Windowpane
Burden
The Lines In My Hand
Folklore
The Grand Conjuration
DEMON OF THE FALL

Kataklysm420
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Demon of the fall is great to have in there but I wouldnt replace Deliverance for it by any means. Must have been a time issue

DementedX14
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I WANT DEMON OF THE FALL IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maideneer
04-11-2012, 05:24 PM
They had about 10 minutes left, so either rush through Deliverance, or play DOTF.

IrritatedTrout
04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Did you happen to take any pics of the merch?

Maideneer
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Did you happen to take any pics of the merch?

Grrr sorry, I didn't. I was looking at it remembering about In Flames merch, and I said to myself "should I?", and I just didn't I was in such a rush to get out of there.

Ghost had some cool shirts though, Statue Of Liberty on one, I feel like they are copying Maiden lol.

bigguytoo9
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
good ol Demon Of The Fall closing, ive seen Opeth perform that a couple times. It's always a treat! Deliverance is a sick closer as well, so either song is great.

MPF
04-11-2012, 07:38 PM
They had about 10 minutes left, so either rush through Deliverance, or play DOTF.

That's what I figured.

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I was actually a bit disappointed because I was really looking forward to Deliverance, but Demon was still cool. Mastodon were sick, as well as Ghost.

BloodoftheKings
04-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Other sets were the same as the last few shows.

Ghost:
Con Clavi Con Dio
Elizabeth
Prime Mover
Death Knell
Satan Prayer
Ritual

Mastodon:
Black Tongue
Hand Of Stone
Crystal Skull
Dry Bone Valley
Thickening
Octopus Has No Friends
Blasteroid
Stargasm
The Hunter
Crack The Skye
All The Heavy Lifting
Spectrelight
Curl Of The Burl
Bedazzled Fingernails
Aqua Dementia
Blood And Thunder
The Sparrow

Please add these sets to the original post. Just because you're a douche and you don't care about the other bands doesn't mean you should mess with the way setlists are supposed to be posted on this site. Also the title should be changed to Mastodon since they played last.

Polock91
04-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Actually, if any any of you remember, Mikael said they had rehearsed it in the back room earlier. They were planning on playing it, no time restraint.

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2012, 10:02 PM
They were planning on playing it, no time restraint.

Probably because they knew before hand that they wouldn't have enough time for Deliverance...

treghet
04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Probably because they knew before hand that they wouldn't have enough time for Deliverance...

They have rotated Demon of the Fall with Deliverance on past tours.

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
They have rotated Demon of the Fall with Deliverance on past tours.

Well it appears we got the short end of the stick, I suppose. :(

MPF
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Deliverance wasn't played only because of the NYC curfew. any other towns with a similar curfew with get Demon Of The fall as well.

jd091
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
If I got Demon instead of Deliverance, I would rage.

Maideneer
04-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Please add these sets to the original post. Just because you're a douche and you don't care about the other bands doesn't mean you should mess with the way setlists are supposed to be posted on this site. Also the title should be changed to Mastodon since they played last.

Well since you're so nice and pleasant about it. Eh, no let a mod do it if needed.

Ever occur to you that maybe I don't know the other sets? Must that be stated? I think there's a lot of people on this board who have lost all sight of what it means to come to this place and have really turned into something sort of disgraceful. There's really no need to be so damn angry about it. If it bothers you that much, report my post, have it removed, and post the entire thing yourself should you be feeling competitive.

If you're being sarcastic, you're not very good at it. I know now why I've promised myself that I almost refuse to meet anyone in person on this board I think I've met 2 in what 7 years? No point. I really don't need the hassle.

VoidFlame
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
DEMON OF THE FALL

:bigfinger

DrPogo
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Well since you're so nice and pleasant about it. Eh, no let a mod do it if needed.

Ever occur to you that maybe I don't know the other sets? Must that be stated? I think there's a lot of people on this board who have lost all sight of what it means to come to this place and have really turned into something sort of disgraceful. There's really no need to be so damn angry about it. If it bothers you that much, report my post, have it removed, and post the entire thing yourself should you be feeling competitive.

If you're being sarcastic, you're not very good at it. I know now why I've promised myself that I almost refuse to meet anyone in person on this board I think I've met 2 in what 7 years? No point. I really don't need the hassle.

Did we really have that bad of a time at In Flames?

ShatteredFlame
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM

Yeah cause he really didn't already politely post the setlists in his post, in which you deleted when you quoted him. :tp:

Maideneer
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Did we really have that bad of a time at In Flames?

Nah not you dude :), sorry, you're awesome.

Maideneer
04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah cause he really didn't already politely post the setlists in his post, in which you deleted when you quoted him. :tp:

Out of context. It was followed up by "you're a douche because you didn't post the things I just posted".

ERRONEOUS!
http://12.media.tumblr.com/kauPwp3G7q1nnuhryXOODcyyo1_500.png

DrPogo
04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Nah not you dude :), sorry, you're awesome.

Lol ok good shit, you too. Do them Maiden shows together? Only one im not doing is

LIVEtoROCK86
04-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Demon of the fall is great to have in there but I wouldnt replace Deliverance for it by any means. Must have been a time issue

Maybe they just felt like playing something different. Wouldn't you get tired of playing the same 9 songs for a whole tour? Demon Of The Fall hasn't been played since 2010 and Deliverance is played at almost every show. I'll take Demon over Deliverance for sure.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I just realized that I've been an Opeth fan for four years now, and I've never listened to Demon of the Fall...I feel like a fraud.

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Out of context. It was followed up by "you're a douche because you didn't post the things I just posted".

You're being a douche because when you made this thread you just completely ignored the other bands because you're not a fan of them. If you don't know the Mastodon and Ghost sets that's fine, but instead of mentioning that someone else should post them you completely ignore everything else and just post what you care about.

larvtard
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
You're being a douche because when you made this thread you just completely ignored the other bands because you're not a fan of them. If you don't know the Mastodon and Ghost sets that's fine, but instead of mentioning that someone else should post them you completely ignore everything else and just post what you care about.

Lol chill out donny :lol: You can post your own thread...

Maideneer
04-12-2012, 11:16 AM

I'm the douche and yet you refer to your location as "Strong Island". Way to go, J-Woww.

Tell you what Vinnie Boombatz, it's crap like this that destroys message boards and human relations in general. Strict adherence to a set of "rules" that don't make a lick of difference in the real world. You're setting the price of admission into geek club, that's how far down this has descended.

Get over your goddamn format troubles, is that possible? Or are you on the rag again this month?

It's a real shame that I have to live on the same land mass as you. You're a reminder of why I can't wait to leave this place someday. You always manage to come barreling out of nowhere just in time for the kill, like a retarded lion going after the wrong piece of meat on the carcass.

Good lord, if you don't like something someone does, do it yourself. Was that ever taught to you, or has unionized public education inflicted itself upon you too?

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM

I'm the douche and yet you refer to your location as "Strong Island". Way to go, J-Woww.

Tell you what Vinnie Boombatz, it's crap like this that destroys message boards and human relations in general. Strict adherence to a set of "rules" that don't make a lick of difference in the real world. You're setting the price of admission into geek club, that's how far down this has descended.

Get over your goddamn format troubles, is that possible? Or are you on the rag again this month?

It's a real shame that I have to live on the same land mass as you. You're a reminder of why I can't wait to leave this place someday. You always manage to come barreling out of nowhere just in time for the kill, like a retarded lion going after the wrong piece of meat on the carcass.

Good lord, if you don't like something someone does, do it yourself. Was that ever taught to you, or has unionized public education inflicted itself upon you too?

lol u both mad

Maideneer
04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Yea kinda mad, even though I shouldn't be, not worth it. But I feel like almost everytime I come here, it's some other put down being piled on that I have to return serve for. Eh, the hell with it, it's probably best if I just tune all this out.

ShatteredFlame
04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm just glad this place is not the last.fm Opeth shoutbox (http://www.last.fm/music/Opeth/+shoutbox). Arguably one of the worst pages on the internet.

street_burial
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vVFRwfL4Cvw/TTIx1NEKHSI/AAAAAAAAAJw/wM9AAMCANNQ/s1600/butthurt_report_form.jpg

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Gt9bB.jpg

elturtleboy
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
http://pawsru.org/m/src/m54461_We-get-it-Youre-butt-hurt.jpg

kommie
04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I've never heard Deliverance, and I can guarantee Demon of the Fall is better.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM

That's nice.

jd091
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM

:lol: You made a joke, right?

DementedX14
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm just glad this place is not the last.fm Opeth shoutbox (http://www.last.fm/music/Opeth/+shoutbox). Arguably one of the worst pages on the internet.

That shoutbox along with the Dream Theater shoutbox is full with trolls.

kommie
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
:lol: You made a joke, right?

Wait a minute, I have Deliverance mixed up with Damnation. Never listened to Damnation.

Kataklysm420
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe they just felt like playing something different. Wouldn't you get tired of playing the same 9 songs for a whole tour? Demon Of The Fall hasn't been played since 2010 and Deliverance is played at almost every show. I'll take Demon over Deliverance for sure.

Apparently they don't get tired of playing the same songs since TGC never seems to leave the setlist, they usually do a good job of switching setlists up but I mean when was the last time Advent was played? They have so much stellar material that never gets played. I've also seem DOTF 4 times now so I can do without it if my options were that or Deliverance.

treghet
04-12-2012, 06:21 PM
That was one of the most retarded arguments we've had here in a while.

girnny777
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Apparently they don't get tired of playing the same songs since TGC never seems to leave the setlist, they usually do a good job of switching setlists up but I mean when was the last time Advent was played? They have so much stellar material that never gets played. I've also seem DOTF 4 times now so I can do without it if my options were that or Deliverance.

Advent was played in 2010 for the Blackwater Park Anniversary shows. As for The Grand Conjuration, this was the first time I've seen them play it and it was my fourth time seeing Opeth. Coincidentally, I've never seen them play Demon Of The Fall

Kataklysm420
04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Advent was played in 2010 for the Blackwater Park Anniversary shows. As for The Grand Conjuration, this was the first time I've seen them play it and it was my fourth time seeing Opeth. Coincidentally, I've never seen them play Demon Of The Fall

That tour didn't come around here so I didn't know that, that's even more dissapointing now though. This will be my 6th time seeing Opeth and I swear TGC has been on every setlist thus far, Odd you haven't seen Demon Of The Fall though. It would just be nice to have more variance and include songs from the first few albums. Would die to see In Mist She Was Standing

girnny777
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
That tour didn't come around here so I didn't know that, that's even more dissapointing now though. This will be my 6th time seeing Opeth and I swear TGC has been on every setlist thus far, Odd you haven't seen Demon Of The Fall though. It would just be nice to have more variance and include songs from the first few albums. Would die to see In Mist She Was Standing

I know what you mean, the only time I've seen them play anything pre-BP was... the BP anniversary show.

es156
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM

You need to relax. Who cares if he doesn't know the other sets? If you want to post them all you can create your own thread. There is no rule that there can be only one thread per show. And there is no rule that you have to know the sets from every band before you can post a thread. If I had gone to this tour I would have posted the Mastodon set and not the other two because I don't listen to them.

So chill.

:tp:

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
You need to relax. Who cares if he doesn't know the other sets? If you want to post them all you can create your own thread. There is no rule that there can be only one thread per show. And there is no rule that you have to know the sets from every band before you can post a thread. If I had gone to this tour I would have posted the Mastodon set and not the other two because I don't listen to them.

So chill.

:tp:

Maybe I was getting my panties in a bunch about nothing but I think if anybody needs to chill it's the guy saying he's ashamed to live in New York because someone he has never met in real life has a gripe with the way he posted a setlist.

jd091
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
...what happened to this thread? :lol:

Deliverance is still better than Demon! :D

DrPogo
04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Maybe I was getting my panties in a bunch about nothing but I think if anybody needs to chill it's the guy saying he's ashamed to live in New York because someone he has never met in real life has a gripe with the way he posted a setlist.

That's one way to twist what he said into something you could use against him; or you could think about how he was responding toward your name calling and seriously unwaranted hostility over a setlist. A setlist, man.

When someone posts a partial festival setlist, do you lose your shit and accuse them of not giving a shit about every band there? Do you call them names and insult their musical knowledge?

What if the festival was a European festival with some alternative metal/hard rock bands there? If HE HAD posted a setlist for one of them, you'd probably call him names and insult him as well.

Then again, die hard Manowar fans do tend to get militant about useless shit.

Steve, just picture this guy in his underwear and bearskin draped on his shoulders in front of his mirror with his $68.99 broadsword chanting some Manowar interludes. You'll forget all about his bullshit.
Then again,

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Steve, just picture this guy in his underwear and bearskin draped on his shoulders in front of his mirror with his $68.99 broadsword chanting some Manowar interludes. You'll forget all about his bullshit.
Then again,

Are you spying on me? That's exactly what I do every night before I go to bed.

Wimps and posers leave the hall.

ShatteredFlame
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Deliverance is still better than Demon! :D

nah

makethemsuffer12
04-13-2012, 05:18 AM
nah

:finger2:

Both songs are killer, but when you are stoked as fuck for Deliverance, Demon doesn't exactly cut it. 'Twas still great, though.

SomewhereInTime72
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Demon of the fucking fall.... instead of Deliverance. Not what I would like to have seen swapped out for it but.... dang that is cool. Too bad I'm too destitute to have gone to this. :bouville:

Rocco44
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I just realized that I've been an Opeth fan for four years now, and I've never listened to Demon of the Fall...I feel like a fraud.

Listen to My Arms, Your Hearse right now. Their best album imo

jd091
04-13-2012, 06:11 PM

*trying to prevent my butt from inevitable hurt*

Everything Opeth has done is fucking excellent. We had some thread a while ago where we all voted on our favorite albums; I'm pretty sure the consensus is Blackwater (including me).

DrPogo
04-13-2012, 08:16 PM

Good to see another Breaking Bad fan.

I could talk for DAYS about it.

jd091
04-13-2012, 09:03 PM

Seriously though, spoiler alert! Amirite?

Rocco44
04-13-2012, 10:53 PM
*trying to prevent my butt from inevitable hurt*

Everything Opeth has done is fucking excellent. We had some thread a while ago where we all voted on our favorite albums; I'm pretty sure the consensus is Blackwater (including me).
Haha. But yeah Opeth doesn't have any bad albums. Blackwater Park is probably a close second for me and I wouldn't argue against Still Life or Morningrise either.

For sure. My favorite show of all time.