PDA

View Full Version : SLAYER to release new EP

ravenheart
04-20-2012, 05:31 AM
Dave Lombardo: "We're going to do a three- or four-song EP to keep the fans pacified until we come out with the full-length record. Kind of like what we did with 'Psycopathy Red', which was like a two-song 45.

"[It sounds like] SLAYER...Traditional fans will be pacified and non-traditional fans will be like, 'Again?'"

treghet
04-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Old news, but it needed its own thread anyway.

ravenheart
04-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Old news, but it needed its own thread anyway.

I thought so. Especially as the interview with those quotes in was only posted yesterday/today :)

He also said they've got about nine news songs done for the new album. Didn't say whether the EP would come from those songs, but got to assume they will.

I just hope there are exclusive songs on the EP that won't be on the album, otherwise the EP is a complete waste of time.

treghet
04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Those quotes are from an interview that was posted last month.

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/jdaly/2012/03/an-interview-with-dave-lombardo-of-slayer-about-metal-masters-3-lawyers-and-the-art-of-groove/

So what’s happening with Slayer?
Writing new music. Kerry and I are writing new material. We have nine songs and everything’s moving forward.

What does it sound like so far?
Slayer.

So old school fans will be happy?
Traditional fans will be pacified and non-traditional fans will be like, “Again?”

Any estimation when the album could see the light of day?
I don’t know, but we’re going to do a three or four-song EP to keep the fans pacified until we come out with the full-length record. Kind of like what we did with “Psycopathy Red,” which was like a two-song 45.

ravenheart
04-20-2012, 08:17 AM
And no one really cared? Seems odd.

Sepultura69
04-20-2012, 09:02 AM
And no one really cared? Seems odd.

Probably because their last album sucked.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Probably because their last album sucked.

I respectfully disagree, sir. Sure it wasn't Seasons in the Abyss, but it was a standard Slayer album. Hell, I still listen to the title track once a week or so.

DisposableJustice
04-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking and hoping since this is being released before Mayhem Fest that they will play a new song on their set:party:

CaptainGrog
04-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Yawn. If it sounds anything like World Painted Blood I wont be interested

hellawaits77ny
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
I do hope it's an improvement over WPB, but I don't dislike the album. Definately looking forward to it.

JRA
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
"[It sounds like] SLAYER...Traditional fans will be pacified and non-traditional fans will be like, 'Again?'"

This is completely ass backwards. The traditional fans have been going "Again?" since 1994.

SomewhereInTime72
04-20-2012, 09:03 PM
:zzz: Sorry, I have no faith in new Slayer.

Crionics
04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
I still enjoy WPB, each to their own.

jhdeity
04-21-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought so. Especially as the interview with those quotes in was only posted yesterday/today :)

He also said they've got about nine news songs done for the new album. Didn't say whether the EP would come from those songs, but got to assume they will.

I just hope there are exclusive songs on the EP that won't be on the album, otherwise the EP is a complete waste of time.

This

Travis The Dragon
04-22-2012, 01:46 PM
The new Slayer may not be quite as good as the old, but I still enjoy it and at least they didn't do like Metallica, Queensryche, and Def Leppard and start to put out shitty albums. They still kept their traditional sound for the most part.

SomewhereInTime72
04-22-2012, 08:42 PM
The new Slayer may not be quite as good as the old, but I still enjoy it and at least they didn't do like Metallica, Queensryche, and Def Leppard and start to put out shitty albums. They still kept their traditional sound for the most part.

You get no credit for sticking to your traditional sound if you fucking suck at it now. :bouville:

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2012, 12:26 AM
This topic has been talked and typed to death, but if the album was only 8 songs, it could have been a lot better. Cut out 3 out of these 4 ; Unit 31, Not of This God, Americon, The Human Strain ; and the album is MUCH better.

Not that it matters, but that's what I think.

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I want more Slayer. As such, this makes me happy. SLAYERRRRRR...!!!!!

mankvill
04-23-2012, 08:56 AM
This topic has been talked and typed to death, but if the album was only 8 songs, it could have been a lot better. Cut out 3 out of these 4 ; Unit 31, Not of This God, Americon, The Human Strain ; and the album is MUCH better.

Not that it matters, but that's what I think.

Unit 731 is awesome. The only out and out offensively bad song is Americon. One of the worst Slayer songs ever recorded.

Crionics
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Unit 731 is awesome. The only out and out offensively bad song is Americon. One of the worst Slayer songs ever recorded.

This.

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I think the subject matter of the song is very interesting, but I always find myself skipping it when I play the album.