PDA

View Full Version : LoG, Marilyn Manson, KsE, In Flames US summer tour?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Heard a rumor today that LoG, Marilyn Manson, KsE, In Flames are teaming up for a US summer tour. Not sure how legit this as it doesn't come from my best source. Thought I would share this anyways.

anomynous
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Sounds plausible to me, not that the line up's any good.

Just do a LoG + Gojira tour

MPF
03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I'd go for 3 of those 4 bands. Manson sucks.

jd091
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM

This, for the love of christ.

christopher
03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
I would want Manson to come tour by himself so he could hopefully play a longer set by himself than with a bunch of bands.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I want to ritterate, not from my best source. I almost didn't post this info but thought what the hell... worst case scenario is that it is wrong.

scream4icecream
03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see Manson again and think this show would be a blast, but i'd much rather see a bill comprised of only Lamb of God, Killswitch, and Gojira so each band could play a lot longer. Either way, I hope it's true.

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Gojira US headlining tour please.

mastodon421
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I'd go for 3 of those 4 bands. Manson sucks.

This

Sounds plausible to me, not that the line up's any good.

Also part of this. A Lamb of God/Gojira tour would be fucking epic.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I would love to see LoG, KsE, In Flames, Gojira.

mastodon421
03-22-2012, 02:11 PM
I would love to see LoG, KsE, In Flames, Gojira.

Yeah that would be absolutely incredible.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-22-2012, 02:11 PM
This

Also part of this. A Lamb of God/Gojira tour would be fucking epic.

Throw in Machine Head or Metallica and its been done before twice in the states.

electrocute1031
03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
That'd be a great tour. Will be more excited if Manson actually puts on a good performance in April, which i doubt, but it'll be fun anyway.

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
This would be amazing for me but with this who would headline?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I would venture to say LoG with Manson in the coheadline slot receiving equal amount of stage time.

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Yea.

I'd guess

LOG-90 Min
Manson - 90 Min
KSE - 60 Min.
In Flames - 45 Min

kommie
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Really glad I saw LoG in January, depending on the setlist I may or may not go to this... Really? Who wants to see Lamb of God in a amphitheater?

coltongsmith
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Really glad I saw LoG in January, depending on the setlist I may or may not go to this... Really? Who wants to see Lamb of God in a amphitheater?

THIS!

makethemsuffer12
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Ugh, Manson, really? And even though LOG in an amphitheater would suck, KSE with Jesse would be enough to make me go.

AnthG
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Well KsE, Manson, and Lamb of God are playing the Heavy TO and Heavy MTL festivals. So maybe those are just stops along the way for a North American tour.

Dextrimental
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Coming from Mark Mortons twitter, he said they don't have anything booked for the states for the rest of this year, but that was the guts of a month ago, so at the time something may not have been finalized. That being said, I can see them doing Europe after the festivals, doing a headline tour everywhere else, then doing stateside after the new year.

detuned
03-22-2012, 05:49 PM
they arent going to wait a full year after releasing resolution to do a proper US tour

hellawaits77ny
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes, LOG should headline.

Epidemic Reign
03-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I want to ritterate

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/uploaded_images/john_ritter-779194-701332.jpg

Nater
03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I would def leave before Manson. Screw that.

DisposableJustice
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Gojira US headlining tour please.

What he said :rocker:

imanidiot777
03-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Coming from Mark Mortons twitter, he said they don't have anything booked for the states for the rest of this year, but that was the guts of a month ago, so at the time something may not have been finalized. That being said, I can see them doing Europe after the festivals, doing a headline tour everywhere else, then doing stateside after the new year.

I believe Lamb of God said they would be back in the states later this year summer/fall (after their pacific run that they just did). They said there were no dates yet. I think they said that at the show in Philly in January that I was at.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
03-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Yea.

I'd guess

LOG-90 Min
Manson - 90 Min
KSE - 60 Min.
In Flames - 45 Min

No way each band gets that much time. I'd guess it'd be more like this:

LOG: 80
Manson: 80
KSE: 40
In Flames: 30

KillerCannabis
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Please, no. I have no desire to ever see Manson again. The guy is such a joke at this point.

LoG/Gojira would be epic.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I think it would make more sense (& cents) for KsE to be on the 5FDP tour & open for them. They've already toured with LoG and playing before Manson at this point doesn't benefit them. I'm not sure that Manson is as popular or relevant as KsE is these days.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of every band on the supposed bill, but holy crap what a random tour...

Steev
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of every band on the supposed bill, but holy crap what a random tour...

minus Manson this tour makes sense(and has happened at some point)

metallicbrian666
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I think it would make more sense (& cents) for KsE to be on the 5FDP tour & open for them. They've already toured with LoG and playing before Manson at this point doesn't benefit them. I'm not sure that Manson is as popular or relevant as KsE is these days.
DO NOT WANT

Steev
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
to be honest a LOG/5FDP/KSE/IF tour seems more likely

MPF
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Five Finger Donkey Punch?

http://4funz.com/Funny-Pictures/memes/faggot/img-cease-faggotry-131

Jochen
03-23-2012, 06:14 PM
I would love to see LOG again, it's been five years, but I think seeing them in amphitheatre would be really weird. Plus, I wasn't crazy about the January setlist they did, which I'm sure would be shorter if they co-headlined with MM. Also, I'm surprised they would be play above Manson, even Slayer didn't do that. But then again, Lamb of God have upstaged both Slayer and Megadeth (and no, Manson has never upstaged Slayer).

300%_Density
03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm going to go say something just insane... I like all 4 bands and I would enjoy seeing all 4 bands.

Yep I'm pretty crazy *End sarcasm*

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm going to go say something just insane... I like all 4 bands and I would enjoy seeing all 4 bands.

Yep I'm pretty crazy *End sarcasm*

I would say the same if this were like 2005 or 2006.

dcmetal108
03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Honestly why doesn't KSE just do a headlining tour at like HOB venues. That would sell great and just bring In Flames and another band as openers.

Rocco44
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Honestly why doesn't KSE just do a headlining tour at like HOB venues. That would sell great and just bring In Flames and another band as openers.

Yeah I would like to see KSE at least one more time in a smallish club. Seeing them in a huge venue doing a shorter set is not too appealing to me.

dcmetal108
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah I would like to see KSE at least one more time in a smallish club. Seeing them in a huge venue doing a shorter set is not too appealing to me.

Really if they wanted to get big again they'd do a smallish club tour to get their name out again and start drawing in tons of fans.

adamclark52
03-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Didn't LoG tour with Gojira in 2007 or 2008?

makethemsuffer12
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Didn't LoG tour with Gojira in 2007 or 2008?

'07, with Trivium and Machine Head as well.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Really if they wanted to get big again they'd do a smallish club tour to get their name out again and start drawing in tons of fans.

Really? I guess playing with the younger generations most beloved metal act (LoG) and the guys who sold damn near 100,000 copies of their last album in the first week (5FDP) won't get you tons of fans? Come on!!! I'm not too thrilled when it comes to 5FDP BUT they sell more albums and put more asses in seats when compared to LoG, KsE and the like.

5FDP with LoG could be a possibility. KsE is a good fit with either band imo. I think KsE is sorta rebuilding with Jesse because when they started to get recognition he was in the band but when KsE started to build momentum and gain most of their popularity they did so with Howard on vocals. Even then Howard was touring with the band back in 03 on Ozzfest, which was the first time alot of fans got to see what KsE was about.

5FDP headlining with LoG as main support and KsE, In Flames, etc opening the show makes sense, could happen... I think LoG would be called sellouts for opening for a trendy band like 5FDP and I doubt that their fans would get along that great...

kalfitegrdan
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I couldn't see LoG doing main support for Donkey Punch. Co-headliner, maybe. I could be underestimating Donkey Punch's popularity because I hate them so much, but still.

dcmetal108
03-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I couldn't see LoG doing main support for Donkey Punch. Co-headliner, maybe. I could be underestimating Donkey Punch's popularity because I hate them so much, but still.

I'd see LOG headlining with 5FDP before them. Then LOG fans would beat 5FDP fans into a coma.

Steev
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Im just gonna say it(and keep in mind I like all 4 bands and in the case of 3 of them I have for over a decade)

the people going to see 5FDP are the same as LOG and KSE now, all these bands do major mainstream tours in large venues and sell alot of albums

the tour would be awesome, but would be douchebags a plenty

dcmetal108
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
I just really don't see the appeal of 5FDP. I mean their douchy and musically they aren't even good. And I've gave every album a try.

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
'07, with Trivium and Machine Head as well.

That was a solid tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I just really don't see the appeal of 5FDP. I mean their douchy and musically they aren't even good. And I've gave every album a try.

I hear ya. I agree with ya. BUT those guys are popular for whatever reason and if I was a band wanting to play before the younger generation of fans, I wouldn't turn down a 5FDP tour. Worst case scenario is that most fans don't like your band, but each show you gain some new fans that do.

300%_Density
03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm not pro FFDP at all. But... Having seen them pack HOB in Chicago a few years back and watching them headline over Anthrax in KC (utter travesty) I can say that they are about as huge metal band as there is right now. Sadly they don't seem like they are slowing down. In an obsolete cd world where you can sell more records & have a higher Billboard charting than last album that says it all. Obviously selling records doesn't = good it's remarkable. They will have a #1 album at some point.

Maybe LOG might co-headline w/ them. Sadly they are a hotter & large drawing band than LOG at the moment.

anomynous
03-25-2012, 10:11 PM
If LOG co-headlines then hopefully they would play first, so everybody can leave before Fiver Finger Derp Punch

Steev
03-26-2012, 06:12 AM
while people may not like the comparison 5FDP is this decade's Pantera(and in doing so will often headline over bands that have been around longer)

detuned
03-26-2012, 06:20 AM
more like this decade's disturbed

Steev
03-26-2012, 07:23 AM
more like this decade's disturbed

Pantera in the 90's toured with openers who had been around longer(Anthrax, Slayer, Sepultura, Biohazard, Prong, Morbid Angel) and did a number of Ozzfests

Five Finger Death Punch in the 00's-now tours with openers who have been around longer(Shadows Fall, All That Remains, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, God Forbid) and have done Mayhem twice already

Disturbed is more akin to KoRn, Godsmack, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and a whole era of bands

where both Pantera and 5FDP become arena headliners amongst bands that do clubs(and draw what can be considered "mainstream" metal fans)

imanidiot777
03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
while people may not like the comparison 5FDP is this decade's Pantera(and in doing so will often headline over bands that have been around longer)

Absolutely nothing like Pantera. FFDP is so fake. They seem like they are just putting on a front to be cool. That was not a front with Pantera, Phil was a nutjob. He got arrested once for attacking security guards and did all kinds of crazy things.

I agree with the Disturbed assessment a lot more. But still, FFDP is even more fake than Disturbed. There is nothing more annoying than the fake tough guy act.

AnthG
the people going to see 5FDP are the same as LOG and KSE now

This. People also forget that LOG and 5FDP toured together just 2 years ago on Mayhem. The people online trying to differentiate between the 2 fanbases make up a very small minority of the people attending these shows.

imanidiot777
Pantera in the 90's toured with openers who had been around longer(Anthrax, Slayer, Sepultura, Biohazard, Prong, Morbid Angel) and did a number of Ozzfests

Five Finger Death Punch in the 00's-now tours with openers who have been around longer(Shadows Fall, All That Remains, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, God Forbid) and have done Mayhem twice already

Disturbed is more akin to KoRn, Godsmack, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and a whole era of bands

where both Pantera and 5FDP become arena headliners amongst bands that do clubs(and draw what can be considered "mainstream" metal fans)

In that respect, I agree. But otherwise, nothing like FFDP.

Steev
03-26-2012, 07:31 AM
This. People also forget that LOG and 5FDP toured together just 2 years ago on Mayhem. The people online trying to differentiate between the 2 fanbases make up a very small minority of the people attending these shows.

It's been 9 years since KSE did Ozzfest and 8 since LOG did it, both bands have sold alot of records and toured arenas with the likes of Metallica, KoRn, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc(making them progressively more accessible even if the music doesn't reflect it) and the folks who get into these bands via major tours are the same that saw 5FDP on Mayhem and gravitated toward them. These bands are big draws for the mainstream metal audience. Every decade has these kind of bands. In that sense them all touring together would be a huge tour.

Also enough of the whiny griping about "fake bands", differentiate between "fake" and "not liking a band"

larvtard
03-26-2012, 07:38 AM
This is based off of pure speculation and absolutely no solid evidence, but I would argue that the typical FFDP fan has a lower IQ than that of a Disturbed fan -- thus, making the FFDP fan more similar to a Pantera fan in that regard.

Steev
03-26-2012, 07:45 AM
This is based off of pure speculation and absolutely no solid evidence, but I would argue that the typical FFDP fan has a lower IQ than that of a Disturbed fan -- thus, making the FFDP fan more similar to a Pantera fan in that regard.

Ive seen all 3 bands, it's a pretty even race(along with Slayer, KoRn, Alice In Chains, pretty much any band filling a venue bigger than a couple hundred)

it's a numbers game, the bigger a band is the more likely a percentage of their fans are complete idiots

detuned
03-26-2012, 08:28 AM

way to compare 2 bands in every aspect BUT their music

Steev
03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
way to compare 2 bands in every aspect BUT their music

the music has similarities too, Pantera set a template for most bands that have come out in the past 20 years or so

detuned
03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
no shit. by that logic then, why stop there?

5FDP IS THIS GENERATIONS SABBATH

Steev
03-26-2012, 08:41 AM
no shit. by that logic then, why stop there?

5FDP IS THIS GENERATIONS SABBATH

because it's that simple right?

whether people piss and moan or not doesn't negate the similarities between what Pantera was in the 90's and what 5FDP is now(especially when this is the first time since Pantera that a mainstream metal act hasn't been specifically associated with rap or grunge music or the hot topic crowd)

detuned
03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
they owe just as much to the past 10 years of nu-grunge bullshit than they do to metal

ps, pantera wasnt mainstream at all

Steev
03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
they owe just as much to the past 10 years of nu-grunge bullshit than they do to metal

ps, pantera wasnt mainstream at all

they had records debut at number 1(and go platinum), radio and MTV airplay, on the cover of countless magazines, had songs appear on the soundtracks of several popular films, and headlined the same arenas as Kiss, AC/DC, and even Madonna

that=mainstream

detuned
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
how old are you?

Steev
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
how old are you?

27 and I actually saw Pantera

detuned
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
well, just barely old enough to not completely write off your opinion, but as someone who steadily watched mtv 24 hours a day throughout the 90s and listened to plenty of radio, youre wrong.

theres a big difference between being played once a week in the middle of the night on headbangers ball, occasional hard rock radio play and getting on the cover of circus and rip, than being played once an hour daily on mtv and top 40/modern rock radio, and getting on the cover of rolling stone and spin.

no denying that pantera is about as big as it got for the underground, but they still were just that, underground. popular, not mainstream. not a matter of opinion, its fact.

ps, even at their peak, they were headlining second tier arenas. only time they ever hit the huge ones was supporting black sabbath.

mankvill
03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Stop

stylesclash516
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Stop

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Sanitarium78
03-26-2012, 10:16 AM
they had records debut at number 1(and go platinum), radio and MTV airplay, on the cover of countless magazines, had songs appear on the soundtracks of several popular films, and headlined the same arenas as Kiss, AC/DC, and even Madonna

that=mainstream

The videos they made off of Cowboys and Vulgar did get regular rotation on MTV but that was it. By the time FBD came out headbanger's ball was being phased out and MTV weren't showing metal videos anymore. In fact one of the reasons everyone was so surprised that FBD went to number one was because there was no airplay for them on MTV or radio. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that Pantera was played on the radio because they never were, at least not with any regularity.

Pantera musically were never mainsteam even though their success would say otherwise. They never had hit singles and they were successful because they had a different sound than everybody else out there and they had a big a very dedicated fanbase. It was Pantera's fans that made them such a huge band not the fact that they were mainstream because everything about them was anti that.

Steev
03-26-2012, 11:25 AM
well, just barely old enough to not completely write off your opinion, but as someone who steadily watched mtv 24 hours a day throughout the 90s and listened to plenty of radio, youre wrong.

theres a big difference between being played once a week in the middle of the night on headbangers ball, occasional hard rock radio play and getting on the cover of circus and rip, than being played once an hour daily on mtv and top 40/modern rock radio, and getting on the cover of rolling stone and spin.

no denying that pantera is about as big as it got for the underground, but they still were just that, underground. popular, not mainstream. not a matter of opinion, its fact.

ps, even at their peak, they were headlining second tier arenas. only time they ever hit the huge ones was supporting black sabbath.

actually they headlined the biggest indoor arena in Philadelphia twice for "Reinventing the Steel" within 4 months(and the only other "rock" acts that have headlined here are Metallica, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Kiss, and AC/DC)''

they also to this day get airplay on radio here and my guess is you can't walk in a Sam Ash without a wall of Dimebag guitars(name another musician you can confidently say that about)

even the most casual metal fan knows Pantera, and name me another "underground" band that had a "VH1 Behind the Music" made about them

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 12:24 PM
IN THE NAME OF LOVE

BEFORE YOU BREAK MY HEART

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Pantera is in no shape or form close to any comparison of 5FDP. Steev, you are my pal... BUT that comparison was laughable my friend!!!

As a diehard fan who even somewhat worked for the band :D I was there growing up and living life back when Pantera emerged on the scene.

Pantera gained some recognition on MTV early on. What really broke them was the tour with Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus. They destroyed them live and no one could do that back then. Then they upstaged Judas Priest and Megadeth as support acts for both bands. Then VDOP came out and the rest of the metal world was in awe.

Some say Pantera (or even Dime's guitar playing) is not influential. If you were alive and at your senses at that time you know better. He was the 90's version of Van Halen on steriods. Catchy riffs, blazing guitar solos and able to produce new and unique sounds (Becoming, Suicide Note 2, solo to Underground In America) that have been immitated but never truely duplicated. What are 5FDP's guitarists names? Who cares, both of them together couldn't play A New Level correctly when they covered it in the studio (where they had time to perfect it).

Sadly, due to Anselmo's drug use, the bands live performances suffered from TGSTK through RTS. Back in the CFH thru FDB era, Anselmo ran around the stage like Angus Young on crack cocaine.

Pantera was unique and paved their way to the top without much help from MTV or radio. Dimebag was the best guitarist of the 90's as far as metal is concerned in most peoples opinions (not always, but more than other the guitarists like Zakk Wylde, The Big 4, etc). Pantera took Black Flag, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, old Metallica, Slayer... and twisted into their own unique sound without directly sounding like a rip off.

Like 5FDP has done with Disturbed. And Ivan has tried to do by mixing Howard Jones and Phil Anselmo's vocal styles.

So let's see here...

Pantera unique at the time of their major label debut.

Pantera made their way to a number 1 album own their own with little radio/video play.

Pantera's members were all thought to be among the best at metal guitar/bass/drums/vocals during their prime.

All of Pantera's album sound like Pantera yet sound different and have their own identity.

The Pantera home videos. Set the standard for metal home videos. Everyone else has copied their formula on that too.

Pantera in concert was amazing good. The crowds were always intense. I always hear about Slayer and Lamb of God and Hatebreed pits being rough. Their pits were child's play compared to a Pantera pit on the Far Beyond Driven, TGSTK and VDOP tours.

Pantera influenced bands of hard rock and metal that sound nothing alike. From Lamb of God and KsE to Disturbed and 5FDP. Lets not forget A7X, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Deftones, Slipknot, Godsmack, Hatebreed, Fear Factory, Shadows Fall, Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Anthrax, Whitechapel... even for metal, like those bands or not, that is very diverse.

The fans came to Pantera. They were underground and it spread like word of mouth about how bad ass they were. They didn't have Mayhem Fest and the like when they came out (they were already established when they played Ozzfest) or help from radio stations all over the country to push them into the mainstream. Pantera, to date, has been metals most successful underground band. Far Beyond Driven debuting at @#1 was a huge shock. Especially to the casual fan of music who listened to the album and didn't realize what was going to happen once Strength Beyond Strength blasted through their tape deck. Pantera became heavier, more extreme with each album, straying from popular music like rap metal, nu metal, etc. Staying true to their mix of heavy metal with elements of thrash, southern rock, blues, hard core and even some death metal.

Dude, I could keep on rambling... or I could bring up what 5FDP does that really seperates them from being mentioned in the same sentence with Pantera but do I really need to?

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Can we get a post that size but telling every reason why 5FDP is bad?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
NO. It would definitely have to be much larger than that at its smallest :party:

stylesclash516
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I'd say Pantera is pretty comparable to Five Finger Death Punch.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aL88DfAfsMQ/SKdfJpxrGDI/AAAAAAAABFA/b1p7V19rmzM/s400/Pantera+Power+Metal--f.jpg

Steev
03-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Pantera is in no shape or form close to any comparison of 5FDP. Steev, you are my pal... BUT that comparison was laughable my friend!!!

As a diehard fan who even somewhat worked for the band :D I was there growing up and living life back when Pantera emerged on the scene.

Pantera gained some recognition on MTV early on. What really broke them was the tour with Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus. They destroyed them live and no one could do that back then. Then they upstaged Judas Priest and Megadeth as support acts for both bands. Then VDOP came out and the rest of the metal world was in awe.

Some say Pantera (or even Dime's guitar playing) is not influential. If you were alive and at your senses at that time you know better. He was the 90's version of Van Halen on steriods. Catchy riffs, blazing guitar solos and able to produce new and unique sounds (Becoming, Suicide Note 2, solo to Underground In America) that have been immitated but never truely duplicated. What are 5FDP's guitarists names? Who cares, both of them together couldn't play A New Level correctly when they covered it in the studio (where they had time to perfect it).

Sadly, due to Anselmo's drug use, the bands live performances suffered from TGSTK through RTS. Back in the CFH thru FDB era, Anselmo ran around the stage like Angus Young on crack cocaine.

Pantera was unique and paved their way to the top without much help from MTV or radio. Dimebag was the best guitarist of the 90's as far as metal is concerned in most peoples opinions (not always, but more than other the guitarists like Zakk Wylde, The Big 4, etc). Pantera took Black Flag, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, old Metallica, Slayer... and twisted into their own unique sound without directly sounding like a rip off.

Like 5FDP has done with Disturbed. And Ivan has tried to do by mixing Howard Jones and Phil Anselmo's vocal styles.

So let's see here...

Pantera unique at the time of their major label debut.

Pantera made their way to a number 1 album own their own with little radio/video play.

Pantera's members were all thought to be among the best at metal guitar/bass/drums/vocals during their prime.

All of Pantera's album sound like Pantera yet sound different and have their own identity.

The Pantera home videos. Set the standard for metal home videos. Everyone else has copied their formula on that too.

Pantera in concert was amazing good. The crowds were always intense. I always hear about Slayer and Lamb of God and Hatebreed pits being rough. Their pits were child's play compared to a Pantera pit on the Far Beyond Driven, TGSTK and VDOP tours.

Pantera influenced bands of hard rock and metal that sound nothing alike. From Lamb of God and KsE to Disturbed and 5FDP. Lets not forget A7X, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Deftones, Slipknot, Godsmack, Hatebreed, Fear Factory, Shadows Fall, Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Anthrax, Whitechapel... even for metal, like those bands or not, that is very diverse.

The fans came to Pantera. They were underground and it spread like word of mouth about how bad ass they were. They didn't have Mayhem Fest and the like when they came out (they were already established when they played Ozzfest) or help from radio stations all over the country to push them into the mainstream. Pantera, to date, has been metals most successful underground band. Far Beyond Driven debuting at @#1 was a huge shock. Especially to the casual fan of music who listened to the album and didn't realize what was going to happen once Strength Beyond Strength blasted through their tape deck. Pantera became heavier, more extreme with each album, straying from popular music like rap metal, nu metal, etc. Staying true to their mix of heavy metal with elements of thrash, southern rock, blues, hard core and even some death metal.

Dude, I could keep on rambling... or I could bring up what 5FDP does that really seperates them from being mentioned in the same sentence with Pantera but do I really need to?

Im not saying 5FDP will be as influential, but let's look at a concrete fact

metal band filling arenas in 90's=Pantera

metal band filling arenas now=Five Finger Death Punch

and truthfully 5FDP has more in common with Pantera than the more rap/grunge/industrial/etc influenced Nu Metal scene

at one point I considered Lamb Of God more akin to Pantera, but I see them more like Slayer when you think about it

besides face it you go to a 5FDP show and atleast 99% of that crowd listens to Pantera(well......they listened to "Walk" and tell people they like Pantera)

Steev
03-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd say Pantera is pretty comparable to Five Finger Death Punch.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aL88DfAfsMQ/SKdfJpxrGDI/AAAAAAAABFA/b1p7V19rmzM/s400/Pantera+Power+Metal--f.jpg

for some reason Vinnie is the only one that makes me LOL

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Steev, we'll have to agree to disagree on this Pantera/5FDP debate.

Steev
03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Steev, we'll have to agree to disagree on this Pantera/5FDP debate.

all Im saying is name me another band since Pantera that has:
-sold large numbers of albums
-brought along established metal acts to tour
-played large scale venues
-used guitar solos heavily

only other band in recent memory that's close is Slipknot, and they have always associated with a different crowd(between the musics influence of rap and electronic and an audience that's more Hot Topic than most metal fans)

bands like Godsmack and Disturbed almost come close, but they've always toured and associated more with hard rock acts, where 5FDP has actively taken metal bands on tour with them

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
5FDP has yet to fill arenas or headline major tours like Godsmack or Disturbed... or even LoG.

I feel as if LoG has somewhat replaced Pantera as the underground success story in metal.

What about... Slipknot? Taking out Devildriver, 3IOB, Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall.

What about KsE?

5FDP is too radio friendly, trendy to be compared to Pantera as far as music goes. To me 5FDP is hard rock with some elements of metal. And at times the occasional metal riff.

kalfitegrdan
03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/unobrandon/South-Park-rabble-rabble-rabble.jpg

Steev
03-26-2012, 03:09 PM
5FDP has yet to fill arenas or headline major tours like Godsmack or Disturbed... or even LoG.

I feel as if LoG has somewhat replaced Pantera as the underground success story in metal.

What about... Slipknot? Taking out Devildriver, 3IOB, Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall.

What about KsE?

5FDP is too radio friendly, trendy to be compared to Pantera as far as music goes. To me 5FDP is hard rock with some elements of metal. And at times the occasional metal riff.

LOG seems more like Slayer(underground band that becomes successful and maintains a following that fills clubs not necessarily arenas) KSE's popularity has declined a bit due to years without touring/new albums once again a club level band(the two did headline theaters when they toured together, but that was at the peak of popularity)

Slipknot like Ive said is a different animal, they arent the straight ahead type of metal Pantera was and their crowd is different(you wouldnt see baggy pants and makeup/facepaint at a Pantera show would you?)

and actually last year I saw 5FDP headline and draw a bigger crowd than Disturbed did headliner earlier in the year(and their show also had KoRn)

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 03:31 PM
5FDP sounds nothing like Pantera except when Ivan tries to immitate Anselmo.

5FDP isn't even metal in my opinion.

I saw 5FDP/Hatebreed/AtR draw about 3000 people on Halloween of 2011 near St. Louis, MO. On Pantera's third album (5FDP were touring on their third album) Pantera sold out Riverport Amphitheater near St. Louis which holds 19,000 people. Pantera had Prong open up.

5FDP has Sony shipping a ton of albums their debut week for American Capitalist and paying for the band to appear on the internet & TV and on the radio yet only draw 1/3 rd of the crowd Pantera did.

I'd say Pantera is mainstream now but only due to Dimebag's death and the drama that ensued with Vinnie/Phil in the press.

5FDP is more like Disturbed. Not necesarily bad, just oversaturated to the point of naseua.

Pantera is remembered as the band that bucked the trends & flew the flag of metal in the 90's damn near single-handidly. As a matter of fact, if Pantera were around today they would be anti5FDP!!!

Steev
03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
I wouldnt say that since they have toured a number of times with Hellyeah(maybe Phil wouldnt like them, but Dime and Vinnie where always cool with bands no one would expect)

on a strictly tour/audience thing I say Pantera because when 5FDP tours its with acts like Hatebreed and Shadows Fall, when Disturbed tours its with more rock oriented bands like Halestorm and Art of Dying

and the oversaturation is just a sign of the times, Pantera split before social media became prevalent

Im not saying the bands are the exact same, just comparable based on several factors

Steev
03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Also on a technicality 5FDP 3rd album came out like 4 years after the band formed, Pantera's 3rd album(if you don't count the indie stuff) was close to a decade after they formed

I mean that and the fact that concerts had bigger draws in the 90s(much like how record sales have changed)

Perspective

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I still don't agree. 5FDP are Pantera wannabes at times but nowhere close to the real thing. In any area really, most especially when it comes to the music.

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Ivans also a douche. Just sayin'!

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I still don't agree. 5FDP are Pantera wannabes at times but nowhere close to the real thing. In any area really, most especially when it comes to the music.

Right now they're the only band drawing anything close to what Pantera used to

Bands don't sell records and fill venues like they used to, I remember when Coal Chamber was headlining 3000 seat clubs and nowadays they'd probably draw less than 300

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Ivans also a douche. Just sayin'!

I wouldn't say that, he's always been cool when I've talked to him

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Right now they're the only band drawing anything close to what Pantera used to

Slipknot? A7X? Disturbed headlined Mayhem & Uproar. Rob Zombie? Rammstein? All of those bands draw more than 5FDP in most markets. I'm not too sure that 5FDP draws more fans than LoG does live.

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Slipknot? A7X? Disturbed headlined Mayhem & Uproar. Rob Zombie? Rammstein? All of those bands draw more than 5FDP in most markets. I'm not too sure that 5FDP draws more fans than LoG does live.

Zombie and Disturbed headline same size venues(and in the case of Zombie that's been aided by having big coheadliners)

Rammstein is due to not playing here in over a decade(they're last headlining run way back in 2001 was barely filling clubs)

A7X isn't anywhere near the same audience, I'm saying take out the goth/scene/hot topic crowd from the equation

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
And once again metal bands aren't doing a lot of these tours

I mean A7X toured with Three Days Grace

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
It's like this:
Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel playing a 18,000 seat venue in 2001
5FDP/All That Remains/Hatebreed playing a 3,000 seat venue in 2011

Having been at both I saw a very similar crowd(and can't really think of another modern day tour to compare to)

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Jager tour Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax
LoG/KsE/Devildriver/Soilwork
LoG/Machine Head/Gojira
Rob Zombie/Lacuna Coil

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Jager tour Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax
LoG/KsE/Devildriver/Soilwork

Jager tour didn't come here, we got Testament as an opener and they didn't fill the venue up(that averages 7000 if full and no lawn)

The LOG/KSE one came to Reading(hour from Philly) the venue is comperable to the size of what 5FDP played but the seats were pretty empty(floor was full but that doesn't take much)

Last time KSE played anywhere nearby was an hour away in Atlantic City at a House of Blues, and they didn't fill the place up, LOG always does well in Philly but they refuse to do arenas here it seems(and last time they headlined before this years smaller show was with COB and AILD who at the time all were also doing very well)

Its not a perfect association, but there's a lot of casual Pantera fans(just like Metallica has), and they're more likely IMO to be drawn to a band like 5FDP

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
The only thing I can tell you is that I see very lite, if any resembelance between the two bands and that most Pantera fans I know HATE 5FDP.

And for the record, most fans of Disturbed and/or A7X love 5FDP.

Steev
03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
The only thing I can tell you is that I see very lite, if any resembelance between the two bands and that most Pantera fans I know HATE 5FDP.

Keep in mind you know real Pantera fans having experienced the band more in the 90's, there are plenty of people who pretty much like "Walk" and that's all

And those are the people I saw at "Share the Welt", Pantera goes along with Metallica, Alice In Chains, and Tool as bands that a lot of the mainstream metal fans here listen to(keep in mind these folks go to like 1 or 2 shows a year and its always a big show like Mayhem or Ozzfest)

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Another thing to remember is that the bands 5FDP tour with are established, most have been on MTV and toured with other known bands.

Pantera took out Alice In Chains, Neurosis, Clutch, Machine Head, Coal Chamber, Nothingface, Morbid Angel, Prong, Eyehategod, Deftones, Crowbar, Type O Negative... all bands were virtually unknown at the time they toured with Pantera (on the first leg of the tour) except for Type O & Prong. Basically, Pantera didn't have established bands like Hatebreed, AtR or even In This Moment to help draw fans until they toured with White Zombie after TGSTK came out.

AnthG
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Slipknot like Ive said is a different animal, they arent the straight ahead type of metal Pantera was and their crowd is different(you wouldnt see baggy pants and makeup/facepaint at a Pantera show would you?)

I've seen Slipknot enough times and have been to enough shows to know that Slipknot appeals to a wide arrange of people, regardless of what message board posters tell you. The last time I saw Slipknot I saw just as many Cannibal corpse shirts as I did Korn shirts. I've also seen droves of people in Slipknot shirts at shows ranging from Opeth to Evanescence.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I've seen Slipknot enough times and have been to enough shows to know that Slipknot appeals to a wide arrange of people, regardless of what message board posters tell you. The last time I saw Slipknot I saw just as many Cannibal corpse shirts as I did Korn shirts. I've also seen droves of people in Slipknot shirts at shows ranging from Opeth to Evanescence.

Me too...

300%_Density
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm sure more will come to mind but right off hand I remember on AHIG tour Slipknot were doing arenas. The way I've always gauged bands who do arena tours is when I see Madison Square Garden on a tour because let's be honest atleast here in America it is the most well known arena. Whoever plays there is obviously a somebody otherwise they wouldn't be scheduled.

I know the big deal for the AHIG Tour was they had a date @ MSG. I also recall on the BlackDiamondSkye Tour also went through MSG. Rammstein did MSG. Out of those 3 the only one I might give the exception to is the fact on the BDS Tour there were 2 strong openers. Regardless, these bands are in (arguebly) the most famous arena in the world.

If Pantera was still around I have no doubt they would do MSG. FFDP have a strong following but I don't ever see them as a 15,000 seat arena band. They can do all the Uproars, Mayhems, & Ozzfests (if there will ever be one) they want. The thing w/ all of those is there are always tons of other bands on those shows who will bring in a crowd as well.

My last point being that in KC w/ the annual abortion fest that is Rockfest which is "supposedly the biggest 1 day festival in America" which draws 40-50,000 people every year announces the line up. FFDP is not even the headliner over a very shitty bland Shinedown. If they are supposedly the Pantera of the '00s they can headline a huge festival over a shitty FM rock band like Shinedown. I'm gonnna go out on a limb that Pantera would headline over Shinedown. I rest my case.

kalfitegrdan
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

I think every concert I've ever been to has had at least one obligatory Slipknot shirt.

hellawaits77ny
03-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Huge Pantera fan and I fucking hate 5FDP. But I also like Disturbed.

Seeing Cannibal Corpse shirts at a Slipknot show, that's awesome!

Unrelated to 5FDP, but this is just another reason why I hate them. When I was at the Dying Fetus show the other night, I was filming from the balcony, and ther ewere plenty of seats open all around. Of course this really ugly, sweaty dude w/ these digusting ass 12 year old sneakers decides to sit 2 seats from me. BTW, he also had a 5FDP shirt on. Once DF comes on, he basically starts moshing in his seat, which was sort of annoying. He was also doing this movement where he was flinging his hands around, and playing "air" double bass drums. His fat ass shook the fuckin set of 5 seats. Probably a typical 5FDP fan. Acts tough, but he decided to mosh in his seat, instead of moshing w/ the rest of the folk in the pit. Fucking dumbass.

NickLed19
03-27-2012, 01:25 AM

Not me, I do not like FFDP at all.

imanidiot777
03-27-2012, 02:41 AM

Count me as a Pantera fan who HATES 5FDP. Imitation at its best.

Also for the record, I like A7X a lot, Disturbed just a little, and I still hate 5FDP :tongue:

imanidiot777
03-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Keep in mind you know real Pantera fans having experienced the band more in the 90's, there are plenty of people who pretty much like "Walk" and that's all

And those are the people I saw at "Share the Welt", Pantera goes along with Metallica, Alice In Chains, and Tool as bands that a lot of the mainstream metal fans here listen to(keep in mind these folks go to like 1 or 2 shows a year and its always a big show like Mayhem or Ozzfest)

Listening to one or two songs from a band does not qualify as a fan of said band. I like one or two songs by a lot of artists that I couldn't give a shit about.

Steev
03-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Listening to one or two songs from a band does not qualify as a fan of said band. I like one or two songs by a lot of artists that I couldn't give a shit about.

There was a chart someone made a few months back for "mainstream Metallica fans" that sums up what I'm describing

kalfitegrdan
03-27-2012, 04:47 AM
http://www.skullsnbones.com/profiles/blogs/the-mainstream-metallica-fan?xg_source=activity

This?

Steev
03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
http://www.skullsnbones.com/profiles/blogs/the-mainstream-metallica-fan?xg_source=activity

This?

yes that one thank you

these are the folks I see around here and are definitely the ones that jump from Pantera to 5FDP

imanidiot777
03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
I don't consider those people fans, just as I wouldn't consider myself a Linkin Park fan even though there are 2 songs I think are good.

Steev
03-27-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't consider those people fans, just as I wouldn't consider myself a Linkin Park fan even though there are 2 songs I think are good.

well theyre the ones getting liquored up and bro moshing at shows now

as sad as that is

detuned
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
In late summer, Lamb of God WILL — I repeat, WILL — be touring the states, doing their own festival, Adler confirmed; you may recall he mentioned in one of our last chats that the band would be doing its own fest, and we predicted Gojira would play it. Well, we’re still predicting that.

“It is happening,” Adler updates us. “We just haven’t announced it yet, due to the people we are doing it with having commitments not to announce future shows while they are currently doing something else.”

“It’ll be two three-week blocks that I believe begins at the end of July,” Adler says. “End of July or whenever Mayhem stops. We know those guys well, and we are not interested in competing with them. So we will wait until they are done…stay out of the way, and come back and crush it.”

Chris would not specifically talk about any of the bands who’ll be playing the festival, but we’re still predicting Gojira and Meshuggah will be playing Lamb of God’s traveling circus of metal depravity. Just educated guesses on our part.

Adler says the tour will feature “a couple of bands we have often been lumped in with that have CDs either recently out or soon to be out — and that’s about as much as I can tell you.”
http://gunshyassassin.com/exclusive/gun-shy-assassin-presents-adler-chatter-with-chris-adler-28/

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd say God Forbid, Gojira, Meshuggah and Shadow's Fall will be on it.

Steev
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd say God Forbid, Gojira, Meshuggah and Shadow's Fall will be on it.

God Forbid is already doing Tresspass America

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Other interviews have said LoG are headlining... and the band is on Mayhem Fest...

Lamb Of God
Anthrax (means LoG has toured the US with all of the Big 4 & no way is LoG headlining over Slayer, so...)
Meshuggah
Gojira

Maybe Down or In Flames are possibilities.

A LoG festival sounds cool...

Jochen
04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Other interviews have said LoG are headlining... and the band is on Mayhem Fest...

Lamb Of God
Anthrax (means LoG has toured the US with all of the Big 4 & no way is LoG headlining over Slayer, so...)
Meshuggah
Gojira

Sounds good to me. If it's true.

Steev
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM

Lamb Of God
Meshuggah
Gojira

Actually Anthrax was the first Big 4 band LOG toured with back in 2003

If its a band from Mayhem that means this tour either
-hits smaller markets
-is much later like fall

detuned
04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
and the band is on Mayhem Fest
are you basing this on the quote above? just cause they are supposedly waiting until after mayhem doesnt necessarily mean they have a mayhem band. besides, i doubt mayhem proximity clauses would allow for a bigger name like anthrax to be involved with another major tour that butts right up and surely will be announced before mayhem even starts.

if any mayhem band is on it, high on fire would make the most sense since they are already on the heavy fests and are small enough that their involvement wouldnt really effect mayhem.
If its a band from Mayhem that means this tour either
-hits smaller markets
-is much later like fall
hah, do you think adler just said end of july for the fun of it? LOG and gojira are on the heavy fests beginning of august, it lines up. lets not forget gojira are foreign and cant exactly just pop over here at will.

Steev
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
are you basing this on the quote above? just cause they are supposedly waiting until after mayhem doesnt necessarily mean they have a mayhem band. besides, i doubt mayhem proximity clauses would allow for a bigger name like anthrax to be involved with another major tour that butts right up and surely will be announced before mayhem even starts.

if any mayhem band is on it, high on fire would make the most sense since they are already on the heavy fests and are small enough that their involvement wouldnt really effect mayhem.

hah, do you think adler just said end of july for the fun of it? LOG and gojira are on the heavy fests beginning of august, it lines up. lets not forget gojira are foreign and cant exactly just pop over here at will.

No no venue is booking a tour with a band from Mayhem right after Mayhem

It sounds like Chris Adler really meant they're touring after so as to not compete with Mayhem as a whole

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Why would he speak of competing with one of the bands and then state the tour starts 'whenever Mayhem ends'? Read between the lines, it obvious from the way he is talking. And the festival could be hitting smaller markets.

The LoG festival will probably be announced at the end of May or maybe even sooner with a mystery guest band (Anthrax, Slayer, etc) that won't be revealed until Mayhem Festival starts.

Steev
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Why would he speak of competing with one of the bands and then state the tour starts 'whenever Mayhem ends'? Read between the lines, it obvious from the way he is talking. And the festival could be hitting smaller markets.

The LoG festival will probably be announced at the end of May or maybe even sooner with a mystery guest band (Anthrax, Slayer, etc) that won't be revealed until Mayhem Festival starts.

Probably because both shows hitting the same cities around the same time would mean a drop in ticket sales

detuned
04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
re-read the quote:

We just haven’t announced it yet, due to the people we are doing it with having commitments not to announce future shows while they are currently doing something else.

gunshy's "educated guess" of meshuggah is just about to start their tour. overkill is on the same days of the heavy fests and just started theirs. and thats just the bands that there has been evidence of, could be band(s) that are touring right now that havent been indicated yet.

the mayhem comment was completely seperate, and with how saturated the touring market is this summer, it really could just simply be a concern with competing like he said and nothing to do with a shared band

edit: meshuggah is in finland on august 10th, so unless the tour starts immediately after the heavy fests (11th & 12th), they probably arent on it. maybe not so much of an educated guess afterall.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Hmmmm if its not Anthrax/Slayer...

Could be bands on RotR. All of them have tours coming up. I could see:

Lamb of God
Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson
Mastodon
Down (the bassist told my friend last night the ep was pushed back to July/August... hmmmm)
Children Of Bodom
Lacuna Coil
Gojira
Shadows Fall
Fear Factory

Yeah I know not all of those bands are on RotR but thought I would mention them. What about Dethklok? Adult Swim could help sponsor the tour. That would be cool.

RAMNOfficial
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
My Prediction: (this was made from what I heard from other sources)

Lamb of God
Marylin Manson
Meshuggah
Gojira

Magson13
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Manson or Zombie under Lamb of God? That's just stupid to think it's possible :lol:

Lamb of God putting together a "festival"? That's also laughable. This tour will hit small arenas, and they'll be coheadlining with another mainstream sellout wannabe metal band.

detuned
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
oh right, manson is about ready to tour as well. sounds silly, but i dont think its too out of the realm of possibility for him to take co-headline slot before LOG to get in front of a younger audience. especially as once again, sharing the bill on heavys. realistically the majority of the lineup is probably sitting right there.

also, i wouldnt get too hung up on the word "festival", some people use that word pretty loosely. look at trespass america, 7 bands, 1 stage, and thats being considered a festival. im sure there have been tours before with even less bands referred to as fests.

edit:
overkill is on the same days of the heavy fests and just started theirs
from this (http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/overkill%E2%80%99s-positive-aggressiveness,62246) overkill interview
Right now we’re putting together a European tour, but it’s not gonna be until September of 2012. We’re getting venues pretty much as we speak. For instance this morning I had some stuff coming from Turkey, from Romania… We have festivals also in Finland, Italy, Germany, Portugal, but we’re putting up the headline tour for September. Prior to this we’ll tour in the US and also do some Canadian festivals during the summer.

Magson13
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
oh right, manson is about ready to tour as well. sounds silly, but i dont think its too out of the realm of possibility for him to take co-headline slot before LOG to get in front of a younger audience. especially as once again, sharing the bill on heavys. realistically the majority of the lineup is probably sitting right there.

also, i wouldnt get too hung up on the word "festival", some people use that word pretty loosely. look at trespass america, 7 bands, 1 stage, and thats being considered a festival. im sure there have been tours before with even less bands referred to as fests.

Manson closed over SLAYER, twice, in amphitheatres. Why would he drop to below Lamb of God? Completely out of the realm of possibilty.

That's the point I was making. This isn't a festival, just like the other ones.

detuned
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Manson closed over SLAYER, twice, in amphitheatres. Why would he drop to below Lamb of God? Completely out of the realm of possibilty.
cause those tours were 4 and 6 years ago, and even then he was far past relevancy. seen the size of the places hes playing on next tour?

Magson13
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
cause those tours were 4 and 6 years ago, and even then he was far past relevancy. seen the size of the places hes playing on next tour?

3 & 5 years ago. Learn to count.

He played those same sized clubs in 2008, between the amphitheatre tours.

kommie
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Attention:If you ignore Magson's posts, it might give up and go back to it's bridge, STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Attention:If you ignore Magson's posts, it might give up and go back to it's bridge, STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

For further info... you can click on a metalsetlist members profile and once on their profile to the right of 'send message' is 'user lists'. Click on 'user lists' and when the drop down list appears click on 'ignore user'. It is an amazing feature :)

Xenocide
04-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm assuming this would be a theater festival, not an ampitheatre one, right?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm assuming this would be a theater festival, not an ampitheatre one, right?

Lol I'm not sure how LoG could be the closing band of a successful festival. They did coheadline Ozzfest and headlined Sounds Of The Underground.

mankvill
04-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Lamb of God and Marilyn Manson play the same size venues here.

kalfitegrdan
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
He kind of has a point that it seems unrealistic for Manson and Rob Zombie to be billed under LoG since LoG was billed under Rob Zombie at Mayhem Fest 2010 and Manson has headlined or co-headlined tours with bigger bands than LoG. I guess it could be possible for Rob Zombie because his popularity has waned recently with the lack of a new album and such, but Manson is just getting ready to release a new album.

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
He kind of has a point that it seems unrealistic for Manson and Rob Zombie to be billed under LoG since LoG was billed under Rob Zombie at Mayhem Fest 2010 and Manson has headlined or co-headlined tours with bigger bands than LoG. I guess it could be possible for Rob Zombie because his popularity has waned recently with the lack of a new album and such, but Manson is just getting ready to release a new album.

I can actually see Manson co-headlining with LOG and playing first. I mean right now LOG is more popular than Manson plus if people see the way Manson is performing now they might just stay away.

kalfitegrdan
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I can actually see Manson co-headlining with LOG and playing first. I mean right now LOG is more popular than Manson plus if people see the way Manson is performing now they might just stay away.

True. Maybe by now his '90s popularity has been completely used up.

RAMNOfficial
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I am hearing that Manson is confirmed for this "Festival".

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
True. Maybe by now his '90s popularity has been completely used up.

I mean LOG are HUGE right now and Manson really isn't.

Magson13
04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I mean LOG are HUGE right now and Manson really isn't.

Yeah, that's why Lamb of God are playing clubs for twenty bucks, because they're so HUGE :lol:

Magson13
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I am hearing that Manson is confirmed for this "Festival".

Good for you little buddy. Now go back to playing with your crayons.

Dextrimental
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, that's why Lamb of God are playing clubs for twenty bucks, because they're so HUGE :lol:

Just checked their Wrath tour, average venue in the states was above 10,000 people, usually sports arenas for major hockey and basketball games. Not that I like quoting you, but felt I'd chime in just to point out you're wrong!

This is really good to see, as a Lamb of God fan its awesome to see them taking steps to become big and set standards and really push themselves to be a big headline act. They are, without a doubt, one of the few bands around who have the potential to take over the reigns of the bigger metal names.

MPF
04-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh right. Magson's still here.

anomynous
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
The small club tour they did a few months ago because they said they wanted to do a small club tour since they haven't in years, because they're too big to?

scream4icecream
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
The small club tour they did a few months ago because they said they wanted to do a small club tour since they haven't in years, because they're too big to?

Don't forget the album they just put out that debuted at #1!

300%_Density
04-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Don't forget the album they just put out that debuted at #1!

Just #1 for rock albums. #3 overall on billboard 200.

scream4icecream
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Just #1 for rock albums. #3 overall on billboard 200.

Really? I thought I read that it was #1 overall..oh well. #3 isn't too shabby

Jochen
04-23-2012, 08:40 PM
LOG are big, I remember hearing that they sold out the Eagles Ballroom (4,000 capacity) when they headlined in Milwaukee in 2007 and 2009. Of course they had strong support too (Gwar, Trivium, Machine Head, etc.).

Magson13
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
LOG are big, I remember hearing that they sold out the Eagles Ballroom (4,000 capacity) when they headlined in Milwaukee in 2007 and 2009. Of course they had strong support too (Gwar, Trivium, Machine Head, etc.).

Exactly, they play small clubs by themselves, and then when they have other bands that play small clubs open for them, they only bump it up to large clubs. Definitely not a band that could close over bands like Manson or Zombie.

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Exactly, they play small clubs by themselves, and then when they have other bands that play small clubs open for them, they only bump it up to large clubs. Definitely not a band that could close over bands like Manson or Zombie.

I'm telling you that they could close over Manson now because their more popular. Zombie I doubt it but Manson is doing club shows now and not selling them out.

RAMNOfficial
04-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I just heard from a source that there is a good chance some/most of these bands are on this tour with Lamb of God:

Manson
Dethklok
Gojira

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Gojira is pretty much a given. Randy did guest vocals on a song for The Way of All Flesh, and the two bands seem pretty buddy-buddy. I'm hoping this festival happens. Don't know if I can see Dethklok on it, though....

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM

This, for the love of christ.I've seen this already, with a silly little garage band named Metallica tacked onto the end of the evening (y'know, just for fun). :finger:

Jochen
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM

I would agree with Zombie, but I think they could play over Manson, or at the very least, co-headline. He plays the same-sized venues as LOG and his performances during his last few tours haven't been given very good reviews. However, logistically it probably wouldn't make sense because of his stage setup/theatrics.

AnthG
04-24-2012, 05:05 PM

Yet they're still headlining over those bands that are "bumping them up" in venue size, so I think that goes to show that they are indeed a lot more popular than just a small club band.

Magson13
04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Manson is currently on a large club/small arena tour, with prices ranging from ~$40-~$75, not including service charges. LoG recently went on a small club tour, with prices ~half-~third the price of Manson's shows. Explain how LoG would co-headline, let alone close over, Manson.

Magson13
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Yet they're still headlining over those bands that are "bumping them up" in venue size, so I think that goes to show that they are indeed a lot more popular than just a small club band.

A $20 club band headlining over $18 club bands, and only ending up in large clubs..... Not that impressive, really.

kommie
04-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Why the fuck do you people insist on arguing with the troll? You know it's wrong, and yet it insists it's right. Ignore it and move on.

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
This tour sounds like complete bullshit to me. If Dethklok played under LoG and Manson their set would be under an hour long. A LoG/Dethklok co-headliner with Gojira opening would be awesome.

RampinUp46
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
This tour sounds like complete bullshit to me. If Dethklok played under LoG and Manson their set would be under an hour long. A LoG/Dethklok co-headliner with Gojira opening would be awesome.

I don't see any reason to have Manson on this tour at all; most of the people there would just throw bottles at him anyway.

Magson13
04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Why the fuck do you people insist on arguing with the troll? You know it's wrong, and yet it insists it's right. Ignore it and move on.

Riiiiiiiight, because setting forth facts makes me a troll :lol:

mankvill
04-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Riiiiiiiight, because setting forth facts makes me a troll :lol:

LoG has played the same size venues that Manson is currently playing, though. LoG is only getting bigger, and Manson is stagnating. LoG's last club tour, to me, was just kind of a special east coast thing I thought, to give fans a chance to have a LoG show in an intimate setting. Kind of like...say...Danzig when he did that show with Doyle in a club a few years ago.

Speaking of Danzig, LoG also plays the same venues he does here.

My recollection of Lamb of God shows in this area:

Lamb of God headlining with Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, and some other bands. It was at an indoor arena, the same place I saw Slayer at in 2006. Same place Black Sabbath played in the 80s, just to give you an idea of the size.

Then they did the free Ozzfest, where, if I remember correctly, they played on the mainstage right before Ozzy. That was at an amphitheater here.

They did an off-date from Mayhem Fest with Hatebreed and 3 Inches of Blood at a club here. About 2000 capacity, and it was sold out in an instant.

Then they had that tour with AILD, Children of Bodom, etc. That was at a giant theater that I've seen Danzig, Mastoklok, Ben Folds, Modest Mouse at (again, just giving an example of size). About 2000 again.

And that's just the shows here. You gotta keep in mind that they were the main opening band for Metallica on a lot of dates. That played arenas and amphitheaters.

They're also doing Download Festival this year. They're on the mainstage, but they aren't headlining. But who are they opening for? Just some unknown bands named Black Sabbath, Soundgarden and Megadeth.

Everyone here knows how much I really dislike Lamb of God, but you would have to be crazy not to deny that they are one of the fastest growing American metal bands right now, and acknowledge that they have the opportunity to at least, AT LEAST, be as big as Pantera was in their heydey.

:2cents:

Magson13
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
That's the thing though. Lamb of God plays the same size venues that Manson is doing right now, but LoG needs strong support bands to do those venues. Killswitch and Dragonforce as openers.... AILD and Bodom.... Hatebreed and 3IOB.... Each of those bands do their own club tours, so to throw two of them together opening one tour/show, of course the venues will be larger. Ya, they played second to last on a tour which offered free tickets. Not really a solid point there.... Metallica shows would sell out with no openers, as would Download. Those aren't accurate descriptors od LoG's drawing capabilities either.

Manson, on the other hand, is currently touring with The Pretty Reckless, who are only a name-recognizable band because Manson has put his dick into the singer. Big difference from the openers that LoG has taken with them, which allowed to play the larger clubs.

I'm not arguing that LoG AREN'T playing the same sized venues, but to say that simply because they're headlining the same venues, they're automatically on equal footing draw-wise. Manson doesn't need big openers for those venues, whereas LoG does.

MPF
04-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Manson sucks!

/thread

detuned
04-25-2012, 04:26 AM
supposedly being announced friday (http://gunshyassassin.com/news/lamb-of-gods-festival-to-be-announced-friday/)

electrocute1031
04-25-2012, 06:21 AM
I will be seeing Manson this Friday at lupos in Providence, which I believe is around the same size as the Palladium in Worcester, where I saw Lamb of God last time when they came around with COB. Both sold out each venue, although Lamb of God's show was part of the NEMHF that year. Would rather see Lamb of God headline, especially if Mansons show on Friday sucks (which there is a high probability it will). Either way I'm stoked for this tour, especially if Gojira is playing, I've only seen them once, and they put on one of the heaviest live shows I've ever seen.

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 08:11 AM
That's the thing though. Lamb of God plays the same size venues that Manson is doing right now, but LoG needs strong support bands to do those venues. Killswitch and Dragonforce as openers.... AILD and Bodom.... Hatebreed and 3IOB.... Each of those bands do their own club tours, so to throw two of them together opening one tour/show, of course the venues will be larger. Ya, they played second to last on a tour which offered free tickets. Not really a solid point there.... Metallica shows would sell out with no openers, as would Download. Those aren't accurate descriptors od LoG's drawing capabilities either.

Manson, on the other hand, is currently touring with The Pretty Reckless, who are only a name-recognizable band because Manson has put his dick into the singer. Big difference from the openers that LoG has taken with them, which allowed to play the larger clubs.

I'm not arguing that LoG AREN'T playing the same sized venues, but to say that simply because they're headlining the same venues, they're automatically on equal footing draw-wise. Manson doesn't need big openers for those venues, whereas LoG does.

What?

No one knows them because of Manson. She only came out on stage with him at Golden Gods because of the tour. I'd say she's known because of her career in movies and TV.

BloodoftheKings
04-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Isn't the singer of 'The Pretty Reckless' Cindy Loo Who from the Grinch movie?

DementedX14
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Yep.

Steev
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM

Disturbing isn't it

dcmetal108
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I for one find her mildly attractive sometimes. Even on her bad days she looks like she'd be in for some kinky rough sex.

NickLed19
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I think she looks good as hell.

mankvill
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
>youtube The Pretty Reckless
>the first video features this girl walking and taking off her clothes, displaying her tits all up out there
>wikipedia her
>she was 16 when this video was released

you guys

300%_Density
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
This thread will be flagged by the FBI within the hour.

NickLed19
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
She is about to turn 19, and I am 20. So I am good.

mankvill
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
She is about to turn 19, and I am 20. So I am good.

unfortunately, i've seen posts from members on this board talking about her and referencing pictures/videos when she was underage.

Yall niggaz is gross.

MPF
04-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I've never found her hot.

Magson13
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Interesting. Although things like that do not have much draw power when it comes to opening for a band. Especially if people aren't even aware of the gimmick of her being an actress (I for one, did not know.)

And yeah, gross as fuck. I have friends with kids that age.........

NickLed19
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
unfortunately, i've seen posts from members on this board talking about her and referencing pictures/videos when she was underage.

Yall niggaz is gross.

LOL that was not me. :D

mankvill
04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
It wasn't The Pretty Reckless' brand of mediocre radio rock that got them famous, it was probably the fact that a 15 year old girl was stripping in their first video, which just also happens to have over 8 million views. Gross.

kommie
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Isn't she/wasn't she on some lame ass show on CW?

300%_Density
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Isn't she/wasn't she on some lame ass show on CW?

Correct

RAMNOfficial
04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Log, manson, meshuggah, and in flames are possibly on this "festival" from what I am hearing... :)

Steev
04-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Log, manson, meshuggah, and in flames are possibly on this "festival" from what I am hearing... :)

Weird but Id go

AnthG
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM

I'll put it like this:

In 2009, Lamb of God played about a 5,000-6,000 person arena on that tour with AILD and Bodom when it stopped in Toronto. Sure, those bands aren't no-name bands or anything in terms of popularity, but it's not like those bands are hot on the rise with huge radioplay or anything. They both just have a strong following of underground, loyal fans.

Now, just a month or so later, in the same city (Toronto, which has a population of about 2.5 million plus another 3 million in the surrounding metro area, so it's not exactly a slim crowd to draw from), Disturbed was to play the same venue, but a week before the show had to reschedule to a smaller venue (about 3,200 in capacity, and I'm sure it still wasn't sold out). And this is Disturbed, a band who have had their last 4 albums debut at #1 on Billboard. Opening for them? All that Remains, who in addition to having a still somewhat strong underground metal fanbase built the same way a band like AILD built theirs, but were also gaining a following from the more hard rock crowd since Two Weeks had already blown up by that time.

Same thing happened to Korn in April of 2010. They were supposed to play a 6,000ish capacity venue, and that got moved to the same venue Disturbed got moved to a year earlier. And it still wasn't sold out, as people were buying tickets at the door. Oh, and opening for them on that tour? Five Finger Death Punch, another band that even then had exploded in popularity.

I do agree with you on your Metallica/Download comments. The Metallica show I went to in 2009 sold out before any openers were announced (eventually Lamb of God and Volbeat), but even though a band as big as Metallica doesn't need a big name support band to sell tickets, big bands like that usually still do take out rather well known bands to support them. I mean, this is a band that on their last few tours in North America had direct support from Linkin Park, Godsmack, Korn (at the height of their popularity), etc. so it would only make sense for them to keep bringing out big bands to support them.

As far as Manson goes, I know the Pretty Reckless isn't a huge deal, but they have far more mainstream recognition and popularity than a band like Children of Bodom does. You're making it sound like he's only playing with a couple of local openers in each city. It's not like that at all.

And one other thing i'm not sure if someone brought up already is just because LOG is playing those big venues with those support bands doesn't mean they're playing those big venues because of those support bands. Correlation =/= causation. You're also forgetting that Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, and As I Lay Dying draw their fanbases from the same group of people. Your reasoning seems to be that they played those venues because it's the Lamb of God fans plus the COB fans plus the AILD fans etc., when actually the people showing up for a Lamb of God club show are largely the same people showing up to that CoB club show. I think there's a mathematical expression or equation that explains the comparison, but I don't remember it. Something about drawing from the same sample and not different samples, or something.

And to anyone who went to see LOG on that tour in 2009 (I was unable to), how packed were the venues for the opening bands on the tour? It may have been one of those instances where the venue is less than half empty for even the band right before the headliner, and then packed when LoG came out. I've noticed that at a lot of arena/theater shows, regardless of how big the support bands are.

Magson13
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
So those tours happened, with the downgraded venues.... But then, Korn closed gayhemfest immediately after their tour, and LoG was still two spots under them. And Disturbed went on to close gayhemfest in 2011 after also having their venue size downgraded. So regardless of venue size, the mainstream bands still outdraw LoG when it comes to larger tours, instead of clubs.

Like you said, Metallica can sell out a venue before even announcing openers. So they can bring any band they want to open. I'm fairly certain they bring bands they personally like, as opposed to big draws. If I was in their situation, that would be what I would. Whoever I wanted to see live thirty times.

I have no real frame of reference to understand The Pretty Reckless's drawing potential, so I'll withdraw my point for that.

Bodom and AILD do have relatively different audiences than LoG though. Both of those bands play the same club here that LoG does, and LoG does it for $20 with local support, Bodom and AILD each do it for $18 with local support. All three do share a chunk of fans, yes. But if you throw a bunch of bands like these that people enjoy together, it makes the shared fans more likely to attend. Plus, they each have their own style. AILD appeals moreso to the scene/metalcore crowd, Bodom appeals more to the folky-ish crowd, and LoG appeals more to the fairweather metal crowd (having a tough time finding the right words to describe the three crowds, but I hope my attempts at least make sense as to what I'm getting at). So they do draw their own groups, which expands the overall crowd.

AnthG
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
So those tours happened, with the downgraded venues.... But then, Korn closed gayhemfest immediately after their tour, and LoG was still two spots under them. And Disturbed went on to close gayhemfest in 2011 after also having their venue size downgraded. So regardless of venue size, the mainstream bands still outdraw LoG when it comes to larger tours, instead of clubs.

I think a factor into determining who headlines festival tours, aside from popularity and album sales, is reputation and "legacy", and really how long a band has been around. There are times when that's not the case, but usually when bands are on a similar level of popularity, and they've all been around for a long time (Korn since 94, Zombie since 98, LOG since 2000), I've noticed they tend to give the headlining spots to the band that's been around longer. Kind of like in sports how the more veteran players get the calls from refs going their way over the younger players, even if the talent level is the same. All about reputation sometimes.

Magson13
04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
I disagree. I feel it's always about money, and that means the biggest draw would take the top spot. And even so, if your argument was correct, wouldn't that put LoG under Manson on this tour anyways?

AnthG
04-26-2012, 03:19 AM
It's definitely mostly about money, but I think all else being equal, or roughly equal (which I think it is in this case), that the tie-breaker would be something like that.

They're billed under Manson for Heavy TO and Heavy MTL this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he headlined over Lamb of God on a tour like this.

mastodon421
04-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Lamb of God has been popular for years and their popularity has only increased over the years. Manson was popular and hasn't been popular for years.

/thread

imanidiot777
04-26-2012, 05:39 AM
And to anyone who went to see LOG on that tour in 2009 (I was unable to), how packed were the venues for the opening bands on the tour? It may have been one of those instances where the venue is less than half empty for even the band right before the headliner, and then packed when LoG came out. I've noticed that at a lot of arena/theater shows, regardless of how big the support bands are.

I was at the Electric Factory in Philly for that tour, they came twice during that tour because Philly sold out the first show really fast. I was at both shows and it was packed both times, and that took place over only 3 weeks.

kommie
04-26-2012, 05:56 AM
I was at the Electric Factory in Philly for that tour, they came twice during that tour because Philly sold out the first show really fast. I was at both shows and it was packed both times, and that took place over only 3 weeks.

NYC was also packed, you could not comfortably move around at all.

Steev
04-26-2012, 06:48 AM

yeah went to the first show and it was among the most crowded shows Ive ever seen there(fun fact, another was "Share the Welt" last year)

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Mehuggah just announced an overseas festival date for early August. Looks like they are not on it.

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Lamb of God has been popular for years and their popularity has only increased over the years. Manson was popular and hasn't been popular for years.

/thread

In all honestly, this.

And it's not like Mansons new cd is going to bring him to huge amounts of popularity again because well, it sucks huge amounts of asshole.

kommie
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Not that I think Manson is more popular or anything, but looking at his last 2 CD sales it looks like he sells more than Lamb of God, don't really care to look in real detail about it however.

kalfitegrdan
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Not that I think Manson is more popular or anything, but looking at his last 2 CD sales it looks like he sells more than Lamb of God, don't really care to look in real detail about it however.

But Lamb of God's last record got to like #3 on the Billboard 200 or some shit like that. There is no way that Manson's new album is gonna get that.

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 03:32 PM
But Lamb of God's last record got to like #3 on the Billboard 200 or some shit like that. There is no way that Manson's new album is gonna get that.

No way, I'm saying Manson will be around 20 or so on the billboard 200.

AnthG
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

Higher chart position doesn't mean more album sales. It all depends on how everything else sold that week. Tons of metal bands have had increasing chart position debuts with each released yet the actual sales numbers have gone down with each release.

kommie
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Higher chart position doesn't mean more album sales. It all depends on how everything else sold that week. Tons of metal bands have had increasing chart position debuts with each released yet the actual sales numbers have gone down with each release.

But also, album sales do not equal ticket sales, the most recent StoneSour album probably sold really well, however they were booked 3,000-6,000 cap venues, and a lot of them were moved to smaller places.

Magson13
04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Manson is selling out ~5000 capacity clubs right now on his current tour, for $40+ tickets. You can't say he isn't still popular when he's doing that. There's obviously still a market for him. Maybe you don't see it, because it's not within your circle of friends, but there definitely people shelling out big bucks for him.

Xenocide
04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
He is? The first stop of the tour is 20 minutes from me at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel. It's around a 4k capacity venue, the show is TOMORROW, and it isn't close to sold out. The venue's facebook has been advertising it hard trying to sell more tickets.

detuned
04-26-2012, 05:46 PM
hah, lupos is 2000, as is the majority of the other venues on that tour, give or take a hundred or two

electrocute1031
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
He is? The first stop of the tour is 20 minutes from me at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel. It's around a 4k capacity venue, the show is TOMORROW, and it isn't close to sold out. The venue's facebook has been advertising it hard trying to sell more tickets.

I just checked the site, a couple of my friends wanted to go, all that's left are balcony tickets. The first day they went on sale I tried to get Blacony GA, and they were sold out. This leads me to believe they released more tickets for it. I checked about 4 days ago and they were all sold out, before that all that was available was GA floor. Either way I don't think Manson's been able to sell out 4k+ venues by himself since 2003ish, maybe 2007 on the headlining dates, but even that I'm not sure of. I just remember seeing him on Mayhem Fest 2009 in Mansfield and a lot of the crowd left after Slayer.

Magson13
04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I spot checked three shows on Ticketmaster for his tour, and all the venues were at least 5000 capacity, and were sold out.

Releasing more tickets indicates he sold out everything they initially put out, and wanted to capitalize on that, and make extra money, so they opened more of the venue to the public.

detuned
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
just knock it off

eagles ballroom - 3200

stage ae - "2400 indoors; 5500 outdoors"

rest are in the 2000 ballpark, a couple far less (1000, 1500)

dcmetal108
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
just knock it off

eagles ballroom - 3200

And the winner is Detuned for showing stats! :)

Magson13
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
just knock it off

eagles ballroom - 3200

And guess where Manson's show is at Stage AE? Outside.

MPF
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry, why does the lineup order and what bands brings in more of crowd matter if they are going to be on the same tour?

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but as long as the bands that I wanna see are on a tour I wanna go to....does it really fucking matter?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry, why does the lineup order and what bands brings in more of crowd matter if they are going to be on the same tour?

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, but as long as the bands that I wanna see are on a tour I wanna go to....does it really fucking matter?

Exactly!!!

kommie
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM

I had to stand through As I Lay Crying to see Lamb of God once, and they fucking suck. Amon Amarth's first headlining tour here, Sonic Synditcate were on it.... my god, everyone in the audience sat down during them.

MPF
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I had to stand through As I Lay Crying to see Lamb of God once, and they fucking suck. Amon Amarth's first headlining tour here, Sonic Synditcate were on it.... my god, everyone in the audience sat down during them.

I guess that's where I differ from a lot of people. I don't actually mind suffereing through bands I don't really like to see bands that I do. if the crowd is small enough and the opening band isn't my thing I go to the bar, hang out with friends or talk to the bands at the merch tables (if I'm not doing interviews that is).

Even in my reviews, I always talk more about everything that happens before and after the shows instead of the just the concert in front of me.

But again, that's just me.

christopher
04-27-2012, 01:06 AM

yeah so...that's why you show up after the shitty bands are done. I would rather have every opening band suck if that meant the one I wanted to see was the headliner and got a long set.

stylesclash516
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
And guess where Manson's show is at Stage AE? Outside.

Actually, after talking to the director of marketing at Stage AE she said that moving Manson outside was a bad idea. He was originally inside and when tickets went on sale 1,000 was sold in 10 minutes and barely any tickets have been sold after that. He will be lucky if he gets 2,500.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Sorry to break up this wonderful numbers game, but for those interested, Manson's new album has leaked. What I've heard is definitely better than the last two albums, but nothing really stands out.

dcmetal108
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry to break up this wonderful numbers game, but for those interested, Manson's new album has leaked. What I've heard is definitely better than the last two albums, but nothing really stands out.

I announced that it leaked a few days ago, and having listened to it a few times, it sucks. And I'm a Manson fan and liked his last album but this one is pretty bland.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-27-2012, 08:57 PM
The LoG fest... Its just a tour with 4 or 5 bands, not a festival.*Not sure why it wasn't announced today.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
I announced that it leaked a few days ago, and having listened to it a few times, it sucks. And I'm a Manson fan and liked his last album but this one is pretty bland.

Ah, sorry about that, then. So far alot of it isn't doing it for me. Pistol Whipped and The Gardener seem cool, though. Still, its a step in the right direction.

AnthG
04-29-2012, 08:02 AM

I listened to it once. It's awful. My expectations weren't exactly high either. I know he's not going to release something as good as Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood, or even Golden age of Grotesque ever again, but this album possibly gives High End of Low (another album I thought was awful) a run for its money.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
I listened to it once. It's awful. My expectations weren't exactly high either. I know he's not going to release something as good as Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood, or even Golden age of Grotesque ever again, but this album possibly gives High End of Low (another album I thought was awful) a run for its money.

The album seems to be getting decent reviews, with most saying it sounds like a combo of Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood. In my opinion, what I've heard is better than High End of Low, but still isn't up to par with what they could be doing. I think my favorite headline for a review summed it up perfectly: "Brian Warner Finally Realizes How to be Marilyn Manson Again." Hopefully it'll grow on me. I quite liked High End of Low.

Xenocide
04-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Marilyn Manson is a fucking mess now. Not that he hasn't always been. He just used to be a different kind of mess.

DementedX14
04-30-2012, 09:41 AM

I think Golden Age of Grotesque was Manson last great album probably because of the combination of John 5, Madonna Wayne Gacy and Tim Sköld. I think after Madonna Wayne Gacy left the band it has never been the same for me. He was the last remnant of what was great about Manson during the 90s, not to disregard Twiggy but he hasn't made that big of an impression on me from a music standpoint. Manson himself has been getting older and from that his performance may continue to decline but hopefully not according to some.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Manson went downhill when John 5 left.

Chris_M_S
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Without a doubt. The Tim Skold-era stuff was really bland and the albums since then have felt like lifeless autopilot.

mudfan26
04-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Wolverinekills any news on when this will be announced and whose official on the lineup?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Wolverinekills any news on when this will be announced and whose official on the lineup?

It was supposed to be announced last Friday but was not for some reason. The line up has been tight lipped. I would expect any of the following to possibly be on the tour:

Meshuggah
Gojira
Overkill
Dethklok
Manson

Steev
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
It was supposed to be announced last Friday but was not for some reason. The line up has been tight lipped. I would expect any of the following to possibly be on the tour:

Meshuggah
Gojira
Overkill
Dethklok
Manson

if I could have only one of those it'd be Meshuggah, missed them at Ozzfest 10 years ago and still have never seen them

Steev
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
side note and LOL too, this almost looks like an April fools joke from last year where someone said LOG would be touring with Meshuggah, Gojira, and Periphery

Slayedbythebeast
05-08-2012, 11:54 AM
LoG is rumored to tour with Gojira which would be fuckin amazing..I would like to see DethKlok added to this lineup..O or Machine Head :rocker:
Manson is supposed to tour with Zombie this summer
Meshuggah is already touring NA

To top it all off I am seeing all these bands excluding Meshuggah at HEAVY MTL!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: