PDA

View Full Version : Lol and the band inducting GNR into the HOF is...

300%_Density
04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Haha Green fuckin Day. Please...

According to Rolling Stone, GREEN DAY will deliver GUNS N' ROSES' induction speech when the legendary California rockers are inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172188

AnthG
04-03-2012, 07:53 PM
First off: Green Day > Guns n Roses. I don't care what anyone says.

Second: Who did people expect them to choose? They always go for popular artists who have name recognition. In fact i'm surprised they didn't do the obvious and pick a band like Avenged Sevenfold or something. Hell, for all we know Green Day could have been influenced quite a bit by GnR.

Sepultura69
04-03-2012, 07:56 PM
First off: Green Day > Guns n Roses. I don't care what anyone says.

inb4Ravenheart

BloodoftheKings
04-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't get why this angers you.

And Green Day > GNR any day of the week.

mankvill
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Green Day can cover GnR, so I don't see why not.

300%_Density
04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
If it was A7X or even shitty Buckcherry I can at least see that but I don't get this. I never said I was angry about this. The GD > GNR is laughable.

BloodoftheKings
04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
The GD > GNR is laughable.

GNR getting into the hall of fame is laughable.

Sepultura69
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
GNR getting into the hall of fame is laughable.

INB4RAVENHEART :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

uh oh....OH NO HE DEH INT..Did he...

Yes folks...yes he did...

History has been made. :dance:

elturtleboy
04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Billie Joe doesn't cry like a bitch when people throw shit at him. I had no problem them opening for The Ramones when they got inducted. I do find it strange tho. Even do I really love Appetite, Green Day> Guns N' Roses.

mankvill
04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Billie Joe doesn't cry like a bitch when people throw shit at him. I had no problem them opening for The Ramones when they got inducted. I do find it strange tho. Even do I really love Appetite, Green Day> Guns N' Roses.

:fist:

300%_Density
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
How easy it is to use the STL incident as a reference point. Was it a dick move? Absolutely. Were there other issues? Yes. Rock stars do shit all the time. That's part of what makes them rock stars.

I don't see Danzig constantly bitched at even though because of a small fight you can't even bring a cell phone into a Danzig show. Or refusing to play a show because a stage that's "too small". The Trapped Under Ice frontman can assault a fan & break his jaw @ a hardcore show (accident or not it was a hardcore show). Not saying he qualifies as rockstar but I'm sure you get my point. You could fill books full of shit that's been pulled by bands.

A lot of us can't get over GNR since Slash left. That is pushing what 20 years ago? Yes Chinese Democracy was a letdown & Axl is to blame. Flame on if you will but I'll take Chinese Democracy over anything post Dookie any day. The current GNR band is just as competent as the old band. Not saying they are HOF worthy is absurd. From Appetite to Illusions they were possibly THE biggest band in the world. Let's go ahead & take Sabbath, Metallica, Cream, Hendrix out as well.

End/Rant

xskizzelzx90x
04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
And Green Day > GNR any day of the week.

:rocker:
I dont care what anyone says, I fucking love green day.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
They should have manned up and played the show. I'm sure they would have had a suitable person/band to induct the band (Alice Cooper/Rolling Stones/Metallica/Sabbath).

I think its a perfect ending to what could have been a cool thing. The RNRHOF is putting as much effort and importance on the GNR inductions as Axl has.

HAHA

:D

MetalIsArt
04-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Green Day > current "GNR" fronted by a big fat crybaby.

elturtleboy
04-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Danzig still makes good music. Nuff said.

ravenheart
04-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Now what's going on?

AnthG
04-04-2012, 04:29 AM
How easy it is to use the STL incident as a reference point. Was it a dick move? Absolutely. Were there other issues? Yes. Rock stars do shit all the time. That's part of what makes them rock stars.

I don't see Danzig constantly bitched at even though because of a small fight you can't even bring a cell phone into a Danzig show. Or refusing to play a show because a stage that's "too small". The Trapped Under Ice frontman can assault a fan & break his jaw @ a hardcore show (accident or not it was a hardcore show). Not saying he qualifies as rockstar but I'm sure you get my point. You could fill books full of shit that's been pulled by bands.

Hey, listen, that totally sucks for those people as well, but we were specifically talking about Axl vs. Billy Joe. Just because other random rock musicians who do stupid shit weren't getting criticized in this thread or ever doesn't mean Axl Rose doesn't deserve to be criticized either. I mean, there are tons of murders that go unsolved every year, and others where the perpetrator is let off the hook. Doesn't mean when you do catch one that the murderer shouldn't be punished accordingly.

MetalIsArt
04-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Now what's going on?

Ron Thal has a new guitar.

ShatteredFlame
04-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I don't see Danzig constantly bitched at even though because of a small fight you can't even bring a cell phone into a Danzig show. Or refusing to play a show because a stage that's "too small".

Where have you been? :lol:

TheDeadPanda
04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Does anyone else hate green day besides me?

marker
04-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Green Day>Gnr
Green Day is great, and they play 3 hour sets. Gotta see them again.

300%_Density
04-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Green Day>Gnr
Green Day is great, and they play 3 hour sets. Gotta see them again.

Riiiiiight. And GNR doesn't. You might reference that.

ravenheart
04-04-2012, 08:09 AM

No. It's definitely not just you.

ravenheart
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Ron Thal has a new guitar.

If it's not shaped like a foot with wings, I'm not interested.

DementedX14
04-04-2012, 08:57 AM

I used to like them before American Idiot, after that album I wish they would just go away. Dookie is still a great album.

AnthG
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM

It was pretty fashionable to hate them during the American Idiot era. Can't say I blame a lot of people who did. Boulevard of Broken dreams and Wake me up when september ends were both ridiculously overplayed, and there was them wearing eye-liner and all that stuff, so the hate on them for that is easy for even a fan to understand. The music was still good, albeit different. The non-singles on American Idiot are good stuff. I do like the pre-Warning stuff better though.

natureboy
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
No. It's definitely not just you.

Count me in.

TheDeadPanda
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
It was pretty fashionable to hate them during the American Idiot era. Can't say I blame a lot of people who did. Boulevard of Broken dreams and Wake me up when september ends were both ridiculously overplayed, and there was them wearing eye-liner and all that stuff, so the hate on them for that is easy for even a fan to understand. The music was still good, albeit different. The non-singles on American Idiot are good stuff. I do like the pre-Warning stuff better though.

Yeah...my friend bought that album and blasted it on repeat all day and thought it was the best album ever. Hated them ever since.

The_jman
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I like green day, probably more than gnr honestly.

MetalIsArt
04-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I used to like them before American Idiot, after that album I wish they would just go away. Dookie is still a great album.

So, sometimes you give yourself the creeps? :tongue::rocker: