PDA

View Full Version : Paganfest USA -- Baltimore, MD -- March 29th, 2012

tenchimyo
03-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Went to see PAGANFEST USA last night at SONAR in BALTIMORE. Updates to come as I have no clue as to the names of the Arkona songs and work beckons at this moment.

Huntress

?
?
Radia
Spelleater
8 of Swords

Arkona

Pokrovy Nebesnogo Startsa
Goi, Rode, Goi
Yarilo
Stenku Na Stenku
?
?

Alestorm

8bit intro
Shipwrecked
Wenches and Mead
Sunken Norweigen
Nancy the Tavern Wench
Back Thru Time
Keelhauled
Midget Saw
Rum

Turisas

Intro
The March of the Varangian Guard
Take the Day
To Holmgard and Beyond
Violin Break
The Dnieper Rapids
One More
The Great Escape
Violin interlude 2
Five Hundred and one
Rex Regi Rebellis (finish version)
Hunting Pirates
Stand Up and Fight
Battle Metal

kalfitegrdan
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Arkona

Az'
?
Stenka Na Stenku
?

4 songs!?!?!?!?! DISAPPOINTMENT!

tenchimyo
03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
4 songs!?!?!?!?! DISAPPOINTMENT!

well mighta been like 5. I need to corroborate with another person, cause I could only mostly pick number of songs by them. They played like...25 minutes

Epidemic Reign
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Really wish Turisas weren't headlining this.

Not that I don't like them, it's just that there are countless Pagan-themed bands that could pull out far better headlining sets. Including Arkona.

tenchimyo
03-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Really wish Turisas weren't headlining this.

Not that I don't like them, it's just that there are countless Pagan-themed bands that could pull out far better headlining sets. Including Arkona.

I'm assuming Turisas is bigger than Arkona, more drawing power (allegedly) which got them the top spot?

kommie
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Watch out for Omar.

MPF
03-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I honestly thought Alestorm was a bigger name then Turisas in the States, but maybe that Cradle Of Filth tour they did last year got Turisas got them recognition?

Regardless, I will be enjoying this a week from today.

kalfitegrdan
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Not that I don't like Turisas, but I seriously wish they weren't on this so Arkona and Alestorm could get longer sets.

Spiner202
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Not that I don't like Turisas, but I seriously wish they weren't on this so Arkona and Alestorm could get longer sets.

Agreed. I'm only really going for Alestorm, although Huntress is definitely a bonus.

Does anyone know if Huntress is selling their new album? I guess one month in advance is a bit early for that.

MPF
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Agreed. I'm only really going for Alestorm, although Huntress is definitely a bonus.

Does anyone know if Huntress is selling their new album? I guess one month in advance is a bit early for that.

Since I am interviewing them a week from tonight, I did ask ahead of time. Sadly they are not. :(

tenchimyo
03-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Since I am interviewing them a week from tonight, I did ask ahead of time. Sadly they are not. :(

Yeah its not out until ...May 8th? They were selling a few different t shirts tho

John The Drummer
03-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I can't wait for Turisas, amazing band, same with Arkona, they were great at the Korpiklaani show. I'm tired of Alestorm, but at least they're fun.