PDA

View Full Version : Record Store Day 2012

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Taking my first look at the list of this year's record store day exclusives. Here's some of the cool shit that should interest you guys.

*Crosses Option/Telepathy $7.50 7″ vinyl Limited Edition (1,000 Units Total) Special 7″, double-A side release from Crosses. Features one song from each of the band’s two EP’s, EP 1 & EP 2.

*King Crimson King Crimson 21st Century Bundle RSD 49.98 CD Bundled exclusively for Record Store Day, these two King Crimson boxsets, containing more than 100 tracks, cover live and studio work fromone of the most prolific and ground breaking bands of all time. Packagedwith a one-of-a-kind Record Store Day t-shirt, this set, spanning 1969-2003, is a tremendous value for a King Crimson completist, or a perfectway to introduce music lovers to this influential band. Each box contains 4 CD�s; 8 CD�s in all in this bundle!

*Tomahawk Eponymous To Anonymous [3 LP] L45 LP

*CLASH, THE London Calling 2012 (NON-RETURNABLE) $9.98 7-inch Single 7″ – Both songs Previously Unreleased:

*DEATH GRIPS The Money Store (NON-RETURNABLE) $23.98 LP 180 gram with download insert; Full-length vinyl exclusive to RSD store for 4 weeks and preceeding the 4/24 CD release

*OSBOURNE, OZZY Believer/ Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix) (NON-RETURNABLE) $11.98 7-inch Single 7″ polka dot colored vinyl (Randy Rhoads style). Both songs previously released. US only

*OSBOURNE, OZZY Ozzy Live (2 LP) (NON-RETURNABLE) $34.98 LP 180 gram vinyl (2 lp)

*Disturbed The Collection (6LP 33 RPM)(RSD Exclusive) 129.98

*SOCIAL DISTORTION Hard Times And Nursery Rhymes (Limited Edition Colored LP) 21.98 non-returnable
The autographed poster will be randomly shuffled between A-871197 & A-871194
Limited Edition (750) Colored – Lime Green Vinyl. Includes: CD of album and 18″ X 24″ Poster. 750

*SOCIAL DISTORTION Hard Times And Nursery Rhymes (Limited Edition Colored LP) 21.98 non-returnable
The autographed poster will be randomly shuffled between A-871197 & A-871194
Limited Edition (750) Colored – Lime Green Vinyl. Includes: CD of album and 18″ X 24″ Poster. 750

*Misfits Walk Among Us (Colored Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) 17.98

*Nightwish Trails Of Imaginaerum (10″ Picture Disc)(RSD Exclusive) 16.98

*REFUSED The Shape Of Punk To Come (Limited Edition Colored Vinyl LP) 24.98 2LP, non-returnable
The Shape of Punk To Come Limited Edition Colored Vinyl LP – Includes: LP, CD of Album, DVD and Poster. The Shape of Punk to Come was Refused’s masterpiece, their last recording, and the record that launched a generation of bands by pointing the way to a hardcore sound that was dense, sophisticated, and brimming with smarts.

*FLOGGING MOLLY Drunken Lullabies/A Prayer For Me In Silence 5.98 non-returnable
Record Store Day exclusive Flogging Molly 7″. Features a unreleased version of Drunken Lullabies mixed by Steve Albini (The Pixies, Nirvana) and a acoustic version of A Prayer For Me In Silence.

*Metallica Beyond Magnetic (33 RPM Silver Colored Vinyl)(RSD Exclusive) 12.98 5,000

*Mastodon/Feist Mastodon/Feist (7″ 45RPM Vinyl Single)(RSD Exclusive) 6.98 5,000

*The Flaming Lips/Mastodon A Spoonful Weighs A Ton (7″ Baby Pink Colored Vinyl Single)(RSD Exclusive) 6.98

*ODD FUTURE THE OF TAPE VOL. 2

*RAINBOW LONG LIVE ROCK ‘N’ ROLL

*RAMONE, JOEY ROCK ‘N ROLL IS THE

Full list (http://looneytunescds.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/record-store-day-2012/)

Gotta start saving. My top priorities are the Death Grips LP, Gorillaz single, both Mastodon splits, and I definitely want those Misfits and Refused reissues but I doubt i'll have the money.

IrritatedTrout
03-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Will all the participating stores carry all the releases?

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM

It's usually the same for most participating stores.

detuned
03-20-2012, 04:51 PM
700 stores participate, so anything limited to less than that total wont be at every store

Sanitarium78
03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Wait a minute, record stores still exist?

dcmetal108
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
So I assume you have to be in store to buy them.

treghet
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Wait a minute, record stores still exist?

Yes. :finger:

So I assume you have to be in store to buy them.

That's the point. :lol:

John The Drummer
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Last year I spent a good $200 on Record Store Day, this year its the Day after Behemoth, which is the same week as Paganfest... FUUUUUU-

Sanitarium78
03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes. :finger:

I know there's still a few left. Besides the big chain stores (target, best buy, walmart) we don't have many stores in my area that still sell CDs. There's only one FYE left and just a couple independent stores and that's it. Unfortunately, the depth of selection at these places isn't too great anymore.

I remember before the age of downloading my friend and I used to spend an hour or so in our local record stores just looking around and talking music. Now, i'm usually in and out in under ten minutes.

ShatteredFlame
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Can't wait for that weekend but damn there's a lot here that I want. The record store in CT I'm going to is supposed to be incredible too and I've never been there before so I will likely buy other stuff too. :snivel:

treghet
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I know there's still a few left. Besides the big chain stores (target, best buy, walmart) we don't have much in my area anymore. There's only one FYE left and just a couple independent stores and that's it. Unfortunately, the depth of selection at these places isn't too great anymore.

I remember before the age of downloading my friends and I used to spend an hour or so in our local record stores just looking around and talking music. Now, i'm usually in and out in under ten minutes.

Yeah, it's not that much different here. We do have Amoeba in Hollywood though! :D

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Just did calculations and I would need about $130 to get everything I want here. I separated them into tiers of importance.

Stuff i'm definitely buying:
Gorillaz 'Do Ya Thang' single
Death Grips - The Money Store
both Mastodon splits

Stuff I hope I will have the money to get:
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come reissue
Misfits - Walk Among Us reissue

Stuff I will consider if other things are sold out:
Ozzy 'Believer' single
Metallica - Beyond Magnetic vinyl

powerslave_85
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Definitely getting:
Lemuria
Both Mastodon splits

Maybe:
Refused

Nater
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
We have a small chain of record stores up this way and jesus are they awesome. Between the 8 of them they have a huge collection of music. I go to their warehouse once a month and just spend a couple hours going through the metal section looking for cool shit.

anomynous
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
There's nothing I want this year.

Not a bad thing, since I get to save money now.

TonyD
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Gotta get the Mastodon and Ozzy Singles. The Ozzy double live album doesn't sound familiar, I'll probably get it if it's Rhoads era, definitely won't if it's not.

Most of the stores will have at least 1 or 2 of most of the things that aren't super limited. Last year I went to a store in San Jose 15 minutes before it opened and had to wait in line for over an hour just to buy stuff, but apparently the smaller place near home was a little more busy that it would usually be on a Saturday.

Onioner
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Gotta get the Mastodon and Ozzy Singles. The Ozzy double live album doesn't sound familiar, I'll probably get it if it's Rhoads era, definitely won't if it's not.

Most of the stores will have at least 1 or 2 of most of the things that aren't super limited. Last year I went to a store in San Jose 15 minutes before it opened and had to wait in line for over an hour just to buy stuff, but apparently the smaller place near home was a little more busy that it would usually be on a Saturday.

Did you go to Rasputin? I think i've blown hundreds if not thousands of dollars there haha. They usually have a solid stock of Record Store Day stuff though.

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Nothing I care about once again. Record Store Days are beginning to get tiresome.

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Wait, hang on. How come your list doesn't include the Clutch 'Pig Town Blues' 7"? I might actually try to get that.

A new Gojira 'End Of Time/Bleeding' 7" will also be available, but isn't exclusive. You can also get it at Volcom stores.

Epidemic Reign
03-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Wait, hang on. How come your list doesn't include the Clutch 'Pig Town Blues' 7"? I might actually try to get that.

A new Gojira 'End Of Time/Bleeding' 7" will also be available, but isn't exclusive. You can also get it at Volcom stores.

Volcom has stores!? (/lolbrits)

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Volcom has stores!? (/lolbrits)

Er, yes, many, in several countries...

US ones are in California, Boulder, NYC, Hawaii and Vegas.

stylesclash516
03-21-2012, 07:44 AM
I'll be trying for:

Metallica: Beyond Magnetic
Flogging Molly: Drunken Lullabies (because it's cheap)
Nightwish: Trails Of Imaginaerum
Misfits: Walk Among Us
Social Distortion: Hard Times And Nursery Rhymes
Garbage: Blood For Poppies

Hopefully the participating Pittsburgh sores have a few of each. But I'll run all over Pittsburgh if I have to in order to find the Social Distortion one since it's a great deal.

Rocco44
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it's not that much different here. We do have Amoeba in Hollywood though! :D
There are a lot of record stores in LA. My favorite is Vacation Vinyl, great metal selection.
Er, yes, many, in several countries...

US ones are in California, Boulder, NYC, Hawaii and Vegas.

Yeah, funny enough I saw Wino do a free acoustic show at a Volcom store. Volcom also does some cool vinyl releases.

treghet
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM
There are a lot of record stores in LA. My favorite is Vacation Vinyl, great metal selection.

Thanks, I'll have to go there sometime.

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Complete list from the official website (http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases)

The list I posted had most of this stuff but one thing caught my eye that wasn't on my local record store's website

G.G. Allin & Antiseen
Violence Now/Cock on the Loose

DETAILS
Format: 7" 45
Label: Green Mist Records
Release type: RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release
More Info:
Format: 7" brown vinyl
Out of print since ‘92. One time pressing of 300 copies on exclusive brown vinyl. Remastered audio with original sleeve and labels. Never before seen insert with GG‘s original handwritten lyrics to “Violence Now.”

:eek:

ravenheart
03-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah, funny enough I saw Wino do a free acoustic show at a Volcom store. Volcom also does some cool vinyl releases.

Yep... but none of them are available here. I asked :(

jd091
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll probably pick up the Mastodon/Blood for Blood releases, and am strongly considering the Odd Future, Ringworm, Botch, and Katy Perry (:tongue:) releases.

ravenheart
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Just the Clutch single for me. If I can find it.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-23-2012, 04:52 PM
The King Crimson collection sounds amazing. I've only picked up the first album, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of this one.

TonyD
03-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Just the Clutch single for me. If I can find it.

Where do you see a Clutch single?

ravenheart
03-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Where do you see a Clutch single?

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-product.aspx

TonyD
03-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Shit looks like you get that and a Gojira single that we don't get in the US

ravenheart
03-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Shit looks like you get that and a Gojira single that we don't get in the US

You get the Gojira single at Volcom Stores. It's not a Record Store Day exclusive for you.