PDA

View Full Version : System Of A Down - Deftones - 2012 Summer Tour!

RAMNOfficial
04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejiTxp7-pWA - System Of A Down - Deftones - 2012 Summer Tour!

Info To Be Announced On Monday April 23rd 2012!

http://loudwire.com/files/2012/04/ShavoChino.jpg?w=625&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

llama lom
04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
They just posted a picture of Shavo holding a Deftones all access pass with the caption "Announcement coming Monday." I'd say that your info is probably correct.

stylesclash516
04-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty sure my 11 year old brother is going to have his first orgasm when he hears about this.

Steev
04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
heh I saw them together at Ozzfest 1999

anomynous
04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/524f5a96f4cb702.gif

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
heh I saw them together at Ozzfest 1999

That!!! But still looking forward to it!!!

DisposableJustice
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
please come to Denver...this would be the shit!:rocker:

CaptainGrog
04-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Holy shit thats awesome. Ive been waiting to see SOAD since 2005 but I was too young.

Deftones has a pic on their facebook of a SOAD pass as well saying announcement monday.

Steev
04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
sounds like a good show except the crowd is probably gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

BlindGuardian93
04-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Pleeease let this hit Philly / Reading and steev you going to the Zombie show in Scranton?

Steev
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Pleeease let this hit Philly / Reading and steev you going to the Zombie show in Scranton?

Holmdel, NJ

surprisingly it's closer than Scranton

BlindGuardian93
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Ah Scranton is closer for me Plus Pit was only 45

brutal_descent
04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Fuck to the yeah!

AnthG
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Deftones were added to Heavy TO and Heavy MTL yesterday on the same nights SOAD are playing.

stylesclash516
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
And then there's me to ruin everyone's fun.

7/?/2012 - System of a Down/Deftones - Frankfurt, Germany

CaptainGrog
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Holmdel, NJ

surprisingly it's closer than Scranton

I dont think theyd hit PNC if they come to the NJ area. Probably IZOD center.

Steev
04-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I dont think theyd hit PNC if they come to the NJ area. Probably IZOD center.

talking bout Zombie/Megadeth

Steev
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Ah Scranton is closer for me Plus Pit was only 45

Holmdel is like an hour and a half and I got decent seats(up front is all seats, I had 4th row center for Mayhem there last year)

BlindGuardian93
04-20-2012, 02:06 PM

Just died a little inside

Steev
04-20-2012, 02:11 PM

I lol'd

CaptainGrog
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
talking bout Zombie/Megadeth

oh shit my mistake.

TonyD
04-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not really a fan of Deftones but after seeing them with Mastodon/AIC, I'd waaaay rather see them than Korn as previously reported...

RAMNOfficial
04-20-2012, 02:39 PM

where did u get this date from?

CaptainGrog
04-20-2012, 02:42 PM

I thought he was just messing around. But if he's not Im sure there will be some North American dates(east coast hopefully), if not thats just fucked up.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I thought he was just messing around. But if he's not Im sure there will be some North American dates(east coast hopefully), if not thats just fucked up.

It is likely just dates leading up to those Canadian Festivals, but a proper US tour is long overdue for SoaD.

Magson13
04-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome, two irrelevant bands that just want an easy paycheck, charging excessive amounts of money for tickets to what everyone's already seen.

Dextrimental
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Dear lord I'd love this, not yet seen either band, and Deftones have been getting regular spins for the last 2 years now. System would be incredible for the nostalgia as well!

Nater
04-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this hit maine as one of the shows for the alt radio stations Summer Camp. If tickets are cheap I may go.

detuned
04-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this hit maine as one of the shows for the alt radio stations Summer Camp. If tickets are cheap I may go.
i was thinking oxxfest was going to be trespass america since both are being announced monday, promoter has booked 5FDP twice before, and oxxfest is seemingly happening close to heavy MTL, but now im wondering if they somehow miraculously were able to get SOAD/deftones. after all, they are apparently moving it to scarborough downs this year, which leads me to believe it may be larger scale than previous years, and these certainly would be bands to help do that.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
i was thinking oxxfest was going to be trespass america since both are being announced monday, promoter has booked 5FDP twice before, and oxxfest is seemingly happening close to heavy MTL, but now im wondering if they somehow miraculously were able to get SOAD/deftones. after all, they are apparently moving it to scarborough downs this year, which leads me to believe it may be larger scale than previous years, and these certainly would be bands to help do that.

I hope u r right about Ozzfest but I find it odd Sabbath is playing Lollapalooza instead of Ozzfest...

stylesclash516
04-20-2012, 07:31 PM

A friend of mine who lives in Frankfurt mentioned it and he is always spot on. I can't remember the exact date but I'm pretty sure it was 7/5 at Festhalle.

Nater
04-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Oxxfest would make sense because they could pull a huge crowd with these two bands. Otherwise I was thinking it would have been a show at the civic center. That move to the Downs would be the smartest thing. It's so much more accesable for most then driving to the speedway.

Wolves....Oxxfest is a local one day festival that takes place in Oxford County. They thought they would be funny and play on Ozzfest with Oxxfest.

detuned
04-20-2012, 08:11 PM
i would imagine this is gonna be pretty big venues, so i think oxxfest is the only sliver of chance we have. not getting my hopes up though, chances are we will lose out like always and the only new england date will be fucking mansfield. which in that case i wont bother going.

funny thing about oxxfest is it was only in oxford the first year (papa roach/saving abel, heh), and they have had it at a different town each year since (wiscasset, then bangor last year). bringing it south and close to portland and the highway is definitely a good move, and with a legit lineup it could make for a pretty huge show.

RAMNOfficial
04-20-2012, 08:17 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Frankfurt mentioned it and he is always spot on. I can't remember the exact date but I'm pretty sure it was 7/5 at Festhalle.
Can u ask him if he knows any more dates?

Nater
04-20-2012, 09:05 PM
i would imagine this is gonna be pretty big venues, so i think oxxfest is the only sliver of chance we have. not getting my hopes up though, chances are we will lose out like always and the only new england date will be fucking mansfield. which in that case i wont bother going.

funny thing about oxxfest is it was only in oxford the first year (papa roach/saving abel, heh), and they have had it at a different town each year since (wiscasset, then bangor last year). bringing it south and close to portland and the highway is definitely a good move, and with a legit lineup it could make for a pretty huge show.

Ugh....I have driving to Mansfield but I have hope if the Waterfront can get something like Poison/Def Lep then they might pull this show in too if Oxxfest doesn't.

I completely forgot that it was in bangor last year. I think it's cause I thought the line-up was kinda boring and I hate some of the local bands that played with a fucking passion.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Oxxfest would make sense because they could pull a huge crowd with these two bands. Otherwise I was thinking it would have been a show at the civic center. That move to the Downs would be the smartest thing. It's so much more accesable for most then driving to the speedway.

Wolves....Oxxfest is a local one day festival that takes place in Oxford County. They thought they would be funny and play on Ozzfest with Oxxfest.

Well damn... I thought he typo'd xx instead of zz HAHA

CaptainGrog
04-21-2012, 08:31 AM

Ah fuck...well hopefully Serj will do a tour of the US for his new solo album later on in the year.

AnthG
04-21-2012, 08:46 AM
That festival date in July doesn't disprove that this won't happen, as i'm sure it could start in August.

detuned
04-21-2012, 09:00 AM
pretty safe to assume the shows/tour will happen in august around the heavy festivals on the 11th and 12th

stylesclash516
04-21-2012, 09:02 AM
That festival date in July doesn't disprove that this won't happen, as i'm sure it could start in August.

Who said the July date was a festival?

CaptainGrog
04-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Festhalle is a big venue in Frankfurt it isnt a festival. If they do tour Europe and the US Im sure that it will be a very short US tour after an average European run.

Ommie
04-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Honestly, if they're both confirmed for Heavy MTL and TO, then there SHOULD be a US tour. If not, well that's kinda shitty.

If anything, this co-headline tour could be a world-wide thing.

xskizzelzx90x
04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
HOLY SHIT.

AnthG
04-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Festhalle is a big venue in Frankfurt it isnt a festival.

Yeah, I totally knew that. I don't know where you thought I said otherwise...

CaptainGrog
04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I totally knew that. I don't know where you thought I said otherwise...

You said that festival date in July

AnthG
04-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Sarcasm.

treghet
04-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Sarcasm.

How was that sarcasm? :lol: Just accept that you were wrong and move on, it's not like it even matters.

mastodon421
04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I seriously just shit my pants.

Xenocide
04-22-2012, 09:30 AM
SOAD's 2011 US run didn't hit ANYTHING on the East Coast.

IrritatedTrout
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM

It was fucking stupid.

Xenocide
04-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah. Hopefully this run hits up the Comcast Center.

AnthG
04-22-2012, 09:45 AM
How was that sarcasm? :lol: Just accept that you were wrong and move on, it's not like it even matters.

Nevermind

velvetgrass
04-22-2012, 09:52 AM

neither did it hit the midwest!

CaptainGrog
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM

Knowing them I wouldnt be surprised if they skipped over us again. There wasnt even anything in the midwest. All on the west coast.

detuned
04-22-2012, 10:04 AM
yes im sure SOAD is going to come all the way to montreal and toronto and then skip the rest of the east coast

CaptainGrog
04-22-2012, 10:11 AM
yes im sure SOAD is going to come all the way to montreal and toronto and then skip the rest of the east coast

It wouldnt be stupid to think that. We have no idea what their schedules are considering Scars is coming back and Serj has a shit ton of stuff to do.

detuned
04-22-2012, 10:16 AM
it also wouldnt be stupid to think that making a bajillion dollars doing a handful of SOAD shows would take precedence over their side projects that relatively no one gives a fuck about

CaptainGrog
04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
it also wouldnt be stupid to think that making a bajillion dollars doing a handful of SOAD shows would take precedence over their side projects that relatively no one gives a fuck about

You obviously dont know Serj Tankian. He makes money either way and he'd rather make it by his side projects.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-22-2012, 11:36 AM
One of two things will happen:

1. The band will make a small run leading around the Canadian festivals.

2. Full blown US tour.

I'd venture to guess a full blown US tour. The only reason you tour with an act as popular as Deftones is to compete against the other summer tours in my opinion. If they were just doing a few shows they would likely pick an unknown opener so they could take in more $.

I can see SoaD/Deftones easily outselling Trespass America & Uproar.

detuned
04-22-2012, 11:59 AM
nater, just dug around the associated waterfront facebook pages, found some (http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/06/living/waterfront-concerts-expanding-with-scarborough-downs-deal/) local news articles (http://www.pressherald.com/news/Scarborough-Downs-may-host-major-concerts-this-summer.html), and oxxfest is definitely happening august 10th at scarborough downs, day before heavy MTL, so its gotta be either SOAD/deftones or trepass. i wont even entertain the idea that BOTH are a posibility, but fuck could you imagine.
You obviously dont know Serj Tankian. He makes money either way and he'd rather make it by his side projects.
hah, theres no way he makes anywhere near the amount of money solo as he would with SOAD. if i remember correctly they were making $250,000 a night last ozzfest they did. the size of the festivals they get top billing on since reuniting would lead me to believe they get waaaaaaay more than that now.
I can see SoaD/Deftones easily outselling Trespass America & Uproar.
definitely outsell trespass, i dunno about uproar, lineup is pretty stacked as far as big radio rock bands go.

Nater
04-22-2012, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=detuned;461407]nater, just dug around the associated waterfront facebook pages, found some (http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/06/living/waterfront-concerts-expanding-with-scarborough-downs-deal/) local news articles (http://www.pressherald.com/news/Scarborough-Downs-may-host-major-concerts-this-summer.html), and oxxfest is definitely happening august 10th at scarborough downs, day before heavy MTL, so its gotta be either SOAD/deftones or trepass. i wont even entertain the idea that BOTH are a posibility, but fuck could you imagine.QUOTE]

With a move like that I could see them making Oxxfest 2 days and having both tours hit. I doubt that would happen but logically if they both happen around the same time it would be a genius move. Either way it's good to see the Downs getting involved in concerts they have a great location and will do nothing but bring in money for them.

Interesting note in the second link it says Rockstar energy drink tour Sep. 1st. I'm gonna guess that Uproar is finally gonna hit somewhere near here.

mastodon421
04-22-2012, 01:27 PM

I know, I hope it's different this time around.

detuned
04-22-2012, 01:30 PM
With a move like that I could see them making Oxxfest 2 days and having both tours hit. I doubt that would happen but logically if they both happen around the same time it would be a genius move. Either way it's good to see the Downs getting involved in concerts they have a great location and will do nothing but bring in money for them.

Interesting note in the second link it says Rockstar energy drink tour Sep. 1st. I'm gonna guess that Uproar is finally gonna hit somewhere near here.

heh, yeah it seems that article referring to uproar as just "rockstar energy drink festival" confused quite a few people into thinking mayhem was coming, to the point of thanking the promoters on the facebook pages for bringing slipknot and such. (that was the only band they came out and confirmed wouldnt be on oxxfest)

i think if oxxfest was going to be two days they would have mentioned it in the article, and i think it being on a friday instead of a saturday or sunday like usual is pretty damning evidence that they booked some of the heavy MTL saturday bands. waterfront concerts is pretty good with not dragging their feet on announcing, so we should know first thing tomorrow whats what.

Nater
04-22-2012, 01:57 PM
heh, yeah it seems that article referring to uproar as just "rockstar energy drink festival" confused quite a few people into thinking mayhem was coming, to the point of thanking the promoters on the facebook pages for bringing slipknot and such. (that was the only band they came out and confirmed wouldnt be on oxxfest)

i think if oxxfest was going to be two days they would have mentioned it in the article, and i think it being on a friday instead of a saturday or sunday like usual is pretty damning evidence that they booked some of the heavy MTL saturday bands. waterfront concerts is pretty good with not dragging their feet on announcing, so we should know first thing tomorrow whats what.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. I hope maybe they can pull a couple of the SS bands to play it but that's a long shot. I'm just happy that they are pulling the trigger on something like this and actually getting some decent bands in Maine this year

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-22-2012, 02:41 PM
definitely outsell trespass, i dunno about uproar, lineup is pretty stacked as far as big radio rock bands go.

uproar is stacked BUT Godsmack/Staind as well as Shinedown will have toured the US just a few months before Uproar. I don't think Buckcherry or Papa Roach will draw too many fans as both are club bands now and they also seemngly draw from the same fan base. I think SoaD/Deftones will outsell Uproar, especially if they add on a decent opener

Xenocide
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Hoping Mastodon opens this...

masterguy49
04-22-2012, 03:34 PM

Nah, rather see them doing their own headlining tour. If they're on this we will just see stuff The Hunter and nothing else.

But seriously hope this tour happens with no openers. Just the 2 bands playing 2 hour sets each :D

AnthG
04-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't think Buckcherry or Papa Roach will draw too many fans as both are club bands now and they also seemngly draw from the same fan base.

Now? Weren't Papa Roach always never more than a club band, at least for headlining tours? I don't think ever headlined more than 2,000-3,000 seaters as headliners.

mastodon421
04-22-2012, 04:09 PM

If that happened (I know it's not going to), I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe after the show.

DementedX14
04-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey Guys, I heard from somewhere that SOAD and Deftones will be on the UPROAR Tour along side Shinedown and Godsmack. Don't know if this is true or not.

NickLed19
04-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey Guys, I heard from somewhere that SOAD and Deftones will be on the UPROAR Tour along side Shinedown and Godsmack. Don't know if this is true or not.

That is a little much. I doubt that happens.

Magson13
04-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Gullible much? :lol:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Given the fact that Shavo is the reason that Brent Hinds had a brain hemmorage, I can't see Mastodon opening.

TonyD
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM

I guess that's a sorta logical thought coming from a Mastodon fan, until you realize that they would get 30 minutes and you would be paying way more than you should if you get decent seats.

BloodoftheKings
04-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Given the fact that Shavo is the reason that Brent Hinds had a brain hemmorage, I can't see Mastodon opening.

:lol:

Forgot all about that story.

brutal_descent
04-23-2012, 12:41 AM
If that happened (I know it's not going to), I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe after the show.

:rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Now? Weren't Papa Roach always never more than a club band, at least for headlining tours? I don't think ever headlined more than 2,000-3,000 seaters as headliners.

I was never much of a Papa Roach fan nor expert. You are most likely correct.

NickLed19
04-23-2012, 01:37 AM
I was never much of a Papa Roach fan nor expert. You are most likely correct.

Papa Roach/Buckcherry did Rock Allegiance last year and played in front of 5-10 k most nights.

RAMNOfficial
04-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Announcement today! :)

IrritatedTrout
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
First date:

http://www.livenation.com/event/02004894955F558B?artistid=726146&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

xskizzelzx90x
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
First date:

http://www.livenation.com/event/02004894955F558B?artistid=726146&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

HOPING FOR PITTSBURGH!

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Here are the dates:

August 2, 2012: Susquehanna Bank Center Philadelphia, PA*
August 4, 2012: PNC Center Holmdel Township, NJ**
August 5, 2012: Nikon at Jones Beach Wantagh, NY**
August 7, 2012: Verizon Center - Washington, DC*
August 9, 2012: Comcast Center Boston, MA*
August 11, 2012: Heavy MTL Festival - Montreal, QC***
August 12, 2012: Heavy TO Festival Toronto, ON***
August 14, 2012: DTE Energy Amphitheater Detroit, MI*
August 15, 2012: Allstate Arena Chicago, IL**
*Tickets go on sale at 10 AM May 4th.
**Tickets go on sale at 10 AM May 5th.
***Tickets now on sale.
Fan pre-sale begins May 1. Details coming soon.

brutal_descent
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Here are the dates:

August 2, 2012: Susquehanna Bank Center Philadelphia, PA*
August 4, 2012: PNC Center Holmdel Township, NJ**
August 5, 2012: Nikon at Jones Beach Wantagh, NY**
August 7, 2012: Verizon Center - Washington, DC*
August 9, 2012: Comcast Center Boston, MA*
August 11, 2012: Heavy MTL Festival - Montreal, QC***
August 12, 2012: Heavy TO Festival Toronto, ON***
August 14, 2012: DTE Energy Amphitheater Detroit, MI*
August 15, 2012: Allstate Arena Chicago, IL**
*Tickets go on sale at 10 AM May 4th.
**Tickets go on sale at 10 AM May 5th.
***Tickets now on sale.
Fan pre-sale begins May 1. Details coming soon.

:bouville:

Obviously this is more of a "lets make up for those east coast dates from last year" SOAD tour than a full-blown co-headlining tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Obviously this is more of a "lets make up for those east coast dates from last year" SOAD tour than a full-blown co-headlining tour.

Unfortunately :(

mastodon421
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
System/Deftones and Summer Slaughter back-to-back days, bring it. Both of those shows and Mayhem Fest in a one week span is going to be crazy.

TheDeadPanda
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Bulllllllllllshhhhhhitttttttt.

DisposableJustice
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Piss.

xskizzelzx90x
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
:(

TonyD
04-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Fair enough. Are these the complete dates?

anomynous
04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Look at that massive tour that covers a lot of ground

CaptainGrog
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
FUCK YES! Finally! Ill be at the PNC date.

Steev
04-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I feel like this will be expensive

detuned
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I feel like this will be expensive
NJ:
US $29.50 Ticket + US $10.50 Fees = US $40.00
US $65.00 Ticket + US $14.50 Fees = US $79.50

IrritatedTrout
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I'll be at the DC show.:D

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll try and be at the Chicago show but really Allstate Arena. I mean it's like 15 minutes to me but I was really thinking it'd either be at United Center or in Tinley Park since at Allstate it'll only hold around 7,000.

natureboy
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
sounds like a good show except the music/bands/crowd are probably gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Fixed

velvetgrass
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey, does anybody by chance have the presale password for the 8/15 All State Arena show? If you do could you send it to me via private message? It would mean a lot to me!

IrritatedTrout
04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Presale tomorrow, heads up. You gotta sign up for the SOAD newsletter, don't think there's a password out yet though.

detuned
04-30-2012, 07:48 PM
ATWA

IrritatedTrout
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks, I saw REVENGA on Yahoo Answers a minute ago. Could possibly be different for different shows?

detuned
04-30-2012, 08:31 PM
that was the only password mentioned in the email

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Cool, thanks for that!

smearCampaign
05-01-2012, 09:51 AM
ATWA worked for the Detroit show.

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Worked for DC too.

CaptainGrog
05-01-2012, 02:14 PM
ATWA works for Holmdel as well

detuned
06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
deftones off date in bangor maine august 10th, between mansfield and heavy MTL

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/580081_10150889545219891_1002236271_n.jpg

http://www.kahbang.com

Crionics
06-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Kinda want to go to the DC date, but don't think it will happen.

What Hell is About
06-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Will there be more dates?