04. Rose of Sharyn
05. This is Absolution
06. Take This Oath
07. Prelude
08. Vide Infra
09. Temple from the Within
10. The Arms of Sorrow
11. My Curse
12. The End of Heartache (was supposedly amazing)
13. A Bid Farewell
14. Life to Lifeless

encore:

15. My Last Serenade
16. Holy Diver

Kind of surprised and saddened that they're still closing with Holy Diver.

Steev
04-23-2012, 06:17 AM
http://www.metalinsider.net/video/killswitch-engage-perform-with-jesse-leach-at-new-england-metal-hardcore-fest-2012

some video, including Jesse doing Howard's songs

Nater
04-23-2012, 06:21 AM
That's a pretty good setlist I jsut wish they would drop Holy diver and burn it in a fire. Jesus I hate that cover.

HugeRockStar
04-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Actually really interested in hearing End Of Heartache with Jesse singing it. Good setlist.

jd091
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Numbered Days -> Self Revolution -> Fixation

OH FUCK YEEEEEAAAAAAH

AnthG
04-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Awesome to see them doing Howard-era songs while still excluding that last album they did entirely.

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Awesome setlist, only thing wrong is the Holy Diver cover. It's not even their most popular song, ending with My Last Serenade would be much better.

YippiCola
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Numbered Days -> Self Revolution -> Fixation

OH FUCK YEEEEEAAAAAAH

THIS!!

and prelude > vide infra > temple too.

but i agree with the guys above, keeping holy diver as the closer is a little awkward.

Nick_to_the_face
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Not too shabby, not too shabby at all :party:
Still have Holy Diver as a closer though..hmmm hopefully that won't last long

MPF
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Holy Diver is their biggest song, it's always going to be in their set. It's like Metallica taking out Enter Sandman, or AC/DC taking out Back in Black. It's possible and has happened before, but that's a rarity.

That said, killer setlist!

brutal_descent
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Holy Diver is their biggest song, it's always going to be in their set. It's like Metallica taking out Enter Sandman, or AC/DC taking out Back in Black. It's possible and has happened before, but that's a rarity.

That said, killer setlist!

You're kidding, right? It took me AGES to find out they even did a cover of Holy Diver, I'd say that either Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, or My Last Serenade would be their #1 hit.

MPF
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
You're kidding, right? It took me AGES to find out they even did a cover of Holy Diver, I'd say that either Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on the Darkness, or My Last Serenade would be their #1 hit.

Holy Diver is their biggest song by far. It was blasted for over a year on the radio stations here. Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on The Darkness, and My Last Serenade were never mainstream radio singles. Holy Diver and The End Of Heartache were.

brutal_descent
04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Holy Diver is their biggest song by far. It was blasted for over a year on the radio stations here. Rose of Sharyn, Fixation on The Darkness, and My Last Serenade were never mainstream radio singles. Holy Diver and The End Of Heartache were.

I don't know, man... unlike Enter Sandman or Back In Black, Holy Diver is a cover; it'd be wrong to say that the signature song for a quality band like KSE is a cover.

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
AMAZING!

There is a reason that KSE are within my top 3 favorite bands of all time.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I agree they shouldn't end their set with a cover song BUT Holy Diver is what they are known best for to casual/mainstream fans. It makes sense. I think they should end it with My Curse or Serenade.

kalfitegrdan
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Dude, My Curse has to be their biggest original hit. I mean, inclusion in Guitar Hero = mainstream fame for the most part.

VoidFlame
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Dude, My Curse has to be their biggest original hit. I mean, inclusion in Guitar Hero = mainstream fame for the most part.

This. I only found out they had a cover of Holy Diver later. Plus, ending a set with a cover in kinda lame.

mastodon421
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
This set fucking kills, 8 from Alive or Just Breathing:drool: This set would have been worth sitting through all the shit on yesterday's NEMHF.

electrocute1031
04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
The entire NEMHF was amazing this year, and yesterday was the perfect way to end it. My girlfriend and I ended up getting to Worcester around 12:00 to get a decent parking spot at the Palladium. Luckily her brother lives down in Worcester so we ended up hanging with him for most of the day. We ended up going into the palladium around 6:00. After hanging around for about another couple of hours we went up to the balcony. First band I actually ended up watching was Vanna.

Vanna put on a really good show, which included the singer jumping from the lighting fixture onto the stage at the beginning of the last song, if I remember correctly. Other notable moments were the guitarist jumping in while still playing, I believe he ended up doing this twice, one was with a couple other members of the band. I'm not to familiar with their music so I don't have the setlist.

Every Time I Die was up next. They were awesome. Lots of energy and great crowd response. While I listened to some Every Time I Die prior to the show I'm not to familiar with their song titles. After seeing them last night however I will definitely check out more of their stuff. I have a friend who is a huge fan and I believe he said last night was his 16th or 17th time seeing them live.

So after ETID got off stage a curtain drops over the stage. From what I could see behind the curtain they were taking the Metal Fest banner down, which was up all weekend, and replaced it with a Killswitch one, which ends up being the logo, and the Alive or Just Breathing album cover. Around 20 minutes later lights go out, and the two screens on the side of the stage flash the KSE logo. What follows is a slide show of the band members, to the song reunited. After the song the curtain falls, Numbered Days starts, and the crowd goes completely ape shit. The band was incredibly tight, they ripped through the setlist and looked like they were having an amazing time doing so. Throughout the set Jesse must of thanked the fans for coming out at least 3 or 4 times. Adam also did his share of talking, which included welcoming Jesse back. Adam also thanked the fans for selling the show out, which according to him wake up with a boner the morning of the show. Another Adam D. moment happened after he had technical issues during Life to Lifeless, taking off his guitar and started hardcore dancing for the last few bars of the song. Jesse sounded awesome, he nailed everything, including all the Howard era songs. Another cool moment happened when Jesse dedicated Rose of Sharyn to Howard. The crowd response was amazing, as expected, with most of the audience screaming every word at the top of their lungs. It was totally worth going yesterday, and I'm so happy I ended up going, as stated before it was the perfect way to end an amazing weekend at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.

Vanna: 8/10
Every Time I Die: 9/10
Killswitch Engage: 11/10

jd091
04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
That Killswitch review sounds awesome! Really hope they tour soon with him.

Vanna is shit in my opinion, by the way. One of the worst live bands I've ever seen.

MPF
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I agree they shouldn't end their set with a cover song BUT Holy Diver is what they are known best for to casual/mainstream fans. It makes sense. I think they should end it with My Curse or Serenade.

I'm glad someone sees my point of view.

Holy Diver isn't anywhere near my favorite KSE song but it's their biggest song to the mainstream fans.

That's like saying Six is the biggest All That Remains song because it was in Guitar Hero. I totally Agee that either My Curse or The end Of HEartache is their biggest original song, but Holy Diver is their biggest hit and why they are known in the mainstream.

And electrocute1031, awesome review!

AnthG
04-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Six is ATR's biggest song? Nah

Nick_to_the_face
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Six is ATR's biggest song? Nah

I'd say two weeks, easy.

MPF
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
It is Two Weeks without question, I was saying that My Curse being KSE just because it was on Guitar Hero is like saying Six is ATR's biggest song just because it was on Guitar Hero. It's not.

AnthG
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Well for hypothetical reasons, if you take away Holy Diver, what is KsE's biggest song? The only ones that would come to mind would be My Curse or End of Heartache.