PDA

View Full Version : River's Edge Music Festival (Minneapolis)

MPF
04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Tool
Dave Mathews Band
The Flaming Lips
Puscifer
Coheed and Cambria
Diplo
Brand New
Delta Spirit
Scissor Sisters
Polica
Kinky
Mexican Institute of Sound
Motion City Soundtrack
Mutemath
Gardens & Villa
Kids These Days
K-flay
An Horse
Yuna
Civil Twilight

New festival alert! The River’s Edge Music Festival will take place June 23-24th at Harriet Island in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Dave Matthews Band and Tool headline the inaugural bill and they’ll be joined by The Flaming Lips, Puscifer, Coheed and Cambria, Diplo, and Brand New.

Also playing are Delta Spirit, Scissor Sisters, Polica, Kinky, Mexican Institute of Sound, Motion City Soundtrack, Mutemath, Gardens & Villa, Kids These Days, K-flay, An Horse, Yuna, and Civil Twilight.

This will also be known as Hipster/Hippie Jam Band Fest 2012. I figured I would post this since I made the Tool thread a couple days ago, and there was at least a couple more bands people would like.

The only band I'm interested in is Mutemath. :eyes:

brutal_descent
04-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Tool
The Flaming Lips
Puscifer
Coheed and Cambria
Brand New
Scissor Sisters

Would be enough for me to go. Brand New = :drool: :drool: :drool:

mankvill
04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
So...The Flaming Lips...and...um....hmm....

MPF
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
To anyone from Minnesota who read's this...

Isn't funny how this is called River's Edge Music Festival and it's NOT in Somerset, Wisconsin? :lol:

*To those not from Minnesota, River's Edge is where Float Rite Park Amplitheater is, which is no home to only country festivals*

Natrlhi
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
The only band I'm interested in is Mutemath. :eyes:> is a drummer
> has no interest in Tool

DOES NOT COMPUTE

dcmetal108
04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
So...The Flaming Lips...and...um....hmm....

This. Only one band I'd actually want to see.

MPF
04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
> is a drummer
> has no interest in Tool

DOES NOT COMPUTE

I like Tool but only a casual fan. I'll be ok if I never see them live.

Plus with tickets being $120. I'll still be ok.

Natrlhi
04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Well to be honest, Danny Carey is only one of several reasons to see them live, but still. That surprises me.

Their live shows really are legendary, though - but to each his own, I guess.

Tickets prices for them - festival or not - are typically jacked up, though...that's for sure.

street_burial
04-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Tool
Dave Mathews Band
The Flaming Lips
Puscifer
Mutemath
Civil Twilight

do want.

MPF
04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Well to be honest, Danny Carey is only one of several reasons to see them live, but still. That surprises me.

Their live shows really are legendary, though - but to each his own, I guess.

Tickets prices for them - festival or not - are typically jacked up, though...that's for sure.

Danny Carey is good, I will give him that. I just guess I was never really that inspired by him. :eyes:

do want.

I don't remember, is this when you'll be in St. Cloud?

street_burial
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't remember, is this when you'll be in St. Cloud?

no :snivel:

christopher
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
That's weird that Tool and Puscifer are playing a festival together. Why don't they just add APC haha

masterguy49
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
That's weird that Tool and Puscifer are playing a festival together. Why don't they just add APC haha

Yeah that way they can just take out the bands' names on the flyer and put "Marynard and Friends" at the top

Cross Face Chicken Wing
04-06-2012, 05:19 AM
I like Tool but only a casual fan. I'll be ok if I never see them live.

Plus with tickets being $120. I'll still be ok.

I thought I saw tix were only $90 for both days if you buy before April 20?

Also, funny story about Float Rite in Somerset. I could never figure out why Ozzfest quit going there because every time it came through, it drew 30,000-40,000 people. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and apparently he used to work security for shows at Float Rite. He said Sharon Osbourne and the other Ozzfest people ran a really tight ship and got pissed every year at the number of people that were on the guest list whenever Ozzfest came through Float Rite. The Float Rite owners basically told her to piss off because she makes piles of money at the Somerset stop and she shouldn't get all worked up about a few of the owner's friends being on the guest list.

Sharon disagreed and flew off the handle one year, even threatening to pull Ozzy off the stage at one point. After that, Ozzfest never came back to Somerset and the venue died a slow death.

MPF
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I thought I saw tix were only $90 for both days if you buy before April 20?

Also, funny story about Float Rite in Somerset. I could never figure out why Ozzfest quit going there because every time it came through, it drew 30,000-40,000 people. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and apparently he used to work security for shows at Float Rite. He said Sharon Osbourne and the other Ozzfest people ran a really tight ship and got pissed every year at the number of people that were on the guest list whenever Ozzfest came through Float Rite. The Float Rite owners basically told her to piss off because she makes piles of money at the Somerset stop and she shouldn't get all worked up about a few of the owner's friends being on the guest list.

Sharon disagreed and flew off the handle one year, even threatening to pull Ozzy off the stage at one point. After that, Ozzfest never came back to Somerset and the venue died a slow death.

All the more reason to hate Sharon :lol:

Also somerset said Rock shows were too violent, which helped in the death. Although Drunken Country Hick Fest is much more violent.