PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Adam Rose is face so it will probably be a 3MB member, Sandow, or Fandango.

Oh fuck, I forgot about Fandango.... isn't Adam Rose kinda a dancing character too? Yup.... instant rivalry.

"Vince we need a new rivalry... what can we do?"
"MIDGETS!!!!"
"We just did that last night, Vince...."
"Well... DANCING! LOTS OF DANCING!!!"
"That isn't wrestling though... and we kinda did that with Emma already....."
"MORE DANCING"!!!!!!!!

dcmetal108
05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Where is Ziggy!?

Sanitarium78
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Where is Ziggy!?

He got eliminated in the US title battle royal by Santino hitting the cobra on him. As usual Ziggler oversold the blow in silly cartoonish way. Maybe management would take him more seriously if he didn't needlessly flop around like a fish out of water whenever he gets hit with something and over sell the simplest of moves.

BloodoftheKings
05-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Why would they put the US title on Sheamus? I understand taking it off Dean while he's in a non-title program (though that didn't seem to be a problem for them the past 6 months) but why Sheamus? Will there be a unification feud with Barret? Will Sheamus retire it after turning heel and deciding he's too good for midcard belts?

Sanitarium78
05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Why would they put the US title on Sheamus? I understand taking it off Dean while he's in a non-title program (though that didn't seem to be a problem for them the past 6 months) but why Sheamus? Will there be a unification feud with Barret? Will Sheamus retire it after turning heel and deciding he's too good for midcard belts?

Sheamus is a good in ring worker and is always booked strong. They guy rarely ever gets pinned and is always made to look dominate, so why shouldn't he get the belt? He's a former three time world champ and a guy that they use all the time and never job him out too often, so he adds a bunch of credibility to the US title. After the title being invisible for so long, Sheamus winning the belt makes it more high profile then it's been in a long time. I've got no problem with him winning it since he'll help elevate the championship. They could've done a lot worse. Good choice for champion and now Sheamus has a purpose again. With only one world title Sheamus is no longer a world title guy. The US or IC titles are perfect for him now.

XDoomsayerX
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Watched 4 matches from Extreme Rules:

WeeLC match= I wa wrong that match was beyond entertaining, good job WWE.

Evolution vs The Shield was ace.

Tamina vs Paige was good just needed to go longer and no botch but hopefully we see a match #2 with a better story.

Kane vs D-bry was a throwback WWF street fight minus the blood. Lame the fire was put out so fast but still a nice match.

Rest of the card sounded good as well.

Raw was solid once again filled with good wrestling.
-Del Rio vs Dbry was a great match that seemed to be last second.
-Kane/Dbry story makes me think of a texas chainsaw massacre o_O
-Shield/Wyatts #4 was still fun.
-Evolution/Shield feud continues hopefully a street fight next time.
-BNB is getting a great reaction.
-Sheamus getting US title aint a bad thing, really wanted Swag to win it but oh well.
-Rose debut was whatever. Call up the Ascension or Sami Zayn please!

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Only watched up to about 10:00 last nigth, and yeah, was a pretty solid RAW, at least compared to most. I'm glad Sheamus has the US title because he isn't really doing uch, and Ambrose is far too busy with the Evolution rivalry to do much with it.

I hope they do something fun with Adam Rose, but I have a feeling he'll either A) go back to NXT in a few months, or B) just get stuck jobbing on Main Event. Seems like a fun character, but I doubt they know what to do with him other than just havin him "there" as "that guy".

I am glad Kane is a "monster" again, but last nights segments were a bit cheesy, still though.... good to see him as a physical beast.

I felt that BNB's reaction could have been MUCH better... seeemd pretty quiet :(

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Also, I'm really tired of WWE changing their characters for no reason. Whether it's their name or where they're from, its just very pointless.

First Kofi Kingston was from Jamaica, then West Africa, and now where? Rhode Island or something? Then changing Big E. Langston to Big E., then Antonio Cesaro to just Cesaro.... and now Alexander Rusev.... he's no longer the Bulgarian Brute, nor Alexander, he is now Rusev from Russia. :eyes: Just stop, WWE, please.... GIVE US MORE MIDGETS!

adamclark52
05-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Also, I'm really tired of WWE changing their characters for no reason. Whether it's their name or where they're from, its just very pointless.

First Kofi Kingston was from Jamaica, then West Africa, and now where? Rhode Island or something? Then changing Big E. Langston to Big E., then Antonio Cesaro to just Cesaro.... and now Alexander Rusev.... he's no longer the Bulgarian Brute, nor Alexander, he is now Rusev from Russia. :eyes: Just stop, WWE, please.... GIVE US MORE MIDGETS!

Vince has some strange obsession with one word names. I think he wants another "Goldberg", something that sticks in your mind. Or something easier for the peons to chant. It also means cheaper t-shirt production (less letters). Hence all the big strong guys with one name. It's stupid if you ask me.

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Vince just needs to get over his Big Muscular Guy's in Underwear fantasy and have fun again.... BRING BACK THE HURRICANE!!!!

adamclark52
05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Vince just needs to get over his Big Muscular Guy's in Underwear fantasy and have fun again.... BRING BACK THE HURRICANE!!!!

I think if Vince had his way all my old He-man figures would come to life and wrestle, and 100,000 people would fill every arena they went to.

PVH5150
05-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Holy shit, the feels. ;_;

9RAhxhIHdpM

XDoomsayerX
05-06-2014, 09:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAhxhIHdpM

Everyone should watch this, amazing vid right makes ya respect the WWE that much more.

From Matt Fowler IGN writer spot on

"To end things on a sweet and somber note here, take a five minutes and watch the awesome video above about a young WWE superfan named Connor who passed away about a month ago. It'll make you cry like a mother***er. But good tears. Good tears. Triumphant weeping."

dcmetal108
05-07-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't feel like crying so I'm skipping that video.

John The Drummer
05-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Holy shit, the feels. ;_;

9RAhxhIHdpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAhxhIHdpM

Everyone should watch this, amazing vid right makes ya respect the WWE that much more.

From Matt Fowler IGN writer spot on

"To end things on a sweet and somber note here, take a five minutes and watch the awesome video above about a young WWE superfan named Connor who passed away about a month ago. It'll make you cry like a mother***er. But good tears. Good tears. Triumphant weeping."

WAY TO POST TEHE SAME VIDEO, GUYS!
But yus, so many feels :(

300%_Density
05-07-2014, 11:59 AM
I think if Vince had his way all my old He-man figures would come to life and wrestle, and 100,000 people would fill every arena they went to.

No. The claimed attendance would be 100,000. Actual attendance would be more like 65-70,000.

adamclark52
05-07-2014, 01:22 PM
No. The claimed attendance would be 100,000. Actual attendance would be more like 65-70,000.

:lol:

:party:

Good one

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 07:18 AM
I decided that I wanted to give TNA another shot last night, mainly to see Knux's Carny Family debut.... I actually fell asleep during their debut :lol: , but I must give TNA some credit where credit is due (something WWE doesn't do anymore) - Having a ladder match on your basic, non-PPV show :rocker:.... especially one with The Bromans vs The Wolves for the Tag Team Titles.

I have heard so much hype over the Wolves, but since they were on TNA I never cared to give them a shot, but WOW, they can fucking bring it! Would love to see them in a match against The Shield (Rollins/Ambrose), or I dunno, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel! That'd be so awesome! :rocker:

adamclark52
05-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Did Batista end up bailing on the WWE this week or is he sticking around thru Payback?

BloodoftheKings
05-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Did Batista end up bailing on the WWE this week or is he sticking around thru Payback?

The dirtsheets were saying he was gonna bail because the original plan for Payback was Bryan v. Batista and Batista thought it would be a better use of his time to go do his movie promotion early instead of putting over Bryan again. If that's true I guess he decided to stick around another month for the Shield feud and will be leaving after that.

dcmetal108
05-09-2014, 09:32 AM
The dirtsheets were saying he was gonna bail because the original plan for Payback was Bryan v. Batista and Batista thought it would be a better use of his time to go do his movie promotion early instead of putting over Bryan again. If that's true I guess he decided to stick around another month for the Shield feud and will be leaving after that.

:lol:

Sanitarium78
05-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Batista's problem had to do with money, not putting over Bryan. You can tell the report about him leaving because he didn't wanna put Bryan over is bullshit because if Vince tells Batista he's losing to Bryan then that's what Batista will be doing. Vince would probably have fired him if he flat out refused to lose to Bryan again. Orton should be getting his rematch for the belt first anyways.

dcmetal108
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Batista's problem had to do with money, not putting over Bryan. You can tell the report about him leaving because he didn't wanna put Bryan over is bullshit because if Vince tells Batista he's losing to Bryan then that's what Batista will be doing. Vince would probably have fired him if he flat out refused to lose to Bryan again. Orton should be getting his rematch for the belt first anyways.

I can't see money being the problem. HHH is paying him more than most of the roster I assume.

adamclark52
05-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Well who knows the true truth but I've read that he's upset bcause he was promised the Royal Rumble win, a solo mainevent at Wrestlemania and I title win in that match; as an uberface. And as we all saw that fell flat on its face.

I like Batista but they were pushing him as a star on the level of a Rock or Cena and he really wasn't THAT big a star. Although writing this I just remembered that he did main event Wrestlemania 21. But it was a different time them.

I think they thought his return would get people as excited as the Rock and they learned the hard way that he wasn't as big a name as they thought he was.

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I was so confused when they were hyping Batista's return, I kept saying to myself "WTF, its only Batista...." even when he was a World Champ and main eventing I didn't see him as that big of a deal. He was cool as a midcarder in Evolution's first run because he seemd to play the role as Triple H's righthand man/body guard, but trying to book him as an OMG ROCK/STONE COLD LEVEL MAIN EVENTER is just silly.

Maybe it would have worked out better if they had intended on him being a heel, but sicne they wanted him to be a huge face and just come in and take the gold, then of course the crowd will respond negatively. It's like how they shove John Cena down everyones throat as the main face and no one wants to accept it because they're sick of him.

dcmetal108
05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Batista is just a mid carder that because he's friends with Trips got pushed too hard and too far.

Sanitarium78
05-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I can't see money being the problem. HHH is paying him more than most of the roster I assume.

Probably but wrestlers get payoffs if they're on the PPV cards. Maybe he thought he didn't get the amount he should.

I think if Batista came back as a surprise entrant in the rumble with no hype he would've got a good reaction. Most veterans who have been away for a while usually do when they come back at the rumble. Him as a face just doesn't work now because I think he reminds people of a time when the product was absolute crap except for a few guys on the roster. His rise to the main event was actually done well in 2005 but he was the number two guy when the product was garbage for the most part. So, people not caring about him and to a lesser extent the evolution reunion is not surprising.

adamclark52
05-09-2014, 12:52 PM
In Batistas defense, don't hate on him. If Vince and Triple H came at me and told me they were going to have me win the Rumble, main event Wrestlemania, win the title and be a uberface (and pay me a fortune) I'd say yes too. Even if I knew the crowd was going to shit on it. It's their decision, let them Fuck up whatever they want.

adamclark52
05-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I was so confused when they were hyping Batista's return, I kept saying to myself "WTF, its only Batista...." even when he was a World Champ and main eventing I didn't see him as that big of a deal. He was cool as a midcarder in Evolution's first run because he seemd to play the role as Triple H's righthand man/body guard, but trying to book him as an OMG ROCK/STONE COLD LEVEL MAIN EVENTER is just silly.

Maybe it would have worked out better if they had intended on him being a heel, but sicne they wanted him to be a huge face and just come in and take the gold, then of course the crowd will respond negatively. It's like how they shove John Cena down everyones throat as the main face and no one wants to accept it because they're sick of him.

Like most times I have to agree with you.

Batista was a main-eventer during one of the WWE's valleys. When it did get more popular towards the end of his last run he was an (very) upper-midcarder and decent title challenger. He was championship material but he wasn't the kind of guy you could build an entire show around. As we learned in the build to Wrestlemania.

Had Batista been around in the Attitude-era or had Brock Lesnar have stuck around in 2004 he would have been an upper-midcarder at best. And if he were to debut as a new superstar today he'd blend in with the furniture (as so many similar built talent has in the last five years). He was a product of a bad time in the WWE, as someone else said. I keep forgetting that he already did main event a Wrestlemania (21, against Triple H) but it was at a time when the WWE was on it's way down.

I think the one thing that really killed him during this return was winning the Royal Rumble. That Royal Rumble and that crowd killed a lot of the WWE's momentum. It pretty much killed Rey Mysterio too (even though he is a walking cast). If Daniel Bryan had of at least been IN that Rumble things would've worked out differently. Batista could've even won and people still would have reacted differently.

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Apprently thre is talk of a Shield vs Evolution rematch at Payback, I bet this'll be a way to write Batista out of future storylines by having them lose or something. Maybe loser disbands or something? I dunno...

Also, I'm surprised Triple H has never been in a Buried Alive match ;)

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Apprently thre is talk of a Shield vs Evolution rematch at Payback, I bet this'll be a way to write Batista out of future storylines by having them lose or something. Maybe loser disbands or something? I dunno...

Also, I'm surprised Triple H has never been in a Buried Alive match ;)

I'd be down, I'll be at that PPV since its in Chicago.

Also they had the Payback PPV in Chicago for two years now :lol:

XDoomsayerX
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
D-bry is hurt gonna have to get surgery :(

MPF
05-12-2014, 06:19 PM
every time that I look at this thread and see D-Bry, I think of D'Lo Brown.

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 07:09 PM
every time that I look at this thread and see D-Bry, I think of D'Lo Brown.

ITS ALL ABOUT DAT SHAKY HEAD LEG DROP!!!

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I miss D'Lo....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pCGOeDkgAX0/UrhwriJ4QkI/AAAAAAAAE0I/VpcTRCJ954w/s320/awkward+walk.gif

MPF
05-12-2014, 07:11 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT DAT SHAKY HEAD LEG DROP!!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3862194/d-lo-brown-european-champ-o.gif

Nater
05-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Raw had been so good the past few weeks. Tonight just felt like a TNA Impact tribute night.

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Raw had been so good the past few weeks. Tonight just felt like a TNA Impact tribute night.

OH BURN!

So... umm... I gotta give WWE some credit for something that everyone has looked over..... THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT TOUT ANYMORE!!!!!!! :rocker:

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 07:32 PM
OH BURN!

So... umm... I gotta give WWE some credit for something that everyone has looked over..... THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT TOUT ANYMORE!!!!!!! :rocker:

They are too busy pushing the network which hasn't had the amazing numbers they were hoping for.

Sanitarium78
05-12-2014, 07:33 PM
I always liked D'lo Brown. It's too bad the roster was so stacked at the time he was around because he got lost in the shuffle a bit at times despite being talented in the ring and charismatic. I don't think he would've ever been a main eventer but he could've been a regular IC title guy. He was really good as the European champ though.

I liked his entrance theme to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDf5gZeL8Tk

Nater
05-12-2014, 08:26 PM
OH BURN!

Thank god because some of the people they ended up putting on TV were cringe worthy.

John The Drummer
05-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Anyone know how much WrestleMania 30 on DVD is at Best Buy? I'd look but my work internet is so slow and buggy :(

Released today so wanting to get it! (Amazon has it for about $17.99)

John The Drummer
05-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Anyone know how much WrestleMania 30 on DVD is at Best Buy? I'd look but my work internet is so slow and buggy :(

Released today so wanting to get it! (Amazon has it for about $17.99)

$17.99 at Best Buy, too. :rocker:

John The Drummer
05-13-2014, 03:45 PM
I have a friend of a friend that is going to give me his WWE collection because he needs to free up space..... give me... fo' free.....

Survivor Series Anthology 87-91
Survivor Series Anthology 92-96
SummerSlam Anthology 88-92
SummerSlam Anthology 93-97
SummerSlam Anthology 98-02
Royal Rumble Anthology 88-92
Royal Rumble Anthology 93-97
Royal Rumble Anthology 98-02

Individuals:
Summerslam 03-13
Royal Rumble 03-13

Invasion 2001
Unforgiven 2001
No Mercy 2001
Survivor Series 2001
Vengeance 2001
No Way Out 2002
Backlash 2002
Judgment Day 2002
Vengeance 2002
Unforgiven 2002
No Mercy 2002
Survivor Series 2002
Armageddon 2002
No Way Out 2003
Backlash 2003
Bad Blood 2003
Survivor Series 2003
Backlash 2004
Bad Blood 2004
Taboo Tuesday 2004
Vengeance 2005
Unforgiven 2005
Taboo Tuesday 2005
No Way Out 2006
Backlash 2008
Judgment Day 2008
One Night Stand 2008
Great American Bash 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008
Money in the Bank 2011
Night of Champions 2011
Survivor Series 2011
Extreme Rules 2012
Elimination Chamber 2013
Extreme Rules 2013

I'm not sure if its EVERYTHING he's giving me, but sure sounded like it... I srsly need to give him something for these :eek:

adamclark52
05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
I have a friend of a friend that is going to give me his WWE collection because he needs to free up space..... give me... fo' free.....

Survivor Series Anthology 87-91
Survivor Series Anthology 92-96
SummerSlam Anthology 88-92
SummerSlam Anthology 93-97
SummerSlam Anthology 98-02
Royal Rumble Anthology 88-92
Royal Rumble Anthology 93-97
Royal Rumble Anthology 98-02

Individuals:
Summerslam 03-13
Royal Rumble 03-13

Invasion 2001
Unforgiven 2001
No Mercy 2001
Survivor Series 2001
Vengeance 2001
No Way Out 2002
Backlash 2002
Judgment Day 2002
Vengeance 2002
Unforgiven 2002
No Mercy 2002
Survivor Series 2002
Armageddon 2002
No Way Out 2003
Backlash 2003
Bad Blood 2003
Survivor Series 2003
Backlash 2004
Bad Blood 2004
Taboo Tuesday 2004
Vengeance 2005
Unforgiven 2005
Taboo Tuesday 2005
No Way Out 2006
Backlash 2008
Judgment Day 2008
One Night Stand 2008
Great American Bash 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008
Money in the Bank 2011
Night of Champions 2011
Survivor Series 2011
Extreme Rules 2012
Elimination Chamber 2013
Extreme Rules 2013

I'm not sure if its EVERYTHING he's giving me, but sure sounded like it... I srsly need to give him something for these :eek:

Lucky!

Sanitarium78
05-14-2014, 09:09 AM
I've read that Bryan maybe out for 6-8 weeks with his neck surgery. We won't know anything for sure until tomorrow when he has the procedure done. If he's only gonna be out that long, I could see the authority stripping him of the belts and awarding them to Kane setting up a feud for Bryan to get the belts back when he returns. It's really the only thing that makes sense right now since every other big name is involved in something at the moment. Kane being world champ for 2 months at the most won't be that bad. There's really no one else at main event level who can carry the title for a couple months except Kane.

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Lucky!

I'm stoked :D. I used to have a decent collection, but then ended up selling them or throwing them out or something when I went through a phase and thought I was "too cool for wrestling" (luckily it only lasted a year or two).

Anywho, I picked up WM 30 last night... SO GOOD! I don't care what everyone says, its great. I do agree that some of the matches went a bit too long and they could have shaved off a good 5 minutes from each and added more time to the Shield match, or just add more matches in general.

I only got through disc 1 last night, but here is a short review...

D-Bry vs Triple H
Really solid match. Definitely went a bit too long, but really solid and the crowd reaction at the end was amazing! A lot of storytelling in this match.

The Shield vs NAO & Kane
Not a bad match, but abuot 5-10 minutes too short. Could have been a classic, or at least better, but of course WWE had to pull out one of their short filler matches...

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
GREAT Match! Loved the Kofi spot, and Cesaro just lifting Big Slow like he was nothing was just.... :wow:

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
This'll be one of the only times I'll say this, but wow, Cena actually put on a good match! SO much storytelling in this. The crowd singing "He's Got The World In His Hands" during the match gave me chills.

Undertaker vs Lesnar
So much better than everyone says it was. Yes, Undertaker looked rough, but he still put on a great match for his age, and a great match considering his opponent was a very physical one. I obviously knew the outcome of it, but even at the 1-2-3 I was shocked. The silence from the crowd was so amazing, it just felt like Undertaker would kick out... but no.... :eek:

adamclark52
05-14-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm stoked :D. I used to have a decent collection, but then ended up selling them or throwing them out or something when I went through a phase and thought I was "too cool for wrestling" (luckily it only lasted a year or two).

Anywho, I picked up WM 30 last night... SO GOOD! I don't care what everyone says, its great. I do agree that some of the matches went a bit too long and they could have shaved off a good 5 minutes from each and added more time to the Shield match, or just add more matches in general.

I only got through disc 1 last night, but here is a short review...

D-Bry vs Triple H
Really solid match. Definitely went a bit too long, but really solid and the crowd reaction at the end was amazing! A lot of storytelling in this match.

The Shield vs NAO & Kane
Not a bad match, but abuot 5-10 minutes too short. Could have been a classic, or at least better, but of course WWE had to pull out one of their short filler matches...

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
GREAT Match! Loved the Kofi spot, and Cesaro just lifting Big Slow like he was nothing was just.... :wow:

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
This'll be one of the only times I'll say this, but wow, Cena actually put on a good match! SO much storytelling in this. The crowd singing "He's Got The World In His Hands" during the match gave me chills.

Undertaker vs Lesnar
So much better than everyone says it was. Yes, Undertaker looked rough, but he still put on a great match for his age, and a great match considering his opponent was a very physical one. I obviously knew the outcome of it, but even at the 1-2-3 I was shocked. The silence from the crowd was so amazing, it just felt like Undertaker would kick out... but no.... :eek:

The crowds reaction to the Undertaker losing was one of the best crowd reactions I've seen in my life. Like I said the night of the show, when he got pinned I clapped. Not because I was glad he lost. I personally felt it was a terrible, terrible match. I haven't seen the last few Wrestlemanias but all I hear people talking about is how the Undertaker stole the show every year. So I watched that match expecting a show stealer...and got that. Now at the time I didn't know he had suffered a concussion so that does change my thoughts on the match. But at the time i thought it was just one of the worst matches I'd seen in a while. So when it was over I clapped because Brock put the man out of his misery.

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I went into that match ('Taker) with terribly low expectations, so I think that helped a lot too. It was really nice to see that even though he lost (got his ass kicked) the crowd gave him tons of respect and gave him a standing ovation.

dcmetal108
05-14-2014, 09:52 AM
I've read that Bryan maybe out for 6-8 weeks with his neck surgery. We won't know anything for sure until tomorrow when he has the procedure done. If he's only gonna be out that long, I could see the authority stripping him of the belts and awarding them to Kane setting up a feud for Bryan to get the belts back when he returns. It's really the only thing that makes sense right now since every other big name is involved in something at the moment. Kane being world champ for 2 months at the most won't be that bad. There's really no one else at main event level who can carry the title for a couple months except Kane.

I HATE the way they have Kane right now, give the belt back to Super Cena instead of Kane. Or hell have Cesaro take it and make the authority go after Paul E and his guys. Make them group together with Cesaro with the belt, Lesner, and someone else.

XDoomsayerX
05-14-2014, 10:38 AM
The crowds reaction to the Undertaker losing was one of the best crowd reactions I've seen in my life. Like I said the night of the show, when he got pinned I clapped. Not because I was glad he lost. I personally felt it was a terrible, terrible match. I haven't seen the last few Wrestlemanias but all I hear people talking about is how the Undertaker stole the show every year. So I watched that match expecting a show stealer...and got that. Now at the time I didn't know he had suffered a concussion so that does change my thoughts on the match. But at the time i thought it was just one of the worst matches I'd seen in a while. So when it was over I clapped because Brock put the man out of his misery.

Pretty much this. Taker looked like a dog that just needed to be put down the whole match. So sad cuz his HBK matches were fucking gold, HHH were aight and Punk match was good too.

Nater
05-14-2014, 01:13 PM
I HATE the way they have Kane right now, give the belt back to Super Cena instead of Kane. Or hell have Cesaro take it and make the authority go after Paul E and his guys. Make them group together with Cesaro with the belt, Lesner, and someone else.

It might just be the super Kane Fanboy in me but I love how Kane's been booked lately. I enjoyed Corporate Kane but as soon as he snapped and ran back with the horror film shit I got so happy. As long as he doesn't drag that chain around and try to feud with Khali again.

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 01:14 PM
It might just be the super Kane Fanboy in me but I love how Kane's been booked lately. I enjoyed Corporate Kane but as soon as he snapped and ran back with the horror film shit I got so happy. As long as he doesn't drag that chain around and try to feud with Khali again.

I dug the chain :eyes:

Dextrimental
05-14-2014, 03:04 PM

Agreed. A lot of the other guys wouldn't get any heat from the crowd either - Kane has a bit of heat going because of his feud with Bryan and the return of demon Kane.

Just have to wait and see.

adamclark52
05-14-2014, 03:09 PM
You know who'd be better with the belt? Cena.

Der chaymp iz hear!

XDoomsayerX
05-14-2014, 06:19 PM
You know who'd be better with the belt? Cena.

Der chaymp iz hear!

Vince: Ya know what time it is?

Cena: My time is now!

SuperCena should get the belt his Wyatt feud has run its course.

BloodoftheKings
05-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Lesnar and Heyman as babyfaces would not work.

A brief Kane title run would a bizarre couple of months.

On an unrelated note. Alicia Fox's new gimmick is probably the most interesting thing going on right now.

Sanitarium78
05-14-2014, 07:39 PM

You hate that Kane is back to being a monster? His beatdown on Bryan a few weeks back was great and so is him stalking and scaring the crap out of Brie. This is exactly what Kane's character is meant to do. I love Cesaro but he's not at the level of world champion yet. Right now he's a good IC/US title guy and nothing more. Putting the belt on him so fast without any reason would probably ruin his current push, if that's what it is. Seriously, what are they doing with Cesaro right now? Anyways, it could ruin him making him world champ too soon.

Agreed. A lot of the other guys wouldn't get any heat from the crowd either - Kane has a bit of heat going because of his feud with Bryan and the return of demon Kane.

Just have to wait and see.

Exactly. People may not want to admit it but if Bryan has to miss a few months, Kane as world champion is the right move to make because he does have a bit of steam on him right now because of the feud with Bryan. When something like this happens putting the belt on a reliable veteran for short time isn't a bad thing. If Jericho was around he would be perfect to carry the belt for a few months.

A brief Kane title run would a bizarre couple of months.

Yes, but since Kane is nuts we shouldn't expect anything less.

dcmetal108
05-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Announced for the next PPV "Payback" (In Chicago, already have my tickets)

Shield Vs Evolution in a Elimination Match
Bray vs SupaCena in a Last Man Standing

XDoomsayerX
05-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Announced for the next PPV "Payback" (In Chicago, already have my tickets)

Shield Vs Evolution in a Elimination Match
Bray vs SupaCena in a Last Man Standing

Was hoping for a Shield vs Evolution Chicago Street fight match but not a bad card at all so far.

Sanitarium78
05-15-2014, 11:30 AM
If Bryan is gonna be out for a bit you can add "In a special ceremony, The Authority will award Kane the world heavyweight championship" to the card.

Maideneer
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
On an unrelated note. Alicia Fox's new gimmick is probably the most interesting thing going on right now.

I agree but the delusional random head-scratcher of a rant she did on Main Event was insanely confusing and over the top since it doesn't match her character. At least she's trying to step up the girls division.

Sanitarium78
05-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Update on Daniel Bryan:

"Daniel Bryan successfully underwent neck surgery earlier today in Pittsburgh, PA. Bryan's issue was described as a "lingering" nerve issue with his neck. Bryan underwent a cervical foraminotomy in order to decompress the nerve root. The procedure involves surgeons go in through the back of the neck to shave the inside edges of joints in the neck and spine that are causing compression. This is done in order to prevent the eventual collapse of a spinal disc.

There is no official timetable for his return, but the usual recovery from such a procedure for heavy physical activity is 2-3 months. Bryan is already out of bed and wearing a soft neck brace. At this time, he is expected to be released from the hospital in one or two days. Prior to the surgery, WWE expected Bryan to be out up to eight weeks, with the target for return at the Summerslam PPV.

WWE will address the status of the WWE World Heavyweight Title during this Monday's Raw"

It's good everything went well. Him being back in time for Summerslam will be best for business.

John The Drummer
05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Good to hear for sure! Hopefully he doesn't pull a Cena and come back too early and reinjure himself.

This just came to me, MITB Ladder Match
Cesaro vs Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins vs Tyson Kidd vs Justin Gabriel vs Cody Rhodes vs Swagger

Yes?

Dextrimental
05-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Hopefully there are no more complications and he's back in action soon. Dude just had a meteoric rise and is at the edge of a very healthy reign - let's hope he can continue it.

There'll probably be a match for the title - Kane and a couple of other main eventers like Big Show, Christian and maybe Orton. Kane should win.

Sanitarium78
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Good to hear for sure! Hopefully he doesn't pull a Cena and come back too early and reinjure himself.

This just came to me, MITB Ladder Match
Cesaro vs Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins vs Tyson Kidd vs Justin Gabriel vs Cody Rhodes vs Swagger

Yes?

Kidd, Gabriel, Cody and Swagger are all bad choices. Especially Kidd and Gabriel who are jobbers and aren't even credible contenders for the US/IC titles. Swagger is nothing but a jobber to and will lose to Adam Rose at Payback. Cody is as bland and boring as his brother was before he became Goldust. They've done nothing with Cody recently to make fans think he's got that something special to be world champ. None of those guys right now are in anyway believable as contenders to get a world title shot.

Now none of this is the fault of the performers as they are all talented but the bad midcard booking has made these guys irrelevant. The MITB match will probably be Cesaro, The Shield, Barrett, Cena and Bray Wyatt. I can see Orton, Sheamus or Ziggler getting in the match to.

John The Drummer
05-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Kidd, Gabriel, Cody and Swagger are all bad choices. \

The names you through out are most likely going to happen, maybe replace Cena for someone a little lower, but we'll see.

As for those 4 names, that was just a personal preferance as to what I'd like to see :). Kidd and Gabriel are both VERY exciting to watch, and fresh faces. Cody is bland, yes, but he is also a bit of a risk taker and has improved a bit since he first started. And Swagger I just threw in because I forgot about Barrett :D, but also, at least when he first made his "return" before joining the Real American's, he was a small bit entertaining and really struck me as someone who had a bright future, even if I can't stand him.

rjturtle9
05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
So it appears as though Kenta and Prince Devitt are going to WWE. This excites me so much. If you don't know who either are, head to YouTube now!

JRA
05-15-2014, 04:06 PM
So it appears as though Kenta and Prince Devitt are going to WWE. This excites me so much. If you don't know who either are, head to YouTube now!

They'll ruin them/have no idea what to do with them. Antonio had a yodeling gimmick when he first came in.

John The Drummer
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't see them going too far with WWE, sadly. They bring in big names from the indies/international circuits, but then don't know how to book them in order to please the crowd on a more major scale.... I know they do well with some guys, but it seems that they just aren't sure how to book them if they aren't a 350 all muscle greased up guy going by the name Jimmy Jimmerson.

rjturtle9
05-15-2014, 04:19 PM
WWE has been using their independent talent a lot better than in the past years. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind right away but look how well guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, and Harper are doing. The crowd loves them and they put on the best matches. Then have a look at NXT. Neville, Zayn, Crow, Kalisto... All are getting huge very quick. WWE is signing more independent talent and they are using them a hell of a lot better than most of their own made stars.

Oh and don't forget JOJO and Paige!

adamclark52
05-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I don't see them going too far with WWE, sadly. They bring in big names from the indies/international circuits, but then don't know how to book them in order to please the crowd on a more major scale.... I know they do well with some guys, but it seems that they just aren't sure how to book them if they aren't a 350 all muscle greased up guy going by the name Jimmy Jimmerson.

Hey, Jimmy Jimmerson can do a hell of a press slam.

John The Drummer
05-15-2014, 04:30 PM
WWE has been using their independent talent a lot better than in the past years. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind right away but look how well guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, and Harper are doing. The crowd loves them and they put on the best matches. Then have a look at NXT. Neville, Zayn, Crow, Kalisto... All are getting huge very quick. WWE is signing more independent talent and they are using them a hell of a lot better than most of their own made stars.

Hmm good point :lol:. Maybe I'm just thinking of the Japanese wrestlers then? They bring them in, give 'em a quick run around, then down to the bottom of the barrel.

Sanitarium78
05-15-2014, 04:38 PM

Can you recommend any matches in particular? I've heard the names before but have never seen them wrestle.

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
That would be pretty sad if wwe buried KENTA considering two of their biggest stars in recent years have been using his finishers.

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Can you recommend any matches in particular? I've heard the names before but have never seen them wrestle.

Prince Devitt has a great match with Adrian Neville.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETS1BadXYw

rjturtle9
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Here's one you all might be interested in seeing.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2MlbBwzy67s

XDoomsayerX
05-15-2014, 09:55 PM

Thank you turtle! Was gonna say you guys be crazy they use indy talent way better now especially since the addition of NXT which is meant to showcase wrestling.

I'm excited for the addition of Kenta and Prince Devitt and see them put on clinics on NXT at the very least.

rjturtle9
05-16-2014, 05:10 AM
I'm pretty sure sooner or later they're gonna get rid of the training center and just sign Indy guys. Not saying that their made guys aren't good, because they are getting better, but the Indy guys just come in, show everybody up, get pushed on their own based on in ring work, and take over. WWE spends more time braking in Indy guys to conform to WWE's style of wrestling then they do building their own talent from scratch. They should just let the Indy stars wrestle to their full capabilities. Then the WWE would be unfuckwitable.

dcmetal108
05-16-2014, 05:36 AM
I'm pretty sure sooner or later they're gonna get rid of the training center and just sign Indy guys. Not saying that their made guys aren't good, because they are getting better, but the Indy guys just come in, show everybody up, get pushed on their own based on in ring work, and take over. WWE spends more time braking in Indy guys to conform to WWE's style of wrestling then they do building their own talent from scratch. They should just let the Indy stars wrestle to their full capabilities. Then the WWE would be unfuckwitable.

The problem is that WWE doesn't any let new, innovative, or crazy move sets happen too often.

adamclark52
05-16-2014, 05:46 AM
I think they've invested too much time, money and press to let the performance center fade away just yet. Maybe in five to ten years.

Sanitarium78
05-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Unless it somehow starts to lose money they will never close the performance and training center. NXT is their farm league now and it gives the new/younger guys something to do and it helps them to get their work in and learn what it takes to get to the main roster. Plus, as we've seen with the Wyatts, Adam Rose and soon Bo Dallas, it gives them a chance to develop a character for everyone so the wrestlers have something to them right away if they make it to the main roster. With NXT being on the network now, more people are watching the show and it will help the talent to be more over if they get called up to the big leagues since more fans will know them. The performance center is one of the best ideas they've ever come up with. Let's face it, they're never going to abandon the WWE style of wrestling. So, this is the best way for people to learn it and at the same time, get a little bit over with the WWE fans.

XDoomsayerX
05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Unless it somehow starts to lose money they will never close the performance and training center. NXT is their farm league now and it gives the new/younger guys something to do and it helps them to get their work in and learn what it takes to get to the main roster. Plus, as we've seen with the Wyatts, Adam Rose and soon Bo Dallas, it gives them a chance to develop a character for everyone so the wrestlers have something to them right away if they make it to the main roster. With NXT being on the network now, more people are watching the show and it will help the talent to be more over if they get called up to the big leagues since more fans will know them. The performance center is one of the best ideas they've ever come up with. Let's face it, they're never going to abandon the WWE style of wrestling. So, this is the best way for people to learn it and at the same time, get a little bit over with the WWE fans.

Pretty much this. NXT is pretty entertaining I dont see the point in getting rid of it.

rjturtle9
05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
I love NXT and hope they never do away with it either. I was leaning more towards their own school they have. The talent they build themselves are always weak compared to the Indy guys. Look at the NXT roster. A lot of the nobodies and dudes that can't work are all old random actors/bodybuilders/modals/athletes... They aren't wrestlers. The Indy guys in NXT try half as hard than in the independents while the WWE made guys struggle to keep up.

BloodoftheKings
05-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Not happening. Vince loves his bodybuilders.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Vince-McMahon-admiring-bodybuilders.gif

John The Drummer
05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Bo Dallas vs Big E has been announced for next week's WWE NXT broadcast. A stipulation has been added to the match, and if Bo Dallas wins he receives an NXT Title shot, but if he loses, he must leave NXT.

Well jeeze, guess all wrestling fans are dumb and this isn't a spoiler at all with Bo Dallas coming to the main roster :B

Sanitarium78
05-16-2014, 01:53 PM
So did everyone hear how Vince lost 340 million dollars today?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2014/05/16/wwe-ceo-vince-mcmahon-no-longer-billionaire-after-losing-340-million-in-a-day/?ss=business

adamclark52
05-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Not happening. Vince loves his bodybuilders.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Vince-McMahon-admiring-bodybuilders.gif

That gif is so funny.

Sanitarium78
05-16-2014, 02:13 PM
That gif is so funny.

Yeah it is. I've seen this gif floating around the internet on some other wrestling sights. I wonder who came up with it?

adamclark52
05-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I just never knew that people thought the same way of Vince as I do. That's literally exactly how I picture him.

And this face when a guy like Daniel Bryan walks in.
http://s21.postimg.org/6u5kdrhhz/vince.png

Where were those shots of Vince from? They look familiar. I'm thinking it was Sable or Torrie Wilson.

dcmetal108
05-16-2014, 08:28 PM
So did everyone hear how Vince lost 340 million dollars today?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2014/05/16/wwe-ceo-vince-mcmahon-no-longer-billionaire-after-losing-340-million-in-a-day/?ss=business

Yeah also shows how the Network is kinda a flop.

John The Drummer
05-17-2014, 08:47 AM
watch?v=_VyKo0rQKO0

It's matches and competitors like this that makes me want a Light Heavyweight or Cruiserweight Title back in action!

John The Drummer
05-17-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm watching the 2014 HoF, really great speeches. I felt really bad for Mr. T, though. He seemed really guilty for running too long :(. The crowd was totally into his speech, though! :D

Also, mass LOLZ that the crowd Boo's every time Cena is shown :lol:

Sanitarium78
05-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah also shows how the Network is kinda a flop.

You can't say that yet. It's only been around for three months and they've got somewhere around 700,000 subscribers to it. Their goal was to reach 1 million by the end of the year. Now how many of these people will stay on after the 6 month commitment is over remains to be seen but it's certainly not a flop yet. The network will get a huge bump in membership once it goes international next year. I still think if it was a regular cable station they would have gotten more subscribers.

watch?v=_VyKo0rQKO0

It's matches and competitors like this that makes me want a Light Heavyweight or Cruiserweight Title back in action!

WWE doesn't take a cruiserweight division seriously so it will never happen. Also, why would you wanna see these guys waste their time fighting over that when the IC and US title scenes can use them? I hope Sami Zayn gets called up soon. He's great in the ring, charismatic and a very good talker. Everything he does just comes across so natural both in the ring and on the mic.

John The Drummer
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Continuing on with the Hall of Fame... WOW... I knew Kane was a great talker when not in character, but i didn't know he was THAT good. Fucking awesome. And Carlito's little shots at WWE were awesome :) . Watching Ultimate Warrior now... :( .... such a great speech.... still missing him every day :(

adamclark52
05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Continuing on the Hall of Fame...

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/05/scott-hall-missing-event-reportedly-tells-promoter-hes-dark-place/

I'm a fan, but this doesn't surprise me.

adamclark52
05-17-2014, 08:55 PM
You can't say that yet. It's only been around for three months and they've got somewhere around 700,000 subscribers to it. Their goal was to reach 1 million by the end of the year. Now how many of these people will stay on after the 6 month commitment is over remains to be seen but it's certainly not a flop yet. The network will get a huge bump in membership once it goes international next year. I still think if it was a regular cable station they would have gotten more subscribers.

WWE doesn't take a cruiserweight division seriously so it will never happen. Also, why would you wanna see these guys waste their time fighting over that when the IC and US title scenes can use them? I hope Sami Zayn gets called up soon. He's great in the ring, charismatic and a very good talker. Everything he does just comes across so natural both in the ring and on the mic.

I enjoy watching two minutes of NXT more than two hours of Raw or Smackdown. Even though whoever gets called up will get lost in the shuffle there will always be more people in NXT to entertain me.

dcmetal108
05-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Honestly the odds of me cancelling my Network subscription after the 6 months is highly likely. I use it to watch the PPV that's all.

The fact that it can't show what I already watched, has a terrible layout and still constantly crashes makes me not want it.

Sanitarium78
05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Honestly the odds of me cancelling my Network subscription after the 6 months is highly likely. I use it to watch the PPV that's all.

The fact that it can't show what I already watched, has a terrible layout and still constantly crashes makes me not want it.

I mainly use it to watch the PPVs, NXT and Main Event. I've watched some older stuff and while it's cool to relive those shows, I also know it will be years before I get the craving to watch them again. I don't get the complaint people have about it not being able to tell you what you've already watched? If you do start watching something you've already seen, just turn it off and watch something else. What's the big deal?

What do you watch the network on? I watch it on my PS3 and maybe my internet sucks but the on demand stuff does still freeze up on me a little. But the live stream works great, so who knows? I think watching the PPVs live for the price you pay is a good value. Those shows aren't worth the $50 something you would pay without the network but the PPVs are certainly worth about ten bucks.

dcmetal108
05-18-2014, 07:50 PM
I mainly use it to watch the PPVs, NXT and Main Event. I've watched some older stuff and while it's cool to relive those shows, I also know it will be years before I get the craving to watch them again. I don't get the complaint people have about it not being able to tell you what you've already watched? If you do start watching something you've already seen, just turn it off and watch something else. What's the big deal?

What do you watch the network on? I watch it on my PS3 and maybe my internet sucks but the on demand stuff does still freeze up on me a little. But the live stream works great, so who knows? I think watching the PPVs live for the price you pay is a good value. Those shows aren't worth the $50 something you would pay without the network but the PPVs are certainly worth about ten bucks.

Apple TV, live stream works 90% of the time but on demand sucks.

Plus I want it remember what I watched and where I stopped at, a feature that still hasn't been updated.

John The Drummer
05-19-2014, 01:13 PM
RAW is in the UK tonight. I'm reading the live results and it sounds like a good one. Gotta love that crowd :lol:

XDoomsayerX
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Alicia Fox is the most attractive diva right now and she is just straight up awesome. :party: :drool: :lol:

MPF
05-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Vine is fucked, buddy

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201405/wwe-ceo-vince-mcmahon-loses-350-million-third-his-fortune-one-day

adamclark52
05-19-2014, 06:54 PM
I think he'll be fine.

BloodoftheKings
05-19-2014, 07:36 PM
The crowd was good but Raw was awful tonight, just like it's been for the past month. Only one hour in it already felt like 3 hours had gone by. Payback is shaping up to be a pretty forgettable ppv. I have zero interest in anything but the Shield/Evolution rematch.

It was cool to see Action Bronson right behind the commentary table the whole night. I'm surprised they made no mention of him.

XDoomsayerX
05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
The crowd was good but Raw was awful tonight, just like it's been for the past month. Only one hour in it already felt like 3 hours had gone by. Payback is shaping up to be a pretty forgettable ppv. I have zero interest in anything but the Shield/Evolution rematch.

It was cool to see Action Bronson right behind the commentary table the whole night. I'm surprised they made no mention of him.

Hmmm I thought it was an enjoyable show well what I saw. Rollins/Batista and Cena/Harper were solid matches and Beat the Clock was fun.

The Shield vs. Evolution No Holds Barred Elimination match
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt Last Man Standing match
Bad News Barrett (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

Payback looks solid to me. Prob will add these to it:

Paige vs Fox Divas Title
Swag vs Rose
Sheamus vs Cesaro US Title

XDoomsayerX
05-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Also Ambrose needs more mic time dude is pure gold!

John The Drummer
05-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Payback seems like a very strong card, IMO :rocker:. Throw in a good tag team match and we'll be set! I missed RAW last night, but looking forward to the replay/highlight videos. Hope there is some "Dark footage" that arises. I guess Adam Rose and Barrett took center stage and got HUGE pops :)

Side note, I won "Best of RAW: After The Show" on Ebay for under $10. I am SO STOKED to watch it!

marker
05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Poor Vince. He is only worth around 750 million now. You know he's pissed about not being a billionaire now.

Sanitarium78
05-20-2014, 07:27 PM
People seem to be confused over Vince's $350 million loss. It's not like once the stock dropped $350 million suddenly disappeared from his bank account. In reality he loses nothing unless he sells his stock right now. He still has all the money in the world. Now that's a ton of money to lose in one day weather it's real or not but truth be told the WWE will be just fine. Weather it's live events, TV revenue, merchandise, the network, PPVs or whatever else they're involved in, the company is always making money somewhere. The stock will bounce back at some point and Vince will probably be considered a billionaire again at some point down the road.

MPF
05-20-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't follow what's currently going on in wrestling, but I cam across this and it gave me quite a bit of a chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMKGm0pgwY&feature=player_embedded#at=143

Sanitarium78
05-21-2014, 05:05 AM
I don't follow what's currently going on in wrestling, but I cam across this and it gave me quite a bit of a chuckle:

Those fans are morons. CM Punk is the one who quit and walked out on them. If the WWE had it their way, he would still be performing. Chanting his name does nothing but show how dumb they are. Punk didn't want to wrestle anymore, chanting for him isn't going to change his mind. The guy is done, get over it and move on. I would love to see him come back but I know it's not happening.

JRA
05-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Those fans are morons. CM Punk is the one who quit and walked out on them. If the WWE had it their way, he would still be performing. Chanting his name does nothing but show how dumb they are. Punk didn't want to wrestle anymore, chanting for him isn't going to change his mind. The guy is done, get over it and move on. I would love to see him come back but I know it's not happening.

Agreed, it was cool maybe up to Wrestlemania at the latest, but now its like, guys, he's gone. Get over it.

Honestly WWE would be smarter to just leave them in because like you said, the fans look stupider that way.

dcmetal108
05-21-2014, 08:33 AM
Punk is done for good. Local newspaper here in Chicago had one of his friends write a article about how over he is with it and how he wishes people would leave him alone and stop camping out by his house always :lol:

He also was here at a cubs game Saturday with AJ Lee and they are getting married next month.

John The Drummer
05-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Bo Dallas made his "debut" at he taping of SmackDown last night against... YOU GUESSED IT, Sin Cara -__-

Nater
05-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Bo Dallas made his "debut" at he taping of SmackDown last night against... YOU GUESSED IT, Sin Cara -__-

Nothing makes you look better then wrestling a guy who squashed Damian Sandow 3 weeks in a row in under a minute. >_>

adamclark52
05-21-2014, 09:18 AM

Ahh, I haven't heard the "Smackdown cheer" since I stopped watching Smackdown eight years ago.

Sanitarium78
05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
You know what proves Punk is never returning? The guy is getting fuckin married. Considering he used to bang any female in the wrestling world that he could, getting married is a dead give away that he's done with the business.

dcmetal108
05-21-2014, 11:02 AM
You know what proves Punk is never returning? The guy is getting fuckin married. Considering he used to bang any female in the wrestling world that he could, getting married is a dead give away that he's done with the business.

I said earlier in the page he is getting married to AJ lol.

I wonder if AJ is leaving WWE as well, current plans have AJ in no upcoming stories and no future ones. they are bringing more divas from NXT as well to give Paige people to face.

adamclark52
05-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Not in the immediate future, but money does run out.

I always say, if Sable can come back ANYONE can come back.

Sanitarium78
05-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Not in the immediate future, but money does run out.

I always say, if Sable can come back ANYONE can come back.

Yeah, money does run out but Punk is one of the fortunate wrestlers who hasn't spent most of what he's made on drugs, booze and surgeries. He's still one of the top merchandise sellers for the WWE. The guy is still making money and probably has a lot saved up. I think that contract he signed in 2011 was very lucrative for him, so I don't believe money is an issue for Punk. If he does come back it will be something like what RVD does with 6 months on then 6 months off. From the things i've read, it seemed he was just too banged up and it was making him miserable. I'm not sure if he ever wants to put himself through that again even with a limited schedule.

JRA
05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah, money does run out but Punk is one of the fortunate wrestlers who hasn't spent most of what he's made on drugs, booze and surgeries. He's still one of the top merchandise sellers for the WWE. The guy is still making money and probably has a lot saved up. I think that contract he signed in 2011 was very lucrative for him, so I don't believe money is an issue for Punk. If he does come back it will be something like what RVD does with 6 months on then 6 months off. From the things i've read, it seemed he was just too banged up and it was making him miserable. I'm not sure if he ever wants to put himself through that again even with a limited schedule.

Actually no he's not. I heard on Steve Austin's podcast that if you walk out like that you stop getting royalty checks.

Sanitarium78
05-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Actually no he's not. I heard on Steve Austin's podcast that if you walk out like that you stop getting royalty checks.

Maybe it was different when Austin walked out. We don't know the circumstances behind why Punk left. He could've reached some agreement with Vince and he's now just sitting out the rest of his contract which expires this summer. There's a reason Punk has been keeping so quiet on this and I think it's because he's still under contract to the company. I believe he's just waiting for it to run out and then he'll finally say something on why he left.

XDoomsayerX
05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Maybe it was different when Austin walked out. We don't know the circumstances behind why Punk left. He could've reached some agreement with Vince and he's now just sitting out the rest of his contract which expires this summer. There's a reason Punk has been keeping so quiet on this and I think it's because he's still under contract to the company. I believe he's just waiting for it to run out and then he'll finally say something on why he left.

That's what I'm most interested in right now, his side of the story.

John The Drummer
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Looks like TNA has their own version of Evolution now.... OOPS SPOILER ALERT

MVP, Bobby Lashley, and some dude named Kenny King. MVP is the Triple H since I guess he plays the role as partial owner or something, Lashley is Batista because he came back and is the powerhouse, and no idea who King is. I really wish TNA would go back to how they were years ago when it was fresh and original.

Sanitarium78
05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
no idea who King is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29rt5iMc7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDivf3vKSM

adamclark52
05-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Looks like TNA has their own version of Evolution now.... OOPS SPOILER ALERT

MVP, Bobby Lashley, and some dude named Kenny King. MVP is the Triple H since I guess he plays the role as partial owner or something, Lashley is Batista because he came back and is the powerhouse, and no idea who King is. I really wish TNA would go back to how they were years ago when it was fresh and original.

(sigh), isn't Dixie Carter playing Stephanie, Eric Young playing D-Bry and there version of the Wyatts there too?

I'd hate to be Eric Young, knowing that he has to break his neck and forfeit the title in a few weeks.

dcmetal108
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
(sigh), isn't Dixie Carter playing Stephanie, Eric Young playing D-Bry and there version of the Wyatts there too?

I'd hate to be Eric Young, knowing that he has to break his neck and forfeit the title in a few weeks.

Can Samoa Joe be Big Show?

And AJ Styles be CM Punk since he isn't there anymore and stuff?

And Christopher Daniels be Christian since they don't use him and the crowd doesn't care?

adamclark52
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM

And Christopher Daniels be Christian since they don't use him and the crowd doesn't care?

I heard Daniels is gone. Him, and AJ Styles are in ROH and Kazarian isn't far behind.

Sanitarium78
05-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Yeah, Daniels and Kaz are gone and will be going back to ROH soon. AJ Styles is now the IWGP world champion in New Japan pro wrestling. So, he leaves TNA and wins the biggest title of his career which should come as no surprise to anybody. I read an interview with Styles where he said the indy shows he was doing in America were drawing more people than the shows in TNA before he left. He said the indy shows really promoted him and it helped bring the people in. I guess TNA really did have a big draw in him and they just didn't know it. TNA is just not the same company without him and they won't survive much longer if they keep going on the path they are now.

John The Drummer
05-22-2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29rt5iMc7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDivf3vKSM
Ah, well he's a more entertaining Orton then :)

I think Austin Aries is more like CM Punk... they are really similar, IMO.

adamclark52
05-22-2014, 11:54 PM
http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/142.jpg

rjturtle9
05-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Speaking of Indy shows, I get to go to PWG tonight! :D

XDoomsayerX
05-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Chris Sabin is also gone, wasnt he the champ not so long ago.

Wonder if Aries is leaving soon, his talent is too good to not be used.

TNA has Black Evolution, Carnival Wyatts, looks like they'll have to make a Shield team. Prob the Wolves and a powerhouse wrestler, lets see Gunner has long hair and tats like Roman Reigns. :lol:

John The Drummer
05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Chris Sabin is also gone, wasnt he the champ not so long ago.

Wonder if Aries is leaving soon, his talent is too good to not be used.

TNA has Black Evolution, Carnival Wyatts, looks like they'll have to make a Shield team. Prob the Wolves and a powerhouse wrestler, lets see Gunner has long hair and tats like Roman Reigns. :lol:

Don't forget about Eric Young as Daniel Bryan!

adamclark52
05-23-2014, 08:14 PM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/05/scott-hall-checks-local-hospital-released-hours-later/

(sigh) I do feel sorry for this man.

dcmetal108
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/05/scott-hall-checks-local-hospital-released-hours-later/

(sigh) I do feel sorry for this man.

I don't really. Everyone is trying to help him and he's gonna relapse.

300%_Density
05-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Anybod else hear about this? (http://deadspin.com/unedited-unaired-wwe-smackdown-broadcast-leaks-online-1580739646/all)

adamclark52
05-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Anybod else hear about this? (http://deadspin.com/unedited-unaired-wwe-smackdown-broadcast-leaks-online-1580739646/all)

That could be funny to watch. Anyone remember those brutal unedited Hogan promos from Smackdown from around 2002? I saw one of them...whoa.

dcmetal108
05-24-2014, 08:48 AM
That could be funny to watch. Anyone remember those brutal unedited Hogan promos from Smackdown from around 2002? I saw one of them...whoa.

This will be what I watch tonight.

The notes though about the commentators having their own intro music isn't anything new. They've done that for every Raw show I've been to for years.

300%_Density
05-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Found another gem Here (http://www.firstrowsports.li/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html) apparently WWE network streams all the time here. Granted it's not "on demand" but still has WWE programming. Been watching it for about 45 mins. Works great. It also shows Raw & PPVs too. No downloads, all you need is flash.

300%_Density
05-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Of course it freezes when I post the link.

XDoomsayerX
05-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Cesaro vs Sheamus added to Payback.

Cesaro should win then have him feud with BNB unite the titles and boom only 4 titles in the WWE. Bring back Cruiser weight belt then guys like Sin Cara, Tyson Kid, Sami Zayn, Neville, Kalisto,Xavier Woods, Evan Boune(if he ever comes back), Tatsu will have more value. Hell have a tournament just to declare the first champ(Sami Zayn of course would win) and just start from there.

Sanitarium78
05-25-2014, 04:41 PM
I think they will keep the IC and US titles around. There is no way Vince would ever bring back the cruiserweight title since he wouldn't treat it seriously. Just have all those guys fill in the IC and US title scenes instead. Just because a lot of those guys are cruiserweights doesn't mean the title should be brought back. They can be used to make the IC and US titles interesting.

adamclark52
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Fuck the titles, how about just having good matches? I'd rather just watch Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd go for twenty minutes for no reason other than to be awesome.

Sanitarium78
05-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Fuck the titles, how about just having good matches? I'd rather just watch Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd go for twenty minutes for no reason other than to be awesome.

I wouldn't mind that but the fact that Tyson Kidd has zero personality, they need to have something else on the line besides pride to get people interested in his matches. Kidd is challenging for the NXT title next week and that's the most i've been interested in him in years. Putting on good matches only gets you so far if nothing is ever on the line in them.

adamclark52
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't mind that but the fact that Tyson Kidd has zero personality, they need to have something else on the line besides pride to get people interested in his matches. Kidd is challenging for the NXT title next week and that's the most i've been interested in him in years. Putting on good matches only gets you so far if nothing is ever on the line in them.

That's the problem with kids these days.

rjturtle9
05-25-2014, 07:22 PM
That's the problem with kids these days.

Exactly. I don't even watch for the story lines. I dvr it then skip right to the wrestling, and maybe some main event storyline stuff. What WWE needs to do is Olsen up the wrestling restrictions. You can watch any Daniel Bryan, Zayn, Neville, Rollins, Ambrose, Kalisco, Crow, Cesaro Indy match and it shits all over what they do on WWE. Let the wrestlers wrestle! I guarantee WWE would be a hell of a lot stronger if they put their main focus on the wrestling. They're movies are usually shit, Total Divas and Legends House are just as shitty as every other reality tv show from MTV or VH1, they're storylines are flat out ridiculous sometimes, (they're getting better with that in places). Just stick to the wrasslin!

Also, please no cruserweight title. The United States title should do it justice. They have the perfect amount of belts. What they need to work on is the belt designs. Aside from the US and IC title, those belts look horrible.

BloodoftheKings
05-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Hell have a tournament just to declare the first champ(Sami Zayn of course would win) and just start from there.

I have a better idea. Have Hornswoggle come out with the belt stating that he never really lost it and is issuing an open challenge.

In all seriousness, I don't think they should bring back the cruiserweight title unless they're really committed to taking it seriously. There's been a handful of great cruiserweight matches in WWE but for the most part they treated the cruiserweights like male divas.

Sanitarium78
05-26-2014, 05:36 AM
Exactly. I don't even watch for the story lines. I dvr it then skip right to the wrestling, and maybe some main event storyline stuff. What WWE needs to do is Olsen up the wrestling restrictions. You can watch any Daniel Bryan, Zayn, Neville, Rollins, Ambrose, Kalisco, Crow, Cesaro Indy match and it shits all over what they do on WWE. Let the wrestlers wrestle! I guarantee WWE would be a hell of a lot stronger if they put their main focus on the wrestling. They're movies are usually shit, Total Divas and Legends House are just as shitty as every other reality tv show from MTV or VH1, they're storylines are flat out ridiculous sometimes, (they're getting better with that in places). Just stick to the wrasslin!

Also, please no cruserweight title. The United States title should do it justice. They have the perfect amount of belts. What they need to work on is the belt designs. Aside from the US and IC title, those belts look horrible.

The thing is the WWE has to make money and the only way they can do that is to have storylines and big personalities to get people interested. If the guys can go in the ring then that's just an added bonus. I love watching guys having a great match in the ring for no reason but the business has always been built on larger than life personas to get people to watch. As for ridiculous storylines, this is pro wrestling, what else do you expect?

Yeah, the US and IC title designs are good but the rest, especially the awful tag titles need a new look. For the world title they need to keep the big gold belt and toss the other cartoon looking one. While it's not the exact same design, that belt still has a lot of lineage because you think of guys like Flair and Sting who carried the belt. You also think of some of the great WWE guys who have held it like Triple H, Edge and Undertaker. To me, that's goes a long way in making a title important when you can look at the belt and remember all the legendary guys who've held it.

rjturtle9
05-26-2014, 09:25 AM
The thing is the WWE has to make money and the only way they can do that is to have storylines and big personalities to get people interested. If the guys can go in the ring then that's just an added bonus. I love watching guys having a great match in the ring for no reason but the business has always been built on larger than life personas to get people to watch. As for ridiculous storylines, this is pro wrestling, what else do you expect?

Yeah, the US and IC title designs are good but the rest, especially the awful tag titles need a new look. For the world title they need to keep the big gold belt and toss the other cartoon looking one. While it's not the exact same design, that belt still has a lot of lineage because you think of guys like Flair and Sting who carried the belt. You also think of some of the great WWE guys who have held it like Triple H, Edge and Undertaker. To me, that's goes a long way in making a title important when you can look at the belt and remember all the legendary guys who've held it.

Well yeah, they have to have good stories, but some of the shit the writers come up with is garbage, stupid, and sometimes flat out offensive. There are many promotions in Japan that aren't that colorful with the story lines and still get good audiences because they treat their matches like legit fights like in MMA or Boxing. Believe me, when the wrestling gets good, the story lines will take a backseat. Even the children and women who don't know what the hell is up will eat it up, and the whole "wrestling is fake" talk will slowly fade. I have many friends that hate pro wrestling because of how cheesy and fake it is, but I show them one PWG, DragonGate, Evolve, NJPW, or NOAH match and they lose their shit. If WWE upped their talent, their in ring action, and treated their matches like legit contests their cred will be through the roof. Throw in some good story lines and boom! Perfection. But Vince is too busy with his body builders, and models, and midgets so whatever.

As far as the belt stuff, I agree 100%! Don't forget the Divas trampstamp looking belt. That's just degrading.

adamclark52
05-26-2014, 09:38 AM
I'd keep the World Heavyweight title over the WWE one. Even back in the glory days the WWF belt wasn't very impressive, whereas the WCW belt looked like a championship belt.

But didn't they spend some ridiculous amount on the new WWE belt? Don't expect that to go away anytime soon. And hey, at least the thing doesn't spin.

rjturtle9
05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
WCW had the best belt designs from that era. Every belt design was great. Their United States belt still remains my favorite design of any mainstream promotion (the current IC is second) and their tag titles were beautiful!

Maideneer
05-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Just filmed this sucker off my tv, it was too good to not post.

youtu.be/njU2knJxyYQ

XDoomsayerX
05-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Well yeah, they have to have good stories, but some of the shit the writers come up with is garbage, stupid, and sometimes flat out offensive. There are many promotions in Japan that aren't that colorful with the story lines and still get good audiences because they treat their matches like legit fights like in MMA or Boxing. Believe me, when the wrestling gets good, the story lines will take a backseat. Even the children and women who don't know what the hell is up will eat it up, and the whole "wrestling is fake" talk will slowly fade. I have many friends that hate pro wrestling because of how cheesy and fake it is, but I show them one PWG, DragonGate, Evolve, NJPW, or NOAH match and they lose their shit. If WWE upped their talent, their in ring action, and treated their matches like legit contests their cred will be through the roof. Throw in some good story lines and boom! Perfection. But Vince is too busy with his body builders, and models, and midgets so whatever.

As far as the belt stuff, I agree 100%! Don't forget the Divas trampstamp looking belt. That's just degrading.

Agree cuz UFC has shit promos and their tale of the tape is usually boring. Storylines have to exist but just do them right. I'm not against comedy in wrestling wither but cmon we dont need to see Hornswoggle vs El Torito in hair vs mask match.

That being said, Payback looks like a solid card. Sheamus vs Cesaro should be given 15mins at least so they can put on a clinic.

rjturtle9
05-27-2014, 12:05 AM
El Torito is actually pretty cool to be honest. Way better than Los Matadores.

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Alicia Fox's new character is LULZ beyond LULZ. Absolute gold, probably won't last very long, but jesus christ, :lol:

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
ANd other random things I noticed while watching RAW...

- Zack Ryder is pretty good in the ring, even if its a squash match against Rusev.
- Big E vs Rusev could make a good powerhouse rivalry, probably not too entertaining, but still good.
- Bo Dallas is a goofball, I hope he is able to get more heat from the crowd and hope his gimmick works in the "major league". If anything just have him join the Wyatt family... never realized how much him and Bray look alike (yes I know, they're brothers)
- Adam Rose is great, its sad he will probably just be another Zack Ryder/Sin Cara/3MB/etc, but hes fun to watch.

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
ONE MORE TING

I feel bad for Damien Sandow... playing stupid characters now :( Such a waste.

300%_Density
05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
WWE losing a lot of $ in 2014 (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Interesting_Stat_on_How_Much_Money_WWE_Is_Losing_T his_Year_What_They_Originally_Expected.html)
Wow. Only WCW in 2000 (yuck) lost more in a year previously.

adamclark52
05-27-2014, 06:15 PM
WWE losing a lot of $ in 2014 (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Interesting_Stat_on_How_Much_Money_WWE_Is_Losing_T his_Year_What_They_Originally_Expected.html)
Wow. Only WCW in 2000 (yuck) lost more in a year previously.

Good. Maybe a huge loss will kick them in ass and get them to forget all their outside ventures and stick with what brought them to the top (actual wrestling).

Sanitarium78
05-27-2014, 08:19 PM
It's now time for The Airing Of The Grievances:

RVD is challenging for the IC title and Cesaro for the US title at Payback, so why the hell did they wrestle each other on RAW and why did RVD lose? Have him beat someone who isn't on the Payback card and make RVD look like a strong challenger to Barrett by getting a win. Instead they make him look like a dope by getting pinned when Barrett barely interfered in the match. Cesaro could've gotten a win over Kofi Kingston or Ziggler, two guys who aren't doing jack shit right now. The same with Alicia Fox, Emma has nothing going for her and it made no sense for her to beat Alicia Fox. How are fans supposed to take title matches seriously if the challengers are jobbed out before they get their title shot?

Sheamus/Barrett are scheduled for a match on Smackdown this week. Champion vs Champion matches should be something important and not just thrown away on a random show. They shouldn't be facing each other anyways since they're defending their titles this Sunday and neither one of them should be losing on the show before that.

Cole and Lawler are flat out insulting the fans intelligence when they say the reason so many are cheering for Bray Wyatt is because they're brainwashed by him. It makes them look like idiots and they're telling the fans they're simpleminded people who can't choose for themselves who they want to cheer or boo.

How the fuck is Jack Swagger not the US champion? The guy has the perfect gimmick for it, yet he's gonna job to comedy guy Adam Rose at Payback instead of doing something meaningful. Swagger as US champ with Zeb on the mic has potential to be something great.

This shit with Damien Sandow needs to stop. The guy had a great character when he first started. He has charisma, he can talk and is solid in the ring, yet somehow he's a comedy jobber now? At the very least he should be a challenger for the US title.

I can't believe this El Torito/Hornswoggle feud is still going. The match at Extreme Rules was fine but this garbage has gone on too long.

adamclark52
05-27-2014, 08:41 PM
It's now time for The Airing Of The Grievances:

...Payback card and make RVD look like a strong challenger to Barrett by getting a win. Instead they make him look like a dope by getting pinned when...

Tee-hee

But yeah, the WWE is still far from perfect. It's just not total shit like the days of Raw guest hosts and Rock as champion. So it seems better, but it's not. For every good thing they have there are still ten bad things.

BloodoftheKings
05-27-2014, 09:07 PM
How the fuck is Jack Swagger not the US champion? The guy has the perfect gimmick for it, yet he's gonna job to comedy guy Adam Rose at Payback instead of doing something meaningful. Swagger as US champ with Zeb on the mic has potential to be something great.

I almost hate to say it because he is a good hand in the ring, but I find Swagger very boring. I think the best thing to do with him would be to introduce a new Real American and put them back in the tag division.

XDoomsayerX
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
With the WWE Title not being defended as much possibly due to the D-Bry injury, they need to really focus on US Title and Intercontinental title.

Agree with the BNB/Sheamus bout comment, that should happen at a PPV.

Also Fox losing makes it seem like Emma should get her contender's match.

Damien Sandow as D-sizzle I can dig that :lol:

Also it seems obvious Wyatt will lose to John Cena :/

NXT Takeover this Thursday though! :party:

rjturtle9
05-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Good. Maybe a huge loss will kick them in ass and get them to forget all their outside ventures and stick with what brought them to the top (actual wrestling).

That's what I've been saying!

(everything he said)

Too be honest, I haven't watched WWE in about a month, since before Extreme Rules, so I'm not really up to date with fueds/new gimmicks, but from the sounds of things, I have to agree with pretty much everything you said. Although, even though her gimmick is horrible and humiliating, Emma has actual talent. They need more women like her, Nattie, Paige, and Bayley in the WWE. Women can wrassle too, Vince. They aren't just for tits and ass. (although it is a nice bonus, amirite?)

Sanitarium78
05-28-2014, 08:55 AM
I almost hate to say it because he is a good hand in the ring, but I find Swagger very boring. I think the best thing to do with him would be to introduce a new Real American and put them back in the tag division.

This is why they need to use Zeb's great mic skills more. Swagger doesn't have the personality but he has the in ring talent. Zeb can help elevate Swagger more than I think Vince realises.

Too be honest, I haven't watched WWE in about a month, since before Extreme Rules, so I'm not really up to date with fueds/new gimmicks, but from the sounds of things, I have to agree with pretty much everything you said. Although, even though her gimmick is horrible and humiliating, Emma has actual talent. They need more women like her, Nattie, Paige, and Bayley in the WWE. Women can wrassle too, Vince. They aren't just for tits and ass. (although it is a nice bonus, amirite?)

Emma is talented and I think at some point she will be Divas champ. She didn't need the win on RAW as much as Alicia did though. Women's wrestling will never main event a big show or anything but they can still book the division as a nice mid card, special attraction. They proved with AJ Lee that if they invest time into developing a character that a female can get over pretty good today. I just don't think Vince is willing to invest that kind of time into all the ladies on the roster.

NXT has done a great job of building up their women's division and giving everyone a personality. But once they get called up to the main roster they will just be kind of there like Emma and Paige are right now. I know Paige is the champion but that doesn't change the fact that she has no gimmick at all currently. Emma's gimmick got over big in NXT so I don't blame them for trying it on the main stage. They just aren't doing enough with her for it to get over.

John The Drummer
05-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Apparently Swagger and Rose have a match on SmackDown.... so..... that "big" build up will just come to an end on a normal show? Wow... way to pull the rug out from every body....

adamclark52
05-28-2014, 09:09 AM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/05/wwe-network-possibly-airing-ads-jr-boxing-videos/

:lol: I'm not laughing at JR.

XDoomsayerX
05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DycBZpphT84

We'll never see a LMS match like that again. Also Flair was ready to die in the ring damn all those bumps man. :eek:

adamclark52
05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DycBZpphT84

We'll never see a LMS match like that again. Also Flair was ready to die in the ring damn all those bumps man. :eek:

I've never seen that one. Is there a link to the whole match?

XDoomsayerX
05-28-2014, 10:59 AM
I've never seen that one. Is there a link to the whole match?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjloY4ZR6F0

Yup!

adamclark52
05-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Yup!

I'm gonna have to watch this one this weekend.

JRA
05-28-2014, 11:58 AM

No, they'll just blame it on having an undersized guy as their champion and go even further in outside ventures.

John The Drummer
05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Info on the new Paul Heyman DVD coming out, might be pretty interesting!

DISC 1

Survivor
Photographer
Promoter
Manager
Memphis
AWA
WCW
ECW
Team Mentality
Rebels
Commentator
Writer
OVW
New ECW
Businessman
Father
Return to WWE
Embracing the Moment

DISC 2

Paul E. is always in contact
AWA Championship Wrestling • August 1987

Pink Suspenders
AWA Superstars • August 1987

I'll Be Johnny Carson
AWA Championship Wrestling • August 1987

Danger Zone with Ted E. Bear
AWA Championship Wrestling • September 1987

You want to be a Cartoon?
AWA All Star Wrestling • September 1987

If Excitement Had a Name
AWA Superstars • September 1987

More Publicity
AWA Championship Wrestling • September 1987

Adrian Adonis
AWA All Star Wrestling • October 1987

The Definition of Pro Wrestling
AWA Superstars • November 1987

The Sequel Jim Cornette
NWA Pro Wrestling • October 1988

Nobody Wanted Paul E.
World Championship Wrestling • November 1988

Louisville Slugger
NWA Pro Wrestling • December 1988

The Year of Paul E. Dangerously
World Championship Wrestling • January 1989

Danger Zone with Ric Flair
World Championship Wrestling • March 1989

I'm So Handsome
NWA Main Event • March 1989

I Don't Have Wrestlers I Have Animals
World Wide Wrestling • March 1989

Ding Dong Who is it?
NWA Main Event • July 1989

The Era of the Dangerous Alliance
World Championship Wrestling • September 1989

Sting's Doll
Power Hour • May 1991

Save Us from Captain Oklahoma
World Championship Wrestling • November 1991

The Dangerous Alliance
World Championship Wrestling • November 1991

The Paul E. Awards
World Wide Wrestling • February 1992

The Ultimatum is at Hand
Pro Wrestling • April 1992

A New Dangerous Alliance
ECW Hardcore TV • October 1993

WCW Wants Sabu
ECW Hardcore TV • June 1994

Wrestler and Violence
ECW Hardcore TV • July 1994

Winds of Change
ECW Hardcore TV • November 1994

Cash Rules Everything
ECW Hardcore TV • December 1994

Best Damn Wrestling You've Ever Seen
ECW Hardcore TV • January 1995

There Ain't No Organization Like ECW
ECW • February 1996

ECW Comes to Pay-Per-View
ECW • February 1997

We Cleared Cablevision!
ECW • March 1998

The Card Has Changed
ECW Guilty As Charged • January 1999

The War Has Just Begun
ECW on TNN • June 2000

DISC 3

Paul Heyman Hates Mr. McMahon's Stinkin' Guts
SmackDown • November 15, 2001

Introducing: "The Next Big Thing"
RAW • April 8, 2002

Paul Heyman, Mr. McMahon & Eric Bischoff All Share One Ring
RAW • May 23, 2005

Paul Heyman Thanks the ECW Faithful
ECW One Night Stand • 12 June 2005

The Resurrection of ECW
ECW One Night Stand • June 11, 2006

From the Bingo Hall to the Garden
ECW • September 12, 2006

Mr. McMahon Gives Paul Heyman a Performance Review
RAW • January 28, 2013

Paul Heyman Gives CM Punk His Resignation
RAW • February 11, 2013

It's Clobbering Time for CM Punk
RAW • July 15, 2013

Volcano
RAW • October 21, 2013

Paul Heyman Drops a Pipe Bomb
RAW • March 3, 2014

The Original Midnight Express vs. The New Midnight Express
Main Event • January 21, 1989

Hardy Boyz vs. Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman
Judgment Day • May 19, 2002

No Disqualification Handicap Elimination Match
CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman
Night of Champions • September 15, 2013

adamclark52
05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
They should have put his debut on Raw in 2001 on it, that was pretty monumental. And the stuff from when the ECW guys got involved in the WCW Invasion...up until when the new owner of ECW came out. That's still my most hated moment in the history of wrestling.

I love Paul Heyman, but a three disc DVD of promos really is not interesting to me. But he deserves it.

John The Drummer
05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
They should have put his debut on Raw in 2001 on it, that was pretty monumental. And the stuff from when the ECW guys got involved in the WCW Invasion...up until when the new owner of ECW came out. That's still my most hated moment in the history of wrestling.

I love Paul Heyman, but a three disc DVD of promos really is not interesting to me. But he deserves it.

I'm pretty sure they will work that into the documentary portion of the set some how. I think they did that with CM Punk's "Pipe Bomb" in his DVD, I think.... (been a while since I've watched it)

XDoomsayerX
05-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Who watched NXT Takeover? Heard it had 3 MOTY candidates! :eek:

adamclark52
05-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Yup!

So let me get this straight; they gave that away for free? :tp: Oh TNA, you...fucking morons.

It was a good match but I'll be honest; I have seen better Last Man Standing matches. The big problem with this one was the pacing. And the big reason for that is because it was on free TV. If they had of been given twenty-five minutes there would've been some good down-time. Instead it was spot after spot after spot. They just didn't have the time they needed so they had to pull out everything they had and not let it sink in before they had to move on to the next spot.

And another problem I have is that it's in TNA. I really don't enjoy watching former WWE/F talents in TNA because it always just seems like a copycat act on TNA's part. And I'm really not a big fan of watching any post-Wrestlemania XXIV matches of Flair because I felt that send-off was so beautiful. That he kept going afterwards is disrespectful to that moment.

But, it still was a great match. It was probably better than their "I Quit" match at Summerslam 2006. I didn't care too much for the ending of this match (Flair got up, Hebner should have stopped counting) but the ending of that I Quit match with Melina (who I loathed) was bad. That match never got off it's feet, this one ran too fast. And I agree, you won't see a match like this in todays WWE.

But why put this on free TV three days before Bound For Glory?

(If you're asking what I think a better Last Man Standing match was...one that pops into mind was Triple H verses Shawn Micheals at Royal Rumble 2004.)

John The Drummer
05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Who watched NXT Takeover? Heard it had 3 MOTY candidates! :eek:

I wanted to watch it... but no WWE Network, yet. NXT would be my main reason to subscribe :)

Been watching the Best of Raw: After The Show DVD and it just so fucking entertaining. The Triple H/Ric Flair vs HBK/Orton match was so funny.... except for the part where Flair's ass is exposed for far too long :lol:

XDoomsayerX
05-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Everything this dude said

Pretty much just a spotfest lol But yeah point being we won't be getting brutal matches like this were the stipulations actually add a sense of danger to the match. I hope Cena/Wyatt put on a good match at Payback but we'll see. Really just want him to win on his own like when he beat D-bry at the Rumble told the family to go to the back.

adamclark52
05-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Pretty much just a spotfest lol But yeah point being we won't be getting brutal matches like this were the stipulations actually add a sense of danger to the match. I hope Cena/Wyatt put on a good match at Payback but we'll see. Really just want him to win on his own like when he beat D-bry at the Rumble told the family to go to the back.

Yeah. Sometimes you do get something totally unexpected; like the Randy Orton verses Mick Foley match from Backlash 2004. I NEVER expected Orton to go into the tacks. But that was a different WWE then; I expected someone to go into the tacks. Someone named Mick Foley.

In 2014's WWE you'll never get a match like any of those.

Also, in that Flair/Foley match the editing of the "holy shit" chants was hilarious. I just can't fathom how stupid TNA was to give that away for free when the actual PPV wasn't that great from what I've read. And was three days later. I wouldn't say it's Goldberg/Hogan for free stupid, but it's pretty damn stupid.

dcmetal108
06-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Ill be at the PPV tonight

adamclark52
06-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Ill be at the PPV tonight

Not to burst your bubble; but you do know who's one hundred and fifty million percent not going to be there?

John The Drummer
06-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Not to burst your bubble; but you do know who's one hundred and fifty million percent not going to be there?

Goldberg!

MPF
06-01-2014, 10:52 AM
The Brooklyn Brawler?

Sanitarium78
06-01-2014, 11:33 AM
He has to be talking about Road Warrior Animal or D'lo Brown. They're from Chicago.

adamclark52
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Nope, Paul Christy. He's been happily retired for twenty four years.

On a related note: I heard from a VERY reliable source (with over FOUR years of WWE experience and winner of the 2011 Tri-City Legend of Zelda look-alike contest) that CM Punk was seen walking his dog near a park which could have been Melrose Park, which is VERY CLOSE to the Allstate Arena. So he's there! He's coming out tonight to confront Daniel Bryan and take his WWE Championship and drop a pipe-bomb the size of Hiroshima.

Nater
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM
This PPV has been awesome so far. Sheamus/Cesaro was a great opener and the Last Man standing match was nuts and most of the best stuff wasn't even from Cena/Bray

dcmetal108
06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
:lol: I fully accept and am fine with no more punk but all the punk chants piss me off now.

Also Heyman and Steph saying something about Punk was funny.

Evolution v shield was FUCKING NUTS!

adamclark52
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm going to say the same thing I said about Al Jourgensen in the latest Ministry thread: fuck CM Punk.

I don't care how unhappy you are in your job or how much you hate it. You don't just walk out if you don't get your way. I work in a job where I see people I know are idiots get promoted because they're family members or buddies with someone in power. I think everyone works in a job where that happens. That's called "life". You don't just walk away from it. You deal with it. Let them suffer, let them fail. In the end as long as it isn't affecting you directly who cares? Especially if you're under contract. You sign a contract you should honor it. And if you want to break that contract you go about the proper ways between both parties to do so.

The only way I'll stop saying "fuck CM Punk" is if he does come out and say he had a dehibilitating injury. Then I will understand, fell bad and forgive him. But if he's just being a whinny bitch that was pissed because he's so good (which he is) and bozos came in and were handed titles and Wrestlemania main events: deal with it. Fuck CM Punk. Get over it/him.

Hey, aren't CM Punk and Al Jourgensen both from Chicago?

Nater
06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
:lol: I fully accept and am fine with no more punk but all the punk chants piss me off now.

Also Heyman and Steph saying something about Punk was funny.

Evolution v shield was FUCKING NUTS!

That match was like the final days of Jesus with Reigns. He took a fuckinb beating

dcmetal108
06-01-2014, 09:56 PM
That match was like the final days of Jesus with Reigns. He took a fuckinb beating

He did and like I was telling the people around me, when Cena was hitting / being hit with anything it didn't make a sound. When HHH was beating them with chairs and shit you could hear a loud clank of the chair hitting them throughout the arena.

BloodoftheKings
06-01-2014, 10:30 PM
I hate to be a Negative Nancy but I thought that was a very mediocre ppv. Even Shield v. Evolution bored me. It just felt like a not as good version of their Extreme Rules match.

John The Drummer
06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Hey guys, I heard they are taping Raw tonight in a city on the Eastern Side of the United States. CM Punk lives in Chicago, he was also seen through his window watching TV and drinking Pepsi. HE'S GOING TO COME BACK ON RAW TONIGHT AND BE THE 5TH MEMBER OF THE NEW STABLE THEY'RE FORMING WITH CURRENTLY UNNAMED WRESTLERS.

adamclark52
06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, I heard they are taping Raw tonight in a city on the Eastern Side of the United States. CM Punk lives in Chicago, he was also seen through his window watching TV and drinking Pepsi. HE'S GOING TO COME BACK ON RAW TONIGHT AND BE THE 5TH MEMBER OF THE NEW STABLE THEY'RE FORMING WITH CURRENTLY UNNAMED WRESTLERS.

PIPE BOMB

John The Drummer
06-02-2014, 02:37 PM
CM PUNK LOST A BET AND HAD TO WEAR AN LA KINGS JERSEY WHEN THE BLACKHAWKS LOST!!!!! THAT IS 10000234823489897% PROOF THAT HE WILL RETURN BY WRESTLEMANIA XIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christen
06-02-2014, 04:25 PM
I actually really enjoyed Sheamus vs. Cesaro.

Maideneer
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
How is breaking up the Shield best for business? Stay tuned...

adamclark52
06-02-2014, 09:10 PM
How is breaking up the Shield best for business? Stay tuned...

Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But I wasn't too high on them as faces anyway. I just hope when their internal feud is done we don't end up with Dean Ambrose wrestling in stupid pants on Superstars (before disappearing), Seth Rollins going back to NXT (before getting released) and Roman Reigns getting fed go Cena (then getting sent to NXT for retooling and getting released.

You can say it won't happen but I've seen them fuck so many good guys up. I know at least one will get fucked by the end of this year (I think it'll be Ambrose). Let's start a death pool on that one.

XDoomsayerX
06-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But I wasn't too high on them as faces anyway. I just hope when their internal feud is done we don't end up with Dean Ambrose wrestling in stupid pants on Superstars (before disappearing), Seth Rollins going back to NXT (before getting released) and Roman Reigns getting fed go Cena (then getting sent to NXT for retooling and getting released.

You can say it won't happen but I've seen them fuck so many good guys up. I know at least one will get fucked by the end of this year (I think it'll be Ambrose). Let's start a death pool on that one.

This makes me a sad panda. But yeah they can easily fuck up with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Both these dudes can be main eventers, same with Bray Wyatt. But seeing what they did with Wyatt at Payback gives small hope:(

Also it felt too soon for a Shield split, we'll see how this unfolds. As long as Dean gets more mic time this will overall be a win lol

Sanitarium78
06-03-2014, 05:00 AM
One of the dumbest booking decisions I've seen in a very long time. The Shield's feud with Evolution and the two big wins they had against them were erased when they turned Rollins heel for no damn reason. They had an awesome match at Payback and then they turn around and say that match meant nothing and you wasted your time enjoying it by turning Rollins and breaking up The Shield. The other fucked up thing is that Rollins is a natural face and Ambrose is a natural heel, so you have them playing roles that don't cater to their strengths. Fucking stupid WWE logic.

I don't care what explanation they come up with. The Shield proved to be the dominate faction and Evolution ended up being the losers, why the hell would Rollins join them? They could've definitely got more out of The Shield as faces. They could've got the tag titles again, half the crowd hates The Usos now anyways due tho their association with Cena. So, it wouldn't have hurt their standing as faces. Then whoever the singles wrestler was could've got the IC title. There was more mileage to be had by this group and certainly more money to be made. Now the WWE just fucked it all up.

How is their money to be made with the Rollins turn? He doesn't fit in with HHH and Orton. They could've brought someone else in to take Batista's place and kept The Shield together and that would've been fine. But this was illogical and a swerve just for the sake of it. It gives you the feeling that Vince Russo is booking again.

Maideneer
06-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Maybe Rollins will say "I'm sowwy" to the guys and all will be forgiven. Are they angling for a Big Boss Man later years type role for Rollins? An enforcer/bodyguard gimmick for the boss?

Perhaps the Shield will recruit a new one into the ranks? Someone whose career is at a complete standstill might work, but not for someone totally unbelievable like a Sin Cara. They need like a Christian who is much better as a heel anyway and could actually act the part, although he's injured and older now and probably wouldn't last for a long while.

Or they could go the "heavy recruitment" angle and incorporate multiple upon multiple people into the Shield for all those who "want in" to make a stand against the Authority. Picking off jobbers one by one into the ranks would certainly dilute the importance of the Shield for sure, but it might make for a good stop-gap measure while they figure out what else to do with this shambles of a story.

XDoomsayerX
06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Sami Zayn should join the Shield.

Either way this all just to build Seth Rollins then he will turn on Evolution but agree I thought The Shield was about to become a powerhouse and win some titles again.

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Sami Zayn should join the Shield.

He wouldn't fit at all.

I don't think anyone should join the Shield. Just have Reigns and Ambrose remain partners for a little while and let the whole thing just naturally dissolve.

John The Drummer
06-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Haven't kept up very well with WWE lately, but damn, breaking up the Shield is SO LAME! First they ended the streak, and now they broke apart a member of one of the best Factions, and just things in general, that they have going for them!

Maybe they can rework it and just have Rollins be a "mole" and get involved in Evolution to help get The Shield some title matches or something... I DUNNO. Just stupid.

John The Drummer
06-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Just read that The Ascension is most likely going to be called up to the main roster VERY soon... you see, if WWE HAD to have a member of The Shield defect, it should have been Reigns, it'd make the most sense since he and 'Tista were the last in the Rumble together, and that could draw a lot more story than just "Hey guyz, i'm Seth Rollins Imma join your klan! lol", and then kept The Shield as Ambrose and Rollins. Those two against The Ascension would be a GREAT match, IMO.

Sanitarium78
06-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Just read that The Ascension is most likely going to be called up to the main roster VERY soon... you see, if WWE HAD to have a member of The Shield defect, it should have been Reigns, it'd make the most sense since he and 'Tista were the last in the Rumble together, and that could draw a lot more story than just "Hey guyz, i'm Seth Rollins Imma join your klan! lol", and then kept The Shield as Ambrose and Rollins. Those two against The Ascension would be a GREAT match, IMO.

Great match? The Ascension are awful in the ring. Ambrose and Reigns might be able to carry those guys to something passable but that's it. If Cesaro and Bryan teamed up i'm not even sure they could get anything more than an average match out of The Ascension. Once you get past the cool music and entrance there's nothing to them.

dcmetal108
06-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm hoping Rollings turns on Trips and Orton or something similar to how Byrant turned on Wyatts

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Great match? The Ascension are awful in the ring. Ambrose and Reigns might be able to carry those guys to something passable but that's it. If Cesaro and Bryan teamed up i'm not even sure they could get anything more than an average match out of The Ascension. Once you get past the cool music and entrance there's nothing to them.

The Ascension had a pretty solid match tornado tag match with Hunico & Camacho back in November.

It's pretty funny how the Ascension got over. People started doing the YAH chants to make fun of Konnor and had so much fun with it that the Full Sail crowd now likes the Ascension ironically.

John The Drummer
06-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Sure have a good thing giong for them :tongue:

According to the WOLVERINEKILLS of wrestling, the reason they split Rollins from the Shield was becasue Vince thought it'd help ratings.

So yes... start to break up one of the best things you have going for you to improve ratings :lol:

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Weekly TNA bash (although this one isn't their fault): it seems they can't stop copying the WWE, although instead of having a champion who's injured and can't compete they have a challenger who's in a wheelchair (who by all accounts was probably going to win).

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/06/mvp-injury-update-tna-facing-major-problems-slammiversary/

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 11:21 AM

According to the WOLVERINEKILLS of wrestling, the reason they split Rollins from the Shield was becasue Vince thought it'd help ratings.

So yes... start to break up one of the best things you have going for you to improve ratings :lol:

Strange, Vince usually would've turned the muscle (Roman Reigns) since he loves masturbating over big, golialth heels.

Sanitarium78
06-05-2014, 11:45 AM

Who's the WOLVERINEKILLS of wrestling?

I doubt that's the reason why he split them up. If it is then it's really time for him to go. How is splitting up the hottest group you have in the company and having one of them join the group they just beat two months in a row increase ratings? Especially, when there was no build up to the turn and it didn't make any sense. The money was still in the Shield staying together, especially with Bryan out they could've used the group to help headline shows until he was healthy enough to come back. No one would argue that along with Bryan and Cena, The Shield were the most over faces on the roster. When your top face goes down to injury, you don't turn another top face heel. They should pick up the slack until your top guy is ready to return.

Vince is a great promoter, marketer and creative person. But I sometimes wonder how good of a business man he really is with some of the boneheaded decisions he's made over the years.

John The Drummer
06-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Wrestlezone.com :)
I love that site, go to it daily, but a lot of the articles they post are a bit ridiculous...

"DID NXT CAUSE A LOSS OF VIEWERSHIP FOR TNA"
- There is no proof that NXT caused any loss of viewership for TNA

Things like that.... and I keep seeing the name Dave Meltzer or something like that thrown aroudn on there, guess he is THEE Wolverinekills of the Wrestling World :lol:

AND ALL THE GODDAMN STING ARTICLES!!! It's almost as bad as the constant "WHEN WILL CM PUNK RETURN!?" Articles :mad:

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Wasn't there some guy named "Raja" a few years ago that was notorious for posting ridiculous stuff on his website?

Sanitarium78
06-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Wasn't there some guy named "Raja" a few years ago that was notorious for posting ridiculous stuff on his website?

That was a long time ago, back during the monday night wars there were tons of sites out there claiming to have "news & rumors" that would post the most ridiculous things as being true or about to be true. Rajah was not the worst offender when it it came to that though. That was one of the first sites I regularly went to for wrestling stuff and I don't recall it ever being that bad back then. The site is still around now and what they report on is the same as most of the other sites.

adamclark52
06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
That was a long time ago, back during the monday night wars there were tons of sites out there claiming to have "news & rumors" that would post the most ridiculous things as being true or about to be true. Rajah was not the worst offender when it it came to that though. That was one of the first sites I regularly went to for wrestling stuff and I don't recall it ever being that bad back then. The site is still around now and what they report on is the same as most of the other sites.

I''ve never actually been. I've just heard and read a lot of shit about the guy/site. But that was probably a few peoples opinions.

I've been loyal to twnpnews.com for YEARS. They're pretty good but there have to be millions of sites reporting the same shit.

Sanitarium78
06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I''ve never actually been. I've just heard and read a lot of shit about the guy/site. But that was probably a few peoples opinions.

I've been loyal to twnpnews.com for YEARS. They're pretty good but there have to be millions of sites reporting the same shit.

Much like everything on the internet back in the mid to late 90s, it was hard to tell what sites were good and what ones weren't. The ones that were bullshit ended up dying and the decent ones stuck around for a while or are still going today. All of the garbage sites I think have been weeded out for the most part by now.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Things like that.... and I keep seeing the name Dave Meltzer or something like that thrown aroudn on there, guess he is THEE Wolverinekills of the Wrestling World :lol:

Yeah, he's the guy. Meltzer runs wrestling observer which gets a lot of actual inside info, wrestlezone post a lot of nonsense. I heard back in 2011 they were saying the main event of Survivor Series was going to be Cena, The Rock, Triple H, The Undertaker, and Steve Austin v. Awesome Truth and few other heels.

John The Drummer
06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
steveswrestling.com was my go to back in the day. Lots of random info (ECW entrance music, wrestlers past identities, etc), news, spoilers, updates, and a great forum community! Think that was the first forum/discussion board I ever joined, still talk to some of those guys to this day! :D

John The Drummer
06-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Watching WWE Ladder Match 2: Crash & Burn, and WOW, John Morrison vs Sheamus was a GREAT much! I miss Morrison so much, he was so entertaining, especially in the MNM tag team!

adamclark52
06-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I was watching some more of the Goldberg set with my sons today. Even though WCW was still bringing in some large crowds towards the end of 2000 there's such an air of sadness watching those shows.

It's so different from TNA and their crowds of a few hundred today. It's odd watching a company that still has thousands of people in the stands yet there's this foreboding sense of no one (in the ring or the crowd) caring.

But we watched some matches from late-1998 and damn, I really miss that era of WCW. It fell SO FAST.

dcmetal108
06-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I heard that the last TNA live taping sold just over 200 tickets.

XDoomsayerX
06-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Evan Bourne should comeback and rejuvenate his career with Justin Gabriel as a tag team in NXT.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Evan Bourne should just come back, period! Hasn't he been gone over two years?

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 08:36 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::grim::lol::lol::lol ::lol:

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/06/tna-stadium-event-draws-less-300-fans-photos-crowd/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nater
06-07-2014, 08:37 AM

http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/06/tna-stadium-event-draws-less-300-fans-photos-crowd/

I've been to small indy shows that draw bigger crowds then that. It's hilarious

John The Drummer
06-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Evan Bourne should comeback and rejuvenate his career with Justin Gabriel as a tag team in NXT.

Evan Bourne should just come back, period! Hasn't he been gone over two years?

THIS TIMES INFINITY! I heard in a recent article that he was eager to come back, and soon. Saw his Money In The Bank performance the other day, JEBUS! I know a lot of people just say his matches were just a spot-fest, but even so, he could entertain!

Sanitarium78
06-07-2014, 04:13 PM

That is pretty damn sad but at the same time where the hell is Bowie, Maryland? That's a big part of TNA's problem, they book these small in the middle of nowhere towns because they're cheaper. That's one big reason why people don't come besides their lack of marketing.

TNA is coming to my "area" next month. They'll be in the city of Jamestown (population around 30,000) which is about an hour drive south of Buffalo. Jamestown is located just a little bit before the Pennsylvania border. The closest major metropolitan areas to it are Buffalo and probably Erie, Pa which is about an hour south of Jamestown. How do they think people are gonna get to these shows? If you don't drive, you sure as hell aren't gonna catch a bus or get a cab there and back unless you're some kind of superfan. I have a car and I wouldn't drive that far to see them. If they found a place in Buffalo or a high school gym in a suburb close by then I would go.

I don't know how many of you listen to Jericho's podcast but last week he had Bully Ray on and the newest one is with AJ Styles. All the stuff we complain about with TNA is the same things those two say are wrong with the company.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 05:02 PM
That is pretty damn sad but at the same time where the hell is Bowie, Maryland? That's a big part of TNA's problem, they book these small in the middle of nowhere towns because they're cheaper. That's one big reason why people don't come besides their lack of marketing.

TNA is coming to my "area" next month. They'll be in the city of Jamestown (population around 30,000) which is about an hour drive south of Buffalo. Jamestown is located just a little bit before the Pennsylvania border. The closest major metropolitan areas to it are Buffalo and probably Erie, Pa which is about an hour south of Jamestown. How do they think people are gonna get to these shows? If you don't drive, you sure as hell aren't gonna catch a bus or get a cab there and back unless you're some kind of superfan. I have a car and I wouldn't drive that far to see them. If they found a place in Buffalo or a high school gym in a suburb close by then I would go.

I don't know how many of you listen to Jericho's podcast but last week he had Bully Ray on and the newest one is with AJ Styles. All the stuff we complain about with TNA is the same things those two say are wrong with the company.

I think everyone with a quarter of a brain for wrestling knows the problems TNA has and how they could be fixed. Unfortunately, Dixie doesn't have a quarter of a brain for wrestling.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't know how this happened but my mom gave me a late birthday present today and it was a blueray I didn't even know existed called Best of In Your House (1995 - 1999). I liked the In Your House era (terrible characters but some really good matches) but I have no idea how she came across it. I guess I put it on my amazon.ca wishlist? It looks like a pretty good set.

So if anyone else wants to surprise me I'm really interested in that new War Games DVD, the Wrestlemania XXX blueray or anything else that's older WCW.

You can PM me for my personal address. Even though it's June I'll accept early Christmas presents.

XDoomsayerX
06-07-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't know how this happened but my mom gave me a late birthday present today and it was a blueray I didn't even know existed called Best of In Your House (1995 - 1999). I liked the In Your House era (terrible characters but some really good matches) but I have no idea how she came across it. I guess I put it on my amazon.ca wishlist? It looks like a pretty good set.

So if anyone else wants to surprise me I'm really interested in that new War Games DVD, the Wrestlemania XXX blueray or anything else that's older WCW.

You can PM me for my personal address. Even though it's June I'll accept early Christmas presents.

This made me chuckle.

Anyhow agree with John, just saw Bourne in MITB match, dude needs to return and put clinics on in NXT. Also with that Morrison comment John made, dude was a great midcarder.

Anyhow this how The Shield stuff should go down. Seth joined Evolution only cuz HHH offered to put him in the MiTB match and thus the heel turn makes some sense. Ziggler joins The Shield while they feud with Evolution. Boom war games at Survivor Series new Shield loses then dissolves and ultimately have HHH vs Reigns and Seth vs Ambrose :drool: while this all occurs. Apparently Rollins/Ambrose in FCW was quality.

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh my god! You guys can give Jerry Lawler (current day) as much shit as you want, but Jerry Lawler circa 1995 was so awesome. At the beginning of Shawn Micheals verses Jeff Jarrett at some In Your House pay per view he had the best line when they showed some skank cheering for Shawn Micheals:

"Whoa, what's her hobby? Stepping on rakes?"

FUCKING GOLD!

adamclark52
06-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Wow, for a set I didn't even know I wanted this In Your House collection is great. I made it through the first five matches tonight and three were awesome (Bret Hart verses Hyabusa, Shawn Micheals verses Jeff Jarrett and Bret Hart verses the British Bulldog), one was good (Razor Ramon verses Dean Douglas) and the last was important just for history's sake (Hunter Hurst Helmsely verses Henry Godwin in the Pig Pen Match). Plus, Todd Pentingill came back to do in-between match commentary and completely poke fun at himself.

I didn't know I wanted this but now I recommend it. Highly.

dcmetal108
06-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Wow, for a set I didn't even know I wanted this In Your House collection is great. I made it through the first five matches tonight and three were awesome (Bret Hart verses Hyabusa, Shawn Micheals verses Jeff Jarrett and Bret Hart verses the British Bulldog), one was good (Razor Ramon verses Dean Douglas) and the last was important just for history's sake (Hunter Hurst Helmsely verses Henry Godwin in the Pig Pen Match). Plus, Todd Pentingill came back to do in-between match commentary and completely poke fun at himself.

I didn't know I wanted this but now I recommend it. Highly.

Yeah it came out around a year ago. Amazing boxset. Bought it day of release since In Your House might be my favorite strain of PPVs

300%_Density
06-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I cheated and downloaded the torrent for all the IYH PPVs. I've only watched from '97 through '99. I'm looking forward to the older ones. I'm sure some are bad in that period but it'll be fun nonetheless.

John The Drummer
06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Just read that D-Bry hasn't been medically cleared for MITB so he will ilkely be giving his title up tonight on RAW :(

It sucks, but its also good that they aren't going to John Cena him and make him stay injured by coming back too soon.

John The Drummer
06-09-2014, 01:22 PM
LMFAO! I love how any time Sting is just briefly mentioned its all "OMG HE MUST BE WWE BOUND OMG OMG OGM!" Yes, hes obviously involved in some way with himself being the Ultimate Warrior documentary, but come on...

There was a story that some company that has VERY LOOSE ties with WWE was looking for an orchestra and a Sting body double, so WrestleZone immediately stated that it was for a promo video for Sting to be used some time down the road.

A couple hours later they updated the story saying that it was IN FACT going to be used for the documentary they are releasing, and possibly other things down the road.

And then a couple hors later they once again updated it with saying it doesn't have anything to do with WWE at all and was for an outside company.

I'm no longer reading any articles with Sting in the title... and if I do, it'll be for the lulz
:bouville:

Sanitarium78
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
In case anyone missed the Dean Ambrose promo from RAW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXpJm5UMDE

This guy is awesome. He does all the little things right to which just makes him that much better.

XDoomsayerX
06-10-2014, 09:50 PM
In case anyone missed the Dean Ambrose promo from RAW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXpJm5UMDE

This guy is awesome. He does all the little things right to which just makes him that much better.

Dude is just a god on the mic.

Spoilers for Samckdown this Friday follow:

Dean loses to Bray in a MiTB qualifier due to Seth interference can't wait to hear what Dean has to say and hopefully we get a Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match :drool:

adamclark52
06-10-2014, 10:02 PM
So is it one hundred percent that Daniel Bryan isn't champion anymore or will it carry on to next week?

BloodoftheKings
06-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Dude is just a god on the mic.

Spoilers for Samckdown this Friday follow:

Dean loses to Bray in a MiTB qualifier due to Seth interference can't wait to hear what Dean has to say and hopefully we get a Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match :drool:

I'm glad they're putting some protection on Ambrose and showing that he's a guy that can beat Bray Wyatt. I feared they might bury him once the Shield broke up.

So is it one hundred percent that Daniel Bryan isn't champion anymore or will it carry on to next week?

Yeah, they have it listed as vacant on the website.

John The Drummer
06-11-2014, 08:14 AM
That Reigns/Ambrose/Rollins triple threat match in NXT/FCW (forgot which one) was GOOD STUFF! I can only imagine how great Ambrose vs Rollins would be after they've improved their skills since coming to the main roster! It sucks they split the Shield, as I said, but I bet we will get some GREAT matches out of it! I may tune into Smackdown, or at least watch a replay later on of the Wyatt/Ambrose match, I am sure that that will deliver! :rocker:

rjturtle9
06-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Bret Hart verses Hyabusa

This is a real thing?! I must watch this ASAP! :drool:

adamclark52
06-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Ah see I may have the name wrong. You're probably thinking of the Hayabusa that wrestled Ron Van Dam and Sabu at Heatwave 1998? But it's actually his partner from that same match (Jensi Suzuki, the guy with the tattoos) who wrestled in the WWF briefly under the same name (or a similar name). I know, confusing.

But it's a great match regardless.

adamclark52
06-12-2014, 01:01 AM

Yeah, I got the names wrong. I always get Hayabusa mixed up with "Hakushi", who was Hayabusa's tag-team partner Jinsei Shinzaki at Heatwave '98. He wasn't a crazy high-flyer like Hayabusa. More of a mat wrestler. A Japanese Bret Hart really, so the two styles complimented each other well. He was in the WWF for probably less than a year and had that one good match with Bret, then floated around.

So the match was HAKUSHI verses Bret Hart. Not Hayabusa, sorry to get your hopes up. But it's really worth watching.

Sanitarium78
06-12-2014, 08:25 AM
The WWE is cleaning house, the following have been released today:

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

It's been a long time since they've done a bunch of releases like this. None of them we're doing anything, so at least they'll be able to go some place else and actually perform now. I'm guessing TNA picks up a few of them.

John The Drummer
06-12-2014, 08:56 AM

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

It's been a long time since they've done a bunch of releases like this. None of them we're doing anything, so at least they'll be able to go some place else and actually perform now. I'm guessing TNA picks up a few of them.

Dang! Im actually quite shocked by these :eyes:

adamclark52
06-12-2014, 08:57 AM

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu

I'd say the only shock there is Theodore Long. I don't know what he was doing...but c'mon.