PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

Maideneer
02-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Just got the Network...time to take it for a spin.

300%_Density
02-24-2014, 08:47 AM
The WWE server is getting its ass handed to it right now. It's to be expected though. I've been trying to get in for 30 mins already w/ no luck.

300%_Density
02-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Ok, I'm in. Just doing free preview. Where are the Monday Nitros and why does it only have like 2 old Raw's? I thought it was going to be all of them? Is this just a free preview issue or am I not the only one?

Maideneer
02-24-2014, 09:24 AM
I signed up they took my $ no problem of course, and when I try to watch anything it goes nowhere. I thought I was signing up for Odumbocare. You think they would have upgraded a server or two to handle simple traffic problems, but alas, just like I-95 through Stamford, CT...it's a complete mess and nightmare.

I don't know if they give you the first week free and then charge you or what but I'll find out soon I guess.

dcmetal108
02-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Ok, I'm in. Just doing free preview. Where are the Monday Nitros and why does it only have like 2 old Raw's? I thought it was going to be all of them? Is this just a free preview issue or am I not the only one?

Nope they don't have any WCW, ECW or WWE TV things. Also where are all those old WWE and WWF dvds and boxsets they promised!

PVH5150
02-25-2014, 06:43 PM
As they said before launch, 1,500 hours would be available at launch, the vast majority of which being every WWE/WCW/ECW PPV. That's the only thing they mentioned being available at launch.

Like Netflix, things will be uploaded periodically until the entire video library is uploaded. Wouldn't surprise me if it took over a year for the entire backlog to be uploaded. There's over 100,000 hours of content.

XDoomsayerX
02-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Orton vs Batista at Mania straight up da fuck :barf:

Also Taker vs Lesnar, taker might die

and Bryan vs HHH is :tp: that Dbry promo for the match was lame, no one truly gives a fuck to see this match.

Sanitarium78
02-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Orton vs Batista at Mania straight up da fuck :barf:

Also Taker vs Lesnar, taker might die

and Bryan vs HHH is :tp: that Dbry promo for the match was lame, no one truly gives a fuck to see this match.

You know, I thought they would finally get their heads out of their asses and have Bryan get the belt at mania. It looks like they are just gonna completely ignore the fans here and that's pathetic. After what happened at the PPV and on RAW, it's obvious Bryan isn't getting the title at mania which would've been the perfect culmination of his storyline that started at Summerslam. Getting the title should be the end game for Bryan, not beating Triple H.

This stupid decision making, combined with all the issues i'm reading about people are having with the WWE network, may have this year go down as one of the biggest flops for them ever.

adamclark52
02-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Isn't it just a case of "kinks that need to get worked out"?

dcmetal108
02-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Still can't get the network to stream anything.

Also remember the storyline D-Bry is in is just because Punk isn't around. Bry took the spot and story Punk was suppose to.

XDoomsayerX
02-25-2014, 11:06 PM
The Wyatt Shield angle has been dope though. Their match at EC was my MOTY so far.

Christen
02-26-2014, 12:55 AM
The WWE Network is pretty cool so far. Anything live works without a hitch but the archived PPV's have to stop and load quite a bit. I'm not sure if this some early problems or my Internet not being able to handle it although it can handle Netflix just fine. Pretty excited to watch WrestleMania this way.

Dextrimental
02-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I've read a couple of predictions saying that the HHH vs. D-Bry match will become the opener at 'Mania and if Bry wins, he gets into the title match. With five weeks to go, this seems somewhat likely.

Lesnar Vs. Taker is going to rule - HHH beating Lesnar last year kills the buzz of him being beaten by 'Taker though.

Bray's match with Cena and the Shield match will both rule HARD.

Overall though, they're handling Bryan absolutely terribly. He should have the title match locked. No-one wants to see Batista, and everyone is bored of Orton. If Bryan isn't in that title match, they have buried the title match at Wrestlemania 30, and that is pathetic.

John The Drummer
02-26-2014, 04:41 PM
This is pretty funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkgS0cM2h8

adamclark52
02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Triple H does not "open" Wrestlemania.

Triple H co-main events Wrestlemania.

Period.

XDoomsayerX
02-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Triple H does not "open" Wrestlemania.

Triple H co-main events Wrestlemania.

Period.

Triple H is gonna bury D-Bry like CM Punk and it will be a sad day :(

adamclark52
02-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Triple H is gonna bury D-Bry like CM Punk and it will be a sad day :(

Triple H does not lose to B-stars.

Triple H does not lose.

Period.

dcmetal108
02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I heard the first live NXT PPV on the network was awesome. Too bad I didn't catch it live and its not on the network.

adamclark52
02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...Jeff Hardy is now calling himself...Willow?

BloodoftheKings
02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
I heard the first live NXT PPV on the network was awesome. Too bad I didn't catch it live and its not on the network.

I watched it at my friend's house. Zayn v. Cesaro and Emma v. Paige were great matches. Ascension v. Too Cool was a treat as well. The network started fucking up a little before the main event so I only got to watch the very beginning and the end of that match.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Jeff Hardy is now calling himself...Willow?

That's actually an old gimmick from his pre-wwf days.

John The Drummer
02-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Wasn't he Willow The Wisp back then?

300%_Density
02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Wasn't he Willow The Wisp back then?

According to Wikipedia yes. It was when he was in OMEGA (Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts). After looking at it they actually had some decent wrestlers for such a small organization: Steve Corino, Joey Matthews, Christian York, Shane Helms, C.W. Anderson, & Lodi were names I recognized.

adamclark52
02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
So Willow, eh? Is it based off of one of his awesome songs?
I'm sorry but this is just a new level of early twenty-first century gay.

Maideneer
03-01-2014, 04:30 AM
So much for the network being uncensored, Armaggeddon 1999 blurs out Miss Kitty, oh well.

dcmetal108
03-01-2014, 06:23 AM
So much for the network being uncensored, Armaggeddon 1999 blurs out Miss Kitty, oh well.

:(

Sanitarium78
03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
I've actually liked the promos for Willow so far. For the first time ever i'm finding Jeff Hardy interesting. This is also the first time he's ever had a character. For some reason, i'm looking forward to how the character plays out. I give the guy credit for trying something new on TV considering the success he's had, it won't be easy for him to completely reinvent himself. It's odd that i'm interested in this considering i've never cared for Jeff Hardy.

Thoughts on the network so far:

I'm not surprised the nudity is edited out on the network. Miss Kitty's tits weren't anything that special from what I remember so no big loss there. She's was a nice looking woman but i've seen a lot better.

I watched a little bit of ECW November To Remember 1999 (I was there:D) and the language Taz used in the opening promo was not edited.

I'm still having buffering issues on my PS3 when trying to watch the on demand content. I've read that other PS3 users are having the same issues, so hopefully they can get that taken care of.

The live stream content has run pretty good for me so far. Every so often it will pause for a few seconds and then pick up again. The only live stream issue I had was when I was watching the live NXT special thursday night and the feed crapped out on me before the main event. I read tons of other people had that happen to so at least I wasn't alone there.

I hope the buffering issues get worked out soon because having all this content available to view is a wrestling fans wet dream.

Since the live NXT feed went out, I really hope they're ready to handle the viewers that Mania will bring in. It will be a total fucking disaster if they're not.

dcmetal108
03-01-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't like how using the Network it doesn't let you stop and resume playing.

Also look who I met today!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1798447_10201253881258999_720263117_n.jpg

adamclark52
03-01-2014, 02:05 PM
That's awesome.

Does Shawn Micheals do those appearances on behalf of the WWE or as a freelancer?

adamclark52
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
TNA wrestlers asked to take less pay. (http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/03/tna-wrestlers-asked-take-less-pay-sacrifice-poster-richards/)

Does the company that owns them make money?

dcmetal108
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
That's awesome.

Does Shawn Micheals do those appearances on behalf of the WWE or as a freelancer?

Freelance. The banner for him said Wrestling Legend, not mention of WWE and the 8x10 they were selling for $5 (that I got) was just a new pic of him standing in front of a truck. He was the guest at a autoshow here. Free signing too.

Tomorrow they have Jericho but I have work. Stood in line today for Michaels for around 3 hours.

adamclark52
03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, so Jeff Hardy (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/sbt/someone-bought-this-jeff-hardy-creature-inside-out-face-paint-shirt/).

And you know once he saw the design for this him and his drum machine wrote a song about it.

dcmetal108
03-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Dumbest shirt ever.

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Dumbest shirt ever.

I can think of so many ways to make fun of that shirt. I'll just say nothing and let it do my work for me.

There are so many bad wrestling shirts out there. Someone really needs to make a website dedicated to them all.

Sanitarium78
03-02-2014, 11:39 AM
There are so many bad wrestling shirts out there.

Like the new Cesaro shirt. It looks like something a redneck picked up at the flea market for $10.

http://shop.wwe.com/Cesaro-%22International-Superpower%22-Authentic-T-Shirt/W07009,default,pd.html?dwvar_W07009_color=Black&start=1&cgid=cesaro

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Like the new Cesaro shirt. It looks like something a redneck picked up at the flea market for $10.

http://shop.wwe.com/Cesaro-%22International-Superpower%22-Authentic-T-Shirt/W07009,default,pd.html?dwvar_W07009_color=Black&start=1&cgid=cesaro

It looks like they took any t-shirt for Walmart and photoshopped "Cesaro" on it.

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to think of the worst wrestling shirt of all-time, and there has to be a worse one, but right now all I can come up with is:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/302/398/apa_display_image.jpeg

But there are so many.

John The Drummer
03-02-2014, 01:23 PM

At least it isn't a 3 Wolf Moon....

BloodoftheKings
03-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Dirt sheets are saying Punk is confirmed to return tomorrow.

Sanitarium78
03-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Punk will be put into the world title match and win. That's the only way the WWE can save the disaster that this Mania is becoming. It looks like Vince may have got the message with Punk's walk out.

SAVE US NOW CM PUNK:rocker:

John The Drummer
03-02-2014, 02:55 PM
I bet Punk gets A LOT of shit in the locker room for being the kind of person that he is.... but at least he has the cajones to stand up for himself, and the business.

Dextrimental
03-02-2014, 03:05 PM
I bet Punk gets A LOT of shit in the locker room for being the kind of person that he is.... but at least he has the cajones to stand up for himself, and the business.

It's kept him popular with the divas anyway. He probably gets respected in the locker room, keeps himself to himself and doesn't screw with anyone's business.

Not even he could save the title match. It needs to be Bryan. Literally the only wrestler whose presence could make sure the crowd totally care.

XDoomsayerX
03-02-2014, 03:12 PM
People who complain that Punk left, cmon if your job is really pissing you off and making you unhappy you'd walk away too.

If Punk really does come back the only reason I see him coming back for is to main event WM.

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
If Punk really does come back the only reason I see him coming back for is to main event WM.

...against Triple H.

I'm sorry guys but the WWE ain't changing Wrestlemanias main event. You know why? How many of you are still ordering it? I'd say most of us. We'll bitch, moan and complain but we'll all still fork out money to watch it. And the WWE wins. No matter what crap they throw at us they'll still make a fortune. It's been going on like that for years. And it will keep going on like that until the day Vince dies. And by then Triple H and Staph will have been moulded to the same mindset as Vince.

What the WWE needs to change is another huge downturn in the industry, and that won't happen for at least five to ten years.

XDoomsayerX
03-02-2014, 07:23 PM
...against Triple H.

I'm sorry guys but the WWE ain't changing Wrestlemanias main event. You know why? How many of you are still ordering it? I'd say most of us. We'll bitch, moan and complain but we'll all still fork out money to watch it. And the WWE wins. No matter what crap they throw at us they'll still make a fortune. It's been going on like that for years. And it will keep going on like that until the day Vince dies. And by then Triple H and Staph will have been moulded to the same mindset as Vince.

What the WWE needs to change is another huge downturn in the industry, and that won't happen for at least five to ten years.

Agree completely. WWE needs competition and let's be real there isnt any.

With that being said I dont order PPV's nor have I watched one in awhile and prob wont watch WM this year.

If they bring back Punk hopefully that's a sign of change to come.

dcmetal108
03-02-2014, 08:36 PM
I'll be at Raw tomorrow night guys!

XDoomsayerX
03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
I'll be at Raw tomorrow night guys!

What signs you'll be holding up nig?

adamclark52
03-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I still think it's a long-shot that Punk comes back tonight but here's what would sell Wrestlemania to me. He comes back and they play off the whole "walking out" angle. He goes on about how he's sick of part-timers and wants to right all that's wrong in the WWE. And he wants to give the fans what they want. So he reaches an agreement with Triple H. They wrestle at Wrestlemania. If Triple H wins he'll leave or do something demeaning. But if he wins then Daniel Bryan gets added to the main event. I'm not sure if they're buddies or anything in real life but for the sake of the angle it would work. The outcone would be Bryan wins. Setting up a CM Punk heel turn and them going at each other for the title.

But in reality if he does cone back he'll get booked in a great match against Kane.

XDoomsayerX
03-03-2014, 09:23 PM
No Punk not surprised.

Wyatts Shield 2 was awesome, this feud needs to continue somehow.

dcmetal108
03-03-2014, 09:43 PM
So my full Raw rundown!

Main Event Taping - El Lucadores really suck, and having Ryback and Axel wrestling before the taping is sad, they really got buried. Locadores winning against them is even worse. Titus O Neal vs Zack Ryder sucked as well.

Onto Raw

- All night even before the main event taping the Punk chants were loud and insane. Throughout the entire night I'm saying at least 100 Punk chants happening. Beginning of Raw with Punks video the chant was almost deafening. Never heard a crowd so loud in my life. Crowd booed most of Heyman. Crowd booed Lesner and cheered Henry. Chanted holy shit and this is awesome when he picked him up and F-5'd him through a table.

-New Age Outlaws got booed so badly, Usos pop was huge. Road Dogg tried going against the crowd and got booed to shit. Usos winning the belt and the crowd went nuts.

-Divas match, the only thing people cheered for was the Bellas shaking their ass and we want puppies.

-Del Rio v Christian. Crowd gave zero shits for Christian. Booed him and Del Rio. Many this match sucks, boo, this is boring, this is awful, we want wrestling, cm punk, yes, and even JBL and Jerry Lawler chants to which both announcers acknowledged. Every time a close pin would happen the crowd would boo and chant this match sucks. Also even got a Ziggy and We Want Ziggler chant in there.

-Shield v Wyatts. Holy fuck that match was insane. Crowd loved both and even when they were doing the stare down from ramp and ring the crowd was chanting this is awesome. All high flying moves got a holy shit chant and most of the match was spent chanting this is awesome. Crowd loved and it didn't care who won. Fucking great match.

-Big E vs Cesaro / Big E vs Swagger. Crowd chanted we the people alot, LOVED Cesaro and booed Swagger. Big E got very little love. Chanted swagger sucks alot.

- D-Bry got nonstop love. Never have I saw so many people into the same thing. An entire sold out arena on their feet chanting yes and doing finger pokes in the air. Gave me goosebumps. HHH and Steph walking out got cheers since its HHH then boos. Steph also has a huge fat ass. When the crowd booed Steph so loud she couldn't talk she kept looking away smiling and laughing. Whenever Steph talked the crowd booed so loudly that we weren't able to hear her. I still don't know what she said. HHH got booed, called a asshole. Punk chants, Yes chants, douchebag, tool, you sold out, nonstop. Kane got booed as well.

-Paul Bearer announcement had the crowd on their feet cheering and clapping for several minutes.

-Batista got booed like nuts. Even the previews for him got booed. You cant wrestle, you look winded, you suck, boo, chants about bad shape, bootista, and more. Dude is horrible and in such bad health. It was pathetic to see. His powerbomb to D-Bry was shit and the crowd called him on a few moves he botched. You could see he was pissed. Orton was booed at well. After Raw went off the air Big Show came to D-Brys rescue then we he got overpowered Cena came out. Finished the night with all three doing their finisher to Orton.

-Fandango and his bimbo v Santino and Emma was great. The dancing to 'dango was funny but god damn Emma is huge. The arena blew up for him. God damn she is hot was well. Match was okay but fuck Emma can wrestle.

-When Ziggy drove up to the ramp in the car and came out the place blew up. I jumped out my seat and screamed (not expecting him to be there) then Aaron Paul runs out of the car (also didn't know he was there) and the place went nuts. Jesse chants and Ziggler chants galore. Short match but still Aaron Paul was clearly loving it as he was standing on the announcer table.

-Cena was great. Chicago fucking hates him and he kept breaking character clearly. Between booing him, cheering that he can't wrestle, and cheering that the Wyatts got him it was loud and fun.

Overall I may be missing some stuff but RAW was great. The crowd was over the top loud, insane, and so not PG so I'm assuming 90% of this was muted live. Ill add more if I remember.

Also June 1st, Payback PPV in Chicago!

adamclark52
03-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Well at least they acknowledged Punk. A tease like that means there may be more to the story than we're being told. Hasn't his body been in bad shape the last few years. Maybe his doctor told him take time off now or else. But if the WWE was seriously "done" with him they wouldn't have done what they did tonight.

dcmetal108
03-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Well at least they acknowledged Punk. A tease like that means there may be more to the story than we're being told. Hasn't his body been in bad shape the last few years. Maybe his doctor told him take time off now or else. But if the WWE was seriously "done" with him they wouldn't have done what they did tonight.

They would of teased him even if he's done. They further buried him. I mean now there is no point in his return. Unless they save him for Junes PPV in Chicago no place will pop for him like Chicago.

adamclark52
03-04-2014, 08:09 AM
They would of teased him even if he's done. They further buried him. I mean now there is no point in his return. Unless they save him for Junes PPV in Chicago no place will pop for him like Chicago.

I don't know. Maybe fifteen years ago the WWE would've seen the need to bury him but the WWE of today is too straight-laced.

XDoomsayerX
03-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Honestly Raw was disappointing last night aside from Shield Wyatts 2, Usos winning and the Paul Heyman promo(pretty much the first hour). Cesaro was wasted, Bastista and Orton are still boring, Cena cuts the same lame promo, and HHH buries legit talent and puts himself over. I dig like it when he says he doesnt lace up his boots for B+ players though cuz Punk wasnt lacing his boots up for HHH.

The crowd should've really shown their dissatisfaction with the company at the end of the show by throwing trash or something.

John The Drummer
03-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I only watched the first hour/hour and a half and.....

I read the live "Spoilers" (West Coast here) so I knew that Punk wasn't coming back, even though the ending sure seemed like it was going to happen.... but when his music hit and the crowd went berserk I got chills.... I knew it was Heyman, but it was still just chilling to hear the love that Punk WOULD have gotten. I miss Punk as much as the next guy, it would be amazing for him to come back, but gotta respect him for his decision. If he isn't coming back in his home town of Chicago, then I am sure he won't be back any time soon.

The Uso's winning the title was AWESOME. So good for them, hope the New Age Outlaws call it quits now. I love them, but please, give the new blood some room.

Cesaro, yes, wasted talent last night, but still so fun to watch. Side note... the crowd needs to learn how to count :lol:

Shield vs Wyatt's... YES, YES, YES, YES. That match was great.... they really needed to save that match for WrestleMania.

rjturtle9
03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Cesaro, yes, wasted talent last night, but still so fun to watch. Side note... the crowd needs to learn how to count :lol:

They were counting seconds not the rotations. He used to do it in the indies.

XDoomsayerX
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Everyone needs to see Cesaor vs Sami Zayn from NXT Arrival. MOTY plus the segment afterwords was class.

Wyatts vs Shield I/II and D-Bry vs Wyatt are only matches that come close.

Seriously Cesaro is a beast and best wrestler in wrestling right now. Dude can make an uppercut look brutal and badass in so much ways.

Dextrimental
03-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I've read a couple of predictions saying that the HHH vs. D-Bry match will become the opener at 'Mania and if Bry wins, he gets into the title match. With five weeks to go, this seems somewhat likely.

Might not be opener, but this is happening as of right now.

Y'all were wrong, but something tells me we're all glad of it! :D

adamclark52
03-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Might not be opener, but this is happening as of right now.

Y'all were wrong, but something tells me we're all glad of it! :D

Ive begun thinking that may be a good angle for the last few weeks.

And you can't say that it's never been done before, no one knew the main even of Wrestlemania IV until a half an hour before it happened.

And if they want that big Wrestlemania moment to imortalize Wrestlemania XXX Daniel Bryan winning the title would be it.

I hope you're right. I'm very skeptical but I hope you're right. That stipulation alone would be enough for me to order Wrestlemania.

Abd if Triple H BEAT him, and he got the title match or something, then I may be seriously done with the WWE.

XDoomsayerX
03-10-2014, 08:09 PM

And you can't say that it's never been done before, no one knew the main even of Wrestlemania IV until a half an hour before it happened.

And if they want that big Wrestlemania moment to imortalize Wrestlemania XXX Daniel Bryan winning the title would be it.

I hope you're right. I'm very skeptical but I hope you're right. That stipulation alone would be enough for me to order Wrestlemania.

Abd if Triple H BEAT him, and he got the title match or something, then I may be seriously done with the WWE.

Agree. Last time I stopped watching for about 2 years but if HHH buries D-Bry I'm gonna walk away until Punk comes back or something.

Also they added a 30 man battle royal. Not bad, they can put a bunch of talent in that (Ziggler, Zack Ryder, NXT dudes like Sami Zayn and Neville, Santino, Fandango Sandow, Mysterio.etc). If Cesaro vs Swag doesnt happen I see him winning this battle royal and getting a massive push afterwards otherwise Rusev wins it for a big WM debut.

Also added Bray vs Cena. Thus far Bray has cut damn fine promos and I'm sure this match will be entertaining.

Hopefully they dont make Usos vs NAO straight up for the titles they put on bland matches. Maybe a 4-way TLC match with the Rhodes Bros and another tag team.

Prob gonna add Sheamus vs Christian Last Man Standing match and end this damn feud.

Dextrimental
03-10-2014, 08:19 PM

It just got confirmed on Raw with a promo of Bry vs. HHH :D

Bray vs. Cena will be good.

Looking like a Last Man Standing or Iron Man match for Christian and Sheamus, either would be great.

Some form or ridiculous tag match is sure to be added, and the Shield triple threat. The bill as of now is actually looking very promising.

Also, yeah, I got back into wrestling the last year, I'd nope straight back out if HHH buried Bryan.

Maideneer
03-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Let's say Trips gets the win at WM30 to pump himself up more, we all surely have to watch the Raw the night after don't we? Many reasons...

1) It's at Smoothie King Center
2) The crowd usually is bonkers
3) Maybe DB wins the title on Raw against Orton who can disappear for a while

adamclark52
03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
The worst thing about speculating the Triple H could bury Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania is that it very well could happen. I'd say it's fifty-fifty.

Nater
03-10-2014, 08:44 PM
The worst thing about speculating the Triple H could bury Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania is that it very well could happen. I'd say it's fifty-fifty.

I say it happens if anything to carry this stuff through Summerslam where he gets a title shot with Bootista

adamclark52
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM
People go on about Triple H getting in charge and how great it will be for the business. It very well will be, someday. But as long as Triple H still feels he can go in the ring he'll always feel it's okay to put himself over anyone else. He could be a sixty year old man, if he wants to win the Royal Rumble there's no one to stop him from doing it...hmm, that sounds familiar.

XDoomsayerX
03-10-2014, 09:55 PM
I say it happens if anything to carry this stuff through Summerslam where he gets a title shot with Bootista

Hell no, this storyline is already on repeat. Dbry will face Big Show again watch :tp:

People go on about Triple H getting in charge and how great it will be for the business. It very well will be, someday. But as long as Triple H still feels he can go in the ring he'll always feel it's okay to put himself over anyone else. He could be a sixty year old man, if he wants to win the Royal Rumble there's no one to stop him from doing it...hmm, that sounds familiar.

Sadly I agree :/

BloodoftheKings
03-10-2014, 10:14 PM
At first I thought HHH would probably win but with the announcement tonight I think there's no way HHH is going over at Mania. The main reason they would do something like this is to make people actually give a shit about the main event and prevent the crowd from booing the match.

adamclark52
03-10-2014, 10:20 PM
At first I thought HHH would probably win but with the announcement tonight I think there's no way HHH is going over at Mania.The main reason they would do something like this is to make people actually give a shit about the main event and prevent the crowd from booing the match.

Triple H is the same guy who went in to Summerslam 2003 with a torn groin, to the point where he could barely walk, against a fucking hot Goldberg and won. And he wasn't even running the company (officially) then. I know a lot of people hate Goldberg but there was no reason for him not to have won that match. Especially when Triple H ended up losing to him the next month, only all the wind was out of the sails by then.

Until I see it I will not believe it. But I'm probably ordering Wrestlemania now.

dcmetal108
03-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Triple H is the same guy who went in to Summerslam 2003 with a torn groin, to the point where he could barely walk, against a fucking hot Goldberg and won. And he wasn't even running the company (officially) then. I know a lot of people hate Goldberg but there was no reason for him not to have won that match. Especially when Triple H ended up losing to him the next month, only all the wind was out of the sails by then.

Until I see it I will not believe it. But I'm probably ordering Wrestlemania now.

It's because WWE saw little use to Goldberg. Same reason they haven't paid his insane fee to bring him back.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 01:29 AM
It's because WWE saw little use to Goldberg. Same reason they haven't paid his insane fee to bring him back.

Yes. But I think Triple H's massive nose and ego play in to it as well.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
If you all haven't noticed yet, I fucking hate Triple H.

Sanitarium78
03-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Triple H will lose to Bryan. There's no way they add that stipulation and have Bryan lose. For all the bitching people do about HHH, they seem to forget that he's put over Benoit, Batista and Cena at Mania when the title was on the line. He's shown that if it's the right thing to do, he will put over the other guy and make him a star (or in Cena's case a bigger star) at mania. That's what he will do with Bryan this year. He won't pull what he did with Booker T at mania 19 because race isn't an issue in this feud.

I think Vince realises what a disaster a heel vs heel match would be for the world title at Wrestlemania and inserting Bryan is the only way to save it. I have to give the fans all the credit here because without their undying support for Bryan, I don't think Vince would've agreed to put him in the title match when he beats HHH. Wrestlemania ending with Bryan winning the world title is the only way to close this show. I think Vince is aware that if this doesn't happen, he risks losing fans and a lot of money.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I witnessed live the fingerpoke of doom, Vince McMahon winning a Royal Rumble, Triple H vs Booker T at Wrestlemania XIX, the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003, Randy Ortons championship celebration after Summerslam 2004, Cena returning at Royal Rumble 2008, this past years Royal Rumble, Cena overcoming the odds and winning a match in the last minute after getting dominated and so many other events that have just pissed me off. Sometimes because the person who won was injured or supposed to be injured and you were left wondering "why the hell did he win"? Other times were you were just like, "what the fuck, you've got to be kidding me, again!". I was SHOCKED when Triple H tapped at Wrestlemania XX.

So I'm very, very jaded. The WWE has a long history of doing exactly the opposite of what I want to see. And until I see Triple H get pinned 1-2-3 I will not believe he's losing. Especially if a championship stipulation gets added where either winner gets added to the main event.

XDoomsayerX
03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
I witnessed live the fingerpoke of doom, Vince McMahon winning a Royal Rumble, Triple H vs Booker T at Wrestlemania XIX, the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam 2003, Randy Ortons championship celebration after Summerslam 2004, Cena returning at Royal Rumble 2008, this past years Royal Rumble, Cena overcoming the odds and winning a match in the last minute after getting dominated and so many other events that have just pissed me off. Sometimes because the person who won was injured or supposed to be injured and you were left wondering "why the hell did he win"? Other times were you were just like, "what the fuck, you've got to be kidding me, again!". I was SHOCKED when Triple H tapped at Wrestlemania XX.

So I'm very, very jaded. The WWE has a long history of doing exactly the opposite of what I want to see. And until I see Triple H get pinned 1-2-3 I will not believe he's losing. Especially if a championship stipulation gets added where either winner gets added to the main event.

Ya think HHH vs D-bry will open WM or will it be just before Orton vs Batista?

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Ya think HHH vs D-bry will open WM or will it be just before Orton vs Batista?

That's a hard one to say. First and foremost, Triple H DOES NOT open Wrestlemania. I'd say it would be in the middle, followed by a filler match, the Undertaker/Lesnar match, maybe another filler match, a Hogan segment, the Hall of Fame then the main event. It's looking like Cena will probably be in the first half, unless his match is considered one of those filler matches.

However, having it right before the main event would give them a reason to have Bryan lose. They can play the whole "he's just been through hell with Triple H" angle and have him go in already beaten and broken. But if they really want to push Bryan they can go with that angle and have him win. Or have Triple H job him out in seventeen seconds then go on to win the belt in less than five minutes.

There are a lot of ways it could go. It will at least hopefully make for an interesting show.

JRA
03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Triple H will lose to Bryan. There's no way they add that stipulation and have Bryan lose. For all the bitching people do about HHH, they seem to forget that he's put over Benoit, Batista and Cena at Mania when the title was on the line. He's shown that if it's the right thing to do, he will put over the other guy and make him a star (or in Cena's case a bigger star) at mania. That's what he will do with Bryan this year. He won't pull what he did with Booker T at mania 19 because race isn't an issue in this feud.

I fail to see what this has to do with anything.

There is a way to have HHH in the opening match that would allow him to get some ego satisfaction. If I was HHH I would come out next week and bring up Bret's negative comments about him from a couple years back, bring up the match between Owen & Bret at WMX, and say how its considered the greatest opening Wrestlemania match ever. Then he spitefully says he and Bryan will have a match so good it will make Owen/Bret look like a 4/10.

Dextrimental
03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I fail to see what this has to do with anything.

There is a way to have HHH in the opening match that would allow him to get some ego satisfaction. If I was HHH I would come out next week and bring up Bret's negative comments about him from a couple years back, bring up the match between Owen & Bret at WMX, and say how its considered the greatest opening Wrestlemania match ever. Then he spitefully says he and Bryan will have a match so good it will make Owen/Bret look like a 4/10.

If Triple H openly slanders Owen Hart like that the crowd will burn down the venue. Not a smart move.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 03:20 PM
He won't curtain jerk, ever. He's already successfully made his match more important than anything else on the card.

Dextrimental
03-11-2014, 04:05 PM
He won't curtain jerk, ever. He's already successfully made his match more important than anything else on the card.

It's very open right now where the match will be on the card and what not, but yeah, the HHH match is now the key match of the event. Whether or not people are satisfied with 'Mania literally hinges on it.

JRA
03-11-2014, 06:32 PM
If Triple H openly slanders Owen Hart like that the crowd will burn down the venue. Not a smart move.

He's a heel, heat is heat. Besides half the kids today wouldn't know Owen Hart if he came up to them and piledrive broke their neck.

and since when the fuck is the first match a curtain jerker? The first match is supposed to start the show off with a bang to get the crowd hot. The second match is a curtain jerker.

dcmetal108
03-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Off topic did anyone see how the TNA PPV only drew like 200 people.

XDoomsayerX
03-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Off topic did anyone see how the TNA PPV only drew like 200 people.

Ya watched bits of the last match and that arena looked super empty. Does TNA even make a profit? :eyes:

dcmetal108
03-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Ya watched bits of the last match and that arena looked super empty. Does TNA even make a profit? :eyes:

Nope, they are losing money like a sinking ship. That's where for contract negotiations they are asking wrestling to take as much as 50% or more paycut.

XDoomsayerX
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Nope, they are losing money like a sinking ship. That's where for contract negotiations they are asking wrestling to take as much as 50% or more paycut.

Damn. Ya WWE will never have competition and dude if ya went to TWY in Chicago review that!

adamclark52
03-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Does their parent company make money?

Sanitarium78
03-12-2014, 12:40 PM
I read the TNA PPV drew around 900 people. Still not a good number considering they only have four or five PPVs a year now. They have no clue how to market. With some of the talent they have/had there over the years they should at least be able to draw 3,000-4,000 people for a PPV. The problem is, nobody knows about them since they have no clue how to get their name out there. The main reason they're still in business is because they have a TV contract. As long as wrestling company has a weekly TV show, they can stay alive for a long time.

Losing money wasn't the only thing that caused WCW and ECW to close. They weren't able to get new TV deals and that's what finally killed those promotions off.

John The Drummer
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I've been really out of the loop with everything this week, but its great to see WrestleMania shaping into a (hopefully) really solid event. Anyone wanna bet that the Battle Royal will be won by a jobber, because its WWE.... :eyes:

adamclark52
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I've been really out of the loop with everything this week, but its great to see WrestleMania shaping into a (hopefully) really solid event. Anyone wanna bet that the Battle Royal will be won by a jobber, because its WWE.... :eyes:

I don't know if he's even in it but I bet it'll be that Alexander Russev guy.

PVH5150
03-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Anyone wanna bet that the Battle Royal will be won by a jobber, because its WWE.... :eyes:

Barry Horowitz or gtfo.

XDoomsayerX
03-13-2014, 09:41 PM

My bet is on El Torito...ya know to be ironic. Then he will face D-bry in a Goat vs El Torito match. Thats money nikkuh!

adamclark52
03-13-2014, 09:48 PM
My bet is on El Torito...ya know to be ironic. Then he will face D-bry in a Goat vs El Torito match. Thats money nikkuh!

Don't say that stuff out loud, Vince may be reading.

Sanitarium78
03-14-2014, 05:45 AM
I don't know if he's even in it but I bet it'll be that Alexander Russev guy.

Probably, since Vince likes to push the bid bad foreign guy with limited in ring talent and no ability to get over with the crowd. Russev is the next Vladmir Kozlov, bank on that.

John The Drummer
03-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Big Slow and Russev as the final 2.

adamclark52
03-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Probably, since Vince likes to push the bid bad foreign guy with limited in ring talent and no ability to get over with the crowd. Russev is the next Vladmir Kozlov, bank on that.

Yup, in six months he'll be dressed in a chicken outfit tagging with Santino Marella on Main Event.

XDoomsayerX
03-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Yup, in six months he'll be dressed in a chicken outfit tagging with Santino Marella on Main Event.

Thats gold! Next tag champs just think about it The Cobra Strike and The Chicken Peck. Genius just genius.

adamclark52
03-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Thats gold! Next tag champs just think about it The Cobra Strike and The Chicken Peck. Genius just genius.

Vince, is that you Vince? Don't do it Vince.

BloodoftheKings
03-15-2014, 09:44 PM
watch?v=kFJQSQnbMgc

adamclark52
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
^

Well at least he's letting us know what we're getting. We can't be mad at anyone but ourselves.

Sanitarium78
03-16-2014, 05:43 AM
So, to the Triple H haters, who exactly do you think he's buried in his career? Because most of the guys people claim he has done this to, turned out to have fine careers in the end.

JRA
03-16-2014, 06:56 AM
So, to the Triple H haters, who exactly do you think he's buried in his career? Because most of the guys people claim he has done this to, turned out to have fine careers in the end.

Booker T certainly wasn't as big of a star as he should have been.

adamclark52
03-16-2014, 07:36 AM

Valid point. Most of the guys he beat in 2002-2005 really weren't people I wanted to see as champion. I just wanted to see him lose.

My problem is I read dirt-sheets a lot in the early 2000's when he was moving in on Stephanie and moving in on the company and got caught up in the whole "he's doing it just to seal his spot on top". It's been hard to break out of that mindset for me, especially when he was the top star for five or six years there and I felt he wasn't on the level of the Rock, Austin or the Undertaker.

I still believe he wouldn't be where he is if he didn't marry Stephanie.

Dextrimental
03-16-2014, 11:58 AM
I still believe he wouldn't be where he is if he didn't marry Stephanie.

Agreed on that.

I do think him and Steph are two of the best heels the company has had in a while. Them on the mic is always a good promo.

adamclark52
03-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Agreed on that.

I do think him and Steph are two of the best heels the company has had in a while. Them on the mic is always a good promo.

Probably. Problem is some people are good heels but I like them (the Rock, Batista, CM Punk). Stephanie I genuinely hate. As a heel in wrestling but also as a spokesperson outside of wrestling. No matter what she does I hate her. I see her promoting the Performance Center or the WWE or whatever and I hate her. Something about her just doesn't feel genuine to me. And she seems like a robot to me. She doesn't sound like she stands behind anything she says. I guess she gets that from Linda. She's has the combination of the brain-washed, narrow-minded, ingnorance of her father with the robotic, drone of her mother. She's too much the traits I don't like of both her parents. A puppet is basically what I see her as. Vince McMahons puppet who he probably sees as more attractive to the next generation of investors.

But I've said before that the only member of the McMahon family I really have any time for is Shane. And isn't there another daughter?

300%_Density
03-16-2014, 02:16 PM
But I've said before that the only member of the McMahon family I really have any time for is Shane. And isn't there another daughter?

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_trending/public/video/thumb/2012/03/20000827_shane.jpg

adamclark52
03-16-2014, 02:23 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_trending/public/video/thumb/2012/03/20000827_shane.jpg

Even aside from that, he seems like the most level-headed member of the family. The best one on the mic (aside from Vince). He seemed fine being off camera and doing his thing backstage...unlike Stephanie. And I respect him for backing away from the WWE and trying to do something on his own, unlike Steph. He seems like the only "normal" one.

And I was wrong, there isn't another daughter. I was thinking about the Osbournes.

XDoomsayerX
03-16-2014, 08:38 PM
HHH pinned CM Punk. Ya fuck that.

XDoomsayerX
03-17-2014, 07:19 PM
If HHH wins he joins the triple threat match. Yup HHH will be champ and bury D-bry and Batista's skinny jeans thats what best for business.

adamclark52
03-17-2014, 07:29 PM
If HHH wins he joins the triple threat match. Yup HHH will be champ and bury D-bry and Batista's skinny jeans thats what best for business.

If that fucking peice of shit wins I swear I will be done with the WWE. Swear to fucking god I will never watch again.

JRA
03-17-2014, 07:36 PM
HHH pinned CM Punk. Ya fuck that.

Sanitarium78, this is pretty much the lynch pin of any modern hatred towards HHH.

Sanitarium78
03-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Sanitarium78, this is pretty much the lynch pin of any modern hatred towards HHH.

Well, it shouldn't be considering HHH winning that match meant nothing in the long run. Punk won the belt two months later to start his 434 day reign.

JRA
03-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Well, it shouldn't be considering HHH winning that match meant nothing in the long run. Punk won the belt two months later to start his 434 day reign.

A reign that really meant nothing because it devalued the belt. CM Punk was never allowed to headline a match over John Cena during that whole time, unless Cena was out or injured.

rjturtle9
03-18-2014, 01:28 AM
A reign that really meant nothing because it devalued the belt. CM Punk was never allowed to headline a match over John Cena during that whole time, unless Cena was out or injured.

This pretty much.

John The Drummer
03-18-2014, 09:16 AM
BUT GUYZ!!! IF HHH IS IN THE MAIN EVENT IT'LL BE 3 MEMBERS OF EVOLUTION FIGHTINGS EACH OTHERS!!!!!!! THAT'D BE SOOoooOoOOoOooooOoO KEWL! .... not

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 09:24 AM
BUT GUYZ!!! IF HHH IS IN THE MAIN EVENT IT'LL BE 3 MEMBERS OF EVOLUTION FIGHTINGS EACH OTHERS!!!!!!! THAT'D BE SOOoooOoOOoOooooOoO KEWL! .... not

More like three of Triple H's buddies. Throw in Shawn Micheals as special referee, Kevin Nash as the outside enforcer and X-Pac as timekeeper!

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 10:58 AM
http://www.twnpnews.com/2014/03/tna-spending-300000-run-major-venue-new-york-city/

Its just getting too easy to mock TNA. If they were going to rent out a venue like this they should really have done it for Bound For Glory if anything. When their pay per views bring in five hundred people, three house shows will just...gah, TNA.

Maideneer
03-18-2014, 11:25 AM
And in the same venue as the original Raw shows, how cute.

dcmetal108
03-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I say all three shows combined will draw less than 1,000

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 11:44 AM
What's the capacity of Hammerstein?

John The Drummer
03-18-2014, 01:52 PM
I'd like to say this, just for the record, that I think Hulk Hogan's two promos he has done since coming back have been god awful and sounding scripted as hell.

That is all.

PVH5150
03-18-2014, 02:07 PM
What's the capacity of Hammerstein?

2,500ish.

MPF
03-18-2014, 02:08 PM
The Ultimate Warrior is going to be at Minneapolis Comic Con this year. You bet your fat clown ass I will be there.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 02:12 PM
2,500ish.

Then this has "epic fail" written all over it.

Maideneer
03-18-2014, 02:23 PM
It's 2500'ish for GA shows, but significantly less than that for shows with a ring.

adamclark52
03-18-2014, 02:42 PM
It's 2500'ish for GA shows, but significantly less than that for shows with a ring.

By "significantly less" do you mean a few hundred, half paid?

Maideneer
03-18-2014, 05:01 PM
I'd say over a thousand but under 2K.

John The Drummer
03-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Sting is going to be in New Orleans during WrestleMania weekend. He'll be doing a WrestleCon, but ya never know, all the rumours of him coming to WWE could be true....

Sanitarium78
03-18-2014, 08:17 PM
TNA doing shows at the Hammerstein ballroom is a great idea actually. The money they're paying to rent it seems a bit crazy though. Then again, everything is more expensive in NYC. I'm not sure they will be able to make that money back with these shows though. This is a step in the right direction for them since there really isn't too many better cities to book wrestling shows in. They need to do a lot more shows up north in cities like this where wrestling is hot. ROH runs shows at Hammerstein somewhat regularly and they always seem to do OK. There's no reason to think that TNA wouldn't be able to draw a respectable crowd there.

TNA does need a new champion to help them draw up there. Magnus just isn't gonna do it. They should put the belt on Bully Ray and have him come back home to NYC as champ to help draw some better crowds. Samoa Joe would be another good choice as champion going into these shows since he might be able to bring in some long time ROH fans who remember him from his days there. But this thinking makes sense, so you know TNA won't do it.

dcmetal108
03-18-2014, 09:05 PM
The Ultimate Warrior is going to be at Minneapolis Comic Con this year. You bet your fat clown ass I will be there.

Since it's comic con be prepared for a pic and autograph to cost at least $100+ and to be waiting in line for at least 6+ hours, if you can get in line before they cap it.

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd like to say this, just for the record, that I think Hulk Hogan's two promos he has done since coming back have been god awful and sounding scripted as hell.

That is all.

Hulk Hogan is gonna be champ dude right after the main event at Wm he's gonna use his guest host powers to have a match with the winner hit the leg drop and boom. Respect the Hulk nig!

Sting is going to be in New Orleans during WrestleMania weekend. He'll be doing a WrestleCon, but ya never know, all the rumours of him coming to WWE could be true....

Man if Sting comes back him and Taker need to train for a year and put on a match next WM.

TNA doing shows at the Hammerstein ballroom is a great idea actually. The money they're paying to rent it seems a bit crazy though. Then again, everything is more expensive in NYC. I'm not sure they will be able to make that money back with these shows though. This is a step in the right direction for them since there really isn't too many better cities to book wrestling shows in. They need to do a lot more shows up north in cities like this where wrestling is hot. ROH runs shows at Hammerstein somewhat regularly and they always seem to do OK. There's no reason to think that TNA wouldn't be able to draw a respectable crowd there.

TNA does need a new champion to help them draw up there. Magnus just isn't gonna do it. They should put the belt on Bully Ray and have him come back home to NYC as champ to help draw some better crowds. Samoa Joe would be another good choice as champion going into these shows since he might be able to bring in some long time ROH fans who remember him from his days there. But this thinking makes sense, so you know TNA won't do it.

TNA is so bad right now. Magnus is a borefest, every match has interference, and OMG another heel turn.

I like the TNA talent has to offer though. Women division can go, Aries, Joe, Angle, The American Wolves, Booby, just to name a few are ace. Just need better booking.

AnthG
03-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Hasn't Sting said time and again he'll never sign with WWE?

300%_Density
03-19-2014, 08:11 PM

I think that was probably having more to do w/ the then "risque" content the WWF was doing in late 90s. Plus I'm sure that the WWE checks he would get are in no worry of bouncing unlike the TNA checks that will probably be bouncing ECW style before too long.

Interesting read: If You Are Like Adam Clark and Hate HHH or Any McMahon Who Isn't Shane I Wouldn't Click Here (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/A_Look_at_Salaries_for_WWE_Executives_How_Much_Mon ey_Triple_H_Made_Since_2011_and_More.html)

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I think that was probably having more to do w/ the then "risque" content the WWF was doing in late 90s. Plus I'm sure that the WWE checks he would get are in no worry of bouncing unlike the TNA checks that will probably be bouncing ECW style before too long.

Interesting read: If You Are Like Adam Clark and Hate HHH or Any McMahon Who Isn't Shane I Wouldn't Click Here (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/A_Look_at_Salaries_for_WWE_Executives_How_Much_Mon ey_Triple_H_Made_Since_2011_and_More.html)

I don't care how much they make. I actually want them to make lots of money because if they're making money then the business is thriving. I just want them to be the bosses, stay backstage and show up once and awhile to play the boss role. Not book themselves into main events at Wrestlemania, title pictures or spend more time on camera than the rest of the roster combined.

Sanitarium78
03-19-2014, 08:40 PM

There's an interview with him on youtube where he explains why he didn't sign with them. He didn't trust that they would book his character properly since the guys from WCW were made to look weak and not on the same level as the WWE guys during the invasion storyline in 2001. I don't recall him ever saying that he would never sign with the WWE. TNA let him do what he wanted and booked his character strong, that's why he stayed there as long as he did. At 50 something years old, i'm sure he realizes now that signing with the WWE will ensure he will get the respect and legend status he deserves. I'm sure if he comes to the WWE that he will wrestle a few matches and then be inducted into the WWE hall of fame a few years after that. He will probably get a DVD made about his career and be in future WWE video games to. There's not as much money in Sting being in the WWE as there would've been a decade or so ago but there's still a few things he can do to make some money for himself and the company.

dcmetal108
03-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't care how much they make. I actually want them to make lots of money because if they're making money then the business is thriving. I just want them to be the bosses, stay backstage and show up once and awhile to play the boss role. Not book themselves into main events at Wrestlemania, title pictures or spend more time on camera than the rest of the roster combined.

I honestly expected they'd make more.

AnthG
03-19-2014, 09:15 PM
There's an interview with him on youtube where he explains why he didn't sign with them. He didn't trust that they would book his character properly since the guys from WCW were made to look weak and not on the same level as the WWE guys during the invasion storyline in 2001. I don't recall him ever saying that he would never sign with the WWE. TNA let him do what he wanted and booked his character strong, that's why he stayed there as long as he did. At 50 something years old, i'm sure he realizes now that signing with the WWE will ensure he will get the respect and legend status he deserves. I'm sure if he comes to the WWE that he will wrestle a few matches and then be inducted into the WWE hall of fame a few years after that. He will probably get a DVD made about his career and be in future WWE video games to. There's not as much money in Sting being in the WWE as there would've been a decade or so ago but there's still a few things he can do to make some money for himself and the company.

Yeah that whole first part about the Invasion stuff was pretty much what I was referring to.

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 09:16 PM
I honestly expected they'd make more.

I didn't read too much in to it but did it mention stock options and how the McMahons own like sixty percent of those?

XDoomsayerX
03-19-2014, 09:37 PM
The Shield vs Kane+NAO at WM what a waste of quality talent :barf:

adamclark52
03-19-2014, 09:40 PM

Well it's good that the Shield will be staying around for a while longer, but what the fuck?

Sanitarium78
03-20-2014, 06:53 AM

Where did Kane teaming with the Outlaws come from? The Outlaws teaming up with him is just funny because what exactly are they gonna do against The Shield? The Shield has torn through every top guy in the WWE since they started. Even back in their prime the Outlaws would've been no match for them. At least the Shield isn't being thrown in to the Andre memorial battle royale like everyone else is. With the Shield turning "face" officially on RAW this week, it will help breathe some new life in to the group and let them run together a little bit longer. It also allows for them to start back up their feud with the Wyatts, so i'm all for the turn.

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2014, 07:00 AM
Where did Kane teaming with the Outlaws come from? The Outlaws teaming up with him is just funny because what exactly are they gonna do against The Shield? The Shield has torn through every top guy in the WWE since they started. Even back in their prime the Outlaws would've been no match for them. At least the Shield isn't being thrown in to the Andre memorial battle royale like everyone else is. With the Shield turning "face" officially on RAW this week, it will help breathe some new life in to the group and let them run together a little bit longer. It also allows for them to start back up their feud with the Wyatts, so i'm all for the turn.

On tomorrow night's Smackdown the Shield are in a 4 way tag match. It ends in a no contest when Kane comes out to attack the Shield and the Outlaws help him.

PVH5150
03-20-2014, 05:04 PM

Remove The Shield, insert X-Pac, and this could've been a Tag Team Title match 15 Wrestlemanias ago.

John The Drummer
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I love the Shield... but I'd rather they break them up and have a triple threat match.... or Wyatt's vs Shield III....

John The Drummer
03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah... I watched Main Event last night... what a mistake... that Diva's tag match was horrendous. Alicia Fox needs to go to NXT or something... she is so terrible in the ring.

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Alicia Fox needs to go to NXT or something... she is so terrible in the ring.

Must have been an off night or something, she's actually one of the better ones.

Sanitarium78
03-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Alicia Fox actually does wrestle down in NXT an OK amount. She was fuckin terrible when she first started but i've noticed recently that she's turned out to be pretty solid in the ring. That's what sucks about getting a push before you're ready like she did with the divas title a few years ago. If the light finally goes on for the performer after their big push has died, rarely do they get that chance again once they've figured everything out. Especially if we're talking about the female performers.

Maideneer
03-21-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm watching WWE Network, some random ECW thing is on. Shane Douglas vs The Sandman and Paul E. Dangerously & Sherri Martel, Terry Funk, Sabu, Road Warrior Hawk, etc. etc. This stuff is fucking hilarious because the production is so bush league and the acting well, lol. But you can tell they are really trying and god bless them!

dcmetal108
03-21-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm watching WWE Network, some random ECW thing is on. Shane Douglas vs The Sandman and Paul E. Dangerously & Sherri Martel, Terry Funk, Sabu, Road Warrior Hawk, etc. etc. This stuff is fucking hilarious because the production is so bush league and the acting well, lol. But you can tell they are really trying and god bless them!

ECW never gave two shits about production, that's why they will forever be amazing (among other things)

Maideneer
03-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Well that's a good thing but this was even better because it wasn't the ECW of later years. This was the Eastern Championship Wrestling phase, that makes it way more troo and kvlt.

adamclark52
03-22-2014, 07:17 AM
ECW was at its best in 1996-1998. Once it got the TV deal it was still good but bordered on being a parody of itself.

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I always thought that '95-96 was their peak years in terms of quality. I can still watch all other years and liked them but those years can't be topped IMO.

adamclark52
03-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Yeah, probably even as early as 1995. The first few years were a little rough but once Tommy Dreamer lost the suspenders and Taz started wearing shoes it was gold.

I still like every bit of it though.

Sanitarium78
03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
ECW was still very good during the first 7 or 8 months of 1999 since Taz was champ. Once he lost the belt and he and the Dudley's left for WWF and Shane Douglas went to WCW the company went downhill pretty quick. Heyman couldn't recover from losing those guys in such a short period of time. Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, Justin Credible and Steve Corino were all good talents but just couldn't cut it as world champions. Seriously, who was paying money to see those guys? I know Heyman wasn't left with much after losing talent to the big two but come on.

I believe that if RVD didn't break his ankle and miss the significant time he did, he would've been world champ and that may have helped ECW stay alive for a little bit longer. He was the TV champ and he was main eventing and closing the shows. Everyone paid to see RVD and him as ECW champ back in 2000 would've helped out the company a lot.

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Saw this last night (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDEoiB6z5M)

101 Reasons not to be a pro wrestler. It's 2 parts. I've seen 40 mins of part 1 and I love it.

Wrestlers I've seen on it:
DDP
Vampiro
Mark Jindrak (who might be the most straight up normal dude I've seen on here)
New Jack
Major Gunns (who claimed her segments in WCW were getting higher ratings than Goldberg, dillusional)
Rikishi
Chyna
Konann (first time I've seen him talk and not want to break my tv)

Probably a few more. Just forgot. Doesn't really make sense when you read title but it's a lot of good shoot stuff that I think a lot would enjoy.

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 04:53 PM
ECW was still very good during the first 7 or 8 months of 1999 since Taz was champ. Once he lost the belt and he and the Dudley's left for WWF and Shane Douglas went to WCW the company went downhill pretty quick. Heyman couldn't recover from losing those guys in such a short period of time. Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, Justin Credible and Steve Corino were all good talents but just couldn't cut it as world champions. Seriously, who was paying money to see those guys? I know Heyman wasn't left with much after losing talent to the big two but come on.

I hated Justin Credible as champ. There was just nothing about him that seemed like someone who could carry the company. I hated the circumstances when Dreamer was world champ (I know he hated winning it too) and hated Credible won it 5 mins after Tommy won it.

Sanitarium78
03-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I hated Justin Credible as champ. There was just nothing about him that seemed like someone who could carry the company. I hated the circumstances when Dreamer was world champ (I know he hated winning it too) and hated Credible won it 5 mins after Tommy won it.

I didn't like when Credible beat Dreamer like that either. I know Dreamer wanted his character to a person who never won the title but he really did deserve a world title run more than anybody back in the old ECW. It's too bad he never changed his mind about that because Dreamer should've been the guy back in 2000 since RVD was out injured.

dcmetal108
03-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Saw this last night (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDEoiB6z5M)

101 Reasons not to be a pro wrestler. It's 2 parts. I've seen 40 mins of part 1 and I love it.

Wrestlers I've seen on it:
DDP
Vampiro
Mark Jindrak (who might be the most straight up normal dude I've seen on here)
New Jack
Major Gunns (who claimed her segments in WCW were getting higher ratings than Goldberg, dillusional)
Rikishi
Chyna
Konann (first time I've seen him talk and not want to break my tv)

Probably a few more. Just forgot. Doesn't really make sense when you read title but it's a lot of good shoot stuff that I think a lot would enjoy.

Awesome! Gonna start it now!

Also I <3 New Jack!

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Awesome! Gonna start it now!

Also I <3 New Jack!

New Jack was my all time ECW favorite!!!!

adamclark52
03-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Right here mutherfuckers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-V6Xm9nsm8).

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Right here mutherfuckers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-V6Xm9nsm8).

My love for that grew more when I heard that was his ECW music. If there was ever a song that felt like it was made for a wrestler.

300%_Density
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Link For Wrestling Docs Online (http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/wiki/wrestlingdocs)

This is how I found the previous documentary. Might be worth a bookmark.

dcmetal108
03-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Link For Wrestling Docs Online (http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/wiki/wrestlingdocs)

This is how I found the previous documentary. Might be worth a bookmark.

OMG! THANK YOU! If you haven't watched Forever Hardcore watch this!

Just finished Part one of 101 Reasons Not To....

It was good. Chyna actually made sense. New Jack is awesome. Vampiro is fucking weird. Though the title for the doc makes no sense.

dcmetal108
03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1377493_10152353647576908_619415744_n.jpg

Why?

300%_Density
03-23-2014, 05:27 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1377493_10152353647576908_619415744_n.jpg

Why?

^ Ewwww

Watching Royal Rumble '99. The I Quit match really makes me feel sad watching it now several years after it happened. It seems like one of the tougher matches to watch now.

Maideneer
03-23-2014, 05:39 PM
OH GOD YOU'RE JOKING. I'm going to be at Raw tomorrow, all excited for Taker...now this. Thanks.

adamclark52
03-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Watching Royal Rumble '99. The I Quit match really makes me feel sad watching it now several years after it happened. It seems like one of the tougher matches to watch now.

That was a BRUTAL match. Even if you don't like Mick Foley you have to give him credit.

Oh, and Asking Alexander, sorry Maideneer but :lol:

Seriously, this Wrestlemania is being so poorly built.

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Why is WWE loading Raw with special guests lately? Cena, Bryan, Lesnar, and the Undertaker aren't enough to draw crowds? I'll admit I'd like to see Arnold even if all he does is a bullshit segment but this is getting ridiculous.

adamclark52
03-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Why is WWE loading Raw with special guests lately? Cena, Bryan, Lesnar, and the Undertaker aren't enough to draw crowds? I'll admit I'd like to see Arnold even if all he does is a bullshit segment but this is getting ridiculous.

I think it has a lot to do with making people not want to watch.

dcmetal108
03-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Ziggler with Aaron Paul in Chicago was great. No mic time, really just a quick match with a good wrestler.

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2014, 09:25 PM
But wait, there's more.
http://i.imgur.com/Pj7kq3x.jpg

adamclark52
03-23-2014, 09:50 PM
But wait, there's more.
http://i.imgur.com/Pj7kq3x.jpg

Fuck, he looks really old. And how can anyone look at that picture and not think that ridiculous woman is the embodiment of pure evil. Pure-nonsensical, irrational, unknowing, clueless, halfwhitted, disgusting, bottom-feeding evil. If I only had one shot...I'd really have to make it count. And poor Scooby would get caught in the middle but I think he'd understand.

Do you think they're actually dumb enough to get someone in a Scooby Doo costume to host Raw? Or have Santino backstage solving mysteries? This could be bad.

Maideneer
03-24-2014, 05:38 AM
I don't understand what's with all the extra crap tonight? Arnold, Scooby, Alexandria...sounds like a demented law firm. Last time I got Michael Strahan, but at least, AT LEAST, it's not anything to do with rap or hip-hop, it is Brooklyn after all.

Hopefully Arnold terminates these bums and takes Scooby with him, or at least has an arm wrestling match with Kane or something.

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Wait, they actually are having Scooby on tonight?

BloodoftheKings
03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Wait, they actually are having Scooby on tonight?

Yes. Scooby, Arnold, and Asking Alexandria all in one night.

Maideneer
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Glad I paid $75 to watch the Kids Choice Awards.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm out of the loop on newer WMs. Don't they normally sell out within an hour or something? Ticketmaster offering 4 pack of $250 seats for $700. And pair of $250 seats for $350.

Link (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Offering_WrestleMania_Ticket_Special_Update_on _WrestleMania_Theme_Songs_Keibler.html)

John The Drummer
03-24-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm out of the loop on newer WMs. Don't they normally sell out within an hour or something? Ticketmaster offering 4 pack of $250 seats for $700. And pair of $250 seats for $350.

Link (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Offering_WrestleMania_Ticket_Special_Update_on _WrestleMania_Theme_Songs_Keibler.html)

Could be hella nose bleed, or newly released seats... or the fact its in New Orleans. Doesn't seem like it has a BIG wrestling community like the last few PPV's have had.

John The Drummer
03-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Side note... I remember trying to go to "lordsofpain.net" back when I first heard about it... I must have done DOT COM because that certainly was not a wrestling site :eyes:

dcmetal108
03-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Scooby and Los Luchadores vs 3MB for a six man tag or RAW IS BUST!

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
This sounds like a Raw in June or July, not twos weeks before what should have been the biggest show for the next ten years.

Maideneer
03-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Off to Raw sitting on the train with a couple beers. I'll miss that about Long Island Railroad, you can drink on platforms and trains except Fri & Sat after midnight.

The best part about Barclays...there's a dive bar down the block called McMahon's. Time to booze it up!

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Undertaker has to do something about that hair.

XDoomsayerX
03-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Well WM card looks about finished.

Just added today:

RybAxel vs Usos for Tag Titles (I think, maybe a 3 way with The Real Americans since they also got a #1 contender's match)

Divas Invitational

Shield VS NAO+ Kane

All these sound pretty rushed and divas match just sounds awful.

Overall WM is lacking. Where are Harper and Rowan??

HHH vs D-Bry, Wyatt vs Cena and Taker vs. Lesnar better deliver.

Also Luke Harper is becoming one of my favorite wrestlers dude is just a beast in the ring and plays his character so perfectly.

dcmetal108
03-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Guys this could be one of the worst WM's ever.

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Wrestlemania really hinges on what they do with Daniel Bryan.

Dextrimental
03-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Wrestlemania really hinges on what they do with Daniel Bryan.

This. If DB get's buried, it will be one of the biggest and worst upsets in WWE's history. He's the only completely over possible world champion they have right now, and one of the very few gets the fans are all rallying behind. If they're smart and give him the belt, they can usher in some of the newer guys to go against him and not keep relying on older dudes who have had their day.

Sanitarium78
03-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Last night's RAW was not a good show. Hard to believe that it's two weeks until mania and they gave off the vibe that they didn't care at all. Also, has anyone noticed that Taker is the heel in his feud with Lesnar? Brock hasn't really done anything to get Taker pissed yet he's done nothing but bully Brock and Heyman since the story started. Now, the Undertaker is my favorite or all time and I know people will cheer him no matter what but after Taker and Lesnar's first encounter they should be letting Brock get the upper hand going into mania so it at least looks like he might be able to beat Taker. This feud has been lame as hell so far.

Nice idea to have a number one contenders match for the IC title but stupid to have the defense on main event this week. Instead of being in the battle royale, Big E should defend the belt against Christian at mania. I swear Vince is letting his grandchildren book some of this shit right now.

BloodoftheKings
03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Guys this could be one of the worst WM's ever.

Doubt it. I think this card is actually a decent 6/10.

Last night's RAW was not a good show. Hard to believe that it's two weeks until mania and they gave off the vibe that they didn't care at all. Also, has anyone noticed that Taker is the heel in his feud with Lesnar? Brock hasn't really done anything to get Taker pissed yet he's done nothing but bully Brock and Heyman since the story started. Now, the Undertaker is my favorite or all time and I know people will cheer him no matter what but after Taker and Lesnar's first encounter they should be letting Brock get the upper hand going into mania so it at least looks like he might be able to beat Taker. This feud has been lame as hell so far.

I think the idea is that this is Lesnar getting his comeuppance for the shit he did in the past couple years.

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I think the Lesnar/Undertaker feud is just riding off that encounter they had at UFC what, four years ago?

Really, some of the better Wrestlemanias had less than interesting undercards. Wrestlemania III is regarded by some as the best Wrestlemania of all time. But aside from Hogan vs. Andre and Savage vs. Steamboat the undercard was pretty forgettable.

Also, are they even alluding to Batista having a chance of winning the title? My memory is off for the last few years but it's been fourteen Wrestlemanias since the winner of the Royal Rumble DIDN'T win the title they were challenging for at Wrestlemania. That was Wrestlemania 2000. Which many are saying WM XXX is a repeat of (New Age Outlaws). And who won the title that year: Triple H. Now that was a bad Wrestlemania. Not just because of him but the whole card was terrible except the Edge/Christian match and I'm sure Benoit and Jerichos matches was good but I can't remember.

300%_Density
03-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Lol TNA doing a TNA move

TNA Giving Away Tickets To 1st 100 People (www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/317447/Find-Out-How-to-Get-Free-Tickets-For-Saturdays-TNA-Show-in-Iowa.htm)

That's when you know you're doing good as a company. I think if you have an event in a large area I understand giving tickets away if you have a ton of other options. But I doubt Sioux City gets a whole hell of a lot of stuff. I wouldn't think attendance would be a problem.

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Lol TNA doing a TNA move

TNA Giving Away Tickets To 1st 100 People (www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/317447/Find-Out-How-to-Get-Free-Tickets-For-Saturdays-TNA-Show-in-Iowa.htm)

That's when you know you're doing good as a company. I think if you have an event in a large area I understand giving tickets away if you have a ton of other options. But I doubt Sioux City gets a whole hell of a lot of stuff. I wouldn't think attendance would be a problem.

What are they going to do with the fifty tickets that no one wants?

XDoomsayerX
03-25-2014, 11:49 AM
As long as The Shield, Wyatt and D-bry win at WM it will be good otherwise just think about it if NAO, Cena and HHH go over :barf:

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 11:52 AM
As long as The Shield, Wyatt and D-bry win at WM it will be good otherwise just think about it if NAO, Cena and HHH go over :barf:

Wyatt I don't think has a chance but the Shield has a very good chance The main-event...I guess we'll know next weekend.

Those first two matches are inconsequential to me, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Everything is riding on that main-event. I'm not joking when I say that if Triple H wins I will be done with the WWE. Done with the shows, done with the DVDs and done with the live-events. For me, WWE time will have stopped on April 6th, 2014.

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
It's too bad Wrestlemania crowds are made up mostly of marks, johnny-come-latelys and drones. Because if Triple H does beat Bryan it would be fun to watch eighty thousand people hijack Wrestlemania.

dcmetal108
03-25-2014, 02:58 PM
When I was at Target today buying the new Undertaker figure the cashier lady told me her BF was taking her to Wrestlemania this year since they could get good seats for $200 a piece since its selling like shit :lol:

Maideneer
03-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Good crowd at Raw last night! Very energetic and while I couldn't believe the amount of filler and like 5 squash matches, Hogan-Taker-AJ's shorts made up for it. Bonus match was Shield vs Wyatt's but by that time people were filing out and we had no energy left so it was kinda dull. Money well spent however.

XDoomsayerX
03-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Wyatt I don't think has a chance but the Shield has a very good chance The main-event...I guess we'll know next weekend.

Those first two matches are inconsequential to me, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Everything is riding on that main-event. I'm not joking when I say that if Triple H wins I will be done with the WWE. Done with the shows, done with the DVDs and done with the live-events. For me, WWE time will have stopped on April 6th, 2014.

Agree on the HHH part.

Good crowd at Raw last night! Very energetic and while I couldn't believe the amount of filler and like 5 squash matches, Hogan-Taker-AJ's shorts made up for it. Bonus match was Shield vs Wyatt's but by that time people were filing out and we had no energy left so it was kinda dull. Money well spent however.

Shield vs Real Americans and Luke Harper were quality though!

Maideneer
03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm not joking when I say that if Triple H wins I will be done with the WWE. Done with the shows, done with the DVDs and done with the live-events. For me, WWE time will have stopped on April 6th, 2014.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/38/382d75de7555ae483b5d5755d0262436ce35e1019d001401c3 cc4a370f4c8aed.jpg

Sanitarium78
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
I think the idea is that this is Lesnar getting his comeuppance for the shit he did in the past couple years.

That's fine if that's what they're going for but so far Lesnar has been booked like a pussy in this feud. Make it look like he has a shot against Taker and then have him get his comeuppance at mania.

When I was at Target today buying the new Undertaker figure the cashier lady told me her BF was taking her to Wrestlemania this year since they could get good seats for $200 a piece since its selling like shit :lol:

Usually the tickets for mania sell pretty well when they first go on sale. Fans come in from all over the world for it and no matter how bad the WWE is, they always seem to fill the stadiums for mania each year. I wouldn't be surprised if this years was selling slower due to nobody having any interest in Orton/Batista and the shitty build it's had. The only two matches on the card that have had a good build up are HHH/Bryan and Cena/Wyatt. Biggest show of the year or not, why are fans gonna waste their money on a show where the WWE is telling you only two matches really matter?

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/38/382d75de7555ae483b5d5755d0262436ce35e1019d001401c3 cc4a370f4c8aed.jpg

Fuck you Maury.

PVH5150
03-25-2014, 09:09 PM
I wish WrestleMania would go back to being in arenas.

Because it's way too fucking cold to have it at Gillette Stadium and I want to be able to say I saw at least one WrestleMania live.

:eyes:

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2014, 11:00 AM
watch?v=Cp4IYjTOh4I

adamclark52
03-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Fuck you Maury.

I really have been done with them since I started working nights five years ago. I only keep track via internet and watch the odd pay per view or Raw/Smackdown.

XDoomsayerX
03-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Tag Title match at WM is 4-way: Usos vs Americans vs Rybaxel vs Matadores

Put a ladder in there, give em like 20+ mins and we got a MOTY contender!

Seriously what a crowded WM now though

Dextrimental
03-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Do they not do TLC matches anymore!? Multi-team tag matches are always good fun in my book.

Maideneer
03-27-2014, 06:38 AM
WWE Network needs to step up their tech support and overall compatibility.

No videos play at all on Internet Explorer and only a 5 second bumper vid plays on Google Chrome. I chatted live with an agent and they said try to download and use Mozilla. So I did, and videos seem to play ok, but only after Shockwave plug-in crashed and I had to kill it.

I wanted to test Chromecast but I can't even play a video on that platform.

MLB Design / WWE have a LONG way to go here to get this up to speed.

Sanitarium78
03-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Tag Title match at WM is 4-way: Usos vs Americans vs Rybaxel vs Matadores

Put a ladder in there, give em like 20+ mins and we got a MOTY contender!

Can't tell if you're serious about it being a MOTY contender or not. But I truly believe that there is no world in existence where Ryback, Axel and Los Matadores would be involved in anything that would contend for MOTY. Those four are all good at what they do but overall they don't offer anything that a thousand other wrestlers couldn't do.

PVH5150
03-27-2014, 10:26 AM
WWE Network needs to step up their tech support and overall compatibility.

No videos play at all on Internet Explorer and only a 5 second bumper vid plays on Google Chrome. I chatted live with an agent and they said try to download and use Mozilla. So I did, and videos seem to play ok, but only after Shockwave plug-in crashed and I had to kill it.

I wanted to test Chromecast but I can't even play a video on that platform.

MLB Design / WWE have a LONG way to go here to get this up to speed.

PS3 sent the first update about a week ago. Videos can be resumed where left off now, which is nice. I usually fall asleep with an episode of Legends of Wrestling on every night, and I'd rather not try to remember where the hell I left off.

Still, the interface sucks balls. For instance, the WWE PPV list. I don't want to have to scroll for a goddamn hour to get from Armageddon to Wrestlemania. It should be formatted like Netflix, with the grid system. Also, it needs a queue/list in the worst way.

Aside from that BS, it's been running smoothly via my PS3 since about 4 or 5 days into the launch.

300%_Density
03-27-2014, 11:08 AM
So I came across this (http://youtu.be/H4EPbNWxtXA) last night. I completely forgot about this. I laughed so hard.

MPF
03-27-2014, 11:41 AM
So I came across this (http://youtu.be/H4EPbNWxtXA) last night. I completely forgot about this. I laughed so hard.

:lol:

Oh back when i loved wrestling. Those were the days.

300%_Density
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Oh back when i loved wrestling. Those were the days.

That legitimately might have been the funniest thing that WCW ever did (not ironically) with maybe the nWo parody of the 4 Horsemen which was also really funny.

Sanitarium78
03-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Disco Inferno was in the NWO Wolfpack? I don't recall that or the video, what year was this? Maybe I just blocked it out because I always thought Disco Inferno sucked anyways.

300%_Density
03-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Disco Inferno was in the NWO Wolfpack? I don't recall that or the video, what year was this? Maybe I just blocked it out because I always thought Disco Inferno sucked anyways.

March '99. He was kinda in Wolfpac. He tried interfering in the Nash/Goldberg Starrcade match. I don't know if he was "official" but he was buddies w/ Hall for those few months.

dcmetal108
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM
PS3 sent the first update about a week ago. Videos can be resumed where left off now, which is nice. I usually fall asleep with an episode of Legends of Wrestling on every night, and I'd rather not try to remember where the hell I left off.

Still, the interface sucks balls. For instance, the WWE PPV list. I don't want to have to scroll for a goddamn hour to get from Armageddon to Wrestlemania. It should be formatted like Netflix, with the grid system. Also, it needs a queue/list in the worst way.

Aside from that BS, it's been running smoothly via my PS3 since about 4 or 5 days into the launch.

Yeah I haven't watched anything off the network from my apply TV because I can't resume videos plus it should show you if you have watched it.

Sanitarium78
03-27-2014, 07:50 PM
March '99. He was kinda in Wolfpac. He tried interfering in the Nash/Goldberg Starrcade match. I don't know if he was "official" but he was buddies w/ Hall for those few months.

This happened after the fingerpoke of doom then, so that's why I don't remember it. I bailed on WCW after that bullshit. I would flip it on here and there just to see what was happening, like when DDP won the title or when they stupidly tried to turn Sting and Goldberg heel. Other than that I barely watched after the fingerpoke.

300%_Density
03-27-2014, 08:32 PM
This happened after the fingerpoke of doom then, so that's why I don't remember it. I bailed on WCW after that bullshit. I would flip it on here and there just to see what was happening, like when DDP won the title or when they stupidly tried to turn Sting and Goldberg heel. Other than that I barely watched after the fingerpoke.

I probably watched it longer after that than I should have. The fingerpoke made it shit. But after watching both like I have been (in order) WCW wasn't as bad in that time period as I remember. And WWF was not that great either. I'm currently in April of 1999. Nitro has had some good matches & Raw hasn't been as good. There was so much stupid Corporation/Ministry/McMahon stuff around this time its just not very watchable. Although I think it got better by the next month w/ the Over The Edge exception of course.

And a side note: god Michael Cole was awful when he took over for JR from after Survivor Series till after WM 15. Just terrible.

dcmetal108
03-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Did people really try to put Goldberg as a heel / babyface?

The crowd loved him just because of him streak but as a character dude has as much character as wallpaper. He is one of the few guys I can't classify as heel or babyface while in WCW.

Now WWF, thats a whole different story.

adamclark52
03-27-2014, 10:58 PM
I've always felt that the "golden age" of the Attitude era isn't as great as people think ist was. At the time it was cool but looking back it was cheap and tacky. And the quality of wrestling was crap. PPVs had two good matches (usually the main event and one undercard match) and the rest was filler and gimmick matches. And Raw matches were terrible, very rarely lasting longer than one block between commercial s.

The quality of the wrestling actually went up from 2001-2004.

300%_Density
03-28-2014, 05:44 AM
I've always felt that the "golden age" of the Attitude era isn't as great as people think ist was. At the time it was cool but looking back it was cheap and tacky. And the quality of wrestling was crap. PPVs had two good matches (usually the main event and one undercard match) and the rest was filler and gimmick matches. And Raw matches were terrible, very rarely lasting longer than one block between commercial s.

The quality of the wrestling actually went up from 2001-2004.

I'd definitely agree about quality of matches on Raw. I can think in my head of a ton of Nitro matches that were great. I just watched 4 person match on Nitro w/ Juvy, Mysterio, Blitzkrieg & Psychosis. It went 17 mins + commercials & it was a fantastic match. I know Nitro was longer so doing a 20+ min match on Raw isn't feasible. But when most think of Raw moments from then they are rarely matches but moments from non wrestling stuff (Tyson, beer truck, etc.).

Obviously the actual wrestling improved when they got Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko.

adamclark52
03-28-2014, 07:42 AM
I'd definitely agree about quality of matches on Raw. I can think in my head of a ton of Nitro matches that were great. I just watched 4 person match on Nitro w/ Juvy, Mysterio, Blitzkrieg & Psychosis. It went 17 mins + commercials & it was a fantastic match. I know Nitro was longer so doing a 20+ min match on Raw isn't feasible. But when most think of Raw moments from then they are rarely matches but moments from non wrestling stuff (Tyson, beer truck, etc.).

Obviously the actual wrestling improved when they got Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Malenko.

I remember Booker T used to always get a solid twenty minutes near the middle if the three hour Nitros.

XDoomsayerX
03-28-2014, 01:06 PM
So I guess Jeff Jarrett is starting a new televised wrasslin company

rjturtle9
03-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Gonna go to my 4th Pro Wrestling Guerrilla show tonight. Never heard of PWG? Watch this (http://youtu.be/NslvI-tRi-g)

Maideneer
03-31-2014, 06:07 AM
The Battle Royal at WM30 is turning out to the the undercard / midcard match of the year.

The 26 of 30 participants are: Alberto Del Rio, Big E, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Drew McIntyre, Goldust, The Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Sheamus, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil and Zack Ryder.

It's so obvious really. Do we really believe that Sin Cara or Jinder Mahal is going to win?

At the very least, why can't they get Wade Barrett in there?!

Unless, CM Punk feels like returning :) I mean, he is still listed on the WWE roster.

dcmetal108
03-31-2014, 06:03 PM
If Punk isn't at WM then he is never coming back

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2014, 07:11 PM
If Punk isn't at WM then he is never coming back

He aint coming back peeps need to just move on now.

Sanitarium78
03-31-2014, 08:09 PM
He aint coming back peeps need to just move on now.

Yep, he's just sitting out the rest of his contract. That's why you haven't heard anything from him since he left. Once the contract expires this summer, i'm guessing his silence will be broken. He didn't come back when RAW was in Chicago recently, so that proves he won't be back any time soon.

JRA
03-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Yep, he's just sitting out the rest of his contract. That's why you haven't heard anything from him since he left. Once the contract expires this summer, i'm guessing his silence will be broken. He didn't come back when RAW was in Chicago recently, so that proves he won't be back any time soon.

Wonder how quick Rob Fienstein will upload the trailer to youtube.

dcmetal108
03-31-2014, 09:22 PM

I know he isn't coming back. I was at that Chicago Raw, there wouldn't of been any other time for him to return.

XDoomsayerX
03-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Cesaro on WM pre-show match, dude busts his ass and puts on clinics with Cena, Orton,D-bry,etc and this what he gets :tp:

Wyatt and Cena and HHH vs D-bry have been built greatly heading into WM.

Everything else not so much. Its a sad day when ya really dont care for a Undertaker match :/

JRA
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Cesaro on WM pre-show match, dude busts his ass and puts on clinics with Cena, Orton,D-bry,etc and this what he gets :tp:

Everything else not so much. Its a sad day when ya really dont care for a Undertaker match :/

The problem with the Taker/Lesnar match is fans stopped caring after it didn't happen at WM29. They should have done that instead of feeding Punk to Taker and Lesnar to HHH so he can get his win back. The only smart decision they could have made regarding Taker would be having Cena challenge the streak. Which actually makes a hell of a lot more sense considering Cena's actual match is all about his "legacy."

John The Drummer
04-01-2014, 02:35 PM

WWE needs to see what kind of upcoming talent they have, both in and out of the ring...

Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, the other Wyatt with the dark hair (his name escapes me, but that dude is creepy, but so entertaining), Fandango (if given a non-joke gimmick...), Cesaro, Los Matadores (if given a non-lame gimmick), so many more! But no, all HHH and his buddies...

adamclark52
04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
So have they fixed all the problems with the Network yet? And are you guys trusting it to watch Wrestlemania or are you going to find alternate ways?

PVH5150
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
So have they fixed all the problems with the Network yet? And are you guys trusting it to watch Wrestlemania or are you going to find alternate ways?

Aside from the first 3 or 4 days after launch, I haven't had one problem. They've sent out 2 updates to the PS3 since launch, which I've noticed to be picking up where you left off (replacing starting all over again and finding where you left off) and slight cosmetic changes.

I'd go for it if you use it through a PS3. I can't vouch for any other medium though.

Maideneer
04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I haven't gotten the chance to be on it that much, I'm too busy sadly. They just released an app update today for WM30 and special event support, so hopefully that addresses any issues with this week's events.

adamclark52
04-02-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm hoping to go to a theater to see it. It's $32, better than probably $60 +/- for an HD pay per view broadcast in my house. Only problem is I can't drink beer in the theater. But it'll be way more fun watching it with a few hundred people who are in to it rather than by myself. Or with my wife who doesn't care outside of Roman Reigns.

Maideneer
04-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Only problem is I can't drink beer in the theater.

:lol: I've snuck CASES of brew into theaters before.

adamclark52
04-02-2014, 08:14 AM
:lol: I've snuck CASES of brew into theaters before.

Yeah, I'm sure I could sneak some whiskey and blow in but I have to drive home afterwards.

XDoomsayerX
04-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm hoping to go to a theater to see it. It's $32, better than probably $60 +/- for an HD pay per view broadcast in my house. Only problem is I can't drink beer in the theater. But it'll be way more fun watching it with a few hundred people who are in to it rather than by myself. Or with my wife who doesn't care outside of Roman Reigns.

Sounds like a fun time.

May just stream it for free cuz I be broke fella right now

rjturtle9
04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a fun time.

May just stream it for free cuz I be broke fella right now

Come watch it in Pico with me!

BloodoftheKings
04-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Paul Heyman said in an interview that after WrestleMania they're going to reveal a new Paul Heyman guy. He said this one is going to be highly publicized and suggested the guy is getting a big push. People seem to think it will either be Prince Devitt's WWE debut or Cesaro.

dcmetal108
04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Paul Heyman said in an interview that after WrestleMania they're going to reveal a new Paul Heyman guy. He said this one is going to be highly publicized and suggested the guy is getting a big push. People seem to think it will either be Prince Devitt's WWE debut or Cesaro.

First thing that came to mind is, I hope they aren't bringing in some random UFC guy lol.

adamclark52
04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
First thing that came to mind is, I hope they aren't bringing in some random UFC guy lol.

They may just give Curtis Axel another name.

Sanitarium78
04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
The new Heyman guy NEEDS to be Cesaro. They have to give Heyman someone who's already over a little bit with the crowd but just needs that extra boost to get to the next level and Cesaro is that guy. Bringing in someone nobody cares about or has ever heard of isn't gonna work. Trying to make Axel a Heyman guy proved that.

Maideneer
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Agreed. Axel is on the same level as Ryback, Sandow, Kofi, Swagger, R-Truth, etc. in terms of fans giving a damn anymore. Once that belt left Axel it was over...instantly because he never connected with the fans, he simply had his father's name but had/has none of the skill, charm, personality, or confidence.

XDoomsayerX
04-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Cesaro as a Heyman guy would be perfect.

Cesaro actually has the talent to get a reaction and be a main event dude.

And turtle, where is Pico at? lol

John The Drummer
04-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Of course with WrestleMania just around the corner.... the Sting rumours have restarted (went a good while with no mention of him on WrestleZone).

Cesaro is kinda on the same level as the Shield and Wyatts when it comes to crowd reaction, IMO. Both groups are still fresh, and over with the crowd sooo much, Cesaro is up there with them... a "newer" talent (even though hes been in the "E" for a while now) that is finally getting his time to shine and putting on enjoyable matches. Hope WWE doesn't drop the ball on him like they have with the other "fresh faces".

XDoomsayerX
04-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Of course with WrestleMania just around the corner.... the Sting rumours have restarted (went a good while with no mention of him on WrestleZone).

Cesaro is kinda on the same level as the Shield and Wyatts when it comes to crowd reaction, IMO. Both groups are still fresh, and over with the crowd sooo much, Cesaro is up there with them... a "newer" talent (even though hes been in the "E" for a while now) that is finally getting his time to shine and putting on enjoyable matches. Hope WWE doesn't drop the ball on him like they have with the other "fresh faces".

WE THE PEOPLE! :jima:

Who doesnt enjoy chanting that? :tongue:

300%_Density
04-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Holy shit. I came across some of the most brutal stuff I've ever seen in WCW. I doubt many of seen this as WCW in 1999 was awful but take 10 mins to watch this if you enjoy hardcore wrestling. Mexican hardcore match, falls count anywhere.

Link (http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x3lijg_wcw-nitro-1999-falls-count-anywhere_sport)

I'm still shocked how great this was even though crowd sucked.

dcmetal108
04-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Holy shit. I came across some of the most brutal stuff I've ever seen in WCW. I doubt many of seen this as WCW in 1999 was awful but take 10 mins to watch this if you enjoy hardcore wrestling. Mexican hardcore match, falls count anywhere.

Link (http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x3lijg_wcw-nitro-1999-falls-count-anywhere_sport)

I'm still shocked how great this was even though crowd sucked.

Yeah crowd sucked and i don't think they said mexican hardcore falls count anywhere enough during it :lol:

XDoomsayerX
04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
My WM predictions. Bold=who will win Underlined=who I want to win.

The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans(Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. TBD Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H Singles match for the third spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat match

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar Singles match

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal [Note 1] 30-man battle royal for
the André the Giant Memorial Trophy Ziggler

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational[Note 2] 14-Diva single-fall match for the WWE Divas Championship Bella with the boobs AJ Lee

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)

adamclark52
04-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't even want to predict the Daniel Bryan match or the main event. I'm still worried about those two. More the Singles match. If Bryan makes the main event but loses I won't be as upset as I will if Mr. Stephanie McMahon gets anywhere near the title match.

The Battle Royal I think will be someone more nauseating, like Big Show or the Miz.

The rest you're probably right.

John The Drummer
04-04-2014, 01:04 PM
I am going to go with the Big Slow for the battle royal as well. He's a giant, its the Andre The Giant Battle Royal, there ya go. I love Big Show, but he really needs to retire. His character is consistantly going in a circle...

Angry Giant
Emotional Giant
Neutral
Face
Emotional Giant
Neutral
Angry Giant
wash, rinse, repeat.