PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

BloodoftheKings
04-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Using the same system as doomsayer.

The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans (Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

I like Cesaro as much as the next guy but the sooner he gets a singles push the better.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H Singles match for the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat match

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar Singles match

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but I think this will end with Bray getting a dirty win.

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal 30-man battle royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy Alexander Rusev

I don't care who wins.

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational 14-Diva single-fall match for the WWE Divas Championship AJ Lee Emma

I know there's no chance Emma is winning. Of the divas who realistically could win I'd be fine with AJ, Tamina, or Naomi. No Bellas please.

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)

John The Drummer
04-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Just my predictions...

The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans(Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. TBD Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H Singles match for the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat match

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar Singles match

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal [Note 1] 30-man battle royal for
the André the Giant Memorial Trophy
Big Show

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational[Note 2] 14-Diva single-fall match for the WWE Divas Championship
Tamina

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)
- I don't want this to happen, but with the way WWE has been goin.......

Sanitarium78
04-05-2014, 01:27 PM
I can't believe that I didn't think of this before but my brother mentioned to me that he thinks The Shield will help Bryan win the belt. It actually makes sense if you think about it. They're faces now and a big part of their gimmick is to right the injustices they see in the WWE. What bigger injustice has there been in the company than Bryan getting screwed by the authority since Summerslam? HHH, Kane and maybe even the Outlaws try to interfere in the title match and screw Bryan but The Shield comes down and fights them off. This allows the match to end cleanly with Bryan winning the title. I'm not sure if the WWE is creative enough to think something like that up and go through with it, but it does make sense and would be pretty cool way to end the show.

rjturtle9
04-05-2014, 01:39 PM
You all might think I'm crazy, but I would love for HHH to walk out as champ tomorrow. And this is coming from someone who knows Daniel Bryan is the best in the WWE at he moment, and who thinks HHH is over rated. Yep, come at me bros! :boxer:

Sanitarium78
04-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Wrestlemania predictions:

Usos retain their belts
Bryan over HHH
The Shield over Kane/Outlaws
AJ Lee keeps her belt in the divas clusterfuck.
Bray Wyatt over Cena (Bray NEEDS the win, a loss doesn't hurt Cena)
Big Show wins the battle royal
Taker over Brock
Bryan over Borton and Bootista to win the WWE championship

Kind of sad that this will be a four hour show with only seven matches since they bumped the tag title match to the pre-show. I don't get how there isn't room on the main card for it? That's why the last several wrestlemanias have sucked, too many video packages, advertisements, live musical performances, various other bullshit and not enough in ring action. I guess that's the norm for the show now unfortunately.

JRA
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I can't believe that I didn't think of this before but my brother mentioned to me that he thinks The Shield will help Bryan win the belt. It actually makes sense if you think about it. They're faces now and a big part of their gimmick is to right the injustices they see in the WWE. What bigger injustice has there been in the company than Bryan getting screwed by the authority since Summerslam? HHH, Kane and maybe even the Outlaws try to interfere in the title match and screw Bryan but The Shield comes down and fights them off. This allows the match to end cleanly with Bryan winning the title. I'm not sure if the WWE is creative enough to think something like that up and go through with it, but it does make sense and would be pretty cool way to end the show.

I think interference from either side would be a horrible idea. It would make all three competitors look week and do you really want run-ins on a triple threat match on a big show?

XDoomsayerX
04-05-2014, 02:39 PM
You all might think I'm crazy, but I would love for HHH to walk out as champ tomorrow. And this is coming from someone who knows Daniel Bryan is the best in the WWE at he moment, and who thinks HHH is over rated. Yep, come at me bros! :boxer:

I think it would be the greatest troll and heat of all time. Only if HHH wins via not burying D-bry though would this work. Who knows maybe D-bry loses in 18 seconds again.

Wrestlemania predictions:

Usos retain their belts
Bryan over HHH
The Shield over Kane/Outlaws
AJ Lee keeps her belt in the divas clusterfuck.
Bray Wyatt over Cena (Bray NEEDS the win, a loss doesn't hurt Cena)
Big Show wins the battle royal
Taker over Brock
Bryan over Borton and Bootista to win the WWE championship

Kind of sad that this will be a four hour show with only seven matches since they bumped the tag title match to the pre-show. I don't get how there isn't room on the main card for it? That's why the last several wrestlemanias have sucked, too many video packages, advertisements, live musical performances, various other bullshit and not enough in ring action. I guess that's the norm for the show now unfortunately.

Lots of these matches can be quality given 15+ mins. But instead 2 matches will even go 15+mins :/

adamclark52
04-05-2014, 05:28 PM
I'll give it a go:

The Shield vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws

Fatal Four-Way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans(Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The Miz

Singles match for the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat match
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
No Prediction, not going to jinx it

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational for the WWE Divas Championship
AJ Lee

Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. TBD
Whoever wins the Triple H verses Daniel Bryan match will win

Everything is resting on the shoulders of the Daniel Bryan match(es). Those right there will be the only deciding factor for many people if this is a GREAT Wrestlemania or a TERRIBLE Wrestlemania. The Undertaker-Brock match should have happened in 2009. The Wyatts are great and it's nice to see Cena take a back-seat but I really don't care. I really don't care about the four-way tag match outside of Antonio Cesaro. The Battle Royal will be fun but all the wrong people will go over. The Divas match I could give a fuck about. The Shield are great but I don't like them as faces. The same could be said about their opponents; I prefer all three of them *as* faces.

Hopefully we get some decent surprises from days gone past. And I'm not talking about Piper or Hacksaw. I want Stone Cold (who I guess is going to be there). The Rock would've been nice for a cameo.

John The Drummer
04-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Sooooooooooo, If I were to... say... do the one week free subscription right now... would I be able to watch WrestleMania for free?

BloodoftheKings
04-05-2014, 09:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a7DywO6.jpg

Christen
04-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Sooooooooooo, If I were to... say... do the one week free subscription right now... would I be able to watch WrestleMania for free?

They ended the free trial for that very reason.

Sanitarium78
04-06-2014, 12:31 PM
So, since they haven't actually tested how their network will hold up with all the traffic of people watching a PPV can bring to their servers, especially the viewers for something as big as mania. I can't be the only one who does trust the network live feed to not fuck up tonight, right?

PVH5150
04-06-2014, 12:38 PM
So, since they haven't actually tested how their network will hold up with all the traffic of people watching a PPV can bring to their servers, especially the viewers for something as big as mania. I can't be the only one who does trust the network live feed to not fuck up tonight, right?

I can imagine a bunch of people were watching the HOF ceremony last night and I had zero problems.

John The Drummer
04-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Trolling, or legit.... we will soon find out!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/466705-sting-teases-a-wrestlemania-31-match-during-wrestlecon-today-video

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 04:09 PM
It's been 2 mins and Hogan f'd up. Oh well. Stone Cold!!!!

John The Drummer
04-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Triple H wishes he could rip of Mortal Kombat as good as Glacier did :lol:

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Triple H wishes he could rip of Mortal Kombat as good as Glacier did :lol:

Finish him!

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 05:09 PM
DB is in the main event. Trips and Stephanie's attack after doesn't bode well for Bryan, though.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 05:16 PM
PPV squash just happened.

Also D-Bry is gonna lose in the main event :/

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 05:16 PM
DB is in the main event. Trips and Stephanie's attack after doesn't bode well for Bryan, though.

Nah. A good sign. He can play the wounded hero who came back against all odds to win the title. That's the best thing that could have happened to him.

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Nah. A good sign. He can play the wounded hero who came back against all odds to win the title. That's the best thing that could have happened to him.

I hope you're right.

Battle Royale is a bit ridiculous :lol:

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 05:26 PM
I hope you're right.

Battle Royale is a bit ridiculous :lol:

Just building the drama.

It kinda sucks. But it was a sweet elimination on Mysterio. That Kofi non elimination was great I wonder why that isn't done more in battle royals.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I just marked out when Cesaro beasted Big Show. That was a dope ass spot.

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Cesaro recreates WM3. Amazing pick up and well deserved. I feel SO bad for the Shield...every entrance was rushed and so was the match. Terrible match too because they gave them 17 seconds to start/fight/end.

Good opener but so far Cesaro is killing it!

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 05:36 PM
The audio feed in the theater I'm in is really quite. It killed the momentum of the intro and the first match. I went to the bathroom and missed the entire second match. The Battle Royal was nothing special. A good person won though. The intro was funny. I was glad Vince didn't come out. Too much Stephanie on camera for the first match. And I thought Ted Dibiase coming in and killing the Legends segment was actually really funny.

The crowd is dead in the theater I'm in and maybe two thirds full.

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Cesaro is in line for a hell of a push now, that was incredible.

Tuning out now for some food/toilet/tea. Will watch Cena vs. Wyatt when I download tomorrow.

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Wyatt's intro was... Amazing.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Was it me or did Rey Mysterio just disappear durning the battle royal? Or did I miss something?

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Man this Cena match is terrible. This has gone on waaaaaaaay to long.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Man this Cena match is terrible. This has gone on waaaaaaaay to long.
:eek:

I thought it was the best match so far. Tag match was fun too. :eyes:

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
:eek:

I thought it was the best match so far. Tag match was fun too. :eyes:

Yeah, I thought it was good. It was just...you know...Cena won.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I thought it was good. It was just...you know...Cena won.

Therefore it sucks, you're right.

But ya Lesnar/Taker. Taker is gonna die for reals y'all.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
But the whole show just feels like any other pay per view.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Therefore it sucks, you're right.

But ya Lesnar/Taker. Taker is gonna die for reals y'all.

I want blood.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Something about the Undertaker with a sun burn just doesn't seem right.

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Something about the Undertaker with a sun burn just doesn't seem right.

It's as wrong as Ric Flair without one.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Holy Fuck

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
W. T. F.

300%_Density
Oh my god.

It's actually over. I have never seen a more stunned crowd.

XDoomsayerX
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT THE FUCK!?!

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Oh my god.

It's actually over. I have never seen a more stunned crowd.

I am speechless. What. The. Fuck.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Terrible March...But holy Fuck.

That has to be the Undertakers last match ever.

dcmetal108
04-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Just started WM and just read Taker lost. I'm sad. he lost to someone who rarely wrestles and will gain nothing from it.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Match was too predictable then F-5 for third time and boom I was like hot damn what the fuuuuck!

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Nothing says merchandise sales like 21-1. Unless this was Takers decision because he wants to retire, this is the stupidest bit of writing I've literally, literally ever seen.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:08 PM
And we follow up one of the biggest moments in Wrestlemania history with...the Divas match.

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM
I feel sorry for the divas. Undertaker actually lost and they have to go out and actually make people care for this.

And also wasn't Piper supposed to be here?

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 07:10 PM

This.

Fuck. Me.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
AJ Lee! Thank god that match was baaaad.

Main Event, time for D-bry to either be awesome or Batista to start an awful title reign.

Sanitarium78
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Once Lesnar got Taker up for the third F5, I knew he was gonna lose. The Undertaker is my favorite of all time and I actually thought he would retire with the streak in tact. But this must be his last match because there's no other explanation for it.

I'm glad Bryan beat HHH and Cesaro won the battle royal in a cool way. Other than that, this has been a boring ass show.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Once Lesnar got Taker up for the third F5, I knew he was gonna lose. The Undertaker is my favorite of all time and I actually thought he would retire with the streak in tact. But this must be his last match because there's no other explanation for it.

I'm glad Bryan beat HHH and Cesaro won the battle royal in a cool way. Other than that, this has been a boring ass show.

This WM has had a lot of good in-ring action, what do you actually want to see? :tp:

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Does Pat Patterson age? The guy looks the same as he did fifteen years ago.

That was actually a good segment.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Looking at the time now you have to figure at least five minutes of entrances. This may be a very short main event.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Everyone tonight who has gotten a unique WM entrance has lost therefore Orton will lose. :lol:

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Does Pat Patterson age? The guy looks the same as he did fifteen years ago.

That was actually a good segment.

Love Pat. I just watched a Raw where him and Brisco were dancin to HBKs music.

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Biggest storyline fail of the ages. Honestly it's tainted this entire event. The girls match wasn't bad it's just that it's not possible to follow the taker match with that outcome. If the girls opened the show the crowd would have been into it.

I'm not sure anyone gives a flip about the main event it was that shocking.

Sanitarium78
04-06-2014, 07:25 PM
This WM has had a lot of good in-ring action, what do you actually want to see? :tp:

How about matches that aren't slow and boring and actually hold your interest until the finish? Bryan and HHH did that for me, no other match tonight has.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Biggest storyline fail of the ages. Honestly it's tainted this entire event. The girls match wasn't bad it's just that it's not possible to follow the taker match with that outcome. If the girls opened the show the crowd would have been into it.

I'm not sure anyone gives a flip about the main event it was that shocking.

It really has sucked the life out of everything. I wonder, should it have closed the show?

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 07:30 PM
It really has sucked the life out of everything. I wonder, should it have closed the show?

No it just shouldn't have happened. Retire undefeated, simple.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:33 PM
No it just shouldn't have happened. Retire undefeated, simple.

Yeah. That or end with 1) a better match and 2) against someone who could use the rub...not Lesnar.

300%_Density
04-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Moral of the story... Keep your entrances short and sweet and you will be successful.

John The Drummer
04-06-2014, 07:54 PM
YES, YES, YES, YES!

Got home from practice just in time to catch D-Bry win!

John The Drummer
04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
WTF BROCK BEAT TAKER!?!?!? WOW :eek:

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 07:59 PM
YES, YES, YES, YES!

Got home from practice just in time to catch D-Bry win!

So you missed the rest if the show? Hate to tell you John, but...

Dextrimental
04-06-2014, 07:59 PM
IT HAPPENED.

What a dramatic PPV - WWE guaranteed this one will be talked about for a long, long time.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, standard was very high through-out in my opinion. Story-telling was ropey in the lead up, but pay-offs certainly were not.

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I like DB but honestly I couldn't care less. I'll watch Raw tomorrow and run out my subscription but seriously, I think I'm done. Taker losing was just plain ludicrous. No thanks.

XDoomsayerX
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Bray vs Cena was the funnest match of the night for me.

HHH vs D-bry, Triple Threat, and Tag Team were all good too.

Lesnar/Taker, The Shield and Battle Royal were aight but had some cool and shocking moments and spots.

Only thing that sucked was the divas match but the right chica won so it's all good.

Really enjoyed this WM. Shocking moments, really good wrestling, and young talent being given the spotlight(The Shield,Cesaro,D-bry,Usos, Wyatt still looked good in his match and I believe his feud with Cena will continue). For those that didn't dig it, to each their own.

dcmetal108
04-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I like DB but honestly I couldn't care less. I'll watch Raw tomorrow and run out my subscription but seriously, I think I'm done. Taker losing was just plain ludicrous. No thanks.

I get Taker but DB is the biggest guy they've had in a long time.

Maideneer
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
That's great and all but Taker losing to a part timer is so over the top stupid, its flat out unforgivable and it overrides any positive aspect of any match tonight.

JRA
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Let's be real here. Most of you paid to see Bryan walk out with that title. You got it.

dcmetal108
04-06-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't think Taker is done. There was no buildup for this to cause him to never wrestle again. the streak may be broke but he'll at least do one more match as his final one they can hype.

So I'm calling WM 31 Takers final match in a brother vs brother match.

WM 31 - Taker vs Kane. Takers last match. Kane wins,

Sanitarium78
04-06-2014, 08:42 PM
That's great and all but Taker losing to a part timer is so over the top stupid, its flat out unforgivable and it overrides any positive aspect of any match tonight.

Taker is my favorite of all time and i'm not that broken up about it. I'm shocked but not upset since we knew the end was coming for him soon. It's obvious the man is retiring and he did the proper thing all wrestlers do when they have their last match, they put the guy they're facing over. People will whine that he shouldn't have put a part timer over and it should have been someone younger who can benefit more from it but who would that be? That man certainly isn't on the full time roster right now. Lesnar and Cena are the only guys on the roster who can believably beat Taker at mania and one of those guys just did it. This gives more credibility to Lesnar than anything he's done since returning to the WWE. At least Taker lost to a guy that had one of the most legitimate chances of beating him. He didn't let the streak end with some bum beating him. He lost to Brock fucking Lesnar.

Awesome that Daniel Bryan won. I know a lot of fans didn't have faith the WWE would go through with it but I had no doubt it would happen for him tonight. I refused to believe the company could be that blind to how much the fans wanted him as champ. It's nice to see that the fans voice can still be heard if we believe enough in someone.

adamclark52
04-06-2014, 08:51 PM
So now the dust has settled and my head is clear:

- the intro with Hogan was funny when he was screwing up all his lines. Austin coming out is gold no matter what. And the Rock was a nice surprise. I kinda knew in my gut he'd be there. It was a great segment and even though it went for twenty minutes it didn't drag. And I was very glad Vince didn't show up. I really don't need to see him anymore.

- the Daniel Bryan verses Triple H match was a good match. I was very surprised that it kicked off the in-ring action. And the start with Stephanie just standing in the ring was a precursor to how anti-climactic and subdued most of the show was. The audio in the theater I was in was very low for the first bit of the show so that really killed the intro and this match. Stephanie was on-screen way too much but that's to be expected.

- I went out to the bathroom at the beginning of the Shield verses Kane and the New Age Outlaws and by the time I got back it was over. The Shield deserve better.

- The Battle Royal was better than your average Battle Royal. The right person went over. At the same time though to see guys like Ziggler, Sandow and Rhodes reduced to fodder is sad. And can someone just tell me when Rey Mysterio was eliminated because I totally missed it.

- I actually liked the segment with Sgt. Slaughter, Hacksaw, whoever that ref was (I think it was Dany Davis), Ricky Steamboat, Million Dollar Man and Ron Simmons. Most times segments like that fall flat on their faces but the fact that Million Dollar Man came out and pulled the rug out from under their feet was great.

- Bray Wyatt verses John Cena was actually very good. Bray's intro was great and this is the first Wrestlemania I can remember where Cena DIDN'T have some ridiculous, eye-rolling intro. The only problem was that Cena won.

- The Undertaker verses Brock Lesnar match. Wow, that was terrible. I'm going to get lynched when I say this but when Brock pinned him I clapped. I clapped because I was thankful it was over. I haven't really watched the WWE for five years or Wrestlemania either, but I've heard so much about the Undertaker and his show-stealing matches. So I watched this and was wondering where this show-stealing Undertaker was. Because I saw an old, broken down man. That made me sad because Undertaker is one of my all-time favorites. So to see him gassed like that, with sad offense and a terrible Tombstone I was just glad it was over. Now I'll agree that to end the streak to Brock Lesnar was a bad decision. But maybe the Undertaker realized while he was training that he just does not have it anymore. He maybe just realized that this is going to be it. And let's be honest with ourselves guys; even though he's never left the WWE he's wrestled five matches in the last five years. Isn't that a part-timer? I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last match. If it was though it was a very sad ending.

And thank god Paul Heyman has cut that ponytail off.

- The Diva match reminded me of my own Wrestlemania experience at Wrestlemania X8 when the Diva match had to follow Hulk Hogan verses the Rock. But it actually wasn't a bad match and there seemed to be a nice wardrobe malfunction with one of the Funkadactyles completely losing her top. Then getting put into a Tarantula (that move Tajiri always did) non-the-less.

- the Hogan, Piper, Orndorff and Mr. T segment was another instance where things usually would fall on their face but it actually worked very well.

- the Main Event was an okay match. Everyone will agree that the outcome of the Undertaker match completely took the wind out of the sails for everything. I will say one thing. Everyone shits on Randy Orton, and I'm not a huge fan of his either, but that bump he took with the Batistabomb-RKO onto the TV monitor was bad. He was in visible pain and you have to give the guy a lot of credit for getting up and continuing the match. He seriously could have been crippled.

So over all I think it was actually a really good show. It just didn't have that "this is a BIG show" feel to it. Bryan at the end was good but didn't have that feeling as say Benoit and Guerrero at the end of Wrestlemania XX. And it would have been nice to maybe see a few more Legends but I can live without that. For the most part the right people went over (obviously Brock should not, and Wyatt still looked REALLY good), the segments were actually enjoyable to watch, the commentators were actually really good (I'm not a fan of any of the three and they actually did a good job tonight) and most of all: Mr. and Mrs. Stephanie McMahon lost.

3.5 out of 5

MPF
04-06-2014, 11:49 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10155788_10100894355232301_131935860_n.jpg

:lol:

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 03:57 AM
Like I said, if this was Takers decision, I can understand it a little more. I don't agree with it but I'll get it. If it wasn't though, I have to wonder what type of $ they threw at him to get him to lose. Because it doesn't make sense. I was reading twitter last night and no joke, lots of people simply left the arena after that match in disgust. The mood was ruined and it carried all the way to the end, even the DB celebration wasn't what it should be because of it. Going forward let's say Taker isn't done, what's the point or excitement watching another one of his matches? What buildup do they have now? The streak was a thing that kept people talking, engaged, excited, and connected to something. This decision keeps people talking but not in a good way. Years will pass and people will look back on that match and say "what the hell were they thinking?!". 21-1 isn't exactly a merchandise/network/legacy winner either.

Glad Cesaro won, he deserves it.

dcmetal108
04-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Yeah I heard the buzz in the arena was dead all the rest of PPV after Taker.

Also I'm gonna agree with my friend on FB who said that after tonight DB will start his downward spiral. DB took on Steph and HHH multiple times, and still managed to beat Orton and Batista two of their top guys. Whats left for him? he will wil 95% of matches with the other 5% being stuff like tag teams or DQ's.

DB has nothing left to gain now and has been made invincible being able to beat everyone big at the same time.

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Taker is my favorite of all time and i'm not that broken up about it. I'm shocked but not upset since we knew the end was coming for him soon. It's obvious the man is retiring and he did the proper thing all wrestlers do when they have their last match, they put the guy they're facing over. People will whine that he shouldn't have put a part timer over and it should have been someone younger who can benefit more from it but who would that be? That man certainly isn't on the full time roster right now. Lesnar and Cena are the only guys on the roster who can believably beat Taker at mania and one of those guys just did it. This gives more credibility to Lesnar than anything he's done since returning to the WWE. At least Taker lost to a guy that had one of the most legitimate chances of beating him. He didn't let the streak end with some bum beating him. He lost to Brock fucking Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar needs to be put over?! Taker loses to a guy who has no desire to remain in the WWE, does it really for a check, bounces out to UFC or MMA when/if he wants, it's crap. You need another hero or legend to break the streak if at all. Taker gave everything he ever had to WWE and then proceeds to lose to someone who could care less about the company. If Stone Cold waltzed out and broke the streak, we'd all be shocked but we would say GODDAMN what a one hell of a match and he's like the only guy that could do it legitimately. Undertaker passed no torch last night, the match advanced nothing, and it pissed off millions, way to go.

Do you really think Lesnar is more over than he was yesterday morning? If anything it's worse, now we just get to listen to Heyman drone on and on more about this, rubbing it in to all of us.

If he retired undefeated, wouldn't that have been so much better than losing in your last match at Wrestlemania goddamn 30? He looked like he was ready for an EMT anyway, so why not win?!

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Yeah I heard the buzz in the arena was dead all the rest of PPV after Taker.

Also I'm gonna agree with my friend on FB who said that after tonight DB will start his downward spiral. DB took on Steph and HHH multiple times, and still managed to beat Orton and Batista two of their top guys. Whats left for him? he will wil 95% of matches with the other 5% being stuff like tag teams or DQ's.

DB has nothing left to gain now and has been made invincible being able to beat everyone big at the same time.

Cesaro. The man who just deadlifted the Big Show and threw him over the top rope. He's the giant slayer. Him vs. DB would be a great Summer feud. Bryan hasn't beaten Cena one on one yet, and when the Shield disbands there's three contenders for Bryan to take on. He's at the top of a serious push right now, but that's it, he's at the top, so he's the target for other guys to beat.

Sanitarium78
04-07-2014, 05:59 AM
The main reason why i'm OK with Taker losing is because he probably has more control over his character direction than anybody in the WWE not named Triple H. So, if the man himself is good with losing to Lesnar, since it no doubt was his call to do it, then why should we be upset? If Taker deemed Lesnar worthy of ending the streak then i'm good with that. I won't argue with the man and the choice he's made. Lesnar will get massive heat from the crowds for at least a year because of this. So, he will benefit from it. The only problem the WWE has now is you can't have Lesnar lose any more matches by pin or submission. He ended the streak so logically he should be able to beat anyone you put in front of him from now on. I believe Taker is retiring and that's why he decided to end the streak. It was obvious during the match last night the guy doesn't have it anymore.

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 06:34 AM
- The Battle Royal was better than your average Battle Royal. The right person went over. At the same time though to see guys like Ziggler, Sandow and Rhodes reduced to fodder is sad. And can someone just tell me when Rey Mysterio was eliminated because I totally missed it.

By the way, it turned out to be a 31 man battle royal lol.

Mysterio got eliminated when Cesaro countered a 619 and uppercutted him off the apron.

300%_Density
04-07-2014, 07:06 AM
This is just me. How I thought tonight was:

I haven't seen a live ppv on tv since WMXX. Honestly I haven't seen too many Raws in ages. You guys talk new wrestling so I figured yea I'll do WM. I don't know much about the storylines so if someone is upset about a match that's storyline related I won't get it. I'm talking just what I saw as someone who's taking this for what I know.

I found this to be a good WM. I expected awful. Like IX of XI bad. I loved the opening segment w/ 3 legends. Loved it a ton. HHH/Bryan was a real good match. Shield match, idk.... I changed clothes, ran to bathroom and came out and it was over.

Battle Royal was enjoyable for the most part. You kinda figured Show wouldn't win. After he was the only one who had his entrance shown, and how much he was being focused on you knew someone else would win to throw us off. Kofi's non elimination was great. I always wondered why more haven't tried something similar to what he did.

A lot of people seemed to love the Cena/Wyatt match. I just didn't. It seemed slow and a little boring to me. I just couldn't ever get into it. Although Wyatt did have the best intro on the evening. I didn't understand putting Cena over just as most of you said.

Taker/Lesnar... What is there to be said? Having not seen wrestling in awhile, it was sad how little left Taker has. He gave everything that he had, unfortunately there just wasn't a lot left. For what the match lacked in wrestling it was great drama. I kinda wish they didn't use the finishing moves so early on and let it build a little more. I almost typed what Sanitarium said. It's pro wrestling, when you're just about done w/ a great career you put over the other talent. If he loses it should be a big name, I'd have loved a match vs Sting but losing to Sting would have been way worse. At this point there doesn't seem to be a ton of "huge" people he could lose to. If this was 10 years ago there was a lot bigger guys he could have lost to. I think losing to a young guy is risky, you never know about young guys (ahem Nathan Jones WM XIX...) if that young guy ends up flipping then the biggest streak in pro wrestling was wasted on a nobody and makes it look worse. I'm ok w/ Lesnar, he's a huge name that's known not just in wrestling but outside of wrestling which can't be said about a ton of the main event guys. This ups the heat on Lesnar a TON. Everybody is gonna hate him so much more. He elevates Lesnar which is good for business, & giving back to an organization that's done so much for his career. Right move. One of the oddest feelings I've seen at such a huge stadium when he lost. The looks on peoples faces was amazing. Sadly that also sucked the air out of the dome the rest of the night. I was kinda hoping all the guys came out of the back to greet him at the ramp.

Poor divas. Didn't really watch. This was destined to crash after the last match. Adamclark was dead on, it was like the diva match after Hogan/Rock at X8.

The main event just didn't feel "big". At any other ppv I think it's a good match but at Wrestlemania you need to make it feel big and this didn't seem big. Everybody knew Bryan would win. And him winning was the right thing to do. The power bomb/rko was sick and I cringed when I saw Orton land on the monitor. I hope he wasn't seriously hurt bc he very easily could have been.

Having not been up to date on stuff, I enjoyed the ppv as a whole. All I read was this was going to be a huge bomb. I feel it did not & really the opinion is coming down to your feelings on Taker match. Cena match was the only thing I didn't like, but still it wasn't awful to me at all. I loved the legends that were on, opening segment was fantastic. I didn't know The Rock was gonna be there and I loved the genuine laughter when they made fun of Hogam for his Silverdome comment that will now live on forever. I'd agree w/ Adamclark in his rating, this was probably a 6-6.5/10 for me.

300%_Density
04-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Poor Undertaker:

- The Undertaker was taken to a local New Orleans hospital via ambulance after last night's WWE WrestleMania XXX due to the fear that he suffered a concussion and a possible neck injury. The last word was that Taker was expected to remain there overnight for observation.

The apparent injury had no bearing on the finish of the match, which ended exactly as planned. The injury is believed to have happened early in the match when Undertaker took a bad fall off a single leg.

adamclark52
04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
My biggest fear with Daniel Bryan now that he's on top is backlash. You can say that it won't happen but it will. If he's booked like a superhero, on Raw for more than half hour a week, on all the posters and whatnot people will grow to resent him. He's way better than Cena, I won't argue that. But Cena was very hot in 2003/2004 and once he won the belt he was booked like that and look what's happened.

DB is so much more talented and probably more over than Cena was but it could happen.

rjturtle9
04-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Bryan hasn't beaten Cena one on one yet

Summerslam last year.

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Summerslam last year.

Oh yeah, completely forgot because of how he was buried by Randy Orton straight after.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Taker just looked....old in that match. Him losing to Lesnar makes perfect sense. Lesnar is a beast and in a real life fight Lesnar would just kill Taker plus he was the only real option to end the streak aside from SuperCena. Whatever it's pro wrestling I'm cool with it cuz the streak was getting boring as hell to me aside from match quality and it's obvious Taker cannot hang anymore.

D-Bry as champ will be fresh and that's what matters right now. Yeah he'll feud with Orton and Batista and Cena for a bit but imagine if he feuds with Cesaro,The Shield members when they fly solo, maybe guys like Ziggy, Lesnar,Bray Wyatt. These matches will all be clinics.

adamclark52
04-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Taker just looked....old in that match. Him losing to Lesnar makes perfect sense. Lesnar is a beast and in a real life fight Lesnar would just kill Taker plus he was the only real option to end the streak aside from SuperCena. Whatever it's pro wrestling I'm cool with it cuz the streak was getting boring as hell to me aside from match quality and it's obvious Taker cannot hang anymore.

D-Bry as champ will be fresh and that's what matters right now. Yeah he'll feud with Orton and Batista and Cena for a bit but imagine if he feuds with Cesaro,The Shield members when they fly solo, maybe guys like Ziggy, Lesnar,Bray Wyatt. These matches will all be clinics.

That's a point I was going to make too. Rumors had Cena ending the streak at Wrestlemania XXXII (I don't know why then but that's what people were thinking). And did you really want to see that?

Maideneer's reaction to the streak ending the way it did is the exact same as mine would have been if Triple H had of won the D-Bry match. I can't blame him.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
That's a point I was going to make too. Rumors had Cena ending the streak at Wrestlemania XXXII (I don't know why then but that's what people were thinking). And did you really want to see that?

Maideneer's reaction to the streak ending the way it did is the exact same as mine would have been if Triple H had of won the D-Bry match. I can't blame him.

True that. Peeps would've raged like no other.

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I know I'm getting irrational about all this but I simply can't help it. My rage continues on into the Shield match which clocked in at 2 MINUTES 57 SECONDS. That's almost as disgusting as the streak ending. Zero flow to that match, Reigns lion roared every 4 seconds and every finisher under the sun was completed within 45 seconds. I have a feeling the HHH match or the legends intro went over by a lot and the production folks told the next guys hurry hurry hurry get out there, powerbomb, chokeslam, superman punch everyone and leave. The intros were cut quick too, NAO couldn't even get off their full spiel.

And Billy Gunn gets legit injured too which sucks even more.

JRA
04-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah, completely forgot because of how he was buried by Randy Orton straight after.

Oh my fucking God NO! That is not a goddamn burial! I'm so sick of people thinking this. Terry Funk did the same thing to Ric Flair after his last match with Steamboat in 89.

Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble was a burial, Randy Orton cashing in was setting up their next feud.

And as long as Bryan is able to bust out insane submission holds and does a shit ton of interesting spots booking him like a super-hero will be fine.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Oh my fucking God NO! That is not a goddamn burial! I'm so sick of people thinking this. Terry Funk did the same thing to Ric Flair after his last match with Steamboat in 89.

Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble was a burial, Randy Orton cashing in was setting up their next feud.

And as long as Bryan is able to bust out insane submission holds and does a shit ton of interesting spots booking him like a super-hero will be fine.

Thank you! Sandow is a great example of burial when he lost to one handed Cena on hia cash in. Now he loses regularly to Sin Cara.

Also reports are saying that Taker wanted to end the Streak to Lesnar for a while now and that he is done with wrestling. Also dude was rushed to the hospital and may have suffered a concussion.

dcmetal108
04-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Rumors have started that Brock wasn't suppose to win and is now fired :lol:

John The Drummer
04-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I know this isn't much of a comparison, but everyone complaining about 'Taker losing the streak to a "part time guy" isn't say much as 'Taker is only around for WrestleMania season, or other sporadic appearances.

Just sayin....

On that note, I am bummed the streak ended, wish it could have been to Kane or someone he's had a big history with, but if he was wanting it to happen, then more power to him!

adamclark52
04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Undertaker has wrestled five matches in the last five years. If that isn't a part-time guy I don't know what is.

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Rumors have started that Brock wasn't suppose to win and is now fired :lol:

http://huzlers.com/undertaker-losing-wrestlemania-30-mistake-says-wwe-owner-vince-mcmahon-brock-lesnar-changed-script-will-fired/

Never heard of this site.

JRA
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
http://huzlers.com/undertaker-losing-wrestlemania-30-mistake-says-wwe-owner-vince-mcmahon-brock-lesnar-changed-script-will-fired/

Never heard of this site.

The Infernal Combustion of wrestling.

adamclark52
04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I think HUZLERS is Yiddish for "i can't believe these people bought it".

dcmetal108
04-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I think HUZLERS is Yiddish for "i can't believe these people bought it".

I hope people know by putting the laughing emoticon means I don't believe it.

BloodoftheKings
04-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I understand why people are upset, but I'm fine with the end of the streak. It's pretty clear that Taker had nothing left in him and he had Brock go over because it's time for him to retire. I was as shocked as anyone when I saw it, but after thinking it over it makes sense. The only thing I'll complain about is that the match wasn't very good. People have been going off and detailing all these different scenarios that would have been a better ending for the streak but lets be real here, people would be shocked and upset no matter how they did it.

Overall I think this was actually a pretty good WrestleMania. A hundred times better than last year's. I'm really happy about Bryan and Cesaro, I'm not too mad about Cena winning, some of the segments were fun, and that divas match was surprisingly good.

John The Drummer
04-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm really excited to see what happens on RAW tonight, especially after how the crowd hijacked last years Post-WrestleMania RAW :lol:

What would be really nice would be to see Undertaker come down during the inevitable Lesnar/Heyman promo and shake Lesnar's hand.

Maideneer
04-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Raw sign of the night maybe the year:

"I ate Nikki's gumbo & it stunk"

lol

BloodoftheKings
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
That Bo Dallas vignette was gold. I'm actually pretty excited for his re-debut. I hope his gimmick works on the main roster and he still gets heat.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 08:24 PM
That Bo Dallas vignette was gold. I'm actually pretty excited for his re-debut. I hope his gimmick works on the main roster and he still gets heat.

I thought it was a commercial :lol:

Also this crowd was awesome!

Let's see...

Wyatt/Cena feud continues
Evolution reunites and now we got Evolution/Authority vs D-bry/The Shield
RVD and Bad News Barret are wrestling again
Rusev and Paige(:eek:) debuted
Cesaro is a Heyman Guy

Yup I'm digging these storylines.

All we need was a Ziggy and Sting appearance.

BloodoftheKings
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
-That Heyman promo
-Barret actually wrestling and getting massive pop
-Cesaro becoming a Paul Heyman guy
-Paige winning the divas championship
-The Shield at the end

11/10 Raw.

I'm glad Paige is the champion but I'm not sure if I like the way they did it. Paige seemed nervous and AJ didn't help by selling the Paige Turner poorly and making it look like a botch.

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 08:30 PM
-That Heyman promo
-Barret actually wrestling and getting massive pop
-Cesaro becoming a Paul Heyman guy
-Paige winning the divas championship
-The Shield at the end

11/10 Raw.

I'm glad Paige is the champion but I'm not sure if I like the way they did it. Paige seemed nervous and AJ didn't help by selling the Paige Turner poorly and making it look like a botch.

Agreed! really wanted a real wrestling match with Paige winning via a roll-up or something, so it seemed like a fluke thus a feud pursues where AJ Lee and Paige put on clinics. But whatevs this will be better than anything involving Total Divas chicas.

mankvill
04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
6kXckuoAgPY

Should've posted this yesterday.

Maideneer
04-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Not really into this Paige person. Never watch NXT so first I've seen her. She looks like Richmond from IT Crowd. Is that a real finishing move btw?

Sanitarium78
04-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Not really into this Paige person. Never watch NXT so first I've seen her. She looks like Richmond from IT Crowd. Is that a real finishing move btw?

What I didn't like about her debut is the announcers saying Paige wasn't ready for this and she's not in AJ's league. Which is absolute bullshit because Paige can out wrestle AJ any day of the weak. Yes, the "Paige Turner" is her finisher but it was botched a little bit. I'm not sure who's fault it was but normally the move looks tighter and crisper than that. It was a weird transition out of the black widow, here's what the move should look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73e7Kem77-E

Paige also has a cool submission finisher that she just started using:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFh4HOmcLOI

Maideneer
04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
It almost feels like WM30 was the starting point for throwing the book away on all things comfortable and familiar.

Streak done, new women's champ to a rookie, Rusev debut (Lana WOW), new promos for Bo and Rose, Wyatt's dominating, Shield face turn, Orton/Batista looking like a team perhaps, Cesaro a Heyman guy, Vickie Guerrero gone (right?), etc.

That's a lot of changes for 2 days worth of programming. Glad RVD is back, although it looks like his gut has a couple slight more pounds on it.

adamclark52
04-08-2014, 10:27 AM
It almost feels like WM30 was the starting point for throwing the book away on all things comfortable and familiar.

Streak done, new women's champ to a rookie, Rusev debut (Lana WOW), new promos for Bo and Rose, Wyatt's dominating, Shield face turn, Orton/Batista looking like a team perhaps, Cesaro a Heyman guy, Vickie Guerrero gone (right?), etc.

That's a lot of changes for 2 days worth of programming. Glad RVD is back, although it looks like his gut has a couple slight more pounds on it.

Things changed a LOT after Wrestlemania XX so maybe it's just the cycle of things every ten years. Is it a bad thing? New faces, new ideas. I just hope if they have all these new faces the next few Wrestlemanias are a success. I like Cesaro and Wyatt but I can't see them packing eighty thousand into a stadium, not now. If they fall flat then Vince and co. will think that going back to the Batistas and Ortons of the world is the only way to succeed.

Sanitarium78
04-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Yeah, it certainly feels like the start of a new era and it's about damn time. They've been relying on the old stars for far too long, it's nice to see some newer blood getting the chance to be stars now. Now all that's left if for Bray Wyatt to pin Cena and the era is in full swing. It should've happened at mania though. Cena loses nothing if he jobbed to Wyatt, yet Bray would've gained everything from it. Bryan should be the main guy for the next few years and have a couple of good length runs as champion.

dcmetal108
04-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Things changed a LOT after Wrestlemania XX so maybe it's just the cycle of things every ten years. Is it a bad thing? New faces, new ideas. I just hope if they have all these new faces the next few Wrestlemanias are a success. I like Cesaro and Wyatt but I can't see them packing eighty thousand into a stadium, not now. If they fall flat then Vince and co. will think that going back to the Batistas and Ortons of the world is the only way to succeed.

Cesaro and Wyatt are huge. Next to Dbry, Ziggler, and Shield they get the most chants and praise live.

John The Drummer
04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I was really surprised with Bad News Barretts "debut". I know there were a lot of European people at that show, but WOW, that was a pop of a Champion! Barrett vs Cesaro would be a GREAT match, IMO.

XDoomsayerX
04-08-2014, 11:05 AM
I was really surprised with Bad News Barretts "debut". I know there were a lot of European people at that show, but WOW, that was a pop of a Champion! Barrett vs Cesaro would be a GREAT match, IMO.

Barrett is pure gold. Dude has mic and ring skills. Dude's time is now.

Big E has lots of talent too but they dont give the man a mic. Hopefully they start building his title reign better.

Also Dean needs to defend the US title more or just get rid of it, dude never even holds it anymore.

adamclark52
04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Cesaro and Wyatt are huge. Next to Dbry, Ziggler, and Shield they get the most chants and praise live.

From "smart" fans. But a large part of the audience is still "marks". In the theater I was in for Wrestlemania a LARGE part of the crowd was kids under eleven with their dads. Are kids under eleven more likely to pop for an epic Cesaro verses Wyatt match like you and I would, or for John Cena pinning Ziggler?

We're all pretty smart here but a large part of the WWE audience still eats whatever they're fed by the WWE.

Maideneer
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Barrett is pure gold. Dude has mic and ring skills. Dude's time is now.

Agreed x 1000. I loved this guy from moment one. The BNB gimmick is goddamn genius and hysterical. A fucking plus.

Big E has lots of talent too but they dont give the man a mic.

It's because he sounds like a plain jane boring librarian. I could picture Big E selling me a used Nissan Sentra one day. You know, rubbing his hands together, sitting me down at his desk, going over interest rate options. I saw a sign at Raw about a year ago that read "Big E Lameston" and damn they were right.

Also Dean needs to defend the US title more or just get rid of it, dude never even holds it anymore.

Agreed as well. Pointless title reign for an amazing mic worker and a very decent wrestler.

dcmetal108
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
From "smart" fans. But a large part of the audience is still "marks". In the theater I was in for Wrestlemania a LARGE part of the crowd was kids under eleven with their dads. Are kids under eleven more likely to pop for an epic Cesaro verses Wyatt match like you and I would, or for John Cena pinning Ziggler?

We're all pretty smart here but a large part of the WWE audience still eats whatever they're fed by the WWE.

True. Thankfully the Chicago crowds are smart because those 5 I named all get pops. Cena gets booed to death. HHH and Steph get booed. and generally we hate boring and shitty things.

Nick_to_the_face
04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Did someone say Evolution reformed:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sanitarium78
04-08-2014, 09:06 PM
The Ultimate Warrior is dead:(

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

WHAT THE FUCK?????

RIP

BloodoftheKings
04-08-2014, 09:21 PM
This is surreal. He just got inducted and was supposed to appear next week.

This has been an insane few days for pro-wrestling.

300%_Density
04-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Shit bums me out. I was a Hogan guy growing up until I saw the warrior & he was my favorite for a long time. It's crazy he was just on tv days ago.

Just not a long shelf life for pro wrestlers in that era. RIP Warrior. Atleast you got to the HOF in time.

300%_Density
04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
His promo on Raw made it feel like he almost knew the end was coming. It's an eerie interview if you watch it now. Maybe he'd been fighting an illness, or worse it was something else. Just speculating, what a crazy 3 days it's been.

Edit:

- TMZ is reporting the following:

"Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead."

MPF
04-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Undertaker loses at Wrestlemania and the Ultimate Warrior dies.

My childhood is fucked! :(

GWAR654
04-08-2014, 10:42 PM
This just destroys me. His speech he gave last night made it seem like he knew he was going to die. Just glad him and Vince made up so he made it to the HOF where he deserved it. RIP

adamclark52
04-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Wow, that's just terrible and surreal. I was never a huge fan of his growing up but I still don't want to hear this. He did have some solid matches.

I can't say he looked "good" at Wrestlemania weekend. He looked like an older wrestler. But I thought his coming out at Raw was odd. So you really have to wonder if they knew this was coming all along and that's what got the ball rolling with him and Vince burying the hatchet.

Regardless, very sad. RIP Warrior.

Maideneer
04-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Can't believe Warrior is gone. Literally can't. He had his 2 girls on stage with him at HOF, this is so sad! He was moving slow and he was winded and all that, ok fine, but he looked in reasonably good health and now this. Did he want to make peace with everything before he went? Sometimes people know they are going to go and they want to bury the hatchet, a feeling none of us can understand until we are there.

He was working towards building up such good will and he was applauded so much at HOF & Raw, so what does he do? Fuckin' heel turn. Like a boss.

RIP Warrior.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others; It makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized." - Warrior, Monday Night Raw, April 7, 2014

Maideneer
04-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Looking back on it now, I have to really think he knew his time was done and needed that chance to make things right. When he introduced his wife at the HOF show (which WWE Network has taken down right now), she was in complete tears. That quote I put above says a lot. He wasn't breathing right, something was off.

I'm just blown away.

ravenheart
04-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Haven't cared about the soap opera of wrestling for 20 years, but this still sucks. Loved Warrior as a kid. Him and Savage both gone now :(

Maideneer
04-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Haven't cared about the soap opera of wrestling for 20 years, but this still sucks. Loved Warrior as a kid. Him and Savage both gone now :(

And Rick Rude, and Owen, and Mr. Perfect, Andre, Big Bossman, Hawk, Crash Holly, Miss Elizabeth, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Captain Lou, Gorilla, Test, Crush, Benoit *ahem*, Sensational Sherri, Bam Bam Bigelow, Earthquake, Doink, Paul Bearer, and scores and scores of others. Terrible.

Maideneer
04-09-2014, 05:44 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2014/04/Diary/day6/Diary_04062014rf_0407.jpg

ravenheart
04-09-2014, 06:21 AM
In all the pictures I've seen of him, I thought he looked quite good!

Sanitarium78
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
In all the pictures I've seen of him, I thought he looked quite good!

I thought he did to. But that doesn't change the fact that any of us could go at any time.

I don't think I buy the theory floating around that he may have been sick and knew he was gonna go soon because the timing of his death just seems to perfect for that. Him getting all this done with the WWE, being in the latest video game, recording a new DVD set for them and getting into the hall of fame is a long process. There is just no way he could've timed it this perfectly. Also, why would he sign a multi year deal with the WWE to be an ambassador for the company if he knew his time was up soon? I think his death was just one of those things that just happens. Maybe i'll be proven wrong when more info becomes available.

John The Drummer
04-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Got in my van this morning, turned on the radio "In the recent news of the Ultimate Warrior passing away, what celeb....." and I went numb.... I grew up with the Warrior, he was my most favorite wrestling action figure due to his gorilla press slam action, and he just looked awesome, so fucking shitty :(

RIP Warrior

I must admit, something certainly seemed odd with his appearance on RAW. The camera kept cutting away from him... so maybe they were bracing themselves in case something happened? I dunno, but it just felt very odd.... so terrible.

ravenheart
04-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I grew up with the Warrior, he was my most favorite wrestling action figure due to his gorilla press slam action

I had that exact one too. Awesome times.

I only ever had one WWF home video back in the day, which was Summer Slam '92, responsible for a lot of matches still considered amongst the most classic of the whole franchise. The Warrior-Savage bout in that was gold. I've been meaning to re-buy it on DVD for ages. As I said, I have next to no interest in wrestling anymore, but that particularly one is worth me owning.

adamclark52
04-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I had that exact one too. Awesome times.

I only ever had one WWF home video back in the day, which was Summer Slam '92, responsible for a lot of matches still considered amongst the most classic of the whole franchise. The Warrior-Savage bout in that was gold. I've been meaning to re-buy it on DVD for ages. As I said, I have next to no interest in wrestling anymore, but that particularly one is worth me owning.

That was probably my favorite Warrior match too. I'm glad him and Vince buried the hatchet.

mankvill
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
XzB90olxHGE

MPF
04-09-2014, 01:29 PM
ebN17xoJbLg

John The Drummer
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Gawww, so glad I found a picture of it!

http://www.lobsterbush.com/wwffigures/hasbro-uw1.jpg

MPF
04-09-2014, 04:05 PM
I had that one as well. And the one that came out several years later that was blue.

John The Drummer
04-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Just ordered myself an Ultimate Warrior shirt... was a bit pricey, but well worth it :)

Sanitarium78
04-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Just ordered myself an Ultimate Warrior shirt... was a bit pricey, but well worth it :)

Did you order it from WWE.com? They got his shirts on sale for $17.99

I had that action figure you posted of pic of to. I may have been a little too old to be playing with wrestling figures when that one came out but I still had one.

John The Drummer
04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Did you order it from WWE.com? They got his shirts on sale for $17.99

I had that action figure you posted of pic of to. I may have been a little too old to be playing with wrestling figures when that one came out but I still had one.

Yup! The price took a leap after shipping and tax was added, but whatevs.

John The Drummer
04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I saw a photo backstage of Hogan, Patterson, and Warrior right after his promo. They all looked so happy to be there.... definitely brought on the water works :(

On a different note, if Sting REALLY DOES come to WWE (which him saying "31 is my new favorite number" makes it that much more likely...) I would love to see him go against 'Taker, but only if Taker is physically capable of it. Sting could come out and say "Taker, one more match. The streak may be over, but let's give the crowd what they've always wanted to see..."
Undertaker and Sting were so similar in their own iconic way, and I always compared the two.

I know the match probably wouldn't be very exciting, but it'd still be a once in a lifetime bout!

Christen
04-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I saw a photo backstage of Hogan, Patterson, and Warrior right after his promo. They all looked so happy to be there.... definitely brought on the water works :(

On a different note, if Sting REALLY DOES come to WWE (which him saying "31 is my new favorite number" makes it that much more likely...) I would love to see him go against 'Taker, but only if Taker is physically capable of it. Sting could come out and say "Taker, one more match. The streak may be over, but let's give the crowd what they've always wanted to see..."
Undertaker and Sting were so similar in their own iconic way, and I always compared the two.

I know the match probably wouldn't be very exciting, but it'd still be a once in a lifetime bout!

The match alone would be worth it for the intros and the stare down.

rjturtle9
04-10-2014, 07:15 PM

They need to let Sting come out to Seek and Destroy like in WCW.

XDoomsayerX
04-10-2014, 10:25 PM

This! And the posters, promos, fuck who cares bout the match iitself lol

adamclark52
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Time for my weekly shit on TNA: really, Eric Young is the World Heavyweight Champion? They must have really rebooted his character because the last time I watched he was basically a taller Hornswoggle.

And WWE has decided to stop using the term "pay per view" and will now refer to monthly events (which you have to pay for to view, unless you have the Network) as "special events (http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/04/wwe-dropping-another-term-vickie-guerreros-departure/)".

And Vickie Guererro left. I know a lot of people hated her but I always found her entertaining, in doses. I always felt bad for her too though. I don't think being on the road is what she wanted to be doing with her life but I don't know if Eddie left her in very good financial shape.

Sanitarium78
04-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Eric Young's world title win is nothing more than a short "thanks for the loyalty and hard work over the years" reign like Foley's WWF title reigns were. I fully expect him to drop it back to Magnus at their PPV in a few weeks. They have made him more serious over the last several months but still he's not a world title guy. It will be a short run so it doesn't upset me much. What does piss me off is how they had Samoa Joe lose a few title matches to Magnus but they had Eric Young, who had already wrestled in a qualifying match earlier in the show (hey, that sounds familiar) beat Magnus for the belt in the main event. Samoa Joe should've been the one to end Magnus's awful title run and the company should be building itself around Samoa Joe as champion.

I don't mind the WWE dropping the term "pay per view" since PPV doesn't really exist anymore for the company with the arrival of the network. If you have the network, you really are watching a special event not a PPV anymore.

XDoomsayerX
04-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Watched an ultimate warrior vs hulk wm match. Wow wrestling was way different back then. Dudes could barely move :eek:

John The Drummer
04-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Watched an ultimate warrior vs hulk wm match. Wow wrestling was way different back then. Dudes could barely move :eek:
Thats funny you say that... because when I watched older matches, recently, they seemed WAY more active :lol: .

Eric Young's world title win is nothing more than a short "thanks for the loyalty and hard work over the years" reign like Foley's WWF title reigns were. I fully expect him to drop it back to Magnus at their PPV in a few weeks. They have made him more serious over the last several months but still he's not a world title guy. It will be a short run so it doesn't upset me much. What does piss me off is how they had Samoa Joe lose a few title matches to Magnus but they had Eric Young, who had already wrestled in a qualifying match earlier in the show (hey, that sounds familiar) beat Magnus for the belt in the main event. Samoa Joe should've been the one to end Magnus's awful title run and the company should be building itself around Samoa Joe as champion.

I don't mind the WWE dropping the term "pay per view" since PPV doesn't really exist anymore for the company with the arrival of the network. If you have the network, you really are watching a special event not a PPV anymore.

Wasn't Eric Young a part of Team Canada back when TNA first started to get "big" ? I remember them being a fairly strong stable... if I remember correctly.

adamclark52
04-11-2014, 01:58 PM

Christ, I didn't even notice that. Way to stay ahead of the game TNA. But, given their past history of "Reverse Battle Royals" and shit I'm glad they didn't have Eric Young defeat Magnus, then have to compete in a Gauntlet match for the right to be the champion.

Maideneer
04-11-2014, 02:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-chargers-star-linebacker-shawne-merriman-joins-wwe-031809394.html

ravenheart
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Thats funny you say that... because when I watched older matches, recently, they seemed WAY more active :lol: .

Wrestling matches back then had more actually wrestling in them...

XDoomsayerX
04-11-2014, 03:37 PM

Have you seen a D-bry,CM Punk,Cesaro,Swagger, Cody rhodes, The shield, Sheamus(boring character but great wrestler) all these peeps put wrestling into their matches.

BloodoftheKings
04-11-2014, 04:07 PM

There was a lot of wrestlers from back then that were great but doomsayer's assessment of Warrior and Hulk Hogan is accurate. They weren't very good wrestlers and when you take a serious look at their matches they were pretty dull.

I had a similar experience when I recently picked up this Undertaker dvd at a thrift store. I was watching Undertaker's casket match against Kamala in the early 90s and it nearly put me to sleep. It's not like it was a serious technical match that today's youngsters just can't appreciate, it was just a shitty match that fans still ate up because they loved the characters.

Dextrimental
04-11-2014, 05:53 PM
There was a lot of wrestlers from back then that were great but doomsayer's assessment of Warrior and Hulk Hogan is accurate. They weren't very good wrestlers and when you take a serious look at their matches they were pretty dull.

I had a similar experience when I recently picked up this Undertaker dvd at a thrift store. I was watching Undertaker's casket match against Kamala in the early 90s and it nearly put me to sleep. It's not like it was a serious technical match that today's youngsters just can't appreciate, it was just a shitty match that fans still ate up because they loved the characters.

I think that's the nail on the end for older matches when we watch them now - we've less context for them, so when two characters who may have had a great feud meet we don't feel the intensity and aren't as led by our love for the characters and just assess ability. At least, that's how I find watching old PPV's and seeing wrestlers that never quite made it to legend status.

Neither Warrior nor Hulk were ever the best wrestlers, but man the crowd got behind them and they had great, easy to sell characters. There's always been a healthy amount of actual good technical workers in the WWE, whether or not they're being used right and getting the right ring time is another story.

dcmetal108
04-13-2014, 05:45 PM
I wish WWE would push Ziggy and let him be himself. Dude is funny is hell in interviews when he isn't in the stupid character they try to make him be.

Sanitarium78
04-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I wish WWE would push Ziggy and let him be himself. Dude is funny is hell in interviews when he isn't in the stupid character they try to make him be.

I wish Ziggler was half as good as his fans think he is. He would certainly be worth watching if that was the case. Unfortunately, all he knows how to do is take really good bumps. When that's the main skill a wrestler brings to the table he's gonna spend a lot of time jobbing. He needs to work on making his whole game better if he ever wants to move up the card again. He has a weak offense and below average mic skills. Until that changes he's staying right where he is now as jobber to the stars.

Maideneer
04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
PHOENIX -- Former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior died of cardiovascular disease, authorities said Monday.

Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick says that's the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county Medical Examiner's Office.

The 54-year-old wrestler's given name was James Hellwig. He collapsed April 8 while walking with his wife to their car at a Scottsdale hotel and was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Scottsdale police have said there were no signs of foul play.

John The Drummer
04-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish Ziggler was half as good as his fans think he is. He would certainly be worth watching if that was the case. Unfortunately, all he knows how to do is take really good bumps. When that's the main skill a wrestler brings to the table he's gonna spend a lot of time jobbing. He needs to work on making his whole game better if he ever wants to move up the card again. He has a weak offense and below average mic skills. Until that changes he's staying right where he is now as jobber to the stars.

He was better in the Spirit Squad :)

PHOENIX -- Former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior died of cardiovascular disease, authorities said Monday.

Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick says that's the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county Medical Examiner's Office.

The 54-year-old wrestler's given name was James Hellwig. He collapsed April 8 while walking with his wife to their car at a Scottsdale hotel and was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Scottsdale police have said there were no signs of foul play.

Damn, pretty much what everyone was kinda expecting :( . Poor guy, it was great he was able to achieve so much right before his passing.

BloodoftheKings
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
He was better in the Spirit Squad :)

Wrong. He was best as Chavo's caddy.

John The Drummer
04-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Wrong. He was best as Chavo's caddy.

OOOOO CHAVOOOO!!!!

I miss Chavo :( . I was hoping he would break out a bit after Eddie's death, but unfortunately the complete opposite happened :(

XDoomsayerX
04-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Quality Tribute to The Warrior, almost made me tear up.

IC Title Contender's tournament, not bad. I say Barret wins cuz Cesaro will be attacked by Swag.

Also who marked out when Evolution theme song played cuz I did! Fuck that lame crowd.

Extreme Rules predictions, not bad looking card:

Wyatt Vs Cena II Steel Cage
kane vs d-bry
Evoltuion vs The Shield
Barrett vs Big E
Swag vs Cesaro
Paige vs AJ Lee
Usos Vs Rhode Bros vs Rybaxel vs Los Matadores Ladder match :tongue:

adamclark52
04-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Evolutions music was fucking wicked. They had a lot of versions that people may not remember but my favorite was one that had a clock ticking at the beginning of it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iCbm2Set24). They only used it for a few weeks. I wish they had of combined the Motorhead version with the intro (the clock and that scream) from that version.

Sanitarium78
04-15-2014, 06:18 AM
It was cool to hear the Evolution theme again but it's not a reunion I ever wanted to see. I was hoping Flair would walk out after all three where standing on the stage together. Now that would've been awesome. The reunion isn't pointless though since they came back together organically with the storyline they're involved in. The fans didn't seem to care too much about it but that's probably because nobody really wanted it or it was the end of the show and the fans were tired.

I don't really see the point in the IC title tournament. They already have the number on contender and that's Del Rio. He's pinned Big E a couple times in non title matches over the last month. Used to be that was one of the things that got you a title shot. I guess that's not the case anymore. It's nice to see that even though the WWE is heading in the right creative direction now, logic still escapes them. Some things will never change.

I think Cesaro will win the IC title tournament. Even with Heyman at his side he won't be ready to main event for a little while yet. So, give him a really good run with the IC belt and see what happens after that. The title is perfect for him since Cesaro is more like a Malenko or Benoit than he is a Punk or Cena.

Dextrimental
04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
It was cool to hear the Evolution theme again but it's not a reunion I ever wanted to see. I was hoping Flair would walk out after all three where standing on the stage together. Now that would've been awesome. The reunion isn't pointless though since they came back together organically with the storyline they're involved in. The fans didn't seem to care too much about it but that's probably because nobody really wanted it or it was the end of the show and the fans were tired.

I don't really see the point in the IC title tournament. They already have the number on contender and that's Del Rio. He's pinned Big E a couple times in non title matches over the last month. Used to be that was one of the things that got you a title shot. I guess that's not the case anymore. It's nice to see that even though the WWE is heading in the right creative direction now, logic still escapes them. Some things will never change.

I think Cesaro will win the IC title tournament. Even with Heyman at his side he won't be ready to main event for a little while yet. So, give him a really good run with the IC belt and see what happens after that. The title is perfect for him since Cesaro is more like a Malenko or Benoit than he is a Punk or Cena.

Evolution coming back only matters because it's a stable to go against the shield. Going to be a great feud between those, even if in skill the Shield dam near dwarfs Evolution.

Cesaro is the right level of guy to really add meaning to the IC again. Give him a good run with lots of defenses and he'll build a very solid following. He doesn't need a whole lot of a push to be a main eventer, but a good IC run would get him there no problem.

John The Drummer
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Extreme Rules predictions, not bad looking card:

Wyatt Vs Cena II Steel Cage
kane vs d-bry
Evoltuion vs The Shield
Barrett vs Big E
Swag vs Cesaro
Paige vs AJ Lee
Usos Vs Rhode Bros vs Rybaxel vs Los Matadores Ladder match :tongue:

Seems like a pretty possible card. Big E's opponent will def be Barrett or Cesaro, hard to tell who they'll go with, though. I'd like to see both! :lol:

Now that The Real American's are split up, they need to turn Swagger into a jobber and give him the gimmick of #SWAGger :tongue:

John The Drummer
04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
My friend texted me saying he heard that The Undertaker passed away due to complications from the concussion he got from Lesnar... :eek: . I really hope this is false, checked a couple websites and didn't see a thing about....

Taking it with a grain of salt at the moment...

dcmetal108
04-16-2014, 02:23 PM
My friend texted me saying he heard that The Undertaker passed away due to complications from the concussion he got from Lesnar... :eek: . I really hope this is false, checked a couple websites and didn't see a thing about....

Taking it with a grain of salt at the moment...

It's a hoax.

MPF
04-16-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm glad it's a hoax, if I would have lost two of my three childhood heroes within a week of each other I would have went insane.

The third is Sting.

Sanitarium78
04-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Guys, The Undertaker is already dead. It's part of his gimmick.

So, I read a few weeks back that CM Punk and AJ Lee are engaged. Kind of strange that after all the hot asses Punk has banged, he settles with AJ. She's cute but there's a whole new generation of hot Divas (Paige, Emma, Summer Rae, Lana) that Punk still needs to get with;)

dcmetal108
04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
AJ is cute but seems like she'd be actually cool to hang with. Though given the chance with Emma I'd make a emmalution with her!

BloodoftheKings
04-17-2014, 03:16 PM
I think it's pretty weird how AJ just vanished after dropping the belt and now it's going to be Paige v. Tamina at the ppv. Some people seem to think she followed in Punk's footsteps. Dirt sheets are saying she asked for time off which is believable but they should have come up with a kayfabe reason for her disappearance.

Sanitarium78
04-17-2014, 03:38 PM
All i've read about AJ Lee is that she asked for time off. It makes sense since she's been going non stop for the last couple years. After the long title run she had it's the perfect time to leave for a little bit. I don't think she walked out like Punk did though I do think she left so she can go spend some time with him. They can easily explain it on TV by saying that she was so upset over losing to Paige that she hasn't been heard from or seen since then. That explanation would easily fit with her character to.

John The Drummer
04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
:lol: @ Brodus Clay being put down to NXT. It's too bad they can't settle with him somewhere/settle on a single gimmick with him,but def just a Jobber. Wasn't he Shannon Moore's bodyguard or someone like that back when he first came to the "E"?

adamclark52
04-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I was watching the Goldberg verses Brock Lesnar match on the Goldberg DVD that came out last year. The match still sucks but kudos to the WWE for not piping in cheers and changing history again.

Maideneer
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM
:lol: @ Brodus Clay being put down to NXT. It's too bad they can't settle with him somewhere/settle on a single gimmick with him,but def just a Jobber. Wasn't he Shannon Moore's bodyguard or someone like that back when he first came to the "E"?

He's completely useless and Tensai is now commentating, but at least Albert was a halfway decent worker. I still say they should have had the 2 Funk girls join with PTP to complete the whole sports/whistles/players/cheerleaders thing, oh well.

Brodus Clay is never going to be over even as an undercarder because he brings nothing to the table. Like having crackers everyday for lunch.

Sanitarium78
04-20-2014, 07:18 PM
I think they ruined Brodus too much with the whole funk gimmick. He really could've been a good monster heel. The WWE stole his idea and gave it to Mark Henry though. The "hall of pain" gimmick was supposedly an idea Brodus had for his character. It would've worked with him to since he's about as skilled in the ring as Henry and is a decent enough talker to have pulled it off. But now he's got now hope. He can't even take care of Adrian Neville on NXT who is only like 5'8" and 180 pounds.

rjturtle9
04-21-2014, 09:45 AM
He can't even take care of Adrian Neville on NXT who is only like 5'8" and 180 pounds.

Good! PAC shouldn't be buried by anyone with a third of his talent anyways.

Sanitarium78
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Good! PAC shouldn't be buried by anyone with a third of his talent anyways.

True, but as we all know, the most talented guy isn't always the one who goes over in the end. Neville only beat Brodus by countout and it will be interesting to see how the actually have him legitimately defeat somebody so much bigger than him if they have a title match together.

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 12:19 PM
OMG THIS JUST IN, NEW FOOTAGE OF STING WORKING OUT IN A GYM!!! OMG HE MUST BE PREPARING FOR HIS WWE DEBUT!!!!!!

:lol: Ok, I do think he will be doing something, sometime, but these headlines are just getting hilarious :lol: Next thing you know...

STING SPOTTED IN TOYS R US WITH SON (considering he has children) LOOKING AT SKYLANDER TOYS... WHICH ARE RIGHT NEXT TO WWE TOYS!!!!

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
True, but as we all know, the most talented guy isn't always the one who goes over in the end. Neville only beat Brodus by countout and it will be interesting to see how the actually have him legitimately defeat somebody so much bigger than him if they have a title match together.

Neville isn't much smaller than Daniel Bryan. I wouldn't think anything of him going over giants.

John The Drummer
04-22-2014, 09:14 AM
RAW wasn't too shabby last night!

I was really shocked with the Paige vs Aksana match... like... srsly... :wow: ... a Diva's match that was actually entertaining and physical, and not just a stupid cat fight like WWE is known for! :party:

I'm wondering if a Cena heel turn is in the works... probably not, but the look he gave the crowd after they voted him vs the 3 Wyatt's was definitely a "Thanks for turning your backs on me" look... dunno, just a speculation.

I feel now that Kane is a lot like Big Show, they just keep changing his character in a never ending circle.... monster, normal, monster, normal, goofy, monster... yup.

I'm guessing Cesaro vs Swagger on Friday will end in a DQ, and turning it into a Submission Match or someting of the like at Extreme Rules.

John The Drummer
04-22-2014, 12:21 PM
So WWE is coming out with a DVD today that highlights some of the best "off air" moments, after the cameras stop going live. Was reading a description and caught...

In a different segment several superstars and Booker T goad the Undertaker into performing a spinaroonie for the live crowd.

Unless this happened more than once, this took place in Seattle and I was there (I think the only RAW I've been to...) and it was HILARIOUS. SPOILER - Vince McMahon came out and did a Spinaroonie and Triple H called it a "Macaroonie" :lol:

BloodoftheKings
04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I was really shocked with the Paige vs Aksana match... like... srsly... :wow: ... a Diva's match that was actually entertaining and physical, and not just a stupid cat fight like WWE is known for! :party:

I haven't been enjoying Paige's main roster matches so far. These past few weeks she's been booked like the female Cena. She gets beat down for a few minutes and gets little to no offense in but then she does the Scorpion Crosslock and wins. They seem to be giving her matches more time than divas typically get but they're not doing anything with it.

I feel now that Kane is a lot like Big Show, they just keep changing his character in a never ending circle.... monster, normal, monster, normal, goofy, monster... yup.

I can't believe they're starting Bryan's first real title reign with a filler program like this. Kane is a high powered jobber who hasn't won a match in half a year and now he's a threat because he put the mask back on? Please. What happened to the rematch clause Orton and Batista supposedly had?

adamclark52
04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
I can't believe they're starting Bryan's first real title reign with a filler program like this. Kane is a high powered jobber who hasn't won a match in half a year and now he's a threat because he put the mask back on? Please. What happened to the rematch clause Orton and Batista supposedly had?

I'm no Batista or Orton fanboy but it's pretty sad they go from main-eventing Wrestlemania to an undercard match. It's good for the Shield but anyone who main events Wrestlemania should main event the next pay per view.

And yeah, Kane really is a big jobber. Even in his prime I never bought him as anything above a midcarder.

The main event scene is lacking.

BloodoftheKings
04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm no Batista or Orton fanboy but it's pretty sad they go from main-eventing Wrestlemania to an undercard match. It's good for the Shield but anyone who main events Wrestlemania should main event the next pay per view.

I think Shield v. Evolution or Wyatt v. Cena is the main event. I know Bryan v. Kane isn't closing the show.

dcmetal108
04-22-2014, 06:48 PM
So WWE is coming out with a DVD today that highlights some of the best "off air" moments, after the cameras stop going live. Was reading a description and caught...

Unless this happened more than once, this took place in Seattle and I was there (I think the only RAW I've been to...) and it was HILARIOUS. SPOILER - Vince McMahon came out and did a Spinaroonie and Triple H called it a "Macaroonie" :lol:

I saw that dvd at the store and really really want it.

300%_Density
04-22-2014, 07:12 PM
There was an OMG Top 25 or 50 OMG moments in wwe a few years ago. There's going to be a WCW one coming. I'm excited for that.

dcmetal108
04-22-2014, 07:39 PM
There was an OMG Top 25 or 50 OMG moments in wwe a few years ago. There's going to be a WCW one coming. I'm excited for that.

Too bad the WWE kinda sucked.

300%_Density
04-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Too bad the WWE kinda sucked.

It did. But part of it is that as much that WWE is still on tv, and releasing more stuff I don't think we get a chance to forget anything and then see it 3 years later and say "wow I completely forgot about (insert moment here)" there's less WCW stuff put out which I think keeps it more of a forgotten memory type than a wwe memory which you can revisit so many different ways now.

John The Drummer
04-24-2014, 09:51 AM
I saw that dvd at the store and really really want it.

Looked up all the segments, WOW, looks like such a fun watch!

In other DVD news, I guess there IS a Sting DVD coming out sometime this year (wasn't sure it was for sure or just internet speculation). Really excited for that one! Always loved the Sting character! :rocker:

XDoomsayerX
04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
El torito vs hornswoggle in a WeeLC match at Extreme Rules :tp::tp::tp::tp:

Why not use that spot for Cesaro, Rhode Bros, Usos, ya know peeps with real talent.

PVH5150
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

For fuck sake. Did they re-hire Vince Russo or some shit?

adamclark52
04-28-2014, 07:52 PM

Why not use that spot for Cesaro, Rhode Bros, Usos, ya know peeps with real talent.

Hey, they gave you Daniel Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania; now you give Vince his midgets.

BloodoftheKings
04-28-2014, 08:16 PM

Why should Cesaro be given the pre-show spot when he's on the main card?

Also El Torito is very talented.

XDoomsayerX
04-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Why should Cesaro be given the pre-show spot when he's on the main card?

Also El Torito is very talented.

Just saw they added that match, triple threat between Swag,Cesaro, and RVD could easily steal the show.

El Torito is a luchador but Hornswoggle sucks.

Id rather see a legit TLC match involving the tag titles.

John The Drummer
04-29-2014, 11:26 AM
For a standard PPV, this card would be REALLY good, but "Extreme Rules"... not very extreme :( . Oh well, it is WWE, and is still a solid card. Tamina vs Paige might actually be a good diva's match since both can really bring it!

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Id rather see a legit TLC match involving the tag titles.

I wouldn't be too excited for that, the tag division is trash right now. It was great in the Fall but they killed it quickly by breaking up all of the teams. They're even breaking up the Rhodes Bros. now so I guess we're just gonna get Usos v. Ryback and Axel every week until the Ascension comes up to take the titles.

JRA
04-29-2014, 05:39 PM
As long as the Championship match is on last I won't complain.

XDoomsayerX
04-29-2014, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't be too excited for that, the tag division is trash right now. It was great in the Fall but they killed it quickly by breaking up all of the teams. They're even breaking up the Rhodes Bros. now so I guess we're just gonna get Usos v. Ryback and Axel every week until the Ascension comes up to take the titles.

Los Matadores vs RybAxel vs rhode Bros vs Usos would be great.

Agree though no more Real Americans and no Rhode Bros really hurts tag division. Plus the Shield and Wyatt family dont even compete for the titles

As long as the Championship match is on last I won't complain.

I see The Shield vs Evolution closing the PPV.

Dextrimental
04-30-2014, 05:18 AM
I see The Shield vs Evolution closing the PPV.

I'm pretty okay with that, too. That is a huge bout.

I hope they let the other two Wyatts compete for the tag titles while Bray is off doing something else. Those guys have too much talent to just be lackies.

XDoomsayerX
04-30-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty okay with that, too. That is a huge bout.

I hope they let the other two Wyatts compete for the tag titles while Bray is off doing something else. Those guys have too much talent to just be lackies.

Agree. Luke Harper is the best wrestler in terms of in ring skills in the Wyatt Family.

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Time for another TNA bash; I don't know who Knux is but I read that he's starting up a stable or "family". Looking at Knux, reading the names of the other members (I think there was a "Cousin" something and a "Crazy" someone else) and the fact that it's referred to as a "family" are they trying to ape WWE and do their own Wyatt Family?

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Time for another TNA bash; I don't know who Knux is but I read that he's starting up a stable or "family". Looking at Knux, reading the names of the other members (I think there was a "Cousin" something and a "Crazy" someone else) and the fact that it's referred to as a "family" are they trying to ape WWE and do their own Wyatt Family?

I think Knux is Festus/what's his nuts from WWE... Luke Gallows? Whoever the bald dude was in CM Punk's Straigt Edge Society. I could be wrong, though. Anyway, so pathetic. On a positive note, at least Jeff Hardy's character is interesting :)

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I think Knux is Festus/what's his nuts from WWE... Luke Gallows? Whoever the bald dude was in CM Punk's Straigt Edge Society. I could be wrong, though. Anyway, so pathetic. On a positive note, at least Jeff Hardy's character is interesting :)

Actually, I just did some research and it's Mike Knox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Knox), who was in the WWE for a cup-of-coffee around the time they relaunched ECW. He played the role of Kelly Kellys overbearing boyfriend or something.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Actually, I just did some research and it's Mike Knox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Knox), who was in the WWE for a cup-of-coffee around the time they relaunched ECW. He played the role of Kelly Kellys overbearing boyfriend or something.

Thaaaaaaaaaaat's right! I knew it was one of those easily forgotten guys :)
Goddamn he sucked... almost as bad as Snitsky.

SIDE NOTE: Just reading the latest news, looks like WWE released a handful of NXT guys. Mason Ryan and Eddie/Vickie Gurerro's daughter (I think she was just in a promo for an up and coming guy as well, bummer).

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Thaaaaaaaaaaat's right! I knew it was one of those easily forgotten guys :)
Goddamn he sucked... almost as bad as Snitsky.

Snitzky was so brutal. But that interaction with Heidenrich at Survivor Series 2004 (I think it was then) was so classic.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
OOHHHHH NOOOO NOT HEIDENRICH!!! :lol:
Another forgotten guy, but so goofy. I remember when him and Animal remade the L.O.D. :D

Snitsky wasn't necessarily bad, per se, but he was just so hard to connect with and I always just felt that he was just "there" (like how Big Show is now). At first I thought he was rad, but that quickly dwindled down.

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
OOHHHHH NOOOO NOT HEIDENRICH!!! :lol:
Another forgotten guy, but so goofy. I remember when him and Animal remade the L.O.D. :D

Snitsky wasn't necessarily bad, per se, but he was just so hard to connect with and I always just felt that he was just "there" (like how Big Show is now). At first I thought he was rad, but that quickly dwindled down.

wxu_OGGQMmo

No, he was that bad. But he was "so bad it was good" bad. I liked him better when he had hair and the beard. When they made him shave he head and gave him those gross teeth (and pushed him as a main-eventer against Cena) he went to just bad.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM
I liked him better when he had hair and the beard. When they made him shave he head and gave him those gross teeth (and pushed him as a main-eventer against Cena) he went to just bad.

My ex-bassist looked a lot like hair+beard Snitsky :lol:

OMFG i do not remember him being a main-eventer.... and it srsly took them this long to put the belt on D-Bry!? Ok... something is SERIOUSLY wrong with Vinny Mac :eek:

dcmetal108
04-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Anyone read that Dean Amrbose is now the longest holding US / Intercontinental / whatever it's called now champion.

He doesn't even bring it to the ring sometime lol

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 02:05 PM
My ex-bassist looked a lot like hair+beard Snitsky :lol:

OMFG i do not remember him being a main-eventer.... and it srsly took them this long to put the belt on D-Bry!? Ok... something is SERIOUSLY wrong with Vinny Mac :eek:

Well, I'd use the term main eventer loosely. They wanted him to be this monster heel to challenge Super Cena. But it fell flat on its face. Partially because they gave him no time to build (he got a title shit against Cena at a pay per view within a couple months of his character change). Partially because his original baby killer character was still too fresh in people's minds and it was too hard to take him serious. And partially because he was a terrible wrestler. When Cenas carrying you then you know you got problems.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Well, I'd use the term main eventer loosely. They wanted him to be this monster heel to challenge Super Cena. But it fell flat on its face. Partially because they gave him no time to build (he got a title shit against Cena at a pay per view within a couple months of his character change). Partially because his original baby killer character was still too fresh in people's minds and it was too hard to take him serious. And partially because he was a terrible wrestler. When Cenas carrying you then you know you got problems.

IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Anyone read that Dean Amrbose is now the longest holding US / Intercontinental / whatever it's called now champion.

He doesn't even bring it to the ring sometime lol

:lol: YUP! I'd love to see Ambrose do some more singles matches and defend it, make it worth something and not just a fancy decoration, but teh Shield as a whole keep getting involved in whole stable storylines which defintely makes everyone forget he even holds the title, so its just kinda there... there could be a whole grand scale of Lower to Mid-Carders that could fight for it if he wasn't constantly stuck with a busy and "more important" storyline.

John The Drummer
04-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Just.... just no....

http://gfycat.com/DeadlyFinishedBoar

XDoomsayerX
04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Just.... just no....

what is this?

dcmetal108
04-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Just.... just no....

Dumbfounded by shit.

Sanitarium78
04-30-2014, 09:39 PM

The storyline is that Knux's family runs a carnival and they want him back home to help with it but he wants to wrestle. So, I guess he's gonna bring some of his carnie friends to TNA. All they've done on TV is show vignettes about this storyline but it has nothing in common with the Wyatt's.

If you want to bash TNA how about the fact that they have Eric Young as world champion while talented guys like Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and Kenny King aren't doing shit at the moment. Or how about the company letting guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian go. How about reading the spoilers for next weeks impact and see that they had Eric Young keep the belt against Bobby Roode?

The X-Division, Knockouts and tag team scenes are non existent. The X Division consists of two new guys right now. Sanada from Japan (the current champ) and Tigre Uno from Mexico. Good workers? Sure, but you can't build a division around them. The tag scene has two teams, The American Wolves and The Bro-Mans, that's it. The Knockouts have Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, Gail Kim and one new chick. There's still too much Dixie Carter on Impact as well. It's always been frustrating to be a fan of TNA but even Vince Russo's booking never made it as fucked up and pathetic as it is now.

adamclark52
04-30-2014, 11:13 PM
The storyline is that Knux's family runs a carnival and they want him back home to help with it but he wants to wrestle. So, I guess he's gonna bring some of his carnie friends to TNA. All they've done on TV is show vignettes about this storyline but it has nothing in common with the Wyatt's.

If you want to bash TNA how about the fact that they have Eric Young as world champion while talented guys like Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and Kenny King aren't doing shit at the moment. Or how about the company letting guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian go. How about reading the spoilers for next weeks impact and see that they had Eric Young keep the belt against Bobby Roode?

The X-Division, Knockouts and tag team scenes are non existent. The X Division consists of two new guys right now. Sanada from Japan (the current champ) and Tigre Uno from Mexico. Good workers? Sure, but you can't build a division around them. The tag scene has two teams, The American Wolves and The Bro-Mans, that's it. The Knockouts have Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, Gail Kim and one new chick. There's still too much Dixie Carter on Impact as well. It's always been frustrating to be a fan of TNA but even Vince Russo's booking never made it as fucked up and pathetic as it is now.

I think I was bashing on them for the whole Eric Young thing last week.

I find it sad to look at the roster page on their site (http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster). It's so small as it is and what is there is so many "who"'s and nobodies. And you can subtract three people right off the bat since Joeseph Park/Abyss, Jeff Hardy/Willow and Manik/someone I can't remember are the same people. And I thought a lot of those people (Rampage Jackson, Chris Sabin and ODB) didn't even wrestle for the company any more either. At least when they had all those WWE cast-offs a few years ago they had a lot to work with. No, it's a sad roster.

But I think TNA is a company on it's last legs anyway.

XDoomsayerX
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
So sad, I liked watching TNA matches here and there cuz of the talent. TNA is indeed dying.

300%_Density
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Leaked Raw script from 4/14 (http://deadspin.com/this-is-what-a-wwe-raw-script-looks-like-1570327862)

I'm finding this very cool. I've never seen what a Raw script looks like. Very fun read.

dcmetal108
05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Leaked Raw script from 4/14 (http://deadspin.com/this-is-what-a-wwe-raw-script-looks-like-1570327862)

I'm finding this very cool. I've never seen what a Raw script looks like. Very fun read.

I actually came in this thread to post that :lol:

Just read it, really neat. Actually pretty complicated detailing every small thing.

300%_Density
05-02-2014, 06:26 AM
I actually came in this thread to post that :lol:

Just read it, really neat. Actually pretty complicated detailing every small thing.

I want to read one from the attitude era:

"Mark Henry says "you have a penis"? "
Mae Young gives birth to a hand
Austin hijacks a zamboni

Those would be great reads. It was cool to read how nuanced they are and the checklists and stuff.

Sanitarium78
05-02-2014, 06:53 AM
I doubt a script from the attitude era would be that detailed. More shit was done on the fly according to guys like Austin and Jericho. I would hate to be the person(s) who has to type this shit up since RAW probably goes through a number of rewrites during the week and the day of the show. Still, cool to see and I had no idea there was this much detail put into the scripts.

adamclark52
05-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I doubt a script from the attitude era would be that detailed. More shit was done on the fly according to guys like Austin and Jericho. I would hate to be the person(s) who has to type this shit up since RAW probably goes through a number of rewrites during the week and the day of the show. Still, cool to see and I had no idea there was this much detail put into the scripts.

I'd imagine Vince Russos scripts were written in crayon too.

adamclark52
05-03-2014, 12:51 PM
While I was perusing all my concert tickets I came across *most* of my wrestling show tickets. Some have been lost but I found this great website that has details of pretty much every WWF/E show (http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/index2.html) so I filled in most of the blanks. The site is a bit hard to navigate.

Here's all the shows I've been to:

1. October 28, 2000 -- WWF House Show -- Toronto, Ontario
2. March 17th, 2001 -- WWF House Show -- Toronto, Ontario
3. March 17th, 2002 -- WWF Wrestlemania X8 -- Toronto, Ontario (Rock/Hogan; louder than any concert I've ever been to) < broadcasted on TV
4. May 13, 2002 -- WWE Raw -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
5. October 15, 2002 -- WWE Smackdown -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
6. May 2nd, 2003 -- WWE Raw House Show – Oshawa, Ontario (met Rob Van Dam)
7. November 7th, 2003 -- WWE Raw House Show -- Toronto, Ontario (the only time I ever saw Goldberg)
8. January 9th, 2004 -- WWE Raw House Show – Oshawa, Ontario
9. August 15, 2004 -- WWE Summerslam -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
10. November 21st, 2004 -- WWE Raw House Show -- Barrie, Ontario (the closest I ever sat at a WWE event, forth row)
11. March 12, 2005 -- WWE Smackdown House Show – Oshawa, Ontario
12. July 7, 2006 -- WWE Raw House Show – Barrie, Ontario (probably the most fun I ever had at a WWE show)
13. Sept 17, 2006 -- WWE Unforgiven -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
14. December 30, 2007 -- TNA House Show – Oshawa, Ontario
15. May 5, 2008 -- WWE Raw -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
16. September 14, 2008 -- TNA No Surrender – Oshawa, Ontario < broadcasted on TV
17. December 22nd, 2008 -- WWE Raw/Smackdown Supershow -- Toronto, Ontario < broadcasted on TV

I remember having tickets to a Smackdown taping in July 2003 but I didn't go because I had to work. I'm hoping I sold the tickets.

Sanitarium78
05-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I found the first ever TV taping I went to on that page:

WWF @ Buffalo, NY - Memorial Auditorium - June 2, 1987

WWF Superstars taping:
Featured WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan as a guest of the Snake Pit, during which Killer Khan sprayed green mist into Hogan's eyes; the segment later aired in select markets to promote local cards featuring Hogan vs. Khan

Bam Bam Bigelow defeated an unknown

SD Jones defeated an unknown (Holy shit, SD Jones won a match:eek:)

International Wrestling Challenge: Ken Patera (sub. for Jim Duggan) pinned Nikolai Volkoff (w/ Slick) with an elbow drop at 6:07

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & Koko B. Ware (w/ Jake Roberts) defeated Kamala (w/ Mr. Fuji & Kimchee) & WWF IC Champion the
Honkytonk Man (w/ Jimmy Hart) at around the 14:30 mark when Hogan pinned Kamala with a bodyslam and legdrop after punching Honky, knocking him into the ropes and tying his arms in the ropes

6/6/87 - included Outback Jack as a guest of the Snake Pit (this segment was taped and aired in select markets in place of a Snake Pit with the Iron Sheik, who had just been fired)

6/13/87 - included Hillbilly Jim & Little Beaver as guests of the Snake Pit in which they discussed what happened to Beaver at WrestleMania III; featured the fourth Special Report on the health of Superstar Billy Graham and his road to recovery; included footage from the film 'Predator', staring Jesse Ventura:

Davey Boy Smith & the Dynamite Kid defeated Johnny K-9 & Dusty Wolfe at 2:11 when Smith pinned Wolfe following a diving headbutt off the top

The Islanders (w/ Bobby Heenan) defeated Eric Cooper & SD Jones at 2:35 when Haku pinned Cooper following simultaneous diving headbutts

The Junkyard Dog pinned Terry Gibbs at 1:43 with the powerslam (JYD's return following WrestleMania)
Dino Bravo & Greg Valentine (w/ Johnny V) defeated Scott Casey & Lanny Poffo at 2:48 when Bravo pinned Poffo with the side suplex

The Honkytonk Man (w/ Jimmy Hart) pinned WWF IC Champion Ricky Steamboat to win the title at 3:53 by reversing an inside cradle and grabbing onto the bottom rope for leverage

The One Man Gang (w/ Slick) pinned Silvano Sousa at 1:38 with an elbow drop from the middle turnbuckle; after the bout, as the show was coming to a close, the Honkytonk Man came out and thanked the crowd for their support, saying the IC belt was for them

6/20/87 - included Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth as guests of the Snake Pit in which Savage said he was happy for the Honkytonk Man being the new IC Champion and that he wanted a shot at Hulk Hogan and the WWF World Title; featured an 'Update' segment with footage of the Honkytonk Man celebrating in his dressing room after winning the IC title the previous week, with Savage being the first to congratulate him; also in the dressing room to congratulate him were the Hart Foundation, Butch Reed, the Islanders, Danny Davis, and several others; included footage of the Jumping Bomb Angels wrestling in Japan; featured a fifth Special Report on the health of Superstar Billy Graham and his road to recovery; included more footage of Jesse Ventura in the film 'Predator':

B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (w/ Jimmy Hart & Danny Davis) in a non-title match at 4:18 when Blair pinned Bret with a sunset flip following a mask switch, moments after Davis was escorted backstage by security for interfering

George Steele defeated Al Navarro via submission with the flying hammerlock at 1:18

Rick Martel & Tom Zenk defeated Rick Renslow & Dave Wagner at 2:52 when Zenk pinned Renslow with a missile dropkick as Martel held Renslow in the air

Killer Khan (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned Brian Costello at 1:42 with a kneedrop off the top

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Steve Lombardi via submission with the full nelson at 1:44

Hercules, King Harley Race, King Kong Bundy, & Paul Orndorff (w/ Bobby Heenan) defeated Mario Mancini, Don Driggers, Jim Powers, & Paul Roma at 3:37 when Orndorff pinned Mancini with one foot on his chest after hitting the piledriver

6/27/87 - included Bobby Heenan, Hercules, King Harley Race, King Kong Bundy, & Paul Orndorff as guests of the Snake Pit; featured an 'Update' segment in which Craig DeGeorge interviewed Slick & Butch Reed, with Reed claiming he was in better shape than Superstar Billy Graham and said he would watch the following week to see Graham in training; included the first vignette promoting the debut of 'The Million $ Man', in which Ted Dibiase received a paper cut from counting his money, had Virgil drive him to the nearest hospital, and then paid the receptionist with several hundred dollar bills to receive immediate medical attention; featured more footage of Jesse Ventura in the film 'Predator':

WWF IC Champion the Honkytonk Man (w/ Jimmy Hart) pinned David Stoudemire in a non-title match with the Shake, Rattle, & Roll at the 24-second mark; prior to the bout, Howard Finkel introduced Mr. T as the new enforcer of the WWF

Koko B. Ware pinned Jose Estrada at 1:57 with the Ghostbuster

The One Man Gang (w/ Slick) pinned Eric Cooper at 2:30 with an elbow drop from the middle turnbuckle; during the bout, Mr. T did guest commentary and confirmed that he was the new enforcer of the WWF

Brutus Beefcake, Jacques, & Raymond Rougeau defeated Johnny K-9, Jimmy Jack Funk, & Iron Mike Sharpe at 3:03 when Raymond pinned K-9 following the top rope double team move from the Rougeaus; after the bout, the Rougeaus & Beefcake fought off Sharpe, with the Rougeaus holding him up and allowing Beefcake to cut some of his hair

Ken Patera defeated Frankie Lane via submission with the bearhug at 1:39; after the match, the Heenan Family - who were watching the match from the aisle - attacked Patera and began whipping him with Bobby Heenan's belt until several referees swarmed the ring

Demolition (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Jerry Allen & Lanny Poffo at 2:25 when Ax pinned Poffo following the Decapitation; after the bout, as the show was coming to a close, Ken Patera was shown backstage in the dressing room, alongside Billy Jack Haynes and Brutus Beefcake, attempting to recover from the attack earlier in the show.

So, TV tapings were quite the marathon back then and featured a lot of jobber matches. At least I got to see Jake Roberts do the snake pit live and witnessed the start of the longest IC title reign ever when Honky Tonk Man beat Steamboat. From where I was sitting the roll up looked odd and it appeared to me that both guys shoulders were down. I remember almost clapping after the three count because I thought Steamboat had pinned Honky. Everyone was pretty surprised by that outcome.

adamclark52
05-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Ahh, the days of the jobber matches.

It's a pretty insane website (albeit wrong in some places, the house show I was at in 2000 was at the Air Canada Center). I don't think I could ever go through all of it.

John The Drummer
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Man, I SWEAR I was at this event.... but I don't remember most of these matches :(

WWF @ Seattle, WA - Key Arena - September 12, 1998 (15,076; sell out)
Scorpio defeated Dennis Knight
Farooq defeated Mark Henry
Tiger Ali Singh pinned Dustin Runnels with a roll up and holding onto the ropes for leverage
X-Pac pinned Jeff Jarrett at 4:10 by reversing an attempt at the figure-4 into an inside cradle; after the bout, Dennis Knight helped in double teaming X-Pac until the New Age Outlaws made the save
The Rock defeated WWF IC Champion Triple H via disqualification at 10:41 when Chyna interfered and hit a low blow on the challenger, moments after Mark Henry assisted the Rock in hitting Triple H with the title belt
Val Venis pinned Miguel Perez Jr. with the Money Shot
WWF Tag Team Champions the Road Dogg & Billy Gunn defeated Skull & 8-Ball at 9:26 when Gunn scored the pin after one of the challengers accidentally hit the other with Paul Ellering's steel briefcase
Ken Shamrock defeated Owen Hart via submission with the ankle lock at around the 1-minute mark; prior to the bout officially beginning, Hart hit Shamrock in the back with a steel chair but Shamrock responded several minutes later by attacking Hart at ringside and throwing him back into the ring to begin the match
WWF World Champion Steve Austin defeated the Undertaker, Kane, and Mankind in a No DQ match when Austin pinned Kane at 11:26 by escaping the tombstone and hitting the Stunner; Sgt. Slaughter was the guest referee for the bout but was knocked out late in the match; after the bout, Austin hit the Stunner on Slaughter

dcmetal108
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Between WWE shows and all the indy shows I've seen I couldn't even make a list.

BloodoftheKings
05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Cool site. I found the card for the one live show I saw when I was little.

WWE (Raw) @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - June 26, 2004 (10,000)
WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Rob Conway & Sylvian Grenier defeated Rhyno & Tajiri when Tajiri was pinned following the Aur Reviour
Eugene pinned Jonathan Coachman with the Rock Bottom and People's Elbow, moments after William Regal countered the interference of Eric Bischoff; after the bout, Eugene dropped Bischoff with the Stunner
Kane pinned Matt Hardy with the chokeslam
The Hurricane & Maven defeated Garrison Cade & Test when Hurricane pinned Test with a roll up
Chris Jericho pinned Batista at 9:35 by reversing the sit-down powerbomb into a roll up and grabbing the tights for leverage
WWE IC Champion Randy Orton pinned Edge at 13:25 with a roll up and putting both feet on the top rope for leverage after dropping the challenger head-first onto the top turnbuckle
WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus (w/ Tyson Tomko) pinned Victoria at 7:21 by putting her feet on the ropes for leverage after Tomko pulled her out of the way of the challenger's moonsault; after the bout, Tomko attempted to press slam Victoria until Lita came out and gave Tomko a low blow from behind
World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit defeated Triple H via submission with the Crippler Crossface after reversing an attempt at the Pedigree at 24:42, moments after the champion hit an interfering Ric Flair and Batista with a steel chair

mankvill
05-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Man, I was watching some goofy old WWF clips. I miss when wrestling had characters. Like you had a guy who was this scary satanic undertaker guy with his crazy, ghost-white preacher sidekick, his brother who is a mute behemoth with a mask, a guy who is insane that carries a dolls head around and a guy who wears corpsepaint quoting edgar allen poe. Shit was goofy as fuck but at least they knew it was goofy as fuck.

Wrestling now is all just guys in underwear. :(

BloodoftheKings
05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Man, I was watching some goofy old WWF clips. I miss when wrestling had characters. Like you had a guy who was this scary satanic undertaker guy with his crazy, ghost-white preacher sidekick, his brother who is a mute behemoth with a mask, a guy who is insane that carries a dolls head around and a guy who wears corpsepaint quoting edgar allen poe. Shit was goofy as fuck but at least they knew it was goofy as fuck.

It's still pretty fucking goofy. The opening match of tomorrow night's ppv is a midget hardcore match. One of the midgets is a leprechaun turned wannabe rockstar and the other wears a bull costume.

John The Drummer
05-04-2014, 10:24 AM

It's goofy, but in all the wrong ways :lol:

adamclark52
05-04-2014, 10:41 AM
It's still pretty fucking goofy. The opening match of tomorrow night's ppv is a midget hardcore match. One of the midgets is a leprechaun turned wannabe rockstar and the other wears a bull costume.

It's shows like Wrestlemania XXX that make me consider becoming a full time fan again, and it's matches like that remind me why I'm not. As embarrassing as the whole debacle is I think the worst part is calling it "WeeLC". I don't know who finds that shit funny...oh, wait:

http://media.kayfabenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/vince-mcmahon.jpg

dcmetal108
05-04-2014, 05:18 PM
WeeLC was shitty and embarassing. Tiny tables, chairs and ladders, WHY VINCE WHHY!

dcmetal108
05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Also if RVD was any more out of breath he'd become Batista.

adamclark52
05-04-2014, 05:22 PM
WeeLC was shitty and embarassing. Tiny tables, chairs and ladders, WHY VINCE WHHY!

http://media.kayfabenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/vince-mcmahon.jpg

Because it's funny, dammit.

dcmetal108
05-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Shield vs Evolution made me stand up and cheer, didn't even matter I'm watching it alone.

It made me happy to be a wrestling fan. Match was fucking amazing.

10/10

JRA
05-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Characters were fun, but if an Undertaker were to show up now Vince would completely ruin it.

Dextrimental
05-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Characters were fun, but if an Undertaker were to show up now Vince would completely ruin it.

Bray. Fucking. Wyatt.

I don't know how, but Vince will probably ruin what Bray has going, and it will be a monumental downfall. This is one of the best angles, characters and stables they've had a while.

JRA
05-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Yea, except Cena won his match at mania. Not to mention kicking out of Sister Abigail. He already has ruined him as far as I'm concerned.

BloodoftheKings
05-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Shield v. Evolution was a great match with a boring finish.

The weeLC match was very entertaining. Second best match of the night.

Cena v. Wyatt wasn't very good. I'm glad Cena didn't go over but holy shit did they make Wyatt look weak. I didn't count but there was about 5 spots where Cena had the match won but was screwed by interference. One spot like that would have been enough.

The main event wasn't very good either. The flaming table spot could have been cool but the guy with the extinguisher jumping on it as soon as he did made it pretty lame.

Sanitarium78
05-05-2014, 06:19 AM
I enjoyed last night's show. I thought the three main matches Shield/Evolution, Wyatt/Cena and Bryan/Kane all delivered. This is also the first time in a very long time where the WWE had a PPV where every match had the right person go over. It looks like they're taking the youth movement seriously and it's about goddamn time.

As for the Wyatts looking weak, I don't really see it that way. Were the four horsemen booked to look weak when they had the numbers advantage? Of course not they were being booked as good heels using their unfair advantage to take out the valiant, never say die babyface and that's exactly how the Wyatts were booked last night, like good heels. They used their numbers to take out the babyface that wouldn't quit no matter what. How does that make them look weak? They did whatever they could to take down their foe like all proper heels should.

The loss at mania didn't ever hurt Bray as he has gotten more over with the audience since then. There will obviously be a final match next month and hopefully Bray goes over there as well. I really hope Vince realises what he has with the Wyatts and Bray especially. Bray Wyatt is easily the most interesting and in depth character the WWE has had since the debut of Kane in 1997. I seriously hope Vince doesn't fuck anything up with him and just lets him be and do his thing.

Dextrimental
05-05-2014, 08:59 AM
I enjoyed last night's show. I thought the three main matches Shield/Evolution, Wyatt/Cena and Bryan/Kane all delivered. This is also the first time in a very long time where the WWE had a PPV where every match had the right person go over. It looks like they're taking the youth movement seriously and it's about goddamn time.

As for the Wyatts looking weak, I don't really see it that way. Where the four horsemen booked to look weak when they had the numbers advantage? Of course not they were being booked as good heels using their unfair advantage to take out the valiant, never say die babyface and that's exactly how the Wyatts were booked last night, like good heels. They used their numbers to take out the babyface that wouldn't quit no matter what. How does that make them look weak? They did whatever they could to take down their foe like all proper heels should.

The loss at mania didn't ever hurt Bray as he has gotten more over with the audience since then. There will obviously be a final match next month and hopefully Bray goes over there as well. I really hope Vince realises what he has with the Wyatts and Bray especially. Bray Wyatt is easily the most interesting and in depth character the WWE has had since the debut of Kane in 1997. I seriously hope Vince doesn't fuck anything up with him and just lets him be and do his thing.

This, all of it.

I particularly loved the ending to Wyatt's match, they've set it up that he controls the entire arena and that nowhere is safe for his opponent. I hope in the coming weeks we see more of Cena's 'dark side' come out for the third bout.

Shield vs. Evolution was stunning altogether, as was DB vs. Kane. I'm hoping now we can see Bryan face a newer opponent, he's beaten his previous adversaries clean now.

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 10:12 AM
I only read the results, but the conclusion I came to...

Bad News Barrett as new IC Champ = GREAT move. Hope he brings meaning back to it.
Cesaro winning = Obviously didn't do much as he is already so over, but still a good move.
The Shield > Evolution = Proud of Triple H for allowing this, sounds like a great match!
D-Bray > Kane = No surprise, but at least they didn't try anything dumb.
Bray Wyatt winning = GOOD JOB WWE. No matter how he won, its good they did this and hopefully it'll change Cena. I honestly have been enjoying angry/bitter Cena in this storyline.
Divas Match = Meh, cool outcome, I guess.
WeeLC = This is just stupid.

Think that was all the matches.

rjturtle9
05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
D-Bray > Kane = No surprise, but at least they didn't try anything dumb.

You didn't see the finish then.

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 01:20 PM
You didn't see the finish then.

You're correct :)

Looks likeanother NXT guy is making his debut tonight (Adam Rose). Who bets it'll be a squash match against ...

A) Xavier Woods
B) R-Truth
C) Zack Ryder
D) Someone from 3MB
E) Damien Sandow

????

Christen
05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
For only spending 10 dollars to watch the show on the WWE Network, there's really not a whole lot to complain about. Had I spent 40 dollars on the other hand things might be different.

BloodoftheKings
05-05-2014, 02:43 PM
You're correct :)

Looks likeanother NXT guy is making his debut tonight (Adam Rose). Who bets it'll be a squash match against ...

A) Xavier Woods
B) R-Truth
C) Zack Ryder
D) Someone from 3MB
E) Damien Sandow

????

Adam Rose is face so it will probably be a 3MB member, Sandow, or Fandango.