PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Pro Wrestling" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 12:39 PM
$10-$12/month? Sorry, that's asking a little too much. Promotion the hell out of it at the start...hell sell me a lifetime pass for $500, that's what Sirius/XM did for a while.

I thought $10-12 was fairly reasonable. The fact that PPV's are $44.95 & $59.95 for HD this is a great deal if you buy them every month (or want to buy them every month). Lets assume its higher at $12 a month and you have to do 6 month commitment. $72 is the price for what 1 PPV and a quarter? I think that's a great deal.

I was shocked that they are so much now. Last one I even bought was $30 which really shows how long since I've bought a PPV.

adamclark52
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
If they go the route that 300% Density posted I'd be fine with it. But if they go the route that I dread they will (with all the original programming) I want it to fail miserably. And I want it to fail miserably because I want the WWE to realize that they aren't a global entertainment giant, they're a wrestling promotion. They're damn good at being a wrestling promotion. But all these stupid fucking ventures that Vince gets in his head (XFL, Total Divas, WWE Films, that bodybuilding federation he did in the 1990's) are just so laughable. I don't know how he thinks they're good ideas. And if the network does go the route that I fear believe me it will be filled with shit original programming, staring d-list actors, written by writers right out of school and will all come off terrible.

I won't get it for a few reasons. The first is I just don't want to pay for it. The second is I know it'll be shit original programming spattered with some old, good stuff. And the last is I doubt it'll even be available in Canada.

Maideneer
01-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I know Netflix was introducing a new structure where it was $6.99/month for some people but that was for SD programming only. HD was more...let's see if WWE structures it that way too.

When you look at it the PPV way, it could be a good deal, but the details aren't finalized and something must be up. Why would they undercut their own PPV buy-rates? It doesn't make sense to destroy one revenue stream and make it up evenly or at a loss with another product offering. That doesn't equal growth so I'm wondering what's going to actually come out of it.

dcmetal108
01-02-2014, 12:54 PM
$12 a month isn't bad. I know when they had the WWE channel a while back with all the on demand stuff you needed a subscription for they always had WCW and ECW with themes monthly like AWA.

Also I don't mind Total Divas because most of them are hot and usually wear very little clothes (Eva Marie)

Maideneer
01-02-2014, 12:55 PM
http://www.fitflex.com/icopro0.jpg

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I can see them undercutting their own PPV revenue a little bit because buying PPVs the old way is basically going to a big box store and still paying $17 for a CD. Its old, becoming antiquated, its gonna be on its way out. Everything is on demand or streaming now. Who really goes to your on demand guide and actually buy a PPV movie now instead of just going to Netflix or Redbox for a movie anymore?

It makes no sense, when wrestling was good and you couldn't find PPVs online (the pre torrent / YouTube days) the PPVs were only $30 which was still alot in the late 90s. Now as the quality as has gone dramatically down and you can find any PPV you want on YouTube or download the torrent they are now asking goddamn double the price for worse content. Who the hell would want to pay those prices when you can find other ways to do find it in other places?

By having the PPVs in its current state they are splitting the prices w/ cable/satellite providers. I don't imagine there's a huge buyrate for the 2nd rate, non big 5 (I'm being generous to King of the Ring if they still even do that) might as well put them on WWE Network and keep all profit for yourself and not have to share when I'm guessing the buy rates aren't late 90s/early 00s type of buy rates.

I'm playing the odds here, more than likely if you have cable/satellite TV there's a good chance that you probably have some sort of broadband/cable/DSL/Anything but Dialup type of internet. Wouldn't you rather figure in $10-12 into your monthly budget than $45-60 for a PPV?

Sanitarium78
01-02-2014, 02:28 PM
When you look at it the PPV way, it could be a good deal, but the details aren't finalized and something must be up. Why would they undercut their own PPV buy-rates? It doesn't make sense to destroy one revenue stream and make it up evenly or at a loss with another product offering. That doesn't equal growth so I'm wondering what's going to actually come out of it.

Their PPV buy rates blow now. WrestleMania may crack 1 million buys, the Rumble and Summerslam might get 500,000 buys each that's it as far as making money goes with their PPV buys. Every other PPV during the year is lucky to get 150-200k in buys. They really aren't making that much with most of these shows now. If they can get a million people to sign up for the network to start, which isn't impossible since they're a world wide company, they can easily make up the PPV loss with that. They won't make it up right away but if the network is successful, they will in the long run.

Vince is a smart business man and he didn't get to the level of success he's at now by not taking chances. He is taking a huge chance with the network but if it pays off it will be one of the WWE's most financially successful things ever. This can only go one of two ways, either it becomes a big success or it flops worse than Curtis Axel's IC title reign. If it doesn't work out then they just go back to doing things like they do now.

Sanitarium78
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
We all know how huge the internet is now but I think it's a mistake to only make the network an online streaming thing. If they make it a regular TV channel you can get, they will get many more people to get it, I believe. Maybe it will head that way eventually if it's a success.

BloodoftheKings
01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm surprised there's very little discussion of the Daniel Bryan heel turn.

I don't think it's gonna last very long. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just 2 weeks of "Say it aint so Daniel" and then there's some corny segment where he shows uncertainty and the Yes chants de-brainwash him or something.

Nater
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm surprised there's very little discussion of the Daniel Bryan heel turn.

I don't think it's gonna last very long. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just 2 weeks of "Say it aint so Daniel" and then there's some corny segment where he shows uncertainty and the Yes chants de-brainwash him or something.

It was so well done. My opinion is that the Wyatts are the best thing going right now. Dbry played it off so well. I kinda hope he runs as a heel. He could pull it like he did in ROH with the crazy "I'm gonna kill you and take your eye" gimmick

dcmetal108
01-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Dbrys heel run won't work because he is too over. The Yes chants and cheers for him won't stop.

John The Drummer
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
D-Bry's heel turn is like CM Punks.... they were PUSHED SOOO HARD TO BE THE BAD GUY, but the fans still loved them.

dcmetal108
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
WWE has sent out a memo stating that Chris Benoit footage will be allowed on its new Network broadcasts. There will be an advisory played before every show he appears on, F4Wonline.com reports.

WWE is expected to announce the Network in Las Vegas next week.

Read more: Link (http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-to-air-chris-benoit-footage-on-the-wwe-network-with-advisory-note#ixzz2pJafs5lo)

Kinda surprising actually.It was bad to have him 100% blacklisted and still have people like Jimmy Snuka, Scott Hall, and The Great Kahli who have all killed someone and/or been charged with murder remain public. Though in Benoits case it was extreme and it was his own family.

Great Kahli (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/4-great-khali)
Snuka (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/2-superfly-jimmy-snuka)
Hall (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/1-scott-hall)
Verne Gagne (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/6-verne-gagne)

300%_Density
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Kinda surprising actually.It was bad to have him 100% blacklisted and still have people like Jimmy Snuka, Scott Hall, and The Great Kahli who have all killed someone and/or been charged with murder remain public. Though in Benoits case it was extreme and it was his own family.

Great Kahli (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/4-great-khali)
Snuka (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/2-superfly-jimmy-snuka)
Hall (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/1-scott-hall)
Verne Gagne (http://www.examiner.com/list/7-famous-pro-wrestlers-who-committed-murder/6-verne-gagne)

Can you really compare what Benoit did to these other 4 did? One of the guys killed had previous concussion issues & continued to train and died from it. One guy had Alzheimer's when he accidentally body slammed & killed someone. Another killed someone that looked like self defense & was never charged bc of no evidence. Snuka's doesn't look good but wasn't charged.

So there was an accident, Alzheimer's & self defense. This guy killed his wife & son who was just a boy. They posed no threat, it was no accident,no Alzheimer's although his brain had deteriorated by that point. That's not even close if you compare one to the other 4 mentioned.

Sanitarium78
01-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Well, all those deaths were accidental in some way it seems. Chris Benoit's murder/suicide showed premeditation and planning, at least when it came to murdering his son and taking his own life. I believe the murder of Nancy was not planned in any way and was done in a fit of blind rage. Once Benoit realized and came to terms with what he had done, it took him some time to decide to murder his son then take his own life. The whole thing took a few days to unfold, so Benoit definitely thought about what he had done and what he felt he needed to do. It's not even in the same realm as the rest of them.

Scott Hall's case was self defense and that's why the charges were dismissed. This was also one of the main things that brought on his alcohol and drug addictions since he found it hard to live with what he did. That Snuka case has never been solved and to this day there is evidence to suggest Snuka was involved but not enough to ever convict him. The rest were just accidents though. If a guy dies in the ring, it's pretty much like somebody dying accidently on the job. Wrestlers know the risks going in and since they don't have a union to protect them from things, accidents like that have no consequences because wrestling is widely considered to just be a show and not real.

dcmetal108
01-03-2014, 07:15 AM
I just used the murder thing as a wide angle and not into details.

It's just how in WWE for their zero tolerance drug thing that when certain wrestlers just caught they are booted out for a while and other wrestlers don't have anything happen to them.

Also WWE is the only sports program that blacklists someone based on their offscreen actions. NFL has crazy shit happen to their players all the time and they go back and play eventually.

Now I am not saying what Benoit did was alright in the slightest, it was a horrible travesty and something that no one should ever think of even doing. But being blacklisted forever with all your prior accomplishes being hidden shouldn't of happened for that long.

adamclark52
01-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I made it through the first hour and a half of ECW: Unreleased Vol. 2 last night before I got tired. Two great things on that DVD:
1. I finally got to see the match where this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFqhmm9xHA) happened.
2. Tommy Dreamer joins Joey Styles for in between match banter. I always liked Tommy but I was never a huge fan of his, until now. The guy is so funny. And the banter between the two of them actually seems genuine, there's a few times where Joey can barely contain himself. Plus, he was (and as far as I know still is) banging Beulah (http://www.extremesweetheart.com/wp/).

300%_Density
01-03-2014, 08:50 PM
So I came across this (http://www.highspots.com/Best-Ofs/ecw-loves-ny.html) yesterday and I really decided I want it. 8 discs for $30. I've seen some of these matches but not many. Plus I want the complete fancam sets. I just need $830 to do so.

adamclark52
01-04-2014, 04:47 AM
So I came across this (http://www.highspots.com/Best-Ofs/ecw-loves-ny.html) yesterday and I really decided I want it. 8 discs for $30. I've seen some of these matches but not many. Plus I want the complete fancam sets. I just need $830 to do so.

For thirty bucks go for it.

Sanitarium78
01-04-2014, 06:21 AM
D-Bry's heel turn is like CM Punks.... they were PUSHED SOOO HARD TO BE THE BAD GUY, but the fans still loved them.

It may work OK for a few months but probably won't in the long run just like Punk's turn last year. He'll at least stay heel through WrestleMania since it's been reported The Undertaker has requested to work with him. Still, Bryan joining The Wyatts makes no sense. He's nothing like the rest of them and is too strong of a character to be brainwashed into their way of thinking.

adamclark52
01-04-2014, 06:43 AM
The WWE sees the huge marketability of goat masks to go along with the sheep masks. They're just that stupid.

Maideneer
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
So Raw tomorrow will have at least Flair, Piper, DDP, and DX. Personally, I won't be satisfied until Jake shows up.

dcmetal108
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
So Raw tomorrow will have at least Flair, Piper, DDP, and DX. Personally, I won't be satisfied until Jake shows up.

I hope Jake shows up high and OD's in the ring.

Maideneer
01-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I hope Jake shows up high and OD's in the ring.

:( He's the only one that might still be able to work the mic if he shows up tomorrow.

dcmetal108
01-05-2014, 05:30 PM
:( He's the only one that might still be able to work the mic if he shows up tomorrow.

Doubt it. DDP still can as can Piper.

We all know my hatred of Jake The Snake.

Maideneer
01-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Doubt it. DDP still can as can Piper.

We all know my hatred of Jake The Snake.

I love Piper as much as the next mark, but they don't let him speak freely anymore, and have turned him into Mr. nice guy...boring! We need desperately a Piper to be a goddamn vicious throat slitting heel.

Maideneer
01-06-2014, 07:15 PM
If anyone saw me at the end of Raw, you would have me committed to an asylum. I instantly turned into that 10 year old kid again. Jake looks great!!!

PVH5150
01-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Jake The Snake's first appearance on WWE programming in 9 years and the first full fledged Too Cool reunion in 13 years.

It was a nice night down Memory Lane.

dcmetal108
01-07-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm still shocked that Too Cool is so well loved and respected as Legends. What the fuck is that.

Good to see Road Dogg isn't a fat drunk anymore too.

Maideneer
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
You wouldn't know who was loved and respected by that god awful crowd in Baltimore. This PG era crap really has to stop, it's ruining and destroying the entire legacy of this company. A name drop here and there doesn't carry on any tradition of the legends, it's just gets the kiddies to tune out completely.

Stop telling us how to use the WWE app, stop the one-a-month PPV's that destroy storylines, and for god's sake, don't relegate Jerry Lawler's illness update to a news story on the app as a cheap way to get some more downloads.

John The Drummer
01-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Jake was awesome to see. he is looking GREAT, so proud of him... despite all the hate he gets.

New Age Outlaws were fun, would be nice to see them in a match though, Billy is still in great shape.

Either my volume was too low... or no one seemed to care about or know "Too Cool". They were one of my faves back in the day, so rad to see them back...if even for only one night... but... needed more Stink Face :(

300%_Density
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
That Raw was everything I figured it would be:

Loved seeing the old guys.

Crowd was really shitty IMO.

Jakes music hit and it sounded like a library

Seeing guys I've never seen before it made me think "who is this guy and why should I really care about him"? Mid carders back then seemed infinitely more interesting than main eventers now.

Not sure how Too Cool got elevated to "legends" but they are atleast fun to watch.

Outlaws were cool but it seems random and thrown in that they are aligning with Punk.

The legends were not exactly A listers but it got me to watch. It'll probably take another gimmick Raw to get me to watch again.

Maideneer
01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Not sure how Too Cool got elevated to "legends" but they are at least fun to watch.

They were willing, available and on semi-speaking terms with Vince. The end.

dcmetal108
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
They were willing, available and on semi-speaking terms with Vince. The end.

I think all those guys in Too Cool have done like 20 indy shows by me since summer.

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2014, 09:41 AM
As if the Divas division couldn't get any worse, Kaitlyn's contract is up and she is no longer with the company. I guess that explains why she was completely buried the past few months. Some suggested this is also the reason Aksana is getting pushed.

XDoomsayerX
01-08-2014, 09:46 AM
It seems almost certain now that Batista will win the Royal Rumble :(

Also Big Show vs Lesnar :barf:

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 09:48 AM
This is so ridiculous. She was the best one they had, EXTREMELY BUMMED. She's the reason why I watched.

adamclark52
01-08-2014, 09:58 AM
It'll be a sad day when Natalya Neidharts contract is up.

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Paige and Emma should be getting called up to the main roster sometime this year so at least there's that to look forward to.

dcmetal108
01-08-2014, 10:08 AM

Also Big Show vs Lesnar :barf:

You didn't know that?

It was insanely clear the moment they announced him coming back.

XDoomsayerX
01-08-2014, 10:12 AM
You didn't know that?

I guess I was being dumb but damn the amount of times they mentioned his name on Raw and promo vids pretty lame. Dude is like 44 and will def have some ring rust but then again WWE creative thought The Rock being champ was brilliant so that wont stop em from putting the strap on him.

Also why the hell is Daniel Bryan with the Wyatt Family what a lame storyline that will go nowhere. :tp:

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2014, 10:52 AM
You didn't know that?

It should have been obvious to me but I still wanted to believe that Daniel Bryan would win. It wasn't until they had Bryan join the Wyatts that I lost all hope.

As dumb as making the Rock champion was, it made sense from a business standpoint. Batista coming back and immediately being put in the main event of the 30th Wrestlemania is stupid on a whole other level. Batista has only been gone for 3 years and even at the peak of his popularity he was never anywhere near as big as the Rock.

John The Drummer
01-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Batista coming is cool and all, but I don't see it saving the company at all. Maybe for a couple weeks... but in the long run, nuh-uh.

This has been such a terrible build up to Wrestlemania. And as Blood stated above, Byran joining the Wyatts = terrible. I love D-Bry, I enjoy the Wyatts, but please keep them separate.

If I was a shitty WWE writer I'd have Shield vs Wyatts at WM, then have the nWo come out and beat all them up, blah blah blah.

Sanitarium78
01-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Not sure how Too Cool got elevated to "legends" but they are atleast fun to watch.

Outlaws were cool but it seems random and thrown in that they are aligning with Punk.

It's pretty sad that they actually introduced those two goofs as legends. Scotty and Grandmaster looked so out of place standing up there with the other guys. Everyone up there is worthy of being called a legend expect those two annoying fucks. Being a popular comedy act for three years does not equal legend. In fact, I still think the big reason they got over was because of how over Rikishi was. The Outlaws teaming with Punk does make sense. DX was anti-authority and that's always been one of Punk's main character traits.

As if the Divas division couldn't get any worse, Kaitlyn's contract is up and she is no longer with the company. I guess that explains why she was completely buried the past few months. Some suggested this is also the reason Aksana is getting pushed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I love Kaitlyn:( She had improved so much since she first debuted a couple years ago. She seemed to always be getting better at what she did. I thought there was potential for her to be bigger than what she's been so far. She's only in he mid 20s, so she can take some time off and can still come back at some point. Aksana has gotten better in the ring recently. Still, taking three years to go from "fucking horrible" to "just passable" isn't saying much. Kaitlyn has the same amount of experience and was much further along skill wise. She delivered a pretty nice looking Spear to.

It'll be a sad day when Natalya Neidharts contract is up.

She helps with training the Diva's. I think she'll always have a job with the WWE because of that. If she does go into a backstage role I will miss seeing that cute smile and smoking body though.

Paige and Emma should be getting called up to the main roster sometime this year so at least there's that to look forward to.

That all depends on if they use them right on the main roster. The booking on NXT is so much different than what's on RAW and Smackdown. NXT is easily the WWE's best booked show right now, so things could change for the worse when those two get called up. They will get the call at some point this year, I believe. But I bet they'll fuck it up like 90 percent of what the WWE does on the main shows now.

Paige needs a character before she debuts. Yeah, she can wrestle and has a unique look to her but outside of the whole "anti-diva" thing she has no character which is odd for NXT. If they decide to keep the same gimmick with Emma, the only way it will work on the main roster is if you make her a valet to another comedic wrestler like Santino Marella. I think her goofy entrance and persona will be more accepted by the WWE audience doing it that way. People will think "well, she's with Santino, it makes perfect sense that she's a goofball". If they just throw her on the main roster with her current character all by herself, I don't think it will work as well.

I'm not sure about Batista winning the Rumble. Does anyone else think a match with Lesnar at mainia is possible? The Animal vs. The Beast has some marketability to it.

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 01:31 PM

Maybe Vince will tear both his quads again to celebrate.

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 02:52 PM
9:30 tonight, WWE makes their "Huge Announcement". It'll be streaming live on wwe.com

Sanitarium78
01-08-2014, 02:58 PM
This has been such a terrible build up to Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemainia isn't until April 6th. We don't even know any of the matches yet. The Royal Rumble hasn't even happened, so the build up hasn't even begun. I like to shit on the WWE fucking things up as much as anyone but this is a bit premature.

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 04:12 PM
9:30 tonight, WWE makes their "Huge Announcement". It'll be streaming live on wwe.com

The announcement is the WWE Network. More ways to separate us from our $...HUGE I tell ya!

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Anyone watching this announcement?

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Wrestlemania included? Every single PPV ever? $9.99/month?

SOLD!

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Wrestlemania included? Every single PPV ever? $9.99/month?

SOLD!

Not to mention the backlog of Raw & Smackdown.

This is a fucking bargain and a half.

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 06:21 PM
ECW ON TNN EPISODES AND EVERY HOME VIDEO RELEASE???????

FUCK!!!

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 06:25 PM
They are basically including anything and everything past, present & future for 10 bucks a month. Literally EVERYTHING.

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 06:28 PM
They are basically including anything and everything past, present & future for 10 bucks a month. Literally EVERYTHING.

My dream of watching "Kurt Angle: It's True, It's True" in HD can now be a reality.

February 24th, 1105PM EST. WWE Network launches.

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
And I can't wait for Legends House! (http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-network-to-launch-feb-24-26174061)

John The Drummer
01-08-2014, 06:39 PM
WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as classic matches uncut and uncensored

We'll see about that.... (Armageddon 1999)

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Will they finally show Macho Man getting bit by Damien?
Will they finally show Rick Rude getting his tights pulled off?

I can't wait for some dork somewhere to make a directory of all the nip slips ever shown.

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 06:59 PM
We'll see about that.... (Armageddon 1999)

It'll be a blessing if they censor what happened at Royal Rumble 2000.

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
It'll be a blessing if they censor what happened at Royal Rumble 2000.

Luna Vachon always reminded me of...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/v7S7YQpnklU/mqdefault.jpg

PVH5150
01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Luna Vachon always reminded me of...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/v7S7YQpnklU/mqdefault.jpg

And Mae Young reminds me that gravity is a bitch.

adamclark52
01-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Ok, refresh my memory. What happened at Armageddon 1999 and the Royal Rumble 2000?

dcmetal108
01-08-2014, 07:44 PM
I can't wait for this!

(Even if I do own 90% of the WWE Boxsets put out in the last few years)

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Ok, refresh my memory. What happened at Armageddon 1999 and the Royal Rumble 2000?

Miss Kitty's Puppies
Mae Young's erm...Old Yellers

Maideneer
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I can't wait for this!

(Even if I do own 90% of the WWE Boxsets put out in the last few years)

eBay

adamclark52
01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Miss Kitty's Puppies
Mae Young's erm...Old Yellers

Oh yeah...Mae Young...you can unfresh my memory now.

300%_Density
01-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Only $10 a month, wow. I'm more blown away that even the mighty Wrestlemania will even be included in this. I'll give it a few months to see if there's any bugs to be worked out and see how it goes. If anybody on here is getting this I'd like to know what you think of it.

Edit:

Apparently there will be a free preview for a week when it launches!!!

dcmetal108
01-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Just read Mae Young has been taken off life support and is in the final hours of her life.

Thank you Mae and Mae Young are trending on twitter.

RIP to one of the biggest female wrestlers of all time.

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
I lost it when they revealed Legends House. That's like some shit wrestling fans on the internet would come up with to make fun of the idea of WWE having reality shows. I would only watch that show if it had a completely uncensored Iron Shiek on it.

Also R.I.P. Mae Young

300%_Density
01-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I lost it when they revealed Legends House. That's like some shit wrestling fans on the internet would come up with to make fun of the idea of WWE having reality shows. I would only watch that show if it had a completely uncensored Iron Shiek on it.

Also R.I.P. Mae Young

Iron Shiek uncensored would be it's own show. It would not need anything else and that would be the best show ever.

rjturtle9
01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Iron Shiek uncensored would be it's own show. It would not need anything else and that would be the best show ever.

Truth.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Wow, 10 bucks a month and the fans get everything they could ever want? I think they've struck gold here. It may make more money in the long run than anything they've ever done. Even the dirt poor rednecks who think wrestling is real can afford this. Honestly, I don't see how this can fail, it's just too good of a deal. If they can get around a million people to sign up for this to start, they're making huge money right out of the gate.

I don't do much live streaming on my laptop or PS3. I still have to find out how strong my internet is when it comes to that. But I'm certainly getting the network. I've been a fan for 28 years and it's just insane if I pass this up.

Maideneer
01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
It's fun and easy to make fun of and criticize current content as silly and disrespectful of fans.

But I honestly have to say that this is like a gift from WWE, so thank you and way to go! It's a 6-month minimum commitment, which means it leaves it open for price increases which you know will happen. $10/month is just the test run to see how many people sign up initially.

My fear is that if the executive folks are any way like the creative live team, they're gonna screw this up royally at some point turning this entire channel heel leaving us scratching our heads saying...WHY?!

But for now, this is awesome (piss off Miz).

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 06:03 AM
If there is a price increase down the line, I don't think it would be more than an extra dollar or two. Even with that this is still a deal. I recently got rid of Showtime and that was only like 12 or 13 a month. I doubt the WWE will ever charge more a month than a major channel like that. At least not any time soon they won't.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
The other awesome thing I read is that Chris Benoit will be allowed to be shown on the network. There will be some kind of disclaimer shown before anything with him in it though. I guess the WWE wants to let the kids know that murdering your wife, kid and then taking your own life is a big "no,no".

Maideneer
01-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, can I have some decorum PLEASE!

What an amazing announcement we've just received from our esteemed CEO and executive staff. This truly is the beginning of a new era in sports entertainment.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

No doubt the lot of you legends and flea market age decrepit old men will be left out in the cold seeing as you don't even know what the internet is, much less the concepts of wi-fi, streaming, smartphones, or a Chromecast. For all of you hoping to rekindle your glory days by watching yourselves in your prime are in for a rude awakening. Your attempts to navigate through a deep menu of choices will be akin to watching you all program your VCR's. All my best to you!

Thank you very much.

http://cache.wwe.sevenload.com/photo/image/2014/01/660xNxRAW_1076_Photo_249.jpg.pagespeed.ic.eAw9V373 L6.jpg

300%_Density
01-09-2014, 06:54 AM
I got high hopes for this when I read that they partnered with the same people that do the same stuff for MLB. MLB is years behind a lot of stuff with the other major sports but if you have old games/highlights you want to see, the MLB site blows the other major sports out of the water and it's not even close. Assuming no technical problems I have a hard time believing this won't succeed.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, can I have some decorum PLEASE!

What an amazing announcement we've just received from our esteemed CEO and executive staff. This truly is the beginning of a new era in sports entertainment.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

No doubt the lot of you legends and flea market age decrepit old men will be left out in the cold seeing as you don't even know what the internet is, much less the concepts of wi-fi, streaming, smarthphones, or a Chromecast. For all of you hoping to rekindle your glory days by watching yourselves in your prime are in for a rude awakening. Your attempts to navigate through a deep menu of choices will be akin to watching you all program your VCR's. All my best to you!

Thank you very much.

http://cache.wwe.sevenload.com/photo/image/2014/01/660xNxRAW_1076_Photo_249.jpg.pagespeed.ic.eAw9V373 L6.jpg

It would've have been awesome if Barrett showed up at the network launch conference and said this.

Maideneer
01-09-2014, 07:14 AM
I know a lot of people hate this skit, but truthfully it's one of the few bright spots they have right now. If they would now dare cut in on a Cena/Orton skit with this, it would elevate this kayfabe sucker to the max, then combine it with Barrett actually wrestling again to give it some depth.

Tell me Barrett vs. Cesaro wouldn't make for a downright awesome feud, PPV worthy even. Throw a little BNB vs Colter on the mic, and you've got yourself some stand-out primo good-to-go, jet flyin' kiss stealin' potential.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2014, 07:36 AM
I know a lot of people hate this skit, but truthfully it's one of the few bright spots they have right now. If they would now dare cut in on a Cena/Orton skit with this, it would elevate this kayfabe sucker to the max, then combine it with Barrett actually wrestling again to give it some depth.

Tell me Barrett vs. Cesaro wouldn't make for a downright awesome feud, PPV worthy even. Throw a little BNB vs Colter on the mic, and you've got yourself some stand-out primo good-to-go, jet flyin' kiss stealin' potential.

I think putting Barrett's podium on a scissors lift so he towers above the crowd during his promos was a really nice touch. But instead of just shitting on the audience like he does he needs to do more promos like he did this week with the legends. Once he starts picking on individual people with his bad news, feuds will get going and we can see if this new persona of his has any legs to it. So far, I'm liking it but they've screwed up Barrett so many times over the last few years I don't exactly have faith that WWE creative can pull this off.

Barrett should've been a world champ by now. He's kind of becoming the new version of Kane because no matter what they stick him with, good or bad, he always does his best to make it work.

adamclark52
01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
If they haven't jacked the price for the network to much once it gets launched in Canada I'm in. I think the PPV's alone will warrent me paying.

Maideneer
01-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Another question I have is will we be able to see the entire XFL season?

PVH5150
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Another question I have is will we be able to see the entire XFL season?

or December to Dismember.
or Triple H fucking the corpse of Katie Vick while wearing a Kane mask.

John The Drummer
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
WWE Network - Sounds pretty awesome, especially for the price.

Mae Young - Poor Mae :(. She was definitely up there in age. Hope it wasn't too painful for her. She still holds the trophy for having one of the most facepalm worthy moments in the history of the WWF/E (giving birth to the hand) :lol:

At least she left us with some great (and ... yeah :eyes:) memories! :D :D :D
RIP Mae!

dcmetal108
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I want the WWE/ECW One Night Stand that has Cena Vs Sabu in a hardcore match where Cena ends up soaked in blood.

I've never seen the match and never saw the dvd in stores.

John The Drummer
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I want the WWE/ECW One Night Stand that has Cena Vs Sabu in a hardcore match where Cena ends up soaked in blood.

REALLY!? I don't remember that match at all, only the Cena vs RVD match :eyes:

adamclark52
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM

I don't think that match exists. In fact I'm almost certain it doesn't exist.

adamclark52
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't think that match exists. In fact I'm almost certain it doesn't exist.

Further investigation shows the only time Cena ever faced Sabu was at Vengeance 2006 (a few weeks after One Night Stand) in an "Extreme Lumberjack match". Cena didn't bleed a drop and gave Sabu a nasty F-U thru a table. And he won, of course. DA CHAMP IZ HERE, E-C-W, E-C-W.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x10x99j_wwe-vengeance-2006-john-cena-vs-sabu-extreme-lumberjack-match_sport

dcmetal108
01-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Maybe RVD vs Cena is the match I'm thinking of?

Who the fuck knows lol

adamclark52
01-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Maybe RVD vs Cena is the match I'm thinking of?

Who the fuck knows lol

That was epic, and the birrth of "IF CENA WINS WE RIOT"

adamclark52
01-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Time to vote for the 2013 Gooker Award! (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/gooker-2013-time-to-vote-for-the-worst-of-the-worst/)

Tough choice this year:
1. All Things Miz - I hate the guy but not enough to make him a Gooker winner
2. Dixie Carter: Heel - this was my runner up choice. I don't watch TNA, I've never even heard Dixie speak a word but I hate her.
3. Total Divas - this got my vote. I've been in agreement with RD Rynolds for years that the WWE is the only company who've been able to get me to dislike having hot women on my TV.
4. Yodeling Antonio - stupid, but it didn't stick around long enough to bee a Gooker winner. A definite induction someday though
5. Cobra Charming - I never even heard of this until the list was posted.
6. Punks Steals Paul Bearer's Ashes - not Gooker material, just a dumb angle.
7. Brooke Hogan - again, I don't watch TNA. I know she was probably terrible but at least they could get rid of her.

BloodoftheKings
01-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I voted for The Miz.

Maideneer
01-11-2014, 05:41 AM
Miz is a close second. The snake charmer garbage got my vote.

Sanitarium78
01-11-2014, 06:14 AM
How is Curtis Axel's disastrous push and failed IC title run not up for the Gooker award this year. Not many things were as bad as that.

I guess I'm the only one who found the snake charmer thing funny. The match involved Khali/Santino and 3MB, it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I actually thought it was one of the funnier things the WWE did this year.

adamclark52
01-11-2014, 08:51 AM
How is Curtis Axel's disastrous push and failed IC title run not up for the Gooker award this year. Not many things were as bad as that.

I guess I'm the only one who found the snake charmer thing funny. The match involved Khali/Santino and 3MB, it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I actually thought it was one of the funnier things the WWE did this year.

Yeah, or the whole Ryback thing?

John The Drummer
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Apparently Ryback got released... or is quitting, or something....

He was tweeting out some stuff about "Last match" "thanks for the support" .... all his tweets have been deleted tho.... maybe he got hacked...

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Apparently Ryback got released... or is quitting, or something....

He was tweeting out some stuff about "Last match" "thanks for the support" .... all his tweets have been deleted tho.... maybe he got hacked...

His twitter got hacked, apparently. But would you be surprised if the WWE axed him?

dcmetal108
01-12-2014, 07:20 PM
His twitter got hacked, apparently. But would you be surprised if the WWE axed him?

Nope, the fans stopped caring and WWE saw he has little talent.

I mean he isn't even like Ziggler where no matter where they place him the crowd still goes nuts.

Sanitarium78
01-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Nope, the fans stopped caring and WWE saw he has little talent.

I mean he isn't even like Ziggler where no matter where they place him the crowd still goes nuts.

Don't tell me you're on of those delusional Ziggler fans who thinks the guy is in a better spot and more over than he really is. The crowd went nuts for him once, that's when he cashed in his MITB the night after Mania. He will never get a pop like that again. I've tried to like the guy, but all I've found is that his bumping ability is all there is to him and even that has been comedic at times. He has some charisma but is shit on the mic and his moveset is extremely week. The zig zag is one of the worst and least believable finishers I've ever seen. At least with one world title now, he won't be anywhere near that again. He'll hoover around the IC title level and make a good solid mid card worker which there's nothing wrong with. Every wrestling organization needs guys like that.

Maideneer
01-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Ziggler's problem is the "sexiest man alive" gimmick has been done over and over, and way better. The character brings nothing to the field sadly. There's nothing "show off" about him either, it's not like he pulls off a Shane-O-Mac coast to coast every Monday night which would be his version of the Cesaro Swing.

I like Ziggler, he looks like a cool guy personally, but there's something really missing with his gimmick connecting to actual performance.

adamclark52
01-13-2014, 07:59 AM
He needs to get rid of that godawful hair. I know they tried once but I think it's time to try again.

dcmetal108
01-13-2014, 05:36 PM
See everytime i see WWE live Ziggler gets a huge pop, the guys great at pulling off moves in ring.

Sure he is shit on the mic but 90% of the roster is.

PVH5150
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
The Ultimate Warrior. First inductee into the WWEHOF '14.

AAAAAAUUUGUGHHAHGAGHHHAHHHHHUGUHUHGUGHHUGHHHUGH *SHAKES ROPES* *GIVES INCOHERENT INTERVIEW* *SO MANY CLOTHESLINES* *CANNOT WRESTLE FOR SHIT*

dcmetal108
01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Also I heard Paul Bearer will be inducted with either Taker and/or Kane doing the induction.

adamclark52
01-13-2014, 07:04 PM
They both belong in.

I'd save Jake and Macho Man for another year now. No one will be able to compete with the Warriors speech.

Maideneer
01-13-2014, 07:07 PM
At least this stupid heel turn is over.

adamclark52
01-13-2014, 07:09 PM
At least this stupid heel turn is over.

Huh? I'm not watching.

Maideneer
01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Huh? I'm not watching.

There's really only one person worth mentioning at this point that would break out of a heel turn. DB.

dcmetal108
01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
They both belong in.

I'd save Jake and Macho Man for another year now. No one will be able to compete with the Warriors speech.

Jake is also rumored.

Macho Mans family I think has problems with him being in there if they won't induct Miss Elizabeth at the same time, thats why he isn't already in it.

adamclark52
01-13-2014, 11:50 PM
There's really only one person worth mentioning at this point that would break out of a heel turn. DB.

Yeah, I figured. But the point to the whole thing is...?

Maideneer
01-14-2014, 04:34 AM
That he's back to being DB and out of the Wyatt family. Just in time for the Royal Rumble too, what a miracle!

Maideneer
01-14-2014, 04:54 AM
TIME TO GIVE THE GODS A CALL. EXIT STAGE LEFT, EXIT STAGE RIGHT, THOSE WHO DARE TO OBSTRUCT MY PATH WILL FIND THEMSELVES LOST IN THE ENDLESS SPACE TIME CONTINUUM OF THE AGELESS UNIVERSE.

LET ME BE THE ONE TO TRY I ASK. LET ME BE THE ONE TO SHAKE THE FOUNDATIONS!

LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL! IN MY FINAL MEETING WITH THE GODS...THEY INJECTED ME WITH THE POWER OF THE WARRIOR, AAAAAHHHHH.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2013/07/11_aWARRIOR_05111988_0008.jpg

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Everyone online is freaking out about how insane Warriors speech will be, but they forget that Vince and HHH will have control over that lol

Sanitarium78
01-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Everyone online is freaking out about how insane Warriors speech will be, but they forget that Vince and HHH will have control over that lol

Wrong.

The only way to control what the Warrior says is to make it a taped speech so they can edit it. You cannot control what he says if there's a live mic in front of him.

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Wrong.

The only way to control what the Warrior says is to make it a taped speech so they can edit it. You cannot control what he says if there's a live mic in front of him.

This. The guy is legit nuts.

I personally would love a classic nonsensical Warrior speech but he's not PG era WWE material. And the show's only two hours (see his return at WCW Nitro in late 1998).

John The Drummer
01-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Amazon has a lot of really cheap wrestling DVD's. I'm trying to get my library up, mainly with documentaries...

I put Jake The Snake's "Pick Your Poison" in my cart, and biddig on "The Rise and Fall of WCW" on Ebay (cheaper by a few bucks there, but if I lose I'll snag it off Amazon). Any others I should get? The Hardy Boyz, Mr. Perfect, or any others worth it? Maybe any good PPV DVD's (those are fairly cheap as well, depending on the year)?

I think I only own Rise and Fall of ECW, first 2 ECW One Night Stands, Hardcore Homecoming, TNA: The First Year (or something), and the CM Punk documentary.

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Wal-Mart used to always have cheap WWE DVD sales ($5 or $6 when they were clearing out overstock) and I'd just buy everything. Son I still haven't watched.

Recommendations? Survivor Series 2002 and 2003, Backlash 2004, christ there's so many. The Mick Foley She's are really good.

Sanitarium78
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Amazon has a lot of really cheap wrestling DVD's. I'm trying to get my library up, mainly with documentaries...

I put Jake The Snake's "Pick Your Poison" in my cart, and biddig on "The Rise and Fall of WCW" on Ebay (cheaper by a few bucks there, but if I lose I'll snag it off Amazon). Any others I should get? The Hardy Boyz, Mr. Perfect, or any others worth it? Maybe any good PPV DVD's (those are fairly cheap as well, depending on the year)?

Get the Mr. Perfect DVD. Especially if you don't know that much about him. When it comes to being the complete package in wrestling, no one can touch Curt Hennig. He had it all, the look, in ring ability, charisma and mic skills. Everything he did was damn near flawless. Too bad he got that back injury that sidelined him for a while. He would've had one of the greatest runs ever as WWF champ in the early 90s if that didn't happen.

The Jake The Snake DVD is pretty cool to. The guy had a messed up childhood though which helps to explain his addictions and why his character was so dark. One of the greatest promo men of all time. No one on the current roster can even come close to what Jake could do on the mic.

300%_Density
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
I think I saw the Mr. Perfect doc on WWE 24/7 & it's fantastic. It was like he could do no wrong in anything he did.

I got the WWE Stars of the 90s at Walmart for $5.

Don't remember where but I bought "The Legends Collection" that came in a Tin box and it had the Pillman, Jake The Snake & Bret Hart documentaries and I know I didn't pay more than $10 for it. That was my best find ever. I'd look for that if you get a decent price.

Edit:
Link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00248GVKE)
Here it is. New $9.99 + S&H - Used $6.44

Edit of Edit:
This might be worth checking out as well. Link (http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-fye-exclusive-dvd-tin-case-boxsets/3090/)

John The Drummer
01-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Killer! Thanks for all the ideas guys! I am huge documentary nerd (Metal DVDs, Wrestling, Video Games...etc) haha.

Anyone watch the Eddie Gurrero (sorry, always misspell his name) doc? It's only around $5 as well :rocker:

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Killer! Thanks for all the ideas guys! I am huge documentary nerd (Metal DVDs, Wrestling, Video Games...etc) haha.

Anyone watch the Eddie Gurrero (sorry, always misspell his name) doc? It's only around $5 as well :rocker:

Make sure the Eddie Guerrero one has his match in AAA where he tagged with Art Barr against two guys I can't remember, in a hair verses mask match (i think). from around 1994. One of the best matches I've ever seen.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Looks like they are going to combine the IC title and US title.

rjturtle9
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I've seen the Edge, Rock, Austin, HHH, and Jericho documentaries and they are all great. Jericho's has to be my favorite with Punk's a close second.

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 08:36 PM

There are so many good ones. I recommend the best of Raw Seasons 1 and 2.

I have about 30 WWE boxsets still in the wrappers lol.

And its official now off WWE.com but Mae Young has passed. RIP.

XDoomsayerX
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
RIP Mae Young.

Also dat pop D-bry got last night was insane! Too bad he suffered a concussion hopefully he can recover soon and well and compete in the Rumble.

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Looks like they are going to combine the IC title and US title.

I have no problem with that.

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
So from watching all these WWE top 10 videos I've come to this conclusion about the divas division :

keep a handful of girls that can wrestle (maybe a few tag teams as well) BUT BRING BACK THE SLUTS!

Divas in the 90's and early-mid 2000's were so much better. They had the ones that could outwrestle the main guys but they had the sluts! huge tits, fat asses, little clothes, girl on girl skits and the crowd loved it. We need that.

WWE Top 10 : Catastrophic catfights
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsE16YoIYcU)

Take #2 for example, a backstage brawl between Lita and Trish, now both are still this day quite possibly the best females wrestlers (and 2 of the hottest) but they fought. They were really slapping, throwing, and genuinely beating the shit out of each other to show that woman wrestlers weren't just the slut division. Now where in modern WWE is that? Hell most of the normal roster won't even fight that real.

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 11:22 PM
So from watching all these WWE top 10 videos I've come to this conclusion about the divas division :

keep a handful of girls that can wrestle (maybe a few tag teams as well) BUT BRING BACK THE SLUTS!

Divas in the 90's and early-mid 2000's were so much better. They had the ones that could outwrestle the main guys but they had the sluts! huge tits, fat asses, little clothes, girl on girl skits and the crowd loved it. We need that.

Take #2 for example, a backstage brawl between Lita and Trish, now both are still this day quite possibly the best females wrestlers (and 2 of the hottest) but they fought. They were really slapping, throwing, and genuinely beating the shit out of each other to show that woman wrestlers weren't just the slut division. Now where in modern WWE is that? Hell most of the normal roster won't even fight that real.

"Bring back the sluts". Next time I'm in Illinois we're getting together for a drink.

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 11:39 PM

And yes, I agree; women's wrestling peaked between 2002 and 2006.

Maideneer
01-15-2014, 05:06 AM
Who the hell is in the casket at #1? Steve Martin?

dcmetal108
01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
"Bring back the sluts". Next time I'm in Illinois we're getting together for a drink.

Done. I turn 21 in Aug.

adamclark52
01-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Who the hell is in the casket at #1? Steve Martin?

Al Wilson. Torrie's dad. If you missed that angle be thankful.

And given the oppertunity I'd do exactly the same thing Beth Phoenix did to Melina in number seven.

adamclark52
01-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I've been hearing a lot of discussion that the Ultimate Warrior doesn't have a place in the WWE Hall of Fame. Was he a good wrestler? Nog really. Were his promos nonsense? Yeah, pretty much. Did attendance take a dive when he was champ? Apparently. Is he an all around douche the way he fucked the WWE around? Yeah, maybe. But I think he has a place in the Hall of Fame. If Koko B. Ware is in there I think he should be too.

Opinions?

Sanitarium78
01-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Anyone who thinks The Ultimate Warrior doesn't belong in the WWE hall of fame is either too young to remember his first run with the WWF or just a complete moron.

From '88-'92 the guy was insanely over as a face, sold tons of merch and had good runs as both IC and WWF champ. In fact, in the whole history of the IC title, it never meant more than when Warrior had it and went in to the Wrestlemania 6 main event against Hogan in a title for title match. Think about that for a minute, the IC champ was challenging the world champ in the main event of wrestlemania. That will never happen again and is a true testament to how popular the Warrior was and how he was able to make his character work so well.

The crowd always went nuts for him back then. The top faces in the WWE today wish they could get half the pop Warrior did during his entrance. Daniel Bryan has come pretty close though. Yeah, he couldn't wrestle for shit but having charisma and a larger than life character has always been the most important thing in pro wrestling. Sure, it's awesome if you know every hold there is and can pull them off flawlessly but it means nothing in the end without charisma and personality which the Warrior was overflowing with. His promos never made any sense but they fit the character perfectly. He was so over that no matter how out there whatever he said was, the fans didn't care and still loved him.

One of the most unique characters and person for that matter, to ever perform in the WWF. He deserves to be in the hall of fame as much as anybody.

dcmetal108
01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Is Warrior a nutcase, yes.

Does he deserve to be in HOF, yes.

Should we give him the mic to talk, no.

Sanitarium78
01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
I think Vince and Trips know what they're in for by giving the Warrior a live mic at the induction. If they weren't cool with it then they wouldn't have bothered putting him in. They know the fans will want to hear some insane speech and will feel ripped off if they don't get one from him. I'm not sure about Vince but I think Trips is cool enough and a big enough wrestling fan that he will probably be laughing if Warrior's speech gets too crazy.

Don't forget, Warrior is from "parts unknown" maybe that's how they all talk there.

dcmetal108
01-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah but remember the last time a speech got out of control, JR lost his job.

adamclark52
01-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Here's the next question: Jake "the Snake" Roberts is rumored to go in this year too. The same detractors are saying that Jake should go in over (essentially "main event") the Warrior. How do you feel about that?

I think both are main event quality inductees. I would put them in different years. But if it has to be the same year...I really don't know. I'm leaning towards Jake.

adamclark52
01-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah but remember the last time a speech got out of control, JR lost his job.

When he does his speech Vince will be hanging over the guy operating the sound board.

"TURN IT OFF, TURN IT OFF, TURN THAT SON OF A BITCH OFF AND DELETE HIM FROM THE DVD"

"AND FIRE JIM ROSS, THIS WAS THAT SON OF A BITCHES IDEA".

John The Drummer
01-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Other than Jake and Warrior, I can't think of anymore to induct this year. Probably no one *too* important since they already have two huge stars.

Maideneer
01-16-2014, 01:03 PM
If they do both Jake and Warrior, they need to include the vignettes of Jake "training" warrior for the dark side and Warrior vomiting all over the place. Oh man, I miss my childhood.

HE'S GONNA...HE'S GONNA...HE'S GONNA PUKE! HE'S GONNA PUKE!

adamclark52
01-16-2014, 01:06 PM
They're starting to run out of BIG names. I've heard they're thinking of indicting the main event from Wrestlemania I. I won't go as far as call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" but they're getting there.

PVH5150
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Other than Jake and Warrior, I can't think of anymore to induct this year. Probably no one *too* important since they already have two huge stars.

Paul Bearer & Mae Young probably.

John The Drummer
01-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Paul Bearer & Mae Young probably.

Is Mae not already in the HoF? I thought she was. She definitely deserves a slot in there with Fabulous Mullah (unless shes already in it...)

dcmetal108
01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
They're starting to run out of BIG names. I've heard they're thinking of indicting the main event from Wrestlemania I. I won't go as far as call that "scraping the bottom of the barrel" but they're getting there.

Yeah this is true. They will induct all members of whatever match so some people will be in the HOF twice.

dcmetal108
01-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Does anyone else listen to Talk Is Jericho?

Sanitarium78
01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Does anyone else listen to Talk Is Jericho?

Yeah, it's great. Here's the link for people who haven't heard it yet:

http://www.podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

I know podcasts have become big but this is the first one I've ever followed.

adamclark52
01-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Congratulations to TNA Impact on winning the 2013 Gooker Award! (http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/gooker-2013-time-to-vote-for-the-worst-of-the-worst/)

At least you're good at one thing. Unfortunately that one thing is sucking.

Sanitarium78
01-19-2014, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't just give it to Dixie, I would give the gooker to the entire TNA organization for 2013. 2012 was quite possibly the best year the company ever had. The characters, storyline's and in ring product were all top quality. Bobby Roode, James Storm, Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Angle, Daniels, Kazarian and Bully Ray were the featured guys every week and it made for great TV.

They lost their focus in 2013 and all of a sudden all these guys took a backseat to a bunch of nobodies. Bully and Styles were still pushed strong but the other top guys were forgotten about in favor of what turned out to be a terrible angle with Aces & Eights and over the last few months, the whole heel Dixie thing. Hopefully, putting the belt on Magnus will steer them in the right direction and the guys who were the main focus in 2012 can be that again this year.

I can't believe how bad they got in the span of a year. It really looked like they were heading somewhere 2 years ago but in usual TNA fashion, the powers that be fucked up and didn't seem to know what to do to right the ship. If this keeps up, next years gooker award may go to the death of TNA.

dcmetal108
01-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Wrestling news :

I guess TNAs last TV Taping drew only a couple hundred.
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/71460_612580518814710_665757780_n.jpg

Also :

TNA taped the 1/23 iMPACT! Wrestling Thursday night (1/16) in Huntsville, Alabama where Magnus defeated Sting in a Title vs. Career Match to retain the TNA World Title. Afterwards, Magnus stood over Sting and ripped up his TNA contract. This appeared to be a way to write Sting off TNA TV based off our earlier report that Sting has not renewed his deal with TNA. As noted, Sting and WWE are currently in negotiations.

Can't blame Sting for leaving.

We can now confirm that Paul Bearer will be inducted into this year’s WWE Hall of Fame.

Hopefully Taker and Kane induct him.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to several sources, WWE had two plans in place for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 30 when he first joined The Wyatt Family two weeks ago on RAW. The first idea had him going into WrestleMania still being a member of The Wyatt Family while the second had him going back to being a full-fledged babyface before the big pay-per-view event. As far as the babyface option was concerned, there was no solid plan in place on how it would be done but it was definitely not planned to take place just two weeks after he joined The Wyatt Family,

As far as the babyface idea was concerned, a Daniel Bryan face turn at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view would have set up a D-Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt match at WrestleMania 30. The other plan was that he would go into WtestleMania as part of The Wyatt Family and then turn on Bray during a tag-team match featuring Bray and Daniel. This would have obviously guaranteed Bryan a huge babyface reaction at the pay-per-view. Obviously, this didn’t happen as they rushed things and turned Daniel Bryan back to being a babyface on RAW this past Monday.

According to several WWE sources, the company was “100% fully embarrassed” by the footage that came out featuring the Michigan State crowd all chanting “YES!” during a recent game. The footage aired all over ESPN and other sports outlets just days after WWE had turned him heel. WWE wanted to run with the angle they had originally planned but “when you have a whole college arena doing “YES!” chants and most likely others will, plus NFL stars in the post-season doing it,” the company felt that they needed to turn him back to being a babyface ASAP. This shows you how seriously WWE takes getting the national media and press talking about them and their storylines.

Byrant was too over to stay a heel any longer.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/tna/tna-news/spoiler-update-on-stings-tna-status-impact/
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/wwe-hall-of-fame-spoiler-a-new-name/

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/media/photos/photo-near-empty-arena-for-tna-on-friday/

dcmetal108
01-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Tommy Dreamer was backstage at the TNA iMPACT! TV tapings on Thursday. He was welcomed back to the company during the talent meeting and worked as an agent for several matches.

It’s unknown at this time if it was a one time event or if it will lead to a larger role for Dreamer in the company. John Gaburick has been building a new office staff in recent weeks.

Captain of a sinking ship.

adamclark52
01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
I will believe Sting in the WWE when I see it. Wasn't he "a lock" for the Wrestlemania from the Georgiadome a few years ago?

dcmetal108
01-19-2014, 07:39 PM
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wp-content/gallery/tna-high-school-gym/tna-gym.jpg

TNA house show was earlier this month.

adamclark52
01-19-2014, 09:18 PM
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wp-content/gallery/tna-high-school-gym/tna-gym.jpg

TNA house show was earlier this month.

Yeah, stick a fork in them; they're done.

dcmetal108
01-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Yeah, stick a fork in them; they're done.

This was the house show that occurred the day after that first pic I posted which was a Live TV Taping.

Sanitarium78
01-20-2014, 07:15 AM
This was the house show that occurred the day after that first pic I posted which was a Live TV Taping.

That first pic wasn't from a live taping. It was from a house show last weekend in Mobile, Alabama. You can tell it's not a TV taping because there is no big video screen at the entrance, not to mention they don't have their usual entrance stage/ramp to the ring set up. Yeah, the company is in bad shape, but their TV taping's usually draw OK. It's their house shows that always have crap attendance.

As for Sting possibly coming to the WWE, it's more than a decade too late as far as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, in March it will be 13 years since WCW went under and Vince bought it:eek: If they could've gotten Sting right away or even a year or two latter like they did with Nash, Scott Steiner and Goldberg that would've been great. But now, Sting will be 55 years old, far past his prime and couldn't offer much of anything to the WWE product currently. Plus, how would you bring him in? He's not gonna get a good pop unless they build him up right before he debuts or he makes his first appearance in a wrestling smart city like NYC, Toronto or Chicago.

The reality is, Sting has been gone from mainstream wresting for far too long. A lot of people have forgotten about him and have stopped caring. Most fans think he retired when WCW closed. Plus, now you've got a whole new generation of kids who've gotten into the WWE in the last few years who have no clue who Sting is. If he comes to the WWE, they have to be real careful how they handle his debut with the company. They can't just trot him out there on some random RAW in some random city, unless they want him to come out to crickets which would be embarrassing for him. Although I'm not sure it's more embarrassing than performing at a TNA house show taking place in a high school gym to end his career.

It would be cool to see him have a match at mania, get in the hall of fame and have a DVD about his career released. But that's pretty much all they can do with him now. He's not gonna be out there winning titles and making a serious impact like he would have a decade ago.

adamclark52
01-20-2014, 07:22 AM
That first pic wasn't from a live taping. It was from a house show last weekend in Mobile, Alabama. You can tell it's not a TV taping because there is no big video screen at the entrance, not to mention they don't have their usual entrance stage/ramp to the ring set up. Yeah, the company is in bad shape, but their TV taping's usually draw OK. It's their house shows that always have crap attendance.

As for Sting possibly coming to the WWE, it's more than a decade too late as far as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, in March it will be 13 years since WCW went under and Vince bought it:eek: If they could've gotten Sting right away or even a year or two latter like they did with Nash, Scott Steiner and Goldberg that would've been great. But now, Sting will be 55 years old, far past his prime and couldn't offer much of anything to the WWE product currently. Plus, how would you bring him in? He's not gonna get a good pop unless they build him up right before he debuts or he makes his first appearance in a wrestling smart city like NYC, Toronto or Chicago.

The reality is, Sting has been gone from mainstream wresting for far too long. A lot of people have forgotten about him and have stopped caring. Most fans think he retired when WCW closed. Plus, now you've got a whole new generation of kids who've gotten into the WWE in the last few years who have no clue who Sting is. If he comes to the WWE, they have to be real careful how they handle his debut with the company. They can't just trot him out there on some random RAW in some random city, unless they want him to come out to crickets which would be embarrassing for him. Although I'm not sure it's more embarrassing than performing at a TNA house show taking place in a high school gym to end his career.

It would be cool to see him have a match at mania, get in the hall of fame and have a DVD about his career released. But that's pretty much all they can do with him now. He's not gonna be out there winning titles and making a serious impact like he would have a decade ago.

Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent on everything you say about Sting.

dcmetal108
01-20-2014, 09:06 AM

This I mean IF they did bring him to WWE he'd have a role like Lesner or Taker where he'd only do a few things.

adamclark52
01-20-2014, 09:29 AM
I think Sting himself was the reason he never went to the WWE. He never agreed with a lot of their "harsher" angles over the years.

Sanitarium78
01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
I think Sting himself was the reason he never went to the WWE. He never agreed with a lot of their "harsher" angles over the years.

He explains in this video why he didn't go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

I understand where he's coming from but I don't think Vince would've misused Sting that badly. Sting in the WWE had money written all over it at the time Vince bought WCW. Vince wasn't completely out of touch with the fan base back then either, so he knew bringing in Sting would've been huge and would make money. Vince would've have never let that opportunity slip away. I think Sting would've gotten at least one run as world champ and probably a couple good reigns as IC/US champ or with the tag titles if he wrestled for them some time between 2002 and 2006.

Unfortunately, it seems that Sting is his own worst enemy when it came to going to the WWE. Vince would no doubt welcome him with open arms if Sting ever decides to make a deal.

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 12:34 AM
He explains in this video why he didn't go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

I understand where he's coming from but I don't think Vince would've misused Sting that badly. Sting in the WWE had money written all over it at the time Vince bought WCW. Vince wasn't completely out of touch with the fan base back then either, so he knew bringing in Sting would've been huge and would make money. Vince would've have never let that opportunity slip away. I think Sting would've gotten at least one run as world champ and probably a couple good reigns as IC/US champ or with the tag titles if he wrestled for them some time between 2002 and 2006.

Unfortunately, it seems that Sting is his own worst enemy when it came to going to the WWE. Vince would no doubt welcome him with open arms if Sting ever decides to make a deal.

I don't know. Sting will always be a WCW guy and Vince will always have that grudge against WCW. Even though he clearly won well over a decade ago I think he still wants to take every oppertunity he can to make himself superior over them. Even though no one really cares. I still think if Sting was to come to the WWE Vince would have him lose to whoever just so he can call Ted Turner on the phone and yell at him, "Ted, Ted my guy won Ted, my guy won Ted".

All the while Ted (who is probably senile at this point and doesn't even remember owning WCW) says into the earpiece of the phone, "Marybelle...Marybelle...is that you...I can't find the radishes...".

XDoomsayerX
01-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Batista is back and no one cares. Def should win the Rumble.

RR predictions:
Cody Rhodes and Goldust (c) vs. The New Age Outlaws
2014 Royal Rumble Match: D-Bry
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena
Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

I say after Bryan vs Wyatt match, the Wyatt family beats the shit out of D-bry and makes it seem like he cant compete. Brys number will be 2 but he doesnt come out til mid Rumble when the Wyatts and are in and just goes beast mode til the end of the Rumble and wins the whole thing. I mean peeps be doing Yes chants at college basketball games and shit dude is mad over.

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Are the New Age Outlaws heels?

BloodoftheKings
01-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Batista is back and no one cares. Def should win the Rumble.

RR predictions:
Cody Rhodes and Goldust (c) vs. The New Age Outlaws
2014 Royal Rumble Match: D-Bry
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena
Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

Daniel Bryan isn't even in the Rumble, Batista is winning.

Are the New Age Outlaws heels?

Yes. On last week's Raw they walked out on CM Punk during a tag match.

XDoomsayerX
01-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Daniel Bryan isn't even in the Rumble, Batista is winning.

Well thats lame. I thought he may pull double duty.

Sanitarium78
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Punk is winning the Rumble. They rarely announce the number one entrant in the Rumble before the PPV. There's no reason to do this with Punk if he isn't gonna win.

John The Drummer
01-21-2014, 01:23 PM
D-Bry vs Undertaker may be a for sure thing then if he isn't going to be in the Rumble.... it'd be nice to give him a match that he can win though :|

Dextrimental
01-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Punk is winning the Rumble. They rarely announce the number one entrant in the Rumble before the PPV. There's no reason to do this with Punk if he isn't gonna win.

Number 1? That'll outdo Flair in '92. I might watch this just to see that!

PVH5150
01-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Number 1? That'll outdo Flair in '92. I might watch this just to see that!

Or (expletive) in 2004.

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 02:00 PM
A person entering at two and winning deserves just as much respect as a person entering at one.

John The Drummer
01-21-2014, 02:32 PM
A person entering at two and winning deserves just as much respect as a person entering at one.

"If ya ain't first, you're last."
- Ricky Bobby

Dextrimental
01-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Or (expletive) in 2004.

Shit, I'd actually completely forgotten about that! I always think of two things with Benoit: 1) The ending (obviously) and 2) Him getting a day with the title in WCW. So Punk will be third to win the Royal Rumble in such circumstance. Legend.

Sanitarium78
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Shit, I'd actually completely forgotten about that! I always think of two things with Benoit: 1) The ending (obviously) and 2) Him getting a day with the title in WCW. So Punk will be third to win the Royal Rumble in such circumstance. Legend.

Shawn Michaels was number one in 1995 and won it. Rey Mysterio won it from the number 2 spot in 2006 I think it was. The first two spots are the same in the match, so even though the world's tallest midget winning it was a complete joke, he still went the full distance entering at two.

Dextrimental
01-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Shawn Michaels was number one in 1995 and won it. Rey Mysterio won it from the number 2 spot in 2006 I think it was. The first two spots are the same in the match, so even though the world's tallest midget winning it was a complete joke, he still went the full distance entering at two.

Not surprised at Michaels, but definitely at Mysterio. I was on the way out of paying attention in '06, did Mysterio win the title then at Mania?

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 04:33 PM
"If ya ain't first, you're last."
- Ricky Bobby

I just got served!

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Not surprised at Michaels, but definitely at Mysterio. I was on the way out of paying attention in '06, did Mysterio win the title then at Mania?

He did.

Funny thing about that Rumble was Triple H entered at one, Mysterio at two. Triple H was the second to last person eliminated.

Sanitarium78
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM

Unfortunately, Mysterio did win the belt at mania that year, he beat Kurt Angle and Randy Orton in a triple threat match. I know you're supposed to suspend your disbelief in wrestling but him winning the big gold belt was just flat out embarrassing. He only got the push to be champ because Eddie Guerrero died and they decided it would be nice for his friend Rey to win it in his memory. That's yet another reason to be upset at Eddie's death, it lead to that abomination of a title reign.

I didn't watch smackdown again until later that summer when Booker T beat Rey for the belt. At least that was a guy worthy of the title and was worth watching as champion. Especially since Booker had won the king of the ring and was playing the awesome King Booker character then.

Rey Mysterio is fine in a mid card role. I don't mind him as a IC/US or tag champ. But he had no business being the world heavyweight champion. When the belt is bigger than the man who wears it, it's not a good idea to put it on him.

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 05:31 PM
There have been a lot of bad champions, undeserving guys or guys who just aren't ready, but Rey was just bad. He got his ass handed to him every match. Worst. Champion. Ever.

PVH5150
01-21-2014, 05:47 PM
King Booker

All hail King BOOOKAKAAAHAAHGHGGHGH!

300%_Density
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Worst. Champion. Ever.

Mark Henry
Jeff Hardy

I'd challenge Rey as the worst.

John The Drummer
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Not that anyone cares, but Sin Cara (original one)'s contract expired on the 10th... guess no more Botch Cara :(

dcmetal108
01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Not that anyone cares, but Sin Cara (original one)'s contract expired on the 10th... guess no more Botch Cara :(

I just watched a old Survivor Series match with Sin Cara where at the beginning of the match he botched and screwed the entire like 20 minute match up to the point where he was pretty much taking his gear off and crying outside the ring.

rjturtle9
01-21-2014, 08:07 PM

They always announce the number 1 or 2 or 30 person. Hell, last year Dolph Ziggler was announced as first before the Rumble PPV.

adamclark52
01-21-2014, 11:29 PM
The list of "good" and "bad" champions is a great debate. I can only go over the modern era.

Good
I've always considered Triple H to be a good champion even though I can't stand the man. He made the World Heavyweight Championship mean something. CM Punks last reign was great. JBL I didn't like at first because I thought it was too early, but as time wore on he got good. Then there's the classics. Hogan was a great champion. As was Flair.

Bad
Rey Mysterio for the reasons above. I've always considered Mick Foley to have been a terrible champion. His reigns just seemed forced and unnesseary. I always considered him the worst champion of all-time from when he first won it in 1999 until Rey Mysterio won it in 2006. After Rey won it more and more bad champions came along. Rob Van Dam was terrible because it was just pointless. Edge I'm always on the fence about because it seemed like he was always losing the title when I was watching (eleven reigns lasting a total of only five hundred and forty eight days isn't very good in my books). Jeff Hardy and Mark Henry I don't even remember. Sheamus was too early at first, and any time since then I haven't been watching. The Miz because...the Miz. Alberto Del Rio just doesn't seem believable to me. And the Great Khali goes without saying.

And there are some classics I don't really consider to be very good champions either. Like the Undertaker, he was never a great champion because I feel he was above the belt. He's one of those guys that just don't need a belt because they're so damn good. He's better than the belt. And Shawn Micheals. I wasn't watching in his mid-1990's heyday but his last reign in 2002 was terrible and pointless.

Sanitarium78
01-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Mark Henry
Jeff Hardy

I'd challenge Rey as the worst.

Did you even watch Mark Henry in 2011 when he got the world title? Yeah, the guy was shit during the attitude era but he really found the right gimmick that year with the whole hall of pain thing. He was a monster heel and he kicked everyone's ass. He was built up great and he had a very good title run which only ended because he got injured. He probably would've went into wrestlemania 28 as champ if he didn't get hurt. Mark Henry deserves all the credit in the world for making that run work for him. He looks like a world champion and was booked like one. Which is something that can't be said for Mysterio.

Jeff Hardy wasn't a good champ but his reigns were rather short. When he feuded with Punk for the title on smackdown (2008? 2009?) it made sense in the storyline for him to get the title. So, while he wasn't a good champ, his time with the belt made sense. Hardy was booked strong to, which goes a long way in making the title seem credible even if you don't have it for that long.

They haven't been using him anyways. Hunico has been playing Sin Cara for the last few months. That will explain why all of a sudden Cara's matches were decent to watch and botch free.

They always announce the number 1 or 2 or 30 person. Hell, last year Dolph Ziggler was announced as first before the Rumble PPV.

No, they don't. I've watched every Royal Rumble and more often than not, we we're not made aware of who the first two out will be or who number 30 is. Only in special circumstances do they announce that ahead of time. They did that with Ziggler last year because he was the MITB holder and they wanted to put him over strong on a big PPV.

This storyline with Punk seems like it's leaning towards him winning the Rumble, possibly having a match with either Kane or HHH at the next PPV and then getting the belt from Orton at mania. Punk is the most anti-authority, anti-corporate guy they have right now. It makes sense for him to bring down Trips and Stephanie's current reign. This reminds me of back in 2004 when Heyman was smackdown GM and made Benoit the number one entrant to insure that Benoit's road to the title would be as hard as possible to attain. I've got a feeling they're going down that road with Punk this year.

XDoomsayerX
01-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Batista winning is just lame, hopefully Punk does win it and Sanitarium is right. Also D-bry not being in the rumble is a mistake.

John The Drummer
01-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Gonna go off topic, I got The Rock's documentary (from 2012 or 2013, forgot the exact title) and it is a really great and well put together doc. I was never a huge fan of his, but watching this really made me respect him more. It comes with 2 bonus discs full of matches spanning his entire career from his debut to the ladder match with Triple H, the I Quit match against Mankind, Hogan vs Rock II, and many more! He was such a great performer, both on the microphone and in the ring. It's cheap on Amazon, I'd suggest getting it :)

dcmetal108
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
If Punk wills the rumble I'll shit, splooge, and cry at the same time.

adamclark52
01-22-2014, 03:59 PM
I just hope someone "good" wins for a change (Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Ambrose). No fucking Batista or Cena or Sheamus.

Sanitarium78
01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I just hope someone "good" wins for a change (Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Ambrose). No fucking Batista or Cena or Sheamus.

Ambrose has no shot of winning. I'm convinced Vince is completely unaware of the talent that man possess. Jericho would be pointless. Punk or Bryan is the right call for this year but Vince will probably be an idiot and have Batista win. I've got nothing against Batista, ever since Evolution I've liked him but there is no way he should be main eventing wrestlemania in 2014. He should face Lesnar instead. That feud seems like such an obvious one to do.

Maideneer
01-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Way too many tag team participants this year. Shield, Wyatt's, Uso's, RhodesDust, that's almost 30% of the entrants...not cool, you know none of them are winning, so why bother? What's next, 3MB again and Real Americans? That'll fill the rest up won't it?

adamclark52
01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
I was just using those four names as examples. I just want someone unexpected. And not a fucking Batista or Cena or Rock.

XDoomsayerX
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Does anyone even care for Orton/Cena? Seriosly Orton is being billed as such a horrible champ. Also why is this match happening, Orton won in the most clean way one could win in a TLC match. Sure he handcuffed Cena but dude did it on his own. This match will end in a lame DQ fashion too.

Lesnar/Show has a chance to shine though. I wonder if Lesnar can still belly to belly Show and F5 him too.

Sanitarium78
01-23-2014, 06:12 AM
Does anyone even care for Orton/Cena? Seriosly Orton is being billed as such a horrible champ. Also why is this match happening, Orton won in the most clean way one could win in a TLC match. Sure he handcuffed Cena but dude did it on his own. This match will end in a lame DQ fashion too.

Lesnar/Show has a chance to shine though. I wonder if Lesnar can still belly to belly Show and F5 him too.

The reason Cena and Orton are wrestling again is because Cena gets a rematch. The belts were unified but that doesn't mean Cena isn't allowed a chance to win back the belt he lost.

Lesnar/Show should be a solid match. Big Show is underrated as hell by a lot of people on the internet. The guy is a very good talker and can put on some solid matches, especially when it's a big match like this one. In terms of overall work, the last three or four years have been the best of Show's career. Lesnar should be able to F5 him since he did it to Mark Henry a few weeks ago. Doing the belly to belly on Show I think is still possible now to. Since Lesnar does the kimura arm lock now he doesn't have to rely on tossing Show around to win the match. I still think we'll see him toss Show a couple times though.

dcmetal108
01-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Word is Hogan has passed his fitness tests with WWE so he is now barred from doing any physical stuff with them for now.

He is working with WWE though.

Sanitarium78
01-23-2014, 08:10 AM
I think you meant Hogan didn't pass his medical tests. Just put him in somebody's corner at mania if they really want him to do something.

dcmetal108
01-23-2014, 09:00 AM
I think you meant Hogan didn't pass his medical tests. Just put him in somebody's corner at mania if they really want him to do something.

Yeah that, it means he can't do any wrestling though, not even a leg drop.

I was reading that after the entire Lawler thing they became really strict with that.

adamclark52
01-23-2014, 10:01 AM
At his age and in his condition it's better Hogan doesn't wrestle. Do you really want to see him struggle and have that be the last memory of him? (I never saw his stuff in TNA).

adamclark52
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Not matter who wins the Rumble I just want three things:
1. Someone "good" to have a good half hour to forty five minute showing
2. At least on decent "surprise" entrant
3. Most important, The Rumble to close the show. I hate it when they stick it in the middle.

XDoomsayerX
01-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Not matter who wins the Rumble I just want three things:
1. Someone "good" to have a good half hour to forty five minute showing
2. At least on decent "surprise" entrant
3. Most important, The Rumble to close the show. I hate it when they stick it in the middle.

Pretty much this. Hopefully Cesaro and Ambrose have a strong showing, two most underrated nigs right now.

Tag match, D-bry match, Lesnar match and rumble itself will deliver.

My guess for surprise entrants are Y2J, RVD, Sheamus, Christian,Ziggler, Evan Bourne maybe Jake the Snake Roberts.

adamclark52
01-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Pretty much this. Hopefully Cesaro and Ambrose have a strong showing, two most underrated nigs right now.

Tag match, D-bry match, Lesnar match and rumble itself will deliver.

My guess for surprise entrants are Y2J, RVD, Sheamus, Christian,Ziggler, Evan Bourne maybe Jake the Snake Roberts.

Y2J as a surprise entrant is pretty much a lock for every year, you're probably right. RVD, yes. Sheamus, very possible. Christian, doubt it. Ziggler, doubtful. Evan Bourne, not a chance. Jake Roberts, very possible.

I'll say Sting is a long shot. And Santino or Khali are locks. And Daniel Bryan is still a good pick. And there's always Cena.

Maideneer
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Anyone wanna fly out to NY to watch at my place? I'm having an RR party!

John The Drummer
01-23-2014, 12:10 PM
AJ Styles should enter at 30 and be eliminated by Fandango.

John The Drummer
01-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Speaking of the 'Dango, hope he gets another match at WrestleMania and wins it... 2-0!!!!!!!!

300%_Density
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Man WWE wasted no time getting stuff off YouTube. They used to have a ton of full shows. That is pretty much no more. I had been ripping shows off and saving them to a hard drive. The days of that are even more quickly gone. Damn.

dcmetal108
01-23-2014, 08:43 PM

haha I'd love that

Speaking of the 'Dango, hope he gets another match at WrestleMania and wins it... 2-0!!!!!!!!

FAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAANNNN NNNNNGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ALSO! Hope you pants on, Sting is in talks for a WWE contract. Not even rumors, like he is working with WWE to sort it out.

adamclark52
01-23-2014, 09:05 PM

Internet Wrestling Community: "if Fandango eliminates Styles, we riot"

John The Drummer
01-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Man WWE wasted no time getting stuff off YouTube. They used to have a ton of full shows. That is pretty much no more. I had been ripping shows off and saving them to a hard drive. The days of that are even more quickly gone. Damn.
Dang,that was fast! But in the end... $10 a month for WWEN isn't too bad.. I prolly won't pay for it, but still, great deal.

ALSO! Hope you pants on, Sting is in talks for a WWE contract. Not even rumors, like he is working with WWE to sort it out.

As noted earlier in this thread, its uncertain what he would do in the WWE, but I would go crazy the moment he [possibly] debuts :rocker: . Him and Nash were my 2 favorites in WCW, sooo... yeah.... never know, if even for a one off it'd be fun!

dcmetal108
01-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Rumor was if Sting comes back since hogan isn't cleared to wrestle they'd try to get a Sting vs Warrior match.

BloodoftheKings
01-24-2014, 11:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CRQ9SYJ.gif

John The Drummer
01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Watched the Mr. Perfect documentary last night, wow, what a great story. Was never a big fan of his, but after watching some of his older matches he WAS perfect. I watched a match from AWA where him and Scott Hall were teaming up against two other guys, and damn, he was great! As was Scott Hall... he used to be RIPPED :eek:

300%_Density
01-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Rumor was if Sting comes back since hogan isn't cleared to wrestle they'd try to get a Sting vs Warrior match.

I would be excited to see that and at the same time there's no way that match would be anything resembling watchable. I don't think it would be Hogan/Warrior '98 Halloween Havoc bad (but really what is?) but Warrior, from looking at Wikipedia, has wrestled 1 match, in 2008, since he was done in WCW. Which is been around 15 years and 1 match. Don't know a damn thing about TNA & Sting. I have read that he's just not that good in the ring anymore but I have no way to know this for a fact. That sounds like a bad match all the way around.

Sanitarium78
01-24-2014, 01:35 PM

Haven't read a single thing about that ever being considred. Complete bullshit if you ask me. At least Sting has been wrestling, Warrior I don't believe has in years. Warrior wasn't even a safe worker back when he was in shape and in the prime of his career. There's no way Sting would agree to a match like that and risk getting hurt this late in the game. The match has zero appeal at this point in time. If Sting wrestles for the WWE, it will only be against guys that he knows will take care of him in the ring.

adamclark52
01-24-2014, 02:25 PM
I've heard people set up scenarios for Sting that work but there's really only one guy he should wrestle, and that's the Undertaker.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-24-2014, 05:34 PM

I lost my shit :lol:

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Haven't read a single thing about that ever being considred. Complete bullshit if you ask me. At least Sting has been wrestling, Warrior I don't believe has in years. Warrior wasn't even a safe worker back when he was in shape and in the prime of his career. There's no way Sting would agree to a match like that and risk getting hurt this late in the game. The match has zero appeal at this point in time. If Sting wrestles for the WWE, it will only be against guys that he knows will take care of him in the ring.

There has been talk that The Ultimate Warrior may be working one more match as part of his new deal with WWE. Word being talked about backstage is Warrior vs Ryback, likely at WrestleMania XXX. As noted, it's believed the deal with Bill Goldberg is pretty much dead because of money issues.

300%_Density
01-25-2014, 04:21 AM
I have a feeling win or lose Richard Sherman will show up on a Raw before the next season starts. If any athlete was made for pro wrestling who can actually talk well it'd be him.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2014, 05:52 AM
There has been talk that The Ultimate Warrior may be working one more match as part of his new deal with WWE. Word being talked about backstage is Warrior vs Ryback, likely at WrestleMania XXX. As noted, it's believed the deal with Bill Goldberg is pretty much dead because of money issues.

I haven't seen any pages mention that match in at least a month. Doubt it will happen, Ryback has had the worst booking this year and is not believable as a unstoppable monster anymore. Plus, there are plenty of other guys worthy of a wrestlemania spot before Ryback.

I have a feeling win or lose Richard Sherman will show up on a Raw before the next season starts. If any athlete was made for pro wrestling who can actually talk well it'd be him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does show up on RAW. The question is, does Vince want to give the guy a live mic and risk him saying something that isn't PG?

300%_Density
01-25-2014, 06:20 AM
I wouldn't worry. In a heat if the moment, my team just clinched the Super Bowl moment and he didn't then I bet he'd be fine live.

Think of possibilities. Raw is in Denver on the 17th. How much heat would he get there if Seattle wins and he shows up in Denver on Raw. HUGE heat.

John The Drummer
01-25-2014, 08:13 AM
People need to look at Sherman's other interviews, where he isn't yelling. Hes a very smart, well spoken, understandable, normal dude.

dcmetal108
01-25-2014, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he does show up on RAW. The question is, does Vince want to give the guy a live mic and risk him saying something that isn't PG?

Have you seen Batista's twitter? It's so not PG.

Telling people that boo him to suck his balls :lol:

300%_Density
01-25-2014, 09:44 AM
People need to look at Sherman's other interviews, where he isn't yelling. Hes a very smart, well spoken, understandable, normal dude.

Yea. A Stanford guy. But then again a lot of the best mic guys were also smart & well spoken. All about getting into that mindset.

XDoomsayerX
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM

:lol: Awesome vid nig!

Also just realized that the superbowl is tomorrow shit wont be good for RR buyrates.

adamclark52
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
:lol: Awesome vid nig!

Also just realized that the superbowl is tomorrow shit wont be good for RR buyrates.

No, the Superbowl is next week. WWE always has the Rumble on the off-weekend between playoffs and the Superbowl. Even Vince isn't stupid enough to think he has a chance against the Superbowl.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 09:24 AM
I really hope Batista doesn't win the Rumble... reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope not...... I may cry.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 10:30 AM
I really hope Batista doesn't win the Rumble... reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope not...... I may cry.

Well...there's always next year.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 11:52 AM
I really hope I don't regret ordering this PPV. The rumble, mania and sometimes summerslam are the only PPVs I watch live now.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
I really hope I don't regret ordering this PPV. The rumble, mania and sometimes summerslam are the only PPVs I watch live now.

You know what, Cena won't win so it's already less a regret than ordering last years. But you're probably right. There's still ten spots open and Cena could very well be in one. I can't see him NOT being in the title match at Wrestlemania.

Above all if the Rumble closes the show I won't regret it. That and Cena not winning will make me NOT feel like I wasted my money.

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Wrestling observer's end of the year lists (http://pastebin.com/xxhhFWu0)

Pretty accurate for the most part.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Way to go TNA! Sucking all over the place!

"This is awesome", clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Apparently Sting and WWE have reached some sort of agreement.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/447817-have-sting-and-wwe-reached-an-agreement-another-potential-royal-rumble-surprise-entrant

Whether or not he will be on the programming, I dunno, but my bet is that he will have some sort of "Best of" or Documentary DVD coming out IF they have reached an agreement.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 03:07 PM
X Pac strongly rumored to be at RR. Was scheduled for indie show but canceled and he's said he's in Pittsburgh. Smell the buyrates!!! Let's just do an over 50 DX. Woooooooo!!!!!

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 03:12 PM
If X-Pac is a surprise entrant in the rumble, it would be awesome if he got "X-Pac Sucks" chants again. If anyone other than Punk or Bryan win the rumble tonight, I hope the fans boo the shit out of who ever does.

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 03:17 PM
If X-Pac is a surprise entrant in the rumble, it would be awesome if he got "X-Pac Sucks" chants again. If anyone other than Punk or Bryan win the rumble tonight, I hope the fans boo the shit out of who ever does.

Maybe Xpac will get involved in the New Age Outlaws match :eyes:

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Ehhhh. I was just not a huge X Pac fan when he was in the WWF. I seemed to enjoy him more when he was Syxx. Maybe for not knowing hardly anybody now I might enjoy him more if he came back.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 03:22 PM
MOTHER OF GOD!!! STING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he's going to be on tv. it would be stupid not for him to be. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MARKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 03:53 PM
New Age Outlaws just won the Tag Team Championship....... ummm...... k

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM
New Age Outlaws just won the Tag Team Championship....... ummm...... k

That's bullshit, The Rhodes put on a great match, tons of high spots and high flying moves only to lose to the New Age Outlaws who have been back for a month and are just riding their success from the 90's.

Rhodes and Golddust really need the appreciation for being a great tag team with a story who put on a great match.

Also if Punk loses we riot.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm live tweeting the show right now @dcmetal108

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Didn't expect Wyatt to win, at all.

Also guess WWE forget to tell them that this wasn't the main event because god damn was that match good.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Holy shit that match was too fucking amazing. Nothing is topping that tonight or next PPV.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Even though there's only been once match so far, it's safe to say that Wyatt/Bryan is match of the night. That match was great and it really showed that Wyatt is ready for the big PPV matches.

I'm ok with the Outlaws winning the titles. They'll probably only keep them until wrestlemania where they hopefully drop them to the Usos who are long overdue for a tag title run.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Lesner Vs Big Show match sucked except for the fact that Lesner fucking F5'd Big Show.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 04:47 PM
That Lesnar vs. Big Show match was the polar opposite of the Bryan/Wyatt match.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 04:48 PM
And I'm betting the New Age Outlaws winning the title will lead to the Goldust/Cody feud at Wrestlemania starting tonight.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
fuck, those aren't fake chair shots. Lesner even broke a chair over Big Show.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 04:57 PM
"Wyatt is a duck dynasty reject" I think Orton just cut his best promo ever.

Sinister_Chalupa666
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure that hand injury to Show fucked that match.

adamclark52
01-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Thank god the Rumble is going on last. The PPV is saved for me, and Cena/Orton gives me some time to do laundry.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Boreton and Cena on now which is good because that means the rumble closes the show.

dcmetal108
01-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Orton vs Cena match already, thats early