PDA

View Full Version : La Dispute or Touche Amore

larvtard
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I love both bands obviously but in my eyes La Dispute are a more mature band and they portray emotion much more effectively in their music. Touche Amore is much more easily digestible, which I dig, but I think Jordan Dreyer is more genuine in his lyrics than is Jeremy Bolm.

Honestly I have to give a big -1 to Touche just because of this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsbrcRMBsks). Stop screaming over a piano, ya doofus. It's not necessary.
Otherwise, they're golden.

*also in my opinion the two bands don't sound that much alike, but they are the two most popular "new wave of screamo" acts and are, consequently, always compared in such a fashion*

ShatteredFlame
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
They honestly don't really sound that similar and I don't really get why people like comparing them so much. I think Pianos Become the Teeth vs. La Dispute is a better comparison, or even Defeater.

For me La Dispute sound too emotional and I really have to be in this depressive mood like I wanna ruin my day in order to listen to them. If I'm not in the mood then they can be pretty annoying to be honest. My favorite song by them is How I Feel which is probably their most straightforward hardcore song.

Touche Amore I could listen to for hours on end.

mankvill
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Touche 100000x over. La Dispute is good, but Touche is unfuckwithable.

and fuck off logan, that song rules.

treghet
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd like La Dispute more if it wasn't for the vocals. They're just too depressing and whiny sounding. Touche Amore appeals much more to me.

BloodoftheKings
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Probably Touche. I like the lyrics and musicianship in LD more but as Shattered said they're very depressing.

Triggz
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Touche Amore definitely. Both put on an amazing live show, but Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me is un-fucking-believable.

Triggz
04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
And Condolences is fucking incredible. Funny story about that one.

Touche scheduled an on-campus show last November, so in the weeks leading up to it, I listened to PTSBBAM, and Condolences stuck out to me the most. I memorized all the words (which aren't many), and found myself practically screaming it in my room when I played it. And dat piano... stuck in my head like none other for three weeks prior to the show.

Well the show finally came around and I was up on the concrete ledge where the pianist was. I was just staring at his piano and suddenly he started playing the intro to Condolences. That moment has stuck in my mind ever since. Great fucking time.

One of the photos I took moments before they started playing it:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/166945_10150367414577620_558252619_8531645_9776527 41_n.jpg

brutal_descent
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Would personally choose La Dispute over Touche Amore.

ravenheart
04-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Neither. Le Temps Detruit Tout all the way.

mastodon421
04-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Touche Amore easily. I don't really think La Dispute is anything special, way too somber for my tastes.

larvtard
04-12-2012, 10:10 AM
somber
depressing
depressing
depressive

I GET IT

:tp:

mankvill
04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
to me, la dispute is kind of like babby's first emotional band

larvtard
04-12-2012, 08:31 PM

You also could've just said "I'm not in touch with my inner emotions" and saved yourself embarrassment from that completely idiotic opinion ;)

I like Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me more than any of La Dispute's albums, but La Dispute's good songs are at least 10x better than Touche Amore's good songs. It's sort of like a Reign in Blood vs. South of Heaven argument, I guess. PTSBBAM flows incredibly well and is is incredibly consistent, but La Dispute simply write better songs.

mankvill
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
You also could've just said "I'm not in touch with my inner emotions" and saved yourself embarrassment from that completely idiotic opinion ;)

I like Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me more than any of La Dispute's albums, but La Dispute's good songs are at least 10x better than Touche Amore's good songs. It's sort of like a Reign in Blood vs. South of Heaven argument, I guess. PTSBBAM flows incredibly well and is is incredibly consistent, but La Dispute simply write better songs.

wut

I don't need to pour my heart out into a LiveJournal to be in touch with my inner emotions. I did that when I was 14, and I wasn't in touch with them then, either.

larvtard
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
wut

I don't need to pour my heart out into a LiveJournal to be in touch with my inner emotions. I did that when I was 14, and I wasn't in touch with them then, either.

:confused: Cool?

I wasn't being serious, anyway. Hence the wink. :tp:

"Baby's first emotional band"... You got the wrong band, apparently, or you're not listening hard enough.

mankvill
04-12-2012, 10:40 PM
:confused: Cool?

I wasn't being serious, anyway. Hence the wink. :tp:

"Baby's first emotional band"... You got the wrong band, apparently, or you're not listening hard enough.

I think you're a babby :mad:

Nick_to_the_face
04-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Toucche Amore is a million billion times better

kalfitegrdan
04-13-2012, 04:19 AM
I don't know who either of those bands are, but I'm gonna have to go with South of Heaven on this one. ;)

ShatteredFlame
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Nah La Dispute are a great band really. It's either Defeater or Make Do And Mend that hold that title.

jd091
04-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Nah La Dispute are a great band really. It's either Defeater or Make Do And Mend that hold that title.

Troof. Anyway, I like Touché more, just because I've listened to 'em more. La Dispute are leaps and bounds better than Defeater.

powerslave_85
04-13-2012, 08:03 PM
These are two different bands? :confused:

;)