PDA

View Full Version : Volbeat/Hellyeah/Iced Earth(yes, you read that right)

Steev
04-18-2012, 10:04 AM
6/18 Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
6/19 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
6/21 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
6/23 Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
6/26 Saint Paul, MN @ Myth
6/27 Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre
6/29 Weyburn SK @ Crescent Point Place
6/30 Gibbons, AB @ Boonstock 2012
7/8 San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
7/10 Anaheim, CA @ The Grove
7/11 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
7/12 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
7/15 Colorado Springs, CO @ City Auditorium

rjturtle9
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
So, Iced Earth is opening?!

Solarian13
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
6/29 Weyburn SK @ Crescent Point Place

Seriously? I can at least understand Gibbons, AB, I suppose, since it's pretty close to Edmonton... but Weyburn has a population of 10,000 and is over 100km from the nearest major city. WTF? What a weird choice of a location for a tour like this.

anomynous
04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Volbeat is headlining, and I just have one question:

Who the hell is Volbeat?

dcmetal108
04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
NO IL! WHAT THE HELL.

I'm dying to see Volbeat.

MPF
04-18-2012, 12:55 PM
What the actual fuck?

I get the Volbeat/Iced Earth connection. That makes sense to me since they are friends. But what the fuck is Hellyeah doing on there?

That said I will be there.

Steev
04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
What the actual fuck?

I get the Volbeat/Iced Earth connection. That makes sense to me since they are friends. But what the fuck is Hellyeah doing on there?

That said I will be there.

To be honest Hellyeah made more sense to me since in the US Volbeat has been doing a lot of festivals with more hard rock/radio bands

Hoping it comes nearby though, Iced Earth and Volbeat sounds fun

Christen
04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Seriously? I can at least understand Gibbons, AB, I suppose, since it's pretty close to Edmonton... but Weyburn has a population of 10,000 and is over 100km from the nearest major city. WTF? What a weird choice of a location for a tour like this.

Doesn't make sense at all. I don't think I can remember of anything ever happening in Weyburn. I'd go see this show if it wasn't way the fuck out in the middle of no where like this. Kinda pisses me off since I had to miss Iced Earth when they were in Stoon and Volbeat was fun to see at Gigantour.

makethemsuffer12
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd hit this up if it was coming close to me. I always get a kick out of odd pairings.

ravenheart
04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
So... IE are opening for a band that's been shit since their 3rd album and has been shit live since day one, and a band that's simply been shit?

Yeah, that's worth spending time and money on.

ravenheart
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Who the hell is Volbeat?

A band whose gimmick was pretty great for 2 albums, ran out of ideas from the third one onwards, have been dull ever since but everyone woke the fuck up at that point and jumped on the bandwagon.

They're basically the Ghost of 5 years ago, picked up late.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm not gonna lie, some things you say are really amusing.

makethemsuffer12
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM

This. Especially considering he openly enjoys Fozzy.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
While that is very valid, that's not even the ticker (as I'm sure you know).

So many incorrect things were said in that statement, although my favorite was that they are the Ghost of five years ago. Even taking aside musical comparisons (which I certainly hope were never meant to be mentioned), they have such minuscule similarities. Talk about a stretch.

mastodon421
04-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I might go to this and show up late just to see Volbeat. This is definitely a big WTF lineup (the Hellyeah/Clutch pairing was a lot more confusing to me than this though).

AnthG
04-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't like Iced Earth that much...and they're the best band on the bill.

Phil709
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow, hope I can go to this. Amazing lineup. Hellyeah will probably play new songs and Volbeat is always a pleasure to see live plus I have never seen Iced Earth so this should be an amazing show.

MPF
04-19-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm very confused as to how Volbeat suck now. They haven't changed their sound at all. They sound the same as they ever have. AC/DC and Slayer have done that for decades and not many seem to mind. Why does it matter if Volbeat sounds the same?

I get not liking that style of music, but to say the first couple albums are anything better then the newest album is pretty :lol:'able, since it's the same damn album with one song containing vocals from Barney of Napalm Death

makethemsuffer12
04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
The tour is coming to The Paramount in Huntington, NY. Hopefully I can make it.

MetalIsArt
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM

He's right. Volbeat is nothing more than Load/Reload with annoying vocals. I was glad to discover I wasn't the only one who can't stand them.

MetalIsArt
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm very confused as to how Volbeat suck now. They haven't changed their sound at all. They sound the same as they ever have. AC/DC and Slayer have done that for decades and not many seem to mind. Why does it matter if Volbeat sounds the same?

I get not liking that style of music, but to say the first couple albums are anything better then the newest album is pretty :lol:'able, since it's the same damn album with one song containing vocals from Barney of Napalm Death

And because of Barney's singing it's worth buying?

MPF
04-24-2012, 02:19 PM
And because of Barney's singing it's worth buying?

I think you missed my point. Volbeat haven't sold out or done anything different then the first album. Its basically the same damn thing. Barney just sings on one song. And people on youtube who are new Volbeat fans bash the hell out of that song for that reason. It would sound just like Volbeat without him.

MPF
04-24-2012, 03:40 PM
So yeah....I just got word I'm interviewing Iced Earth at The Myth in Maplewood, MN June 26th. It will most likely be Stu, Jon, or both!

I'm on cloud motherfucking 9 right now!

makethemsuffer12
04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I think you missed my point. Volbeat haven't sold out or done anything different then the first album. Its basically the same damn thing. Barney just sings on one song. And people on youtube who are new Volbeat fans bash the hell out of that song for that reason. It would sound just like Volbeat without him.

That song is awesome. :lol: Mille from Kreator is on one of their songs, too.

Steev
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
That song is awesome. :lol: Mille from Kreator is on one of their songs, too.

So is the guitarist from Mercyful Fate(who is now in the band)

MetalIsArt
04-25-2012, 12:56 AM
So is the guitarist from Mercyful Fate(who is now in the band)

Mercyful Fate = always win. :allan:

Magson13
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Another date has been added, it could be part of a second leg of the tour

July 23rd, Norfolk, VA, The Norva