PDA

View Full Version : StubHub, who uses it?

Phil709
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey, just wanted to know about people's experiences with StubHub. Got tons a question so if anyone has some insight it would be appreciated.

Who uses StubHub? Ever had problems?

How exactly does a seller upload "printable tickets" to sell on StubHub? Don't printable tickets contain the seller's name and information which they may not want the buyer to see?

Let's say you go to the venue and your tickets are invalid, how do you prove to StubHub your tickets were invalid? You have to call them immediately and they say they will try to get you new tickets or give you a refund but don't they need proof the tickets were fake?

I've got a sold out show coming up and I am considering buying tickets off of StubHub to go see it. For the most part it seems relatively safe but inevitably, there are some negative stories out there so if you have answers to the above questions it would help a lot. Thanks!

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Stubhub is good, just expensive.

I used it to get tickets to a sold out My Chemical Romance show last year and what was a $30 ticket cost $85. They control the price plus printing charges cost me $6.00.

Too be safe I printed the ticket and every confirmation stubhub sent me just in case, overall no problem though. They are a extremely trusted site. My cousin buys most of his tickets off of it.

And yes the tickets do have someone elses name on it, another reason why i printed the stubhub info I had been sent.

Overall it's a big name site and trusted so you won't have a problem.

ShatteredFlame
03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I use it mostly for heavily scalped shows such as arena shows, it's a great way to buy a cheap ticket close to the day of event as the scalping prices go down so they will sell.

I never had a problem with any tickets. The printable ones do contain the sellers information but I guess technically they made the decision to give their information away.

Christen
03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Used it once to get a friend an extra ticket to a show on the Rob Zombie/Slayer tour since floors were sold out. Very over priced but had no problems getting in.

StubHub is also owned by TicketMaster if that gives you any extra confidence.

makethemsuffer12
03-27-2012, 04:14 AM
I used it to get my Lamb of God ticket this past January. Worked out fine for me (they were print out tickets, too, by the way).

Sanitarium78
03-27-2012, 05:23 AM
I used it two years ago to get front row tickets for Rush. It was expensive as fuck but I had no problems with the tickets and getting into the show. The tickets put up for sale on the site are legitimately bought so there should be no problem if you're going to a venue where they scan the bar code on the tickets.

Just remember to print out all you purchase info and confirmations you get from StubHub and bring them with you to the show just in case. I'm not sure how much the venue can do for you if something goes wrong but having all that info ready can certainly help. Overall, my experience with it was fine and I haven't heard any bad stories about StubHub at all.

IrritatedTrout
03-27-2012, 06:02 AM
It seems safe but I'd never use it as it's expensive as fuck.

SomewhereInTime72
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM

Pretty much this.

Triggz
03-27-2012, 12:31 PM

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7723163/images/1264203864298.jpg

kommie
03-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I used it to get my Lamb of God ticket this past January. Worked out fine for me (they were print out tickets, too, by the way).

Ouch, how much did you end up paying for em? I bought mine on the pre-sale for that.

MPF
03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I use a different site that ends in Hub, it has nothing to do about tickets though.

:lol:

makethemsuffer12
03-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Ouch, how much did you end up paying for em? I bought mine on the pre-sale for that.
Lucky you. It was a last minute decision for me. I spent about $100.
I use a different site that ends in Hub, it has nothing to do about tickets though.

And this. :eyes:

rjturtle9
03-27-2012, 07:53 PM

:tongue:

marker
03-28-2012, 09:57 AM

That's a great site.

TonyD
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
So did you all know that Stubhub charges 15% of the sale price to the seller and 10% of the sale price to the buyer (as a "convinience" fee) plus about $5 per order. That's over 25% of every ticket sold.

Natrlhi
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM
So did you all know that Stubhub charges 15% of the sale price to the seller and 10% of the sale price to the buyer (as a "convinience" fee) plus about $5 per order. That's over 25% of every ticket sold.Yeah, and do you know what they do to earn that sick cheddar? Nothing.

Well, they maintain the web site...and perhaps they settle a dispute once in a while. Other than that, their job is to count money.

Kinda like eBay.

SomewhereInTime72
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM

i love innocencehub!

TonyD
03-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, and do you know what they do to earn that sick cheddar? Nothing.

Well, they maintain the web site...and perhaps they settle a dispute once in a while. Other than that, their job is to count money.

Kinda like eBay.

Yip, they advertise and I'm sure they pay for rights to be an official ticket marketplace for MLB (you can sell hard tickets by entering the barcode number and having it verified immediately). But that's pretty much it.

mastodon421
03-29-2012, 04:53 AM

Yep, you got it:lol: One of my friends bought his girlfriend a lawn ticket to blink-182 last summer that was $75 when they were only $45 on Live Nation (Biggest kicker was that he could have bought an Open Air GA seat for $45 from Live Nation). Christ, they were even selling $80 tickets to the August Burns Red show I went to last month and that wasn't even sold out. It's completely insane and I would never use it unless I wanted to desperately go to a sold out concert or sporting event.

300%_Density
03-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Yea never used it for concerts. That's where I've gone for STL Cardinal tickets the last 4 years. I refuse to pay 3x + for a show. I don't think I've seen a show thats worth that for me.

Phil709
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey everyone, thanks your help! So, as I expected, it seems safe but like any purchase, there is a risk involved. I guess I will try it out as the date for the show approaches (unless the venue releases more tickets).

TheDeadPanda
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I know this is late but whatever. It's not always safe. I work at the Verizon theater near Dallas and we get people all the time with stubhub tickets that aren't valid because the same tickets already entered the building. Of course, we do get a lot of stubhub that works as well. But ticketmaster or the venues website is the only 100% safe way.