just let the Undertaker be done and let the streak live on.

We've been saying the Undertaker is done for fifteen years. Who knows?

Sanitarium78
10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
We've been saying the Undertaker is done for fifteen years. Who knows?

Who's been saying that? I don't know remember too many people thinking that during the attitude era. His heel turn during that time made him the most interesting character in wrestling in '98 and '99. Actually, he's always been the most intresting character in wrestling to me. That period in wrestling would not have been anywhere near as good without The Undertaker going all satanic on everyone, he played the perfect villian.

His enterance theme at that time was badass as fuck to. The greatest enterance theme and video ever:rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nCCBGwd3I&feature=related

Unfortunately, his time in the ring is drawing to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if he never wreslted again and left his Wrestlemania record and a nice 20-0 to end his career.

rjturtle9
10-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Me and my friends have toyed with What we think should happen with Undertaker's retirement and have come up with this. The best way for undertaker to retire is to face Kane at Wrestlemania, and lose. Ending the streak. That would be awesome!

John The Drummer
10-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Ryback - I don't see anything new or intriguing about him. I feel the fans cheering him and giving him positive feedback is equivilant to me yelling "PANTURRUH" all the time.

Undertaker's Streak - I don't have any idea of what they should do with it, but having his last match be at Wrestlemania against Kane would be perfect. Sure him vs Triple H was an end of an era, but Taker vs Kane would be a closure to one of the most memorable stories in WWF history (imo)

Sanitarium78
10-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Me and my friends have toyed with What we think should happen with Undertaker's retirement and have come up with this. The best way for undertaker to retire is to face Kane at Wrestlemania, and lose. Ending the streak. That would be awesome!

It would be great but Kane is at the end of his career and if someone should beat Taker at mania then it should be a younger guy who can benefit for a few years by having done it. The best choice on the current roster would be Punk. It would fit in perfectly with his whole "respect me" thing he's got going on now.

Kane breaking the streak might be the best and most natural idea though. He's one of the few wrestlers fans wouldn't have a problem with if he did end it. Plus, the last time him and The Undertaker feuded with each other a few years ago, Kane beat him three PPVs in a row. So it's completely believeable to fans that he could end it.

dcmetal108
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Here's what I think :

Undertaker losing the streak could do to WWE what Goldberg losing his streak did to WCW. (anyone who has seen the rise and fall of WCW knows what I mean)

JRA
10-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Here's what I think :

Undertaker losing the streak could do to WWE what Goldberg losing his streak did to WCW. (anyone who has seen the rise and fall of WCW knows what I mean)

Nah. Goldberg's streak was every match he was in whereas Undertaker's is just a yearly occurrence.

dcmetal108
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Nah. Goldberg's streak was every match he was in whereas Undertaker's is just a yearly occurrence.

They are somewhat in the same boat as far as popularity for it goes. Goldberg was known as always winning his matches as Undertaker is known for always winning his wrestlemanias. They are both legacys that even people that don't know wrestling know about.

MPF
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6rnxsN6Rr1qhgb5lo1_400.gif

adamclark52
10-26-2012, 08:39 PM
I remember reports coming out from 1999-2000 that Undertaker was "thinking of packing it in". Whatever, don't believe anything you read but what I'm saying is that rumors of his leaving have been going on for years.

I agree that if the streak ends it should be Kane. The problem though is that Kane probably doesn't have too many years left either so it really wouldn't be beneficial to him. So really the only young guy I'd want to see end it is CM Punk. If they had a loser like Sheamus or Ryback end it it would be pointless because who knows if they'll even be around another five or ten years. Ryback is hot now but things can fizzle really quickly in the WWE.

Overall, just leave the streak.

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Why have Kane end it. It isn't even the same guy playing Kane!

Sanitarium78
10-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I remember reports coming out from 1999-2000 that Undertaker was "thinking of packing it in". Whatever, don't believe anything you read but what I'm saying is that rumors of his leaving have been going on for years.

Yeah he did have that groin tear that caused him to leave while his Ministry Of Darkness character still had some life to it, but to think that a wrestler who was only in his early 30s would retire because of that is just crazy. This is a profession where guys keep going into their 60s and some into their 70s. So for some to say that Taker was going to retire at an age when most wrestlers are hitting the prime of their careers was nothing but dirtsheet crap that really ran amuck with no control back during the attitude era.

Another one of my favorite Undertaker moments from his ministry days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDYTR_L43eY&feature=related

You can fast forward past the first minute of it if you want. It's just the Rock doing his same old and tired mic work, that was never interesting to begin with.

John The Drummer
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Why have Kane end it. It isn't even the same guy playing Kane!

...yeah it is :eyes:

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 04:37 PM
...yeah it is :eyes:

No fucking way.

Sanitarium78
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Glenn Jacobs has always played Kane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Jacobs

dcmetal108
10-27-2012, 06:57 PM
He just looks different than he use to.

Sanitarium78
10-28-2012, 07:35 AM
He just looks different than he use to.

It just has to do with the different style masks and outfits he's worn during his career. Each little tweek has made him look slightly different, but it's always been the same guy. Let's not forget he's been with the WWE for 15 years now and nobody at age 45 will look exactly like they did at 30. He's still bald now, the mask he wears has hair attached to it. There's no way he grew that bald head out that fast. Listen when he talks to, that's still the same voice. He still executes his signature moves the same way to. Who else his size can do that flying clothesline off the top rope like he does?

In case anyone else is wondering, no, nobody else ever played the Ultimate Warrior except Jim Hellwig. That guy is legitimately out of his mind, he legally changed his name to Warrior and I think that's awesome.

rjturtle9
10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
In case anyone else is wondering, no, nobody else ever played the Ultimate Warrior except Jim Hellwig. That guy is legitimately out of his mind, he legally changed his name to Warrior and I think that's awesome.

Ultimate Warrior is legit crazy in real life. I have a friend who beat his ass in a parking lot for fucking up all their radio show equipment. True story.

dcmetal108
10-28-2012, 03:35 PM
It just has to do with the different style masks and outfits he's worn during his career. Each little tweek has made him look slightly different, but it's always been the same guy. Let's not forget he's been with the WWE for 15 years now and nobody at age 45 will look exactly like they did at 30. He's still bald now, the mask he wears has hair attached to it. There's no way he grew that bald head out that fast. Listen when he talks to, that's still the same voice. He still executes his signature moves the same way to. Who else his size can do that flying clothesline off the top rope like he does?

It's just Kane looks like he hasn't aged haha.

And yea Warrior is legit crazy. Watch his shit on youtube.

My friend met him at a indie show last year and said he was nice though and signed stuff for almost 5 hour. He made sure anyone in line got a autograph and picture but Warrior just acted crazy while doing it. All the roids went to his head.

rjturtle9
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Spoiler from tonight's PPV: It was horrible!

adamclark52
10-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Well, at least they kept the title on Punk. I'm not really feeling the idea of putting the title on the Rock before Wrestlemania, or seeing the point in doing so.

rjturtle9
10-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Well, at least they kept the title on Punk. I'm not really feeling the idea of putting the title on the Rock before Wrestlemania, or seeing the point in doing so.

Yeah well the WWE hasn't really had many great ideas lately.

Sanitarium78
10-29-2012, 07:15 AM

The PPVs aren't worth the money anymore. I watch them with the help of my friend called the internet;)

Big Show winning the world title was an interesting thing to go with. I can see it being a good choice if they have him plow through every challenger, then have Ryback win the Rumble and then beat Show at Mania. Technically Ryback is still legitimately undefeated. If they build both him and Show up as unstoppable monsters until Mania, they could have a match with some good hype that people might actually be interested in seeing who wins. Plus, it would be damn impressive to see Ryback hit Show with his finisher.

JRA
10-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Double spoiler twist: Maffew says you're wrong.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg

From someone retweeted: John Cena didn't appear, Sheamus lost cleanly, we had a new guy and Punk in the main event, yet still they moan.

Honestly, sounds like a good PPV to me.

rjturtle9
10-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Double spoiler twist: Maffew says you're wrong.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg

From someone retweeted: John Cena didn't appear, Sheamus lost cleanly, we had a new guy and Punk in the main event, yet still they moan.

Honestly, sounds like a good PPV to me.

I can care less whether John Cena appears or not. I don't care what anyone says, a straight punch to the face will never be a true "clean" finish. The new guy sucks and the hell and a cell match was boring. Pretty much the whole thing was a snooze fest.

Sanitarium78
10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't care what anyone says, a straight punch to the face will never be a true "clean" finish.

The refs haven't enforced the open fist rule in wrestling in years. A guy the size and strength of The Big Show knocking you out with a fist to the face is one of the most believable finishers ever.

By that logic I guess the sleeper hold isn't a legit finisher since it's a chockehold. I guess someone will have to go tell Roddy Piper that all those victories he had back in the day don't count because he didn't end them with a "clean" finisher, huh?;)

rjturtle9
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
At least the sleeper hold is an actual wrestling hold. Still not a great finisher though.

adamclark52
11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Let's get a new discussion going, favorite finishers
Power: Widows Peak
Submission: Cross-Face Crippler (why, right here, right fucking here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWdUBw-p_E))
Flying: Shooting Star Press

dcmetal108
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Power : Either DDP's DDP or Diesel's Jackknife
Submission : Ric Flair's Finisher
Flying : Five Star Frog splash (RVD)

adamclark52
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Diesels Jackknife was on the tip of my tongue. As was the F5.

dcmetal108
11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Diesels Jackknife was on the tip of my tongue. As was the F5.

The Jackknife might be the most extreme and dangerous move I've ever seen. Even more than the F5.

If you watch the WWE Top 50 Finishers dvd they put out all the wrestlers even say how the jackknife was just overly dangerous to do. Having Diesel drop them neck first from 7 and a half feet off the ground.

adamclark52
11-02-2012, 07:58 PM
The Jackknife might be the most extreme and dangerous move I've ever seen. Even more than the F5.

If you watch the WWE Top 50 Finishers dvd they put out all the wrestlers even say how the jackknife was just overly dangerous to do. Having Diesel drop them neck first from 7 and a half feet off the ground.

Oh fuck yeah buddy. When he dropped that shit on Bob Backlund...

adamclark52
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM

I still love Diesel/Kevin Nash, despite all the crap he's gotten the last ten years.

dcmetal108
11-03-2012, 04:19 AM
I still love Diesel/Kevin Nash, despite all the crap he's gotten the last ten years.

I still love him. I met him once as a small child and then in Aug. at Comic Con and the guys super nice.

(Still payed $25 for a picture with him but he was the cheapest wrestler there to meet), he did stand around though and talk to me and when I told him I met him as a child at a high school he actually named the high school and why he was there. Really nice guy.

adamclark52
11-03-2012, 06:34 AM
I still love him. I met him once as a small child and then in Aug. at Comic Con and the guys super nice.

(Still payed $25 for a picture with him but he was the cheapest wrestler there to meet), he did stand around though and talk to me and when I told him I met him as a child at a high school he actually named the high school and why he was there. Really nice guy.

That's awesome.

I met Bret Hart walking on the streets of Toronto once. I couldn't believe how short he was. I didn't really say anything other than, "hey, Bret Hart". He was like, "hey". Epic.

Sanitarium78
11-03-2012, 08:43 AM
That's awesome.

I met Bret Hart walking on the streets of Toronto once. I couldn't believe how short he was. I didn't really say anything other than, "hey, Bret Hart". He was like, "hey". Epic.

That's pretty much what my reaction would be if I just saw some random wrestler walking around one day. I know it's part of the job for them but I don't like bothering any well known person, weather it be a wrestler a musician or some other celebrity when they're just trying to go about their day like everyone else.

The only wrestler I ever saw randomly out in piblic was Big John Studd somewhere around 1989 or 1990. My brother and I were in line for the ferris wheel at the local amusement park and he was standing in line a little bit ahead of us. The WWF was in town the next night so it did make sense that he would be in the area. He just towered over everyone and there really wasn't any mistaking who it was. Not too many people walking around looked like him to begin with. We didn't say anything to him because we were just in awe and a intimidated by his presence. This was during his run as a fan favorite so he probably would've been nice to us if we said something, since back then wreslters were made to carry the same persona in public as they did on TV. Even so, being only 11 or 12 at the time there was no way I was gonna go up and speak to the same guy who used to challenge Andre The Giant:D

JRA
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM

It was called the Diamond Cutter.

And as much as I love Razor Ramon's Razor's Edge, there is no greater pro-wrestling finishing move in history then Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. It's like the Attitude Adjustment except the guy gets death valley driven straight on his shoulders. It's so fucking dangerous that he's only used it about 7-8 times in his career. And the move was debuted in 1998.

Obsoive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEoimAW604

dcmetal108
11-03-2012, 07:29 PM
It was called the Diamond Cutter.

And as much as I love Razor Ramon's Razor's Edge, there is no greater pro-wrestling finishing move in history then Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. It's like the Attitude Adjustment except the guy gets death valley driven straight on his shoulders. It's so fucking dangerous that he's only used it about 7-8 times in his career. And the move was debuted in 1998.

Obsoive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEoimAW604

Seriously that move could cripple or kill someone easily.

John The Drummer
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Power: Diamond Cutter. I never liked DDP, but this move always got me pumped!
Submission: Scorpion Death Lock/Sharpshooter. It's awesome, period.
Flying: Swanton Bomb. I was always a huge Jeff Hardy fan, and I loved this move!

Sanitarium78
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
How is the Diamond Cutter considered a power move?

Power: Nash's Jacknife and Sid's powerbomb.

Rarely did I not think the person was dead after taking one of those.

Submission: Perry Saturn's The Rings Of Saturn.

Completely strecthes out the oppents upper body. It looks like it could rip your entire torso and your shoulders out of socket all at once. Just a nasty looking move.

Flying: RVD's Five Star Frog Splash.

He used to be able to hit this no matter where the opponet was lying on the mat and he used to be able to change direction in mid air in order hit it properly. Suck it Rey Mysterio, the grestest high flyer ever? My fuckin ass.

adamclark52
11-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Let me add another catagory of finisher to the discussion: tag team
My favorite is Total Elimination by the Eliminators.

XDoomsayerX
11-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Havent been following but I saw the ending of Raw today, what trash. Lets bury Ziggler and CM Punk:tp:

dcmetal108
11-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Tag team : Either the 3D by the Dudleys or Road Warriors finisher.

John The Drummer
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
How is the Diamond Cutter considered a power move?

I was under the impression "power" just meant normal finishers, if not, Jackknife or The Last Ride.

John The Drummer
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh, and for the tag team finisher.... I say the Hardy Boyz old school Leg Drop/Body Splash combo... if that counts as a finisher :D

JRA
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVaPb24VJWo

dcmetal108
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grnqk5hzpaQ&feature=related

Sanitarium78
11-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Havent been following but I saw the ending of Raw today, what trash. Lets bury Ziggler and CM Punk:tp:

Considering Ryback is challenging for the title at the next PPV it makes sense to make him look strong and pinning Punk IN A TAG TEAM MATCH, helps with that. If it were a singles match I would have a problem with it to. But it's a tag match and Punk isn't a tag team wreslter, so losing there isn't that big of a deal. I get so sick of fans on the internet saying it's a burial whenever an up an coming guy goes over the established star, that's usually not what it is. In this case it's Punk, the estalished star, giving the up and comer a chance to get over and look like a threat in taking his title, makes perfect sense to me. That win helped Ryback way more than it hurt Punk.

As for Ziggler, he was already buried before this match. He would have to be dead for the WWE to bury him any further. He has the in ring skill to make his opponent look like a million bucks out there but he doesn't have charisma worth a shit to make anyone care about him. Seriously, who is he and why should I give a shit about him? He has been this character for about four years now and I still have no clue what he's supposed to be about. If he's playing more than a generic Mr. Perfect knock off somebody let me know because I sure don't see anything in his persona that makes him stand out.

Tag team : Either the 3D by the Dudleys or Road Warriors finisher.

The Road Warriors finisher was called the Doomsday Device. That would be my pick for best tag finisher. When wrestlers were afraid to take the move because of the unprotected fall from Animals shoulders, you know you've got one badass move right there.

John The Drummer
11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
To quickly jump off the couple big topics here... I'd like to bring up the CM Punk vs John Cena match where Punk won the title and no one knew if he was coming back or not.

THAT MATCH WAS TERRIBLE. Ok, the idea of it was amazing. No one really knew if Punk would return to the WWE the following night, and when he ran out of the arena through the crowd, that made it even more enjoyable, but the match sucked.

Cena has no in ring skill. I need to rewatch it, but wasn't Cena just on the ground the entire time? It was such a snooze fest. I felt so bad for CM Punk, he has talent, he has tons of in ring skill, and he had to carry John Cena through the match. So many laying moments, so many "ok... now what?" moments. There was practically nothing entertaining in that match, other than the uncertainty of who would walk out with the title around the waist.

Ok... had to vent, continue :D

XDoomsayerX
11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Considering Ryback is challenging for the title at the next PPV it makes sense to make him look strong and pinning Punk IN A TAG TEAM MATCH, helps with that. If it were a singles match I would have a problem with it to. But it's a tag match and Punk isn't a tag team wreslter, so losing there isn't that big of a deal. I get so sick of fans on the internet saying it's a burial whenever an up an coming guy goes over the established star, that's usually not what it is. In this case it's Punk, the estalished star, giving the up and comer a chance to get over and look like a threat in taking his title, makes perfect sense to me. That win helped Ryback way more than it hurt Punk.

As for Ziggler, he was already buried before this match. He would have to be dead for the WWE to bury him any further. He has the in ring skill to make his opponent look like a million bucks out there but he doesn't have charisma worth a shit to make anyone care about him. Seriously, who is he and why should I give a shit about him? He has been this character for about four years now and I still have no clue what he's supposed to be about. If he's playing more than a generic Mr. Perfect knock off somebody let me know because I sure don't see anything in his persona that makes him stand out.

The pin in tag team is fine but Ryback went in and just cleaned house within seconds while Cena took a beating. Shouldve been a lil more in ring action. However I must say I was interested in Cena/Ryback confrontation cuz technically they have same build yet Cena always gets his ass beat in a match and then comes back even though he's clearly the more muscular wrestler.

XDoomsayerX
11-07-2012, 11:13 PM
To quickly jump off the couple big topics here... I'd like to bring up the CM Punk vs John Cena match where Punk won the title and no one knew if he was coming back or not.

THAT MATCH WAS TERRIBLE. Ok, the idea of it was amazing. No one really knew if Punk would return to the WWE the following night, and when he ran out of the arena through the crowd, that made it even more enjoyable, but the match sucked.

Cena has no in ring skill. I need to rewatch it, but wasn't Cena just on the ground the entire time? It was such a snooze fest. I felt so bad for CM Punk, he has talent, he has tons of in ring skill, and he had to carry John Cena through the match. So many laying moments, so many "ok... now what?" moments. There was practically nothing entertaining in that match, other than the uncertainty of who would walk out with the title around the waist.

Ok... had to vent, continue :D

I remember it being solid minus a few botches. I mean I aint a Cena fan but he can put on a match given the right wrestler, his matches with Shawn Micheals were great.

Sinister_Chalupa666
11-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Didn't know this place had a wrestling thread.

Sanitarium78
11-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Since Raven was brought up on the WWE 13 thread, I decided to post some of my thoughts about him:

Raven is easliy the most under used talent i've ever seen in all my years of watching the WWF/E. How they just let him waste away and do absoultely nothing for most of his run there is the biggest mystery to me. He could've been the modern day Jake The Snake Roberts. He had the character, charisma and most importantly he knows the in ring psychology of pro wrestling as good as anybody. In a lot of ways that's more important than anything else. His promos in ECW were always materful works of art and his promos in WCW were very solid as well. He wasn't the greatest in the ring but he knew what to do and how/when to do it.

Raven had a lot to offer the WWE, how they didn't see it i'll never know. I'm not saying he should've been a multi time world champ or anything but he certainly could've been a good upper midcard guy with a few good IC or US title reigns. Most importantly, the guy could've taught the young up and comers a lot about the buisness and ring psychology.

John The Drummer
11-11-2012, 08:35 AM
CM Punk and Raven could have a pretty awesome feud, I would say.

Sanitarium78
11-11-2012, 08:55 AM
CM Punk and Raven could have a pretty awesome feud, I would say.

They did in Ring Of Honor after Raven left WWE. I wasn't watching ROH at that time but i've heard nothing but good things about the feud.

adamclark52
11-11-2012, 09:33 AM
I've heard Raven can be a bit of a prick so maybe his attitude held him back? He wouldn't kiss ass, which gets you nowhere in the WWE. Or WCW. The story of how he left WCW is epic.

XDoomsayerX
11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Wade Barret needs a push, that is all. :D

dcmetal108
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I've heard Raven can be a bit of a prick so maybe his attitude held him back? He wouldn't kiss ass, which gets you nowhere in the WWE. Or WCW. The story of how he left WCW is epic.

Yeah i heard he can be a prick but he's a nice guy to fans now. I can see him monthly if I wanted to since he runs the promotion with Billy Corgan here in Chicago. Really need to meet Raven.

John The Drummer
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
3MB is such a terrible rip off of the BWO :(

adamclark52
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I think another thing that always held Raven back in the WWE was the fact that the WWE always buried someone who became a star in another organization, save a few. Why sign someone if you're just going to bury them is beyond me. With a guy like Raven they can't even say they tried and the WWE fans didn't warm up to him. He was tossed into the Hardcore division within a few months of joining and that was just a pit of people they had nothing better for. I remember after Wrestlemania X7 they made it look like they were going to have him go after the IC title but that lasted only a few weeks, then he got tossed into the Alliance (a death sentence) and that was really it. The roster got so huge then that he was just lost in the shuffle.

Sanitarium78
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Wade Barret needs a push, that is all. :D

They should have him beat Kofi for the IC title at some point. He'll never be a world champ unfortunately because Vince doesn't make British wrestlers world champions.

Can anyone tell me why is it such an issue that AJ and Cena might have slept together? They're both single adults and can do what the fuck they want. How is this an affair if they're not cheating on anybody? Fuckin stupid storyline, the only good thing is that it gets AJ on TV more.

Punk, Heyman and Foley were all awesome on RAW.

dcmetal108
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
AJ sex tape please!!!!!

John The Drummer
11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
i am surprised that the WWE are doing such an angle since they are all about the PG family friendly shit now :confused:

rjturtle9
11-14-2012, 03:07 AM
TNA called, they want their storylines back...

Sanitarium78
11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
TNA called, they want their storylines back...

Since TNA has been whooping the WWE's ass this past year when it comes to putting on a quailty wrestling program every week, i'm not surprised they would try and take an idea from them. I mean Vince pretty much copied ECW's style to make the attitude era but at least they could've picked a better storyline to rip off than the affiar angle TNA did with AJ Styles.

So with TLC being next month's PPV, who thinks Punk will defend the belt against Foley in a TLC match? Yeah, Foley isn't what he once was but if there's one thing he can probably still do it's put on a quality anything goes match.

dcmetal108
11-14-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't know if Foley can do much anymore. He's in shit shape and put on some weight when I met him.

That and the guys a fucking asshole.

Sanitarium78
11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't know if Foley can do much anymore. He's in shit shape and put on some weight when I met him.

That and the guys a fucking asshole.

When was Foley ever in good shape to begin with? Why is he an asshole? All the stories i've heard about him have always been about how nice he is.

dcmetal108
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
No I met him and he was a asshole. Acted as if he was bothered to sign a book and take a picture and the entire time he kept talking to the people around him without ever saying a word to me.

Sanitarium78
11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
No I met him and he was a asshole. Acted as if he was bothered to sign a book and take a picture and the entire time he kept talking to the people around him without ever saying a word to me.

I meet Ric Flair and got his autograph at the wrestlemania fan access ten years ago and he didn't say nothing to me either. I didn't take it personal and I don't consider him an asshole for that. It was my honor to get his autograph not for him to give it to me.

What exactly was the situation with Foley? Was it a book signing or something like that or did you just see him in public and ask him?

dcmetal108
11-14-2012, 11:09 AM
No I was at the Wrestling HOF Induction Ceremony in Waterloo Iowa and he was the host and guest speaker. When I met him was during the time where everyone was getting pictures and autographs with everyone. He acted like he was too good to pay attention to the few fans there ( at the high there was only maybe 60 people there) and he payed little attention.

On the other hand other wrestlers that were there like Jim Dunggan, Jim Ross, Mad Dog Vachune, Larry The Axe Hennen, Baran Van Raschue , and especially Terry Funk were all more than happy to take endless pictures and talk to you for hours.

Such a great memory of going though.

Still Terry Funk is the nicest coolest wrestler I've ever met.

JRA
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Since TNA has been whooping the WWE's ass this past year when it comes to putting on a quailty wrestling program every week, i'm not surprised they would try and take an idea from them.

Tell me about it. Russo get's fired off a roof and all of a sudden Bobby Roode gets some buzz.

John The Drummer
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
TNA has been doing good? Every time I turn it on I am bored to tears and lose interest immediately. Any redeming factors I should be paying attention to at all?

Sanitarium78
11-14-2012, 04:51 PM
TNA has been doing good? Every time I turn it on I am bored to tears and lose interest immediately. Any redeming factors I should be paying attention to at all?

Warning!! Long rant coming up:D

Redeming factors?

Bobby Roode, James Storm, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Frank Kazarian and Bully Ray (formerly Bubba Ray Dudley). With the exception of the AJ Styles affair storyline, if you can't get behind how great all these guys have been over the last year and how many good to great matches they've been putting on then you should just stop being a wrestling fan now.

Title records were broken this year in TNA as Bobby Roode became the longest running world champ in the company's history and had one of the best heel world title runs we've seen in a long time. Austin Aries became the longest running X Division champ ever and so did Gail Kim with the Knockouts title. Samoa Joe won the TV title two months ago and has been in full beast mode ever since. Oh yeah, like they used to do back in the day, the TV title is defended just about every week on TV. Wrestlers all have individual personalities and it allows them to stand out more and get noticed.

Now, there are still faults right now. Both the women's and X Division are kind of weak at the moment. But with RVD and Tara (formerly Victoria in WWE) as the champs right now i'm guessing they'll use their veteran experience to help rebuild them again. The worst thing of all is right now Jeff Hardy is world champ but with James Storm getting the next title shot I don't think that will last long.

The best thing about the company over the last year is that they make sure the championships matter. They always have people fighting for them at every PPV and they put the titles and the holders over big time. That goes a long way in making the show interesting. They've also had a few long arching storylines, like the Bobby Roode/James Storm feud that's been going on and off for the last year and has done nothing but produce very good to great promos and matches.

Every PPV has at least two or three very good matches that are worth watching. They take more chances, let the wrestlers perform the style they know best in the ring and they actually allow the wrestlers to bleed if the situation calls for it. But if you're OK with watching the run of the mill, nothing's happening, unexciting, taking no chances, going through the motions product that is the WWE and don't actually want to enjoy the wrestling right now, then by all means just keep watching the WWE and don't bother with TNA;)

If you can find a way and with the internet today and really who can't? Then you should check out all the PPV's TNA has done this year. It may be a lower quality production but they have kicked the WWE's ass this year when it comes to quality PPV matches and have blown them out of the water when it comes to putting on an entertaining weekly TV show.

It's sad that there are still a lot of fans who won't give TNA a chance due to the stink that Vince Russo's awful booking left on the company. Well, he's been gone for a year now and TNA has removed that stink and is the best wrestling company in the US right now.

Now if they could only get some marketing behind them and give Vince some competition. That would light a fire under his ass and get him to turn around this bland product the WWE has had for a few years now.

John The Drummer
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
I guess I'll have to give it another chance. When it was first becoming big and had the six-sided ring I REALLY enjoyed it. It was something new, but when Hulk Hogan came into the picture I lost a lot of interest.

My main complaint about it is (and this will sound pathetic) how the shoot their promos/backstage stuff. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but the camera angles they use are just annoying. Yes... it bothers me THAT much :eyes:

But ok, tomorrow night I have no plans, so I will try to give it another shot :)

On a WWE note now. Did anyone catch that tag team match on Monday with Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd? HOLY SHIT. Those guys have some in ring talent, but obviously WWE will release them within the next few years.

Sanitarium78
11-15-2012, 06:57 AM
I guess I'll have to give it another chance. When it was first becoming big and had the six-sided ring I REALLY enjoyed it. It was something new, but when Hulk Hogan came into the picture I lost a lot of interest.

My main complaint about it is (and this will sound pathetic) how the shoot their promos/backstage stuff. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but the camera angles they use are just annoying. Yes... it bothers me THAT much :eyes:

But ok, tomorrow night I have no plans, so I will try to give it another shot :)

On a WWE note now. Did anyone catch that tag team match on Monday with Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd? HOLY SHIT. Those guys have some in ring talent, but obviously WWE will release them within the next few years.

Hogan is still there but he's just the GM now. He plays the role of a face and is back to being the good Hogan again. He's fine in the role and isn't really bothersome at all.

They still do the camera angles for the backstage stuff, I don't think it's that bad at all. They try to make it look like the camera guys are snooping around and catching stuff they shouldn't be. At least it's better than the WWE where they have the camera right in someone's face as they're planning something and they act like the camera isn't there and that nobody heard or saw what they did.

Give it more than just a week though. Watch Impact for a month and if it still doesn't grab you then give up on it.

Yes, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd are both very talented in the ring. They've both been on the WWE roster for a few years now. I guess you just haven't been paying attention;)

John The Drummer
11-15-2012, 08:23 AM
I just started to watch RAW *REGULARLY* again over the last few months ;)
And those guys were always just doing the stupid 1 minute filler matches and had nothing going for them.

Sanitarium78
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I just started to watch RAW *REGULARLY* again over the last few months ;)
And those guys were always just doing the stupid 1 minute filler matches and had nothing going for them.

Well, just to give you a quick rundown of each guy.

Justin Gabriel:

He debutted on RAW a couple years ago with a group called The Nexus, lead by NXT season one winner Wade Barrett. The group was made up of all the wrestlers who participated in the first season of NXT. Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Gabriel, Heath Slater, David Otunga, Michael Tarver and Skipp Sheffield who is now known as Ryback. The only guy from the group not in the WWE now is Michael Tarver. Gabriel had the tag titles a couple times with Heath Slater during this and The Nexus was a pretty hot angle for a few months. After the Nexus would lay a beatdown on someone, they would finish it off with Gabriel doing his 450 splash on the wrestler. He did it in a more cold, heel fashion then he does it now. The move was put over as really devestating at the time.

The Nexus had an NWO like feel to it at first until they had them go up against Cena and he singled handedly beat every guy in the group rather easily and killed off a pretty good angle very quickly that still had some life to it. Since then he's just been jobbing on the internet programs and house shows for the most part. He formed a tag team with Tyson Kidd earlier this year and the WWE has failed to realise that until recently.

Tyson Kidd:

Is the final graduate of the Hart family dungeon. He's been in the WWE at least three or four years now. He was originally brought in as part of a stable with David Hart Smith, The British Bulldogs son and Natalya, Jim The Anvil Neidhart's daughter and were called The Hart Dynasty. He won the tag titles with David and they were a pretty good team but as usual, Vince fucks up good things for no reason. They lost the tag titles, Kidd turned on Smith and absolutely nothing came from it. Smith went unused for a while and was let go some time back. Kidd and Natalya have pretty much been in nomad mode ever since then with no direction and jobbing on the WWE's B and C shows and house shows.

Hopefully they see the potential in the Gabriel/Kidd team. Since HHH is behind the recent tag team revival, something tells me they both might get recognised this time.

John The Drummer
11-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh yeah. I remember turning RAW on briefly and seeing the Nexus and wondering who they were XD

So... I was browsing YouTube and found this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILlOAsY-ups

AJ IS SO COOL. She'd be rad to just hang with and talk about video games all day :D

dcmetal108
11-15-2012, 08:06 PM
If she does Comic Con next year I plan on doing everything I can to get a interview with her.

Then I'll seduce her, go get pizza, and then hit a hotel with her from there.

John The Drummer
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Don't forget the knockout gas! :D

Anyways, watched about half of last nights TNA (on demand, so I'll finish it later), not too bad. I loved the Daniel Bryan "YES" chants during the Hulk Hogan/Bubba Ray/Glasses dude segment :lol:

John The Drummer
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Wait...was this last nights Impact!? It looked kinda like last weeks. The Christian dude got a contract.

Anyways, i finished it. Wow... I will eat my own words, that was HIGHLY enjoyable. I think I will tune in more often! Or at least be sure to watch it On Demand.

adamclark52
11-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I really enjoyed TNA when I first started watching it on Spike in 2005. It was nice to see something other than the WWE. But after a while they started bringing in too many of the wrestlers the WWE was releasing and throwing the title on them. And the backstage segments started really killing me, especially when Karen Angle showed up. So I just ended up stopping watching and only followed it on the internet.

Over the years it just seemed to be trying too hard to be the WWE's competition and get their attention (the Voodoo Kin Mafia angle, invading RAW once, trying to start the new Monday Night War (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newmondaynightwar.html)). Like the little brother who always does whatever he has to to get his older brothers attention and approval, just to even get acknowledged. And the WWE (like that older brother) really doesn't seem to pay any attention at all to the little brother. I really don't think TNA is a blip on the WWE's radar, ever.

I have seen some great matches in TNA, from their homegrown talents (meaning guys who weren't famous in the WWE before they came over). I remember a match of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe vs. the LAX at a house show in Oshawa in late-2007 that was AWESOME. And some great moves. Petey Williams 'Canadian Destroyer' is one of the best looking (albeit impossible) finishers of all time.

And another thing that keeps me from watching these days is the amount of commercials on Spike TV. I don't know if it's a regional thing but in Canada it's literally 50/50 commercials to program.

Sanitarium78
11-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Wait...was this last nights Impact!? It looked kinda like last weeks. The Christian dude got a contract.

Anyways, i finished it. Wow... I will eat my own words, that was HIGHLY enjoyable. I think I will tune in more often! Or at least be sure to watch it On Demand.

That was last weeks episode which was a great go home show to sell the PPV that happened on sunday. It's nice to see that rather than the WWE's usual mail it in shows the week leading up to a PPV.

This weeks episode was OK. Mainly just recapping the PPV and setting up a couple new things. Still check it out if you can.

I really enjoyed TNA when I first started watching it on Spike in 2005. It was nice to see something other than the WWE. But after a while they started bringing in too many of the wrestlers the WWE was releasing and throwing the title on them. And the backstage segments started really killing me, especially when Karen Angle showed up. So I just ended up stopping watching and only followed it on the internet.

Over the years it just seemed to be trying too hard to be the WWE's competition and get their attention (the Voodoo Kin Mafia angle, invading RAW once, trying to start the new Monday Night War (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newmondaynightwar.html)). Like the little brother who always does whatever he has to to get his older brothers attention and approval, just to even get acknowledged. And the WWE (like that older brother) really doesn't seem to pay any attention at all to the little brother. I really don't think TNA is a blip on the WWE's radar, ever.

I have seen some great matches in TNA, from their homegrown talents (meaning guys who weren't famous in the WWE before they came over). I remember a match of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe vs. the LAX at a house show in Oshawa in late-2007 that was AWESOME. And some great moves. Petey Williams 'Canadian Destroyer' is one of the best looking (albeit impossible) finishers of all time.

And another thing that keeps me from watching these days is the amount of commercials on Spike TV. I don't know if it's a regional thing but in Canada it's literally 50/50 commercials to program.

TNA isn't like that anymore. As i've said a number of times in this thread, Vince Russo was fired a year ago and none of that bullshit booking that held TNA back for so long is there anymore. New guys are in charge backstage and they actually have a good idea of what they're doing and how they want it done. Yes, there are still flaws and things they can improve on but they've been the wrestling company of the year as far as i'm conserned. If you were able to sit through how horrible the WWE was from when Orton won the title in 2004 all the through to 2008 then you should be willing to give TNA another shot. Especially when the WWE is coming off one of the most bland and boring years i've seen in my 26 years of being a pro wrestling fan. TNA's promos and in ring action is consistantly better than what the WWE offers on a weekly basis. The wrestling is also more face paced and are based around having more exciting, high impact moves instead of WWE's current slow, plodding put you to sleep in ring style.

It might be a regional thing with the commercials because there's certainly more program than commercials here.

JRA
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm happy Punk still has the title, but the problem is, most people are too. Just turn Punk baby face only this time, have him bury the damn company this time.

Well Punk vs Rock at the Royal Rumble. I can think of worse ways to sell Pay Per Views, but the internet really needs to let go the idea of Punk taking on Austin at Wrestlemania. Austin is old, has sustained too many injuries, and has moved on with his career. Granted we thought the same thing about The Rock, but Owen Hart didn't botch a piledriver on him.

What they really need to do is figure out a loophole with Undertaker so HBK can come back to fight The Rock. I'd convince my whole family to go to that match.

Sanitarium78
11-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Austin has said he's in good enough shape to comeback and wrestle some matches again. So him vs Punk at wrestlemania isn't out of the question. I think it may be Punk vs Taker this year though. HBK and The Rock would be entertaining only if HBK palyed his original DX character and Rock played his heel character from 2002/2003. Otherwise it would just be a feud between two of the most annoying wrestling personalities of all time.

XDoomsayerX
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Sooo new stable with Punk and dem NXT peeps?

Sanitarium78
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Sooo new stable with Punk and dem NXT peeps?

I think so. Wouldn't it be something if Punk kept the belt until wresltemania because these guys are helping him out all the time? Kind of like how the Horsemen used to run interference to help Flair keep the gold:rocker:

JRA
11-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I think so. Wouldn't it be something if Punk kept the belt until wresltemania because these guys are helping him out all the time? Kind of like how the Horsemen used to run interference to help Flair keep the gold:rocker:

The reformation of the Nexus would be an interesting full circle approach. Especially since MITB 11' still listed Punk under the Nexus, even though the Nexus nor Punk's affiliation with it meant jack shit at that point.

and I think you're in the minority about Shawn Michaels character. He was a complete dick behind the scenes through and through during his whole career.

adamclark52
11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
I think Austin should stay away from the ring no matter what. I love the guy but if he came back after ten years away it could be really sad.

Sanitarium78
11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I think Austin should stay away from the ring no matter what. I love the guy but if he came back after ten years away it could be really sad.

Look on the bright side, there's no way Austin and Punk could put on a bigger stinker of a main event than Rock/Cena did at mania. I think if Austin trained just to have a one off match with Punk, it would turn out just fine.

rjturtle9
11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm really looking forward to next year's Wrestlemania. So many big names it's going to be insane!

adamclark52
11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Look on the bright side, there's no way Austin and Punk could put on a bigger stinker of a main event than Rock/Cena did at mania. I think if Austin trained just to have a one off match with Punk, it would turn out just fine.

I have the Bluray but I haven't watched WM 28 yet. Was that match really about the wrestling though?

hinder5050
11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to next year's Wrestlemania. So many big names it's going to be insane!

honestly i am not looking forward to wrestlemania because of the big names. which i think you mean former wwe stars. wwe has a lot of talent right now and easily could put together a good wrestlemania without former stars but they are just to lazy and not using them right.

rjturtle9
11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
honestly i am not looking forward to wrestlemania because of the big names. which i think you mean former wwe stars. wwe has a lot of talent right now and easily could put together a good wrestlemania without former stars but they are just to lazy and not using them right.

That's true. They really owe Daniel Bryan a Wrestlemania highlight after the bullshit that was this year's opening match.

Sanitarium78
11-21-2012, 07:46 AM

They're afraid to take a chance with anyone or anything. That's why they keep bringing the big names back for mania. They need to stop relying on the old names so much come wrestlemania time and see if the current roster can draw some money without help from the past stars. Bringing back past stars doesn't solve any long term problems with the current on screne product. They need to write better storylines and create more interesting characters. Even with the show being PG, if they do that with the current roster, which does have a lot of talent, they could draw a good wrestlemania buyrate without help from the past. But Vince doesn't want to take that chance and would rather just take the money that the old guys will help bring in.

As much as I love The Undertaker and the streak, or as much as I would love to see Austin go at it with Punk, the old guys coming back for one shot deals doesn't do anything to improve the product for the future. Having the current roster pull off a good to great wresltmania this year without any help from the old guys will help the current state of the WWE out a lot more in the long run.

dcmetal108
11-21-2012, 08:13 AM
They're afraid to take a chance with anyone or anything. That's why they keep bringing the big names back for mania. They need to stop relying on the old names so much come wrestlemania time and see if the current roster can draw some money without help from the past stars. Bringing back past stars doesn't solve any long term problems with the current on screne product. They need to write better storylines and create more interesting characters. Even with the show being PG, if they do that with the current roster, which does have a lot of talent, they could draw a good wrestlemania buyrate without help from the past. But Vince doesn't want to take that chance and would rather just take the money that the old guys will help bring in.

As much as I love The Undertaker and the streak, or as much as I would love to see Austin go at it with Punk, the old guys coming back for one shot deals doesn't do anything to improve the product for the future. Having the current roster pull off a good to great wresltmania this year without any help from the old guys will help the current state of the WWE out a lot more in the long run.

True because at the rate Vince is going with bringing back older stars what will happen in a few years when some of them can't do it anymore.

John The Drummer
11-23-2012, 07:53 AM
:lol:
Caught TNA last night. Wow, so WWE takes that AJ Styles Affair storyline and does the Cena/AJ storyline, now TNA is doing a Bubba Ray/Brook Hogan affair storyline :lol:

Austin Aries vs CM Punk would be rad though...
The promos would be amazing, and the match would be entertaining as hell!

Sanitarium78
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Austin Aries vs CM Punk would be rad though...
The promos would be amazing, and the match would be entertaining as hell!

Yeah, it's a damn shame that match never happened and isn't available anywhere;)

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/summer-punk-2-disc-set

There's also this Austin Aries compilation:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/austin-aries-evolution-double-2-disc-set

Includes three matches against Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan)

adamclark52
11-24-2012, 05:49 AM
My favorite "affair" storyline of all-time is still Stephanie McMahon/Kurt Angle. Even though they never even were having an affair the WWE had some decent writing on that angle and made some funny situations.

John The Drummer
11-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, it's a damn shame that match never happened and isn't available anywhere;)

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/summer-punk-2-disc-set

There's also this Austin Aries compilation:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/austin-aries-evolution-double-2-disc-set

Includes three matches against Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan)

I never had access to the companies that weren't on TV :(
But damn, I'll have to check that out!!!

dcmetal108
11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
After watching WWE's Best Of No Holds Barred dvd they put out I realized that Shane McMahon might be the best hardcore wrestler WWF ever had. I mean the stuff he did in his matches after watching them was insane for what WWF was doing. He really put it all into a match and the fact that he wasn't a wrestler was even better. Like watching the matches where he would lay them on a announcers table and fly off the top rope you see that not only does he jump up and out instead of going down but he fully takes all the hit through the table with his weights? Thoughts? Opinions?

adamclark52
11-27-2012, 10:18 PM
After watching WWE's Best Of No Holds Barred dvd they put out I realized that Shane McMahon might be the best hardcore wrestler WWF ever had. I mean the stuff he did in his matches after watching them was insane for what WWF was doing. He really put it all into a match and the fact that he wasn't a wrestler was even better. Like watching the matches where he would lay them on a announcers table and fly off the top rope you see that not only does he jump up and out instead of going down but he fully takes all the hit through the table with his weights? Thoughts? Opinions?

Yeah, Shane was a high-spot king of the WWE. It's really bad that I heard him in an interview a few years ago and he said he's pretty much in constant pain now. Really the other three make me change the channel, but I paid to see Shane. It's really to bad he's gotten away from the company now.

My favorite McMahon by far.

rjturtle9
11-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Best part about Shane was that he didn't even need to do that stuff. The guy was worth more money then the majority of the roster back then. He did all those crazy spots cause he wanted to. Shane is hardcore!

Sanitarium78
11-28-2012, 07:08 AM
My favorite McMahon by far.

If it wasn't for Stephanie's chest he would be my favorite McMahon to:lol:

I think the reason Shane went all out the way he did was because he knew he was only doing it on a limitted basis so he decided to just do as much crazy shit as possible. Plus, growing up in the buisness you just know that he probably wanted to do some wild stuff in the ring since he was a kid, so he made the most of the matches he was in.

I still have to give Mick Foley the nod when it comes to the most hardcore WWF/E wrestler ever. Shane did a lot of insane stuff, like that fall off the top of the titantron against Steve Blackman but nothing beats Foley getting tossed off the top of the cell by the Undertaker. Without a doubt the biggest "HOLY SHIT!!!!" moment in the companies history. The amount of chair shots Foley took to his head in his I Quit match with the Rock I also think is more hardcore than anything Shane did. I mean the guy has permanent brain damage from stuff like that which he has to live with the rest of his life. Shane took a lot of insane bumps to entertain the fans but nobody killed their body more in order to entertain the WWF fans than Foley did.

dcmetal108
11-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah but if Shane says he's in constant pain from doing it than he's worse than foley. I've met and seen Foley a ton recently and other than the teeth he is perfectly fine he said.

And if we are rating McMahon than Shane is hardcore but Steph always had a nice chest and ass.

adamclark52
11-28-2012, 08:26 AM
If it wasn't for Stephanie's chest he would be my favorite McMahon to:lol:

Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLREUlADQ4)

That chest is wicked though.

JRA
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLREUlADQ4)

Bullshit, if her first act was to have a bunch of mutants bukkake her she'd totally be viewed as extreme enough.

Or maybe another lesbian angle where HHH catches her cheating with Kimona and says "I'll take em both I'm hardcore."

No the worst angle involving Stephanie was when she pussywhipped Jericho leading up to his title unification match with HHH at WM18.

You know the fact that Foley got over for taking that bump kind of pisses me off. Undertaker was the one that threw him off, why didn't he get credit? It's like Andre the Giant taking credit for letting Hogan slam him. Andre wasn't immortalized by getting slammed, Hogan was.

adamclark52
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
I honestly hated pretty much anything Stephanie was involved in. The Kurt Angle love triangle angle did have some funny moments but she is probably my most hated WWE on screen character of all-time.

adamclark52
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
And her time as GM of Smackdown was okay when she was feuding with Bischoff (GM of Raw) because there were no other McMahons involved. But her time as GM ended brutally terrible as well.

adamclark52
11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
With Foley I sort of side with Ric Flair with my opinions on him, just not quite as extreme. I still see him as one of the WORST champions in WWF/E history.

JRA
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't say he was a terrible wrestler or even a terrible champion. He's easily one of the best promo guys out there, and the fact that he could work three personas is no small feat. I'm just saying the fact that Foley gets all credit for that bump is slightly ass backwards.

PVH5150
11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I honestly hated pretty much anything Stephanie was involved in. The Kurt Angle love triangle angle did have some funny moments but she is probably my most hated WWE on screen character of all-time.

I would gladly have Steph back if it meant never hearing Vickie "I'm only here because my husband croaked" Guerrero's "EXCUSE ME!" ever again.

Sanitarium78
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say he was a terrible wrestler or even a terrible champion. He's easily one of the best promo guys out there, and the fact that he could work three personas is no small feat. I'm just saying the fact that Foley gets all credit for that bump is slightly ass backwards.

Foley gets all the credit because he took the most insane fall ever seen in mainstream wrestling. He gets so much praise because he had the balls to agree to do that. Not to mention he was OK with someone as strong as The Undertaker throwing him off. Taker benefited greatly from this as well, there was an "Undertaker" chant while Foley was being attended to. This was also the begining of Taker's slow heel turn that would finally come to pass by the end of that year. Him throwing Foley off the cell was the begining of Taker becoming more sadistic and evil. So, he did get something big out of that as well.

I would gladly have Steph back if it meant never hearing Vickie "I'm only here because my husband croaked" Guerrero's "EXCUSE ME!" ever again.

Yes, bring back Stephanie, she has my third or fourth favorite ass of all time in wrestling:D

dcmetal108
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I mean if we bring Steph back we gotta bring back the WWF divas. Lita, Stratus, Willson, Kiebler.

I know I am butchering their names.

John The Drummer
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
bring back the WWF divas. Lita, Stratus, Willson, Kiebler.

:drool:

adamclark52
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Kiebler.

:agree:

dcmetal108
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I saw Lita at Comic Con this Aug. Still sexy as hell.

PVH5150
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I mean if we bring Steph back we gotta bring back the WWF divas. Lita, Stratus, Willson, Kiebler.

I know I am butchering their names.

Molly Holly (if she grew her hair out again), also. She was awesome.

Sanitarium78
12-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Molly Holly (if she grew her hair out again), also. She was awesome.

YES!!!

Very cute and was damn good in the ring. She seems to get forgotten about when talking about women from the attitude era. I understand why Trish and Lita get all the love they do today but Molly was better than both of them when it came to wrestling skill. They all retired pretty young too, aren't all three of them only in their mid 30s right now?

adamclark52
12-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Molly was hot, but she looked best when she first came to the WWF. Those pigtails...:drool:

rjturtle9
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
So since my dream roster idea fell apart when nobody else did it, how about we try something else? Dream PPV card. Go!

Since most of you didn't know who half of my dream roster was because of all the Indy and foreign stars, I decided to keep this card strictly TNA, WCW, ECW, and WWE wrestlers only.

TurtleMania

Dark Matches

Traditional Lucha Libre 2/3 Falls 6 on 6 Tag Team
Psicosis, Ultimo Dragon, and Rey Mysterio Jr vs Petey Williams, Eddie Gurrerro, and Billy Kidman

Womanís Tag Team Match
Velvet Sky and Tara vs Lita and Gail Kim

Main Card

TLC Match (Spot Fest)
A.J. Styles vs Jeff Hardy vs Sabu vs Rob Van Damn vs Johnny Nitro

Singles Match
Sting vs Diamond Dallas Page

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley vs Shane McMahon

30 Minute Iron Man Match (Greatest Match Ever?)
Kurt Angle vs Dean Malenko

Elimination Chamber Match
Daniel Bryan vs Mr. Kennedy vs HHH vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho

Singles Match
The Rock vs Dolph Ziggler

Singles Match
CM Punk vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

adamclark52
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
This is something that I'll come back to and change over and over again. You can just assume that everyone is in their prime.

I can't think of a name, so let's call it:
Wrestlemania LXIX
Chris Benoit vs. Curt Henning

Ladder Match
La Pareja del Terror (Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero) vs. Rey Mysterio & Hayabusa

Chris Jericho (circa WCW) promo about how pissed he is not to have a match

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg (in a match where the two actually give a fuck)

Mike Awesome vs. Masaito Tanaka (even though they fought a bunch of times, it was always awesome)

Sting (circa 1997) vs. the Undertaker (circa 1999)

No Holds Barred
Shawn Micheals vs. Bret Hart (I don't think they've had a match since Montreal '97)

It would happen to land on CM Punk's birthday, so Mick Foley and the Rock would come out and throw a birthday celebration for him.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

MAIN EVENT
4 Way Barbed Wire Match
Sabu vs. Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. the Sandman

rjturtle9
12-02-2012, 06:50 PM
This is something that I'll come back to and change over and over again.

I can't think of a name, so let's call it:
Wrestlemania LXIX
Chris Benoit vs. Curt Henning

Ladder Match
La Pareja del Terror (Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero) vs. Rey Mysterio & Hayabusa

Chris Jericho (circa WCW) promo about how pissed he is not to have a match

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg (in a match where the two actually give a fuck)

Mike Awesome vs. Masaito Tanaka (even though they fought a bunch of times, it was always awesome)

Sting (circa 1997) vs. the Undertaker (circa 1999)

No Holds Barred
Shawn Micheals vs. Bret Hart (I don't think they've had a match since Montreal '97)

It would happen to land on CM Punk's birthday, so Mick Foley and the Rock would come out and throw a birthday celebration for him.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

MAIN EVENT
4 Way Barbed Wire Match
Sabu vs. Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. the Sandman

Everything about that event is money! The promos would be awesome as hell. I forgot to add promos on mine. Plus, Hayabusa!

dcmetal108
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
So since my dream roster idea fell apart when nobody else did it, how about we try something else? Dream PPV card. Go!

Since most of you didn't know who half of my dream roster was because of all the Indy and foreign stars, I decided to keep this card strictly TNA, WCW, ECW, and WWE wrestlers only.

TurtleMania

Dark Matches

Traditional Lucha Libre 2/3 Falls 6 on 6 Tag Team
Psicosis, Ultimo Dragon, and Rey Mysterio Jr vs Petey Williams, Eddie Gurrerro, and Billy Kidman

Woman’s Tag Team Match
Velvet Sky and Tara vs Lita and Gail Kim

Main Card

TLC Match (Spot Fest)
A.J. Styles vs Jeff Hardy vs Sabu vs Rob Van Damn vs Johnny Nitro

Singles Match
Sting vs Diamond Dallas Page

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley vs Shane McMahon

30 Minute Iron Man Match (Greatest Match Ever?)
Kurt Angle vs Dean Malenko

Elimination Chamber Match
Daniel Bryan vs Mr. Kennedy vs HHH vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho

Singles Match
The Rock vs Dolph Ziggler

Singles Match
CM Punk vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Good card, Bill Kidman for the win.

Thinking about the iron man match unless it was when both guys were in their prime it might get boring.

rjturtle9
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Good card, Bill Kidman for the win.

Thinking about the iron man match unless it was when both guys were in their prime it might get boring.

My card implies everyone is at their prime.

dcmetal108
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM
My card implies everyone is at their prime.

I'd swap a few guys out. Maybe add someone more hardcore into the match other than Foley. Maybe Sandman.

rjturtle9
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I'd swap a few guys out. Maybe add someone more hardcore into the match other than Foley. Maybe Sandman.

have you seen Foley's recent matches? They are among his best. Foley and Shane has the potential to be the most hardcore match in WWE history.

Sanitarium78
12-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Here's one of many dream cards I could come up with. Like rj said all guys are in their prime here.

Arn Anderson vs Chris Benoit

Falls Count Anywhere:
The Dudley Boys vs Demolition

Raven vs Jake The Sanke Roberts

Submission Match:
Samoa Joe vs Taz

ECW Rules Match:
Cactus Jack vs Rob Van Dam

INTERMISSION
(yes, i'm going old school with an intermission during a PPV:D)

Ric Flair vs Daniel Bryan

Randy Savage vs Kurt Angle

Hell In A Cell:
The Undertaker/Kane vs The Road Warriors

Chris Jericho vs Mr. Perfect
(the winner earns the right to call themselves "GOD" and no one is allowed to dispute their claim)

Main Event:
CM Punk vs Steve Austin
(If Austin loses he must make the pledge to be straight edge. If Punk loses he can't leave the ring until he drinks a glass of Crown Royale whiskey)

I like to see anyone top that:rocker:

JRA
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Main Event:
CM Punk vs Steve Austin
(If Austin loses he must make the pledge to be straight edge. If Punk loses he can't leave the ring until he drinks a glass of Crown Royale whiskey)

For the longest time I thought CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin was the stupidest idea for a match ever, but this stipulation would make it interesting.

Anyways. I always thought Rock vs. Hogan aside, WM18 was a missed opportunity in terms of pitting WCW vs WWF. I posted this elsewhere and I'll post it here.

Wrestlemania 18 reimagined
Main event (everyone would be whatever condition they were around 2002):

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Austin vs. Flair

Jericho vs. DDP (title unification match)

Lita vs Torrie Wilson HLA match

Terry Funk vs. The Undertaker

Macho Man vs. HHH :D

Goldberg vs. Mick Foley

Tag team:
Road Warriors vs. The Dudley Boys

Trish Stratus vs. Stephanie McMahon vs. Stacy Keibler Pasties oil match (match ends when Jerry Lawler faints)

Tag team:
Edge & Christian vs. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall

HIAC:
Sting vs. Kane

"Ultimate Warrior, I'm comin for you nigga!"

Tag team:
APA vs. Steiners Bros.

submission match:
Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Perfect

HBK vs. RVD

Brock Lesnar vs. Haku (this would rule and you know it)

John The Drummer
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Panteramania I

6 Team TLC Tag Team Match
Paul London & Spanky vs The Hardy Boyz vs Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian

Loser Finally Retires for Good
Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

The True Unstoppable Force
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar vs Ryback

CM Punk vs Austin Aries vs Daniel Bryan

I'll add more later.

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Panteramania I

6 Team TLC Tag Team Match
Paul London & Spanky vs The Hardy Boyz vs Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian

Loser Finally Retires for Good
Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

The True Unstoppable Force
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar vs Ryback

CM Punk vs Austin Aries vs Daniel Bryan

I'll add more later.

Holy fuck that TLC match.

JRA
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
That 6 man tag team match should consist of Devon going "WASSSSSUUUUUUUUU" then all participants diving through 20 stories of tables.

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
That 6 man tag team match should consist of Devon going "WASSSSSUUUUUUUUU" then all participants diving through 20 stories of tables that are all on fire.

Added more to that for you.

John The Drummer
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Man, all the other matches I have in mind double up on wrestlers :lol: I'd be a terrible show booker.

Hardcore Match
Steve Blackman vs Shane McMahon

Hell In A Cell
The Undertaker vs Kane vs Mankind
Paul Bearer as Special Enforcer

Extreme Elimination Chamber
Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk vs Sabu vs The Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer vs Sick Nick Mondo

Blah... CANT THINK OF MORE!!!

dcmetal108
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Man, all the other matches I have in mind double up on wrestlers :lol: I'd be a terrible show booker.

Hardcore Match

Hell In A Cell

Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk vs Sabu vs The Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer vs Sick Nick Mondo

Add Necro Butcher to the chamber match.

JRA
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
The ultimate dream match would of course be Hogan vs. Austin, but I'd like to add a little twist to that. Because this match would be so big, each participants would be given a manager to make sure nothing gets "too out of hand."

Hogan's manager would be Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Austin's manager would be Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

rjturtle9
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM

Hardcore Match

Hell In A Cell

Nick Mondo is my favorite Indy wrestler ever!!!!

XDoomsayerX
12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Is there a good Ryback match out there? Seeing how this guy will be sticking around I want to know if he can put on decent matches. His Punk stuff thus far match quality wise has been a borefest.

rjturtle9
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Is there a good Ryback match out there? Seeing how this guy will be sticking around I want to know if he can put on decent matches. His Punk stuff thus far match quality wise has been a borefest.

Nope.

adamclark52
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
The ultimate dream match would of course be Hogan vs. Austin, but I'd like to add a little twist to that. Because this match would be so big, each participants would be given a manager to make sure nothing gets "too out of hand."

Hogan's manager would be Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, and Austin's manager would be Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Wouldn't it work better if Vince was Hogan's manager and Austin was managed by Shane or someone else that hated Vince, maybe Paul Heyman? Just not Bischoff.

XDoomsayerX
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Nope.

I figured...oh well hopefully they build a dope ass stable with these Shield peeps.

JRA
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Wouldn't it work better if Vince was Hogan's manager and Austin was managed by Shane or someone else that hated Vince, maybe Paul Heyman? Just not Bischoff.

No, that's the point. It's also the point of Bobby Heenan "managing" Hogan. Hogan and Bobby Heenan were bitter archrivals throughout their whole careers, to the point of all Andre The Giant having to do to turn heel was simply join up with Heenan and let him be his mouthpiece.

The reason this works is because it adds an extra layer of suspense and unpredictability. Will Heenan screw Hogan? Will Vince screw Austin? It's similar to why people were drawn to Mike Tyson as the "special enforcer" for the HBK/Austin match in WM14.

That makes me think. Vince should stay retired from the ring but become a manager. He'd be fucking brilliant at it. Especially since he's trying to push all these guys that the WWE Universe doesn't give a fuck about. He'd be the perfect mouthpiece for them.

adamclark52
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
If we are going into the "ultimate dream/money match" scenerio, I'd still pay a fortune to see the nWo (Hogan, Nash & Hall) managed by Bischoff face off against Austin, the Rock & the Undertaker managed by Vince. Or WCW (Hogan, Sting, Flair & Goldberg) vs. the WWE (Austin, Cena, the Undertaker & Rock), still with the same managers. The first option could've happened in 2002 but in a WWE ring in 2002, but being in a WWE ring it would've ended horribly. And the second option could almost happen today, but again being a WWE ring it would not end good.

Sanitarium78
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
No, that's the point. It's also the point of Bobby Heenan "managing" Hogan. Hogan and Bobby Heenan were bitter archrivals throughout their whole careers, to the point of all Andre The Giant having to do to turn heel was simply join up with Heenan and let him be his mouthpiece.

Yeah, that's how hated Heenan was. Andre was at just about the same level of popularity as Hogan but all he had to do was team with The Brain to make the turn immediately. Andre only turned heel two months before the match with Hogan, so they didn't have a lot of time to make the turn happen. If you wanted anyone to be hated back then, you just had Heenan manage them. This of course didn't stop me from cheering for Andre when I watched Wrestelmania three live. I was only 9 years old and didn't actually realise Andre was on the downside of his career. In my eyes he deserved the world title and I agreed with Heenan and Andre when they said Hogan kept Andre as a close friend just so he could avoid defending the title against him. Even as a little kid I loved the heels:rocker:

The equivalent of that today would be to team somebody up with Paul Hayman right away if you want the people to boo them. Proof of this is that Punk's heel turn didn't fully complete until he got Heyman as his manager.

dcmetal108
12-04-2012, 07:23 AM

He should leave wrestling and never return.

adamclark52
12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
He should leave wrestling and never return.

I wouldn't go that far, but his shtick has worn thin.

John The Drummer
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
ULTIMATE DREAM MATCH
Head & Mr. Socko vs Cobra & Little Jimmy

Anyone catch Sin Cara vs Del Rio last night? That match entertaining as hell!

adamclark52
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
ULTIMATE DREAM MATCH
Head & Mr. Socko vs Cobra & Little Jimmy

To fast paced, you should throw Mark Henry in there to bring it down a notch.

Sanitarium78
12-05-2012, 08:08 AM
So, news has come out the CM Punk had knee surgery yesterday to repair a partially torn miniscus. He won't be able to compete at the next PPV. So Ryback is teaming up with Kane and Daniel Bryan to take on The Shield in a six man TLC match instead.

This match actually makes more sense since Ryback should be looking for revenge against The Shield for intefering in his title match last month. It sucks that Punk is hurt but you could just tell by the way he looked on RAW this week that he's been getting run ragged right now. So maybe a little time off to heal up will help him and he won't be such a cranky old man like he was this week on RAW.

He will recover in time for his match against The Rock next month. Because if anyone should end Punk's long reign it should be a part timer who hasn't done shit to earn the title match, instead of someone currently on the roster who might actually benefit from doing something that huge, right? They had the perfect setup for a Punk/Miz fued this week on RAW but they can't do that because everyone's precious little Rocky needs to come back so everyone can suck his cock just a bit more.

adamclark52
12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
So, news has come out the CM Punk had knee surgery yesterday to repair a partially torn miniscus. He won't be able to compete at the next PPV. So Ryback is teaming up with Kane and Daniel Bryan to take on The Shield in a six man TLC match instead.

This match actually makes more sense since Ryback should be looking for revenge against The Shield for intefering in his title match last month. It sucks that Punk is hurt but you could just tell by the way he looked on RAW this week that he's been getting run ragged right now. So maybe a little time off to heal up will help him and he won't be such a cranky old man like he was this week on RAW.

He will recover in time for his match against The Rock next month. Because if anyone should end Punk's long reign it should be a part timer who hasn't done shit to earn the title match, instead of someone currently on the roster who might actually benefit from doing something that huge, right? They had the perfect setup for a Punk/Miz fued this week on RAW but they can't do that because everyone's precious little Rocky needs to come back so everyone can suck his cock just a bit more.

The WWE always run that risk when they put all their eggs in one basket, like with Punk. The usual default was to put the title on Cena.

I agree 100% on your gripe with the Rock and the title. They did that all the time back in 2001/2002 with him leaving for months and then coming back and getting the title in his first match. It's only worse now that instead of a few months he's been gone for years. I really don't see the logic. If they're going for Rock/Cena II at Wrestlemania it doesn't need the title to add heat to match. And all that will lead to is another Cena title reign.

rjturtle9
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
My big fear for the next PPV is actually Dolph Ziggler losing his MitB briefcase to Cena. Please god don't let that happen.

Everyone knows Wrestlemania next year is gonna be Rock and Lesnar for the belt. Although I don't think that's the best match to have as the main event, nor do I like Brock in the slightest sense, it's still gonna make me want to watch that's for sure.

Sanitarium78
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
My big fear for the next PPV is actually Dolph Ziggler losing his MitB briefcase to Cena. Please god don't let that happen.

Everyone knows Wrestlemania next year is gonna be Rock and Lesnar for the belt. Although I don't think that's the best match to have as the main event, nor do I like Brock in the slightest sense, it's still gonna make me want to watch that's for sure.

No, the main event for Mania will be Cena/Rock 2 for the WWE championship. I thought the writing was on the wall for that once Rock got the title match at the Rumble. Lesnar and Rock makes no sense, two part timers shouldn't be fighting for the title ever. Lesnar and HHH will have a rematch at Mania and Punk with wrestle The Undertaker.

I think that Cena winning Dolph's MITB contract is probably the route they'll take for Cena to get a title match with The Rock. Dolph is never gonna be world champion because he's simply not world championship material. He's great at selling his oppents offense and making them look like a million bucks and his in ring skill is solid. But the dude can't talk for shit, nothing he says has any feeling or passion to it. He can't connect with the fans on the level that's needed to be a world champ. Proof of that is he's in the same exact spot he was three years ago. He makes an awesome IC or US champ but the world title just isn't for him. Ziggler just doesn't have "it" and as much as people like to shit all over Cena at least he does have "it".

Would you ever make Dean Malenko world champ? No. Dolph is the same kind of great mid card performer Dean was. No more, no less.

adamclark52
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
MITB isn't the best way for Cena to get a title match with Rock at all. MITB is always when will they cash it in? With a Cena/Rock title match at Wrestlemania they won't want any guesses. They'll want people to know that the match is happening 100%. So that's why Cena will probably win MITB and the Royal Rumble. I'd say the Rumble is the more likely situation. Rock wins the title at the Royal Rumble, Cena wins the Royal Rumble later in the evening, Rock comes out, they stare down, the fucking Wrestlemania logo is in the background, they look at it, one point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph_X4ijvEIs)s, it's getting old. (Just imagine Rock and Cena in that clip.)

As far as those two bozo's being in the main-event again. You guys have to remember that the WWE knows the real fans will buy the event wether it's Cena/Rock in the main event or a much better match like Punk/Ziggler. They already have your money. They want the casual fans with a passing intrest to buy, and a match like Punk/Ziggler will NOT bring those people in. That's why we get Cena/Rock II. And when Cena wins it will lead to the ultimate tie-breaker at Wrestlemania 30. It's all falling into place.

I haven't even watch WWE much for five years but this gets me bitter again.

adamclark52
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
What makes me even angrier is that Punks historic reign is going to get cut short for $$$. Had he won the title at Summerslam and ended up losing it at the Rumble I wouldn't care because that's just an above average reign. But to have something that could go on to become even more historic end so fucking grandmas and ten year olds will watch Wrestlemania.

:bouville:

rjturtle9
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
These next couple of months are going to be very interesting...

Sanitarium78
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
These next couple of months are going to be very interesting...

No it won't, it's the calling card of the modern day WWE product to be boring, predictable and bland. The last few Wrestlemanias have been bad and they show no signs of getting their heads out of their asses anytime soon. There's just no hype or buzz around anything anymore. They don't give people a reason to watch live every week like they used to. This week's RAW did a 2.5 rating which translates to only around 3.5 million viewers.

The rating's have been this bad since the Punk heel turn, including hitting 15 year lows three times this year. Yet, Vince does nothing to change the product and seriously switch things up. He did it with the Attitude era and then he did it with the brand split. It's been ten years and he hasn't made a significant program shakeup since the brand seperation. What the hell happened to Vince's balls and his willingness to change the product when the time came?

It's a shame the WWE is so bad and uninteresting right now because they have as much talent on the roster as they ever had. There are guys I really like on the roster and they still wrestle good macthes when given time on TV and PPV. But they just don't give fans a reason to care anymore and you can tell when you go to a WWE show today. Fans just go to have something to do and are not emotionally invested in anything unlike during the attitude era when every fan in the arena was into the show and 90 percent of the wrestlers got an honest emotional reaction from the fans.

John The Drummer
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Things To Improve WWE
1. Get rid of Heyman: Whether Punk is Heel or Face, he doesn't need someone to talk for him, his mic skills are phenominal.
2. Get Sheamus out of the spotlight: He's boring.
3. Get John Cena out of the spotlight: He's boring
4. PG? No, go back to TV-14, we need that to make the product not so stale.
5. Diva's in Playboy

Sanitarium78
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
5 Things To Improve WWE
1. Get rid of Heyman: Whether Punk is Heel or Face, he doesn't need someone to talk for him, his mic skills are phenominal.
2. Get Sheamus out of the spotlight: He's boring.
3. Get John Cena out of the spotlight: He's boring
4. PG? No, go back to TV-14, we need that to make the product not so stale.
5. Diva's in Playboy

1. Guys like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude and The Original Four Horsemen were all great on the mic and could get it done on their own yet they all had managers. Perfect and Rude had Bobby Heenan and the Horsemen had JJ Dillion. They didn't need managers to help them talk, rather they needed managers to help them get even more heat and to help them cheat during matches, like distracting the ref or the opponet so their guy can get the advantage or cause a DQ loss so their man can still keep their championship. They also come in handy during matches if you want someone to throw an illegal object in the ring.

Just think of how annoyed people were when Mr. Perfect talked about how great he was then he had a no good piece of shit manager like Heenan to keep talking up the same thing after Perfect is done. In the case of Punk, Heyman is this kind of old school manager. Once Punk gets done crowing about how great he his, and the fans think he's done, here comes Heyman on the mic to talk up the same stuff Punk did using different words. That really grates on the crowd and helps to get more boos from them. Punk's heel turn didn't full complete until Heyman came along. He was still getting 50/50 reactions, but once Heyman was added he gets mostly boos now. Heyman is doing his job of helping his guy to get heat from the crowd perfectly.

2. Sheamus actually puts on some pretty solid TV and PPV macthes. The problem is his face character isn't serious enough.

3. Cena needs to take a vacation, a long vacation. But since he's winning the title from The Rock at mania that's not happening and won't happen until the next "face of the company" is ready to step up. Right now they don't have that guy, so Cena can't leave yet.

4. Agreed. PG is a big part of the problem. I've gone back and forth on this over the last couple years but it's obvious now that it's a negative. After the attitude era going back to PG is a regression on the companies part. This isn't the 80s anymore where PG was the only rating. It would also help if they had a clue as to how a write a good PG product, that can be done if they had the right people writing the shows.

It also doesn't help that Vince seems completely clueless as to what kind of shows are getting the ratings on cable TV today. People are watching shows like Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking In Dead, ect. in greater numbers than people who are watching RAW and Smackdown in the US right now. It's nice that the WWE wants to be the cable TV alternative to that but in order to stay relevant and fresh they need to push the envelope like other cable shows do, otherwise they won't be around in another 15-20 years.

5. That doesn't matter to me, it was always the least talented ones (Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Maria) that did that anyways. I'd rather have them concentrate on having a good Divas division again. Yes, the division has never been a huge draw in the WWE, but when it was done well it helped the overall quality of the shows.

adamclark52
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Guys, Vince is clueless. He'll never change and it's really time for him to step down. Triple H is really the guy who should be running the show because I think he has a good idea of what it takes to make a really good product. But, Vince will always have his finger on whatever's going on even if he's laying in a hospital bed. And Steph I think is just as cracked as her old man. So she'll always have that influence over Triple H.

I'd say the best thing for the WWE to get a really decent product is get rid of the McMahons, but the chances of that are >0. But I really believe that.

I really don't like Vince.

Sanitarium78
12-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Triple H should take over the on air product and Stephanie should be in charge of the buisness end of things. I don't know if Triple H has any buisness training or degrees of any kind so he should just stay away from that because it could be fatal to the WWE if he's involved in making buisness decisions if he's not qualified in anyway. You can see that there are things on TV that Triple H has taken charge of though. Punk's really long title reign, the reviving of the tag division, the midcard title holders getting more air time and the women actually having a storyline with the whole "did Eve attack Kaitlyn or not?" thing. He's slowly trying to improve the overall product, something which Vince hasn't cared about in at least a decade now. The reason I know this is Triple H's doing is because it all has an old shcool feel to it and he's a classic wrestling kind of guy.

I knew WWE was in major trouble when Shane left a few years ago. That was pretty shocking because everyone knew that the WWE was eventually going to be handed over to him. Step and Triple H are taking over by default really. Shane said in interviews that he left because it was obvious Vince wasn't stepping down anytime soon, so he decided to leave and pursue other buisness ventures. I don't blame Shane at all either, the guy is in his 40s now, Vince was in his mid 30s when he took over the WWF from his dad. How long was Vince actually expecting Shane to wait for his time to come? Vince is 67 now, please fucking retire already.

adamclark52
12-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Triple H should take over the on air product and Stephanie should be in charge of the buisness end of things. I don't know if Triple H has any buisness training or degrees of any kind so he should just stay away from that because it could be fatal to the WWE if he's involved in making buisness decisions if he's not qualified in anyway. You can see that there are things on TV that Triple H has taken charge of though. Punk's really long title reign, the reviving of the tag division, the midcard title holders getting more air time and the women actually having a storyline with the whole "did Eve attack Kaitlyn or not?" thing. He's slowly trying to improve the overall product, something which Vince hasn't cared about in at least a decade now. The reason I know this is Triple H's doing is because it all has an old shcool feel to it and he's a classic wrestling kind of guy.

I knew WWE was in major trouble when Shane left a few years ago. That was pretty shocking because everyone knew that the WWE was eventually going to be handed over to him. Step and Triple H are taking over by default really. Shane said in interviews that he left because it was obvious Vince wasn't stepping down anytime soon, so he decided to leave and pursue other buisness ventures. I don't blame Shane at all either, the guy is in his 40s now, Vince was in his mid 30s when he took over the WWF from his dad. How long was Vince actually expecting Shane to wait for his time to come? Vince is 67 now, please fucking retire already.

That's probably the best option but I'd really want to see all traces of McMahon gone. I still think Stephanie is an absolute moron.

Sanitarium78
12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
That's probably the best option but I'd really want to see all traces of McMahon gone. I still think Stephanie is an absolute moron.

Who takes over if it's not passed down from one generation of McMahon's to the next? It has to be to somebody the McMahon's trust more than anyone in their family. Wrestling isn't doing that good of buisness right now, so nobody would be nuts enough to buy it from the McMahon's and take that huge of a risk. I think if Vince does step down, Shane would probably return and be given back whatever he was set up for before he left.

Sorry, but the WWF/E has always belonged to the McMahon's and should always stay in that family. Wrestling promotion goes all the way back to Vince's grandfather. Pro wrestling dies in North America if the McMahon family is no longer part of it.

adamclark52
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I think there are a lot of people who'd be interested in buying the WWE. I'd say you were crazy for buying TNA or ROH but the WWE still makes money.

But I know, there will always be McMahons. Hopefully Shane comes back and puts an end to all this movie and social-media bullshit they're into these days and just goes back to what they're good at: wrestling.

Sanitarium78
12-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I think there are a lot of people who'd be interested in buying the WWE. I'd say you were crazy for buying TNA or ROH but the WWE still makes money.

But I know, there will always be McMahons. Hopefully Shane comes back and puts an end to all this movie and social-media bullshit they're into these days and just goes back to what they're good at: wrestling.

The WWE is so huge though that the risk of buying it, not to mention what it would cost might not be worth it if it goes under. TNA and ROH are worth a lot less and might be the better investment overall because if it doesn't work out whoever purchased it would not take as huge of a financial hit.

TNA would benefit huge from a big financial backer who could spend the money to market them. Their roster is vastly superior to the WWE's and ROH's right now. They're also the wrestling company of the year, putting on way more entertaining weekly TV shows that puts what WWE has been doing this past year to shame. Every TNA PPV also garuntees you a couple of matches on the card that are easily three or four star matches. If they had a marketing machine behind them this year the WWE would've been in serious trouble. Hopefully that can happen for them in the coming year. The only way for Vince to wake up and change is for another company to rise up and start kicking his ass like WCW did in 1996. But even then it took Vince a year or so for the change to fully take place.

ROH isn't even a blip on the radar right now. Yes, they got a weekly TV show now but it's just so fucking boring. You'd be beyond stupid to invest anything in it.

JRA
12-08-2012, 12:10 AM
ROH isn't even a blip on the radar right now. Yes, they got a weekly TV show now but it's just so fucking boring. You'd be beyond stupid to invest anything in it.

Goddammit Cornette.

adamclark52
12-08-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't even think TNA is a blip on the radar.

Sanitarium78
12-08-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't even think TNA is a blip on the radar.

They are a very small one but you can't have well known guys like Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and Sting and not be known just a little bit. TNA does do better than the WWE in the UK. I guess they actually like to see an enteraining wrestling show over there. TNA beats the WWE in TV viewing every week and in show attendence when they tour there. It's not much but at least it's expanding the audience for TNA.

ROH on the other hand is so far off the radar they might as well not even exist. I mean when Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas and Jay Lethal are you're companies most well known names, you're not exactly selling too many tickets. Yeah, they have good wrestlers but most of them are what Kevin Nash would refer to as "vanilla midgets". They put on good matches but have no character or personality that separates them from 100 other wrestlers out there who can do the same thing. The company is so fucked up that they had Ryhno and didn't even know how to use him properly. I'm a little behind on ROH so I have no clue if he's still around or not. But in a company so bland, how you don't make him a champion is just fucking stupid.

In the video below, this guy does a video presentation about CM Punk which is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2RUC0-3ioU&feature=player_embedded

adamclark52
12-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm not a TNA basher. I haven't watched it regularly in years. But my point is that they are not even a blip on the WWE's radar. This article (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newmondaynightwar.html) (which I'm sure you've all read) is a perfect example. Sure, it's a humerous article but it gets the point across and doesn't come across as too one sided (as in WWE biased or TNA biased). Yes it starts out hot enough (but it was during Wrestlemania build when it's usually pretty hot), but by the end (after Wrestlemania) you can see how much fear the WWE had of TNA's chances. Wicked article too, if anyone has never been to that site, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

And I'm sure the WWE sees TNA putting all their money on guys like Angle, Hardy and Mr. Anderson (guys they don't want anything to do with anymore) and wonder why they're bothering.

JRA
12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
You know I will say this TNA made a bigger recovery than anyone expected to. That company should have died halfway through last year. It's one thing to get rid of Russo, it's another thing to actually find a guy to properly carry a company (Bobby Roode).

and Sanitarium78, you're really gonna go by Kevin Nash logic?

as for Wrestlecrap, I'm waiting for them to come up with the damn gooker nominees. Honestly, this year hasn't been too awful. I think the biggest offenders are the shoot DVD companies. Between Kayfabe commentaries idiotic decision to let Russo rebook the invasion (gee I wonder if that's a shot across the bow)l and RFvideos disguting attempt at making video seeming like New Jack and Balls Mahoney are gonna kill each other, shoot DVD comapnies have been worse than wrestling angles.

adamclark52
12-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I don't watch WWE or TNA at all anymore but I follow on the internet and usually have a good idea what is going on. And usually there are a few good nominees and one clear cut winner (I knew Micheal Cole was going to win in 2011 after his horrible commentary at the Royal Rumble). But this year I've really heard nothing all that bad.

Maybe some of the love affair storylines that I haven't heard anything too bad about. The Royal Rumble this year was jobberiffic, but I don't think it was Gooker material. Heath Slater getting beat up by Legends every week? I've heard that Aces & Eights stuff in TNA is bordering on ridiculous. Maybe Ryback or Funkasaurus? I bet it's Funkasaurus or Aces & Eights. Or it will be a "joke" Gooker (is that even possible) and Mae Young and Mark Henrys love child all grown up will be the winner.

JRA
12-08-2012, 09:55 PM
The forums want it to be the 1000th Raw. Fuckin idiots. Come on guys, yea it sucks Stone Cold couldn't make it, but that doesn't singlehandedly make it awful.

Sanitarium78
12-09-2012, 05:52 AM
You know I will say this TNA made a bigger recovery than anyone expected to. That company should have died halfway through last year. It's one thing to get rid of Russo, it's another thing to actually find a guy to properly carry a company (Bobby Roode).

and Sanitarium78, you're really gonna go by Kevin Nash logic?

No, but I was just trying to make a point about how interchaneable most of the ROH roster is right now. The bulk of them fit that vanilla midget thing Kevin Nash has talked about before. There's a few of them that have good personalities but most of the guys don't stand out fro the pack because they're jut wrestlers with no character to latch onto and make you interested in them.

You're right that TNA shouldn't be here now. I remember about a year before Russo got fired I was talking with a coworker of mine who's a big wrestling fan to about TNA's future. I told him it was looking more and more like WCW in it's dying days and it won't be around this time next year if they keep going this way. Well, it looks like Dixie Carter and whoever else has the power backstage (Hogan? Bischoff? Sting maybe? or the company brass) realized Russo wasn't the answer anymore and fired his ass. Ever since then TNA has been the best wrestling show on TV. They no longer have the illogical and nonsensical plot twists and gimmick bullshit Russo pulled all the time. They have solid long term story plans and they let things play out and most importantly they've built up a lot of their own guys to be stars in the company. Mainly Bobby Roode and James Storm, who have had the rivalry of 2012 no doubt about it. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are relevant again and Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are the tag team of the year.

They still rely on the former WWE guys a bit too much but at least they've made a number of the life long TNA guys stars in the company who are equal to the status of the former WWE guys.

adamclark52
12-09-2012, 07:47 AM
The forums want it to be the 1000th Raw. Fuckin idiots. Come on guys, yea it sucks Stone Cold couldn't make it, but that doesn't singlehandedly make it awful.

You know what, it probably will get nominated. And maybe win. Wrestling fans can always find something wrong with anything.

After I posted last night I remebered two other good nominees:
- AJ Lee, a lot of people tell me she's good but what I've seen has been cringe-worthy
- Hornswaggle as the Mystery GM, I can't remember if this was revealed this year, but if it was then it's a clear-cut winner.

JRA
12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Honestly, Hornswoggle as the mystery GM was the only way that thing could have been handled properly. That thing was such an awful nuisance that if he was revealed to be someone over they would have lost so much credibility.

adamclark52
12-09-2012, 10:25 AM
It definately wasn't a disappointment on par with 'Vince as the Higher Power' or 'Who is Vince's Other Child?'. But RD Rynolds hates anything Hornswaggle and his fans will vote for it. I actually like how it sort of disappeared for a long time, because I wanted to forget it. And for a long time it looked like Michael Cole was going to be behind it. And that would've been another stinky, filthy, dirty layer to that onion.

But we've been able to come up with almost ten decent nominations. It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible. I mean, when I watched the Royal Rumble in 2011 I knew Michael Cole would win the Gooker, and that was in January.

XDoomsayerX
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I dig The Shield and what I saw from Raw was good specifically that Ziggler/Sheamus match and Cesaro/Kofi match. Plus the ending was aight too. TLC might be a good card.

PVH5150
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
It definately wasn't a disappointment on par with 'Vince as the Higher Power' or 'Who is Vince's Other Child?'. But RD Rynolds hates anything Hornswaggle and his fans will vote for it. I actually like how it sort of disappeared for a long time, because I wanted to forget it. And for a long time it looked like Michael Cole was going to be behind it. And that would've been another stinky, filthy, dirty layer to that onion.

But we've been able to come up with almost ten decent nominations. It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible. I mean, when I watched the Royal Rumble in 2011 I knew Michael Cole would win the Gooker, and that was in January.

I was at the Rumble. Diesel returning = Markout moment of the year.

Sanitarium78
12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
You know what, it probably will get nominated. And maybe win. Wrestling fans can always find something wrong with anything.

After I posted last night I remebered two other good nominees:
- AJ Lee, a lot of people tell me she's good but what I've seen has been cringe-worthy
- Hornswaggle as the Mystery GM, I can't remember if this was revealed this year, but if it was then it's a clear-cut winner.

AJ is good on the mic and is playing her metally unstable character pretty well. She's also pretty solid in the ring to but the WWE won't let her show that since they want her to play the annoying underdog role and only win with surprise rollups. Because that will give her in ring credibility over actually having her wrestle, fuckin idiot Vince. She would be better off in TNA where they actually care about their female performers and let them wrestle. Same goes for Eve, Layla and Natalya. The pay maybe better but they're wasting all the years they trained to become decent female wrestlers by sticking around in the WWE.

It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible.

It also wasn't a year where anything jumped out that was that great either. Punk's long title run should've meant so much more than it has. I love that he's held the belt this long but they've made me lose all interest in it now that I know Dwayne is gonna come back and beat him and make the loss very anticlimatic. That pretty much explains the whole year though, a few good things did happen but overall the WWE just didn't make them as memorable as they could've.

All you need to know about how bad 2012 was for the WWE is that they botched Jericho's return. His whole run this year did nothing for anybody. Seriously, how the hell do you fuck up a Jericho return? They tried to salvage it by having him turn face in the end but it didn't last long enough to mean anything.

I was at the Rumble. Diesel returning = Markout moment of the year.

The reaction he got was so loud on TV, how did it sound being there in person?

Yet, another thing the WWE botched recently. They could've captilized on the reaction he got at the Rumble and gave Nash a nice little sendoff match as Diesel at Wrestlmania. Instead they came up with that stupid angle with Punk/HHH which didn't make any sense and completely killed Punk's momentum and made Nash look like a complete idiot.

Vince just has no fuckin clue anymore.

PVH5150
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
The reaction he got was so loud on TV, how did it sound being there in person?

Yet, another thing the WWE botched recently. They could've captilized on the reaction he got at the Rumble and gave Nash a nice little sendoff match as Diesel at Wrestlmania. Instead they came up with that stupid angle with Punk/HHH which didn't make any sense and completely killed Punk's momentum and made Nash look like a complete idiot.

Vince just has no fuckin clue anymore.

After watching the Blu-Ray of the event, it was probably 20 times louder in person. Easily the biggest pop of the night. From what I remember, the crowd reaction from Booker T's return sounded louder on the Blu-Ray, but wasn't nearly as loud in person.

adamclark52
12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
After watching the Blu-Ray of the event, it was probably 20 times louder in person. Easily the biggest pop of the night. From what I remember, the crowd reaction from Booker T's return sounded louder on the Blu-Ray, but wasn't nearly as loud in person.

TV reactions never give justice to the volume of reactions in person. I can't emphesize how loud it was in the Skydome during Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. Probably louder than any concert I've ever been to in my life.

John The Drummer
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
sooooo... after reading the results of mitb.....yeah.... nothing overly exciting. and since when was the mitb briefcase only good for the world heavyweight championship? way to give away who ziggler is going to cash it in on.

XDoomsayerX
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
sooooo... after reading the results of mitb.....yeah.... nothing overly exciting. and since when was the mitb briefcase only good for the world heavyweight championship? way to give away who ziggler is going to cash it in on.

You mean TLC? I thought it was a solid ppv with good wrestling all around. I want to see more of The Shield and Cena was busting out monkey flips and hurricaranas mocking the crowd.

Low_Hanging_Fruit
12-16-2012, 10:15 PM
That TLC match tonight with Shield, Ryback, and Team Hell No was incredible. My match of the year, and I think that is saying something.

Other than that, the PPV was very "meh." Although I was happy to see Ziggler get a win in his first PPV main event.

Sanitarium78
12-17-2012, 05:35 AM

There's two MITB contracts. One for the WWE title and one for the World Heavyweight Championship. They've been doing that for the last couple years now. Cena already cashed in his WWE title contract against Punk this summer at RAW 1000 and lost. Cena was the first person to ever cash in and lose. The mystery isn't what championship Ziggler will go for, it's when will he be cashing it in? Cena tipped his hand when he told everyone the week before RAW 1000 that he was cashing it in then. Which I think is stupid since the whole thing should bring about some intrique as to when it will be cashed in.

It would be cool if they had the briefcase holder always out at ringside whenever the world champ is in action. It would create some excitment and get the crowd buzzing about weather or not he's cashing it in. Just have him come out and do commentary, walk around the ring or hang out on the entrance ramp during the champs matches. Really drive home the point that this can be cashed in at any moment which is something I don't think they put over enough.

JRA
12-17-2012, 07:37 AM
It would be cool if they had the briefcase holder always out at ringside whenever the world champ is in action. It would create some excitment and get the crowd buzzing about weather or not he's cashing it in. Just have him come out and do commentary, walk around the ring or hang out on the entrance ramp during the champs matches. Really drive home the point that this can be cashed in at any moment which is something I don't think they put over enough.

That's actually a really good idea.

adamclark52
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I'll never forget when Edge cashed in the first MitB briefcase. I was watching that PPV at a theater with close to 150 other people, and it was a pretty crummy PPV that saw Cena come out on top...again. And when Edge came out the place EXPLODED!

That was how to do it right.

adamclark52
12-17-2012, 10:18 AM
I didn't see TLC, but an oversized steel chair? Really? I hate it when the WWE does cheeseball things like that.

XDoomsayerX
12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
I didn't see TLC, but an oversized steel chair? Really? I hate it when the WWE does cheeseball things like that.

Yeah that was cheesy, match was good up till then too.

So y'all think they gonna build Zig to be a big star?

rjturtle9
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I knew AJ was going to do that! One prediction down, now lets see if Brock faces Rock at Mania.

adamclark52
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah that was cheesy, match was good up till then too.

So y'all think they gonna build Zig to be a big star?

It looks like it, but haven't they been trying for a while now?

I knew AJ was going to do that! One prediction down, now lets see if Brock faces Rock at Mania.

No. If Brock faces anyone it will be Triple H or (most likely) the Undertaker.

PVH5150
12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
The Boogeyman?!?

The New Age Outlaws?!?

THE NAITCHA BOY?!?

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John The Drummer
12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
i wish i was a wrestler involved in an AJ storyline :D

hinder5050
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
heres 2 matches if i was wwe i would consider for wrestlemania cm punk vs taker and ryback vs brock lesnar

adamclark52
12-18-2012, 04:18 PM
heres 2 matches if i was wwe i would consider for wrestlemania cm punk vs taker and ryback vs brock lesnar

Punk vs. Taker would be a good option if they don't have Brock against Taker. But Ryback vs. Brock...no.

dcmetal108
12-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Ryback vs the return of Goldberg.

rjturtle9
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Undertaker vs Punk might actually happened. Taker actually said it himself that he wants to face Punk at Mania.

Sanitarium78
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
If they decide to keep the belt on Big Show until mania, Ryback taking the belt from him wouldn't be a bad idea. Have him squash Show in about five minutes which would put him over huge and the WWE would have a new star on their hands.

Random thoughts:

I'm really liking The Shield. The match they had at TLC was awesome. The ladder fall Rollins took was insane. I love all of Dean Ambrose's mannerisms, he gives off a real psycho vibe with everything he does. Reigns is doing good as the muscle of the group.

Del Rio as a face? I'm sorry but no. 3MB aren't over enough as heels so Del Rio won't get over as a face fueding with them. Now, if he saved Ricardo when he was getting beat down by The Shield, that may have worked.

Dolph Ziggler can talk? Where the fuck has this been the last three years? Last week on RAW he had a good opening promo and did good job on commentry as well. The promo he did at TLC was easliy the best of his career and he had passion, feeling and most importantly, he kept your attention and had you buy into what he was saying. He had a good exachnge with Vickey on RAW last night to. I've been saying that he would never reach main event because he hasn't been effective on the mic at all. If he keeps this up it looks like i'll have to eat my words.

I love AJ but enough already. We get it you're nuts, let's progress the character further instead of having her do the same damn thing she did this summer with Punk, Bryan and Kane.

Eve vs Kaitlyn was my favorite match on RAW because of how yummy they both are.

Miz TV sucks, please just stop.

Ric Flair returns to the WWE after being gone for a number of years and in the span of a half hour puts over six guys. If you want to count Punk and Cena then it's eight. Only a legend among legends can pull that off. From when he came out to present a slammy all the way through to the funny backstage segement with Bryan and Kane was just about the most entertaining block of TV the WWE has done all year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

John The Drummer
12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
i agre about the shield. i thought it was stupid at first, ut they are great. obviously wwe is trying to have an nwo vibe with them...and its working! i cant wait to se where it goes. hopefully they dont end it prematurely, but knowing wwe they probably will.

3mb is just the poor mans bwo.

XDoomsayerX
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
The Shield is sick. Pretty sure Ambrose and Rollins can go in the ring too. Ziggler def needs more mic time with this new passion he's displaying. Also Ryback had a decent match one on one with Cesaro tonight! :O Then again Cesaro is awesome, Ryback just looks too robotic and not fluid. Arm thing he does before his bland clothesline just looks odd.

hinder5050
12-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Punk vs. Taker would be a good option if they don't have Brock against Taker. But Ryback vs. Brock...no.

Ryback vs Brock Lesnar would be great two of the biggest powerhouses going one on one sencond Taker vs Brock Lesnar would be terrible i couldnt buy Brock Lesnar winning for one minute third I Grauntee we will see Rock as WWE champ vs John Cena Fourth If they do Punk vs Taker they should bring Paul Bearer can you imagine the back and forth between him and Paul Heyman leading to Wrestlemania

Sanitarium78
12-19-2012, 03:24 AM
If they do Punk vs Taker they should bring Paul Bearer can you imagine the back and forth between him and Paul Heyman leading to Wrestlemania

I'm sorry but Heyman would own Bearer on any mic exchange. Taker is my favorite of all time and Paul did bring something to the table back in the day. But now Bearer wouldn't bring anything to it as Taker has proven he can handle doing promos just fine on his own and he really doesn't need him. Plus, the only time Bearer had anything good to say was during the original Undertaker/Kane feud. Bearer was always more about his presence at ringside than mic work. If they do bring him back it will be a segment where Punk beats him up in order to piss off Taker and that's it.

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Ryback vs Brock Lesnar would be great two of the biggest powerhouses going one on one sencond Taker vs Brock Lesnar would be terrible i couldnt buy Brock Lesnar winning for one minute third I Grauntee we will see Rock as WWE champ vs John Cena Fourth If they do Punk vs Taker they should bring Paul Bearer can you imagine the back and forth between him and Paul Heyman leading to Wrestlemania

That's a possibility.

I talked to Paul a few months ago and he still works for WWE he said.

Sanitarium78
12-19-2012, 08:29 AM
That's a possibility.

I talked to Paul a few months ago and he still works for WWE he said.

He's probably got a legends contract with them like a lot of the old guys do. That way they can get royalties from video game/DVD appeances, toys and whatever else.

The WWE legends contract is about as close as any of these guys will get to a retirement plan since wrestling doesn't have one. Flair would be smart to sign one of these to payoff all his ex-wives. I've also read he's owed the IRS a lot of money to. He probably still owes money to people from the original days in The Four Horsemen. Even with all he's accomplished in the wresting world, the dude has serious money issues.

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Hell if we wanna talk about people oweing others I know Heyman still owes a lot of the old ECW crew a lot of money.

I remember hearing a interview with RVD saying that Heyman owed him over $10,000.

Sanitarium78
12-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Hell if we wanna talk about people oweing others I know Heyman still owes a lot of the old ECW crew a lot of money.

I remember hearing a interview with RVD saying that Heyman owed him over $10,000.

Yeah, I know that. I remember on The Rise And Fall Of ECW DVD Lance Storm talked about how his last three checks from Heyman bounced and that's why he left for WCW. I'm sure that's a big reason Tazz and the Dudley's left as well. The garunteed money that the WWF offered was just too much to pass up. At least you know a paycheck from Vince McMahon won't bounce.

I think most of the guys from ECW love Heyman too much to take him to court over the back wages though. Most of those guys would've been nothing in the wrestling buisness if Heyman didn't give them a chance. Plus, Heyman always had a handshake agreement with everyone in ECW and didn't have contracts with the talent as far as I know. It's probably hard for anyone who might have wanted to take him to court if they don't have the legal paperwork to go along with their claim.

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 09:15 AM
I know everyone from ECW when it collapsed is still owed money. I remember Dreamer saying he ended up going like a year without getting payed while paying out of pocket just hoping that the company would pick itself back up.

If only they'd of known Heyman was screwing them over.

Honestly I don't think many of them like him anymore because of it. I don't think most of the ECW guys talk to him at all. I know like Rhyno and The Franchise hate him.

adamclark52
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
He's probably got a legends contract with them like a lot of the old guys do. That way they can get royalties from video game/DVD appeances, toys and whatever else.

The WWE legends contract is about as close as any of these guys will get to a retirement plan since wrestling doesn't have one. Flair would be smart to sign one of these to payoff all his ex-wives. I've also read he's owed the IRS a lot of money to. He probably still owes money to people from the original days in The Four Horsemen. Even with all he's accomplished in the wresting world, the dude has serious money issues.

I remember a funny story from about ten years ago that Ric Flair (who was still an active wrestler) was starting up a side venture as a financial planner or something. This was before people knew about all his money problems. Pretty funny in hindsight.

adamclark52
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
And Ryback vs. Lesnar, no I just can't see it happening. I like the idea a few pages back of Ryback facing Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship. I don't buy Ryback as a main-eventer yet and that would serve as a solid mid-card or opening match that he can win a title in. And a loss at Wrestlemania is nothing for the Big Show.

Lesnar should face Triple H this year and Taker next year (lot's of build to their match, and why not have it at the biggest Wrestlemania in ten years; XXX)

hinder5050
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
And Ryback vs. Lesnar, no I just can't see it happening. I like the idea a few pages back of Ryback facing Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship. I don't buy Ryback as a main-eventer yet and that would serve as a solid mid-card or opening match that he can win a title in. And a loss at Wrestlemania is nothing for the Big Show.

Lesnar should face Triple H this year and Taker next year (lot's of build to their match, and why not have it at the biggest Wrestlemania in ten years; XXX)

I dont think Big Show will be World Champ by time Wrestlemania come and further more i would rather see Ryback vs Zack Ryder really anybody would be better than Big Show he is so boring and so stupid anymore he just waisting my time and WWE fans time also you do Ryback vs Brock Lesnar to put Ryback over the top as a solitified Main eventer

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
The only thing I don't like about these Lesner matches is that Lesner is almost too aggressive in ring and Taker and HHH aren't in their prime really. Plus neither of them should lose anymore when they wrestle.

adamclark52
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I dont think Big Show will be World Champ by time Wrestlemania come and further more i would rather see Ryback vs Zack Ryder really anybody would be better than Big Show he is so boring and so stupid anymore he just waisting my time and WWE fans time also you do Ryback vs Brock Lesnar to put Ryback over the top as a solitified Main eventer

If Brock was to face Ryback he'd probably have it in his contract that he wins. Brock is a prick and would only want to lose to established stars, Triple H, Undertaker, Cena, even Rock. And he's smart, so believe me he has it written in his contract. And if they changed the match the DAY OF Wrestlemania to Ryback winning Brock would have no problem walking out. So that's why I don't see it happening.

hinder5050
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
If Brock was to face Ryback he'd probably have it in his contract that he wins. Brock is a prick and would only want to lose to established stars, Triple H, Undertaker, Cena, even Rock. And he's smart, so believe me he has it written in his contract. And if they changed the match the DAY OF Wrestlemania to Ryback winning Brock would have no problem walking out. So that's why I don't see it happening.

I have heard Brock has told WWE he has no problem with working with guys to get them over

adamclark52
12-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, maybe you're right? Things will start taking shape in the next few weeks.

JRA
12-19-2012, 06:29 PM

He owes Shane Douglas over $140,000.

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
He owes Shane Douglas over $140,000.

Damn! For what?

Sanitarium78
12-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I know everyone from ECW when it collapsed is still owed money. I remember Dreamer saying he ended up going like a year without getting payed while paying out of pocket just hoping that the company would pick itself back up.

If only they'd of known Heyman was screwing them over.

Honestly I don't think many of them like him anymore because of it. I don't think most of the ECW guys talk to him at all. I know like Rhyno and The Franchise hate him.

I don't believe Heyman intentionally screwed anyone over. He wanted to handle everything himself and never hired anyone to take care of the money in ECW. So, he ended up mismanaging it and that's one of the reasons it closed. It also didn't help that he lost a guy like Taz, who was making a shit ton of money for him in merch sales. Losing the Dudleys and RVD being out for so long with his leg injury while TV champ helped in the demise to. Taz and RVD were ECW's two biggest draws and without them the company just couldn't stay afloat.

Like they said on the DVD, getting a national TV deal didn't help because they had to tone down the product to appeal to a wider audience. Which in turn caused ECW to lose that special appeal they had. I'm not even gonna get into the horrible decision making Heyman made when he had guys like Mike Awesome and Steve Corino as world champions. Awesome was a very good and impressive worker for a man of his size, but he didn't have that charisma and drawing power a Taz or RVD had for them. Steve Carino was just awful and was nowhere near ready for that spot and had absloutely zero appeal to the ECW audience. There were several factors that brought on the death of ECW, but the mismanagement of the companies money was probably the biggest one. But when Heyman lost his draws to the competition it's hard to make up that financial loss when he didn't have guys built up to take over the spots left opened.

As far as people hating Heyman, I don't know about that. I don't recall ever reading or hearing too much on that subject. He always seems like one of those guys that almost gets universally priased by anyone who worked for or was associated with him.

I have heard Brock has told WWE he has no problem with working with guys to get them over

I hope you don't believe that, I sure as hell don't. Brock has been under contract for about 8 months now and he's only worked two matches. Those matches were against two guys who are massively over already and certainly don't need any rub from Lesnar to help with that. If he had worked with guys like Punk, Sheamus and Bryan I could see that being true. Sounds like complete bullshit to me.

hinder5050
12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, maybe you're right? Things will start taking shape in the next few weeks.

I doubt i am right its just my opion of what i think should happen but bank on rock vs cena

adamclark52
12-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I hope you don't believe that, I sure as hell don't. Brock has been under contract for about 8 months now and he's only worked two matches. Those matches were against two guys who are massively over already and certainly don't need any rub from Lesnar to help with that. If he had worked with guys like Punk, Sheamus and Bryan I could see that being true. Sounds like complete bullshit to me.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I really like Brock Lesnar the character but really don't like Brock Lesnar the person. Everytime he opened his mouth in UFC I was embarrassed to be a fan of his.

Sanitarium78
12-20-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I really like Brock Lesnar the character but really don't like Brock Lesnar the person. Everytime he opened his mouth in UFC I was embarrassed to be a fan of his.

Yeah, as a person he does come off as a piece of shit. Then again, he might just be playing the role of a villian for the cameras to create some buzz.

If I was Vince I would've told Lesnar if he was gonna sign a one year, 5 million dollar contract with me, that he would be working the entire year for me full time. If Brock didn't like it, then he can say goodbye to that 5 million bucks. There's no way i'm paying someone that much and only using him for 30 apperances. I know Triple H didn't negociate this contract, i'm sure it was Vince or John Lauranitis who did it because the whole deal just reeks of someone who is out of touch and has no clue what they're doing anymore.

I doubt even Triple H, HBK or Taker ever made that much for any contract they signed. Once you factor in merch sales, i'm sure they came close to clearing that in a year sometimes. But as the base salary? I doubt it. The only guys who've probably ever made that much in a year for the WWE are Hogan, Austin, Rock and Cena.

JRA
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Spitballing for Wrestlemania:

John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose (I give this guy credit, he's such a great heel I get angry looking at his stupid face. Feed him to the five moves of doom!)

Brock Lesnar vs. Haku (this would rule and you know it)

Team Hell No vs. The New Age Outlaws

Christian vs. Randy Orton (one more match goddammit, this was the feud of 2011!)

Roman Reigns vs. Sin Cara

Seth Rollins vs. The Miz

Dolph Ziggler vs. CM Punk

about two weeks before have Undertaker tease he's coming back for Wrestlemania and that he wants to challenge The Rock, but then have Shield beat him comatose. This gives us the perfect opportunity for the last true dream match:

The Rock vs. HBK (goddammit Vince, this match = $$$$$)

adamclark52
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, as a person he does come off as a piece of shit. Then again, he might just be playing the role of a villian for the cameras to create some buzz.

If I was Vince I would've told Lesnar if he was gonna sign a one year, 5 million dollar contract with me, that he would be working the entire year for me full time. If Brock didn't like it, then he can say goodbye to that 5 million bucks. There's no way i'm paying someone that much and only using him for 30 apperances. I know Triple H didn't negociate this contract, i'm sure it was Vince or John Lauranitis who did it because the whole deal just reeks of someone who is out of touch and has no clue what they're doing anymore.

I doubt even Triple H, HBK or Taker ever made that much for any contract they signed. Once you factor in merch sales, i'm sure they came close to clearing that in a year sometimes. But as the base salary? I doubt it. The only guys who've probably ever made that much in a year for the WWE are Hogan, Austin, Rock and Cena.

The way he left in 2004 he has no right to make any demands.

John The Drummer
12-20-2012, 01:20 PM
The Rock vs. HBK (goddammit Vince, this match = $$$$$)

Has that ever even happened?!

JRA
12-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Has that ever even happened?!

Nope.

The way he left in 2004 he has no right to make any demands.

Unfortunate by becoming a part of the UFC when it was becoming popular more or less made him a celebrity. WWE needs him way more than he needs them.

adamclark52
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Nope.

Unfortunate by becoming a part of the UFC when it was becoming popular more or less made him a celebrity. WWE needs him way more than he needs them.

Completely off topic, is that Jenna Marbles in your avatar? So hot.

Sanitarium78
12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
WWE needs him way more than he needs them.

Um no, the WWE doesn't need Lesnar at all. They're making it just fine without him. Nothing Lesnar did with his comeback was that important. This contract was one of the biggest wastes of money ever by Vince.

JRA
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Completely off topic, is that Jenna Marbles in your avatar? So hot.

Yes. And she is hot, though I value her more for her actual talent. ;)

And I disagree Sanitarium, it's been dry county for WWE ever since CM Punk lost to HHH. And Lesnar wouldn't have been a waste of money if he actually beat John Cena.

Sanitarium78
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Nice story here about Daniel Bryan meeting a 7 year old fan who is fighting cancer.

TV interview:
http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/video-wwe-star-daniel-bryan-looks-forward-to/vkcyW/

metting the kid:
http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/raw-video-pittsburgh-area-boy-battling-cancer/vkdYf/

adamclark52
12-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Nice story here about Daniel Bryan meeting a 7 year old fan who is fighting cancer.

TV interview:
http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/video-wwe-star-daniel-bryan-looks-forward-to/vkcyW/

metting the kid:
http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/raw-video-pittsburgh-area-boy-battling-cancer/vkdYf/

I am really surprised and happy that Daniel Bryan has done as well as he has. It gives me hope for the future.

Sanitarium78
12-22-2012, 08:29 AM
I am really surprised and happy that Daniel Bryan has done as well as he has. It gives me hope for the future.

After his run with Kane is over he should be in the world title picture again and win it at some point next year. I think he's the most over face on the roster right now. Cena seems to be getting more and more boos lately, Sheamus gets a solid reaction but it's nothing special. Orton gets a good one but his boring ass is out injured again. Once Bryan's music hits the whole crowd erupts into the "YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!" chant. In all my years a watching I don't recall seeing anything like that before.

Bryan has a unique character right now because it fits in well with the WWE family friendly PG era, it has appeal to both adults and kids at the same time. Which is something John Cena has failed miserably with the last four or five years. I think it might be time to see if Daniel Bryan can be the next face of the company. Of course he might have to shave that awesome beard though. He's four years younger than Cena so he can fill the role for the next few years until the next guy is ready to take over.

adamclark52
12-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Weither you like him or not, Cena's time is up. And that's what comes with carrying the company for so long. He doesn't let it on but I bet his body is a complete wreck after going steady for almost ten years. I bet he's exempt from the Wellness Policy as well.

They have to get on finding a new face SOON. Because if he keeps going at the rate he is now he will just crash hard one day and they'll be fucked. But the problem is that they've waited so long and depended on him for so long while they should have spent the last three years building someone. Now they just throw people like Ryback at the crowd, expect the crowd to love them and it doesn't work out long-term.