PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

300%_Density
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Is Spike not renewing TNA in October even something that qualifies as news?

adamclark52
07-27-2014, 11:31 PM

Seriously?! I'd say it is. That could be the final nail in the coffin.

The saddest part of that news: my reaction isn't "poor TNA", "what are all those wrestlers going to do?", "this could be the end of something special", "this is bad for the business as a whole". My reaction is more on par with:

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/684/6842887/2419796-2691046843-Ha%252B.gif

Sanitarium78
07-28-2014, 04:33 AM

Yes, it does. One of the main reasons WCW and ECW folded was because they couldn't secure new TV deals before their money ran out. TNA loses the TV revenue which is huge and if they don't get a new deal, they have no way to distribute the product and they will go under.

No matter what fans feelings are on TNA, this is bad for the wrestling industry as a whole. The more companies there are, the more opportunities the performers have to get a job and showcase what they can do. Most of the talent on the TNA roster is established enough that when it goes under they will do well on the indy scene and in Japan. Still, they won't have that national TV exposure every week which is a huge loss.

There's no doubt in my mind this is the end for them. Spike TV is just about as low as you can get as a cable TV channel. If they don't want TNA then who the hell else is gonna pick them up? They only draw about 1.5 million viewers a week. Unless a station is really hurting for people to watch them, why take a chance on TNA who has no turned a profit in who knows how long? Since they are the most watched show on Spike, I thought a deal would actually be reached, so this surprises me. I guess it doesn't financially make sense for them to keep TNA around anymore. Which is pretty sad considering Spike isn't that big of a TV channel.

300%_Density
07-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I get that tv deals were what killed off WCW & ECW. But in those situations they didn't have a 2 month warning did they? Weren't those way more sudden announcements? They have time to shop. I still bet that they get on somewhere. If this was the last week of September I'd say they are done. But they still have a couple months and a few days. But yes competition is still needed. Wonder if Vince would come out on Raw and gloat if they don't get a tv deal? That'd be so Vince.

adamclark52
07-28-2014, 07:58 AM
I get that tv deals were what killed off WCW & ECW. But in those situations they didn't have a 2 month warning did they? Weren't those way more sudden announcements? They have time to shop. I still bet that they get on somewhere. If this was the last week of September I'd say they are done. But they still have a couple months and a few days. But yes competition is still needed. Wonder if Vince would come out on Raw and gloat if they don't get a tv deal? That'd be so Vince.

I remember the WCW thing being drawn out for a bit longer. It was a whole drama from the summer before when word came out that Time-Warner was looking to sell. I don't even remember if the TV thing was the end of it. It was bigger, the ownership.

And I strongly doubt Vince or the WWE will even ever mention it aside from a smal qwip at someone who used to wrestle there. If anything, if I was the WWE, I'd delay the Sting DVD set a few months so they could buy the TNA library and include some of it.

Actually I wouldn't. I'd release whatever they were going to release and sell a billion copies then buy the TNA library. Then I'd release a second Sting set with TNA matches and sell even more DVDs. And buying the library would be cheap because the people running TNA seem so stupid they'd probably give it away.

adamclark52
07-28-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm also finding it pretty funny that Vince Russo being revealed to be still "secretly" working for TNA was a big rumored reason for Spike not wanting to renew their contract.

Seriously though, why would Spike NOT want them?

John The Drummer
07-28-2014, 08:30 AM
TNA is a company I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to like, but they just do so many things the wrong way. I've turned on TNA a few times over the last month, I'll enjoy it, I'll be into it, I'll really like seeing different faces, then It'll just hit a brick wall and fall flat on its face and get boring. I feel thy try too hard to make their product look professionally shot and high def, which in the end makes it look insanely cheesy and fake.

Sanitarium78
07-28-2014, 08:40 AM
I can't remember how much notice WCW and ECW had before they closed. I know I was a lot more surprised that ECW went under then I was that WCW did. The rumors of WCW going out of business were pretty strong for a little while before it happened. ECW just seemed to go under very quickly though. One week they were on TV as usual and then the next they weren't. They still ran some shows for a month or so until they officially announced they were done.

When WCW and ECW went under, wrestling was still pretty popular and they couldn't even get new TV deals. Wrestling isn't a hot product anymore so TNA's chances of finding a new deal aren't very strong. Plus, the company hasn't turned a profit in years and i'm sure are tens of millions of dollars in the hole by now. Unless some channel is really desperate to have anything at all on their programming schedule, no stations are gonna touch TNA knowing that the company doesn't make any money. There's no doubt in my mind that TNA is done now. Their revenue from TV is the only thing keeping them alive. They don't make money from anything else.

John The Drummer
07-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Unless some channel is really desperate to have anything at all on their programming schedule, no stations are gonna touch TNA knowing that the company doesn't make any money.

Not only that, but look at their track record... they've been hopping from station to station, network to network, channel to channel for years. Sure they've been on Spike for quite a while, but even before that they seemed to not have a stable home and would constantly be changing.

I remember back when TNA WAS good and entertaining and fresh and they still couldn't keep on a channel. I'm surprised they've been on Spike THIS long, especially considering how their product hasn't been GREAT for quite some time.

Sanitarium78
07-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Not only that, but look at their track record... they've been hopping from station to station, network to network, channel to channel for years. Sure they've been on Spike for quite a while, but even before that they seemed to not have a stable home and would constantly be changing.

I remember back when TNA WAS good and entertaining and fresh and they still couldn't keep on a channel. I'm surprised they've been on Spike THIS long, especially considering how their product hasn't been GREAT for quite some time.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about when you say they jumped from network to network? They've been with Spike nine years now.

John The Drummer
07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
They were on Fox Sports Network (I believe that was the sports station) for a small bit (they had the "sport" look to their show where they had the wrestlers names on the top screen, time limit, etc), and I remember seeing them on another station or two before that. Possible the dreaded "Channel 3".

BloodoftheKings
07-28-2014, 09:28 AM
I feel like TV deals shouldn't be this important in 2014. Why aren't there any wrestling promotions that are completely internet based?

dcmetal108
07-28-2014, 09:46 AM
I feel like TV deals shouldn't be this important in 2014. Why aren't there any wrestling promotions that are completely internet based?

There are.

But you have to remember that Spike TV is losing money with TNA. TNA isn't making any money.

Their PPV's and TV Tapings have HORRIBLE turnouts. Their shows on the road have sometimes 100 or so people there. They cut the majority of their talents pay by huge percentages. Hogan left. Sting left. Rumor has it Angle is trying to get back into WWE and sign with them. Most of TNA's big talent is making their living off of indy promotions.

Plus no other network would pick them up, they see there is nothing to be gained with them.

I predict by the end of 2014 TNA will have folded.

John The Drummer
07-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Rumor has it Angle is trying to get back into WWE and sign with them. Most of TNA's big talent is making their living off of indy promotions.

I read in an interview that Angle has considered going back to WWE so he can end his career where he started it, but can't talk to Vince about contract negotiations due to his contract with TNA. So if he quits TNA, theres a chance he wont pass the phyical test to go back to WWE.

adamclark52
07-28-2014, 09:58 AM
AJ Styles just did an interview where he said TNA offered him around two hundred thousand a year. His prior contract was for three hundred and fifty thousand a year.

The only ones I feel bad for are Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and James Storm. They're the only decent workers who have stuck with them for a long time. I can bet that if the company doesn't fold they won't resign anyway. The rest are all cannon fodder.

XDoomsayerX
07-28-2014, 11:29 AM
AJ Styles just did an interview where he said TNA offered him around two hundred thousand a year. His prior contract was for three hundred and fifty thousand a year.

The only ones I feel bad for are Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and James Storm. They're the only decent workers who have stuck with them for a long time. I can bet that if the company doesn't fold they won't resign anyway. The rest are all cannon fodder.

Samoe Joe and AJ Styles should of been the faces of TNA and TNA wouldve of been better but yeah that never happened.

TNA is dead bringing back Devon, Matt Hardy, and Rhino yeah that will get vieweres :tp:

John The Drummer
07-28-2014, 11:40 AM
- Snitsky joins TNA
- TNA goes out of business

IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!

Maideneer
07-28-2014, 12:13 PM
It's my understanding the current TV deal isn't over until October. That's 3 months remaining to find someone else. Maybe ESPN 37 or something can show their programming at 3 A.M. as a last resort.

adamclark52
07-28-2014, 12:33 PM
The TV deal ends right before Bound For Glory. Maybe Russo can book Dixie in a "TV Deal on a Pole" match.

BloodoftheKings
07-28-2014, 08:41 PM
There are.

I should have worded that differently. I know plenty of promotions do ippvs but I was thinking more along the lines of something that has weekly shows but they do it all through a website or streaming service. To my knowledge there's no promotions doing something like that.

MPF
07-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Tru Tv should be jumping all over this shit!

Sanitarium78
07-29-2014, 04:50 AM
I should have worded that differently. I know plenty of promotions do ippvs but I was thinking more along the lines of something that has weekly shows but they do it all through a website or streaming service. To my knowledge there's no promotions doing something like that.

So, you've missed all this talk about a thing called the WWE network then? Main Event, Superstars and NXT are all new weekly wrestling shows that are aired on it, plus the monthly PPV.

TNA is far too deep in the hole financially to start running their shows on the internet weekly. The WWE will lose 40-50 million this year because of the network launch. If TNA tried to do something similar, it would end them. Also, good old, regular TV is still the best way to reach the most people. Maybe it's because I grew up with cable TV but I don't like having to watch TV shows through an online streaming service. My TV feed never goes out when i'm watching something on it. But an online streaming one (I'm looking at you WWE network) has before and no doubt will again. TNA needs a TV deal, they are not big enough nor organized enough to run an online streaming network. I doubt their management is competent enough to know how to go about even starting one.

300%_Density
07-29-2014, 06:28 AM
The TV deal ends right before Bound For Glory. Maybe Russo can book Dixie in a "TV Deal on a Pole" match.

I don't want a slim LED tv. I want one of those out of the 80s with the fake wood casing cabinet all around it that are like 300 pounds.

John The Drummer
07-29-2014, 04:02 PM
I keep reading interviews with wrestlers and they keep bringing up "The Streak" and it makes me rage and rage and rage! :(

That was such a dumb move. It did NOTHING to help Lesnar's career. I honestly feel it would have done more for his career if he would have lost, went away for a while, then come back as an even bigger monster and destroy.

Sanitarium78
07-29-2014, 07:17 PM
I keep reading interviews with wrestlers and they keep bringing up "The Streak" and it makes me rage and rage and rage! :(

That was such a dumb move. It did NOTHING to help Lesnar's career. I honestly feel it would have done more for his career if he would have lost, went away for a while, then come back as an even bigger monster and destroy.

It did everything to help Lesnar's career. He can be booked as an unbeatable monster now that he's ended the streak. This was something they could not do with him before due to his high profile loses to Cena and HHH. But he conquered what no one else could, so now he can conquer anything. Plus, he will probably be used heavily to help increase network subscriptions. He can be booked as the champion who's exclusive to the network as well. Because of his limited schedule he will more than likely only wrestle at the PPVs. So, in order to see the world champion, Brock Lesnar is to order the network. This is a great business strategy all the way around. You can make Lesnar champ and make the monthly PPVs feel like something special because the champion is exclusive to those shows.

JRA
07-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Brock Lesnar should never have lost to Cena nor HHH in the first place. If he beat Cena that first match in and, well, just never had that second match with HHH, then at Mania, Taker and Lesnar could have had a match worse than Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff vs. The Bushwackers and Lesnar beating the streak still would have been the greatest thing ever.

adamclark52
07-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Plus, think about what it will do for Cena's career when he beats the man that broke the streak.

Maideneer
07-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Ricardo Rodriguez released.

John The Drummer
07-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Ricardo Rodriguez released.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

dcmetal108
07-30-2014, 08:58 PM

Listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast where its Jericho / Edge and Heyman talking and Heyman talks about how it was the only option for Lesner to do it and how when it happened Lesner grabbed Heyman and asked if he got hit hard because he couldn't hear and that was just because the place became dead silent.

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast where its Jericho / Edge and Heyman talking and Heyman talks about how it was the only option for Lesner to do it and how when it happened Lesner grabbed Heyman and asked if he got hit hard because he couldn't hear and that was just because the place became dead silent.

Thanks for this! I downloaded parts 1 & 2 of this interview and it is AMAZING so far (just over halfway thru part 1). That stiory of Taker getting burnt by his pyro 3 times, then continuing his match and finishing it was just:eek: . Going to start downloading more of his episodes!

I downloaded Part 1 of Sting's interview on "The Ross Report" and its pretty good too! Lots of promoting and commercial type things though in the beginning. I'm new to podcasts, so I'm guessing thats how they're all ran?

XDoomsayerX
07-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Prince Devitt in NXT is official!

Also Cesaro and Cena work great together just like Punk and Cena.
Cesaro looked great in defeat got taken out by a Super FU.

Roman Reigns needs to learn more moves cuz his match with Del Rio showed how limited that foo is.

Woods is a greater talker cant wait til he gets to wrestle and show how underrated he is.

Also Stephanie is the new Vince, such a great heal.

"At SS imma make you my bitch!" :eek:

dcmetal108
07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks for this! I downloaded parts 1 & 2 of this interview and it is AMAZING so far (just over halfway thru part 1). That stiory of Taker getting burnt by his pyro 3 times, then continuing his match and finishing it was just:eek: . Going to start downloading more of his episodes!

I downloaded Part 1 of Sting's interview on "The Ross Report" and its pretty good too! Lots of promoting and commercial type things though in the beginning. I'm new to podcasts, so I'm guessing thats how they're all ran?

Jerichos podcast has a shit ton of commercials since he does it for free while other ones such as the Roosterteeth podcast (which is amazing) only has an ad here or there. For Jerichos I usually just skip to the interview since thats the best part.

John The Drummer
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Xbox Live has been very buggy this week, so last night since I couldn't watch anything on there, I decided to turn on my TV and watch TNA Impact, just to see how it was.... and :wow: .... I am not trolling when I say that it was one of the best wrestling programs I have seen in a long time! RAW has had some great moments, yes, but as a whole, I just... wow. Every match was top notch.... here is a small review.....

Show started off with what I feel was the weakest point, and that was Dixie Carter and her group (Rhino, EC III, some little fairy, Snitsky, and Ezekiel Jackson, now known by his real name, Rycklon). She talked about ECW, it sucks, blah blah. Just looking for cheap heat. I can't stand her, and a lot of the boos sounded piped in.

FIrst match of the night I had very low expectations for, and that was the reunited Hardy Boyz taking on The Wolves. WHAT A MATCH! Matt sure has slowed down a bit, but the Wolves were able to pick up the slack and make the match top notch. They work as a great team, and to see them face a team with a bigger world wide name, it was great. Wolves won and bowed to the Hardy's after and they all shook hands. Great LEGIT respect.

Next was DJ Z vs Manik vs Low Ki, the first of three qualifying matches for the X-Division Title. It was GREAT. Low Ki is a great worker, Manik was fun, and DJ Z (whoever he may be...) was surprisingly entertaing! Low Ki won!

James Storm came out and cut a promo for Sailor Moon, aka Sanada (I'm sorry, but HE just looks so awkward), which lead to the third match, Sanada vs Brian Cage vs Crazzy Steve. I have no idea who Brian Cage was, he is a big guy, definitely the kind of look McMahon likes (big muscular, almost like Chris Masters, but more rough looking), but he could FLY around the ring. Almost like an in shape Vader! Springboard moonsaults, dives, he definitely didn't let his size hold him back! Crazzy Steve was just there, and Sanada ended up winning, leading to next weeks X Division title match consisting of Sanada, Low Ki, aaaaand..

Samoa Joe vs Tigre Uno vs Homicide for the third slot was next. Pretty good match, but it was obvious that Samoa Joe was going to pick up the victory. I don't think Homicide has been on for a while, at least when I watch he never is, so good to see him again. So next weeks triple threat match should be a solid competition, really hoping Low Ki takes the win, but I'm sure it'll be Sanada.

BTW, between that match and the previous one, the Dudley Boyz and Tommy Dreamer came out to cut a promo. Blah blah, ECW, we love being here, same old thing, but a good promo compared to most of the others TNA has been doing :)

The final match was for the TNA World Title which featured TNA Punk (Austin Aries) vs Black Lesnar (Bobby Lashley). I fell asleep before it, sorry :( .

Anywho! My interest in TNA has been restored after catching most of this episode!

adamclark52
08-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I shit on TNA a lot. And one of the main reasons is because it can be so much better. There are some great talents there. But then they throw Dixie out there, put their belt on Booby Lashley and rehash stuff the WWE did fifteen years ago.

The bad is so damn bad that it outweighs the good tenfold.

John The Drummer
08-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Their X-Division and Tag Division (well... The Wolves) are what really saves their company. At least, thats what I caught from last nights episode.

XDoomsayerX
08-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Their X-Division and Tag Division (well... The Wolves) are what really saves their company. At least, thats what I caught from last nights episode.

That ep was Destination X (was a PPV before) ep so it was primarily focused on the X division. The usual Dixie crap and Bully Ray will continue afterwards.

300%_Density
08-01-2014, 07:41 PM
So in my (seemingly) never ending quest to relive the late 90s/early '00s years, I switched to the very 1st IYH. Oh my god. Dok really might be the worst heel announcer ever. Guess I haven't watched mid 90s WWF in awhile.

Edit :
And there's been a Justin Cred.... Uh Aldo Montoya sighting!!!!

And even worse they televised the Adam Bomb / Mabel KOTR 1:50 squash but the Owen/Bulldog qualifying match didn't even get released as extra on the VHS version.

And who could forget the uncomfortable segment where the WWF gives away a house on the PPV? Man I hate Todd Pettengill. Didn't that house get sold or foreclosed on or something?

adamclark52
08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
So in my (seemingly) never ending quest to relive the late 90s/early '00s years, I switched to the very 1st IYH. Oh my god. Dok really might be the worst heel announcer ever. Guess I haven't watched mid 90s WWF in awhile.

Edit :
And there's been a Justin Cred.... Uh Aldo Montoya sighting!!!!

And even worse they televised the Adam Bomb / Mabel KOTR 1:50 squash but the Owen/Bulldog qualifying match didn't even get released as extra on the VHS version.

And who could forget the uncomfortable segment where the WWF gives away a house on the PPV? Man I hate Todd Pettengill. Didn't that house get sold or foreclosed on or something?

I've been watching the DVD compilation that they released last year that was a "best of" In Your House. There were some good matches on those pay per views...but a lot of crap. The mid-1990's were not a good time for the WWE. And Todd Pettengill came back to do some commentary between matches and he was HILARIOUS. He threw a lot of jabs at the WWE product of the time and himself. I've only watched the first couple of hours but that was enough for me to recommend it. As bad as the WWE was in the mid-1990's I still really enjoy it.

300%_Density
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I've been watching the DVD compilation that they released last year that was a "best of" In Your House. There were some good matches on those pay per views...but a lot of crap. The mid-1990's were not a good time for the WWE. And Todd Pettengill came back to do some commentary between matches and he was HILARIOUS. He threw a lot of jabs at the WWE product of the time and himself. I've only watched the first couple of hours but that was enough for me to recommend it. As bad as the WWE was in the mid-1990's I still really enjoy it.

Ton of crap for sure. There's an HBK/Jarrett match that's on IYH 2/3 (?) that's almost 20 mins that's supposedly 4-5 star quality which I'm anxious to see. The Sid/Diesel main event ended up being a dq after a run in from... Tatanka (?) wtf? I also don't get why instead of disrupting the VHS flow, take off the "exclusive" coliseum video matches and just add them in the regular card instead of doing main event & then 2 matches nobody cares about.

adamclark52
08-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Ton of crap for sure. There's an HBK/Jarrett match that's on IYH 2/3 (?) that's almost 20 mins that's supposedly 4-5 star quality which I'm anxious to see. The Sid/Diesel main event ended up being a dq after a run in from... Tatanka (?) wtf?

I remember that match from the set, it was VERY good. And listen to the commentary. Jerry Lawler has one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in my life when they show some hairsprayed 1990's skank on the screen.

"Whoa, what's her hobby? Stepping on rakes?"

I was a little inhebriated when I watched that match and I was laughing my goddamn ass off. You can give Jerry all the shit you want but pre...I don't know...2002?...he was awesome. That segment with him at Barely Legal 1997 is still on of my favorite segments of all-time. And that line is up there with some of Bobby Heenans best.

I also don't get why instead of disrupting the VHS flow, take off the "exclusive" coliseum video matches and just add them in the regular card instead of doing main event & then 2 matches nobody cares about.

They were after the main events? That's stupid. Imagine Trish Stratus verses Jazz verses Lita after Hulk Hogan verses the Rock...oh wait, that happened.

300%_Density
08-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Yep. Main event was Sid / Diesel. Run in by Tatanka & then Bigelow shortly after. Then the "coliseum exclusives" was UT vs Kama & then you'll never believe this... Tatanka vs Bigelow. W/o knowing you would just figure why Bigelow decided to run in? Dumb dumb.

rjturtle9
08-01-2014, 10:08 PM
FIrst match of the night I had very low expectations for, and that was the reunited Hardy Boyz taking on The Wolves. WHAT A MATCH! Matt sure has slowed down a bit, but the Wolves were able to pick up the slack and make the match top notch. They work as a great team, and to see them face a team with a bigger world wide name, it was great. Wolves won and bowed to the Hardy's after and they all shook hands. Great LEGIT respect.

Next was DJ Z vs Manik vs Low Ki, the first of three qualifying matches for the X-Division Title. It was GREAT. Low Ki is a great worker, Manik was fun, and DJ Z (whoever he may be...) was surprisingly entertaing! Low Ki won!

James Storm came out and cut a promo for Sailor Moon, aka Sanada (I'm sorry, but HE just looks so awkward), which lead to the third match, Sanada vs Brian Cage vs Crazzy Steve. I have no idea who Brian Cage was, he is a big guy, definitely the kind of look McMahon likes (big muscular, almost like Chris Masters, but more rough looking), but he could FLY around the ring. Almost like an in shape Vader! Springboard moonsaults, dives, he definitely didn't let his size hold him back! Crazzy Steve was just there, and Sanada ended up winning, leading to next weeks X Division title match consisting of Sanada, Low Ki, aaaaand..

I forgot that was yesterday! Damn, I really wanted to see that tag match and the other two sound great! Awesome that Low Ki is back after a year long retirement. Ha! Also Brian Cage is amazing! He's a PWG regular so I've seen him many times live. Dudes a beast!

adamclark52
08-02-2014, 09:56 AM
So the Network is coming to Canada, next week! I'm sceptical because of two words attached to it: Rogers Communications. I'm sure every cable company is shit but they're the only one I deal with and they are shit. Therefor they are the worst cable company in the world. Shit service, shit products and hella expensive. That said I have my phone, internet and TV through them since they're one of the only games in town and I'll get the same shit service anywhere else.

So will I get the Network? Probably not. I can't see Rogers charging as low as they charge for it in the States. I'd imagine closer to twenty dollars a month. That's still a good deal but I just won't watch it. I'm a father of two and I have very little spare time to myself. And I'd rather spend my free time with one of my other interests (video games, writing, masterbating) so I'd be paying twenty bucks a month to maybe watch it one night a month. Even if it was ten dollars a month I just don't know if I'd watch it enough to justify even having it. We'll have to see what the price is.

I have heard there'll be a free preview week starting August 12, so I will be able to watch Summerslam I hope.

John The Drummer
08-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Sting added to the Summerslam/WWE 2k15 Panel, and Undertaker at some convention as well. ITS A SIGN. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU KNOW IT.....

CM PUNK RETURNING AT WRESTLEMANIA 3!!!!!

adamclark52
08-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Sting added to the Summerslam/WWE 2k15 Panel, and Undertaker at some convention as well. ITS A SIGN. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU KNOW IT.....

Triple threat!

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/17855000/ngbbs491069e1d1d0c.jpg

High Five!

Maideneer
08-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Completely random, where's Tamina Snuka?

adamclark52
08-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks to Shawn Micheals verses Diesel on that In Your House my two boys have learned the fine art of the top rope.

Sanitarium78
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM

I guess I gotta be the one to break this to you, but all the jokes about CM Punk returning ran their course months ago. Not to mention none of them have been funny either.

Completely random, where's Tamina Snuka?

She torn something in her knee and had surgery about a month or so ago. I remember reading some mention of it. I guess she is so irrelevant that nobody even knew she got injured.

So has the lack of depth in the WWE main event scene ever been as bad as it is right now? When you got the Stephanie/Bella angle closing RAW two weeks in a row leading up to Summerslam something is not right. I do think the angle has been booked well and I am enjoying it but it shouldn't be closing RAW for two straight weeks.

John The Drummer
08-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I guess I gotta be the one to break this to you, but all the jokes about CM Punk returning ran their course months ago. Not to mention none of them have been funny either.

*sarcasm*

John The Drummer
08-04-2014, 08:29 PM
So, Lana singing Happy Birthday in Russian was probably one of the worst things I have ever heard :lol: . Sounded like cats fighting!

In other news.... the interview JR did with AJ Styles was AMAZING!

Sanitarium78
08-05-2014, 05:04 AM
So, Lana singing Happy Birthday in Russian was probably one of the worst things I have ever heard :lol: . Sounded like cats fighting!

In other news.... the interview JR did with AJ Styles was AMAZING!

That interview was shit compared to when Styles was on Jericho's podcast. Jericho and Austin actually let their guests talk. The flaw with JR's podcast is that he yaks too much and doesn't always let his guests talk as much as they should. His interview with Styles and the first part of the one he's doing with Sting are prime examples of this. I'm worried about listening to part two of Sting's interview this week because i'm afraid I won't get to hear him speak at all since JR likes the sound of his own voice so much. It must have been awkward for Styles and Sting just to sit there on the phone and wait for JR to stop blabbing on about nonsense until they could finally say something.

Austin and Jericho's podcast are the best ones. They're both entertaining as hell and know how to conduct an interview. With Jericho you get guests from the rock/metal world to. Last week he had a UFO expert on, so Jericho covers everything. If you're a wrestling fan there is no reason you shouldn't be listening to Austin and Jericho's podcast. Unless they drop the ball with their guests like Jericho did a few weeks ago when he had Steel Panther on.

Sanitarium78
08-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Here's the links to Austin, Jericho's and JRs podcasts:

Austin has two shows. Tuesday is the clean, "family friendly" show and Thursdays is the unleashed show were foul language is allowed.

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show

Jericho's has new ones up every wednesday and friday.

http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

Jim Ross has a new one every wednesday.

http://podcastone.com/The-Ross-Report

Maideneer
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm liking Austin's show Broken Skull Ranch. It's your typical run of the mill head-to-head combat/obstacle course type thing, but the more and more I watch the more I like it. The final test called a Skullbuster was one of the craziest o-courses I've ever seen...brutal.

John The Drummer
08-05-2014, 08:44 AM
I've been downloading a bunch of Jericho's podcasts lately, hes really entertaining. Only listened to one of Stone Colds so far (with Tommy Dreamer, part 1) and it was great. I've noticed that about JR's, he does chit chat a lot, with himself, but he still has some good parts here and there, probably won't keep up with his as much as Y2J or Stone Cold's, though.

Was the Alien episode of Jericho's any good? I just downloaded that, sounded interesting. The Jericho/Heyman/Edge interview was entertaining as hell. Paul is such a great talker!

XDoomsayerX
08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Raw sounded bad last night.

SummerSlam looks solid though.

John The Drummer
08-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Raw sounded bad last night.

SummerSlam looks solid though.

For the little I caught, it was so-so. I really liked Triple H poking fun at the WWE Network promoting they've been doing "And for only *crowd* NINE-NINETY NINE a month!" :tongue: And he kept coming back and saying it after everything Steph would say :lol: . Its worth YouTubing :D

Also, Cesaro is on a losing streak. Sigh.

John The Drummer
08-05-2014, 12:51 PM
WWE is releasing a second Attitude Era DVD! Just judging by the quick run down of it, it sounds much better than the first one...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/499311-attitude-era-volume-2-dvd

NickLed19
08-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Steph looked so hot last night

Sanitarium78
08-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Steph looked so hot last night

She usually does. Those leather shorts she had on need to be worn for her match at Summerslam.

XDoomsayerX
08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
SS is being booked so poorly. Seriously Smackdown this week just sounds awful.

http://www1.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0806/579740/spoilers-updated-smackdown-spoilers-for-friday-with-a-correction/

A lumberjack match really? :tp:

Big E, Woods, and Kofi stable already dropped.

Sandow keeps jobbing.

Recaps galore.

Damn it TNA why you couldnt you have been successful the WWE needs competition.

John The Drummer
08-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I don't see where you are getting the Big E, Woods, Kofi stable disbandment already, sure hope not.

And a lumberjack match, that sounds AMAZZZZZZZZZZZING *sarcasm*. Should have been a falls count anywhere match or something.

adamclark52
08-06-2014, 06:48 PM
A lumberjack match would work if everybody hated Rollins. But as far as I know only Ambrose has a beef with him.

adamclark52
08-06-2014, 06:50 PM
SS is being booked so poorly. Seriously Smackdown this week just sounds awful.

http://www1.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0806/579740/spoilers-updated-smackdown-spoilers-for-friday-with-a-correction/

A lumberjack match really? :tp:

Big E, Woods, and Kofi stable already dropped.

Sandow keeps jobbing.

Recaps galore.

Damn it TNA why you couldnt you have been successful the WWE needs competition.

If you lose to Sin Cara you know your career is done.

Sanitarium78
08-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Where did the Kofi, Big E, Woods stable get dropped? Just because they missed Raw doesn't mean they're done. They're letting the stable build slowly. We don't really even know if they're heels or faces still. Woods was a little vague about where they stood when he was on commentary last week.

The lumberjack stipulation for Ambrose/Rollins is fuckin stupid. It also makes Ambrose look like a complete moron because he didn't choose to put the MITB contract on the line instead.

While the video package was well done, it would be nice if they could get Lesnar and Cena to actually show up on Raw so the match can have some build up.

XDoomsayerX
08-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Where did the Kofi, Big E, Woods stable get dropped? Just because they missed Raw doesn't mean they're done. They're letting the stable build slowly. We don't really even know if they're heels or faces still. Woods was a little vague about where they stood when he was on commentary last week.

The lumberjack stipulation for Ambrose/Rollins is fuckin stupid. It also makes Ambrose look like a complete moron because he didn't choose to put the MITB contract on the line instead.

While the video package was well done, it would be nice if they could get Lesnar and Cena to actually show up on Raw so the match can have some build up.

Y'all be right.

Just speculated since not on Raw, or Main Event, and no mention of em in the spoilers plus Big E losing.

On another note Slater Gator baby!:cool:

Finally saw the end to Raw just to see Stephanie :tongue:
-Brie Bella sucks, I really hope Stephanie wins this match. Brie's acting is just so poor when up against Stephanie.

Also pretty sure they dont want Rollins/Ambrose to steal the show at SS thus the crap lumberjack stip, prob will be a short match.This is why PPV's like HIAC, TLC, Extreme Rules,etc shouldnt exist cuz matches like this can have a proper payoff.

Maideneer
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
The hell?

http://cdn.ticketfly.com/i/00/01/17/61/41-elg.jpg

Maideneer
08-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Alberto Del Rio released

Sanitarium78
08-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Alberto Del Rio released

Get the fuck outta here:confused:

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Alberto Del Rio released

Well now that's a big one. Can't say I'm surprised. The guy never caught on and was a floater the last few years.and I'd heard he was thinking of hanging it up sooner than later. But still,wow.

EDIT: I went to my news site after reading this and it says he was FIRED for "unprofessional conduct with another WWE employee".
He probably took Emma to Wal-Mart and shit went downhill.

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Now this one is bullshit:
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/backstage-news-mark-yeatons-wwe-departure-jr-austin-react/

Not many people know who that guy is but imagine the Attitude Era without him.

Maideneer
08-07-2014, 03:23 PM
So that's what Austin meant. I read that tweet a couple days ago and I thought nothing of it.

Wow what the hell is WWE doing?!!! This cost cutting thing because of the underperformance of the network really is crap and it's why I disdain them going public in the first place. Khali remains. WWE films remain. All sorts of dead weight remains and they take out their anger on back office staff and good performers (stale character is creatives fault).

They sound like a real shit company to work for honestly. I understand making a cut here and there and announcing a mass layoff by last resort but come on...it hasn't come to that and we all know it. This isn't TNA.

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I've always been under the impression that the WWE has never been a very nice place to work, as a wrestler or office staff.

If Charles Robinson goes I will truely die on the inside.

John The Drummer
08-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Well, ADR did seem to be a bit of an ass, and maybe take his job far too seriously. Remember the match he had with Sin Botcha, the one where Sin broke his singer or something and the match was ended. ADR kept going at him and was being rather rough with officials.

JRA
08-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm afraid wrestling might die this year. :(

John The Drummer
08-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I never really noticed a huge change in everything since the Network started up, the releases just felt like business moves... but now... wow, shit is just hitting the fan so hard. It's insane. WWE Network may have been the worst move ever.

adamclark52
08-07-2014, 03:52 PM
If the WWE can survive 1994-1996 they can survive anything. They just have to get over themselves and realize they're just a lousy wrestling promotion, nothing more and nothing less.

Sanitarium78
08-08-2014, 09:06 AM
More on the Del Rio situation:

"Del Rio slapped an employee in reaction to a racist comment made towards him. The report states that at catering, somebody asked a person to clean off his plate. The person joked something along the lines of how that's Del Rio's job. Del Rio found out about the comments and confronted the person. The person did not offer an apology and smiled at Del Rio, which reportedly led to the slap from Del Rio."

If this is true, I can't blame Del Rio for his actions. This nameless employee has to be somebody important in order for him to get fired though. I doubt he would've lost his job if he slapped some random guy who works backstage.

Come on, Jericho. Get Del Rio on your podcast.

adamclark52
08-08-2014, 09:20 AM
All these shit stories from the last six months (releasing the timekeeper, the situation with the road crew, Del Rio) it makes me want to see the company suffer and go under.

John The Drummer
08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm losing my interest in WWE day after day after with all of this stuff! Del Rio certainly could have handled it better, but he does come off as a bit of a hot head and certainly had the position to react in some form or way. He was always a stale talent, but the person who made the comment should get some sort of punishment for being a dick to someone who obviously doesn't take jokes the best.

Has anyone watched Tommy Dreamer's promotion, House of Hardcore? I was listening to Stone Cold's interview with him and they talked a lot about it, I looked online at his DVDs and there are some GREAT wrestlers in his promotion! Worth checking out?

JRA
08-08-2014, 01:37 PM
I never really noticed a huge change in everything since the Network started up, the releases just felt like business moves... but now... wow, shit is just hitting the fan so hard. It's insane. WWE Network may have been the worst move ever.

Yea its really weird. Especially since everybody I knew that got the Network loved it. At first I was like "shit they did something right for once."

Edit: If that situation with Del Rio was true, he did exactly what he should have.

dcmetal108
08-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm losing my interest in WWE day after day after with all of this stuff! Del Rio certainly could have handled it better, but he does come off as a bit of a hot head and certainly had the position to react in some form or way. He was always a stale talent, but the person who made the comment should get some sort of punishment for being a dick to someone who obviously doesn't take jokes the best.

Has anyone watched Tommy Dreamer's promotion, House of Hardcore? I was listening to Stone Cold's interview with him and they talked a lot about it, I looked online at his DVDs and there are some GREAT wrestlers in his promotion! Worth checking out?

No but I did just see it on that show Impractical Jokers

adamclark52
08-12-2014, 12:44 AM
I think Cena's going to win Sunday.

John The Drummer
08-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Scott Hall looked great last night! I was worried since he's been having a lot of health issues lately, but wow, go him!

adamclark52
08-12-2014, 10:01 AM
How unbearable was the $9.99 shit last night?

XDoomsayerX
08-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Most likely. Then Cena will go on a reign longer than Punks :(

Just saw their match from Backlash 2003 man why cant Cena go back to that. Peeps still cheered him. Good match and at least we will get a good match between Lesnar/Cena at SS.

Also Brie/Stephanie has run its course all the segments involving them felt flat to me lets just end this at SS with Stephanie burying Brie :D

Even though WWE aint that goo right now at least NXT is still awesome and now they signed Kevin Steen! :eek:

NXT is run by HHH(he comes off as a babyface when he appears) and boy does he run it well. Promos straight to the point and always solid wrestling. Now with the talent of Kenta, Prince Devitt, Kevin Steen, Sami Zayn, Justin Gabriel, Adrien Neville, Tyler Breeze, Tyson Kid, Kalisto, Aiden English, Simon Gotch and a woman's division that is coached by Sara Del Rey NXT is where wrestling is at right now.

Also word is Young Bucks might be coming to NXT!

rjturtle9
08-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Even though WWE aint that goo right now at least NXT is still awesome and now they signed Kevin Steen! :eek:

NXT is run by HHH(he comes off as a babyface when he appears) and boy does he run it well. Promos straight to the point and always solid wrestling. Now with the talent of Kenta, Prince Devitt, Kevin Steen, Sami Zayn, Justin Gabriel, Adrien Neville, Tyler Breeze, Tyson Kid, Kalisto, Aiden English, Simon Gotch and a woman's division that is coached by Sara Del Rey NXT is where wrestling is at right now.

Also word is Young Bucks might be coming to NXT!

Don't forget about Solomon Crowe! NXT has a lot of amazing talent coming through with more to come. I just wished WWE would loosen the in ring rules and limitations they put on wrestlers. NXT/WWE has potential to be the best WRESTLING company again.

adamclark52
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Funny!

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/ex-wwe-personality-vents-grievances-hhh/

XDoomsayerX
08-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't forget about Solomon Crowe! NXT has a lot of amazing talent coming through with more to come. I just wished WWE would loosen the in ring rules and limitations they put on wrestlers. NXT/WWE has potential to be the best WRESTLING company again.

True. They should just make the pace a bit quicker and allow more moves to be used. I mean if ya practice them that will make them safer.

Funny!

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/ex-wwe-personality-vents-grievances-hhh/

:lol:

300%_Density
08-13-2014, 01:34 PM
How unbearable was the $9.99 shit last night?

Needs to be killed w/ fire. I don't think TNA would do something that stupid. All I watched was Hogan celebration and I was embarrassed for them. In 2001 when they were at their wrestling (non sports entertainment) pinnacle, they wouldn't have to do dumb shit like this.

John The Drummer
08-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Every time Hogan is on TV you can bet your ass he will say something abuot the Network, and that its only $9.99. He's such a computer.... and his extensions he wears on his bandana look faker than than Imposter Kane's hair!

Sanitarium78
08-14-2014, 09:58 AM

I think there is absolutely no way Cena wins at Summerslam. Lesnar will win the title so the company can use him as a way to sell the network. They will make Brock a network exclusive as champion. He will only wrestle once a month and defend the title at the PPVs. So if you want to see the world champion wrestle, you need to get the network. There is no doubt in my mind this is the way they're going. Also, if Lesnar doesn't win then his win over Taker means nothing and didn't lead to anything.

It might not turn out too bad if they don't have the world champ on Raw every week. If anyone is old enough to remember back in the 80s and early 90s the world champ wasn't on every week. He showed up when he needed to and it was more special because when the champion showed up it was a big deal unlike now where they're on every week. Maybe doing this with Lesnar can make the world title and champion feel like something special which hasn't been the case in the WWE for years now. It's worth a try and if it doesn't increase the subscriptions for the network then they will just give the belt back to Cena and have him on TV every week.

John The Drummer
08-14-2014, 10:01 AM
If the WWE Title isn't going to be on every week, then maybe they can focus more on the IC and US titles.... :lol:, I crack myself up.

JRA
08-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Anyone get the feeling that the reason WWE didn't want to put the title on Bryan was they knew his surgery was coming and felt his title reign would be brought to a screeching halt?

Cos thats pretty much what happened. It's like the only reason Cena/Lesnar II is even happening is because of Bryan's surgery.

Maideneer
08-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Lesnar is gonna win and then...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130507023509/them4gnation/images/7/78/Money_in_the_Bank_Briefcase_3.png

XDoomsayerX
08-14-2014, 10:45 AM
I think there is absolutely no way Cena wins at Summerslam. Lesnar will win the title so the company can use him as a way to sell the network. They will make Brock a network exclusive as champion. He will only wrestle once a month and defend the title at the PPVs. So if you want to see the world champion wrestle, you need to get the network. There is no doubt in my mind this is the way they're going. Also, if Lesnar doesn't win then his win over Taker means nothing and didn't lead to anything.

It might not turn out too bad if they don't have the world champ on Raw every week. If anyone is old enough to remember back in the 80s and early 90s the world champ wasn't on every week. He showed up when he needed to and it was more special because when the champion showed up it was a big deal unlike now where they're on every week. Maybe doing this with Lesnar can make the world title and champion feel like something special which hasn't been the case in the WWE for years now. It's worth a try and if it doesn't increase the subscriptions for the network then they will just give the belt back to Cena and have him on TV every week.

This is quite brilliant. Look st UFC champs dont fight every PPV or whatves no need for Lesnar to show up every show like RAW and Smackdown, just when he thinks someone is worthy to face The Beast at a PPV event. Plus more focus on IC,US, Tag, and divas titles! :eek:

I approve and hope this occurs!

adamclark52
08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
I have zero faith in the WWEs patience on anything. So if they put the title on Brock and if he becomes this "network exclusive champion" when they don't get all the subscribers they think they're going to get (because they won't, they won't get any) the title will be back on Cena by Survivor Series.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea. I remember all those years of watching Superstars hoping to see Hulk Hogan every week and he was NEVER on. Not even a promo. So when I did see him, even if it was a promo for an upcoming match, it was so awesome to see him. But it's a different time now. People don't have the patience. If they don't see the champion they will very quickly move on. The WWE can't have that so I don't blame them.

They're just fucked as a whole these days.

MPF
08-14-2014, 12:53 PM
I was just at Walmart getting my oil changed and when looking around the DVDs I saw that there is a Paul Hayman DVD.

When the fuck did he go bald??? He looks like Drew Carey's Brother on The Drew Carey Show.

adamclark52
08-14-2014, 01:01 PM
I was just at Walmart getting my oil changed and when looking around the DVDs I saw that there is a Paul Hayman DVD.

When the fuck did he go bald??? He looks like Drew Carey's Brother on The Drew Carey Show.

1993, I think.

MPF
08-14-2014, 01:47 PM
1993, I think.

:lol: I meant losing the long hair in the back and the baseball cap.

Sanitarium78
08-14-2014, 02:25 PM
:lol: I meant losing the long hair in the back and the baseball cap.

When he started managing Lesnar back in 2002.

MPF
08-14-2014, 02:39 PM
When he started managing Lesnar back in 2002.

Ah, yeah I gave up around 2000-2001, so that would explain it.

God damn I miss E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!

adamclark52
08-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Actually he still had the ponytail until recently, I think. I just noticed it was gone at Wrestlemania this year.

adamclark52
08-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't know how I missed it all these years but I just stumbled across this site and it seems like a pretty funny place.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/

rjturtle9
08-14-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't know how I missed it all these years but I just stumbled across this site and it seems like a pretty funny place.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/

I read these more than real wrestling news. :D

300%_Density
08-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Foley's ear found w/ Michaels smile might be my favorite headline ever.

"XFL network off to a slow start" coming in a close 2nd.

John The Drummer
08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
So yeah, looks like the "New Nation" was just dropped afterall...

No clue not a part of it, but if I did have a group then I’d use our intelligence as the focus rather than our race #Its2014 @AndrewWolens

— Xavier Woods (@XavierWoodsPhD) August 14, 2014

John The Drummer
08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
On another note, caught a small bit of Impact last night. Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz was the main event, and the Dudley's came out with their attire they used to wear in WWE when Stacy Keibler was with them (the camo). It looked SO AWESOME. I know Bubba/Bully Ray is one of the "higher up" guys in TNA, but that attire just made him seem like a small Tag Team guy again :)

MPF
08-15-2014, 10:37 AM
On another note, caught a small bit of Impact last night. Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz was the main event, and the Dudley's came out with their attire they used to wear in WWE when Stacy Keibler was with them (the camo). It looked SO AWESOME. I know Bubba/Bully Ray is one of the "higher up" guys in TNA, but that attire just made him seem like a small Tag Team guy again :)

I'll be back in a few minutes after I do some...research....yeah, that's it...

XDoomsayerX
08-15-2014, 10:45 AM
So yeah, looks like the "New Nation" was just dropped afterall...

Well that sucks :(

adamclark52
08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
So there's been a lot of talk going on about Hulk Hogan calling John Cena the biggest star in the history of the business. I won't deny that Cena is a big star and will forever be remembered (not always in a good light) but that was clearly the WWE feeding lines to Hogan.

So who are your picks? I'd go with:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. the Rock
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin
4. John Cena
and I'd put Bruno Samartino in there too. I just don't know where because I don't think I've ever seen any of his matches. Maybe I saw one of his later matches on a 1980's WWF DVD but I'm sure he was a shell of himself by then. He may have been at Wrestlemania 2, I can't remember. And I don't really like his style of wrestling either so it's hard for me to rank him. But I know he was important and loved in his time so he should be in the top five.

And remember, this is a list of "biggest star", not "best wrestler" or my personal favorites.

300%_Density
08-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Do you really think Cena would be over Flair or HBK in terms of star power?

adamclark52
08-16-2014, 06:21 AM

In terms of mainstream star power is what I think Hogan was getting at. In the industry he probably still is too.

Sanitarium78
08-16-2014, 07:31 AM

You can have a good debate on who's bigger between Cena and Flair but it's not even a contest when it comes to HBK. Cena blows HBK away when it comes to overall star power both inside and outside the wrestling world. The WWF was at it's worst when HBK was the top guy and when he left the WWF became better than it ever was. HBK never had that much star power and was never a huge draw. Wrestling fans know him but nobody in the mainstream ever did. Even people who know nothing about wrestling know who Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena and Flair are.

adamclark52
08-16-2014, 08:08 AM
You can always gauge it by who your mom knows. My mom knows who Hogan and the Rock are. She may know who Cena and Austin are. She'd have no idea who Flair, HBK and Bruno are. But Bruno was when she was pretty young so it's understandable that she doesn't know him. That's why I have a hard time figuring out his place on the list.

300%_Density
08-16-2014, 08:44 AM
You can make the Flair argument in terms of region. If you are talking the south or Midwest and any other old NWA territories then Flair wins that. But I think if you talk north/northeast and other less populated NWA territories (west) then Flair probably loses.

If you have to base it off the region then to me it's even.

Where would Undertake fit into the discussion?

John The Drummer
08-16-2014, 08:57 AM
I'd throw in Ultimate Warrior, Andre The Giant and Rowdy Roddy Piper to some extent too. Maybe even Macho Man.

John The Drummer
08-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Just watched the IGN Roster Reveal for WWE 2K15, and there were some notable names missing from the roster...

- Kane
- Ryback
- Curtis Axel
- Cody Rhodes/Stardust
- Bad News Barrett
- Bo Dallas (not a huge surprise, but still...)
- Los Matadores

They didn't show "Surfer" Sting either, soooooooo..... *shrug*

adamclark52
08-16-2014, 11:27 AM
You can make the Flair argument in terms of region. If you are talking the south or Midwest and any other old NWA territories then Flair wins that. But I think if you talk north/northeast and other less populated NWA territories (west) then Flair probably loses.

If you have to base it off the region then to me it's even.

Where would Undertake fit into the discussion?

Again, I think Hogan was talking mainstream popularity as well as industry. In the industry the Undertaker would be top ten. In mainstream he's virtually unknown.

I'd throw in Ultimate Warrior, Andre The Giant and Rowdy Roddy Piper to some extent too. Maybe even Macho Man.

My mom has a better chance of knowing those four than Cena or Austin. So they're a good debate. I wouldn't put them above Hogan and the Rock. And if you put marketability in the equation I don't think they're even top ten.

Just watched the IGN Roster Reveal for WWE 2K15, and there were some notable names missing from the roster...

- Kane
- Ryback
- Curtis Axel
- Cody Rhodes/Stardust
- Bad News Barrett
- Bo Dallas (not a huge surprise, but still...)
- Los Matadores

Really, no Kane? That's...odd.

JRA
08-16-2014, 11:36 AM
. Maybe even Macho Man.

Maybe even? I'd say the only wrestlers WITH bigger starpower than him were Hogan, Rock & Austin.

I also call bullshit on Flair being a megastar.

Sanitarium78
08-16-2014, 11:58 AM

- Kane
- Ryback
- Curtis Axel
- Cody Rhodes
- Bad News Barrett

Those guys are all in it.

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster

adamclark52
08-16-2014, 11:59 AM
The only problem with Macho Man was he didn't have that lasting legacy. Or a really long legacy either. We all remember him but a lot of people forgot about him until he died and have since forgotten about him a second time.

adamclark52
08-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I just called Rogers Cable because my promised free preview of the WWE Network wasn't working. Turns out there is no free preview...and I didn't even care to ask how much it cost. Sorry Vince, looks like you're going to have to release another Sin Cara.

John The Drummer
08-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Those guys are all in it.

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/roster

I found that right after posting, but didn't feel like updating :lol:. Hopefully we'll see more NXT guys in it, but I highly doubt it.

Christen
08-17-2014, 12:05 AM
I found that right after posting, but didn't feel like updating :lol:. Hopefully we'll see more NXT guys in it, but I highly doubt it.

There's going to be a mode on the next gen systems where you build up a CAW through the ranks so having some guys from NXT in the game makes sense.

mankvill
08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
lMYh_ylHMDs

aGHobpHvkVM

rjturtle9
08-17-2014, 10:11 AM
You guys ever play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns? I just got it and it's awesome. Highly recommend downloading it from the Playstation Store or whatever it's called.

Christen
08-17-2014, 12:30 PM
You guys ever play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns? I just got it and it's awesome. Highly recommend downloading it from the Playstation Store or whatever it's called.

It's a great game with a huge roster but the learning curve is crazy.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 05:14 PM
That Lumberjack match was really good. But if it had of happed ten years ago, when the WWE allowed blood, it would have been off the hook.

John The Drummer
08-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm looking at live results.... sooooo.... Rusev vs Swagger wasn't actually a FLAG match as everyone (even JBL) thought..... that's fucking stupid.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm looking at live results.... sooooo.... Rusev vs Swagger wasn't actually a FLAG match as everyone (even JBL) thought..... that's fucking stupid.

Yeah. What is a "flag match" even? Like Capture the Flag? Or one of those old Russo ______ on a Pole matches where you have to jump onto the turnbuckle and grab a flag? It actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was hot. So was Lana. I was expecting Hogan to come out and stop the festivities afterwards. But they already brought him out at the beginning of the show to shill the Network.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 06:21 PM
That was a pretty sweet counter to the Spear by Randy Orton.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 06:36 PM
If Leanar had won with that first F-5 thirty seconds in it would have renewed my faith in the WWE.

John The Drummer
08-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah. What is a "flag match" even? Like Capture the Flag? Or one of those old Russo ______ on a Pole matches where you have to jump onto the turnbuckle and grab a flag? It actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was hot. So was Lana. I was expecting Hogan to come out and stop the festivities afterwards. But they already brought him out at the beginning of the show to shill the Network.

It's a match where there are two flags, one on one turnbuckle, the other on the one across. Goal is to get YOUR flag. Like a "Blank on a Pole Match". There have been quite a few, but they haven't done one for years, think the last was Hunico (Sin Cara) vs Ted DiBiase. That would have been way more interesting, IMO.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 06:52 PM
That was a thing of beauty. That is what a fan like me who's become so far disconnected from the WWE needs to see. He just took everything since Wrestlemania 21 and suplexed it sixteen times.

Sanitarium78
08-17-2014, 07:20 PM
That was a very good show except for Orton and Reigns. I know there's all these rumors about Reigns becoming the next face of the company but I just don't see it. He did absolutely nothing tonight to convince me that he's even remotely ready for that. Orton carried him to an average match. Reigns might be ready in two or three years but not now. If they trust him into the main event by next wrestlemania like the reports say, it will fail and he will end up the modern day version of Lex Luger instead of the new John Cena.

They need to format every PPV like this one going forward. There was no bullshit between matches and the whole card just went from one match to the next. Hopefully this continues, we need more action and less talk and that's exactly what we got tonight.

I'm not surprised Lesnar won but I am surprised they had him kill Cena the way he did. It actually made sense while I was watching it though. They want him to be this dominate champion, so taking out Cena like that will get people to buy that. It was a nice and refreshing to see Cena get his ass handed to him like that after all these years of him dominating the company and never losing. The issue they have now is that there is no one on the roster that can beat Lesnar. After beating Taker and mania and destroying Cena tonight, the fans won't buy anyone beating Lesnar for the title. He'll have to get stripped of it in order to lose it. I see Lesnar's title reign lasting for a long time, possibly a year or more.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I thought it was the greatest thing I've seen in years. After watching so many pay per views and leaving disappointed to finally see that. He wasn't just manhandling John Cena. He was manhandling "Sports Entertainment" and the shit the WWE has become. He was throwing the last ten years around the ring and showing it who was boss.

But you're right, how can ANYONE beat him? It was almost too much of a beat-down. Having the finish after that first F-5 may have been better. But, after Summerslam 2002 we all asked how anyone could beat him. And the only way anyone did was by Heyman turning on him. Which I can't see happening.

I do love Brock Lesnar. It's too bad he has such a rotten attitude. He could be in my top five. But maybe it's that terrible attitude that makes me love him even more.

The rest of the show was very, very good.

the Miz verses Dolph Ziggler was a good opener that could have gone on a lot longer. I know you hate him but I really love Ziggler. But in the place that he's in. A good guy who you can always depend on.

AJ verses Paige was a good match. I really don't like AJ at all but it was a better Divas match than others I've seen.

The Flag Match had a good, hot crowd so that made it more fun for me. And since I'm not American I was glad Russev won. I can't buy Swagger as a face, ever.

The Lumberjack Match was insane. But I thought it could have been much more. Blood and weapons could've made it off the hook. If they have a No Holds Barred or Hell in the Cell match between the two I'd probably watch the pay per view just for that. And I marked hard when Goldust got in Kane's face. I've given Goldust shit in the past but it was good to see a wiley veteran get in his face rather than a bozo like Kofi. For some reason though I got very sad seeing Rob Van Dam standing on the outside. There were other guys there that are great wresters that I would've rather seen in matches but just seeing him standing there with everyone...I don't know I felt sad.

Jericho verses Bray Wyatt I can't even really remember.

Stephanie verses Brie Bella was better than I expected. Both of them make me vomit in my mouth (for different reasons) but it was nice to see them both get the shit kicked out of them. If you looked up "shit adamclark52 could care a less about" on the internet you'd see the swerve at the end though. I fucking hate the Bellas.

Randy verses Reigns was not good. I still think Orton is good in this role as an upper midcarded. But I think the sheen is starting to wear off on Roman Reigns.

I've said my piece on the main event. My enjoyment and lasting impression of the whole event hinged on it and I left happy. Had Cena won I probably would've just been disappointed, since I don't care any more. And there was never a moment in the match that I wasn't thinking he wouldn't still pull it off. But it was one of the best things I've seen in a WWE ring in a long time. My hands were actually sore from clapping so damn hard at the end. I haven't been that invested in wrestling since One Night Stand 2005.

The only thing I can say I didn't like was Hogan at the beginning. I just thought that was sad. That they've got one of the all-time greats on their payroll again and all they have him do is shill the Network everywhere he goes.

I'll give it a four out of five...or maybe a three point five...somewhere in that neighborhood.

Christen
08-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Man, there is nothing worse than a kid with a high pitched voice sitting right next to the camera yelling "Let's go Cena!" the entire time. Other than that SummerSlam was a very fun show and probably the best so far this year.

300%_Density
08-18-2014, 05:30 AM
I think you guys have encouraged me to check this out. I like hearing how Lesnar/Cena went down.

Maideneer
08-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Man, there is nothing worse than a kid with a high pitched voice sitting right next to the camera yelling "Let's go Cena!" the entire time.

I was saying that the entire time! Driving me nuts!

Sanitarium78
08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
So, Cena gets his rematch at night of champions and we all know Brock will win that. But who challenges Brock after that? I'm guessing they'll throw some of the big guys at him like Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane and Batista. Maybe Sheamus or Cesaro will have a shot at him to. These are the only guys on the roster that can match up well physically with Brock and make the matches come off as legit heavyweight title fights. Though they do have a lot of work to do with Cesaro if they were to have him challenge Brock. Losing to RVD on the summerslam pre-show does not make someone look like a threat to anything in 2014.

There's just no way Reigns takes the title from Brock at wrestlemania next year. Brock may end up retiring as champion. That's the only acceptable way to get the title off him because nobody on the roster right now can beat the Lesnar we saw last night.

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 07:30 AM
A few things I wanna say...

- Reigns is great, but has such a long way to go. D-Bry had a good solid month or two where they could have done so much with him, and missed it. It seems they'er trying to make that up with Reigns.

- Stop burying Cesaro..... unless they are trying to give him one of those generic "I keep losing blah blah time for a change" storylines.

- I HATE the rematch "claus". It really slows down the company from allowing new challengers/rivalries to start right away. Oh I lost the title, well I'll just fight you tomorrow on RAW and win it back.

adamclark52
08-18-2014, 07:54 AM
I'd say retiring as champion is the best option. Or maybe a big six man match where all five of the other guys swarm him, take him out and then go after each other. There is no one that can come off believable after last night. In hin site last night was probably a bit too overboard. But damn it was sweet.

Cesaro could play the ex-Heyman guy card. But he's just not a believable guy now. Maybe in April-June of this year.

You're spot on about all those big guys but those would make for some pathetic matches.

Any of the Shield members, no way.

I legitimately don't think Daniel Bryan should be in a ring with him. Some of those suplexes were fucking stiff.

Some veteran would just suck.

Batista?

And there's still Cena. He is going to be a seventeen time champion sooner than later.

Yeah, they may have fucked themselves with that domination last night. But I don't care because I don't need to watch anymore. Last night I saw what I've wanted to see for years.

And it is pro-wrestling. They could just book him to look weak and have him lose to anybody. It's not like they haven't pissed us off before.

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 11:26 AM
I can't wait to see the ass kicking that Cena got sometime :D. Sounds so awesome.

In an unrelated note, everyone who is a fan of Jericho's podcast, download his interview with Cody Rhodes & Goldust, its great.

Now back to Summerslam...
It sounds ilke the lumberjack match went far above and beyond everyones expectations.

Christen
08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Could be a bit far-fetched however I would like to see Angle vs. Lesnar. With all the rumors going around that Kurt Angle wants to end his career in WWE when his TNA deal is up it would make sense to have a match with his old rival and I think most people would be okay if Angle won the belt.

adamclark52
08-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Could be a bit far-fetched however I would like to see Angle vs. Lesnar. With all the rumors going around that Kurt Angle wants to end his career in WWE when his TNA deal is up it would make sense to have a match with his old rival and I think most people would be okay if Angle won the belt.

My problem with Angle facing him is the same problem I have with Daniel Bryan facing him. He's too rough. I'd be afraid that he'd break one of their fragile necks.

I can't wait to see the ass kicking that Cena got sometime :D. Sounds so awesome.

In an unrelated note, everyone who is a fan of Jericho's podcast, download his interview with Cody Rhodes & Goldust, its great.

Now back to Summerslam...
It sounds ilke the lumberjack match went far above and beyond everyones expectations.

It was very good. It could have been more if it wasn't held back by PG bullshit. But I really enjoyed them. I'd like to see them in a Falls Count Anywhere or Hell in a Cell match.

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 12:57 PM

Angle vs Lesnar again would be awesome, but it'd force Lesnar to hold back and not be TOO rough. They had an amazing match at WMXIX, and maybe it'd give Lesnar another chance to actually nail that SHooting Star Press :D

Maideneer
08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Can I just say that Dean Ambrose is fecking gifted? Man oh man the guy is so freaking top notch in ability its frightening. He has the look, the feel, charisma, charm, mic skills, quick wit, good in ring ability, mannerisms, all of it. What a star.

John The Drummer
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Can I just say that Dean Ambrose is fecking gifted? Man oh man the guy is so freaking top notch in ability its frightening. He has the look, the feel, charisma, charm, mic skills, quick wit, good in ring ability, mannerisms, all of it. What a star.

Its sad he doesn't have the Macho McMahon look that WWE likes to have as their face of the company. I missed the match last night, fell asleep early, but sounds amazing. It's no wonder WWE is hiring so many of the Indy Scene big wigs, they put on AMAZING matches.

On a different note, with the new logo in place, and new titles needing to be made to support said logo, maybe we'll get some new tag team titles that don't look like giant pennies.

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
So Bubba Ray is done with TNA now. It'd be cool to see him and Devon make one final run WWE, or just come back and be inducted in the hall of fame.

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 08:56 AM
So Bubba Ray is done with TNA now. It'd be cool to see him and Devon make one final run WWE, or just come back and be inducted in the hall of fame.

His leaving TNA is a HUGE blow to them. He was pretty much their biggest star and he was going in to their Hall of Fame in October.

On a related note, Dixie sent out a press releae yesterday that said they've swung a deal to stay on Spike through the end of December. And she spelled every word right!

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 09:51 AM
His leaving TNA is a HUGE blow to them. He was pretty much their biggest star and he was going in to their Hall of Fame in October.

On a related note, Dixie sent out a press releae yesterday that said they've swung a deal to stay on Spike through the end of December. And she spelled every word right!

I'm glad their getting a deal to last til the end of the year. It'll give them time to get their shit together and prove themselves to Spike that they can bring it. They need to solidify THEIR wrestlers. The ones they've had and grown in their own territory and stop relying on ex-WWE guys. I know a lot of guys from ROH, indies, Japan, Mexico are there now, but TNA has molded them a bit into their own style there.

Losing Bully/Bubba will definitely make a big dent in them, but luckily they have episodes filmed for a good month now, so they'll be able to HOPEFULLY build up now with their down time they have.

But like I said previously, they need to focus on their guys, their tag division, the X Division, the stuff they specialize in.

- Bobby Roode
- James Storm
- Sanada
- The Wolves
- Austin Aries
- Samoa Joe
- The Jersey Shore Guys
- EC3

And a few others, if they put their time and effort into building them as their own then they can make it.

rjturtle9
08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Its sad he doesn't have the Macho McMahon look that WWE likes to have as their face of the company. I missed the match last night, fell asleep early, but sounds amazing. It's no wonder WWE is hiring so many of the Indy Scene big wigs, they put on AMAZING matches.

On a different note, with the new logo in place, and new titles needing to be made to support said logo, maybe we'll get some new tag team titles that don't look like giant pennies.

This. All of this! I hate the tag titles so much.

John The Drummer
08-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Apparently ODB is done with TNA as well. She hasn't been on TV since April, and I forgot all about her, but its a bummer since she was there when the Knockout division took off and was different from all the other female wrestlers, and kicked ass :rocker:

adamclark52
08-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Apparently ODB is done with TNA as well. She hasn't been on TV since April, and I forgot all about her, but its a bummer since she was there when the Knockout division took off and was different from all the other female wrestlers, and kicked ass :rocker:

I find her strangely attractive. Like one of your moms drunken friends. Did you know she was with the WWE for a while, back in the OVW days.

XDoomsayerX
08-24-2014, 12:06 PM
What I saw from SS I dug.

Lumberjack match was fun, Stephanie won :D, Orton's shoulders must've been dead cuz he carried Reigns(worst that Cena in terms of wrestling) and Lesnar destroyed Cena! :cool:

Rollins vs Ambrose on Raw was amazing. Def one of the best matches this year cannot wait til they look up in Hell in a Cell! :eek:

Sanitarium78
08-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Orton's shoulders must've been dead cuz he carried Reigns(worst that Cena in terms of wrestling) and Lesnar destroyed Cena! :cool:

Agreed on Orton carrying Reigns. I've read good reviews of that match and i'm not sure what the hell those people were watching? Reigns has got a long way to go as an in ring performer and I find it hard to believe that he will be ready by next wrestlemania to be the face of the company and beat Lesnar like all the online rumors say. Even Cena did a year or so in the midcard as US champ before he became the guy. Reigns could benefit from a long US or IC title run first so he can learn how to work before he becomes the champ and is the next face of the company.

Reigns has the look, charisma and bad ass swagger but his ring work is just not there yet and I don't think he'll be ready to believably beat the Brock Lesnar we saw at Summerslam by next wrestlemania. My prediction is that Reigns ends up being the modern day version of Lex Luger. That's not a bad thing but just like Lex he has almost everything needed to be the guy but for whatever reason he can't quite get there.

adamclark52
08-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Agreed on Orton carrying Reigns. I've read good reviews of that match and i'm not sure what the hell those people were watching? Reigns has got a long way to go as an in ring performer and I find it hard to believe that he will be ready by next wrestlemania to be the face of the company and beat Lesnar like all the online rumors say. Even Cena did a year or so in the midcard as US champ before he became the guy. Reigns could benefit from a long US or IC title run first so he can learn how to work before he becomes the champ and is the next face of the company.

Reigns has the look, charisma and bad ass swagger but his ring work is just not there yet and I don't think he'll be ready to believably beat the Brock Lesnar we saw at Summerslam by next wrestlemania. My prediction is that Reigns ends up being the modern day version of Lex Luger. That's not a bad thing but just like Lex he has almost everything needed to be the guy but for whatever reason he can't quite get there.

It's just a case of striking while the iron is hot. But by Wrestlemania I think his luster will have worn off.

As for the match. It probably was pretty good but it had to follow the Steph/Brie match (which was entertaining) and it had to go on before Brock. I think by that point of the pay per view people were just waiting to see what happened in that match. And what a payoff. I haven't even bought Wrestlemania XXX yet (or Wrestlemania XXIX for that matter) but I'm getting Summerslam on bluray the day it comes out.

And why is the WWE being such dicks with letting Rey Mysterio go? Does the guy really have anything else to offer them? Does he even have anything to offer any other company? The guy is a wreck, a liability, a walking injury waiting to happen and most importantly: a shell of his former self. I just don't get it.

John The Drummer
08-25-2014, 12:11 PM
According to Syfy’s programming calendar on its official website, WWE Smackdown is being listed on Thursday nights beginning on October 2nd.

WWE Smackdown will precede “Haven,” which stars WWE Hall of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland.

Smackdown debuted in 1999 as a Thursday night series but was moved to Fridays in 2005.

WWE has been willing to move the series to another night for quite some time now, and has even discussed broadcasting the series live on Tuesdays during their most recent TV negotiations.

I used to love watching Smackdown, it just fit with Thursday nights, but when they moved it to Fridays (which I cannot belive was almost 10 years ago.... thats unbelievable) I stopped. I would always be out with friends or at concerts or whatever on Fridays, so I could never keep up with it, so I think this is great its moving back to Thursdays. I probably still won't watch it :lol: , but it'll be much easier!

XDoomsayerX
08-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I used to love watching Smackdown, it just fit with Thursday nights, but when they moved it to Fridays (which I cannot belive was almost 10 years ago.... thats unbelievable) I stopped. I would always be out with friends or at concerts or whatever on Fridays, so I could never keep up with it, so I think this is great its moving back to Thursdays. I probably still won't watch it :lol: , but it'll be much easier!

Pretty much this. If Smackdown was live it give me more reason to watch usually I read spoilers and see whats worth watching.

Christen
08-25-2014, 10:51 PM

I remember back in like 2002 when the brand extension started I preferred watching Smackdown over RAW. These days I can't even bring myself to watch SD unless I'm bored silly.

mankvill
08-26-2014, 10:24 AM
http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/08/26/the-university-of-kansas-is-studying-the-motivations-of-wwe-fans

adamclark52
08-26-2014, 12:35 PM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/news-tna-moving-major-changes-make/

So in closing...it would be good then?

Maideneer
08-26-2014, 04:57 PM
RVD leaving again this week and now so is Ryback.

MPF
08-26-2014, 06:04 PM
I still say TNA should have moved to TruTV. It's a perfect match.

Christen
08-26-2014, 07:12 PM

RVD isn't really surprising but Ryback is really out of left field.

John The Drummer
08-26-2014, 07:50 PM

Ryback got injured, he's not leaving anywhere.

Maideneer
08-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Oh ok. His last tweet said he was going away for a while...and then he proceeded to delete every tweet he ever made.

adamclark52
08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Ryback doesn't seem to bright. Maybe 2013 finally hit him.

dcmetal108
08-26-2014, 10:56 PM
WWE might finally be realizing no one cares about Ryback or Axel and they'll both be leaving.

RVD isn't a surprise, he's only signed part time.

adamclark52
08-27-2014, 12:33 AM
I smell a repackage-depackage

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/198/776/skip_sheffield_display_image.jpg?1271275479

"ahhhh yeah, good cracker"

John The Drummer
08-27-2014, 08:10 AM
:lol: ! Please no!

Did any of you guys watch RAW a week or two ago when they were in Ryback's hometown? The crowd was so hot for him, it wasn't even funny.

adamclark52
08-27-2014, 08:25 AM
I did not, but I can't believe the guy has been with the WWE (on and off) for almost ten years!

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/raw-rating-drops-3-0-rollins-vs-cena-advertised-khali/

And I hope that doesn't make them think something retarded like they need to put the belt back on Cena already. I'm probably going to sign up for the Network this weekend BECAUSE OF LESNAR. Summerslam reinvigorated me and I think I'm going to go to pay per views just to watch him. They're twenty dollars at theatres here and the Network is twelve dollars in Canada. So I won't watch it probably aside from the pay per views but it makes sense economically.

How has the "$9.99" crap been the last few weeks? When I was watching Summerslam it seemed like it was a little bit of a joke with everyone...except Hogan.

John The Drummer
08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
How has the "$9.99" crap been the last few weeks? When I was watching Summerslam it seemed like it was a little bit of a joke with everyone...except Hogan.

I haven't watched a whole lot of wrasslin lately, just turn it on here and there, but they are definitely making a joke out of $9.99, especially when Triply H is on. :lol:

XDoomsayerX
08-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Raw was beyond bad this week.

That Bellas segment :barf:

The burial of the Wyatts from SuperCena, dude FU'ed everyone. :tp:

And the Smackdown spoilers show further burial of the Wyatts by losing to Reigns, Fayshow, and Henry. :tp:

Rusev vs Swag has been overkill now as well.

Only plus side is the Rhodes going heel.

Sad cuz last week had a great Raw.

Also oddly enough TNA has had some solid wrasslin on their show.

John The Drummer
08-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Rusev vs Swag needs to not happen every week. The Rock and Austin didn't fight every week, maybe in tag matches, and look how classic their rivalry was! Less is more, but WWE doesn' understand that.

I read an article on WWE 2k15, sounds like they're FINALLY going to have good looking hair that doesn't look like its stuck in position with gorilla glue... I always hated that, the hair just sticks out or very stiffly falls when trying to show "dynamic" to it... yay!

On introducing new ‘beard tech’ to get facial hair correct:

“Scanning doesn’t do beards or hair well, so for guys like Daniel Bryan, we needed to use this new beard tech to get him just right,” explains Little. “There is this specific code of technology that we use to get the beards just right, and no beard is alike. Daniel Bryan’s is more open and scraggily, where if you look at a guy like Mark Henry, he has a big beard, but it’s thick and solid. We had to create technology to be able to capture both in a way that not only looked great still, but animated.”

Sanitarium78
08-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Here's a few things that have been pissing me off when it comes to the internet wrestling fans.

It seems a lot of them don't know what "getting buried" means. The Wyatts are not buried, Damien Sandow is not buried. They are jobbing and getting squashed but not buried. A burial is what they did to Zack Ryder a few years ago. He got the US title for a few weeks then lost it and got into that storyline with Cena, Kane and Eve and was made to look like a complete idiot then he was taken off TV to rarely be seen again. That's how you bury somebody in wrestling. The Wyatts are still on TV every week so they are currently not buried, they're just being booked badly. If Vince and company wanted to bury The Wyatts and Sandow they would no longer appear TV.

Internet fans need to stop referring to themselves or others as "marks" for someone. You don't tell people you're a mark for your favorite band, you say that you're a fan. The same goes for wrestling, you're a fan not a fucking mark. The word is stupid and it annoys me to no end when wrestling fans think they're being cool by calling themselves or other fans a "mark" for someone.

adamclark52
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/jake-snake-roberts-reportedly-unconscious-vegas-hospital/

John The Drummer
08-28-2014, 01:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake
Those were 3 of my most favorites back in the day when my brother introduced me. I hope everything is ok with Jake :( .

Sanitarium78
08-28-2014, 01:53 PM
That's not good if Jake's been unconscious for two day and has double pneumonia. He was finally getting healthy to, hopefully he'll pull through. Easily one of the greatest promo guys ever and one of the best characters of all time.

John The Drummer
08-28-2014, 02:06 PM
That's not good if Jake's been unconscious for two day and has double pneumonia. He was finally getting healthy to, hopefully he'll pull through. Easily one of the greatest promo guys ever and one of the best characters of all time.

I was just listening to an interview him and DDP did on Talk is Jericho last week, he sounded really good, was so nice to hear that he has improved. Hopefully it'll just be similar to what happened to Scott Hall when he was layed out for a while recently and just his body negatively reacting to everything being out of his system.... :(

Either way, wishing him the best.

Maideneer
08-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Just in from DDP:

Just spoke to JakeSnakeDDT 's girlfriend, Jake is now conscious but still fading in and out. Please keep the prayers coming.

adamclark52
08-28-2014, 11:21 PM
The double pneumonia is brutal enough but the "mass on the brain" just can't be good.

adamclark52
08-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Here's an update on those cryptic Ryback tweets.

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/video-ryback-cuts-promo-fans-hospital-bed/

John The Drummer
08-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Here's an update on those cryptic Ryback tweets.

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/08/video-ryback-cuts-promo-fans-hospital-bed/

Poor Ryback :(
I was never big on him, but he was a goof and just a fun powerhouse character. It'd be nice to see him be similar to Brock Lesnar at some point, but I just rmember how green (sloppy) he was when he first started. DUde just sounds like hes in so much pain.

John The Drummer
08-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Apparently R-Truth has been working injured as well. Maybe that's why they have been on and off about that whole "Nation 2.0" thing.

EDIT: Oops, guess he was never a part of the 3 guys they had put together, but oh well, I'm sure at one point or another they woulda recrouted him.

rjturtle9
08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
So yeah I needs post this in the right thread. What I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/tickets/2014BOLA.html

adamclark52
08-29-2014, 05:46 PM
So yeah I needs post this in the right thread. What I'm doing this weekend.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/tickets/2014BOLA.html

Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) is already allowed to compete outside of the WWE?

rjturtle9
08-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) is already allowed to compete outside of the WWE?

Yep. Curt Hawkins too. He's that dude wrestling AJ Styles.

adamclark52
08-29-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm sure he's a great wrestler but I heard an interview with Micheal Elgin last week on the radio and he sounded like the most un-fun person in the world.

So says the second most un-fun person in the world.

Looks like a good weekend, have fun!

John The Drummer
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe

THAT would be a match :)

XDoomsayerX
09-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Heard Raw was ass last night night again.

Anyhow Miz has been the most entertaining since his Awesome Truth run, saw that Damien Sandow as his stunt double last night, genius. :lol:

Sandow as he rips his pants off, "ACTION!" I died.

Perfect way to use Sandow with his current gimmick right now.

Also I was thinking talent like Ryder should be on NXT ya know like how Kid went down there to rejuvenate his career.

John The Drummer
09-02-2014, 11:55 AM
I feel bad for Ryder. I was listening to his interview on Talk Is Jericho and I could tell that he was pretty bitter about not being used lately, even if he didn't want to just come out and say it.

There was some stupid "report" on Wrestlezone trying to stir up conversation on why Rusev squashed Ryder in their match last night and saying "OH ITS FROM TWITTER POSTS ITS WWE'S WAY OF GETTIGN BACK!!!" .... they've been throwing Ryder out as snack food for everyone they're trying to put over for the last 2-3 years, its no differnet :lol:

I only watched RAW a small bit last night and thought it was terrible, so I put Breaking Bad in instead and had a great night :D . That whole "Growing Up Bella" segments they were having were SO FUCKING STUPID! I think I'm done with wrestling and will just go back to reading the results to see if its worth watching or not.

adamclark52
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
I was home last night and I had zero desire to watch Raw. I really only want to see Brock. I hate the Bellas and the homepage at WWE.com with Stephanie going nose-to-nose with AJ just made me laugh.

I was on the fence this weekend about getting the Network but I bailed. Like I said before: Rogers in Canada is brutal. Brutal product, brutal service, brutal everything. So this passed weekend my boys favorite channel (Treehouse) went out inexplicably all weekend. It struck me the same thing would probably happen to the WWE Network just as the countdown hit 0:01 for number thirty at the next Royal Rumble. So I said Fuck it. I'd rather pay a bit more to watch it in theaters with fifty other people than give Rogers more money.

John The Drummer
09-02-2014, 02:26 PM
WWE is now selling a “$9.99″ t-shirt on their official WWE Shop website. It’s a black shirt with “$9.99″ written on the front, and the WWE Network logo on the back. There are also women’s and kid’s versions available, and the price is – you guessed it – just $9.99 (plus shipping and handling).

:lol: If their shipping and handling rates weren't so high I would totally snag one!

Christen
09-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I was home last night and I had zero desire to watch Raw. I really only want to see Brock. I hate the Bellas and the homepage at WWE.com with Stephanie going nose-to-nose with AJ just made me laugh.

I was on the fence this weekend about getting the Network but I bailed. Like I said before: Rogers in Canada is brutal. Brutal product, brutal service, brutal everything. So this passed weekend my boys favorite channel (Treehouse) went out inexplicably all weekend. It struck me the same thing would probably happen to the WWE Network just as the countdown hit 0:01 for number thirty at the next Royal Rumble. So I said Fuck it. I'd rather pay a bit more to watch it in theaters with fifty other people than give Rogers more money.

I've been using a VPN service to access the Network online. Using it with a PS3 is great. It's a shame that the only way to access it in Canada is with Rogers. Like you said, they're a terrible company.

John The Drummer
09-04-2014, 11:16 AM
I cannot believe that Jerry Springer is going to be on RAW next week..... I jsut cannot believe.... </3

MPF
09-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I cannot believe that Jerry Springer is going to be on RAW next week..... I jsut cannot believe.... </3

I'm surprised it didn't happen during the "Attitude" era of WWF, honestly.

Now it seems sad.

adamclark52
09-04-2014, 11:29 AM

That right there is why I don't watch anymore.

I've heard this Bellas angle has been brutal too.

Sanitarium78
09-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Vince Russo has written an open letter to the McMahon family:

"Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,

First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I'm Italian, I'm emotional, I'm sorry I get that way sometimes. Come to think of it, you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW. I really do. Having been there and done that, I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week – let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: "Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don't think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night's show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week's show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?

I don't know what it is. I don't know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn't be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you're currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it's also unfair.

Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I'm asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I've just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that's not the answer. I don't think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don't believe that for a second.

Right now, you have an UNBELIEVABLE talent roster, up and down from first match to main event, but the writing and producing of the show is just not serving them justice. You have to know that. What happened to the work ethic and the commitment that we all shared during the Attitude Era? What happened to that passion, when we literally used to leave our own BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS on the script that we wrote. If something didn't exceed our expectations we were sick over it for days—I know I was.

Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, YES we will always be here no matter what. We support you, and we support the WWE, but the truth is . . . we deserve better. And, deep down inside I know that you know that.

With 1,000% sincerity.

Peace,

Your Former Head Writer

Vince Russo"

Whatever your opinion on Russo is, he's dead on with this letter. I doubt this will change anything though. This weeks Raw was awful and last weeks wasn't much better. These last two shows are really killing the momentum and buzz they had coming off Summerslam which was the best PPV they've put on since Money In The Bank 2011. I know they've got a couple big matches for next weeks Raw but they really need to turn things around now with football season starting up. If they keep putting on Raw's like they have the last two weeks, they'll take a bigger hit in the rating's then monday night football and the new fall shows usually take on it.

John The Drummer
09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Wrestling, WWE/F in particular, has alwasy been a bit of a soap opera, but the last 2-3 weeks have been full on "I'M NOT THE DADDY!!!" quality, and it sucks. Its like they don't know who to aim at anymore, kids or, erm, soap opera fans. Can we just get wrestlign with interesting storylines like we did in the late 90s/early 2000s, and if you're going to have drama and soap quality, then at least add some humor!!!!!!

adamclark52
09-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Vince Russo has written an open letter to the McMahon family:

"Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,

First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I'm Italian, I'm emotional, I'm sorry I get that way sometimes. Come to think of it, you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW. I really do. Having been there and done that, I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week – let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: "Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don't think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night's show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week's show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?

I don't know what it is. I don't know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn't be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you're currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it's also unfair.

Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I'm asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I've just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that's not the answer. I don't think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don't believe that for a second.

Right now, you have an UNBELIEVABLE talent roster, up and down from first match to main event, but the writing and producing of the show is just not serving them justice. You have to know that. What happened to the work ethic and the commitment that we all shared during the Attitude Era? What happened to that passion, when we literally used to leave our own BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS on the script that we wrote. If something didn't exceed our expectations we were sick over it for days—I know I was.

Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, YES we will always be here no matter what. We support you, and we support the WWE, but the truth is . . . we deserve better. And, deep down inside I know that you know that.

With 1,000% sincerity.

Peace,

Your Former Head Writer

Vince Russo"

Whatever your opinion on Russo is, he's dead on with this letter. I doubt this will change anything though. This weeks Raw was awful and last weeks wasn't much better. These last two shows are really killing the momentum and buzz they had coming off Summerslam which was the best PPV they've put on since Money In The Bank 2011. I know they've got a couple big matches for next weeks Raw but they really need to turn things around now with football season starting up. If they keep putting on Raw's like they have the last two weeks, they'll take a bigger hit in the rating's then monday night football and the new fall shows usually take on it.

That is a pretty scathing letter. It's too bad Vince Russo has dragged his name through the mud so much. It could have meant something.

And John, you do know that the last few years they've specifically only hired "TV writers" not "wrestling writers". I remember an interview with someone (a WWW personality) earlier this year who said that some of the writers they have back there have never watched WWE and don't even know who a lot of the wrestlers are.

John The Drummer
09-05-2014, 10:05 AM
That is a pretty scathing letter. It's too bad Vince Russo has dragged his name through the mud so much. It could have meant something.

And John, you do know that the last few years they've specifically only hired "TV writers" not "wrestling writers". I remember an interview with someone (a WWW personality) earlier this year who said that some of the writers they have back there have never watched WWE and don't even know who a lot of the wrestlers are.

Oh yeah, I forgot abouty that :flame:

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Y'all should watch NXT. It's the best thing going on WWE wise. It's only an hour and they focus on wrestling.

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/

That's where I watch it. Make sure to check out Takeover next week Kenta makes his in ring debut! :eek:

John The Drummer
09-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Y'all should watch NXT. It's the best thing going on WWE wise. It's only an hour and they focus on wrestling.

http://watchwrestling.ch/home/

That's where I watch it. Make sure to check out Takeover next week Kenta makes his in ring debut! :eek:

Is he? I just checked out the card and didn't see his name on it at all...

When he does finally make his debut I sure hope they don't "WWE" his first match, ie, squash match against Zack Ryder, Fandango, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, etc etc etc etc.

Sanitarium78
09-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Is he? I just checked out the card and didn't see his name on it at all...

When he does finally make his debut I sure hope they don't "WWE" his first match, ie, squash match against Zack Ryder, Fandango, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, etc etc etc etc.

That's exactly how they'll debut him and that's the best way to do it. By squashing some jobbers for a few weeks, it will give him some easy wins to start and fans will get to know him and what he's like in the ring. The wrestling world still needs jobbers because they help the performers the company wants to push look good.

John The Drummer
09-05-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't mind the newcomers going over in a bunch of matches in a row at all, its great, but when they are squash matches its like "Jeeze, might as well could have just had them fight them self...". That's what they've been doing with every new comer. Let them put on a decent match, something longer than 2 minutes.

BloodoftheKings
09-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't mind if KENTA beats down jobbers for a little while because knowing NXT it won't last very long.

Bull Dempsey, NXT's new monster heel who debuted just a little over a month ago, already has a real feud going into the live special. I doubt they would dick around having KENTA work nothing but squash matches for months on end.

adamclark52
09-07-2014, 11:19 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

watch?v=io7J6vfPiCU

I don't know what to say. I don't even eat seafood...but I will now.

:bowdown:

THANK YOU BASED SNITZKY!

John The Drummer
09-08-2014, 06:45 AM
:lol: Dammit Snitsky.

I watched about 1/3 of the Ring of Honor "Best In The World 2014" PPV, and wow.... these guys can put on matches. A lot of it has just been a giant spot fest, but still entertaining as hell, and get this.... WRESTLING :wow: . I'm going to finish it and see how I feel, but I think I"ll be following ROH much more now... plus they don't bring Jerry Springer on their show to do a badly scripted segment between the Bellas. (Springer's show was badly scripted/acted... and so is this storyline.... coincidence?)

BloodoftheKings
09-08-2014, 07:23 AM
:lol: Dammit Snitsky.

I watched about 1/3 of the Ring of Honor "Best In The World 2014" PPV, and wow.... these guys can put on matches. A lot of it has just been a giant spot fest, but still entertaining as hell, and get this.... WRESTLING :wow: . I'm going to finish it and see how I feel, but I think I"ll be following ROH much more now... plus they don't bring Jerry Springer on their show to do a badly scripted segment between the Bellas. (Springer's show was badly scripted/acted... and so is this storyline.... coincidence?)

ROH is pretty cool but a lot of their matches do tend to boil down to just giant spot fests. I went to an ROH show a few weeks ago and there were a couple of good matches but it gets tiring when every match is packed with big spots and near falls.

PVH5150
09-08-2014, 08:07 AM

watch?v=io7J6vfPiCU

I don't know what to say. I don't even eat seafood...but I will now.

THANK YOU BASED SNITZKY!

I wonder if it comes with a side of Lita's feet.

John The Drummer
09-09-2014, 10:08 AM
I was going to boycott RAW last night, which I did for the most part, but I did look at the live results (starts 3 hours later here) and saw there was an NXT match with Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn vs Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze. Short match, but the best thing WWE has done over the last couple of weeks. It was more of a showcase for Neville and Zayn to hit some spots while Kidd and Breeze were there as their crash test dumbies. They better keep this up, I can see Neville being the next big thing on the main roster.

In other news, I finished watching ROH: Best In The World 2014, so I want to do a quick rundown of it. First off, yes, ROH matches all do kinda have the same structure and end in a spot fest, but its still entertaining and these guys really push themselves to make sure their product is top quality with out needing to rely on drama.

ACH, TaDarius Thomas, Caprice Coleman, B.J. Whitmer, Takaaki Watanabe and Tommaso Ciampa Six-Man Mayhem match
This was a pretty solid match to kick off the PPV. It was nice to see so many fresh faces that I am unfamiliar with. It wasn't as much of a spot fest as everyone claims it is. This ACH did was VERY fun to watch, that guy has skill.

Jay Lethal vs Matt Taven
This match started off a bit slow, but then gradually built up more and more and more. It was awesome to see Jay Lethal in action again, always enjoyed watching him in TNA. Matt Taven was a pretty good wrestler too and fit well with Lethal.

Cedric Alexander vs Roderick Strong
Submission Match
I've never been too big on Submission matches, they have always come off as slow and bland to me, so I wasn't too excited about this one, but boy oh boy, this may have been one of the best matches of the show! Great solid entertainment from both guys, this really makes me want to keep up with ROH if their matches can be this solid!

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe) vs Matt Hardy and Michael Bennett
First things first, I had no idea that THOSE two guys were the Briscoe Brothers :lol: , and seeing Matt Hardy play a total heel was GREAT (the crowd hated him). The match first ended in a DQ, but then got restarted as a no disqualification match, which then turned into a bit of a TLC match :rocker: . So many solid spots left and right!

Kevin Steen vs Silas Young
I've heard so much hype over Kevin Steen, and really did not see it at first, but once the match got warmed up I totally saw what all the hype was! Silas Young as well was a solid performer! Seeing Kevin Steen (how much does he weigh? over 300???) do a Swanton Bomb!? WTF!? All the streemers in the beginning were great as well, was great to see how much everyone respects Mr. Wrestling.

reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs Christopher Daniels and Kazarian
A match I was really stoked to see, and was sadly let down with. It had some solid spots, but at the same time was SO sloppy, especially between Daniels and Fish. I could tell they were trying their best, but they missed so many spots and just seemed to be struggling to get on the same page. The match had a good ending, but as a whole was definitely the weak link of the PPV.

Michael Elgin vs Adam Cole
I've heard a lot about Adam Cole, A LOT, and to finally see him wrestle was great. Elgin didn't look like very much, reminded me of Bill Demott, but he could bring it in the ring. There was a funny moment where the ref's count was about 2.99999999 and everyone thought Elgin won, showered the ring with streamers, then realized the match wasn't over and started "We fucked up" chant :lol:

Overall a very solid introduction to a company I have been hearing of for years and years, and I will definitely follow them much more now. They are a nice happy medium between WWE and TNA :)

adamclark52
09-09-2014, 10:11 AM
fuck me!

– Seth Rollins had a close call during last night’s RAW main event when he rushed the ring as the steel cage was lowering. As seen in the GIF below, Rollins almost got caught by one of the spikes that lower with the cage:

http://i2.wp.com/cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2374150/oR7M4dA_medium.gif?w=474

XDoomsayerX
09-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Raw had some good moments.

-Wyatt/Jericho III

-Dat Heyman Promo :drool:

-NXT tag match was fun.

-Main Event was solid, dat curb stomp looked sick.

Rest of Raw sounded okay to horrible.

John The Drummer
09-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Dang! That was a close one :eek:

I forgot, I also watched the Adam Rose vs Titus O'Neil match.... goddamn, the crowd was so behind Rose it wasn't even funny!

adamclark52
09-09-2014, 12:55 PM
I was going to boycott RAW last night, which I did for the most part, but I did look at the live results (starts 3 hours later here) and saw there was an NXT match with Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn vs Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze. Short match, but the best thing WWE has done over the last couple of weeks. It was more of a showcase for Neville and Zayn to hit some spots while Kidd and Breeze were there as their crash test dumbies. They better keep this up, I can see Neville being the next big thing on the main roster.

In other news, I finished watching ROH: Best In The World 2014, so I want to do a quick rundown of it. First off, yes, ROH matches all do kinda have the same structure and end in a spot fest, but its still entertaining and these guys really push themselves to make sure their product is top quality with out needing to rely on drama.

ACH, TaDarius Thomas, Caprice Coleman, B.J. Whitmer, Takaaki Watanabe and Tommaso Ciampa Six-Man Mayhem match
This was a pretty solid match to kick off the PPV. It was nice to see so many fresh faces that I am unfamiliar with. It wasn't as much of a spot fest as everyone claims it is. This ACH did was VERY fun to watch, that guy has skill.

Jay Lethal vs Matt Taven
This match started off a bit slow, but then gradually built up more and more and more. It was awesome to see Jay Lethal in action again, always enjoyed watching him in TNA. Matt Taven was a pretty good wrestler too and fit well with Lethal.

Cedric Alexander vs Roderick Strong
Submission Match
I've never been too big on Submission matches, they have always come off as slow and bland to me, so I wasn't too excited about this one, but boy oh boy, this may have been one of the best matches of the show! Great solid entertainment from both guys, this really makes me want to keep up with ROH if their matches can be this solid!

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark Briscoe) vs Matt Hardy and Michael Bennett
First things first, I had no idea that THOSE two guys were the Briscoe Brothers :lol: , and seeing Matt Hardy play a total heel was GREAT (the crowd hated him). The match first ended in a DQ, but then got restarted as a no disqualification match, which then turned into a bit of a TLC match :rocker: . So many solid spots left and right!

Kevin Steen vs Silas Young
I've heard so much hype over Kevin Steen, and really did not see it at first, but once the match got warmed up I totally saw what all the hype was! Silas Young as well was a solid performer! Seeing Kevin Steen (how much does he weigh? over 300???) do a Swanton Bomb!? WTF!? All the streemers in the beginning were great as well, was great to see how much everyone respects Mr. Wrestling.

reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs Christopher Daniels and Kazarian
A match I was really stoked to see, and was sadly let down with. It had some solid spots, but at the same time was SO sloppy, especially between Daniels and Fish. I could tell they were trying their best, but they missed so many spots and just seemed to be struggling to get on the same page. The match had a good ending, but as a whole was definitely the weak link of the PPV.

Michael Elgin vs Adam Cole
I've heard a lot about Adam Cole, A LOT, and to finally see him wrestle was great. Elgin didn't look like very much, reminded me of Bill Demott, but he could bring it in the ring. There was a funny moment where the ref's count was about 2.99999999 and everyone thought Elgin won, showered the ring with streamers, then realized the match wasn't over and started "We fucked up" chant :lol:

Overall a very solid introduction to a company I have been hearing of for years and years, and I will definitely follow them much more now. They are a nice happy medium between WWE and TNA :)

Those Brisco Brothers are some fucked up looking dudes. I always thought they were related to Gerald Brisco (Vinces old stooge), and for all I know they are, but I just can't see it.

John The Drummer
09-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Did a quick investigation on Wikipedia, and looks like Gerry Brisco and his brother are not related to these Briscoe's, plus their last name is spelt ever so slightly different :)

I always thought these guys were more clean cut, but no, not even close :lol:

rjturtle9
09-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I want to watch that ROH show. It's hard to follow them since I can't afford to buy all their ppvs/DVDs, but that looks like a solid card. I wanna watch War of the World. That's their ROH vs NJPW show.

adamclark52
09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/09/former-wwe-wcw-star-sean-ohaire-passes-away/

I always thought this guy should've been a bigger star. His "but I'm not telling you something you didn't already know" character was pretty cool but died as soon as he got teamed up with Roddy Piper.

John The Drummer
09-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I was literally just on my way to post that.

Fuck man, that dude was my favorite when he had that kind of conspiracy theorist gimmick with Piper. I always loved his work, just had so much charisma and could have gotten so much further. RIP :(

Sanitarium78
09-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Why couldn't it have been Chuck Palumbo instead? O'Haire was very talented and had a lot of potential that the WWE completely wasted. But i'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

John The Drummer
09-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Why couldn't it have been Chuck Palumbo instead? O'Haire was very talented and had a lot of potential that the WWE completely wasted. But i'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Dat vignette....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-tlLQS7w

Maideneer
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Dean Ambrose returns on 9/22 Raw :)

John The Drummer
09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Got my House of Hardcore DVD in today! :rocker:
Looks like a pretty solid card! Tommy Dreamer vs Abyss, AJ Styles vs Kevin Steen, Gangrel :wow: !!! I didn't even know he still wrestled!

John The Drummer
09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Damn...

12:50 PM PT – According to local police, O’Haire was found in his bedroom, beside his bed, with a red rope tied around his neck and connected to the bedpost. His body was discovered by his father, who then called 911.

Former WCW and WWE wrestler Sean O’Haire was found dead Tuesday at his home in South Carolina … TMZ has learned.

The coroner in Spartanburg, SC tells TMZ a cause of death is unknown at this time, but no foul play is suspected. They are awaiting toxicology reports that might shed light on things.

I read on another report that there was a letter written to Vince McMahon next to his body too... but that was on Wikipedia, sooooooo *shrug*

adamclark52
09-11-2014, 11:18 AM
http://www.kayfabenews.com/sting-makes-wwe-debut-house-show-loss-zack-ryder/

John The Drummer
09-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Gonna go out there and say right now....

June 7, 2014
House of Hardcore V
Tony Nese & Petey Williams vs Bad Influence

MATCH. OF. THE. YEAH.

Maideneer
09-11-2014, 08:08 PM

Dude this site is a fucking riot.

adamclark52
09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Dude this site is a fucking riot.

Yeah, it's everything Wrestlecrap once was.

adamclark52
09-12-2014, 10:52 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

I didn't know this page still existed. If you've never read it you should prepare yourself for some of the most surreal wrestling stories you'll ever read.

#232 always makes me laugh, the first one about Lawler.

Maideneer
09-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm first getting over the fact that I see the words angelfire in 2014.

Sanitarium78
09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
I read that Sean O'Haire had been to WWE sponsored rehab six times over the last several years for alcohol abuse. His last stint in rehab was earlier this year and the WWE tried to stay in contact with him after he left but they couldn't find him.

It's so sad how many people in pro wrestling have these demons they can't overcome. Especially when they're trying to get help and it still doesn't work.

John The Drummer
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM

I am going to follow this site from now... holy shit this is awesome :lol: . Thanks for sharing! :party:

I read that Sean O'Haire had been to WWE sponsored rehab six times over the last several years for alcohol abuse. His last stint in rehab was earlier this year and the WWE tried to stay in contact with him after he left but they couldn't find him.

It's so sad how many people in pro wrestling have these demons they can't overcome. Especially when they're trying to get help and it still doesn't work.

It is very sad :( . Obviously putting yourself through constant pain, living on the road 300+ days a year and everything else that comes with it leaves a dent in even the strongest persons life. He was always such a great performer, not a main event quality guy, but still very high on the card.... just so under utilized.

I finished up my first House of Hardcore DVD last night. It started off really rough, but as the more seasoned guys had their matches it got better and better. I'll post a full review sometime soon down the road.

Also, KENTA will be making his debut next week, and they changed his name. It makes sense, trying to put their own brand on the guy, but at the same time it would make more sense to keep him as the name that he is known by all aroud the world. I am sure there will be plenty of KENTA-KENTA-KENTA-KENTA chants when he's in the ring.

adamclark52
09-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Also, KENTA will be making his debut next week, and they changed his name. It makes sense, trying to put their own brand on the guy, but at the same time it would make more sense to keep him as the name that he is known by all aroud the world. I am sure there will be plenty of KENTA-KENTA-KENTA-KENTA chants when he's in the ring.

The WWE doesn't care about what haappened in the rest of THE WORLD once you enter their UNIVERSE.

MPF
09-12-2014, 01:27 PM
In other news, Haley Joel Osment is the spitting image of Paul Bearer

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10653338_10152678188224367_2232682247161116885_n.j pg?oh=668852c48a77fb4804bcc5168647022a&oe=54CE6F71&__gda__=1422971684_f5b47234ab9f6d0d5f9535d2e4acbc0 0

John The Drummer
09-13-2014, 03:30 PM
OHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... here is a short run down of the House of Hardcore V DVD that I recently watched, in case any of you are interested in checking them out.

The show started out with two ECW originals, Danny Doring vs Guido Maritato (Little Guido/Nunzo). This was just a very short warm up match, or at least seemed like it, and maybe a bit of a let down as a first match. It wasn't completely bad, but just didn't have much zaz to it.

Nxt was Vik Dalishus & Team Tremendous vs Gangrel, Cerebus, and Fungus. Just another filler match. It was cool to see that Gangrel is still out and about and wrestling, though, but this match just didn't deliver very well.

At this point I was getting worried that this was going to be a let down of a promotion, but I kept on. Third match was a triple threat with Drew Gulak, Ben Ortiz and Lance Anoai. Anoai is a part of that big ass Samoan family and like 3rd or 5th cousins or something with The Uso's. He was dressed just like them, and the crowd even started some "OO-SO!" chants :lol: . This match was where things started to pick up. I believe it was Drew Gulak, he was very sloppy in the ring, seemed to miss a lot of spots, but still a solid match.

Adam Pearce vs Chris Hero was next, and this is where the show turned aroud completely and started to kick ass! I have heard of both of these guys in the indy scene and it was great to finally get myself up to date with them. They put on a really fun match, very entertaining, and saved the show from me taking it out and putting it on ebay! :D

Outlaws In c(Eddie Kingston and Homicide) vs CW Anderson and Devon Dudley was next. Very good match. Not much to say about it, but lots of "Fuck TNA" chants :) . As I said, nothing special in this match, but it was entertaining and a fun watch!

Abyss vs Tommy Dreamer in a Monster's Ball Match (Hardcore Match) took place next. This match felt really sloppy at times, but it still brought a good reception from the crowd. I think they had to skip a complete section of the match because Tommy Dreamer was looking around the outside of the ring for something and seemed legitimately pissed that he couldn't find the weapon he was seeking. Anyway, aside from that and some missed spots, it was an entertaining match. Sandman came out at the end (with Enter Sandman!!!) and had a beer with Tommy :lol:

Second to last match was the match of the show for me, and possibly MOTY. Tony Nese and Petey Williams vs Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian. This match was just hands down entertaining as fucking shit!!!!! It wasn't a complete spot fest like ROH,, but felt like an ROH match, if that makes sense. Petey Williams may be one of the best "indy" guys out there, or thats what I think after watching his work in this match . I suggest anyone who is anyone find a way to watch this match. I think these are all ex-TNA guys, and goddamn, TNA fucked up by letting them all go!!!!!!

The main event of the evening was Kevin Steen (working as a heel) against AJ Styles. This match had A LOT of slow "headlock" moments, but it didn't drag the match down at all. Kevin Steen was playing around with the crowd a lot and being a complete entertainer and interacting with everyone. Maybe the second best match of this, even if it had some slow parts!

Overall, this DVD started out VERY slow, but picked up at just the right point. I will definitely be getting another DVD of theirs, especially if the more "high profile" matches are as good as the ones on this guy! :rocker: It was also great to hear UNEDITED entrance themes! It wasn't high quality, but you could hear the songs perfectly through the camera microphones. And yes, Tommy Dreamer came out to Man in the Box. A main gripe of mine with this, although very small, is how it was edited. Not much after match stuff, some entrances cut off, yeah.... but it is just an "indy", so there obviously isn't going to have any backstage interviews or anything.

XDoomsayerX
09-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Gonna go out there and say right now....

June 7, 2014
House of Hardcore V
Tony Nese & Petey Williams vs Bad Influence

MATCH. OF. THE. YEAH.

Link me dawg.

My MOTY goes to the Fatal 4 Way between Zayn vs Neville vs Breeze vs Kid at NXT TAkeover.

Dat match had great story telling and drama. :drool:

Overall Takeover was solid. Wish Bayley won :(

But hey LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA!

John The Drummer
09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I heard that that match was amazing. I was watching it a little bit, but then went off and did some other stuff, really regret that now :(. I'll try to find a link to that HoH match. So good!

XDoomsayerX
09-17-2014, 10:07 AM
WWE should push Big E. His match with Seth Rollins was quality far better than his match with Reigns.

BIG E has the look, can go in the ring, and mic skills but wait he's black never mind WWE dont want him.

Same reason they stopped pushing R-Truth, Kofi, and Henry. Also why they wont push these dudes any time soon along with Woods and Titus :/

Also Justin Gabriel is awesome. Put him in a tag team with Zack Ryder and put them in the tag division.

I dont get why the WWE cant push mutli peeps at the same time. Dudes like Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, Wyatt Family, Orton, Jericho, Sheamus, and whatnot just seem to be there.

adamclark52
09-17-2014, 10:15 AM
WWE should push Big E. His match with Seth Rollins was quality far better than his match with Reigns.

BIG E has the look, can go in the ring, and mic skills but wait he's black never mind WWE dont want him.

Same reason they stopped pushing R-Truth, Kofi, and Henry. Also why they wont push these dudes any time soon along with Woods and Titus :/

Also Justin Gabriel is awesome. Put him in a tag team with Zack Ryder and put them in the tag division.

I dont get why the WWE cant push mutli peeps at the same time. Dudes like Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, Wyatt Family, Orton, Jericho, Sheamus, and whatnot just seem to be there.

They push lots of people:
Nikki Bella
Brie Bella
Stephanie McSlut
John Cena

uh
Roman Reigns

John The Drummer
09-17-2014, 10:29 AM
DUDE YOU FORGOT EL TORITO!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get why the WWE cant push mutli peeps at the same time. Dudes like Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, Wyatt Family, Orton, Jericho, Sheamus, and whatnot just seem to be there. ]

I have always been a HUGE Justin Gabriel fan. Maybe he can shine more once they bring more NXT guys to the main roster. Dude is entertaining as hell and gets used even less than Ryder does now!!! Maybe he will get released soon, then him and Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal can reform their tag team or rival each other in ROH.

Cesaro had such a solid push forming, then Lesnar decide he wanted to come back.... and now hes just another jobber :(. HOpefully he'll win whatever title he's going for on Sunday and run with it for a while.

I've missed RAW the last 2 weeks, and not feeling like I am missing anything at all. I think my expections are insanely high now after those couple weeks in a row they had... as well as watching ROH/HoH...

BTW, Doomsayer, I can't find that match I was talking about anywhere. The ending of it is on YouTube (or Dailymotion, forgot which) but its a fan filmed version....

adamclark52
09-17-2014, 10:35 AM
I was going to go see Night of Champions on Sunday but I'm going to see my friends band instead. I felt bad at first but the WWE has deflated so much since Summerslam that I just don't care. All I care is that Leaner wins. But I don't need to see another beating like the last one. I'm satisfied for a long time still off that one.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
09-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Can anyone give me a brief summary of the last few weeks of WWE's programming? I watch the PPVs but typically don't keep up with the live programs. All I know is that the last few weeks' worth of RAWs were supposedly terrible.

rjturtle9
09-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Can anyone give me a brief summary of the last few weeks of WWE's programming? I watch the PPVs but typically don't keep up with the live programs. All I know is that the last few weeks' worth of RAWs were supposedly terrible.

Yes this. I stopped watching raw right before extreme rules I think so I've been out of the loop a good 4-5 months. Just watch the ppvs now.

dcmetal108
09-17-2014, 10:25 PM
I read Cesaro is getting the title push in 2015 after Reigns.

adamclark52
09-17-2014, 11:54 PM

I just listen to Busted Open on Sirius XM, read the results on TWNPnews.com and get little bits from here and the F.A.N. board. But all signs point to it being fucking terrible since Summerslam. Which it too bad, because the brass at the WWE will see taking the title off Cena as the catalyst of it all.

I see it all being a result of one thing: Bellas.

XDoomsayerX
09-18-2014, 10:14 AM
I just listen to Busted Open on Sirius XM, read the results on TWNPnews.com and get little bits from here and the F.A.N. board. But all signs point to it being fucking terrible since Summerslam. Which it too bad, because the brass at the WWE will see taking the title off Cena as the catalyst of it all.

I see it all being a result of one thing: Bellas.

This pretty much. I just read bleacherreport and IGN wrestling wrap up, watch what sounds good via online.

WWE has just been boring since SS. Instead of focusing on wrestling like adam said they chose the Bellas.

But hey NXT is where it's at and if thats what WWE will become once HHH takes over completely then by gawd it will be good times again.

Also TNA has been solid recently. Focusing on X-Division and the Tag Team series. Hardys vs Wolves vs Dudleys was fun last night.

Oh and John I saw some other HoH matches Tony Nease is a beast! :O

InFlamesOfBirchmen
09-18-2014, 10:21 AM
I thought I heard something about TNA going out of business?

adamclark52
09-18-2014, 10:51 AM
I thought I heard something about TNA going out of business?

They're TV deal is pretty much kaput. So it's very likely but not until early 2015.