ShatteredFlame
04-03-2012, 07:09 AM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music2/riotfesteast2012.jpg

Steev
04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Posted in the thread about Refused touring, sounds like a good time

street_burial
04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
I already have plans on day 1. So I'm hoping the line-ups for day 2 and 3 will make me want to drive up to Philly.

Steev
04-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I already have plans on day 1. So I'm hoping the line-ups for day 2 and 3 will make me want to drive up to Philly.

Hoping so, cool venue never the less

One of my all time favorite shows was the 1st Sounds Of The Underground at Penn's Landing

street_burial
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
http://rftest.jeffne.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RFChicagoPoster_wSponsors_web.jpg

the better Riot Fest

brutal_descent
05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
http://rftest.jeffne.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/RFChicagoPoster_wSponsors_web.jpg

the better Riot Fest

>The Stooges
>The Offspring
>ADTR
>Coheed and Cambria
>Descendents
>Gogol Bordello
>NOFX
>GWAR
>August Burns Red
>Less Than Jake
>A Wilhelm Scream
>Screaming Females
>The Story So Far
>Japanther

:rocker: :rocker:

mankvill
05-14-2012, 10:47 PM
>Elvis Costello

what

and maybe if we're lucky, chiodos will get caught in a venue fire or something

kalfitegrdan
05-14-2012, 11:40 PM
>Elvis Costello

what

:lol: I didn't even see their name on there. Oh man, we can only hope.

elturtleboy
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Slapstick is back?

mastodon421
05-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Holy shit that lineup is awesome. Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Dropkick Murphys, August Burns Red, Descendants, The Story So Far, GWAR, The Offspring, A Day To Remember, Alkaline Trio, Off With Their Heads :drool:

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2012, 04:35 AM
That's a sick lineup but seeing that Descendents, Gogol Bordello, Dropkick Murpheys, and NOFX are all billed under ADTR really rustles my jimmies.

Steev
05-15-2012, 04:56 AM
That's a sick lineup but seeing that Descendents, Gogol Bordello, Dropkick Murpheys, and NOFX are all billed under ADTR really rustles my jimmies.

this festival takes place over several days and venues in Chicago, so those bands might not even be on the same bill

stylesclash516
05-15-2012, 06:04 AM
That's a pretty good line-up, although I thoroughly hate ADTR.

kalfitegrdan
05-15-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm pretty pissed that one of the two days that I would be able to go is on the same day as Kreator. :bouville:

slapguitarer
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM

But they're the best band on the line-up.

mankvill
05-15-2012, 04:44 PM

http://i.qkme.me/35tysb.jpg

brutal_descent
05-16-2012, 04:47 AM

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm::hmm: :hmm:

dcmetal108
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
So from what I understand is that this year there will be a show at Congress Theater but the rest will be a huge all day festival.

jd091
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I got a 2-day pass the second I saw this; only $40 after fees, but that option is sold out, it's around $55 now. That doesn't include the Congress show on Friday night, so I wonder what bands are playing then.

Pretty pumped about this lineup for the most part! Gonna be fun. And I love how the Story So Far is thrown in for no good reason. :lovedup:

dcmetal108
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I love how GWAR is randomly thrown in there haha.

BloodoftheKings
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I love how GWAR is randomly thrown in there haha.

It's not that random. In the past few years GWAR has played Bonnarro, Bamboozle, and The Gathering of the Juggalos so it doesn't surprise me when they play generally non-metal festivals.

If anything Elvis Costello is the most random thing here.

dcmetal108
05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
HOLY SHIT!

Looking on Riot Fests site it says that for Chiodos it will be their one and only reunion show! That means Creig Owens on vocals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

natureboy
06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
First up is the return of Riot Fest to Philadelphia on July 19 at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing. We’ll be bringing Refused, The Promise Ring, Off!, Gameface, Boysetsfire and Hirs there for a massive day of tunes and cheesesteak sandwiches. Tickets are on sale now!

After that is Riot Fest Brooklyn, going down September 8 in Williamsburg Park with Gogol Bordello, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, Screaming Females, The Menzingers and Larry and His Flask. Tickets for that go on sale soon and when they do you can head to the Best Buy Theater and Sound Fix Records to get them without service fees.

Next up is our first international Riot Fest, happening September 9 in beautiful Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We’re super excited to bring the Descendents, NOFX, Fucked Up, Hot Water Music, Andrew WK, Less Than Jake, The Lawrence Arms, Mockingbird Wish Me Luck, Organ Thieves and Junior Battles to the Fort York: Garrison Commons for a raging day of music.

Finally, we have our entry into the South with Riot Fest Dallas. On September 22 you’re going to want to be at the Gexa Energy Pavilion to see Rise Against, Descendents, NOFX, The Gaslight Anthem, Andrew WK, Less Than Jake, The Sword, Municipal Waste, Teenage Bottlerocket, Off With Their Heads, Not in The Face, Power Trip, The News Can’t Wait, Fever Dreamer, Modern Pain and Great White Buffalo. Then we’ll all go out for some great Texas BBQ and everyone will be satiated.

BloodoftheKings
06-12-2012, 06:29 AM
After that is Riot Fest Brooklyn, going down September 8 in Williamsburg Park with Gogol Bordello, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Bronx, Screaming Females, The Menzingers and Larry and His Flask. Tickets for that go on sale soon and when they do you can head to the Best Buy Theater and Sound Fix Records to get them without service fees.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESHOLYSHITYES!!!!!!

I was scared that after I missed the NYC show last year that I might never get another chance to see Descendents. GB and the other bands are pretty good too.

ShatteredFlame
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Fucking awesome! Will definitely go!

powerslave_85
06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Very seriously considering going to the Brooklyn one.

detuned
07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Riot Fest East 2012, scheduled for Thursday, July 19 at Festival Pier in Philadelphia, PA has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Refunds will be available at point of purchase. We are truly sorry for those of you who were planning on coming out. This one hurts, but, a rescheduled show is in the works. More information about the new date will be made available soon.
http://www.riotfest.org/riot-fest-east-is-postponed/