PDA

View Full Version : Sonisphere Cancelled

street_burial
03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
It is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012.
Putting the festival together in what is proving to be a very challenging year was more difficult than we anticipated and we have spent the last few months fighting hard to keep Sonisphere in the calendar. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that we would be unable to run the festival to a standard that both the artists and that Sonisphere’s audience would rightly expect.
We want to express our deepest regrets to the artists and to thank all the staff, suppliers and contractors who worked so hard with us to try and pull off what has proven to be an impossible task and we know how much they share in our disappointment. We also want to send a huge thanks to the Sonisphere fans who stuck by us and we are so sorry that we can’t fulfil what we set out to do.
Ticket holders will automatically receive a full refund direct from their ticket agents.
Team Sonisphere.

Rocco44
03-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Bummer, I seem to remember that lineup was pretty solid.

MetalIsArt
03-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Queen should call it day and release one final album with Freddie.

Maybe now Kiss will visit Graspop? :light:

TheClairvoyant
03-30-2012, 01:27 AM
It was most likely due to poor ticket sales, everybody I know wasn't going to sonisphere this year, even though I wanted to just to catch FNM and Mastodon, but other then that, the line up was very very weak.

MetalIsArt
03-30-2012, 01:33 AM
It was most likely due to poor ticket sales, everybody I know wasn't going to sonisphere this year, even though I wanted to just to catch FNM and Mastodon, but other then that, the line up was very very weak.

You'd pay lots of money because of Mastodon? Seriously, what's with this boring band?

ravenheart
03-30-2012, 02:43 AM
You'd pay lots of money because of Mastodon? Seriously, what's with this boring band?

They're not boring at all. But they do tour A LOT. It's never worth making a special effort to see them because there'll always be another chance.

The only day of Sonisphere I cared about was the KISS day. The line-up on the other days was crap.

Still very surprised it's been cancelled.

brutal_descent
03-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Looked very good this year, shame. Faith No More, Electric Wizard, Glassjaw (doing all of Worship and Tribute no less), the Refused, Mastodon, Marilyn Manson, Cypress Hill, Andrew WK, Ghost, Katatonia, Gojira, Wolfmother... would've probably gone instead of Graspop had it been somewhere else in Europe closer to me too.

MetalIsArt
03-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Looked very good this year, shame. Faith No More, Electric Wizard, Glassjaw (doing all of Worship and Tribute no less), the Refused, Mastodon, Marilyn Manson, Cypress Hill, Andrew WK, Ghost, Katatonia, Gojira, Wolfmother... would've probably gone instead of Graspop had it been somewhere else in Europe closer to me too.

Faith No More should also play at GMM now. :D

brutal_descent
03-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Faith No More should also play at GMM now. :D

I really hope they do... they might be coming to Moscow around the 10th or 11th of June, but that's smack in the middle of my exam week, and I'm not sure I can justify going to a show when I should be studying, even if it's FNM :hecho:

MetalIsArt
03-30-2012, 06:26 AM
I really hope they do... they might be coming to Moscow around the 10th or 11th of June, but that's smack in the middle of my exam week, and I'm not sure I can justify going to a show when I should be studying, even if it's FNM :hecho:

Life's full of difficult choices. :cool:

brutal_descent
03-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Life's full of difficult choices. :cool:

Damn right ;)

TheClairvoyant
03-31-2012, 08:58 AM
They're not boring at all. But they do tour A LOT. It's never worth making a special effort to see them because there'll always be another chance.

The only day of Sonisphere I cared about was the KISS day. The line-up on the other days was crap.

Still very surprised it's been cancelled.

No, I didn't mean go for the full weekend at sonisphere just for Mastodon and Faith No More, I planned to get a day ticket since it was my only chance to see FNM.

adamclark52
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM

Hmm, didn't whoever booked this see that video from a few years ago?