PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:07 PM
I think if Batista wins the Rumble it will be acceptable if he enters in the first fifteen.

And I think Bryan will be number thirty.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:08 PM
I didn't think Cenas shirts could get any worse. I was wrong.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Why is the crowd chanting for Byrant and chanting yes during the Orton / Cena match, are they already bored?

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Why is the crowd chanting for Byrant and chanting yes during the Orton / Cena match, are they already bored?

Because they're smart, sick of these two, and right. They're telling the WWE they'd rather watch Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, the Undertaker, Randy Savage and whoever else they chant for. And the WWE will ignore it and book Orton verses Batista at Wrestlemania.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:16 PM
The crowd is shiting on this...shit.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Crowd is unforgiving tonight against them :lol:

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Love the crowd during this match:D

We even got a couple "boring" chants. Classic!!

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 05:20 PM
You know you're not booking well when the crowd chants are more entertaining than the actual match.

I'm watching Eddie G vs Ultimo Dragon :D
This DVD is great!

Dextrimental
01-26-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm going to be downloading this tomorrow to watch properly, but I just watched a livestream to hear the crowd for a bit of that match. Classic!

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:26 PM
"this is awful" followed by "we want divas", ouch!

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 05:26 PM
"this is awful" followed by "we want divas", ouch!

Yeah twitter is going nuts too, so many this is shit, boring, awful posts.

Even people like Foley and Tommy Dreamer are talking about how much the crowd hates this match.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 05:27 PM
I love this crowd:

"This is awful"

"We want divas"

During a world title match:lol::lol:

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:30 PM
There's going to be some heavy editing on this DVD.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 05:31 PM
And there's the Cena vs Bray WM setup.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 05:32 PM
And there's the Cena vs Bray WM setup.

Yeah, though best thing I've saw on Twitter tonight

"Helping to finally end this match just made @WWEBrayWyatt the biggest babyface in WWE history"

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 06:43 PM
SO..... Batista.... no surprises there :(

Dextrimental
01-26-2014, 06:45 PM
The crowd booed the Rumble. That was grim. WWE fucked up.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 06:47 PM
No big surprises either. Nash, sure, but he hasn't been gone that long.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh you know the WWE knows they fucked up after tonight :lol:

Bray vs Bryan was worth the $54.95 but the rest was just bad. Crowd had every right to shit on everything tonight.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
I guess a few things went wrong during the Rumble and it was cut short. PPV only lasted like 2 hours and 43 minutes.

XPAC was suppose to be in the rumble, and the chat I was in was saying that maybe Batista wasn't suppose to win and that ending was different than originally planned for.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 06:54 PM
The most entertaining part of that Rumble was the crowd shitting on Batista at the end. It wasn't the worst Rumble by a long shot but it was very anti-climactic. At least a lot of undercard guys had very good showings. And Kofi wasted next years theatrics.

But why waste entrants on El Torito and JBL?

Overall, Daniel Bryan verses Bray Wyatt was obviously the match of the night. Brock verses the Big Show was terrible. And Cena verses Orton was nothing new save the crowd reaction. The two always get booed by the chants made that match entertaining.

The WWE has to take notice, though, of the reaction Batista, Cena and Orton got and re-evaluate.

I'd rate it a 3 out of 5, with Bryan/Wyatt bringing it up two points.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
The crowd booed the Rumble. That was grim. WWE fucked up.

They didn't boo the rumble match itself really. They booed the fact that Daniel Bryan wasn't in it and that Batista won. It's no surprise that Vince fucked up again since that's what he's done best now for about a decade. He used to be so ahead of everything and listened to what the fans wanted. It's obvious that the fans love Bryan and want to see him win the belt at mania. If it's not Bryan going to wrestlemania then it should be Punk since they're the two most over faces on the roster.

I know when you get older, you get more out of touch with things but it's pathetic to see just how out of touch Vince is with the WWE fanbase right now. If they had some serious competition at all over the last decade they could very well be out of business with the amount of stupid decisions he's made in recent years. I got nothing against Batista but he's not that big of a star and is certainly not bigger than Bryan and Punk are right now. The 30th anniversary of wrestlemania is a milestone and it's gonna be headlined by Orton and Batista? Get the fuck out of here Vince.

That felt good to get that off my chest:D

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Batista had been confirmed to win for a couple weeks now.

Maideneer
01-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I can't express my anger at this writing team. I had an entire RR party complete with Snackadium and not only is Batista winning ridiculously pissing me off, but DB wasn't even entered, CM exited in a bullshit way, Sheamus completely wasted his return, Nash served no purpose, WAY too many tag teams you know weren't going to win, and much more! SO PISSED OFF. Thank the Lord it's the last PPV I'll order that's not $9.99/month on the network. Show/Lesnar match was stupid, Cena/Orton was airport radar worthy, no Diva matches...I feel SO jipped. Human being words can't express my anger and how this is killing my insane buzz.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
If Vince is smart (which he's not) he'll at least put Batistas main event spot up for grabs at the Elimination Chamber.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 07:06 PM
WM 30 predictions :

Show vs Lesner
Kane vs Punk
Cena vs Wyatt
Batista vs Orton
Byrant vs whoever
Shield vs New Age Outlaws vs Wyatt Vs Usos for belt (I wish)

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Bring back Money In The Bank at WM, give it to D-Bry, have him cash it in after the main event.

Sure, it'd be more enjoyable to watch him in an actual match, but that'd get the crowd on fire and be a great ending for WM30

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm seriously doubting buying Wrestlemania XXX after the Rumble when before it I was strongly considering it. I haven't watched really since the Money in the Bank PPV last July but it just reminds me that it's still the same old same old that I stopped watching a few years ago. If there's a solid undercard I may still but I've pretty much lost all hope for the main event.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM
In late 90s/'00s were the PPVs ever this bad that It angered crowds as much as it sounds? Didn't watch so I can't comment. Going off past experience. Obviously those who watched could compare.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm seriously doubting buying Wrestlemania XXX after the Rumble when before it I was strongly considering it. I haven't watched really since the Money in the Bank PPV last July but it just reminds me that it's still the same old same old that I stopped watching a few years ago. If there's a solid undercard I may still but I've pretty much lost all hope for the main event.

That's why you buy the WWE Network so you won't have to pay $54.95 again for PPVs lol.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 07:23 PM
That's why you buy the WWE Network so you won't have to pay $54.95 again for PPVs lol.

This.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
In late 90s/'00s were the PPVs ever this bad that It angered crowds as much as it sounds? Didn't watch so I can't comment. Going off past experience. Obviously those who watched could compare.

There were always bad endings and pissed off people. I remember a lot of people pissed off after Triple H retained the title at every PPV from 2002 - 2005. People were mad after Wrestlemania X8 (again, when Triple H won). Every Smackdown PPV got a bad reaction when there were brand exclusive pay per views. People are always pissed. And here we are fifteen years later still paying sixty bucks a pop. So maybe Vince isn't the moron I think he is.

One word: Canada.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
I REALLY hate Twitter, but I just spent the last 20 minutes reading all the Royal Rumble posts... wow... if this doesn't open Vince's eyes then nothing will.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 07:34 PM
There were always bad endings and pissed off people. I remember a lot of people pissed off after Triple H retained the title at every PPV from 2002 - 2005. People were mad after Wrestlemania X8 (again, when Triple H won). Every Smackdown PPV got a bad reaction when there were brand exclusive pay per views. People are always pissed. And here we are fifteen years later still paying sixty bucks a pop. So maybe Vince isn't the moron I think he is.

03 was probably my last real active year so I can't agree or not. Even then yea HHH winning sucked but the undercard then seemed so strong a lot of the time. The undercard I've noticed now would have been doing the Jakked/Heat circuit then.

PVH5150
01-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I was surprised that Reigns beat Kane's record of most eliminations.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 07:42 PM
I REALLY hate Twitter, but I just spent the last 20 minutes reading all the Royal Rumble posts... wow... if this doesn't open Vince's eyes then nothing will.

During the PPV I posted prolly 200+ things to Twitter.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
I was surprised that Reigns beat Kane's record of most eliminations.

That was one of the good things.

A lot of undercard guys got to shine a bit in the Rumble...mainly because it was mostly all undercard guys.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
During the PPV I posted prolly 200+ things to Twitter.

I followed ya ;)

On a bright note... the crowd will (hopefully) be on fire tomorrow night.... definitely tuning in for that one!

Maideneer
01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Can I ask a serious question from everyone? I feel like we are all being played over and over again. We hate this outcome so much and yet we always feel compelled to return...like Walter White's meth empire, like an alcoholic relapsing, etc. We all know we're watching Raw tomorrow, and it pisses me off. I can't break away as much as I want to. Why does BS make us watch more? Would the same hold true for MLB/NHL/NFL/NBA? I know it's not scripted like that but damn, this is silly.

Who on god's green earth would put up with this crap? El Torito and JBL wasting an entrance? Nash ditto. Pretty much Sheamus ditto. You know these writers were so expecting a different outcome and got the exact opposite. Batista rly? The most boring wrestler next to Orton HEADLINING WM30? NAO winning the titles in a PRE-SHOW match?! Lesnar beating Show within 2 FRIGGING minutes then extending things like 15 minutes for no reason? At least 20-25 known non-winners in the RR? Roman Reigns having 12 GODDAMN ELIMINATIONS? Punk eliminated by Kane, a throwaway entrant? DB losing and not entering the RR? Who writes this crap?!

Crowd was great...really gave it to them, called every single BS point on it's face, deservedly.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Can I ask a serious question from everyone? I feel like we are all being played over and over again. We hate this outcome so much and yet we always feel compelled to return...like Walter White's meth empire, like an alcoholic relapsing, etc. We all know we're watching Raw tomorrow, and it pisses me off. I can't break away as much as I want to. Why does BS make us watch more? Would the same hold true for MLB/NHL/NFL/NBA? I know it's not scripted like that but damn, this is silly.

Who on god's green earth would put up with this crap? El Torito and JBL wasting an entrance? Nash ditto. Pretty much Sheamus ditto. You know these writers were so expecting a different outcome and got the exact opposite. Batista rly? The most boring wrestler next to Orton HEADLINING WM30? NAO winning the titles in a PRE-SHOW match?! Lesnar beating Show within 2 FRIGGING minutes then extending things like 15 minutes for no reason? At least 20-25 known non-winners in the RR? Roman Reigns having 12 GODDAMN ELIMINATIONS? Punk eliminated by Kane, a throwaway entrant? DB losing and not entering the RR? Who writes this crap?!

Crowd was great...really gave it to them, called every single BS point on it's face, deservedly.

I felt like you ten years ago, then I just learned to not care any more. Life goes on, in the morning I'll still have to shovel the driveway and go to work.

PVH5150
01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
On a bright note... the crowd will (hopefully) be on fire tomorrow night.... definitely tuning in for that one!

They're in Cleveland tomorrow. I don't know how well their crowds are. Just hope nowhere near as bad as Baltimore (Old School Raw with Jake Roberts getting zero reaction....fuck outta here.)

I figure anywhere in the triangle of Pittsburgh, Manhattan/East Rutherford & Boston will chant it like it is.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Not matter who wins the Rumble I just want three things:
1. Someone "good" to have a good half hour to forty five minute showing
2. At least on decent "surprise" entrant
3. Most important, The Rumble to close the show. I hate it when they stick it in the middle.

Well, I guess I got what I wanted:
1. Punk and Rollins both in for fifty minutes, I think. I'm sure once I see the final numbers some other undercard guys did well too.
2. I do like Kevin Nash, so I'll settle for it.
3. Yup

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 07:58 PM
03 was probably my last real active year so I can't agree or not. Even then yea HHH winning sucked but the undercard then seemed so strong a lot of the time. The undercard I've noticed now would have been doing the Jakked/Heat circuit then.

You missed out on the brand exclusive pay per views then. They both (Raw and Smackdown) had some pretty weak undercards but Smackdown had some that were abysmal.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Sheamus coming back was cool and unexpected. Dude has been out for like 10 months.

Maideneer
01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
I felt like you ten years ago, then I just learned to not care any more. Life goes on, in the morning I'll still have to shovel the driveway and go to work.

I still feel that way, but $54.99 later, with a MUCH lower salary than 10 years ago.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Lol. I guess I didn't catch on that NAO won the titles on the pre show & it wasn't on the ppv. C'mon really? That's barely a step above having the title change at a house show. Embarrassing.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
You missed out on the brand exclusive pay per views then. They both (Raw and Smackdown) had some pretty weak undercards but Smackdown had some that were abysmal.

When they had their own ppv's it just seemed to me they spread theirselves too thin talent wise and it just wouldn't be all that good.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Sheamus coming back was cool and unexpected. Dude has been out for like 10 months.

I didn't even realize he was gone.... :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2014, 08:42 PM
VinceMcmahon.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXyhGY1IUAAq8dj.jpg:large

dcmetal108
01-27-2014, 03:56 AM
Foley went on a huge rampage on twitter and facebook saying about how even though the last few years he has only been GM of their Saturday Morning Slam program and how next month his contract with WWE is over about how pissed he was at the PPV.

He said its shit and that WWE has really lost touch with themselves for not having people like Byrant, Punk, and Ambrose win when clearly they are the fan favorites.

Maideneer
01-27-2014, 06:39 AM
Good for Mick, he's right. There's drawing heat, and then there's disrespect. By far the worst RR I've ever witnessed, except for match #1. It wasn't even the length of a Raw episode, couldn't they have done a Divas match at least?

Wade Barrett and Xavier Woods who were confirmed got shafted in favor of who? Useless spots taken by El Torito, JBL, Khali? 12 out of 30 spots dedicated to tag team members is really fricking ridiculous.

A complete disaster of a night where basically every heel won. Batista didn't intend to be a heel but he sure is now, minds are made up. Booing Batista, booing Mysterio @ #30, booing Cena/Orton, etc. the crowd is really booing WWE creative team, because they did a really horrible job. A premier event that I look forward to every year ends in a fiery train wreck. Let's see if they can pick up the pieces tonight.

XDoomsayerX
01-27-2014, 11:32 AM
WWE good job giving Batista another RR win. What a joke and dude is a douche:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1937927-batista-engages-fans-after-royal-rumble-reportedly-mocks-daniel-bryan-yes-chant

Mocks Bryan and flips off the crowd cuz he doesnt draw :tp:

John The Drummer
01-27-2014, 12:20 PM
I know we all want to talk about DBry, Bootista, and how shitty WWE is now, but I would like to bring up something extra...

The Elimination Chamber and Money In The Bank PPV's are practically pointless now.

EC - 2 Chamber matches for each of the "prize" titles in the company.
MITB - 2 MITB ladder matches for contracts to each of the "prize" titles.

There is only one main title... so unless they start using these gimmick matches for the smaller titles, they need to rework their schedule.

Maideneer
01-27-2014, 12:30 PM
We need a Divas EC match...in Jello.

adamclark52
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
If the WWE is smart they'll at least put Batistas title shot on the line in the next Elimination Chamber. The Money in the Bank...I guess there'll only be one briefcase?

They could always just have another Elimination Chamber match at the PPV that's just (gasp) a good match.

From the few little reports I read today the WWE is going totally ignorant to the whole situation. Surprise, surprise. Raw could be interesting tonight but I don't know what a Cleveland crowd (is that were they are tonight) would be like compared to a Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.

Maideneer
01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Cleveland it is, I'm hoping they speak for all of us. If the company plays the ignorance card, it's going to set off a non-stop wave of Yes chants everywhere until they give in. Hopefully they shower Trips and Co. with garbage and booze like the good old WCW days, maybe someone will get it re: Bryan, and just maybe we can put a dent in the PG armor too.

Sanitarium78
01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
I know we all want to talk about DBry, Bootista, and how shitty WWE is now, but I would like to bring up something extra...

The Elimination Chamber and Money In The Bank PPV's are practically pointless now.

EC - 2 Chamber matches for each of the "prize" titles in the company.
MITB - 2 MITB ladder matches for contracts to each of the "prize" titles.

There is only one main title... so unless they start using these gimmick matches for the smaller titles, they need to rework their schedule.

Not a major issue at all. They just have one chamber and one MITB match like they used to back when they first started doing those matches.

I wonder if they'll have Batista turn heel and put his title shot on the line against Bryan and have Bryan win. Vince can't really ignore the insane backlash from the rumble, can he?

John The Drummer
01-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Vince can't really ignore the insane backlash from the rumble, can he?

:agree:

dcmetal108
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Not a major issue at all. They just have one chamber and one MITB match like they used to back when they first started doing those matches.

I wonder if they'll have Batista turn heel and put his title shot on the line against Bryan and have Bryan win. Vince can't really ignore the insane backlash from the rumble, can he?

He's already heel.

I really like MITB matches but most Elimination Chamber matches are boring.

PVH5150
01-27-2014, 05:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1557658_1412621275651673_862398716_n.jpg

Dextrimental
01-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Soooooooooo Bryan gets the title shot for Elimination Chamber, then?

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Goddamn that crowd sucked all sorts of dick. Couldn't even get in sync to chant or anything. Even Stephanie gave a assist to Bryan and made the crowd chant his name. That was bad.

BloodoftheKings
01-28-2014, 12:02 PM
watch?v=bfZVdR6jgvE

hellawaits77ny
01-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Always hated Batista and while I no longer watch wrestling, it sounds like WWE has made a huge gaffe with his return.

adamclark52
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Always hated Batista and while I no longer watch wrestling, it sounds like WWE has made a huge gaffe with his return.

Batista is part if the problem but I think Daniel Bryan not winning (or even being in the Rumble) is the bigger problem everyone has. Topless Bella Twins could've come out at number thirty and they would've gotten boo'd. Randy Savage could've won and he'd have gotten boo'd.

300%_Density
01-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Snuka might be in a world of shit (http://deadspin.com/grand-jury-to-investigate-1983-death-of-jimmy-snukas-g-1511023624)

dcmetal108
01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Word is Sting signed his legend contract today with WWE but wont come out till after Wrestlemania is over.

BloodoftheKings
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
The official lineup of Elimination Chamber entrants is:

Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
John Cena
Sheamus
Christian
Antonio Cesaro

I'm so glad Cesaro is in it. He will probably be the first one eliminated but it seems like he's finally getting a push. Also Shield v. Wyatts is confirmed.

John The Drummer
01-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Shield vs Wyatts, I see it now... Reigns will go solo on RAW the following night.

adamclark52
01-28-2014, 08:43 PM
The official lineup of Elimination Chamber entrants is:

Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
John Cena
Sheamus
Christian
Antonio Cesaro

I'm so glad Cesaro is in it. He will probably be the first one eliminated but it seems like he's finally getting a push. Also Shield v. Wyatts is confirmed.

I agree, even with zero chance of winning good for him.

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Didnt see Raw but sounded like a good post RR show.

Also smackdown spoilers sound good as well. Def agree bout Cesaro dude is a beast and him being in the chamber is cool with me. That plus Wyatts vs Shield match, EC is shaping up to be a good one. My guess for remainder of the matches:

Kane vs CM Punk (punk vs hhh at mania is obvious now)
AJ Lee vs Naomi(?) for Divas title
Either ADR vs Batista or Batista vs Lesnar(if Lesnar this match would be for the #1 conteders match at WM)
NAO vs Rhodes Bros for the belts

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Has Tensai really been downgraded to NXT? I'm by no means a huge fan of his, and I'm not knocking NXT (because I think it's good...for younger talent), but isn't he better used somewhere else?

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Holy fucking shit! Apparently Punk went all Stone Cold and told Vince he's going home and walked out. They pulled him from all upcoming live events and everything. His contract expires in July and word is he is so fed up with the shit in WWE he just walked.

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 04:01 AM
Holy fucking shit! Apparently Punk went all Stone Cold and told Vince he's going home and walked out. They pulled him from all upcoming live events and everything. His contract expires in July and word is he is so fed up with the shit in WWE he just walked.

Yep, and he flew back into Chicago at his house like 20 minutes from me.

WWE has already put Byrant in his place to face HHH at WM and pulled Punks name from all live shows and house shows for the next few weeks.

Maideneer
01-29-2014, 04:41 AM
Maybe he needs some time to let his hair grow back so can return in 2014 with yet another new facial look.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Has Tensai really been downgraded to NXT? I'm by no means a huge fan of his, and I'm not knocking NXT (because I think it's good...for younger talent), but isn't he better used somewhere else?

He's an announcer in NXT, it's not like he's wrestling. At least they got another veteran down there to help the young guys out. As long as they don't ask Tensai for advice as to how to get over in the WWE, they'll be fine.

This news about Punk is not that surprising. Before he cut that promo back in 2011 he said he was ready to walk. Both his ring and mic work have been lacking the last number of months. You could tell he was burnt out and not caring too much recently.

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 07:06 AM

I heard he was just pissed that Daniel Bryan wasn't number thirty.

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 07:08 AM
He's an announcer in NXT, it's not like he's wrestling. At least they got another veteran down there to help the young guys out. As long as they don't ask Tensai for advice as to how to get over in the WWE, they'll be fine.

Well, that's fine. The one time I saw NXT the commentary was the worst thing. Renee Young, hot. But not a good commentator.

XDoomsayerX
01-29-2014, 09:09 AM

Well fuck now I'll have less reason to watch WWE. Prob left cuz nigs who work full-time with WWE get held back and peeps like Batista come back and get handed everything.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM
I know this is a loooooong shot, and has a 99.9% chance of not happening at all... but maybe... JUST MAYBE....

WrestleMania XXX
NO DQ
Daniel Bryan vs Triple H

If D-Bry wins, he gets added to the main event of WM, making it a Triple Threat match. Triple H manhandles Bryan the whole match, sledgehammer, etc, D-Bry wins somehow... then wins main event.... biggest.pop.ever.

:D

I know... won't happen :(

That really sucks about CM Punk... but its completely understandable. It's nice to have someone with a spine in the business who isn't scared to speak his mind and show his disappointment with the company, especialy a high carder like Punk.

XDoomsayerX
01-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Didnt stone cold walk out once for like a year?

Hopefully fans start chanting "We Want Punk"

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2014, 12:08 PM
I bet this whole Punk thing is a work. I can just imagine him coming back and doing pipe bomb promos on Triple H to set up their match at Mania.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-29-2014, 01:07 PM
WWE unfollowed CM Punk on twitter.

Goodnight, sweet prince

rjturtle9
01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
I hope Punk really did leave. The idea of getting to see CM Punk at a PWG show makes me really, really happy.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
I think Punk's leaving might be a storyline to set up his match with HHH for mania. It's just odd that he would quit before getting the biggest payday of the year at mania. He would be in one of the main events and would no doubt get a nice payout from it. Plus, his contract ends this summer. Why not just ride it out until it's over rather than leaving at the biggest time of the year for the WWE?

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I hope Punk really did leave. The idea of getting to see CM Punk at a PWG show makes me really, really happy.

haha no, if Punk leaves WWE I'm pretty sure it means he won't wrestle. I guess at the last Comic Con he was at he was saying if he wasn't in WWE he wouldn't have anything to do with wrestling at all because he doesn't like the state its in.

I think Punk's leaving might be a storyline to set up his match with HHH for mania. It's just odd that he would quit before getting the biggest payday of the year at mania. He would be in one of the main events and would no doubt get a nice payout from it. Plus, his contract ends this summer. Why not just ride it out until it's over rather than leaving at the biggest time of the year for the WWE?

Everything I've read is saying they are already writing the story to make HHH vs Byrant for WM XXX.

Maideneer
01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
The WWE is employing the strangest strategy honestly. They constantly, constantly, constantly go after the young kid demo, although somehow they say 33% of their viewing audience is 50+ which is the largest bulk. Anyway, kids kids kids, all the time right?

And who do they fill up their pushed content with? Part-time, aged, past-their-prime, stars of long ago. Does some 8 year old identify with Batista or the Rock? No, these kids wanna do their Yes chants all day and their Cena UCME hand thing. They have to balance it out every now and again I get it, but it's very weird to me.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
It's hard to tell whether it was a work or not, especially since it's with CM Punk who is known to be very open about his thoughts... Was it? Probably... but if not then FUCK... there goes one of the main reasons I even watch WWE now.

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Didnt stone cold walk out once for like a year?

Hopefully fans start chanting "We Want Punk"

He did. Rumors were he didn't want to job to Brock Lesnar. And he's confirmed those rumors. But his neck was totally fucked up too and he needed a lot of time off (this was in May 2002).

I'm probably in the minority here but I can't side with Punk on this one. Its very childish and greedy.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM
I love CM Punk, his beliefs, his cockiness, his in ring skill, but if you watch his documentary he does come off as a bit of a selfish dick... which I totally appreciate, though.

In other news, AJ "confirmed" that CM Punk left the business... which in my eyes definitely means its a work....
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/449015-aj-lee-confirms-cm-punks-wwe-departure-update-on-sting-signing-with-wwe-merchandise-concept

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 05:14 PM
then on the other hand...you go to AJs twitter and there are no posts....

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 05:18 PM
So this story has made top headlining news now in both the US and UK, clearly not a work.

Also with all the work WWE has made to make a Punk vs Kane match and angle happen that entire angle and match has now been dropped permanently with everyone that had future matches with Punk now being wrote into other stories.

To top it off the official WWE twitter that follows their roster has dropped CM Punks from the list and Punk had tweeted something like "It's been fun guys, keep being you because it's cool".

Guys this isn't looking good.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 05:20 PM
To top it off the official WWE twitter that follows their roster has dropped CM Punks from the list.

I'm going to go and change my default picture to Big E Langston... does that make me Big E Langston? ;)

We'll just have to wait it out and see. Obviously if the officials bring it up on TV, its a work, they never talk about such events with the public like this.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
OH SHIT! Definitely getting tickets when they're on sale! Been years since I went to a live WWE Event!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Rules_(2014)

XDoomsayerX
01-29-2014, 06:14 PM

Punk stated in a recent interview that he only wants to wrestle if it's for WWE TV.

I love CM Punk, his beliefs, his cockiness, his in ring skill, but if you watch his documentary he does come off as a bit of a selfish dick... which I totally appreciate, though.

In other news, AJ "confirmed" that CM Punk left the business... which in my eyes definitely means its a work....
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/449015-aj-lee-confirms-cm-punks-wwe-departure-update-on-sting-signing-with-wwe-merchandise-concept

All of this. Pretty much why I dig Punk.

Also agree with the demographic post. Like the WWE network aint for kids at all. They aint gonna go online and look up classic bouts.

300%_Density
01-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I can't say I'd blame Punk. If he's one of the one constantly doing shows all year and then to have semi washed up guys come in, or guys who were doing movies or UFC or whatever the case is and then come in, get huge pushes/main events. I won't act like I know a ton about the current WWE product but Punk is one of their bigger names and it didn't sound like he was really goin anywhere. I agree w/ him being disgusted w/ the state of pro wrestling. If you aren't a little worried about it, go take a look at the pages of people talking about the Royal Rumble from last Sunday.

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't say I'd blame Punk. If he's one of the one constantly doing shows all year and then to have semi washed up guys come in, or guys who were doing movies or UFC or whatever the case is and then come in, get huge pushes/main events. I won't act like I know a ton about the current WWE product but Punk is one of their bigger names and it didn't sound like he was really goin anywhere. I agree w/ him being disgusted w/ the state of pro wrestling. If you aren't a little worried about it, go take a look at the pages of people talking about the Royal Rumble from last Sunday.

If you don't include guys like Rock or Batista who just come back from movies to appear sometimes or guys like Taker and Lesner who only some up sometimes than by far the top 3 over guys in WWE are :

Cena, Punk, Bryant.

300%_Density
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
If you don't include guys like Rock or Batista who just come back from movies to appear sometimes or guys like Taker and Lesner who only some up sometimes than by far the top 3 over guys in WWE are :

Cena, Punk, Bryant.

When I hear any big star that is going nowhere I always wonder if they are being screwed and badly booked as Bret Hart when he was in WCW.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM

Cena, Punk, Bryant.

OK, I know I'm gonna nitpick here but you've made this mistake too many times now. The name is "Bryan" not "Bryant".

I'm still not so sure this isn't a work with Punk. After he dropped the pipe bomb in 2011 a lot of mainstream news outlets covered it. Even Jim Rome asked Punk to come on his radio show and vent his frustrations. So, the fact that it's getting a lot of coverage doesn't mean it's legit. If it is true, I'm fine with that because Punk had a great WWE career. The only championship he didn't win was the US title. He will certainly be in the hall of fame one day.

John The Drummer
01-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Even though a lot of the news hasn't been very positive this week, there has been 3 huge stories that seem to be taking over media....

1. Daniel Bryan
2. CM Punk "Quitting"
3. Sting "in talks with WWE"

WWE goes from being boring as hell and nothing going on to "This is a fun year...."

Maideneer
01-29-2014, 08:08 PM
The first Raw of the year was phenomenal! My expectations were at a 10. Then the rest of this month has absolutely taken a nose dive, Hoke Kogan.

Maideneer
01-30-2014, 07:37 PM
I love twitter lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Maideneer/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Maideneer/Mobile%20Uploads/image-7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Maideneer/Mobile%20Uploads/image-8.jpg

Maideneer
01-31-2014, 05:53 AM
I never got to see Stacy Keibler in person which I totally regret. Even though it's years later, my wish comes true tonight! She's hosting this Super Bowl Blitz concert series and tonight is Goo Goo Dolls in Staten Island and I get to go! Even better my ticket was free! See you tonight Ms. Keibler.

dcmetal108
01-31-2014, 07:25 AM
I never got to see Stacy Keibler in person which I totally regret. Even though it's years later, my wish comes true tonight! She's hosting this Super Bowl Blitz concert series and tonight is Goo Goo Dolls in Staten Island and I get to go! Even better my ticket was free! See you tonight Ms. Keibler.

Pics or GTFO

adamclark52
01-31-2014, 07:47 AM

She's mine. If you touch her I will hunt you down.

John The Drummer
01-31-2014, 12:01 PM
I won a meet and greet years ago and went backstage at a House Show to meet Scotty 2 Hotty, Ric Flair, and Stacy Keibler. Scotty was really shy, and Flair was creeping on Keibler :lol:

dcmetal108
01-31-2014, 07:53 PM
I won a meet and greet years ago and went backstage at a House Show to meet Scotty 2 Hotty, Ric Flair, and Stacy Keibler. Scotty was really shy, and Flair was creeping on Keibler :lol:

Can you blame him? She should be like all the other divas and fuck him solely off the fact that he is popular.

adamclark52
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM

Oh yeah, what was she drinking? (Flair's a drunk joke).

Maideneer
01-31-2014, 08:47 PM
I can't believe I only saw Nick Cannon as a host and I saw zero of Stacy. The Goo Goo Dolls were great but I can't believe I didn't see Stacy. I was second row for God sakes :( I'm kinda upset.

adamclark52
01-31-2014, 08:49 PM
I can't believe I only saw Nick Cannon as a host and I saw zero of Stacy. The Goo Goo Dolls were great but I can't believe I didn't see Stacy. I was second row for God sakes :( I'm kinda upset.

That's because I told her you were coming and she's saving herself for me.

Maideneer
01-31-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm so upset!

Sinister_Chalupa666
02-01-2014, 03:00 AM
I get to meet Lita and her big ass titties in September along with Maryse and who ever else gets announced. Can't wait to hug her tits :party::party:

dcmetal108
02-01-2014, 06:14 AM
I get to meet Lita and her big ass titties in September along with Maryse and who ever else gets announced. Can't wait to hug her tits :party::party:

I had Lita hug me, tell me I smelled really good, hug me, have her manager hug me and smell me, then invite me to come hang out all day because I was the only normal person who smells good that she'd met all day.

I win forever, you lose.

XDoomsayerX
02-01-2014, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNXPsD96TE

Damn Ziggler's best promo right here. Dude needs a push!

dcmetal108
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
By April WWE has a new Shawn Micheals Wrestlemania boxset coming out, a Ultimate Warrior one, and a RAW After Dark boxset featuring all the moments that happen when they go off the air.

300%_Density
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM
In my continuing quest rewatching the great years of wrestling, I'm watching No Way Out 1998. I know this was about the only real lazy ppv WWF had in '98. But with it setting up WM14 it's to be expected.

My question is in the big 8 man match that's Owen/Austin/Cactus/Chainsaw vs HHH/NAO/Savio, how is the addition of Savio not remembered more fondly as being one of the bigger letdowns in their history? Savio? I mean was Brakus or Tom Brandi busy? From reading there was a big hype over the replacement and that Houston crowd hated that announcement. Is it bc '98 was such a great year so that's just swept under the rug?

Sanitarium78
02-02-2014, 04:15 AM
In my continuing quest rewatching the great years of wrestling, I'm watching No Way Out 1998. I know this was about the only real lazy ppv WWF had in '98. But with it setting up WM14 it's to be expected.

My question is in the big 8 man match that's Owen/Austin/Cactus/Chainsaw vs HHH/NAO/Savio, how is the addition of Savio not remembered more fondly as being one of the bigger letdowns in their history? Savio? I mean was Brakus or Tom Brandi busy? From reading there was a big hype over the replacement and that Houston crowd hated that announcement. Is it bc '98 was such a great year so that's just swept under the rug?

I looked up the event on wikiepedia to refresh my memory and I honestly can't even recall in the slightest any of the matches on this show and I got every PPV back then. Probably because it was between the Rumble where HBK got hurt and the mania where Austin got the belt, it's completely forgotten about.

The attitude era really got into full swing once Austin got the belt so Savio being in that eight man tag was easily something to forget. Of the guys not on the card that night, Savio was probably the guy they liked the most so they threw him in there. Last minute replacements can be very hit and miss in wrestling.

hellawaits77ny
02-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Those juggs are massive.

hellawaits77ny
02-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Yeah, Savio for HBK is a huge loss. I thought that was a decent event for a "non-major" PPV. Kane belting Vader in the face with that wrench was pretty real looking, haha.

Been watching a lot of old school wrestling lately. In the past couple weeks I've watched The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin, SummerSlam Anthology 98-02 in full (SS 98 Undertaker vs Austin title match is one of my all time favorites), No Way Out 2002, WM 2000, and lot's of random Undertaker matches on YT. Fiance says I'm "obsessed lately."

John The Drummer
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM
ALRIGHT WWE!!! NOW IS YOUR FUCKING CHANCE!

Seahawks won the Superbow.... SO let D-Bry win the World Title at Extreme Rules in Seattle for THE POP OF THE YEAR!

300%_Density
02-02-2014, 09:29 PM
And Raw is in Denver in a few weeks. Sherman = great heat. What a promo he could do on Denver.

Maideneer
02-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Probably cause he's the most "outspoken" person on the team now and the figurehead. He didn't really do jack squat in the game yesterday though.

300%_Density
02-03-2014, 07:53 AM
They didn't throw to his side of the field much either. That's really the ultimate compliment to him. You can't really look at his stats and say he didn't have a good game. Put in his backup and that's all Peyton throws to.

Maideneer
02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
In fairness, he didn't throw to anyone except Thomas. Sherman was thrown at a few times. Then he got injured. Then his backup came in...and he got injured. Sherman was a non-factor because Denver didn't even show up to make it competitive.

John The Drummer
02-03-2014, 11:50 AM
And Raw is in Denver in a few weeks. Sherman = great heat. What a promo he could do on Denver.

I wonder if they'll boo D-Bry :lol: . If they want to ruin him even more and turn him heel, that'd be the time to do it :D

I was on the Key Arena's FB page (where Extreme Rules was said to take place) and someone posted asking when tickets go on sale, and they replied with "There are no WWE events being held here on that date." :eyes:. Hoping it's only because WWE hasn't OFFICIALLY announced it yet, I REAAAALLY hope it's happening.

John The Drummer
02-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Finally watched Jake The Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison... wow... :wow:
I feel very bad for him, it's no wonder he turned to drugs and alcohol, his childhood (and pre-childhood) was FUCKED. I know a lot of people hate him, but I am very happy that he was able to turn his life around.

I really can't believe the Jake/Jerry Lawler storyline though, and how they used real alcohol in the segments, that really broke my heart since he was recovering at the time and really trying to get his life on track. He deserves his Hall of Fame spot for all I know!

Sanitarium78
02-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Finally watched Jake The Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison... wow... :wow:
I feel very bad for him, it's no wonder he turned to drugs and alcohol, his childhood (and pre-childhood) was FUCKED. I know a lot of people hate him, but I am very happy that he was able to turn his life around.

I really can't believe the Jake/Jerry Lawler storyline though, and how they used real alcohol in the segments, that really broke my heart since he was recovering at the time and really trying to get his life on track. He deserves his Hall of Fame spot for all I know!

He definitely deserves his hall of fame induction. When people say guys like the Rock have good mic skills, it makes me laugh. Jake Roberts is the perfect example of being a great talker. He didn't spout out the same old catch phrases all the time. Each interview he always said something good and always said something different and made his point with it. That is what great mic skills are, having the ability to never do the same interview twice and always making it something worth listening to.

His in ring psychology was just about the best you'll ever see. He was great at knowing what to do in the ring and at what point in the match to do each spot. This art is really lost today and it's too bad because it made the matches exciting and it took the audience for a ride and made them feel like they just saw something special. His character was different to, he was darker than anyone who had ever performed in the WWF regularly up to that point. Without Jake there never would've been an Undertaker and because of Jake, being a darker character in wrestling became accepted by the masses.

If you want some other good old school DVD's, check out Roddy Piper's and Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen if you haven't yet.

dcmetal108
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
I will never be able to enjoy anything Jake The Snake has done again, my hatred for the guy will never be topped.

adamclark52
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I will never be able to enjoy anything Jake The Snake has done again, my hatred for the guy will never be topped.

Why?

300%_Density
02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Why?

Jake stole his blow back in the 80s.

XDoomsayerX
02-03-2014, 10:36 PM
It really is weird explaining to someone why ya dig pro wrestling. Never really had to until today :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
02-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Fans were kicked out for chanting CM Punk and signs were confiscated.

WWE is gonna be in LA and Ontario for Raw and Smackdown, damn I need to go and be part of this plus the #YESMOVEMENT

Sanitarium78
02-04-2014, 05:20 AM
I don't understand what chanting "CM Punk" is supposed to do? It's not like the WWE fucked up and let him go, the guy quit. People aren't making a point by chanting his name like they are when they chant "Yes" or "Daniel Bryan" during segments Bryan isn't even in. Punk obviously doesn't want to be there, so the fans should respect that and move on. Chanting for him will get you nowhere.

hellawaits77ny
02-04-2014, 05:30 AM

WWE is gonna be in LA and Ontario for Raw and Smackdown, damn I need to go and be part of this plus the #YESMOVEMENT

Wow. That is some straight BS.

I don't understand what chanting "CM Punk" is supposed to do? It's not like the WWE fucked up and let him go, the guy quit. People aren't making a point by chanting his name like they are when they chant "Yes" or "Daniel Bryan" during segments Bryan isn't even in. Punk obviously doesn't want to be there, so the fans should respect that and move on. Chanting for him will get you nowhere.

True, but the fans want to see him. Just my opinion, but I don't see the harm in chanting.

hellawaits77ny
02-04-2014, 05:31 AM
It really is weird explaining to someone why ya dig pro wrestling. Never really had to until today :eyes:

If you had to explain the late 90's - early 2000's, it's not so hard! Explaining that you still enjoy it now, I can picture that being difficult. Not ripping you or anything, I'm just sayin'.

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 05:47 AM
Why?

Met him last year and he was the biggest dickhead I've ever met. Didn't give a shit that I told him I did his kickstarter, didn't care I was a fan, only time he really talked to me was to yell that after being listed as a free signing and charging me $30 for a autograph that when I asked for a picture he told me that would be another $30. Then when I said no he just yelled at me about it and told him unless I was gonna pay then no, doesn't help I was the only fucking person in line for him anyone.

Meanwhile DDP was next to him with a line, taking pics for and everything for free.

Yeah I heard about this, Raw is in Chicago in March, so riots are possible.

John The Drummer
02-04-2014, 11:57 AM
The WWE fans have definitely become more outspoken than ever with D-Bry, Punk, and hating John Cena, and with Punk gone, they obviously want to show their love for him. Maybe they're all hoping that chanting him all night long will show him that he really does make a difference in the "E", even if he feels its a waste of time and complete shit.

What was with that stupid dance off last night... I know WWE has made some bad decisions.... but.... WTF, that was the most "mentally challenged" thing I could ever imagine.

300%_Density
02-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Who wants to see all the PPV's that will be on WWE Network? You know you want to. (http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147)

Over The Edge '99 will be. I'm mildly surprised at that.

ECW sucks a little bit. I was hoping they'd have their commercial videos in addition to the PPVs. But then maybe they still will be.

They got literally all the PPVs covered.

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Who wants to see all the PPV's that will be on WWE Network? You know you want to. (http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147)

Over The Edge '99 will be. I'm mildly surprised at that.

ECW sucks a little bit. I was hoping they'd have their commercial videos in addition to the PPVs. But then maybe they still will be.

They got literally all the PPVs covered.

OMG! 90's WWF!

ALL THOSE WCW!

ECW :drool:

Also I'm thinking the ECW ones you want might be considered part of their home video / box set collection they said would be on there.

Maideneer
02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Over the Edge (1999) - REALLY? - UNCENSORED?

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 02:54 PM

I mean they did talk about Owens death on the 50th anniversary dvd that was just released, they showed the moment where JR announced he was dead live on air, they showed the memorial and did interviews/

300%_Density
02-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I mean they did talk about Owens death on the 50th anniversary dvd that was just released, they showed the moment where JR announced he was dead live on air, they showed the memorial and did interviews/

Yea. I mean there really wasn't anything graphic or distasteful how it was handled on air.

John The Drummer
02-04-2014, 03:06 PM

What was so censored about this one?

EDIT: INTERNET FROZE BEFORE I COULD READ THE REST! OOPS

adamclark52
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I thought they had an agreement with Owens widow that they would never release it? But maybe they'd never release it FOR PROFIT. If it's on the network they really won't be making any money off it.

PVH5150
02-04-2014, 04:06 PM

I have an uncensored overseas VHS rip on my hard drive. Nothing is shown. Owen fell during a video package/backstage interview. The match he was originally set to be in was pushed back on the card so doctors could check him out backstage. After the following match, JR announced that Owen had passed.

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I have an uncensored overseas VHS rip on my hard drive. Nothing is shown. Owen fell during a video package/backstage interview. The match he was originally set to be in was pushed back on the card so doctors could check him out backstage. After the following match, JR announced that Owen had passed.

This. Nothing is shown at all.

Maideneer
02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Wait a minute. The still pics I've seen show Owen being resuscitated in the ring. Are you telling me I've been looking at false pictures all these years, and he was evaluated on backstage?!

What was going during the vid package? It couldn't have been completely blacked out in the arena.

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Wait a minute. The still pics I've seen show Owen being resuscitated in the ring. Are you telling me I've been looking at false pictures all these years, and he was evaluated on backstage?!

What was going during the vid package? It couldn't have been completely blacked out in the arena.

When the incident actually happened they were showing previously shot video for TV viewers, when it cut back Owen had already fell and they cut straight to the crowd then straight to the announcers table, tv viewers didn't see it.

BloodoftheKings
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
People in attendance at the Smackdown taping tonight reported that CM Punk merch is still being sold.

Maideneer
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
When the incident actually happened they were showing previously shot video for TV viewers, when it cut back Owen had already fell and they cut straight to the crowd then straight to the announcers table, tv viewers didn't see it.

Right, I know what TV viewers saw, but what's on this raw VHS mentioned?

John The Drummer
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

Extreme Rules isn't being held in Seattle after all :( :( :( :( :(
WWE missed such a huge opportunity since D-Bry would go over amazingly, especially after the Superbowl win!

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I just witnessed the entire Amon Amarth crowd do a YES chant during the encore break. I think DB doubles as the singer from AA.

adamclark52
02-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I just witnessed the entire Amon Amarth crowd do a YES chant during the encore break. I think DB doubles as the singer from AA.

Vince McMahon and Triple H are such fucking morons. The guy is a fucking phenomenon.

XDoomsayerX
02-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Rumor: Word is Ziggler and Del Rio contracts are bout to expire and both dudes plan on leaving. (bleacherreport)

Neither really surprise me, also while looking up Del Rio I found out dude was in MMA with a 9-5 record. Never knew that haha

Also NXT live event on Feb 27 sounds dope.

Sami Zayn vs Cesaor rematch :eek::drool:

dcmetal108
02-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Del Rio is leaving and retiring as far as I know.

Ziggy I haven't heard about, WWE will prolly renew him since he is popular and good in the ring. I really hope doesn't leave.

Maideneer
02-06-2014, 10:49 AM
I have to stick with the Stacy Keibler pic John the Drummer posted. She was the only natural looking diva in that day. The rest were all hot too (for they most part) but most were too plastic. Even Trish. I went to the same highschool as her and believe me, she was heavily altered.

I guess Molly was natural as well but she never posed for those types of pictures.

Cue the YES chants (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947350-report-wwe-in-talks-with-former-diva-about-a-return)

Maideneer
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Del Rio is leaving and retiring as far as I know.

Looks like competition is heating up early to headline WM34.

300%_Density
02-06-2014, 10:59 AM
So the last 2 days on Netflix I watched HHH Thy Kingdom Come & WWE 50 which is celebrating the 50th anniversary of WWE. I'd suggest both highly. WWE 50 was more interesting as far as the early stuff. Obviously it was heavy on Attitude era stuff. I wished they did more early to mid 90s stuff. The attitude stuff is done to death really. But still really good. Tough to pack in 50 years in a short amount of time.

Love the HHH one. And it's a lengthy one too, 2 hours 7 mins. It went over everything. The stuff where him and Stephanie first got together was quite interesting IMO. Wished it went more in depth w/ his stuff vs Cactus in early 2000 more. It also discussed in detail his after wrestling activities in the office.

Highly suggest both.

adamclark52
02-06-2014, 11:32 AM
So the last 2 days on Netflix I watched HHH Thy Kingdom Come & WWE 50 which is celebrating the 50th anniversary of WWE. I'd suggest both highly. WWE 50 was more interesting as far as the early stuff. Obviously it was heavy on Attitude era stuff. I wished they did more early to mid 90s stuff. The attitude stuff is done to death really. But still really good. Tough to pack in 50 years in a short amount of time.

Love the HHH one. And it's a lengthy one too, 2 hours 7 mins. It went over everything. The stuff where him and Stephanie first got together was quite interesting IMO. Wished it went more in depth w/ his stuff vs Cactus in early 2000 more. It also discussed in detail his after wrestling activities in the office.

Highly suggest both.

Two hours and seven minutes, was it a compilation of the last two months worth of promos?

You couldn't pay me to watch a Triple H DVD.

John The Drummer
02-06-2014, 11:58 AM
I was a bit disappointed with the Rise and Fall of WCW Documentary.

The stuff they covered was great, but they skipped SOOOOO much good stuff (contract/right issues possibly?). Definitely could have been a lot longer than 1 hour ~45 minutes.

300%_Density
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM

The stuff they covered was great, but they skipped SOOOOO much good stuff (contract/right issues possibly?). Definitely could have been a lot longer than 1 hour ~45 minutes.

I'd say because it's going to be WWE's version as opposed to how things might have really gone.

dcmetal108
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Highly suggest both.

This. The HHH one was really good.

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM

Anything the WWE ever puts out with regards to WCW will be how Vince sees it. It's been thirteen years and he still takes any chance he can to make them look bad and pump himself up more. I really don't think anyone (save himself, Triple H and Stephanie) even care anymore. Yes, you won...now fix Wrestlemania XXX.

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Anything the WWE ever puts out with regards to WCW will be how Vince sees it. It's been thirteen years and he still takes any chance he can to make them look bad and pump himself up more. I really don't think anyone (save himself, Triple H and Stephanie) even care anymore. Yes, you won...now fix Wrestlemania XXX.

I think its just trying to bury Ted Turner more. Yea he made Ted's "wrasslin" program go bankrupt but that's really the only thing he has on Turner. If you look at everything Turner has done for TV I really bet Vince is the only one who's still fixated on that. We all know Ted's done so much WCW is such a tiny sliver of Ted's career I doubt he cares.

If Vince can save WM XXX that will be one of his finest moments in his career having done so much w/ so little.

John The Drummer
02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm watching the bonus matches now... wow.... I never thought older wrestling would be so amazing. Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat right now. I remember being in awe with the Jake The Snake matches and Mr. Perfect's as well, good shit!

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 07:37 PM
I think its just trying to bury Ted Turner more. Yea he made Ted's "wrasslin" program go bankrupt but that's really the only thing he has on Turner. If you look at everything Turner has done for TV I really bet Vince is the only one who's still fixated on that. We all know Ted's done so much WCW is such a tiny sliver of Ted's career I doubt he cares.

If Vince can save WM XXX that will be one of his finest moments in his career having done so much w/ so little.

I agree, Ted doesn't care. But Vince still does. It's sad and if it makes anyone look bad, to me, it's Vince. Get over it, you won, stop rewriting and glossing over the past, you won, who cares!

Speaking of Ted, I remember a funny story from when WCW was sold. He (Ted) really doesn't have a lot of control over a lot of the things under his name any more. And he actually found out (who was it Time-Warner?) sold WCW a few weeks after the sale was complete. He was pretty upset because he still loved it.

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I agree, Ted doesn't care. But Vince still does. It's sad and if it makes anyone look bad, to me, it's Vince. Get over it, you won, stop rewriting and glossing over the past, you won, who cares!

Speaking of Ted, I remember a funny story from when WCW was sold. He (Ted) really doesn't have a lot of control over a lot of the things under his name any more. And he actually found out (who was it Time-Warner?) sold WCW a few weeks after the sale was complete. He was pretty upset because he still loved it.

I DVR'd a show about Turner months ago and I saw same thing, it's sad what happened after that merger. He was just like a forgotten guy after that went down. It's kinda sad really.

Out of all chairman/CEOs who bought out their competition, Vince seems like it happened yesterday. I don't recall seeing too many chairman of other companies who buy their competition and still fixate on it 15+ years after it happened. To them it's just business. Vince bought out a lot of those small territories in the 80s, he didn't get a big head about them, to him it was just business.

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I DVR'd a show about Turner months ago and I saw same thing, it's sad what happened after that merger. He was just like a forgotten guy after that went down. It's kinda sad really.

Out of all chairman/CEOs who bought out their competition, Vince seems like it happened yesterday. I don't recall seeing too many chairman of other companies who buy their competition and still fixate on it 15+ years after it happened. To them it's just business. Vince bought out a lot of those small territories in the 80s, he didn't get a big head about them, to him it was just business.

I think the thing that differentiates all those small territories from WCW/Time-Warner/Turner is that Turner did come damn close to putting Vince out of business. He made fun of them once they signed Hogan, Savage, Piper and all the "old" guys but don't think for a second he wouldn't have ridden their wave through the nineties if he could have. Hell, look at now. He's dependent on all these part-timers who are ten years past his prime. Don't think he wouldn't have done the same thing ten years ago with older stars.

So in the end he did beat them, essentially being David to their Goliath. But it just drives me wacko that he still has to keep trumpeting it today and make WCW look so bad every chance he gets. Because anyone who was around then doesn't care, and the younger fans don't even know it happened and don't care either. WCW was better than people remember. And it was way better than Vince will tell you. Like I said last month when I was watching the Goldberg DVD, I think I may like late-1990's WCW more than late-1990's WWF. It just had terrible backstage politics.

And wait, didn't the owner of the WWE's, son-in-laws best friend just come back after four years off the scene to win the Royal Rumble and get the main event at Wrestlemania against another one of the owners, son-in-laws buddies? And wasn't another one of the owners, son-in-laws best buddies one of the sole special entrants in the same Royal Rumble (although I do love Nash)? And isn't that same son-in-law probably going to get booked against (and squash) the hottest talent the WWE has had in fifteen years (D-Bry) at Wrestlemania? Let me keep going, aren't the same son-in-laws best buddies, who were out of the WWE (and haven't been relevant) for fifteen years, the tag team champions today? Where's X-Pac? Someone needs to win the pre-show Battle Royal at Wrestlemania.

[end anti-Triple H rant]

300%_Density
02-07-2014, 09:35 PM
So in the end he did beat them, essentially being David to their Goliath. But it just drives me wacko that he still has to keep trumpeting it today and make WCW look so bad every chance he gets. Because anyone who was around then doesn't care, and the younger fans don't even know it happened and don't care either. WCW was better than people remember. And it was way better than Vince will tell you. Like I said last month when I was watching the Goldberg DVD, I think I may like late-1990's WCW more than late-1990's WWF. It just had terrible backstage politics.

The politics were just awful for any business that was as big as WCW, let alone a wrestling company. If you prefer the late 90s WCW over WWF that's your opinion. I can tell you, for me personally, in watching both in order, it started out w/ I would find myself skipping through WWF a little more and WCW less, and then it got to be towards the end of 1997 and it is becoming more the inverse. I don't know how the hell Raw wasn't beating Nitro sooner in the ratings than they were. The Nitro main events were easy to figure out, there was a pool of about 12-15 wrestlers that would usually be in it and no one else. I watched one from March of 1998 that was DDP vs Sting in the start of the 2nd hour. Would that not have been a better main event than having Hogan/Nash vs Giant/Can't Remember? A weekly 3 hour show is such a drain and I don't know how I could constantly watch it years ago. The unopposed hour was usually involving crap like Lenny Lane vs Sickboy or something that deserved to be on WCW Saturday Night. Nitro was watchable when it was 2 hours. Maybe its revisionist history watching it 16 years after the fact knowing what I know now. 1998 WCW was tolerable but 1999 it just really got progressively worse. When WWF was kicking ass WCW was putting out subpar programming and spending money on Kiss Demon, Megadeth and the No Limit Soldiers.

It seemed like in this period the WWF's main events usually carried their PPV's/Raws and their midcard wasn't that strong. Where WCW's midcard w/ the Jericho's/Booker T/Benoit/Malenko/Guerrero & luchadore's were having the best matches and the main events were just awful. And how many Age In The Cage main events could they have done involving Hogan vs Savage/Flair/Piper/Other? Awful. They were good at different aspects. Both didn't really have all sides clicking at the same time.

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 04:17 AM
The politics were just awful for any business that was as big as WCW, let alone a wrestling company. If you prefer the late 90s WCW over WWF that's your opinion. I can tell you, for me personally, in watching both in order, it started out w/ I would find myself skipping through WWF a little more and WCW less, and then it got to be towards the end of 1997 and it is becoming more the inverse. I don't know how the hell Raw wasn't beating Nitro sooner in the ratings than they were. The Nitro main events were easy to figure out, there was a pool of about 12-15 wrestlers that would usually be in it and no one else. I watched one from March of 1998 that was DDP vs Sting in the start of the 2nd hour. Would that not have been a better main event than having Hogan/Nash vs Giant/Can't Remember? A weekly 3 hour show is such a drain and I don't know how I could constantly watch it years ago. The unopposed hour was usually involving crap like Lenny Lane vs Sickboy or something that deserved to be on WCW Saturday Night. Nitro was watchable when it was 2 hours. Maybe its revisionist history watching it 16 years after the fact knowing what I know now. 1998 WCW was tolerable but 1999 it just really got progressively worse. When WWF was kicking ass WCW was putting out subpar programming and spending money on Kiss Demon, Megadeth and the No Limit Soldiers.

It seemed like in this period the WWF's main events usually carried their PPV's/Raws and their midcard wasn't that strong. Where WCW's midcard w/ the Jericho's/Booker T/Benoit/Malenko/Guerrero & luchadore's were having the best matches and the main events were just awful. And how many Age In The Cage main events could they have done involving Hogan vs Savage/Flair/Piper/Other? Awful. They were good at different aspects. Both didn't really have all sides clicking at the same time.

That's what it was, I loved WCWs midcard and WWFs main events. Aside from Austin in 1998 the rest of WWF was meh to me. I just had more fun watching WCW, even the main events. But I was out of wrestling from 1993 to 1998, so WCWs main events weren't that stale to me. It was more nostalgic fun. But I can see why they get slack.

dcmetal108
02-08-2014, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't call D-Bry the hottest talent in the last 15 years because he's really over now but you can't forget how HUGE Punk was when he was on the title streak.

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't call D-Bry the hottest talent in the last 15 years because he's really over now but you can't forget how HUGE Punk was when he was on the title streak.

I don't know man, were they doing CM Punk chants at college basketball games and at Amon Amarth concerts?

Sanitarium78
02-08-2014, 07:08 AM

You're just a delusional as Vince is;)

Bryan is way more over as a face right now then Punk was during the first half of his title run. As much as the crowd loved Punk in 2011/2012, I never once thought he was as over as Austin was during his peak. But I've thought that about Bryan many times since last summer. He's the most over face the company has had since Austin. In my 28 years of being a fan, I have never once seen an entire arena chant in unison with somebody like the crowd does for Bryan with the "YES" chant. The crowd is hijacking segments that don't even have him in it with "YES" and "Daniel Bryan" chants. That just doesn't happen in wrestling. The WWE hasn't seen a phenomenon like this since Austin.

dcmetal108
02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
I don't know man, were they doing CM Punk chants at college basketball games and at Amon Amarth concerts?

True

You're just a delusional as Vince is;)

Bryan is way more over as a face right now then Punk was during the first half of his title run. As much as the crowd loved Punk in 2011/2012, I never once thought he was as over as Austin was during his peak. But I've thought that about Bryan many times since last summer. He's the most over face the company has had since Austin. In my 28 years of being a fan, I have never once seen an entire arena chant in unison with somebody like the crowd does for Bryan with the "YES" chant. The crowd is hijacking segments that don't even have him in it with "YES" and "Daniel Bryan" chants. That just doesn't happen in wrestling. The WWE hasn't seen a phenomenon like this since Austin.

The crowd hijacks chants for anything when they get bored lol, look at the Rumble Cena vs Orton match.

You've both made valid points and I now agree. It did give me goosebumps being in arena for a house show in Dec. and the place going nuts for D-Bry.

Maideneer
02-08-2014, 10:41 AM
/yxrYXHTg3yo

adamclark52
02-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't say D-Bry is to Stone Cold level just yet. We'll see where he is in a year.

John The Drummer
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Since when was Goldust a high flyer? :lol:
So awesome.

John The Drummer
02-11-2014, 10:18 AM
That Shield/Wyatt standoff last night was awesome..... they really should have saved that match for WrestleMania.

Maideneer
02-11-2014, 10:20 AM
It was a couple months ago or so when the Shield and Wyatt's went at it in the ring and everyone was talking about how awesome it was and how old school it felt, and I agreed. Yea it was a good standoff last night. Shame the Shield is breaking up after EC. I really hope Ambrose rises to the front, he's the best of the group.

John The Drummer
02-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I have a feeling Dean and Roman will be the standouts when they split, and Seth will just be a low carder.

I think WWE should just book Batista vs Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match.... especially after his ass kicking of Del Rio last night...

adamclark52
02-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I have a feeling Dean and Roman will be the standouts when they split, and Seth will just be a low carder.

I think WWE should just book Batista vs Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match.... especially after his ass kicking of Del Rio last night...

I think you're right on the money there, which is unfortunate. All three can go but someone has to be the Marty Jannetty of every team.

BloodoftheKings
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I really hope Ambrose rises to the front, he's the best of the group.

Best in the ring = Rollins
Best character = Ambrose
Guy they're gonna push because he has the main event look = Reigns

dcmetal108
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Lesner Vs Batista in a no holds barred match wouldn't work. Lesner would bleed and be all up for it but Batista is a pussy who wouldn't do it now.

Also anyone else notice the divas division is now like two parts. Total Divas vs WWE Divas. Stupid shit.

adamclark52
02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Also anyone else notice the divas division is now like two parts. Total Divas vs WWE Divas. Stupid shit.

Maybe they're building towards a brand extension.

rjturtle9
02-12-2014, 02:06 AM
Best in the ring = Ambrose

Fixed.

Sanitarium78
02-12-2014, 05:18 AM
I saw the spoilers for Smackdown this week and I just read the best news of the wrestling year. Cesaro beat Randy Orton:rocker:

Apparently, he's dropped his first name and will just be known as Cesaro now. It looks like a push may be planned for him. Since he's the best wrestler the WWE has had since Chris Benoit, I hope he at least gets a very good IC title reign this year. There's nothing Cesaro can't do in the ring and there's nobody on the roster he can't work a believable match with. I really hope beating Orton is a sign of goods things to come for him.

It's not all good news though, Damien Sandow lost to Darren Young:tp:

Maideneer
02-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Great news on Cesaro, although that entrance announcement is gonna sound weird. Coming down the aisle weighing xxx, from Switzerland, one half of the Real Americans.........CESARO. Someone's gonna think the announcer screwed up.

He's my favorite wrestler in the company, classic workout routines, hard worker, skilled athlete, naturally strong, and a lot of intangibles.

Sandow is getting just buried, along with Ziggler. Such a damn shame.

dcmetal108
02-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Cesaro is good in ring but he doesn't have the IT factor to ever have him go past good mid-carder.

Sanitarium78
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Cesaro is good in ring but he doesn't have the IT factor to ever have him go past good mid-carder.

Correction, Cesaro is GOD in the ring. I don't think he'll ever be a main eventer either. But at least put the IC title on him and have him beat Honkey Tonk Man's reign with it. I can't believe that bum still holds the record for longest IC title reign. Somebody should've beat it by now. Cesaro has been getting over through his in ring work just like Benoit did. I wouldn't rule out a short world title run for him if he can get over with the crowd enough. I mean, look how many world title runs Orton has had and he's always been bland and boring as fuck. What Cesaro lacks in mic skills he makes up for a hundred times over with his ring work. Cesaro definitely has the look to and that goes a long way when it comes to weather Vince pushes someone or not.

dcmetal108
02-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Orton is friends with owners, Cesaro is a mid carder. Sadly Orton will continue.

adamclark52
02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
They've invested a lot more time and money into making Orton a star than Cesaro. That said, the business needs guys who can fill the role of Benoit, Guerrero and, to a degree, Booker T and Chris Jericho. Guys who can steal the show and save a PPV with solid undercard matches.

It took the industry fifteen years to recognize those guys, you never know with Cesaro. I'm not too high on single name handles though.

dcmetal108
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Benoit for Hall Of Fame 2015.

BloodoftheKings
02-12-2014, 09:51 PM

You think Ziggler can be main event but Cesaro can't?

I think Cesaro's role on NXT is a preview of what he will be on the main roster in the future. He's probably the most entertaining wrestler in wwe behind Daniel Bryan. They have to push this guy.

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Watching SS 2003, Kane vs Shane McMahon Ambulance Match. Haha, such a bizarre feud, but this was actually a pretty good match I thought.

adamclark52
02-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Watching SS 2003, Kane vs Shane McMahon Ambulance Match. Haha, such a bizarre feud, but this was actually a pretty good match I thought.

I was hoping for a bit more brutality and insanity from Shane in that one. It's been ten years now so the impact has long since worn off, but watching the Raw brand Survivor Series match in a Theater with a few hundred people was intense. People were in to that match.

300%_Density
02-13-2014, 10:43 AM
After watching a Dean Malenko match, it made me wonder, when he did that gut buster move off the top rope how does he not tear his knee up everytime he did it? It looks so awkward when he does it when you look at the knee that his opponent falls on. Obviously I'm sure there's a safe way to do it but it looks like an easy way to tear up a knee.

John The Drummer
02-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Guys who can steal the show and save a PPV with solid undercard matches.

Tyson Kidd.

His "return" (where the fuck did he go?) was great, that dude is skilled, but sadly, he isn't big, muscular and oiled up :tongue:

Sanitarium78
02-13-2014, 05:00 PM
After watching a Dean Malenko match, it made me wonder, when he did that gut buster move off the top rope how does he not tear his knee up everytime he did it? It looks so awkward when he does it when you look at the knee that his opponent falls on. Obviously I'm sure there's a safe way to do it but it looks like an easy way to tear up a knee.

Man, that move was awesome. I'm not aware of Malenko having any knee issues from doing it though.

To get a little deeper into it, I guess it's one of those moves that you don't think about the logic behind it and you're just supposed to see it from a standpoint of how cool it looks. We could go on all day about moves hurting the guy who is delivering it. A simple backbreaker should hurt your knee, I mean if it's hurting your opponents back that bad if should mess up your knee. What about the headbutt? There's no way it makes sense to clunk your opponents head together with yours since it will hurt you just as much. There's many more examples of this in wrestling. That's why I always loved that RVD sold that the frog splash hurt him every time he hit it. The logic made sense, there's no way that wasn't gonna hurt him almost as much as the guy receiving it.

Tyson Kidd.

His "return" (where the fuck did he go?) was great, that dude is skilled, but sadly, he isn't big, muscular and oiled up :tongue:

Tyson Kidd is the reason why manager's should still exists today. Excellent in ring ability but has the charisma and mic skills of a dead rat. The guy could certainly be a solid midcard guy with a few good IC or US title reigns but he doesn't have anyone to talk for him and help build him up. They acknowledge that him and Natalya are married in real life so I don't get why they don't pair them up again like they were when they first came to the main roster. Natalya is decent on the mic and has some charisma, they should just have her talk for him again like they used to when they first debuted.

All Kidd has been doing in wrestling on NXT for the most part. I think he helps train people down there and that's why most of his work has been with them since his return.

dcmetal108
02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
I hate that WWE won't have guy vs girl matches. Shits stupid that it's against their rules for a guy and girl to face off.

XDoomsayerX
02-13-2014, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc8E4CHF7n0

CM Punk chants will be better come March 3.

John The Drummer
02-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I just watched Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan (Bash at the Beach 1994), Hogan's WCW debut... wow, that pop when he wins.... think if D-Bry were to win the World Title in Seattle... oh wait.... WWE wouldn't do that ;)

300%_Density
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Man, that move was awesome. I'm not aware of Malenko having any knee issues from doing it though.

To get a little deeper into it, I guess it's one of those moves that you don't think about the logic behind it and you're just supposed to see it from a standpoint of how cool it looks. We could go on all day about moves hurting the guy who is delivering it. A simple backbreaker should hurt your knee, I mean if it's hurting your opponents back that bad if should mess up your knee. What about the headbutt? There's no way it makes sense to clunk your opponents head together with yours since it will hurt you just as much. There's many more examples of this in wrestling. That's why I always loved that RVD sold that the frog splash hurt him every time he hit it. The logic made sense, there's no way that wasn't gonna hurt him almost as much as the guy receiving it.

Yea. Atleast for me everytime he did it I always thought that he was hurt. I'm pretty sure the first time I saw it I thought somebody messed something up and he did get hurt. I've seen backbreakers done where the way its done you can kinda figure out how it's done w/o making it look like it'd hurt the guy giving it. Headbutts are pretty obvious how it wouldn't hurt. But I just can't wrap my mind around how it didn't ever hurt his knee or have his foot or ankle just collapse on him when he landed.

Sanitarium78
02-15-2014, 08:01 AM
So, is everyone happy about Lita getting into the Hall Of Fame? She's probably my favorite WWE diva ever so I think it's well deserved. It's too bad her reigns with the women's title were short and forgettable though. She always seemed to be a transition champ for some reason.

adamclark52
02-15-2014, 08:29 AM
So, is everyone happy about Lita getting into the Hall Of Fame? She's probably my favorite WWE diva ever so I think it's well deserved. It's too bad her reigns with the women's title were short and forgettable though. She always seemed to be a transition champ for some reason.

I'm fine with it. It makes me feel a little old though.

Personally i'd induct her boobs into my face.

hellawaits77ny
02-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Personally i'd induct her boobs into my face.

I like your style!

hellawaits77ny
02-15-2014, 09:05 AM
I was hoping for a bit more brutality and insanity from Shane in that one. It's been ten years now so the impact has long since worn off, but watching the Raw brand Survivor Series match in a Theater with a few hundred people was intense. People were in to that match.

Yeah, he took bigger bumps in other matches, but I still dug the match. Kane taking the ambulance door to the head unprotected was nasty looking.

John The Drummer
02-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Watched the ending of Smackdown just to see Cesaro vs Orton... WOW.... for Cesaro's size that dude can fly! I am sure he will be dropped down to lower-mid card by the middle of the year, but shit... WWE better not drop the ball, this dude is A WRESTLER.

XDoomsayerX
02-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Watched the ending of Smackdown just to see Cesaro vs Orton... WOW.... for Cesaro's size that dude can fly! I am sure he will be dropped down to lower-mid card by the middle of the year, but shit... WWE better not drop the ball, this dude is A WRESTLER.

Nig watch all of Smackdown. This week was a good episode. That Fatal Four way was pretty fun. Also Zeb didnt come out with signs this week. Maybe The Real Americans are gonna turn babyface. It would make sense peeps love em and We the People chants have been getting louder.

Sanitarium78
02-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Nig watch all of Smackdown. This week was a good episode. That Fatal Four way was pretty fun. Also Zeb didnt come out with signs this week. Maybe The Real Americans are gonna turn babyface. It would make sense peeps love em and We the People chants have been getting louder.

Smackdown has been pretty solid over the last few months. They always seem to have a couple very good matches worth checking out every week. I think Cesaro is turning face soon. I don't think Zeb and Swagger will be. Zeb's character just wouldn't work the same as a face and nobody cares about Swagger. The main reasons The Real Americans are getting people to like them is Cesaro and a lot of fans share the same thoughts about immigration that Zeb does.

John The Drummer
02-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Swaggers return was cool because he was a beast..... but that died out faster than The Shockmaster....

XDoomsayerX
02-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Swagger needs a lengthy US title run. Plus it would be perfect for his gimmick.

dcmetal108
02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Swagger bores the almighty shit out of me.

adamclark52
02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Swagger's fine as long as he doesn't talk. He fucked up royally last year. He could be jobbing out to Batista at Elimination Chamber, instead he doesn't even have a match.

adamclark52
02-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Swagger's fine as long as he doesn't talk. He fucked up royally last year. He could be jobbing out to Batista at Elimination Chamber, instead he doesn't even have a match.

Ok, scratch that. I didn't know he was facing off against Big E Langston.

XDoomsayerX
02-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Cesaro vs Cena was MOTY quality.

BloodoftheKings
02-18-2014, 08:02 PM
R.I.P. Viscera :(

adamclark52
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
R.I.P. Viscera :(

What!

John The Drummer
02-19-2014, 11:55 AM
No way! Man, Viscera (in the Ministry days) was creepy as hell, I loved his character so much!

RIP Big Daddy V/Mable/Viscera :( :( :(

dcmetal108
02-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Times for the news reel!

1) WWE has started posting videos and pictures of Sting detailing his career, just in time for him to come out at WM.

2) WM is looking rough right now. I read Vince is worried that because of Punk not being there and Batistas comeback bombing hard that the card is really having a hard time coming together well. Word is RVD might be making a return as well as Jericho with a feud starting between the two.

300%_Density
02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Could WM XXX approach WM XI or IX bad I wonder?

JRA
02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Could WM XXX approach WM XI or IX bad I wonder?

29 already did that.

Sanitarium78
02-19-2014, 07:21 PM
29 already did that.

I thought it was better than Wrestlemania's 25-28 but that's not saying much. They haven't exactly been hitting out of the park over the last several years with Wrestlemaina. The last one that was good all the way through was mania 20. It's pretty sad that it's been ten years since the show has delivered.

I'm glad that the fans love for Bryan, the departure of Punk and the flop of Batista's return has Vince rethinking things for mania. I wonder if this will finally be the wake up call he's needed for the last decade.

300%_Density
02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Should have prefaced that I guess I haven't seen the last few so probably shouldn't have made that conclusion. Although I did read how bad 29 was.

I just remember how bad IX & XI were top to bottom with no memorable matches from each. Just being remembered as the toga WM & that one w/ Lawrence Taylor in the main event. Were the last few really worse than those?

adamclark52
02-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Two months ago I was all about watching Wrestlemania but I decided last week not to bother.

XDoomsayerX
02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Two months ago I was all about watching Wrestlemania but I decided last week not to bother.

I already forgot Batista came back. Goddamn what a horrible return that was. :hecho:

WM 30 is shaping up to be bland as hell. This seems like a possible card the WWE could do to salvage Mania :tongue: :

Batista vs. Orton vs. Lesnar (WWE Title)

Bryan vs HHH

Taker vs Sting

Bray Wyatt vs Cena

Rollins vs Reigns vs Ambrose (US Title)

The Usos vs Rybaxel vs Rhode Bros vs Real Americans Four Way Ladder Match for Tag Titles

Big E vs Sheamus (Intercontinental Title)

AJ Lee vs Naomi (Divas Title)

rjturtle9
02-19-2014, 09:55 PM
All that stuff he wrote

That card actually looks pretty damn good and realistic too.

Sanitarium78
02-20-2014, 05:35 AM
It will be Taker/Lesnar this year. There's no way they re-introduce Sting to the wrestling fans and then a month later have him lose his first big match back. At least with Lesnar fans will buy that he could end the streak. If they did it with Sting this year there's no way anyone would believe he could possibly do it. If Sting does sign and perform with the WWE, which we've got no confirmation that he has yet, he will need to be built up as a threat to Taker. Next year would be better since they'll have time to give him a few big wins and let him look like a legit challenger to end the streak.

People seem to forget that Sting has been gone from mainstream wrestling for 13 years now. His return needs to be handled properly. They just can't throw him out there and have him job to Taker right away. A lot of fans now don't even know who he is and there's many more who would need to re-familiarise themselves with Sting since he's been away for so long.

Bad idea to waste Taker/Sting this soon. Let Sting appear at this years mania, after Taker wins, Sting comes out the the ring, doesn't say a word and just points his baseball bat at Taker. This will be Sting's way of issuing a challenge for next year's mania then they can properly build him up for Taker.

JRA
02-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Exactly how do those idiots think Cena vs. Bray Wyatt is going to draw money? Cena vs. Taker! Goddamn. Fuck Lesnar

dcmetal108
02-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Exactly how do those idiots think Cena vs. Bray Wyatt is going to draw money? Cena vs. Taker! Goddamn. Fuck Lesnar

No because then people would get mad the Cena lost to some "old timer".

God I hate the normal wrestling crowd.

Sanitarium78
02-20-2014, 02:06 PM

There's no reason to think that Cena vs Wyatt can't draw money. Cena is still the WWE's biggest draw and money maker. Wyatt has been pushed good over the last few months and is the strongest booked and most over heel in the company right now. That match will certainly be a bigger draw than Orton/Batista.

As for Taker/Cena, I think the two main reasons it hasn't been done is because Vince has no idea who would go over or they're saving it for Taker's last match.

adamclark52
02-20-2014, 03:12 PM
As tr00 wrestling fans we should all be happy that a talent like Bray is getting to face the top star at the biggest show of the year.

Sanitarium78
02-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Hogan is now back in the WWE. He will be hosting wrestlemania.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe-26183295

adamclark52
02-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Hogan is now back in the WWE. He will be hosting wrestlemania.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe-26183295

Hogan was a big factor in my getting Wrestlemania XXX, but that was months before the card was looking to be total garbage. Something BIG has to get announced, like Stone Cold being involved in some way or the Punk thing really being a work, for me to fork out the dollars now.

JRA
02-21-2014, 04:52 PM
There's no reason to think that Cena vs Wyatt can't draw money. Cena is still the WWE's biggest draw and money maker. Wyatt has been pushed good over the last few months and is the strongest booked and most over heel in the company right now. That match will certainly be a bigger draw than Orton/Batista.

As for Taker/Cena, I think the two main reasons it hasn't been done is because Vince has no idea who would go over or they're saving it for Taker's last match.

Yes it can draw because Cena can draw money with anything, but why not put him against someone who can also draw? It's why Stone Cold & The Rock were such a great Wrestlemania pairing. I just feel like Wyatt needs to wait another year. and I call bullshit on Vince having no idea. He knows damn well Taker goes over. Taker is Vince's all-time favorite creation because he didn't steal him from a territory, and he became most famous when he created that persona for him. Plus it was a great cartoonish gimmick.

No because then people would get mad the Cena lost to some "old timer".

God I hate the normal wrestling crowd.

I don't think that will happen here. Its about who the people want to see win and lose. The only reason that happened last year is because Punk being in that feud after losing the title to the Rock was extremely stupid to begin with. No one wanted to see Punk keep losing. Punk should have never lost the title.

Everyone wants to Cena lose all the time and up against the streak, they really want him to lose.

The card should look like this:

Danielson/Batista for the title (Orton loses it to Bryan either at Chamber or on TV)
Cena/Taker
Lesnar/Cesaro
Orton/Bray Wyatt
New Age Outlaws/Ambrose & Rollins

PVH5150
02-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Breaking news: Mark Calaway changes name to Grandpa.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1604830_1421950511385416_1121154042_n.jpg

adamclark52
02-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Breaking news: Mark Calaway changes name to Grandpa.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1604830_1421950511385416_1121154042_n.jpg

He should get contacts like that for his next return.

dcmetal108
02-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Say what you will about Taker but dude is still in shape, can move around, and still looks like one badass motherfucker.

XDoomsayerX
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Hogan was a big factor in my getting Wrestlemania XXX, but that was months before the card was looking to be total garbage. Something BIG has to get announced, like Stone Cold being involved in some way or the Punk thing really being a work, for me to fork out the dollars now.

Ya aint even gonna watch the free live stream somewhere, its still Mania.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Ya aint even gonna watch the free live stream somewhere, its still Mania.

I don't know where to get those things.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 02:46 PM
So I watched the Elimination Chamber match from Summerslam 2003 today. I remember being so mad after that match because Goldberg was so hot in that match and Triple H was such a bitch at that point, and cheated to win. But I'd completely forgotten that Triple H had a massively torn groin at the time and could barely walk. So it was a great idea to have him go over and then do a rematch the next month.

Fucking. Asshole.

dcmetal108
02-22-2014, 05:46 PM
WWE Network in less than two days!

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Here's a little story I think is cute.

I play wrestle with my boys. I really shouldn't since they're only three and a half and one and a half but they enjoy it and it's good exercise for us all. So once a few weeks ago I put Smackdown on so my oldest son could see what "wrestling" actually was, since I think he thought it was just running at daddy, getting lifted in the air and getting tickled. He didn't seem to care.

Fast-forward to today and he goes, "daddy, let's wrestle and put it on the TV too". Okay, so I grabbed the nearest DVD I'd been watching (the new Goldberg one) and threw it on. The kids stared in awe at Goldberg. Like, jaws hanging open. The baby got distracted quickly and moved on but my oldest son thought Goldberg was the coolest (the entrance, with the fireworks, specifically). So we wrestled over the course of three or four matches (still just running at daddy, getting lifted in the air and getting tickled), he did little Goldberg entrances every time Goldberg did on TV, he tried to spear me and "missed" (like Goldberg did against Chris Jericho at Badd Blood 2003) and was generally loving Goldberg. He even cried at the end of the Summerslam 2003 match when Goldberg lost. And since I was playing "Triple H" he told be he was going to spear me but I had to pretend to use the sledgehammer. So yeah, I've created adamclark53. He really likes the intro to Behemoths' Blow Your Trumpets, Gabriel too.

Whatever, I think it's really cool that my little boys are turning in to me.

300%_Density
02-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I'll raise you. My almost 11 year old step daughter is infatuated w/ the violent stuff. Played old violent ECW stuff, KOTR 98 Hell In a Cell, and even the '95 King of the Deathmatch VHS w/ Cactus & Funk. If it's not violent and/or bloody it doesn't hold her attention. But it's a start.

6 year old boy likes it as well. But doesn't like the blood. He 'll get used to it.

Warms the heart to pass it on to a younger generation. I almost feel awkward if I forget to skip through a more "grow up" part that they don't need to see. Makes me feel so old.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 06:52 PM
I was around his age when I got into wrestling. I remember watching the Incredible Hulk cartoon in probably 1983 or 1984 (maybe even 1985, I don't know) and after it was over wrestling came on. Hulk Hogan came out and my dad goes, "hey adamclark52, it's THE HULK". I looked at the screen and was like, "that's not the Hulk, that's some bald loser with a bandana and a red shirt. The Hulk is green, dad". But that's my first memory of wrestling and it made me happy that one of the first memories he'll have of wresting is hating Triple H.

dcmetal108
02-22-2014, 07:01 PM
I'll raise you. My almost 11 year old step daughter is infatuated w/ the violent stuff. Played old violent ECW stuff, KOTR 98 Hell In a Cell, and even the '95 King of the Deathmatch VHS w/ Cactus & Funk. If it's not violent and/or bloody it doesn't hold her attention. But it's a start.

6 year old boy likes it as well. But doesn't like the blood. He 'll get used to it.

Warms the heart to pass it on to a younger generation. I almost feel awkward if I forget to skip through a more "grow up" part that they don't need to see. Makes me feel so old.

Show her some Japan Deathmatch or stuff with Necrobutcher if you want her to stop watching it.

I don't know a time where I didn't like wrestling. My dad and my moms mom loved it even before I was born so I was really born into being a fan.

300%_Density
02-22-2014, 07:10 PM
I know I got started young but it's usually in spurts. I started around 3-4. I actually still have on VHS somewhere right before WM 3 where Andre ripped off the cross from Hogan. Then I think I stopped around '92, and got back in around March '98 and lasted till somewhere in '04.

Nowadays I'm very hit and miss. But I'll always watch the late 90s/00s stuff though.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 07:15 PM
I know I got started young but it's usually in spurts. I started around 3-4. I actually still have on VHS somewhere right before WM 3 where Andre ripped off the cross from Hogan. Then I think I stopped around '92, and got back in around March '98 and lasted till somewhere in '04.

Nowadays I'm very hit and miss. But I'll always watch the late 90s/00s stuff though.

Yeah, I had pretty much the same peaks and valleys as you. Started sometime between 1983 and 1985, stopped watching sometime between 1992 and 1994, started up in summer 1998, watched pretty religiously until early 2006, fell out of love with it and stopped watching in early 2009. Now I keep up on everything (I know who's champion, what's going on and who's wrestling at a pay per view) but I watch, like, five shows a year, tops.

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Show her some Japan Deathmatch or stuff with Necrobutcher if you want her to stop watching it.

I don't know a time where I didn't like wrestling. My dad and my moms mom loved it even before I was born so I was really born into being a fan.

Show her some of that CZW crap with highschool kids and homeless people jumping off scaffolds onto lightbulbs and putting needles through each others faces. I love the old ECW stuff and I know there is some decent CZW stuff, but some of their stuff is utter garbage.

Sanitarium78
02-23-2014, 06:46 AM
WWE Network in less than two days!

Now I just gotta figure out how to download it to my PS3 so I can watch it on that. If i'm gonna be seeing the PPVs live now, there's no way i'm viewing them on my laptop screen.

dcmetal108
02-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Now I just gotta figure out how to download it to my PS3 so I can watch it on that. If i'm gonna be seeing the PPVs live now, there's no way i'm viewing them on my laptop screen.

I heard the app is already on PS4 and PS3 to pre download for Monday